- Text Size +

Brian Kinney is in prison for the murder of Michael Novotny. He was convicted on circumstantial evidence alone; there were no eyewitnesses and Michael's body has never been found.

Melanie Marcus is Brian's attorney and believes that he was framed. She also believes that Michael is still alive. While working on his appeal, she is also working with a non-profit group that fights to get justice for people wrongly convicted of a crime.

Daphne Chanders works for the non-profit group while attending CMU for a paralegal degree. When she reads about Brian's case, she asks to help Melanie and tells her about her best friend who is a private investigator.

Justin Taylor is a newly licensed private investigator. He becomes intrigued with Brian's case after talking with Melanie and Daphne. However, Melanie thinks he is too young and inexperienced to handle the case so, Justin decides to investigate on his own. He uncovers enough evidence to gain Brian's release pending a new trial. Together they solve the mystery.

So...

Is Michael alive and if so, did he frame Brian?

If Michael is alive, why did he frame Brian and did he have an accomplice?

If Michael is really dead, who framed Brian and why?

And which of Brian's friends stood by him, trying to help discover the truth of what happened to Michael?