- Text Size +

Chapter 17


Brinn woke up early.  It was her birthday and she was having a big party. She laid awake in bed as long as she could and then she ran to her dads room and started knocking.  “Are you awake? Please be awake. Can I come in? I really want to come in.”


Brian looked at Justin from between his legs.  His tongue was slowly tracing the valley in his ass while Justin’s legs were on Brian’s shoulders. His tongue dipped in for a second and then Brian moved up between his legs.  His mouth was at Justin’s ear and said, “We will finish this later.” Justin wasn’t sure how he did it but before he realized it Brian had put in a vibrating plug and as he pulled the blankets up he said, “Come in.”


Justin glared at him for a second.  If Brinn stayed long he was in real trouble. That vibration was hitting all of his tenderness just right. He clung to Brian and kissed him as Brinn came bounding in.


“Hey, you told me to come in.  Don’t start having sex in front of me now that I am 10.” Brian almost lost control.  He couldn’t stop from laughing.


Justin took a deep breath, “We would never do that, Brinny,” he patted the bed between them, “but you know it is possible that you would see us together sometime by accident.  And if we are ever making love just politely turn around and walk out. There is nothing wrong with you father’s loving each other. Brian smiled over at his Sunshine. He always knew how to say things.



In all seriousness Brinn looked at Justin, “May I stay and watch?”  Now Brian started coughing.


“Well, Brinny, I can understand why you might think you would like to do that but honestly, I don’t think that would be a good idea.  First of all, it might be awkward for you later, and second, you may just think it looks gross and you may think we are weird for being in love like that.”


Brinn thought about it for a minute. “Ok, but you wouldn’t be mad at me?”


“Of course not, Brinn. But if we ask you to,” Justin was using all his control now not to come,“to  wait out in the hall or come back in 20 minutes, I hope you will do what we ask. Now that you are 10 you should understand these things.”


“Would you like me to leave now?” She asked.


“I need to give you a birthday kiss and hug first.” Brinn snuggled into Justin’s arms and then Brian wrapped his long lean arms around both of them.  They both kissed Brinn and then kissed each other over top of her. “Brinn, we will be leaving for town about noon. How about a late breakfast? I will make waffles, or pancakes, or French toast.  You decide.”


“That sounds good!”


“Why don’t you have some fruit now and you can watch your favorite movie while your dad and I finish getting ready?”


Brinn put one hand on each of their cheeks, “You two take your time loving each other. I am ten.  I can get my own snack.” She smiled and walked out.


“You heard our daughter.  She wants us to make love,” Brian pulled Justin close and kissed him.


“God, that was playing dirty.”  Brian’s hand moved down and found Justin on the verge of cumming.


“What do you want me to do, Sunshine?”


“Get that cock in me, NOW!” He pressed his chest to the mattress with his ass in the air.  Brian instantly pulled the plug out and grabbed the lube, using more than usual. He slowly and carefully entered him.  Justin cried out softly as Brian spread him inside. He wasn’t all the way in when Justin began to tremble and climaxed, totally out of control.  Brian was so relieved Justin was back to normal he orgasmed right after him.


Justin straightened, but made sure Brian stayed where he was. Justin leaned back and sighed. “I love you, darling.”


Brian’s arms held him tightly against him, “How did I get so lucky having you and Brinn in my life?”


“You had no choice,” Justin started moving his hips ever so slightly. “I wasn’t letting you go anywhere without me and face it, neither of us deserve Brinn or Gus but I am so glad we have them.”


Brian had a side view of Justin’s face and with each move he could see pain and pleasure go across it.  “Does it still hurt?”

“It is such a beautiful feeling.  I feel like I am getting a high from...oh, god, Brian, stop me. Don’t let me cum yet.  I don’t want it to end. Justin’s head dropped back as Brian put a vice grip on his cock.  Brian held on as long as he could and as he exploded inside him he let go and Justin joined him.


Several minutes later as they were in the shower, Justin stood in Brian’s arms.  “I thought we would never add one to our top ten but that….That was amazing!”


“Every time with you is amazing but from the look on your face, that must have been really good.”


“I can’t even describe it.  We better go check on our 10 year old.  And don’t think I am forgetting that 10 years ago today was not only was one of the happiest but the being of one of the scariest times in my life.  I can’t imagine if you would have...well, you know.”


“I am so glad I am here to see those gray strands showing up at your temple and the slightest hint of smile lines at your eyes.” Brian started kissing him again.


“No, we can’t spend all day in bed.  We have a party to host. Maybe soon we can take a week in Ibiza, or two weeks,” He kissed him again.   “We can talk about it after the wedding.” Justin shut off the water, “Let’s get going.



Justin texted Gus and Shelby and asked if they would like to come for brunch around 10:30.  Gus surfaced from under the blankets with a grin and picked up his phone. “Breakfast with the birthday girl?” Gus asked Shelby. He saw her hesitate.  “We have plenty of time to finish what we’ve started.” He grinned at her and she nodded as she flipped him over and straddled him, facing away from him. She had discovered a spot that needed itching and it was scratched better in this position.  As Shelby moved, Gus thrust up to meet her and they cried out in unison.

Gus pulled her to him.  Oh, Shelly,” Gus rubbed the barely noticeable bump on her tummy. “Soon we will be parents and then be planning a party.”


“Well, right now, we better focus on Brinn and as much as we can help Dad out.  He will be a nervous wreck once Tina gets there.”


“You know I will do what I can and if that means befriending the shrew, I’ll do that.”


“That is a great idea.   Thanks, Shelby. Now we need to get moving.”



After breakfast, Shelby helped Brinn get ready for her party.  She curled her hair and pulled it back on one side. She added just a touch of blush and lip gloss. “Shelby, am I pretty?  I mean I know everyone tells me I am but you’re family. Do you think other people think I’m pretty or do they just see some weird smart kid.”


“Oh, Brinn, you are beautiful, inside and out.  Trust me, other girls can see you are pretty but more important you are beautiful inside.”


Brian saw Brinn walk out first, wearing her new outfit and with her hair done. She looked so grown up.  Brian knew what Justin’s reaction would be so he put an arm around him and turned him to look at Brinn. Brian kissed Justin’s temple.


“Oh, Brinny, you look so….you are beautiful.” Justin managed to get out.


“Daddy, am I as pretty as my mom was when you met her?”


“Oh, Brinn,” Justin wanted to say this right. “Your mom is a nice looking woman  but, Sweetheart, you are so beautiful. I am not sure what we will do when you want to start dating.  You better get used to the idea you will never go out alone.”


“Oh, Daddy.” She slowly turned to Brian and looked up into his eyes. “Well?”


Brian couldn’t find his voice.  Those eyes, so much like her daddy’s turned him to jelly.  He dropped to a knee and pulled her close. “Happy Birthday, Sweetheart,” he said ever so softly.


“I love you, Dad.” Her arms came around his neck.  “Don’t worry, I will always be your little girl.” She smiled and then said, “Can we go to my party now?”  


Brian took a deep breath.  Justin took Brian’s face between his hands and wiped the tears away.  “And you thought I was going to fall apart,” Justin kissed each cheek.  “Come on softy.”



When the birthday girl arrived, the wine bar was covered in twinkle lights.  There was music playing and Brinn went in to make the final inspection. Jennifer had arrived earlier and was waiting to surprise her.  “GRANDMA! No one told me you were coming. Why didn’t anyone tell me? I am so happy to see you.” Brinn ran into Jenn’s open arms. They sat by the birthday table and talked while food was set out.  Soon Molly dropped Paul onto his grandma’s lap and put a package on the gift table.


Soon guests started arriving.  Some of the girls she had gone to camp with last summer, arrived.  Brinn was so excited. The floor was full of 10 year olds. Soon a few more adults walked in.  Justin jumped every time the door opened. He looked up and saw Dan and Marcus walk in. Brian noticed a genuine smile crossed his face as he walked over to meet them. After a quick kiss for Dan, Justin and Marcus hugged and shared a kiss.  Brian came across the room like dog chasing a cat. The kiss went on longer than either Brian or Dan appreciated. “It is so good to see you. I am glad you could make it. The median age here is far too young.”


Brian possessively put his arm around Justin’s waist and said, “I think it is time for you and me to show the kids how it is done. Come on Dan.  You still remember how to dance, don’t you?”


All the girls squealed as the men joined them. The volume in the room was loud but Justin heard the door.  He glanced over to find Tina standing there. He broke away from Brian. Keep Brinn away from the other room for a bit.  I need to talk to her and lay out the rules. He thought about trying to stop him but knew it was a waste of time. He let him go.  He wondered if he should go along.


Justin took Tina’s elbow firmly and nearly drug her to the other side of the business.  “Hello to you, too, Justin. I feel so welcome.”


“Tina, I don’t want you here.  I don’t want you near my daughter but she is getting old enough to want a relationship but if you get out of line in any way whatsoever you will not be allowed for another visit as long as I have a say.”


“Justin, I just want to be a part of our beautiful daughter’s life.  She needs a woman in her life.”


“She has plenty of women.  She has my mom, my sister, Gus’ future bride.”


“Gus is getting married? I can’t believe he is old enough. And what good is your mom and sister on the east coast?”


“Mom visits often now that Molly lives here with her husband and little boy. Now the only rule is you are never alone with Brinn.  If you try to get alone with her, you’re gone. If you tell her things you can’t follow through with, you’re gone.”


“Justin, I am not here to cause trouble.  I am here to celebrate my daughter’s birthday and to get to know her a little better.”


“She is not your daughter.  She is ours, Brian and mine.  You gave birth to her but you lost any rights after pulling that stunt with Brinn and Matty a few years ago.”


“Justin, I know.  Now, can I go see m..your daughter?” Tina started toward the door.  “This is really a cute shop. Whose is it?”


“This is Molly and Gus’ business. It has only been open a few weeks.”


“It is nice to see you, Justin.” She tried taking his arm but he stepped aside.  


Tina walked back into the bar and scanned the room for Brinn.  She spotted, Dan, Brian’s friend, watching her as well as a very attractive black man and a good looking redhead.   One thing was always true with Brian and Justin. There were always good looking men around. She then found Brinn. She crossed the room toward the group of girls. Brinn was going from one friend to another, giving them all some time.


“Happy Birthday, Tia Brinn.”


As Brinn turned, she saw her mother and ran into her arms.  “Mom, you came! I am so glad you came to my party. You are here just in time for the show.  I think Gus is going to sing a song or two and Tyler, too. Will you please sit at my table?”


“Of course,  I will.” They sat down and as Gus got ready to sing, Tina asked, “Tia, who is Tyler?”


“Tyler is married to Aunt Molly.  They eloped a few months ago. We all love him.”


“Brinny, I hope you know how much I love you. And this song is just for you.”  He positioned the mic and started strumming his guitar.


♪When you're down and troubled

And you need some love and care

And nothing, nothing is going right

Close your eyes and think of me

And soon I will be there

To brighten up even your darkest night


You just call out my name

And you know wherever I am

I'll come running, to see you again

Winter, spring, summer or fall

All you have to do is call

And I'll be there

You've got a friend


“Brinny,”

If the sky above you

Grows dark and full of clouds

And that old north wind begins to blow

Keep your head together

And call my name out loud

Soon you'll hear me knocking at your door


You just call out my name

And you know wherever I am

I'll come running, running, yeah, yeah, to see you again

Winter, spring, summer or fall

All you have to do is call

And I'll be there, yes, I will


Now, ain't it good to know that you've got a friend

When people can be so cold?♪


Gus stared at Tina.


♪They'll hurt you, yes, and desert you

And take your soul if you let them, oh, but don't you let them♪


As Gus turned toward Brinn again Tyler joined him in harmony.


♪You just call out my name

And you know wherever I am

I'll come running, running, yeah, yeah, to see you again

Winter, spring, summer or fall

All you have to do is call

And I'll be there, yes, I will

You've got a friend

You've got a friend

Ain't it good to know you've got a friend?

Ain't it good to know, ain't it good to know, ain't it good to know

You've got a friend?

Oh yeah now, you've got a friend

Yeah baby, you've got a friend

Oh yeah, you've got a friend♪

(You’ve Got a Friend by Carole King)


Gus walked over and kissed Brinn.  All her little friends behind her tittered at her handsome brother.  “I loved that, Gussy, and I love you.”


“Gus, you are quite talented.  I hear you are about to get married,” Tina smiled at him.


“Thank you.  I have to get ready to play for Dad now.”  Gus went back up on stage. Shelby walked over to Gus and said something to her before he kissed her.


“That must be Gus’ fiance?” Tina asked Brinn.


“Yes, that’s Shelby.  She’s my teacher and soon she’s going to be a mommy, too.”  Tina’s eyebrows went up at the knowledge.


Then Gus began to strum his guitar.  Justin walked up and took the mic. “Brinny, 10 years ago you were born and I was so scared.  I didn’t know if I could raise a little girl. Your dad and I have worried over you and cried over you.  We love you with all our hearts and can’t watch you will be here as you continue to grow.


Gus began to play a little louder and Tyler joined in on his keyboard.


♪Gotta hold on easy as I let you go

Going to tell you how much I love you

Though you think you already know

I remember I thought you looked like an angel

Wrapped in pink, so soft and warm

You've had me wrapped around your finger

Since the day you were born


You're beautiful baby, from the outside in

Chase your dreams but always know

The road that will lead you home again

Go on, take on this old world but to me

You know you'll always be my little girl


When you were in trouble that crooked little smile

Could melt my heart of stone

Now look at you

I turned around and you've almost grown

Sometimes when you're asleep

I whisper I love you in the moonlight at your door

As I walk away, I hear you say

Daddy love you more♪


Justin’s voice quivered as he continued,


♪You're beautiful baby, from the outside in

Chase your dreams but always know

The road that will lead you home again

Go on, take on this old world but to me

You know you'll always be my little girl♪


Justin walked over and took Brinn’s hand, leading her to the stage.


♪Someday some boy will come and ask me for your hand

But I won't say yes to him

Unless I know he's the half that makes you whole

He has a poet's soul and the heart of a man's man

I know he'll say that he's in love

But between you and me, he won't be good enough


You're beautiful baby, from the outside in

Chase your dreams but always know

The road that will lead you home again

Go on, take on this old world but to me

You know you'll always be my little girl♪

(My Little Girl- Songwriters: Tim Mcgraw / Tom Douglas)


He picked Brinn up and hugged her tight. “I love you, Baby girl.”


“I love you too, Daddy.”


There were sniffles throughout the room.  Brian walked up and hugged both of them. “I think it is time for gifts.” They had specified  in the invitations to the girls that gifts should be homemade so no one felt like they had to spend money on her. She loved the pictures and bracelets her friends gave her.  She even got some cookies and hand made soap.


Molly and Tyler and Jenn had bought her some new clothes and other small things.  There was a variety of other gifts from guest and then Tina pulled out a small box and an envelope.  “Tia, I have a little something for you.”


Brian and Justin had moved in close to see what Tina had handed her. Brinn opened the card and read, ‘Dear Tia Brinn,  I hope we can build a real mother daughter relationship.’ Brinn unwrapped the box and opened it slowly. Inside was a pair of earrings that were at least one carat.


Brinn squealed.  “Oh, they are pretty, Mom.”


Justin stepped in.  “Yes, they are beautiful.”


“Why don’t we put them on?” Tina asked.


“Why don’t I hold onto them for you, Brinn.  I think they are a little fancy for this birthday party.” He looked at Tina and just rolled his eyes.  They probably had cost her over $500. She had no concept of 10 year olds.


Gus and Shelby came up next and each of them held a small box.  Shelby handed Brinn her gift first. Brinn opened it and found a delicate, white gold heart necklace.  Tina watched as Brinn hugged her. “Will you put it on me, Shelby?”


“Sure, Brinn.  I am hoping you will wear this at my wedding.”


“Oh yes, it is so pretty.”  Justin watched Tina and could tell she wasn’t enjoying this.


“Miss Thing, I have a little something, too.”  He handed her the box. Inside was a bracelet with multi color strands of leather attached to  engraved silver. It said, ‘Though you are little, You are fierce’ on the back it said, ‘Always be fierce, Brinn! All my love, Gus.’


“Oh, Gus, I love it.  It has Shakespeare on it.”


“Yes, do you know what it means?”


“It means I can be strong and do a lot of things even though I am still young.”  


“Oh, Brinny, you can do anything.  You are strong and beautiful with an amazing heart and mind. I love you so much.” They hugged for a long time.


“I love you, too, Gussy.”


Brian walked up behind Tina and put a hand on her shoulder.  Bringing his mouth very close to her ear, he said, “That’s what family looks like.”  He felt her bristle. “Brinn has a family she is very happy with.”


Now that all the gifts were opened except for the gifts from her dads.  Together they handed her a card and another small box. She opened the card and there was a picture in it.  “Dads, this is a 3D printer. Did you get me a 3D printer?”


“Yes,” Brian said, “Shelby assured me you could use this.”


“Oh, yes.  I will be able to do a lot with it.”


“And we have one other thing for you.”  Justin handed her a little box. She opened it and inside was another set of earrings but these were perfect for a 10 year old.  They were simple with a small diamond in each.


“Oh, Daddy, I will wear them all the time.” Brinn held on tight to both of them.


The music began again while people visited and ate cake.  Soon the girls started saying goodbye. Brinn made she gave each of them time. Although this was the end of the official party, they opened the doors to the public and Gus and Tyler began to sing as the business was officially open.  It was a place that was always child friendly so it wasn’t unusual for couples to come in with a child. Tonight there was cake for everyone.


Tina and Brinn sat in a back corner and talked but Tina was well aware someone was always in earshot.  Either Dan or the good looking redhead were nearby or Brian and Justin were loitering near them. Tina tried to act like they weren’t there. At one point Brian and Justin were out on the dance floor and she realized that the redhead was with Dan.  They were still watching but they were also kissing half the time. She figured they were distracted enough to get some information from her. “So Brinn that was a nice party. It is too bad we have to stay here in the noise and can’t spend some time alone.”  


“That’s Ok.  I can hear you and I like listening to Gus and Tyler.  Don’t you think they are good?”


“Yes, they are very talented,” she had to admit.  “Who is the man with Dan? I haven’t met him before.”


“That’s Dan’s boyfriend, Marcus.  He and Daddy went on a boys weekend when Dad and I were in Colorado.”


Tina’s ears perked up.  Any dirt she could find out could be used later.  “What did they do on their weekend away?”


“I don’t know.  No one told me but,” she giggled, “I know Dad was really glad when he came home and he said something about his turn to kiss him.  He must have seen Daddy kiss Marcus, but I don’t know how he could have seen that since Daddy came home late at night.”


So those two were still playing sex games.  That could be very handy to know. “Do Dan and Marcus and your dads spend a lot of time together?  Do they have private parties?”


Brinn looked at her quizzically.  “Dan is Dad’s best friend besides Daddy so they do spend time together.  And now that Marcus’ mom knows he likes men, they can be seen in public.” Tina made a mental note about this, too.


“Brinn, would you mind showing me where the bathroom is?”


“Sure,” she stood and offered her hand to her mother. Tina took it and Brinn headed to the back with her.  Justin saw them walk but could see Brinn stand outside the door while Tina was inside.


When Tina came back out she looked at the staircase that went upstairs. “What’s up there?”


“That’s where Aunt Molly lives.  It’s really nice. Do you want to see it? She won’t care if I show you.”


“I would love to.” They took a couple steps and just as they were on the first step strong arms came around Brinn and swooped her up.


“Miss Brinn, you haven’t had a birthday dance with me yet.  May I have the pleasure.” Marcus asked as he held her.


Brinn giggled, “Sure, Marcus.”  And Tina was left alone at the end of the hall.  They really weren’t going to make it easy for her to have time with her daughter.


She came back to the table and sat down. “Hi, we haven’t actually met.  I am Shelby, Gus’ fiance.” Shelby gave her a warm smile and offered her hand.  “May I sit?” She put a hand on her stomach, “I go from having more energy than I know what to do with to being dead on my feet.”  Without realizing it she made a purring noise when she looked at Gus, “God, I love that man.”


Tina smiled at her, “Need for sex on overdrive?”


“Oh, yes. I can’t get enough.”


“When I was pregnant with Brinn, I wanted sex all the time.  Of course, I never got it again from Justin but John did nicely.”


Shelby’s mouth dropped open.  “You were with John while you were pregnant with Brinn?”


“Well, Tony and John were both spreading their wings.  They were young and unsure. It was such a waste for women when they got together.  They are both such amazing men.”


“I will agree with you there.  Face it, when that family is all together, I can barely breathe sometimes from the gorgeousness, not that I would ever cheat on Gus.”


“One of the best things about that family is they have their own rules about cheating.  I think it is still done frequently, although I am not sure it is cheating if you get permission.” Tina glanced over to where Justin and Marcus stood by the bar each getting a glass of wine. Brinn was now talking to her grandmother.  From opposite sides of the room and Dan and Brian saw them and both made a beeline to their significant others. “This could get good,” she said with an evil grin playing on her lips. Shelby followed her gaze. She didn’t like this. She hadn’t liked it when it occurred.  Tina saw Shelby’s reaction. “So something good did go on! Do you know any details?”


Shelby pulled herself back together.  “Details? I just know that Brian took Brinn to Colorado and Dan was out of town so Justin and Marcus took a couple days to get to know each other better since their partners are such good friends. Do you think something else could have happened?” Shelby asked, hoping to get her to say what she was thinking.


“I don’t know Marcus, but I know Justin wouldn’t spend a weekend with a gorgeous man without doing something.”  Marcus’ hand went to Justin’s elbow and he was talking to him near his ear when Dan and Brian arrived.


“Brian and Justin are very committed,” she said not able to stop watching the four men at the bar. It was obvious that Dan and Brian were doing a little posturing.


“Oh, I know they will never split, but that doesn’t mean they are monogamous.”  Shelby shivered at the tone of Tina’s voice.



Brian’s arms went around Justin’s shoulders and pulled him tightly against him. “Hey, Sunshine.” He bit Justin’s ear causing just enough pain for him to moan. His hand slipped behind him and grabbed Brian’s crotch causing him to take a sharp intake of breath. Dan turned Marcus to him and kissed him deeply and Marcus’ arms went around his neck, taking the kiss even deeper as he ground against his pelvis with his own.


Justin turned into Brian’s arms.  Softly he said, “You are being silly.  I like Marcus. He is our friend. I love you and can’t wait to feel you so deep inside me I can taste you.”



“Those men do know how to kiss. God, I could use a man right now?”  Tina was getting a little tipsy now. Do you know of any single guys around here?  Hell, I would take a woman right now.” Shelby thought she should get this woman headed to wherever she was sleeping for the night.


“Hey, Tina, where are you staying tonight?”


“This dumpy little town doesn’t have many options. I’m just up the street.”


“Why don’t I call the hotel car to come pick you up. I think your trip has gotten you tired,” not to mention the two bottles of wine you drank.


“I need to talk to my daughter and make plans for tomorrow.”


Shelby felt sorry for Brinn, “I’ll send Brinn over and then have Justin come over while I call the hotel.”


Gus saw Shelby talk to Brinn and then Justin before heading toward his office. He watched her slightly wider hips move and knew he was following her in there. When he approached the door he saw she was on the phone.  He shut the door and walked into his office. He went to use the bathroom while she finished her call. As soon as she hung he said, “Do you have any idea why there are dirty towels on the floor in here?” He picked them up and they had a faint smell of sex.


“I have no idea.  I was with you this week, remember?”  


As he walked back into the office from the bathroom he saw a residue on the front of his desk. “Oh, gross!  I mean I clean up after myself or we do. My dads obviously used my office for an encounter. Ok, Pops fucked the hell out of Dad.”


“Are you sure?”  


“Yes, there is dry sperm on the front of my desk and my desk has been moved a few inches.  I wonder how bad Dad hurt after this one.”


“Gus that is really more than I want to think about when it comes to my future inlaws. Why did you follow me in here anyway, or did you just have to empty your bladder?”


“Actually, I wanted to check if your bar was open,” Gus started to unbutton her blouse and pulled it off her shoulders but left her arms caught in the sleeves so she had restrictive movement. He was glad when he saw she had a front clasp bra on and soon her breasts were free. “I wondered if the snack bar was open yet and if it isn’t I thought you might as well start getting used to it.” Gus took one of her nipples in his mouth and sucked as he laid her down on the couch. He followed her down and kneeled next to her and continued to suckle. She was nearly at her wits end.  She was nearly crazy with need when he stopped and switched to the second. He knew she wanted him to touch her but his hand just rested on their baby as he continued his ‘feast’. When she was nearly crazy with need he stood up. “We better get back and help clean up. Well, first I better clean up in here.”


“Gus, you aren’t letting me just ….” She stopped talking when she realized he was just going to make her wait.



Brinn walked up to Tina.  She knew what drunk looked like.  “Hi Mom, do we need to get you a ride to your hotel?  Sorry, I left you but I needed to talk to my grandma for a while.  She doesn’t come every day.”


“When can I see you tomorrow?”  Tina asked with a little slur.


“Brinny, why don’t you give your mom a hug and see if Molly could use a little help cleaning up glasses from the tables.  I will set up a time for you to spend a little time with your mom tomorrow before she flies back home.”


“I don’t have to go home tomorr….”


The look Justin gave her stopped her cold.  Brinn kissed her and then ran off. “I didn’t say you could see her tomorrow,” he said under his breath.


She whined, “But I flew all the way over here to see her, to see my daughter.” She started standing up but had to grab onto the table.


“Give me your phone.” Justin ordered.  He set the alarm on it “When this alarm goes off, call me.  I will see if you can have an hour with her. Maybe you can meet at the public library.”


“No, she can come to my hotel room.”


“No she can not.  I would say the lobby of your hotel and the diner, You can have lunch with her, if she wants to have lunch with you.  We have family plans all afternoon and evening.”


Tears came to her eyes.  “But, Justin, please, I love her.”


“In your own warped way I think you do but you really don’t know how to love.  Don’t you have two children you are supposed to be raising?”


Now the tears flowed.  “I have no one. He took my kids when he dumped me.  I can only see them every two weeks, for a couple hours, with a court ordered guardian.  What did you do this time, Tina?” Justin saw a car pull up and he walked Tina over to the door.  “Call me when the alarm goes off tomorrow, Tina.” He wasn’t sure why but he kissed her gently and he shut the car door.  He felt Brian’s arms come around him.


“You know I will deal with her if you don’t want to.”


“No, but do you think Dan or Tyler can see what she’s been up to? I will explain later but I want to catch one of them before we leave.”



When Shelby and Gus returned, Tina had gone.  Brinn was snuggled on Jenn’s lap and they were talking  softly. Tyler and Dan were having what looked like a very serious conversation.  Gus walked up to Jenn and Brinn and kissed them both. “What is going on over there?”  Gus saw Jenn glance down at Brinn, and he nodded slightly. “Well, we will be leaving soon but I need to scold my fathers first.”


“What did they do this time?”


“Grandma Jenn, I really don’t think you want to know.  Are you going to be able to come back for the wedding in four weeks?”


“I hope so.  Tuck should be able to come for the remainder of the week too.”


“You know, Jenn,” Shelby said, “You could make it a mini vacation and stay at our place.  We won’t be there.”


“Now that is an offer I might take you up on,” Jenn smiled.  “Tuck sometimes feels a little awkward. He isn’t unsociable but this family is never quiet. He likes a little space.”


“Then, please, use our master.  Use the hot tub. Show Tuck how sexy California is.”


“Gus! I am your grandmother.”  Jenn smiled at him.


Gus glanced over and saw Dan and Marcus heading for the door.  They each had a hand on the others ass. Before they were out the door they were kissing.  “I’ll be right back,” Gus kissed her again and brushed against her chest again making her shiver.  Gus walked over to his dads who were talking and kissing in between. “All right you two, who said you could have sex in my office.  And if you had to, couldn’t you clean up after yourselves?”


“We cleaned ourselves up.” Brian said.


“But you didn’t clean up my desk.  It was disgusting!”


“I actually can still feel that episode,” Justin leaned over and ran his hand down the front of Brian’s jeans. “And I really would like to feel it soon.”


“Don’t you two realize that a couple that has been together more than 20 years should not be acting like this anymore?”


“I have a feeling in 20 years you will feel the same way about Shelby.”


“I think you’re right, Pops, I hope so anyway.” He kissed both his dads.  “I am really glad you two do still love each other. What were you talking to the guys about?”


“Tina,” Justin said.  They are checking a couple things out for me and I think Brinn will be spending a couple hours with Tina tomorrow but around 3:00 everyone will meet at our house and talk wedding plans.”


“Why don’t we meet at our place.  I know Shelby has a lot of show and tell and it will just be easier at our place.”


“Ok, Gus, but we will take care of the food.  I am just going to order in a Chinese buffet.”


“Dad, if you need someone to take Brinn I will take her.”


“No, that’s alright.  Tyler said he would chaperone this time.”  Gus didn’t know why Justin was smiling like he was until he felt Shelby’s arms come around his waist.   “I think someone would like to go home.”


Gus turned and pulled her in front of him.  He made sure when he draped his arms around her that his arms rubbed her nipples. “Thanks for the lovely party.” Shelby said as she hugged Justin and kissed him and after the briefest hesitation she hugged Brian and kissed him, too.


“Oh, Shelly, we are hosting everyone tomorrow.  That’s alright isn’t it?”


“No, that is fine but right now, can we go home?” She turned and kissed him, laying her head on his chest. “I’m really tired.”  


“You stay here by my dads, I’ll get our jackets.” He passed her toward them and Brian opened his arms and pulled her close. He kissed her head as she relaxed against him.  


As Gus approached Brian brought his lips to her ear and said, “I love you, Shelby.  Thanks for making our son so happy.”


As Gus helped her on with her jacket, he saw the tears streaming down her cheeks.  “Shelly, what is it?”


“Brian told me….” she was now almost sobbing, “he loved me.”


“Oh, honey, of course Pops loves you. You are really tired.”  He picked her up and carried her out the door.


Justin looked from Gus and Shelby to Brinn and Jen.  “We are so lucky. If we go home now, I promise you’ll get lucky soon.”


“Brinn, Jenn, time to go home.” Brian said quickly.  “Let’s grab your jackets and head for the vineyard.”



Most of the way home Gus had his hand between Shelby’s legs and gently rubbed his finger up and down the seam of the jeans.  If he thought she was getting too close to cumming he backed off for a few miles. By the time they arrived home, they were both on the verge.  They made it into the house and Gus pulled off her jacket and then his own. Soon her blouse was on the counter and then Gus’s henley. He wasn’t sure how it happened but her bra ended up around his neck and his mouth was again on her breasts.  They headed to the steps but before either realized it they were laying on the steps. Gus slithered up under Shelby’s skirt and tugged down her panty. Once they were out of the way, Gus slid under the skirt again. Gus’ tongue and lips went to work and within minutes Shelby came violently. Gus lapped up her juices as she trembled.  When she was able to stand they both went up the stairs the remainder of the way. They shed the rest of their clothes and dropped on the bed. Gus again started on Shelby’s breasts but she stopped him.


“Sorry but it is my turn,” She slid down his body and took him into her mouth and the blessed torment began again.



Brian and Justin finally crawled in bed after bringing in Brinn and her gifts.   They undressed and slid in bed. “I hope you were joking when you told Gus you were ready for a repeat of the other night.”


“Yes, I was.” Justin slid up against Brian so their  cocks did a dance of their own. “I do want you buried so deep inside me that I can ….” Brian cut him off with a kiss and they continued to rub against each other. Brian rolled Justin onto his back.  He grabbed lube and generously used it. He stroked his bud over and over until Justin was almost incoherent. He then added pressure and slid in first one finger, then two, and finally a third. Justin was whimpering by then.  


“Baby, please, I need ….oh, god, PLEASE.”


Brian put one of Justin’s legs over his shoulder and put the other one of to the side, spreading them as far apart as he could comfortably do so.  This left Brian a clear view of Justin’s ass as he moved in. He began thrusting in with force, knowing Justin wanted to feel him. He held onto Justin’s throbbing cock as he himself went higher and higher and then he spilled himself into Justin but didn’t allow him to cum yet.  


“I know you want it deep so,” he pulled out their large set of beads and one by one started sliding them in. He added lube making sure they would slide in easily until the size and depth was at its max. Justin was trembling to keep control.  “There is one more, Sunshine. Do you…”

“Yes, oh yes.” Brian added pressure and the last one popped into place.”  He turned them on low vibrate and brought his mouth to Justin’s leaking cock.  Brian took him in his mouth and stroked his peraneim. Just as he was ready to cum Brian tapped the switch and the vibration went on high. Justin exploded and cried out as his entire body spasmed.


Brian turned off the vibration and was about to remove the beads when Justin stopped him. “Please leave them for a while.”


“Sunshine,are you sure?”


“Yes, please.”


Brian laid down next to him and pulled him close. Justin curled into him and laid his head on Brian’s chest and fell into a deep sleep.  Brian laid there listening to Justin breath and prayed he could always find something that kept him interested. There was nothing more important to him than Justin’s happiness.  Brian could see the strain Tina was having on him. If that woman did anything to hurt any of his family, she would pay.


In the middle of the night Brian heard Justin mumbling in his sleep. His back was to Brian and he was trembling. Brian realized he was probably dreaming and he was sure it was because of the stress of Tina being here.   Brian thought for a second and then he reached down and pulled on the string of beads, still deep inside Justin. Justin stopped mumbling. Brian pulled it hard enough to pull out the first bead. Now Justin moaned in response. Brian reached around and stroked Justin’s cock and he kissed his shoulder.  He then repeated this another 4 more times. By the time the fifth bead was out Justin’s breath was coming quickly.


“Oh, Baby…”  Baby was a long drawn out effort.  “I need you. I’m scared,” he said softly.  Brian took out the last bead and with no effort entered him.


“I am here always, Sunshine.  I will do everything I can to keep you and our family safe.”  Brian held onto him as tightly as he could and together they gently climaxed at exactly the same time.  Justin turned and clung to Brian and Brian crushed his lips possessively. All fear evaporated for the time being.



Everybody’s routines went back to normal up until Christmas.  Gus woke up and got ready and then sat with Shelby until she stopped throwing up each morning.  The doctor said the baby would be here around July 20th and Shelby was counting the days for morning sickness to stop.  She felt grateful that Brinn would go to the classroom and start without her on the days she was really having difficulty.  Brian had hired someone to help around the house so one day a week she would clean at Gus and Shelby’s house and the other four days she would clean the main house and make some meals for them.  This freed Justin up to work on Gus and Shelby’s wedding gift. He hadn’t done a sculpture in a long time but their home had inspired him. He was spending at least eight hours a day out there.


Some nights Brian made dinner and would sit with Brinn until it was time for her to go to bed. If Justin hadn’t returned to the house by that time he would go get him. He understood Justin was working through Gus’ wedding and Brinn’s reconnection with Tina.  He wasn’t really worried. He just missed time with him.


Weekends at Wine and Design was a big success.  They had a couple small holiday parties during the week and on weekends the place was buzzing.  Tyler and Gus were becoming quite popular but they also had hired another local group to play. They were both busy with their jobs and the upcoming wedding.  They were closing the place before Christmas and it would stay that way until after the first of the year. Molly balked a little knowing they would be losing some good profit but Tyler assured her they could afford it.  


Tyler was taking his first trip right after the first of the year. He would be going to North Carolina on protection detail and then he would meet with the agent looking for his daughter.  He wished it wasn’t the same time as Gus and Shelby’s honeymoon. He didn’t want Molly to be but he was sure if she wanted to she could stay at the vineyard. And he knew Dan and Marcus were available, too, if she needed anything.


On Christmas Eve, Shelby and Gus were spending the evening starting their own traditions.  Shelby made a fancy meal and was waiting for Gus to come home. She knew he had to finish a project before he took the next 3 weeks off but she was really missing her family.  She knew she would see them next week and she wanted to be with Gus but… damn, these pregnancy emotions. She sat down on the sofa and cried.



Brian and Brinn were making dinner.  Justin had promised to be in the house by dinner.  “Dad, is Daddy alright? He has been so busy lately.  I hardly get to see him. Is there something I should know?” She put her hand on Brian’s forearm and looked up at him.


“Oh, Brinny,” Brian picked her up and set her on the counter and hugged her.  “You know your daddy sometimes needs a little space just to think and I think with your brother getting married and you turning 10” and, he wanted to add, your mother coming back, “has just gotten him thinking.  He is worried you are just all growing up too fast and on top of that I have a feeling he has been making gifts for Christmas and I know he is working on a wedding gift.”


“Can I go out and talk to him?  Maybe I can tell him dinner is almost ready.”


“Sure, Sweetie.  That’s a great idea.  Tell him dinner and gifts are in half an hour.”


“I wish Gus and Shelby were coming.”


“I know, but they want to have Christmas Eve in their new house.  They will be here along with Molly, Tyler, and Paul tomorrow.”


“Oh, Daddy.” She hugged Brian’s neck as he lifted her down. “I love Christmas.”


“I do too, Brinny. Now, put your jacket on before going outside and when you come back with your daddy, Christmas will begin. Oh, and knock before walking in.  You know there are presents out there.”


Brinn grabbed her jacket and ran out to the studio.  She knocked on the door. “Daddy, may I come in? It’s chilly out here.”

“Just one second.” She heard some shuffling and then, “Come in.”


“Daddy, are you about done?  Dinner is almost ready and I haven’t seen you in DAYS!” Justin swooped Brinn up. “I am sorry, Brinny.  I just finished and other than a little wrapping tomorrow I should be done in here until after the wedding.”  He kissed her and held onto her a little too tight.


“Dad said you are worried about me growing up and about Gus getting married.”


“I am afraid I have been thinking a little too hard and when I do that I start working on art and you know what it is like.”


“I do, Daddy.  You forget all about the world.”


“Well, yes, but I think about you and Gus and Shelby.”


“And Dad?”


“Oh, yes, I always think about your dad. I am sorry.  So did your dad make dinner?”


“He did.  I worry about him when you don’t pay attention to him. He gets lonely without you.”


“Well, let’s lock this place up and go to the house.  Will you help me wrap tomorrow morning?”


“Of course I will.” She hugged him tight.  As they walked hand in hand they heard a vehicle.  They saw Gus’ pickup heading to Shelby.


Justin picked Brinn up, “I’m glad he is getting home. I will miss him tonight but he and Shelby have to start their own traditions and maybe you and me and dad can start a new one ourselves.”  


“Daddy, make sure you give Dad a big kiss when you get in the house.  He needs one.”


“Do you promise not to watch?”


She giggled, “I promise.”


He set her down and they walked in.  Brian had set the table and lit candles. Brinn pushed Justin toward Brian and she walked away to hang up her coat.  Justin walked up to Brian and nearly climbed up his body until he pressed himself against Brian. He brought his lips up to Brian’s and they melded into each other. The kiss was long and leisurely.  


“You good?” Brian asked him when they separated.


“I am great,  Thanks for being patient with me.”


“After 20 years I think I know how you work.  I wasn’t worried about you. I just missed you the last couple weeks.  We better stop or Brinn will get upset.”


Justin kissed him again.  “This was her directive. We needed to kiss a while.”


“I love that girl.”


“Dads can we eat now?  I am hungry and it smells so good.”


Brian picked her up and kissed her.  “We sure can. Why don’t you grab the rolls and your Daddy can grab the wine.”


As they all their stress disappeared. Brian could tell Justin had worked out his demons and Brinn, although she had talked to Tina twice since the party, seemed happy about reconnecting and didn’t seem to need more right now.  Gus had made it home and everything was right in the Taylor-Kinney household.



Gus arrived home later than he had planned. He had cleaned up at the office and even dressed up in a white button down and khakis.  This was a special night for them. When he walked into the house he smelled smoke. He rushed to the kitchen and saw smoke coming out of the oven.  He opened it up and pulled out a cremated carcass. “SHELBY! Shel…” He ran to the bedroom but she wasn’t there. He then thought he heard something.


“Gus?”  He heard from downstairs.  As he headed back downstairs, a sleepy Shelby walked into view from the living room.  “Oh, shit! What did I do?” She walked over to her ruined dinner and burst into tears.  “I’m so sorry! I wanted tonight to be perfect and I fell asleep…” She went into full mode sobbing.


By now Gus had taken her into his arms and was kissing her forehead, her temple, her cheek, and finally her mouth.  “Who the hell cares about the dinner. I was so scared. Shelly, you are Ok and that is all that matters.” She dropped her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arms around him. “I am so sorry I was late.”  He reached over and picked up the bouquet he had brought her. “These are for you.”


Shelby had to smile, “They are beautiful.  I am the one that screwed up. I just had to have a cry and then fell asleep.”


“Cry?  What’s wrong? Did you hurt?”


“No, Gussy.  I am just pregnant and I was thinking about my family and our family and I it made me cry.”


Gus looked at dinner and softly said, “Since we are not on a time table for dinner now, do you think you can wait another half hour?” His hand slid over her curvy ass as his mouth went to her neck.


“I am sure I…” his hand slipped up under her sweater and began to stroke her breast. “Yes, yes I can wait for food.”


A half hour later they lay on a blanket and wrapped up in another one in front of the fireplace in the living room.  Gus stood up. “Where are you going?”


“I will be right back.” Gus ran to the kitchen and returned immediately with a small package in his hand.  “I wanted to give you this tonight. It is just a little something I made for you.”


Shelby opened the gift and pulled out a boomerang.  She smiled, “I have never tried one of these before.  I have to admit this is unique. It is very well made and the wood is really beautiful.”


“Honey, what do you know about a boomerang?”


“You throw it and it comes back.”


He took her chin and looked deep into her eyes.  “This boomerang is me. No matter where I have to go, I will always return home and home isn’t this building. Home is where you are and I will always come back to you.”


“Oh, Gus,” tears began to roll again and once more their lips met and lingered.  “I love you so much. I didn’t think we were getting gifts. I mean with the wedding and everything…”


“Don’t you know you have my best gift ever growing deep inside you?” He pulled the blanket up around her.  “How about tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner?”


“That sounds perfect!  And we still have pie for dessert.  I didn’t burn that.”



Brian and Justin ended up on the couch with Brinn.  Justin was leaning against Brian with his feet up and Brinn was sitting between his legs and leaning against his torso.  They were watching ‘Home Alone’. It had been a tradition since Gus was little and they all laughed every time they watched it.  Brian’s arms were wrapped tightly around Justin’s chest. As the movie finished they started watching ‘White Christmas’. Brinn had moved up onto Justin’s lap, snuggling on his chest as she dozed. Justin turned his head so he could kiss Brian. He mouthed, “I love you,” and turned to watch the show.  Brian’s arms tightened his arms as he buried his face in Justin’s hair. When he lifted his head he noticed something.


“Look,” he said softly.


Justin looked out the window and just like in the movie, it was snowing. “Brinny, Sweetheart.”


Brinn moved, “Ok, I will go to bed.”


“No, look outside.” Brinn jumped off his lap and ran to the window.


“Oh, can I go outside? Please!”


“Go get your warm coat.”  


Brian’s phone rang and it was Gus.  “Hey Pops, is Brinn still up?”


“Oh, yes.  She is heading out to walk in the snow.”


“Why don’t you all walk down here.  Shelby is making some hot cider. I am sure I have something to add to ours.”  Justin was nodding. “Shelby made homemade apple pie.”


“Your dad says, yes. We will be there shortly.”


They strolled down the drive to Shelby and Gus’ house.  Although it was snowing it was mild out so it was fun to be out there.  Brinn walked with her face to the snow with her mouth wide open to catch the flakes.  Brian pulled Justin close and stopped for a second to kiss him. “Life doesn’t get better than this.”


Justin walked with both his arms around Brian’s waist.  He finally let go with one arm so they could make progress since they were stopping to kiss every other step.  Eventually they made it to the house. Brinn was already carrying a mug when they walked in. Justin hugged and kissed Gus, “This is a great idea and the snow is an added bonus.”


“It is, Dad.”  Justin walked on to Shelby and Brian held on to Gus longer than normal.  


“By next Christmas you will be a dad.  I just….” Brian took a step back. Gus could see how Brian’s eyes were glistening.


Justin hugged Shelby and laid his hand on her stomach. “You don’t mind if I do this, do you?  I just can’t wait to meet this little one.”


“Justin, of course you can.” She kissed his cheek.  “You and Brian are a part of this baby, too.” Now it was Justin’s turn to tear up. Softly he said, “I have always felt like I am.”


Gus made the drinks for the men, adding bourbon to the cider.  They sat around the fire and soon Brinn had finished her drink and this time was on Gus’ lap, nodding off.  “Why don’t you let her sleep here tonight?” Shelby said. “Kiss her goodnight and I will find her something to wear. Brinn barely had her eyes open when she kissed both her dads and let Shelby lead her to the steps.


Brian and Justin were snuggled on the couch and soon Shelby was back down.  “She is sound asleep. Even though she was still excited as soon as she put on one of Gus’ long sleeve T shirt and was out as soon as I covered her up.”  She sat down on Gus’ lap and pulled a blanket up over her. It was obvious Gus put his hand on her stomach but soon his hand was roaming up and down her body and finally his hand had stopped below her waistband.  


Brian and Justin continued to talk with Gus.  They were reminiscing about Christmases in the past but soon Shelby’s breathing wasn’t as steady.  “Well if you get to play,” Brian’s hand went from Justin’s chest to his crotch.


Justin got up.  “Let’s go home to our empty house instead. I am not going to let you grope me in front of my daughter in law.”


Brian stood and pulled him close to kiss him.  “I don’t think she is seeing anything right now but you are right. Gus, thanks for inviting us but now we will let you have some privacy.” Brian smiled at Gus and Shelby. “See you late tomorrow morning?”


“Sure, I’ll have Brinn call you in the morning to see what she will do.”   Shelby sighed loudly. Brian and Justin knew Shelby was as relaxed as someone who just had a full body massage so whatever he was doing under that blanket was working.   Brian and Justin told Gus to stay where he was as they slipped on their jackets and walked out the door.


The door had barely closed before Gus took his hand from under the blanket.  “Do you want a taste? You always taste delicious.” He put his fingers into his mouth.  He stood taking her with him.


“Let me walk, Gussy.”


“I want all of you, Shelly.  God, that taste wasn’t nearly enough. They rushed upstairs and by the time the door closed Shelby’s pants were off and she was laying on her back while Gus buried his face as deep as he could get it into her.  Gus’ tongue and lips were enjoying the feast. He then slid up her body and stopped at her breasts. After a quick stroke of his tongue on each nipple his mouth came down on hers. She could taste herself. As she realized it his tongue dove into her mouth as he entered her.  She cried out as Gus pinched her nipples tightly and she cried out but he wasn’t done. He sat up and sat her on his erection facing away from him. He gently bit her shoulder as his hands continued to torment her. She could barely stay where she was and she began to bounce on his lap, trying to get him to stop his ministrations but she cried out again and this time Gus joined her and together they collapsed on the bed.  


“Merry Christmas, Honey.  It just turned midnight. A week  from now…”


“I will be your wife and,” she cradled her stomach and your child will have your name.”


Gus was still inside her as they drifted off into a blissful rest.



Brian and Justin walked toward their house.  Justin clung to Brian’s arm. “You know what this reminds me of?”


“Looking for a place to fuck?” Brian stopped walking and guided Justin to one of the cottages.  His cold hand slid down Justin’s pants and he cried out as the cold fingers wrapped around Justin’s cock and pushed him backward so he was pressed against the wall. His hand continued to rub him while his mouth crushed Justin’s.  Brian untied his own fly and then did Justin’s,
“Damn, I don’t have any lube.”


Justin moved so Brian was now pressed against the wall and he dropped to his knees and took Brian deep in his throat.  Justin soon had Brian filling his throat with warm creamy elixir. Justin stood up and as he did he tied Brian’s fly. He then brought his mouth to Brian’s and thrust his tongue deep in his throat.  “You don’t know how good you taste.”


“No but I know you are as addictive as cocaine and I am so glad you are.”


Justin shivered, “Let’s go home where I know we have several bottles of lube.”  Brian growled and together they jogged to the house.



Justin slipped out of bed  in the morning and made a carafe of coffee and warmed some rolls the housekeeper had made.  There was some fresh fruit he put in a bowl and then slipped back into the room with the tray of food.  He had covered everything so it would stay warm or cold. Brian was stretched out on his back and for a split second Justin thought back to the night Justin had left Brian for New York to see if he had what it took to be an artist. He thought he knew everything there was to know about him back then but now he knew him so much more completely.  He loved every inch of the long, lean body. He straddled Brian and began to massage his neck and shoulders. He felt the muscles under his hands warm and relax. He wasn’t sure what time Brinn would come back but he wanted a little time alone with his lover, his husband, his heart.


It was obvious that Brian was awake and as Justin worked his lower back, Brian groaned.  Justin knew what spot was his weakness and he worked it until he felt the knot release and felt Brian relax again. He let his hands run over Brian’s ass and gently drug his nails down it and then he let his tongue follow  down the center. Brian sighed, “Sunshine, you are too good to me.”


“Actually, it is all my pleasure.”


“Oh, trust me,I have pleasure.”  Justin’s finger began working on his prostate and Brian shivered.  Brian felt Justin adjust and slipped into Brian slowly, eliminating as much pain as he could.  As he began to move, Brian began thrusting to meet him and then cried out as he felt Justin fill him. Justin stretched out on top of him  and softly said, “Merry Christmas, Darling. Are you ready for some breakfast?”


“As a matter of fact, I am!” he flipped Justin and kissed him until neither could catch their breath. Justin slipped out of his grip and brought the tray to the bed. They ate the light as air rolls and sipped on coffee.  They laid together and talked about the past year and about the week to come. They would all be heading to the wedding venue tomorrow and spending the next week there and by the end of the week the whole family would be here for the wedding.


“That’s the reason I wanted to have this time with you. I love you.  I love our life but it is going to get crazy finding time together this week.”


“There is nothing that can stop us from sneaking time together.”  Brian said


“Well, try two homophobic parents and a brother that sounds even worse. We have to be on our best behavior.”


“Damn, I hate it when you are logical.”  


Justin’s phone rang.  “Good morning, Sweetheart.  Did you sleep well?”


“I did, Daddy.  Shelby is throwing up and Gus said it isn’t too cold so I am going to walk home if that is alright.”


“That is fine.  Your dad and I were just going to shower but I will unlock the door before we get in, Ok?”


“Sure, Daddy.  Merry Christmas!”  And the phone went dead.


Justin quickly unlocked the door while Brian started the shower.  As they stepped under the stream of water they shared one more long kiss before washing each other and getting ready for the day.


By 11:00 a.m. Gus and Shelby had arrived.  Shelby looked a little pale but after a cup of tea and a constant supply of things to nibble on, her color had returned.  Soon Molly, Tyler, and Paul arrived. And the children’s gifts were passed around. The adults had talked it over and had all given money toward a charity to help families have a better Christmas.  


Just before Christmas, Brian had gone back in and given enough to cover every family that was left. He remembered too many Christmases where all he got was the gift of a belt and by the end of the night his dad had used that belt to beat his ass so bad he couldn’t sit down until school started again.  Hopefully he could help them at least have a better Christmas.


After Paul and Brinn opened up their gifts Brian pulled out one more gift.  He didn’t say anything but handed it to Shelby.


“Brian, what is this?”


“Every child in this room deserves a gift and since yours isn’t able to open his or her own, you’ll have to do it for them.”


Justin slipped under Brian’s arm and put his arms around him.  He said, “Brian had Gus make the frame.” Shelby opened the box and pulled out a framed picture.  She looked at the frame first. It was intricately carved and the word ‘FAMILY’ was carved across the top.


“Oh, Gus, the fame is beautiful.”  She then looked at the picture. “Oh,” was all that slipped out.  In the frame was a picture taken at Brinn’s party. Molly and Tyler on onside. Tyler was holding Paul who was giggling at Brinn who was on the other side of the picture with Brian and Justin.  Brian’s arm was protectively around Justin and both of them had a hand on Brinn’s shoulders and in the middle of the picture stood Gus with her. Gus’ mouth was by her ear while one hand was around her shoulder and the other was resting on her stomach.


Shelby had tears streaming down her cheeks as she ran down the hall to the spare room. Gus started to follow her but Brian touched his sleeve. “Let me go,” he said softly.  As Brian followed Shelby, Justin and Molly worked on dinner. Tyler did his best to distract Gus but he kept looking down the hall.


Brian tapped on the door and then went in, closing the door behind him.  Shelby was laying on the bed. What was he doing? He didn’t know what to do with women.  Lindsay was the only one that he came close to understanding. “Shelby?” he sat on the bed and laid his hand on her back.  “I owe you something. I just am not sure what?”


“Brian,” she sat up and put her arms around his neck. “I, you….”  she sobbed even louder.


Brian gently put a little space between them. “Shelby I have never understood women.  My mother was a shrew, not that she made me gay but she definitely didn’t help me relate.  When Gus had his first boyfriend I was so relieved. I knew how to relate to a guy and then he told me he was in love with you. What would I do with you?”


“Brian, you…” He held up his hand.


“Let me finish.  I realized what I do is love you.  Love you for making my son so happy.  Love you for carrying my grandchild. Love you for teaching my daughter so many amazing things.  Shelby, I love you and you are family.”


Tears were again running down her cheeks.  “You didn’t think that speech would help this pregnant girl stop crying, did you?”


“Come here, Sweetheart.” He picked her up and brought her to his lap.


Shelby looked up and wiped a tear off his cheek and then she kissed the spot.  She took one of his hands and placed it on her stomach. “I know they say it is too early to feel the baby move but I swear sometimes I feel her growing.”


“Her?”


“I just know it’s a girl.  It’s a feeling I have.”


“Shelby, I don’t care what it is.  I just want you and Gus to be happy until your old and gray.”


“Thanks, Brian, you don’t know how happy that makes me.”


“And I promise to do my best to behave at the wedding. I won’t act like I’m married to Lindsay but if we have to spend more time as the Gus’ four parents I will do that.”


“No, Brian, I want to see you and Justin on the dance floor.  You two have always shown your love for each other and I hope in 20 years. Gus and I still act the same way.


Gus finally couldn’t stop himself.  He walked down the hall and slowly opened the door to find Shelby and Brian dancing to a song playing on his phone. “Good timing, Gus.  I should check if your dad needs any help. You two finish the dance and then come to dinner.” Brian released Shelby’s hand into Gus’. He kissed both of them on the cheek and he was gone.


When Brian entered the kitchen he walked over to Justin.  He needed to feel him for just a moment. Moments like that just always drained him, but at his Sunshine turned around and smiled at him, giving him a long kiss, ha then returned to his task.  Brian put his arms around him from behind and as he brought his mouth to his ear he said, “I love you.” His hand moved between Justin and the stove and he cupped his crotch, pushing his own erection against him.


“I love you too but down boy.  We have a house full of family.”  Justin popped his ass against Brian, “Think of that as a promise for things to come. Now get out of here unless you are helping with the meal.” He gave him one more quick kiss on the cheek and  Brian ran his hand across Justin’s ass and growled.


Molly laughed, “You two are hopeless.”


“I hope so,” Justin smiled at his sister.  “I miss mom and Tuck but they will be here next week.  Did you hear they are staying for a few days afterward?  Shelby and Gus are giving them their house since they will be on their way to Ibiza.”


“I did hear that.  I can’t wait until they decide to move out here.  Tyler will be leaving a couple days after the wedding for a trip to the Southeast.  Dan is sending him and then he is making a side trip to follow up with the investigator who is looking for Janna.  He is anxious to meet with him but I think he is a little nervous, too.”


“Well, if you don’t want to stay alone in town you know you are welcome out here.  You could stay here or at Gus and Shelby’s place I am sure.”


“I’ll remember that but I think I will be just fine.  If he is gone longer than planned we might hit up your spare room for a night or maybe Brinn would like to stay with us a night or two.’


“I am sure she would love that and she really could help with Paul.”


The rest of the day went as planned.  The meal was full of good food and laughter and for the rest of the day there were games and movies. Tyler and Molly put Paul down for a nap and took a long time to return to the living room.  When they did, Molly was flushed and Tyler was smiling from ear to ear. Gus and Shelby went back to their place for a couple hours and reappeared around 6:00 when they were making homemade pizza.  Brinn and even Paul helped putting toppings on it.


There was a knock on the door and when Justin opened it Dan and Marcus walked in.  “Merry Christmas!” Justin hugged both of them and then Brian joined them.


“I didn’t think you two were going to make it back in time,” Brian said, greeting both the men.


“We wanted to come back and tell you,”  Dan responded.


“Tell us what?”  Justin asked.


“We are engaged.”  Marcus said as he kissed Dan.  A cheer went up in the room and several bottles of wine were opened and the party continued until late in the evening.  


Tyler and Molly were the first to leave with a sleeping Paul in Tyler’s arms.  Tyler kissed the sleeping boy’s cheek. Justin slipped a kiss on Paul’s cheek. “Thank you, Tyler for taking on this little guy like he was your own.”


“Justin, I love him like he was my own,” he ruffled the strawberry blond head, “even if he doesn’t take after my side of the family.” He leaned over and kissed Justin’s cheek. “Thank you for letting me be a part of this family.”


Gus and Shelby headed home to start their packing for next week while Brinn stretched and kissed all four men before putting herself to bed.


All of them sipped wine and talked about their wedding plans.  “We hope the two of you will stand up for us. It is just going to be a handful of people.  The two of you and my mom,” Marcus said, “And a few friends but not more than 20 or so and we are hoping for Valentine’s Day.”


“Of course we will.” Justin said. “It will be an honor.”


“And Brian, I want to thank you personally.  I never have but if you hadn’t lent Justin to me for a couple days I don’t think I would be ready to make this commitment.  I know Dan is the only man for me.”


“Well, you are lucky to have had Justin on his last free weekend. Well, I guess I can’t say that because Justin thinks for himself but I don’t think either of us feel the need for anyone else anymore.”


As Dan and Marcus started for the door some time later, Justin moved to Dan.  “Have you had any leads for Janna?”


“My investigator has a couple good leads he plans to look into after the first of the year.” Dan let him know.


“I transferred another payment into your account yesterday. That should take care of another month of investigation.”


“Justin, I have told you that isn’t necessary.”


“I know but Tyler is family and I know it costs your agency plenty to do these.  Thanks for helping. The not knowing has to be the worst.” Justin smiled at him.


As Dan and Marcus drove away, Brian and Justin locked up for the night and then together they met in their room.  As Brian poured them each one last glass of wine the men linked arms and had one more sip of wine. Brian then took both glasses, set them on the nightstand, and Justin moved into his arms as the men began to kiss and touch the oh so familiar territory.  This was the perfect conclusion to a perfect day. Life was good and the Taylor-Kinney clan had everything they could want.