- Text Size +

Chapter 6



Dan woke up in Marcus’ bed.  They had played until late into the night.  Marcus had shone an amazing learning curve. He had used his talented mouth to bring Dan pleasure he had only known a couple times in his life.  At one point Dan ran out in a towel to grab the picnic basket from out of the car and they ate some cheese and drank more of the wine Brian had sent.  After the nourishment, Dan had shown Marcus the pleasure of his prostate before they both collapsed in exhaustion.


In the morning they showered together.  As Dan soaped Marcus’ back Dan needed to know. “Marcus,  what now? I have never felt like this so fast. Marcus, please tell me you will….tell me you care about me.”


“Dan, it isn’t that easy.  I just can’t turn my back on my family.”


“I think you have that backwards.  Your family wants to turn their back on you.  Tell me, have you ever felt like you did last night. Had your body ever sung like that before?” Dan slipped his finger into Marcus and stroked his prostate ever so gently.  Marcus leaned back against Dan.


“I have never felt like this before.  Dan, I want to be with you but right now I just can’t be out there. Please, Dan,” Marcus turned to face him. “I don’t know how I could go back now but I don’t know how to move forward either.  Please, Darling Dan, give me time to figure this out. Oh, please don’t make me choose right now.” Marcus leaned in and kissed Dan with such feeling he nearly cried.


“Oh, Red, you don’t have to make any decisions right now.  I will take what you will give me as long as you will give it.” Dan’s fingers moved through Marcus’ wet hair. “I hope I can be enough.


As the week went on, the tension rose in the house.  Justin was glad Brinn was out of the line of trouble but he missed her horribly. He had to keep reminding himself that it was for her safety and by Friday morning he knew he had to concentrate on the task at hand and Brinn would be home tomorrow. Having Paul and Molly in the house had helped.  Shelby and Gus were also sleeping there but Gus was at the building site at least twelve hours a day and Shelby tried to stay out of Brian’s way as much as she could.


Tyler was going to be at the house by noon.  When Brian had insisted on Andrew bringing his partner with him to the signing the meeting got moved to 4:00.  Everything was set up to get them on fraud charges. They were going to have the meeting room bugged as well as bugs on each person.  Tyler was going to be in the next room monitoring the conversation. Justin already said he would be saying little because he couldn’t trust what he would say.  He knew Molly would be sitting next to Andrew and would probably be in physical contact with him most of the time. It was decided Dan would lead most of the conversation since he had the most knowledge of the plan.  He had the evidence that Andrew and his partner did not own the land. He would spell it all out. And then Tyler would come in with a couple men and make the arrest.


Molly had sat silently sneering at Tyler as Dan and Tyler spelled everything out.  “Molly, do you have any questions?” Tyler asked.

“Just one.  Are you leaving town as soon as this over with?”


“Molly, I am sorry you and I didn’t start out better.  I am afraid you may have to put up with having me in town.  The CBI needed an office in this area and thanks to a couple generous men,” He looked at Brian and  Justin, “we have an office but Molly, unless you decide to break the law I promise to stay out of your way.”  Tyler felt a pang from somewhere inside him.


Molly shot Justin and Brian a look of disbelief. “Thank god I don’t have any illegal habits. I will play this out and as soon as Andrew is in custody I will no longer have to put up with you.”  


Shelby came out of the bedroom with a chatty Paul.  “Sorry but someone was hungry.”


“Not a problem.” Tyler crossed the room and easily took Paul out of Shelby’s arms.  He kept talking without missing a beat as he held the little boy. When Shelby had some food ready for him Tyler kissed the top of his head and passed him back.  


“You are obviously comfortable with kids, Tyler.  I know you aren’t married but I never asked if you had children,” Justin looked quizzically at him.


“I did in another lifetime.” Tyler was deep in thought for a moment and then moved the conversation along. “So are there any questions?”


“Is there any real danger? Have they ever been violent?”


“There was one case someone was knocked out but I don’t see anything like that occurring.  In that case, it was an elderly man who was alone. You will not be alone.”


After a little more conversation, they got ready to go.  Molly had dressed up a bit since the story was she and Andrew were going to go out to celebrate afterward.  She was playing with Paul to calm her nerves until she left. Tyler couldn’t seem to stop looking at her. Molly caught him for a third time.  “What is your problem? Do I have a smudge on my face? Lipstick on my lips? What is it?”


“No,” he stuttered.  “No you look nice. Do you have any concerns?”


“Don’t worry.  I can do this and then I can be done with you.”


“I know you can do this.  You did an excellent job last time.”


“Oh,” Molly said. She was so surprised she didn’t say anything else.  


“Fine, I’m done trying to make peace. You are impossible.”


“I….” Molly started a retort but was cut off.  


“Excuse me, but I need to go.  The rest of you have about an hour.  I want to get in place before they arrive.”  Tyler shook hands with the men and nodded to Molly across the room before leaving.  


Dan stepped out on the porch to call Marcus.  They hadn’t seen each other since Wednesday morning but had talked at least once a day.   Dan just wanted to hear his voice. No that wasn’t true. He wanted to touch that man but that would have to wait until tonight.  “Hey Red, are we still on for tonight.”


“Yes, that time will work for me.”


“Not alone?”


“That’s correct. I look forward to meeting with you.”


“Oh, not nearly as much as I look forward to seeing all of you, Red. See you at 7:00, your place.  I’ll bring dinner.” Just before ending the call softly he said, “Red, I….see you tonight.”


Justin walked over to Molly and put his hand on her arm.  “You ready for this, Mollusk?”


“I am ready for this to be done.  Then I won’t have to see Andrew of Tyler again.”


“I wish you could see that Tyler is a good guy. He only wants to do his job the best he can.”  Molly rolled her eyes. “Well, he can’t be all bad. Did you see how good he was with Paul?”


“I guess he has to have some good quality but I haven’t seen it yet.”



The ride into town was fairly quiet.  Everyone was in their own thoughts as they pulled up to the meeting spot which was in an office downtown.  It was a space Brian set up as all the property Andrew had access to was in need of major repairs, since the scam was on improving these spaces. According to the paperwork they had seen, Andrew had his name on 12 buildings in the area and all of those perspective sellers would be out of luck.  Brian had already started reviewing the buildings to see if he could purchase some of them or help with the restoration.


“Hey, Mollusk, you ready to do this?”  Justin said softly glancing at her in the back seat.


“Let’s get this over with. I just want to get home to  my baby and forget I ever met these men and that includes Harris.”


Justin noticed a smile briefly cross Brian’s lips.  They had talked about Molly’s dislike of this man and both agreed Tyler didn’t feel the same and they actually thought Molly and the detective would make a good pair but today was not the day to mention that.


Justin opened Molly’s door for her and squeezed her hand.  If anyone was watching he didn’t want to make it look unusual.  Brian came around and never being shy, pulled Justin into his arms for a long kiss. “You told me to act normal,” he said quietly, “And I am never more normal than in your arms.”


Molly coughed exaggeratingly, “You two really are obnoxious sometimes. I was just thinking I am not sure men are worth the trouble.”


Brian slipped an arm around Molly’s waist and kissed the top of her head. “Honey, don’t give up.  There have to be a few good straight guys out there and whoever finds you will be the lucky one.”


“Thanks, Brian.  You can be sweet when you and my brother aren’t being assholes.” She winked at him as they walked toward the building.   Dan pulled up and after locking his car joined the trio.


“Well, Molly, do you and Gus have my new house designed yet?”  Dan asked as they walked in making it seem like any old meeting.  Just because there was $5 M on the line and a couple arrests pending there was no reason to act differently.  At least this was the attitude they all tried to give off.


As they walked into the room, Andrew and the other man stood up. Andrew walked up to Molly and took her in his arms, kissing her. “Hello, gorgeous. Good afternoon, gentlemen.  Please have a seat.” He pointed to the chairs on the opposite side of the table. He held Molly’s hand and had her sit next to him. “Let me introduce everyone. Fred, let me introduce you to our newest partners.  This is Brian and Justin Taylor Kinney, and Dan Reed. Gentlemen, this is my business partner Fred Brown.” They all nodded and greeted each other.


“So have you two worked together long?” Dan asked the men across the table.   He knew they had been working the con for about 5 years and he knew neither of them were using their real names.


“We have done a few small projects together but this is the biggest thing we have been involved in and that is because of the generosity of the three of you. We are so excited to be able to help this lovely community,” Andrew began but Dan noticed ‘Fred’ was not so relaxed.


“Um, gentlemen, I don’t want to rush you but I do have a plane to catch today so I would like to get these papers signed and the funds transferred soon.”


Andrew passed out the paperwork and turned the laptop so it faced Brian, Justin, and Dan. They knew they would have to actually transfer the money before the cons could be arrested. They reviewed the paperwork and signed on the required line.  Andrew was focusing on Molly more than what the three men were doing. Molly was shocked he was making a move on her while they were in this meeting. Andrew’s hand had made its way farther up her skirt the longer he sat there. She actually moved slightly for him as he nudged her legs slightly further apart.  He was going to get his piece of her tonight before fleeing tomorrow. Too bad Molly was related to them or maybe he could have gotten her to come along with him. He had a feeling she would be really hot in bed.


Justin knew Andrew was doing something both from Andrew’s movements and Molly’s face. Brian put his hand on Justin’s and squeezed it. “Sunshine, do you have the bank code for us to transfer the money?”


“Oh, ya.” Justin redirected his focus.  He typed in the number and then moved the computer to Dan.  Dan put his bank code in and hit transmit. The moment he did that he used the phrase Tyler was waiting to hear.


Dan spoke in a natural tone, “Well, gentlemen, I guess our business is done for the day. Within seconds the door flew open and four men came in with guns out. Before Brian and Justin knew what was happening another officer had them out the door.


Molly found herself with Andrew’s arm wrapped around her neck from behind with a gun in her back. Fred had also pulled a gun but before he could aim it anywhere he was tackled by Dan and the other officers.  Dan was caught in the stomach by a tackling policeman. The wind was knocked out of him. In all the confusion, Andrew pulled Molly backward and shoved her out the door. Molly was shoved out the backdoor right into the arms of Tyler Harris. When Andrew saw him he said, “Well, look who we have here.  Let me guess, you aren’t Dan’s boyfriend. I am betting you are a detective.” He aimed the gun right at Molly’s head. “Drop the gun or I’ll drop her.” He yanked Molly back into his reach. “And to think I was going to fuck your brains out tonight. Drop the gun or I will do it.” He pressed the gun into her the base of her neck.”

“Careful, Price. I’m setting it down and then I will kick it away,” Tyler did exactly as he said he would. He thought this felt like slow motion but it really had only taken a matter of seconds.  “Let her go, Andrew.”


“Drop your phone, too”


“Ok, don’t hurt her.”


Andrew shoved her at him.  “We are going to my car now.  Molly you know what one it is.  We have made out in it more than once. Detective, get behind the wheel and, dear Molly, you are going to sit  on my lap.” Andrew kept the gun aimed on Molly as he made her sit down with him. Andrew placed one hand on her upper thigh while he gave Tyler directions.  


Molly could feel Andrew was getting aroused as his hand began to move under her skirt. His finger had just skimmed her panty when he had Tyler turn into a parking lot.  He directed him to the back of the building where the car was hidden from view. Molly and Tyler followed Andrew’s directions and they entered the back door. “I don’t want to hurt you, in fact I would like to do a lot more to Miss Molly but I am afraid I don’t have time for that, darling.” He sneered as he reached out and touched her breast, making her shiver and step back.


Tyler snatchd Molly to him.  “You haven’t hurt us yet. Do you want to add that to your charges?”


“Oh, keep your pants on or do you want her for yourself. Well, you two will have plenty of time to mess around.” He had kept them moving and they were now deep in the basement of a dilapidated building.  It was a windowless room, it looked like it was a vault of some kind. “You two can have all the fun you want in here. Oh, and by the way, this room is soundproof so don’t bother wasting your breath.” He shut the door and they heard it being locked.



When Dan had a chance to catch his breath he had lost track of who was where.  He was fairly sure he saw Brian and Justin escorted out the front and he saw Molly going out the back door with someone. He walked out the front of the building and looked for Molly and Tyler. He heard Justin’s voice.  “Where is Molly? Molly!”


Dan rushed over to Brian and Justin.  “Where is Tyler? Does he have Molly?”


“No one know where he is,” the head of the local police department said.  “He was supposed to be at the back door and get Molly out of the way.”


“Captain,” a uniformed police officer came running up.  “I found a gun and cell phone behind the building. I think it is Detective Harris’.”


Justin grabbed it.  “It is Tyler’s. Where is he? Where’s my sister?


“And where’s Andrew?”  Brian said.



Dan and the Captain started organizing.  They sent officers out and soon got word that someone had seen two men and a blond woman get into a car and the black man drove away.  They put out orders to block all roads going out of town and within 10 minutes they had word that Andrew Price had been caught trying to leave town but he was alone.


By the time everyone got to the police station Molly and Tyler had been missing more than a half hour. Andrew wasn’t talking.  He just asked for a phone to call his lawyer.


Dan left Andrew and Fred to the local police while he started sending officers out to check out the buildings he knew Andrew had keys for. And the search began.



Molly tried to pace but the only light that came in was from a small crack in the ceiling.  Tyler wanted to try to calm her but he wasn’t sure if she would let him. Tyler tipped a couple crates upside down. He walked over to her, “Molly, please come sit down.” He gently place his arm around Molly’s waist and guided her toward the crate. Molly sat down without a word of any kind. Tyler was afraid Molly might be in shock.  He moved as close as he could to her, “Molly, are you Ok? What can I do for you?” Tyler brushed her hair out of her face.


“Don’t you touch me!  I don’t need you and I don’t want you near me.”


“Molly, I am sorry you don’t like me.  I wish I could change that but…”


“You are an arrogant prick who has no clue how to relate to …”


“Stop right there.  I have never had trouble  getting along with people.  In fact, I have won awards for just that.  So who has the problem Miss High and Mighty Molly Taylor?  Maybe you should look in the mirror and…” Tyler stopped. He knew he was angry and would say things that shouldn’t be said.  He walked across the room and they were silent for a long while. It was getting late and the sun light was growing dimmer.


“Shit! Oh god!” Molly cried out.


“What is it? Molly, what is it?”


“Something ran across my shoe.  I hate mice. I hate rats, I…” Molly began to sob.  “I want my boy. I want Paul. What if we never….”


“Come here, Molly.” Tyler pulled her into his arms.  “I won’t let anyone hurt you, I promise I won’t let whatever it is get you.”  With the little bit of light that still came through the crack from above, Tyler put all the crates that were in the room together. He kept talking to her as he moved around the room. He found a few old curtains in a corner and laid them over the crates.  It was still a small area but Molly could get her feet off the floor now and there was still room for him to sit next to her. He then pulled her into his lap and rocked her.


Molly wrapped her arms around his neck.  “You probably think I am just a foolish idiot to fall for a man like that”


“No, Molly, he had fooled so many but I think he really liked you.  And I can understand why. You have a fire in you but I have seen you with your son and with your family.  You have such a big heart. I don’t know what Paul’s father did to you but, sweet Molly, he didn’t deserve you.  We will get out of here somehow. I imagine they are looking for us. Dan can find anyone. Shelby and Gus are taking good care of Paul.” Tyler kept talking until he felt Molly relax.  


The room now was now nearly void of light and he could hear rodents skittering around the crates.  Molly had curled up best she could on the crates and dozed. When she woke she reached for Tyler and he wasn’t there. “Tyler, Detective, are you there?” Panic was evident in every word.


“Yes, Molly, I am right here.  I just needed to stretch my legs. I won’t,” he chuckled a little, “I can’t leave you, truth be told.  Is there room for me on those crates?”


“Sure, take a load off,” Molly moved over a bit. “What time do you think it is?”


“I know you probably think it is very late but I would guess it was about 10 pm.”


“Why am I so tired?”


“You have gone through a lot today.  Your adrenaline slowed down and you crashed.”


“I really didn’t mean I needed a scientific reason.”


“I am sorry.  I talk too much when I am not in control. It’s a really bad habit.”


“I know how you like to be in control.”


Tyler was silent for a moment.  “It is actually really helpful in my kind of work.  Most people like someone in charge when there is a threat. But, like you, many intelligent, strong people can’t just give over control. Sorry, talking too much again.”


Without realizing it Molly leaned up against Tyler and his arm went around her.  “What happened that you lost control?” she asked quietly. He was silent for some time.  “I’m sorry. I don’t have any right…”


“I lost my daughter,” he said quietly.


“Lost?  Do you mean in a custody case or something?”


“It’s a long story.  Maybe someday I will explain but ….” He became silent.


“Tyler,” Molly’s hand moved toward the sound of his voice. Her hand touched his cheek and then her mouth came up to his.  Her lips gently touched his and then he pulled her onto his lap and into his arms for a kiss that went on and on.



Dan couldn’t figure out why it was taking so long to find them.  They had searched several buildings already. He had gone through a couple himself.  He had returned to the station to look through the paperwork again. He also wanted to check on Brian and Justin.  He stepped into the conference room where Brian and Justin were staying. “Dan, tell me you have found her. Please, tell me she’s ok.”  Justin ran up to him.


“Not yet, but we will find them, soon.” Dan put his arms around Justin.  I am going out again as soon as I look at something.”


Brian walked over and took Justin from Dan’s arms.  “Sunshine, let him go do his work.”


“Justin,  you have my word I will search until I find him.”  Dan kissed Justin’s cheek as he passed him to Brian.  He reached up and grazed Brian’s cheek with his hand before he turned and left the room.


Dan looked at his phone once more. After letting Marcus know that he was stuck at work, Marcus had responded he could wait.  Not patiently but he would wait.


Dan glanced through the property list once more and noticed for the first time that one of the old buildings had been a jewelry store in its early history and there was a lock room of sorts in the basement.  He ran to the radio room and sent out a call for the closest car to go check out the building.



Tyler had laid Molly down as the continued to explore her mouth with his. His fingers slipped under the hem of her dress and rested on her hip. As his mouth began to travel down Molly’s neck he was sure he heard something.  He pulled away from Molly,


“Tyler, where….”


“Shhh, do you hear that?”


“Someone is upstairs?”


As they started shouting it was only seconds before they heard feet on the steps and then calling through the door.  Just like in the movies Tyler guided Molly to a corner while the police shot the lock after several failed attempts to break it down.


When Dan came in and told Justin and Brian got the news Justin turned into Brian and cried.  Brian looked at Dan, “Are both of them…”


“They are both perfectly fine.  Neither of them have a scratch. I’ve heard they are dirty and of course Molly’s nerves are rattled.”  


Justin took a deep breath and pulled himself together.  “Will they be brought here?”


“Yes, they are on their way.  They will have to give statements but my guess is if Tyler was with her the whole time they will let Molly go home very soon.”  Brian was sending a text to Gus letting him know everything was fine. Dan texted Marcus and told him everything was fine with his friends.  He started texting Marcus that he should go to sleep. He would see him tomorrow but before he hit send Marcus replied that he was waiting for him. And to get there as soon as he could.


Brian saw a smile cross Dan’s face.  “What’s that smile for?”


“My date is still waiting for me.”


“Good for you.  Go screw his brains out,” Brian responded.


Justin smiled back at him, “I can’t wait to meet this special guy.” Justin saw the look that crossed Dan’s face, “You don’t want to share him yet?”


“Soon,” was all Dan said.



Tyler helped Molly into the back of a squad car and got in next to her.  He put his arm around her and she snuggled next to him for a few moments.  “Well, I am sure you are glad you won’t have to see me anymore.” Tyler said softly.


“I guess you are a good guy to have around in a crisis.”  Molly said, a little of her confidence coming back into her tone.”


“Molly, what happened back there….”


“Anything that happened in that room is between you and me was forgotten as soon as we stepped out.”


“Oh, trust me, I won’t be able to forget what went on but it was between you and me.”  Tyler brought his mouth down on Molly’s for a soft, sweet kiss. “I’m glad to have me you, Molly.  Take good care of that sweet little boy.”


Molly looked up into his dark chocolate eyes and smiled, “I plan to do that.  Thanks for my crate island. I guess I am not very good in a crisis.”


“You are amazing in a crisis, Mol.  I can’t think of anyone I would rather be kidnapped with.”


“Well, no kidnapping would have been better.  Did I hear they caught Andrew?”


“Yes, they have the two here and two more in LA that was working with them. You may have to show up in court but I am thinking this might be cleared without you having to appear.  Since I was with you the whole time they will probably accept my testimony alone, unless Andrew really fights this.” Tyler removed his arm as they pulled up to the station. “Molly, I am so glad you are alright.”


“You, too, Harris.”



The rest was a blur for Molly.  In moments she was in Justin’s arms  Brian holding both of them. After a few moments Molly stepped back although Justin wasn’t ready to let her go.  “Paul, Shelby and Gus….I’m sure you told them? I need to see my little boy.”


“He’s fine, Mollusk.  As soon as we heard you were safe we let them know.  We need to get the go ahead and then we can go. Dan is working on it.”


“My phone, my purse…”


“We have them, Molly, Just relax.  Everything is fine now. God, I was so scared. How was I going to tell Mom you were kidnapped.  I am glad I hadn’t called her yet. It is easier to say you were taken but are back home now. I hope you know you aren’t allowed out of my sight for ….well, I better know where you are.”  Justin kissed her messy hair.


Brian had stepped out but returned with a wet washcloth.  “I thought you might at least clean your face.”


“Thanks, Brian,” Molly smiled at her brother in law.  “Justin, can you ….I can’t even see what’s on there.” Justin gently wiped her face, getting the worst of it off.


“It will have to do until we can get you home.”  Just as Justin said this the door opened and Dan walked in.  


“So glad you are here, Molly.  And you will be glad to know you are free to leave.  You may have to come in sometime to give an official statement but Tyler will call you when they are ready for that. I am sure you are ready to go home.”


“Thanks, Dan.  We are all ready to go home. You included.” Justin said.


“Well, I will not be home tonight and in fact, I will be moving to my new place this weekend.”  Dan smiled.


“Dan, I never got to thank you.  I hear you are the one that finally figured out where we probably would be. I would give you a hug but I am filthy.”


“Come here, girl,” Dan enfolded her in his arms.  “I’m just sorry I let them get you. I knew Harris was at the door.  Somehow, Price and rigged it so it couldn’t be opened from outside as a precaution. That’s why Tyler hadn’t rushed him.”


“Dan, the person or people to blame is Andrew and his partners.” A look of discussed crossed her face.  “And to think I wanted to…”


Justin put an arm around Molly and she put her head on his shoulder. Brian spoke up, “I will need to go get our car.”


“Actually, it is parked in front of the station. I took your keys and had someone drive it over for you. You three get going.  You still have a few hours to sleep.”


Justin smiled at Dan, “Or do other things?”


“I am really tired but I have a feeling I can find enough energy for something before sleep,” Dan blushed as he said it.


It was a silent ride to the vineyard.  Justin sat in the back with Molly and when they arrived home, after hugs and kisses from Shelby and Gus, Shelby went with Molly to Brinn’s room, not wanting to wake Paul  and Molly got in a tub of warm, sudsy water. Shelby helped her wash her hair and then Molly started talking. “I was really scared when he had the gun pointed at me. I wondered how I had ever thought this horrible man was good looking.  How could I have even thought about…”


“Molly, that was his profession, to con you.”


“I don’t know what I would have done without Tyler there.  He is really good in a scary situation and I thought about Paul.  I need to get a will written and I want you and Gus to be there for Paul if anything ever happens to me.  Will you do that? Will you raise Paul if…?”


“Oh, Molly, of course but we don’t have to make any life changing decisions right now.  Gus and I will always be here for you and Paul. You are the best friend I have ever had.”


“Lean forward and I will clean  your back. That place must have been filthy or you were rolling around….wait!  What did you and Tyler do to occupy yourselves in the hours you were there?”


“The dirt has nothing to do with Tyler.  He was…” her voice got really soft, “he was really nice. I can’t think about him right now.  I am shaky enough and don’t have the energy to sort out feeling about Tyler Harris. But, Shelby, I am sure I will need to talk tomorrow, well today.” Shelby held out a bath sheet for Molly and she stepped out of the bathtub, wrapping the towel around herself while Shelby put a towel around her head.  


“Let me help you comb out your hair and I will braid it for you before you go to bed.” Shelby could see the exhaustion in Molly.  After Molly was ready, Shelby walked her to her bedroom. They entered silently and Molly let a nightgown fall over her head. Shelby took the towel from her.  After she tucked the covers up around her she walked to the crib and gently picked up Paul. She brought him to the bed and laid the sleeping boy next to his mom.  Paul instantly snuggled into her and Molly pulled him close. Shelby kissed both Paul and Molly on the cheek and slipped out of the room.


Gus was just coming down the hall as she came out.  He pulled her close and kissed her, “Everything good?”


“Ya, she’s sleeping. I think she will be fine after a good night sleep and a little time with Paul.” She wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered in his ear, “I want you.”  As she said the words, she saw Brian out of the corner of her eye. He had the normal look of distaste he always gave her when she was with Gus.


Justin walked up behind Brian and slipped his arms around Brian’s waist.  “Thanks, Shelby. I thought she could use a friend rather than a brother. Do think she is alright?”


“She is fine, Justin.  Some sleep and normalcy is all she needs.  She is very strong.”


Gus gave her a little tug, “Night Dad.  Night Pops. We will see you whenever.”


Brian’s eyes followed them to the room they were sleeping in.  Justin’s hands drifted below Brian’s waist, “I think they have the right idea.”


“May be the right idea but it is definitely the wrong person.”


“Why do you have to be so bull headed about this,” Justin took Brian’s hand and led him to their bedroom. “You know people love who they love.  Shelby is a great person. She loves our son and our daughter. She can’t help it she is a woman and that means she will be able to have our grandchildren. I hope to hold Gus’ child someday.”  As Justin talked they both undressed and got in bed. Justin turned his back to Brian waiting to feel that second of pain and then the pleasure of the invasion but instead Brian just draped an arm around Justin and soon was breathing deeply. Justin drifted off to sleep with a little smile on his lips thinking about his girl coming home today.



Dan arrived at Marcus’ townhouse well after midnight but there was a light glowing in the window.  He rang the bell and Marcus opened the door. “Hi,” was all he could say before Dan pulled him into his arms and kissed him.  They stumbled in and Dan turned Marcus around and shut the door by pushing Marcus against it. “I have missed you so much.” Marcus said as Dan pulled off his shirt and traveled downward with his hands and mouth.  



Dan dropped to his knees and tugged on the lounge pants Marcus was wearing. They came down with little effort.  He sighed when he realized Marcus had nothing on under them. He gently took Marcus dick in his hand and brushed his lips across the tip.  The noise that Marcus emitted was that of pure bliss. Dan took his time and ran his tongue along the underside of the now firm cock. When he saw it quivering, he took it all in his mouth and greedily moved in and out on it.  Dan’s free hand began to stroke back from his cock and when he arrived at Marcus’ tight bud. He had no lube so he quickly stuck his finger in his mouth and then returned it to the tenderest of spots and his finger worked its way in and as Dan found his prostate, Marcus lost all control.  Dan swallowed greedily as his finger continued moving. When Marcus could no long stand from pure pleasure, Dan worked his way back up and then caught Marcus’ face in his hand, kissing him deeply. “Can you taste how wonderful you are?”


“Oh, Dan, I…” he crushed Dan’s mouth with his own. As they stumbled up the stairs Dan’s clothes began to come off.  “I need you in me. I want you deep inside me. I need to feel the exquisite pain.”


“That is my pleasure, Red. Such pleasure!”  



The house was completely quiet when Paul woke Molly with a gentle pat on the face. “Mamama, Mamama.”


Molly opened her eyes and stretched.  “Hi beautiful boy. How is my boy?” Paul climbed up on her and gave her a slobbery kiss.  Molly knew all was well with the world. She may be a single mom forever but right now that was just fine with her. She had so much in her life.  She got up and changed paul, putting him into shorts and a onesie. She then quickly pulled on some shorts and a T Shirt and took Paul out to the kitchen.  And walked out to the kitchen. She was eager for them to get back into their little cottage. She loved all her family but sometimes she just wanted to be with Paul.  Now that the mess was over with she was going to show the business plan to Brian and Justin. Gus was so busy with his house he had told her to go ahead with the presentation.  It wasn’t like she was going in front of strangers. It was his dads and her brothers. She was so deep in thought talking to Paul about the business, she didn’t even notice Justin walk in.  He poured two cups of coffee and gave her one.


“So what did Gus give you permission to talk to us about.”


“Was I talking outloud?”  Molly laughed a little.


“Yes, you were and you look much better than last night.”


“I’m fine.  I admit my nerves are a little frayed but  Tyler did a good job calming me during the actual lockdown.  I think I was more scared of the mice than anything, and not knowing that Andrew was caught.”


“I’m glad he was there with you.  Now, tell me about the plan you and Gus have while I make scrambled eggs.”


“Well, you know I want to do interior design and Gus is building.  We thought we could start a business together. And we know that type of business doesn’t always have a storefront but we want an area for a coffee shop and wine bar in the front.  We could do coffee everyday but were thinking we would have wine evenings maybe Friday and Saturday evenings and then Sunday afternoons. Of course we will feature Taylor-Kinney wine and a couple nights a month Gus would play and sing.  I am sure you know he misses his music.”


“You know, I do but maybe not how much he misses it.” Justin scooped some eggs out and started blowing on them for Paul.


‘I have a whole business plan written up.  I will email it to you.” Molly took the eggs and started feeding some to Paul


“I really like that idea.  I am sure Brian and I will fund that and I am sure Brian will have ideas on what buildings might work.


“I have a second step to the plan but if you don’t want to do it, that’s fine.”  Molly didn’t look at Justin.


“What is it Molly, the second step?”


“I thought if we found the right place, maybe Paul and I could live above it.  With interior design there are times when people can’t come during regular hours so if I lived above it I could just bring Paul down with me.  I know that is asking so much and you and Brian have already done so much for me. But I do have a little money from Dad and…” She hesitated because she knew Justin received nothing when their father passed away.


“Molly, it’s fine.  I don’t need his money.  I could buy and sell him several times.”


“I know but…”


“There was that time when I hoped we could get back together.  That was about 9 years ago and I knew then it would never be. If you want to use that money fine but I would rather you put that money away for Paul or something wild and crazy you just want.  You will be a partner in this enterprise. I am really excited about this.”


“Yes, I figured we can put up some of your paintings that can be sold if you want and maybe Gus can even cut a recording at some point.  Justin, do you really think this might work?”


“I think it is a great plan and I can’t wait to see the numbers.”


“I was surprised you were up so early.” Molly looked at her big brother. “Is something wrong? You look, I don’t know, unsettled.”


“I think it is just from last night and Brinn being away and….”  He leaned on the island near Paul.


Molly wrapped her arms around his shoulders and rested her cheek on this shoulder. “And what?”


“I hate that Brian still can’t see Shelby for who she is and last night, I think he even was upset because I didn’t take his side.  He didn’t even kiss me goodnight. Unless one of us is really sick or we had a major blow up we always…”


“You two are like rabbits.” She kissed his shoulder.  “It was a stressful day for all of us. I am sure Brian isn’t mad.  He could never stay away from you long. When does Brinn get home?”


“Sometime around 3:00. I can’t wait.  I think I will bake her a cake. Want to help?”   


“I would love to.  I also want to get us settled back in the cottage.  Paul just sleeps better there and I have to admit, I like my space.”  


“How about we make the cake and while it bakes you can start getting settled back in the cottage. Once I take the cake out I will come and see if you need some help or if you leave some stuff here I can bring that down.”


Molly agreed and the two, with Paul watching on, started putting the cake together.



Shelby had not slept well. Gus had made love to her but she couldn’t get Brian’s disdained look out of her mind.She didn’t think Gus would ever marry her without his fathers’ approval and right now they only had one on their side. Gus started stirring and he moved his head letting his mouth seek out one of her breasts.  “Oh Gus, please, I need you.” Gus needed no further prompting. As he thrust into her she wrapped her legs around him. They both climbed higher and higher until they climaxed together. Gus began to move away but Shelby stopped him. “Don’t please. Stay there. I want to feel you for a few minutes.”


Gus rolled so they were still one but they looked at each other side by side. “Is something bothering you, Shelly?” He pulled her against his chest.


“Gus, I have tried everything to get Brian to like me.  I love you so much but I could never stand between you and him.”


“Shelly, I love my pops.  He has been my world along with Dad but as much  as I love him, I am in love with you and he can never make me feel the way you do.  And I am not talking about what just happened but what you do to my soul. Shelby Jones, I love you.  Some day, when the time is right, I hope you will do me the honor of being Shelby Kinney.” Gus kissed her again and as he did she felt him growing deep inside her. And once again, slowly, sweetly they climbed and, together, their spirits flew away.”


While the cake was baking Brian came out of the bedroom. “Are you what smells so sweet?” Brian nuzzled Justin’s neck.  Justin turned into his arms and soaked in the heat of his body. Justin’s arms went around Brian’s neck and soon the kiss went from a good morning to much more.


“Baby, I have to take this cake out in a few minutes.  I wish you would have been in this mood last night.”


“I was really tired, Sunshine.  I’m sorry if you felt neglected.  How much time do you have we could have one last quickie in the kitchen before Brinn comes home.” Brian pressed tightly against him.  Brian’s talk was the only thing big at the moment.


“Big talk for a man that  doesn’t seem to be rising to the occasion.”  Justin smiled as he ground against him.


“Well, you just said you didn’t have time. I have some work to do.”


“Oh, Molly told me about the business plan she and Gus came up with.  I think it will be really good. She was going to email the business plan she came up with.  Take a look at it and see if you have a building for them.”


“You have me curious now. What are your plans today?”


“I will be down at Molly’s cottage for a while and then we are going to decorate this cake for Molly.  I can’t wait until she gets home.”


Brian kissed him once more and then headed to his office to look at Molly’s plan.  The plan was good. Molly was smart. He could see this working well and it would be good for the town. But he was having trouble concentrating. He hadn’t had this problem since he had a ball removed but now, even though he loved Justin more than anything, there hadn’t been a stirring. Brinn was coming home today.  That always brought life into the house. Maybe it would bring life to him, too. Otherwise, he would need to go to the doctor. Justin was going to ask by tonight he was sure.



By 3:00 everyone was excited.  Justin and Molly had finished decorating the cake and then Brian began talking about the business plan Molly and Gus had put together.  “Molly, I was very impressed with your plan. I think the shop is a great idea.”


“I’m glad, Brian.  I really want to decorate and I think adding the creative flare of Gus’ music and Justin’s paintings,  I think we will be able to sell plenty of the design features I can ship in.”


“I agree, Molly.  There is lots of new construction around here meaning homes and businesses need your touch and I can think of a couple places that have living quarters upstairs. In fact there are two smaller buildings that are side by side.  They would be easily joined but because of the original design it will be easy to keep areas feel small and intimate. I’m excited about this. On Monday I would love to look at the places I am thinking about but I do have another option that would probably be an easier transformation but I don’t think it would be nearly as unique a space.  With your insight and my advertising skill, we can’t lose.”


Justin heard it first. “I hear a car coming up the drive.  Brinn is back.” Justin gave Brian a hard kiss and to Brian’s surprise he felt his cock respond.  Brian thrust against Justin. “You got it going so you better be ready to oblige me later.” He kissed Justin once more as he cupped one of those perfect cheeks, pulling his so close he could feel Justin’s reaction.


“I love you, Baby.  And our girl is home.” Justin pulled away as he heard the car come to a stop.


As Justin stepped onto the porch he heard his favorite word in the world. “Daddy!!!!” Justin dropped to his knees and opened his arms as Brinn flew into them.  She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him over and over. “Oh, I missed you. I missed you so much. I know you had guards there watching me, but they were nice and they got me extra desserts.  I had a lot of fun. I…”


“Excuse me but you do have two fathers and one of them has not had a hug or kiss yet.”


“Oh, Dad,” Brinn let go of Justin and soon was in Brian’s arms with her legs wrapped around his waist.  “I missed you, too. Did everything go Ok with Uncle Dan. I know he was here for some reason and having me guarded only reinforced that.”


“Everything turned out fine.”  Brian kissed her.


“Oh, Paul, look at you.  I am sure you grew while I was gone. Put me down, Dad.  I need to go hug Paul.


And so Tia Brinn Taylor Kinney was back home and everything seemed right with the world.  As they sat and ate cake Brinn realize Gus and Shelby weren’t here. “Where are Gus and Shelby?  I thought they would come for cake at least.”


“Your brother has been spending every light hour at the new house.” Brian said, “Oh and Shelby isn’t working since she isn’t teaching right now so I don’t care where she is.”


“Dad, that is mean.”


“Well, Brinn, she is your teacher.  What else or who else she does is none of my business.”


Molly stepped in.  “How about we take a walk down to the cottages and then you can help Shelby with Paul while I run out to the house.  I have some news to tell Gus.”



The rest of the weekend and the next week went quickly.  Summer was quickly coming to an end. Dan had gotten moved to his new place. Molly and Gus had begun planning for their new business and Brian had shown Molly the two spaces he had mentioned.  He had been right. The two smaller businesses joined would be the perfect space and the joining of the upstairs would make a great living space. There was plenty of room for two bedrooms and a great living area.  She had already started sketching some ideas for Gus who promised he would be ready to assist in a couple of weeks.


It was more than a week since Molly and Tyler had been locked up together and she hadn’t heard anything from him.  She wasn’t sure if that was good or bad. She hated to admit it but she would like to see him again. Maybe it was because they had gone through the trauma together. She wanted to talk to him.    Molly decided to run into town and get some measurements for the new space. Starting to get the rough plans in place would take her mind off what was troubling her.


Molly got out of the car and reached into the back to get her briefcase.  “Molly! Hey Molly!” Molly turned to see Tyler running up to her. “I heard you were here,” Tyler came up beside her and said, “Can I walk you in? We can talk along the way?”


“Sure, Tyler.” He carried her briefcase for her and she opened the door to the building.  Tyler held the door open for her and Molly brushed against him as she walked by. He was sure she had done it on purpose.  “So, you needed to talk to me?” She sat down on a step and looked up at him.

“Um,” Tyler lost his whole train of thought looking into Molly’s eyes.


After a long pause, Molly said, “Tyler are you alright?”


“Oh, I’m sorry.  I need you to come into the station just to sign a report I typed up. I…..”


“What happened to the bossy, incharge guy that drives me crazy?”


“I…” without any  warning Tyler snatched her to her feet and he kissed her.  When Tyler pulled away they were both flushed. “I am so sorry, I had no intention of doing that but I looked down and you were so beautiful and I…” Tyler lowered his mouth to hers again.  


Molly didn’t think.  She leaned into him and with her arms around his waist she pressed against him. This time when they separated they were both out of breath.  “Wow,” was all either of them could say.


After they stood there for  a minute Tyler finally managed to speak, “Can you come over to the station maybe around 4:45 and then after you sign the statement we could grab a bite to eat. Ever since last Friday I just feel like we need to talk.”


“I have never heard that called talking before but, if Shelby will watch Paul that sounds good.  I will text you after talking to Shelby. Um,” Molly stood on her tiptoes and pressed her whole body against him.  “Can we make dinner sex at your house?” WHERE DID THAT COME FROM! Molly screamed to herself in her head.


“What?”


“You heard me.  I want you. I know you aren’t a con and if I’m not with a man soon I am going to go crazy.”  With that Molly ran up the stairs. Once out of his sight, Molly stopped and leaned against the wall so she didn’t collapse.  She heard Tyler leave the building. She never had sex on a whim. What was she doing? Sex was supposed to be something that just happened after you dated and felt something for each other.  But the hell with it. She had needs and that stunning man seemed interested enough to be willing to help her out. She pulled out her phone and called Shelby.


“Hey Molly, what’s up?”


“Are you alone?”


“Well, I have your son with me since I am watching him for you but other than Paul I’m alone.”


“Shelby I did something that might be really stupid.”


“Molly, you never do anything stupid. What did you do?”


“I told Tyler Harris I wanted sex with him tonight, at his place.”


“You what?”  Shelby couldn’t stop herself.  She started laughing. “You didn’t tell me you had a meeting with the hunk. God, he is gorgeous.”


“I didn’t have a meeting with him.  He must have called one of the guys and they told him I was in town.  He needs me to sign a document having to do with the sting and he asked if I wanted to have dinner with him afterward. I don’t know what possessed me!”  Molly had told Shelby what had happened while she had been locked in the room with him. Molly thought he had done it just as something to distract her but Shelby was sure that wasn’t in the CBI handbook.


“Molly, I’m proud of you.  You are taking care of you.  You know Harris is a decent guy.  He is stunning. You are both adults.  I might be a little jealous. You go get him.”


“Are you sure?  I have been leaving Paul with you so much lately.”


“You know I love him like my own.  And Brinn is ready to take him for a walk so I will have a break.  She plans to read to him later. Molly, your son is in good hands and if you want to spend the night don’t worry.  I got your boy.”


“Shelby, I don’t do this.  I have only been with two different men in my life.  What the hell am I doing?”


“Trust me, you know what you are doing and I have no doubt that man has a little more experience than that.  Enjoy yourself.” Molly heard Paul in the background. “Mol, I have to go. Have fun.”


“Thanks, oh, and Shelby, please don’t tell everyone.  Gus is fine but…”


“Ok, Molly.  Talk to you later.” And the line went dead.


Molly got the measurements she needed and then headed to the lingerie shop.  She needed to get a few things. Her boss smiled when Molly told her she had a date.  “That is great, Molly. Let’s see what we can find you.” Molly had just told her boss the day before she was going to need to quit working in the shop but she would keep doing the books. Her boss was thrilled for her.  After Molly found the perfect undergarments her boss tapped on the door. “Molly try this on.” She handed her a light gauzy dress in a deep sapphire blue color. When she stepped out she looked amazing.


“We didn’t have this in our stock did we?”


“I actually just got it in the mail for myself but I could never make it look like that.  Wear it. You are stunning in it.”


The women shared a hug.  “Thank you. It is beautiful.  Are you sure?” Molly asked.


“I am.  I don’t know why I even ordered it. I never wear anything like that.  It is yours. I don’t know who the gentleman is but he is very lucky. Do you have time for me to play with your hair?”


“Sure, I didn’t know what I was going to do the next half hour.” They locked up the shop a few minutes early and 20 minutes later Molly looked in the mirror and had to look twice.  Her hair was partially pulled back and she had ringlet curls around her face. Her lips and cheeks had a rose tint and her eyes were done in smoky blue gray, playing off the color of her eyes and the dress.  “Holy shit. Oh, I’m sorry.”

“You are stunning young lady and that man better appreciate it.  Let me take a picture of you. Send it to that friend of yours and get her opinion.”


It was less than a minute  after sending it that her phone rang. “Hello?”


“Molly, I don’t know what you did in the last couple hours but there is no way that man is going to be able to turn you away.  I can only imagine what you have or don’t have on under that.”


“Thanks, Shelby.  Wish me luck. I am on my way to the station now.”  


As Molly crossed the street she was definitely nervous but she seemed to have a new confidence.  She had always been the meek little girl her daddy wanted her to be. Well, her dad was gone and so was the little girl.  Entering the police station, Molly felt eyes turn her direction. She walked up to the desk and said, “I have an appointment with Detective Harris.”


“Oh ya, Molly Taylor, right?  Glad that all turned out last week.”  The young man looked very flustered.


“So am I.  Should I have a seat and wait for him?”  Molly had never felt so in control before.


“Oh sorry, yes, actually if you want to have a seat in the conference room, I will let him know you are here.”


Molly nodded and walked in to the room she had been in a few times before.  She sat down and crossed her shapely legs and waited for Tyler to walk in. While she waited she reviewed the measurements she had taken earlier, making mental notes to talk to Gus about.  Gus had been so busy on that house. It was stunning and Shelby was going to love it. She deserved it.


Deep in thought, the door startled her but when she looked up at Tyler’s face she was sure he looked more surprised than she did. No, not surprised, shocked would be a better word.  His mouth gaped open as he stood in the doorway. She slowly uncrossed her legs and stood up. “Hello Tyler, I hope I wasn’t late.”


Tyler shook his head a bit and finally realized the door was still open so he shut it.  Molly walked toward him. “I was wondering if you were ever going to shut that door.” She stepped into his personal space and kissed him.


“Damn, but you look good enough to…..”


“Eat?  I am hoping that can be arranged.” Tyler grabbed her around the waist and kissed her.


“I am not sure where this Molly came from but I like it even though it scares me a little bit.”


“Do you have the papers I need to sign?”  


“Oh, ya, you can read it if you want to.  I just described our room and the how he took us there.  He is up for kidnapping as well as the other con. He will not talk his way out of this one.”


“And to think I was going to….” Molly shivered.  She glanced at the statement but trusted Tyler and signed it without thoroughly reading it.  “Thanks for making this easy for me.”


“Molly, none of this was easy for you.  How is Paul? He is such a beautiful little guy.”


Molly’s heart fluttered.  She knew she wanted sex with this man but she didn’t really think about it going anywhere.  And then he turned around and was so sweet asking about Paul and it got her wondering if she really did want it to go somewhere.  Molly signed the papers Tyler had given her. She looked at the clock on the wall and said. “Are you off at 5:00?


“Well, I am not exactly on a clock but I planned to be done at 5:00 tonight.”  Tyler looked at her quizzically.


Molly’s arms went around his neck again and her lips brushed his.  “I really don’t know what has gotten into me but I know I want you, Tyler, and I want you soon.”  


Tyler’s strong arms went around her and lifted her off the ground, crushing her lips.  “I live about 10 minutes out of town. You can follow me.”


“Let’s go now, please or, I might not make it that long.”


“Molly Taylor, what am I going to do with you?”


“If you don’t know I will teach you the little I know.”


“You are truly stunning, Molly.  I…. Yes, let’s go home.”


Molly followed him to a row of townhouses.  To her surprise she saw Dan’s car parked in the lot. She pulled up further down, hoping he didn’t recognize hers if he came out. Before she opened her door, Tyler was there.  He offered his hand to her as she stepped out. “You are so stunning. I…”


“Which one is yours?” Molly asked quietly.  Tyler led her to the door and unlocked it.


“I wasn’t expecting company.  I’m afraid it is a little messy.”  Molly shut him up with a kiss. She guided one of his hands to her breast.  He instantly began to run his thumb over her nipple. He brought his mouth to the tops of her breasts scattering kisses with his tongue dipping between them. “Oh, god, take this dress off me.” She raised her hands high above her head and Tyler’s hands slid up her sides, taking the dress with them.   “You are so…” he gently laid the dress across the banister. She was standing in midnight blue lace covering only the most private of areas. Ever so slowly he slid the straps off her shoulders and then unhooked the bra. He added that to the dress. His mouth went from one breast to the other. And soon Molly was gasping.  His mouth went back to hers and carefully he laid her down on the steps. His fingers went under the lace waistband and ever so gently pulled them downward.


“Tyler, please, I need you.”


“In time, Taylor.  Are you always so impatient? We have all night.  Unless you have to get home to Paul.”


“No, Paul is with Shelby.  I need you, please.” Molly started to get up when he gently pushed her back down. He moved between her legs and began to dine. Molly began to whimper as Tyler made her body sing.  He had every nerve ending firing and she cried out as she climaxed in his mouth. He licked and sucked as she trembled. “You still have your clothes…. Please, take off your clothes.”  Tyler picked Molly up like she was no more than a child and carried her up the staircase. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him as he moved upward.


When they arrived in the bedroom, Tyler set her on her feet. “Taylor, I knew you were beautiful but I had no idea.  Can you taste how sweet you are?”


That was the first time she had a hint of her own flavor.  She reached out and slowly unzipped Tyler’s pants. “Tyler, please undress. I want to watch you.  My ex wasn’t much for…”


“Your ex was a fool.” He pulled his shirt tails out slowly and then began to unbutton each button.  He pulled his shirt off. Molly reached out and touched the broad smooth chest. Her mouth slid across the well developed muscles as she worked her way down to his navel.  When her tongue darted in, it was his turn to gasp. Her hand pushed his pants downward and then she slowly pushed the briefs downward. Her hands slid over the tight ass and after he stepped out of his pants.  It was Molly’s turn to drop to her knees. She looked at her prize. He was large, much larger than her ex. As her tongue darted out and licked the tip, Tyler sighed. Her mouth took in the head and then her tongue ran the length of it. She tasted and teased until he couldn’t stand it.  He picked her up off the floor and laid her on the bed. He grabbed a condom and slipped it on and then he slowly entered her. As he moved in and out, she felt her pulse rate increase and when she thought she was at the top he brought her even higher. As she cried out, Tyler joined her and they crested together.  He collapsed on top of her.


“God, Taylor,” was all he could say before he rolled, taking her with him.  When their pulses returned to normal Tyler started over. This time he gave every inch of her body equal attention and as he found every spot that drove her crazy. Now she knew what Shelby was talking about.  After being love like this could she ever live without him.


Late in the night they baked a frozen pizza and ate it on the living room floor watching reruns of MASH.  It wasn’t long before the pizza was gone and they shared a pint of vanilla ice cream but it wasn’t long before the ice cream was being shared off of each other and then it was forgotten altogether as he threw her over his shoulder and took her upstairs again.


As the sun rose, she slipped into her clothes and kissed him.  “I have to get home to Paul, Tyler.”


“I will call you.”


“I hope you do but if we never do this again, I want you to know I learned more tonight than I did with my ex in four year. You made me feel…. I better go.”  She kissed him and left to see her boy.



When Molly had picked up Paul that morning, Shelby took one look at her and smiled.  She swore she could see how good it had been but she didn’t ask for details. She figured some girl’s night after some wine she would get the whole story and if she didn’t it really wasn’t anyone’s business except Tyler and Molly’s.  She just loved seeing the spark in Molly’s eyes. Molly thanked her profusely again and took Paul home.


Molly wasn’t sure what she was thinking when she arrived home but she knew her body was still singing.  Making love with Tyler Harris was beyond anything she had ever felt. Is this what is was like with Shelby and Gus?  Brian and Justin? No wonder they wanted to do it all day every day. Considering half the time she didn’t even like Tyler, she knew this wasn’t a permanent relationship but she planned to enjoy it while it lasted.  


After spending the whole day with Paul, Molly asked Brinn if she would like to take him for a walk while she ran out to talk to Gus.  The only way to catch him these days was to go out to the site. In another two weeks Brinn would be back in classes with Shelby and the weather would start cooling a bit.  She was very excited about getting their new business off the ground. They hoped to be open by the holiday season. That would be a great time to kick off both the sales as people would want gifts and the wine bar as people might have parties to through.  The layout was probably going to allow for a party room unless Gus had a different idea.


Once Paul was strapped in safely and Brinn was going to walk him to the main house where Justin expected them, she was going to run out to the site and then have dinner with them. Molly stretched a bit.  She wasn’t running far but her muscles, including muscles she had never felt before were aching but she was not complaining. In fact, as she stretched her legs, memories from last night flooded her mind and a warm feeling started deep in her core.  As she jogged she decided to take the long way around to the house. It felt good to have her muscles move again. She probably would need to get into better shape to keep up with Tyler’s amazing physique. That man didn’t have an extra ounce of fat on him and that cafe ole colored skin made her want to taste him from his gorgeous eyes  to the soles of his feet. She was now running in a sprint and expanded the run to one more section in the vineyard.


As she turned the corner she looked at the house Gus was building for the love of his life.  It was stunning. It blended in and yet, when you really looked at it, the craftsmanship was seen in every detail.  She jogged the rest of the way. She knew the staircase had finally arrived and once that was installed they were ready to start final touches.  That’s when she would be the busiest and this was special since Shelby had entrusted it to her. She hoped she had chosen well.


“Hey Gus, where are you?” Molly called as she walked in the door. She listened and heard nothing.  “Gus, this staircase is so…” Molly stopped mid sentence when she saw what she had thought was a pile of throw clothes from the painters, made a wheezing noise. It was Gus in a crumpled heap near the far side of the staircase.  “Oh god! GUS!” Molly dropped to her knees next to him. “Gus, can you hear me?” There was no response. She quickly called 911 and told them the location. She was watching Gus’ breathing it was shallow but steady. She put the 911 operator on  hold while she called Mary. Very quickly she told Mary what had happened and asked if she would go to be with Brinn and Paul and send Justin to the new house. She thought Brian was still in town but she couldn’t call him now. She then got 911 back on the line.  Yes, she could feel a pulse. Yes, he was breathing. No, she hadn’t moved him. Where was Justin? The operator asked her to pinch him below the waist to see if he reacted to pain. Molly summed up Gus had fallen from the ladder nailing the staircase in place.


It had probably only been a couple minutes but felt like hours when she heard footfalls. “Molly, Gus!”  Justin called.


“Oh Justin, on the other side of the stairs.  It’s Gus. It looks like he fell. I called the ambulance. I couldn’t just call Shelby but she has to know.”


“Go, go get her.  Gus, son, come on Gussy. Let me see those beautiful eyes.” No reaction. Justin took his hand and squeezed it. Gus responded to nothing.  At the same time, Molly ran to the cottages. She started shouting before she made it to the door.


“What is all the noise for?” Shelby came out the door with a smile but that vanished when she saw Molly’s face.  “Molly, what’s wrong? You look like you’ve….”


“Shelby, you need to come.  It’s Gus.”


“What about Gus?”


“It looks like he fell.  He is just laying there. He isn’t responding.”  By now Shelby had bolted toward the site. An ambulance is on its way.” They ran the rest of the way in silence. Shelby took the steps two at a time into the house, their future home. He had gotten hurt making their home.  She ran to where Molly pointed. Molly heard the ambulance in the distance so went back to the main drive to help direct them to the house. When she saw Jim was already there on one of the carts she ran back to Gus.


Shelby had collapsed at Gus’ side. She was on her knees and bent over him.  Molly couldn’t hear what she was saying but she was stroking his face and kissing him. “The ambulance is almost here.  Jim is directing them.” Justin put his arm around Molly as much to comfort himself as to support her. “Brian! We need to tell Brian. I will call him. You stay with your son.” Molly kissed Justin on the cheek and stepped away.  She wasn’t sure why but she called Dan’s number and when he didn’t pick up she called Tyler’s number instead of Brian.


“Hey, Taylor, I didn’t expect a phone call quite this early.” Tyler’s voice was soft and sexy.


“Tyler, there’s been an accident.”


Tyler went into business mode, “Is Paul Ok?”


“It’s Gus.  Brian’s in his office in town.  I don’t want him to hear this on the phone and try to drive to the hospital.  Can you go to his office and drive him? I think it’s bad. He hasn’t responded at all.”  Molly was sure she heard him moving.


“I’ll see you at the hospital. I will track Brian down and tell the desk to send Dan if he comes back in.”


“Thank you, Tyler. I….will see you soon.”


The next fifteen minutes was a blur.  Gus was put on a stretcher and loaded onto the ambulance.  Shelby climbed in with him and the doors were shut. Jim gave them a ride on one of the carts to the main house.  Brinn wanted to come along and Justin didn’t have time to argue with her. Mary assured them she had Paul and Molly got behind the wheel so Justin could sit in the back with Brinny.  They need each other right now.

 

They arrived at the hospital about 5 minutes after the ambulance and Brian was standing in the emergency waiting room trying to get information from the nurse.  Tyler stood nearby and the moment he saw Molly he was at her side. And now the waiting game began.