- Text Size +

Chapter 7



Tyler and Brian arrived moments ahead of the ambulance.  The nurse said the ambulance was three minutes out. As the ambulance pulled in Shelby came out of the ambulance first and stepped out of the way so the paramedics could pull Gus off the ambulance. Shelby followed the gurney into emergency where Brian rushed forward.   All that was said was Gus had not come to yet and they needed to get him in for a scan.


Brian looked at Shelby, “What happened?” he said harshly.


“I don’t know,” Shelby said tearfully.  “He was alone. Molly found him. It looks like he fell off a ladder.”


“And why is he building that grand a house.  It’s because of you. Why is he obsessed with that rather than doing what a 20 year old should do?” Why are you here, anyway? Where is Justin?” Brian waved a hand like an emperor did to a subject.


Shelby reacted as if she had been hit and withdrew to a corner. Tyler had never seen that side of Brian.  He had been so easy to work with when it came to the sting. Where did that all come from, he wondered.


The doors opened and Justin, Molly, and Brinn rushed in.  Justin rushed to Brian with Brinn at his side. Brian’s arms went around both of them.  “Why didn’t you come in with him?” Brian asked.


“Shelby was with him.” Justin made it a statement that wasn’t to be questioned.


Molly found herself in Tyler’s arms.  Softly he said, “Shelby needs you.” He nodded toward the corner. “Brian really laid into her.”  Molly rushed over to her,sat down, and took her in her arms. She didn’t know what to say so she just held her.Tyler sat on the other side of Shelby just so she could feel support even though she didn’t know him at all.


When the doctor came out, Molly guided Shelby over to him as well. She nearly shrunk from Brian’s glare.  Justin noticed the interaction. The doctor let them know nothing was broken but they were waiting for a brain scan to return. They had put a rush on it but it would probably take about an hour.  If one of them wanted to come sit with him they could but everyone else had to stay out here.


“Brian, go to your son. You haven’t had time with him yet.”


Brian turned and glared at Justin.  “Don’t say it like that. He isn’t dead.” He leaned down and kissed Brinn before following the doctor.


Justin turned and pulled Shelby to him.  “He is just scare, honey. He doesn’t know what he’s saying.”


“He hates me.  He has always hated me and now he blames me for this.” Shelby dissolved in Justin’s arms.


Tyler noticed the crushed look on Brinn’s face. He squatted down to Brinn’s level.  “Hi Brinn, I’m Tyler. I’m a friend of your Aunt Molly and your dads. I’m afraid they aren’t going to let you in to see him.  Would you like to come help me get some food and drinks for everyone.”


Brinn looked up at Molly and her dad. Molly pulled Brinn to her and hugged her.  “Tyler’s a good guy. You know what we all like to drink and you know what snacks we like.  Could you help him out?”


Brinn nodded and when Tyler offered his hand she took it.  Molly reached up and kissed his cheek. She mouthed the words, thank you, and they walked away.  Justin had guided Shelby to a chair so he didn’t see the kiss. Molly went and sat on the other side of Shelby.  


“What is Brian’s problem?”


“Right now he’s scared shittless.”


“I know that but he doesn’t have to take it out on Shelby.”


“I’m know.  I have been trying to get him to see that this isn’t some infatuation or, sorry Shelby, a gold digger.  “I know better but Brian just has a block for some reason.”


“Well, he is being an asshole.”  Molly said.


“I agree.” Justin stated. “But now isn’t the time to push him on this.  I’m sorry, Shelby, I will do everything I can to get you in but as much as I know I am Gus’ dad on paper I never have been.”


“I only want what’s best for Gus,” Shelby said through tears.  “I’ll take Brinn home and watch Paul.”


“Shelby, you are in no shape to drive,” Molly put her arm around her.


Brinn and Tyler came around the corner.  They had a tray with a few things to eat and drink.  Molly smiled, seeing that Brinn did have everyone’s favorite and then she looked at Tyler who was totally focused on her. Molly laid a hand on Tyler’s arm and they both felt something pass between them. She guided him back to the hall, “Tyler, would you mind driving Shelby and Brinn back to the vineyard.”


“Are you sure? I mean Shelby….”


“She doesn’t want to cause any more stress and you saw how unreasonable Brian is being.”


“Oh, I meant to tell you, Dan is on his way here.”  He called me about something and I didn’t think you would mind I told him.


“No, maybe Brian will listen to Dan.”  


“How about I hang around here until they get the results back and then if you want me to drive them back I would be glad to.  I’m not going anywhere.” He took her in his arms and kissed her. For just a second she let herself draw support from him but then she pulled away.  


“I can’t….right now I have to….”


“I know, Taylor, but know I am here if you need anything and if you need me to watch Paul or Paul and Brinn, I am here.”


“Oh, Tyler,” Her arms went around his neck again and he held her.  


“Molly?” Dan came up behind her.  


She stepped out of Tyler’s arms.  “Hi Dan, We are waiting for a report from the doctor.”  I am sure Justin will be glad to you have you here. Brian’s a raving maniac.”  


As the three walked in from the hall Brian was just coming from Gus’ side as the doctor came out to talk to everyone.  Molly and Dan went to support Shelby. Brian grumbled to Justin. “Why is she still here?”


The doctor began to talk,  “I just reviewed the scan results and Gus has a severe concussion with mild brain swelling.  This should go down over time but, if it swells too much or if it stays swollen too long they might need to do surgery.”  He said they could take turns sitting with him but one at a time. And they could just go home and they would call if he stirred at all. “He is being settled into ICU.  A nurse will let you know when one of you can go sit with him. The next 48 hours are very important to see some kind of response.” The doctor shook Brian and Justin’s hands before leaving them.


“His Dad and I will stay.”


“I’m staying, too.”  Molly said. “If you won’t let Shelby in, he has to know she loves him and I will tell him over and over.”  Molly glared at Brian.


“You could go home, too.” Brian said looking at Molly.


“Brian, stop it.  Molly is staying.” Brian slumped a little and nodded toward her.  He pulled Justin into his arms and held on. “We all love Gus, Baby.  I know you are scared. We all are.” Justin kissed him and Brian buried his head in Justin’s neck.  


Molly nodded at Tyler and walked over to Brinn.  “Hey, Brinny, I need to ask you a favor. Shelby is going back home and I don’t want her home alone.  Do you think you could go with her and help take care of Paul?”

“Aunt Molly, I know you just think it would be better if I went home but I will.  I am getting tired and they won’t let me see my brother anyway.” Molly hugged her.  


“Tyler will drive you two home.”  Molly turned to him, “thank you, Tyler.”


“Anytime, Taylor. Why don’t you walk us to the car?”  When they got to the car Tyler kissed her once more. Molly heard Brinn gasp. “See you soon.”


Molly walked around and hugged Shelby and Brinn.  Softly she whispered in Brinn’s ear, “Can we keep this secret for a little while.  Justin and Brian don’t need to be thinking about me.”


“Of course, Aunt Molly.” They hugged.  “I won’t say anything.” Molly kissed her still dark head and walked back into the hospital.


Brinn and Shelby sat in the back seat.  Shelby clung to Brinn tightly but Brinn seemed to understand and comforted her.  “It’s Ok, Shelby. I know my dad is being a pain but Gus loves you and Dad can’t change that.  Daddy loves you as much as I do.”


“Thank you, Brinny.  I love you too.”


Back in the hospital Justin went to sit with Gus.  He held his hand and spoke softly to him about fun activities from when he was little.  And he talked about when he was missing and how scared he was then. And he told him how much everyone loved him.


Out in the waiting room Brian and Molly sat in silence.  Finally Brian said, “I suppose you think I’m an ass, too.”


“Yes, I do.”  Molly’s answered.


“He’s my son.  I want what’s best for him.”


“I know you love him, Brian, but do you want what’s best for him or what works best for you?”  Brian glared at her for a minute but then he crumbled before her. She closed the gap between them and put her arms around him.  Brian leaned into the comfort of Molly’s loving arms.


After Brian collected himself, he sat back up.  They sat in silence for a while. “Brian,” Molly started.


“Don’t Molly, I can’t deal with this right now.”  Molly stopped and reached for his hand without another word.


As time went on Justin came out and Molly took a turn sitting with Gus. She knew they wanted to be with him but she also knew they needed time together. Molly actually told Justin to take Brian out the the vehicle and do whatever it would take to calm them both down.  She kissed Justin, “At least get a little fresh air or a nap. It is after midnight and you two just need each other. I will text if anything changes.” She lead them both to the door. “Go.”


Justin put his arm around Brian.  “Let’s get some fresh air and coffee.  Molly will call if she needs us.” Once they were out the door she called Shelby.  “Did something happen? Please tell me he is…”


“Honey, there is no change but I am going to his room and I want you to talk to him.  Maybe hearing your voice will help him surface and I am working on Brian. How’s my boy?”  


“Paul is sleeping like an angel.  Brinn is sleeping, too. Tyler is here.  He didn’t want to leave me alone.” Very quietly she said, “He’s a keeper, Molly.  He is real in every way.”


Molly walked into Gus’ room.  Shelby could hear her say, “Gus, Shelby wants to talk to you.  I will hold the phone for you.” She put it to his ear and listened.


“Hey Gussy,  darling, I love you so much.  I need you to wake up so we can move into our beautiful house. Oh, please, please come back to me.  I need you. We need to make beautiful children together. Oh, Gus…” Molly removed the phone knowing Shelby was breaking down.  


“Hey, Tayler,” Molly heard Tyler’s voice come over the phone. “I will stay as long as I am needed.  Shelby is hanging in there pretty good.”


“Thank you, Tyler,” Molly choked out. “I don’t know what to say.”


“I promise we will find a way to thank me when your nephew is back home and healthy.”


“Tyler,  I…. I’m glad you’re there.”  Molly hung up and held Gus’ hand and started talking softly to him. She told him his moms were on their way and John and Peter and their families decided it would be a good time to come for a visit.  She just rambled on.



Justin lead Brian to the SUV.  “Let’s sit here for a while. It is quiet and just out of the hospital.” They got in the back seat together and instinctively they started kissing.  Justin started unzipping Brian’s pants. “Brian, I want you. I want to feel you. I want to taste you.”


“Justin, I don’t know…” Justin pulled out his cock and brought his mouth down on it.  “Oh, god, Sunshine…” Justin felt like he had found a feast. He licked and sucked but there was no response.


After a few minutes Brian pulled Justin up. “I’m sorry, Sunshine.  I just...I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”


Justin kissed Brian.  “Oh, Baby,” Justin’s hand stroked his cheek. “We are both under so much stress and we handle it differently. I love you.  I needed this. I just needed time with you.”


Brian reached over and undid Justin’s zipper.  “Brian, you don’t have too.”


“Sunshine, when has it ever been a chore for me to suck your amazing cock and feeding off of you.”  Brian’s mouth slid down on him and Justin nearly lost it instantly. It wasn’t long before Justin exploded.  He felt the connection between them that he needed. He felt a new burst of energy. It was his turn to pull Brian up and he kissed him.


“Oh, Baby, Thank you.  I so needed that.”

Brian looked into his eyes.  “We better go check on our son.”


“I’m so scared, Baby.”


“Me, too, Sunshine, but he has to make it.”


“Brian, Shelby…”


“Don’t say it, Justin.”  Brian said sharply. Softer he said, “Please, not now.” He kissed him once more and opened the door.


They returned to the waiting room to do just that...wait.



Lindsay came rushing into the ICU waiting room and fell into Brian’s arms.  “Is there any news? Has he woke up yet?”


Brian waited a second as Mel joined them.  “No, he hasn’t stirred. They are running a new scan in a few minutes. We are hoping the pressure isn’t any higher.” Brian gave Melanie a kiss and hug, too. “Sunshine is with him right now.  He will come here when Gus goes for his test. Oh, and Molly is around. She was getting us some coffee. Real coffee from the coffee shop. Do you want some? She can bring some for you, too.”


Mel put a hand on Brian’s shoulder, “You’re rambling, Kinney.”


Justin came out as Molly returned. He introduced her although she had met them some time ago.  “Molly, why don’t you go spend some time with Paul and Shelby. I am sure they could both use you and you could use some sleep. Are you good to drive? Otherwise Dan will drive you.”

“I’ll be fine. Call me if….”


“I will, Mollusk.  Thanks for hanging here for us.” They hugged as she left the unit.


“I was thinking Shelby would be here.  I want to meet the woman that won our son’s heart.” Lindsay saw Brian bristle. “Don’t tell me you did something? Brian!”


“Kinney, why can’t you ever let people live their own lives? Do we know how long this will last? The test I mean.”


“It shouldn’t be too long,” Justin kissed Mel on the cheek.  “Your grandbabies will be her later today.”


A smile crossed both women’s faces.  “I hate why I get to see them but I am very excited to do so.”


The four parents sat down and waited until they could go back in.



Molly arrived at the vineyard at sunrise. Tyler stepped out onto the porch.  “Shelby just fell asleep,” he said in a stage whisper. “She hasn’t slept yet.”


Molly walked up to him and into his arms.  When had she gotten so bold? “Tyler, I …” His mouth cut her off. He walked backward until he was up against the swing.  He sat down and before he realized it Molly had straddled him. She pulled his zipper down and pulled out his growing cock.  


“Molly, we can’t.”


“Why,” she leaned against his chest and kissed him. “I need you.  I had never felt like the way you made me feel. I didn’t know I could feel so much.”


“Taylor, I don’t have a condom.”


“Don’t move.” Molly moved off his lap and ran into the house. A moment later she came out with a little foil packet.  Before going back to her position, she slipped her underwear off and then straddled him again.


Tyler moaned loudly.  He moved his hand between his legs and inserted a finger deep into her.

He moved her dress to expose her bra and latched on to her nipple through the material.  His tongue stroked and stroked until she felt the dampness. She threw her head back. When he bit down enough for her to feel it she cried out.  He then went to the other nipple the cool morning air on the damp bra and Tyler’s ministrations was already pushing her to the edge. Using both her hands, she tilted Tyler’s head up and her mouth descended on his. As she did so he thrust his fingers in hard and then separated them.  He caught her cry with his mouth. Her hands now went between their legs and she undid his fly, gently taking out his large cock. He slipped the condom on and she moved so she could lower herself onto him.


Molly sighed as she felt full.  She felt ….she felt whole. Tyler positioned himself freeing his hips to thrust upward and the force he used to enter her nearly made her cry out.  She bit her lip so she didn’t wake the house. Tyler grasped her hips and press them down onto his erection and soon his body trembled and then his hand moved between her legs and he reached for her clit.  He had barely touched her and her head flung back as her body was wracked with wave after wave of pleasure. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her against his chest. And Molly was asleep.


Fifteen minutes later he heard a noise and realized he still had the baby monitor in his pocket.  Tyler lifted Molly gently and laid her on the swing, covering her with his shirt the best he could and slipped into the house to get Paul.   “Hello, big guy. Did you sleep well?” Paul cooed. “Oh, someone is very soggy. Let’s get you a dry diaper.”


Molly woke when she heard Paul’s voice coming from the baby monitor that had fallen out of  Tyler’s pocket when he had zipped his pants. She listened to Tyler. “Let’s see if I can find you some clean clothes.  Oh, here we go.” As Tyler talked to Paul, he talked back the whole time.” Her men having a conversation. Could she really be in love with this man, already?


“Did you know your mama is hard to figure out?  I think I might be falling for her but we are very different people, or are we a lot alike? Let’s go see if I can find you something to eat.  Your mama needs to sleep.” Molly walked into the bedroom.


“Good morning.”  Molly said softly, kissing both of them on the cheek.


‘Mamamama.”  


“Hello my beautiful boy.” Paul reached for her and she picked him up. She pulled him close for a moment. “Let’s go find both of you some breakfast.”


“Molly, you need to sleep.  I am sure this guy would like some scrambled eggs and some cereal.  I can get that for him. Lay down, please.”


Molly had to admit she was exhausted. “Are you sure? Tyler you got forced into this all….”


“I did not get forced.  I think I volunteered. Paul, let’s tuck your mom in and then we will get your breakfast.”  He set Paul into the crib for a minute as he turned to her and in one fell swoop stripped her dress off and then undid her bra.  He took a long look at her and then slid an arm around her waist and brought her close for a kiss. “Now get in bed. I can’t believe I am saying that and not joining you.” As he bent to kiss her once more her hand slipped outward and brushed his crotch. He growled deep in his throat.


“Please wake me up when Shelby wakes.”


“I promise. Sleep, my love.”  Tyler picked up Paul and walked out with him.


Did he call me his love? Molly drifted off to sleep with that ringing in her ears.



As Paul ate the breakfast Tyler had made him, Brinn appeared around the corner.  “Hello, Mr. Tyler. Is Shelby sleeping?”


“She is and Molly came home to sleep for a while, too.”


“Have you heard how my brother is doing?”  Brinn asked concerned.


“Gus was still sleeping last I heard.”


“I am afraid he isn’t sleeping.  He has swelling on his brain. My daddy almost died from his brain getting hurt.  Is Gus going to die?”


“Oh, sweetheart,” Tyler picked up the worried young girl and she held onto his neck. When he felt her grip loosen he set her down gently.  “Do you like scrambled eggs? I can make some and some toast maybe?”


“I can make the toast.” Brinn offered. “Would you like some, too?”


Molly woke up two hours later and called Justin.  “Any change?”


“No, Molly.  He hasn’t stirred yet. Did you get some sleep?”  


“I got a couple hours.  Would you like me to come back?”


“Just stay there for now.  Spend some time with Paul and Brinn.  I will call you if there is any change.”


“Ok, Justin, Shelby needs to be there.”


“Mol, I know but right now I can’t go against Bri.”  Molly hung up in frustration.


She left her room and peeked into the room Shelby was sleeping in,  Shelby was thrashing around in the bed. She must have been having a bad dream.  Molly got in bed with her and pulled Shelby to her. “Gus?”


“Sorry, Shelby, it’s just me. There’s no change.”  Shelby curled into Molly, drawing comfort from her.


After a few minutes Shelby pulled away.  “Where are Paul and Brinn?


“WIth Tyler. He is such a great guy,”  Molly sighed.


“Molly, I won’t argue.  If I were you I would keep that one.”


“Shelby, I think I might, I can’t believe I am saying this. I think I am falling in love with him.”


“You’d be a fool if you didn’t.  I need to see Gus. I was dreaming he was calling my name when I woke up. I can’t be away from him when I feel like he is calling me.”


“Then I will take you there. Why don’t you shower and get ready.  I will see if Mary can take Paul and Brinn. She won’t like it but it is best if she stays here.”  Then Tyler can go home.” Molly sighed saying his name.


“You have it bad.” Shelby smiled at her friend.


“No, I won’t let myself be stupid.  I almost let Andrew fuck me and look where he is.  My judgement stinks, but right now nothing matters but your Gus.  Go, get ready and I will to. Let’s plan to leave in an hour.”


An hour later, Paul was happily playing Chantel at Jim and Mary’s house. Tyler walked Molly and Shelby to the car.  Tyler hugged Shelby and said some encouraging words. He then walked Molly to the driver’s side. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her.  “Tyler, I don’t know how to thank you. You helped out so much. When this is all over I will make it up to you.”


“You don’t owe me anything.  This is what friends do for friends.  And I look forward to spending more time with you once Gus is all better and back home with Shelby. Are you sure you don’t want me to come to the hospital?  Will Brian be Ok with her there?”


“No he won’t be Ok but everyone else is on our side so he won’t do anything drastic.” Molly leaned against Tyler, drawing strength from him. She touched her lips to his once more and then got in the car.



The hospital offered an empty room for the family to use so throughout the night the four parents took turns getting a little sleep.  The nurse allowed two to sit with Gus. The doctor decided if quiet conversations were going on with familiar voices might help him surface.  The last scan had shown the swelling in his brain was going down but since he hadn’t woke up yet they were afraid they had missed something. They didn’t want to put him through more tests but if he didn’t show some reaction soon they would have to.


Justin and Mel were resting while Lindsay and Brian sat with Gus. They had been talking about what was going on in their lives and with their families when Lindsay looked over at Brian, “Will you tell me why you don’t like Shelby?” Lindsay asked gently.


“It’s not that I don’t like her.  She has done amazing work with Brinn.  My nine year old will be starting high school level work in a couple weeks but she isn’t right for our son.”


“He seems to think she is.”  


Brian slumped.  “Do you know she is a lot older than he is?”


“Yes, but Gus has been mature for his age.  I think he passed you up when he was about 13.”


“If it wasn’t for her he wouldn’t have built such an amazing house.  It is stunning but ….”


“Brian, you just discredited yourself.  Gus is a great designer and I can’t wait to see it.  So what is the real reason you don’t like her.”


“Alright, alright.  Gus always enjoyed women as well as men but I was sure he would settle down with some nice guy and then she came along…”


“And our son fell in love. Don’t you remember what it felt like to fall in love?  You fought it so long but love always wins, Brian. It has to.” Lindsay ran her hand down Brian’s cheek. “We have raised a smart young man.  We need to let him make his own decisions.”


Brian’s spine stiffened again, “Well, while he can’t make his own decisions, I will make them for him.” He looked over at Gus and noticed his lips move.  “Lindz, his lips are moving. He’s trying to talk!”


Lindsay rushed to him and took his hand.  “Gus, it’s Mom. Oh, son, please talk to me.”  Lindsay brought her ear down to his mouth.


In the softest of whispers Gus said, “Where’s my Shelly?”


Tears sprang to her eyes as Lindsay said, “We will get her here, Gussy. You rest and she will be here when you wake up.”


“I need to find the doctor.”  Brian said.


“I will go and tell Mel and Justin and I will have Justin call Shelby.”


“You will do no such thing.  I told you she isn’t going to….”


“Brian, you are not going to keep the one thing our son asks for away from him.” Lindsay said it in a whisper but the effect was harsh and the message clear.


They both left the room on a mission.  Brian had the nurse call the doctor and went back to be with Gus.


Lindsay ran into the room Mel and Justin were using.  They were laying together on one bed dozing. “He talked!  He talked to me. He wants Shelby. Call Shelby, Justin!” Lindsay ran into Mel’s arms and they kissed.  


“Is he awake now?”  Melanie asked. “No but I promised him Shelby would be here when he woke up.”

“Lindsay, what did Brian say when Gus said that?”


“Fuck Brian!  Our son wants to see the woman he loves. Call her.  I will deal with Brian.”


Justin pulled out his phone and called Molly but there was no answer. “Damn, Molly didn’t answer.  I didn’t want to call Shelby directly but I will call her.” He pressed Shelby’s number and the phone rang.  “Oh, god, Justin don’t tell me ….”


“This is why I tried Molly first.”


“We just pulled into the hospital parking lot.”


“Good, I’ll meet you at the door.”  Justin rushed out of the room figuring Mel and Lindz heard that whole conversation.


Molly and Shelby were rushing in the door as Justin rushed into the waiting area. Justin put his arms around both of them.  “He asked for you,” he said looking a Shelby.


“Brian?”


“We will take care of Brian. Gus’ moms will help. I am going to get him out of the room.  Molly, come with me.” Justin took her hand and led her down the hall. They entered Gus’ room and Justin walked over to Brian.  Hey, let’s go find the doctor and ask him what this means. Molly just got back and will sit with him. Come on, let’s find him!”  Justin pulled Brian out of the room.


Molly quickly texted a room number to Shelby and she came into Gus’ room.  


Shelby looked at Gus in the bed and moved to his side.  She leaned over and kissed him gently. “Gus, it’s Shelby.  Oh, Gussy, say something to me. Squeeze my hand. Open your eyes.”


Shelby felt his fingers tighten around her hand. “Oh, Gus.”  Tears ran down her face and Molly put her arm around Shelby.


As Gus’ eyes began to flutter open Justin, Brian, and the doctor walked in followed by Mel and Lindsay.  “He’s coming out of it.” Shelby sobbed.


Brian glared at Justin, “Get her out of here.”


In unison Mel and Lindsay said, “Shut up, Brian, she stays.”  The look Brian shot them could have stopped a bullet but the moms brushed it off.


The doctor walked to the other side of the bed and looked into Gus’ eyes. Then he took Gus’ free hand and said, “Gus, can you squeeze my hand?” Gus responded by getting a tight grip on the doctor’s hand. “That’s great. Gus, are you in any pain?”


“Headache.  I have a headache. How long was I out?”


“24 hours, about.” Molly chimed in.


“Kinda sore all over.”


“That is from the fall I’m sure. You are a very blessed young man.  You have a family that truly loves you and it appears you will be just fine.  We will need to do one more scan on your head and run one more set of blood work just to make sure. Right now a quick kiss from everyone and then everyone out of here except the person of Gus’ choice and it looks like he has chosen.”


Gus smiled at his moms and thanked them for coming.  “Gus, we couldn’t do anything but come when you were injured.  We will see you soon, son.” Molly followed the women out the door after her own kiss on Gus’ cheek.


Justin kissed Gus and looked at Brian, “Kiss our son and then we need to leave Shelby and Gus alone.”


“Pops,” Gus’ scratchy voice said as he reached for Brian’s hand.  Brian moved next to Gus, “I love her. Don’t make me choose. I don’t think any of us would be happy about my choice.” Brian kissed him and walked out the door.  Justin followed him.


Brian turned to Justin, “Do you really think Gus would leave us?”


“Would choose me or Peter and John?


“What?” Brian asked agitated.


“Gus loves her, just like I love you and if I had to choose between you and my mom, it would kill me but I would choose you every time.  I couldn’t live without you. That’s how Gus feels about Shelby. Please, don’t make him choose. I couldn’t stand it if he wasn’t in our lives all the time.”


Brian didn’t say anything but pulled Justin close. Justin held onto him tightly.  “Our boy is going to be fine. That’s all that matters.” Brian buried his head in Justin’s neck for some time and then together they walked down the hall to the waiting room.  The mood was light now.


LIndsay walked up to Brian and hugged him. “Our son is going to be fine, Brian. Isn’t that what counts?”


“I still don’t like it but I really don’t have a choice.  It’s accepting that woman or losing my family.”


“I’m glad you know what’s important.”  Lindsay kissed Brian. It was long and intense.  She was the only woman that could kiss him like that.  He pulled her close and returned the feeling and depth. When the separated, Lindsay looked a little flushed and Mel looked furious.  “Lindsay, let’s go to the hotel and clean up, now.” She snapped.


Lindsay’s mouth came down on Melanie’s and when she stepped back she said,  “Oh chill out, at least until we get to the hotel.” Lindsay’s hand went down between Mel’s legs and pressed upward as her mouth went to Mel’s neck.


“Oh, god, we will see you later.  Let us know when the babies are coming in.”  Mel grabbed her wife’s hand and led her out of the hospital.


Molly walked over to Justin and Brian.  “Go home. Brinn needs to see you and you need some solid sleep.  I will stay here and let you know what the doctor says.”


Justin looked and Brian and then nodded.  “Thanks, Molly.” He kissed her cheek and she turned to Brian.  He just nodded and reached for Brian’s hand.


“Brian, I know you aren’t happy with me for bringing Shelby but it was the right thing to do.” Justin led him out the door.



Shelby sat next to Gus’ bed and he slept.  Molly stuck her head in and asked if she needed something and she said she was fine so Molly walked back to the waiting room to find Tyler sitting there. “I figured someone I knew would surface. Where is everyone?”


Molly threw herself into his arms, “Gus woke up!  He is going to be fine.” He lifted her off the ground and spun her around.


“That is great news!” His mouth came down on hers.  They moved to a corner of the room. That sat in a double chair and continued to touch, to kiss.  “Is Shelby with him?” Molly nodded as her hands went between his legs.


She could feel his want in her hand and softly said, “Where can we go?”  



The nurse at the reception desk couldn’t help but notice what they were doing. “Um, Molly is it?


“Yes, are the reports back?”


“Oh, no. I’m afraid it will be at least an hour.  I just thought I would let you know that the room they set aside for Gus’ family is still available if you need to….rest.”


Molly smiled at the girl, “Thank you.  What number was that?”


She gave the number and then said, “It will be assigned to your family as long as Gus is here.”


“Thanks,” Tyler smiled at the girl as he walked past her.  Her heart skipped a beat and she thought, some girls have all the luck, as she watched him walk away, a low whistle on her lips.


Tyler scooped Molly up and laid her on the bed. As he undid his fly he looked down at her.  “I never knew I loved sundresses so much. He yanked her to the edge of the bed and shoved the dress above her waist.  She wasn’t sure where it came from but he slipped a condom on and using a finger to move her underwear over he thrust in. She groaned at the invasion and then felt something new.  As he slowly moved in and out he placed a finger on her bud and began to run his finger around the edges of it.


“Tyler, I have never had anything…”


“I will stop if you want me to.”


“No, I trust you, just take it slow.”


He bent over her buried deep inside her, as his mouth claimed hers he slowly entered her anus. He pressed against the inner wall so he could actually feel his own penis move in and out.


“Oh god, oh god, oh god, was all she could say as her body rejected logic and he actually put his hand on her mouth to muffle the scream.  To add to the tension in her body, his mouth came down on the thin fabric of the dress. He could tell she had no separate bra on, only what the dress had for support.  He began to lick the dress, feeling her nipple strain the material. As his teeth attempted to bite it lightly, every muscle in her body spasmed and when he felt her grab on to both his finger and his cock, he arched backward and slammed into her three times before collapsing on top of her.


Moment’s later he rolled off of her. “You are incredible.  I have never known someone so responsive, so unbelievably beautiful.”


“I am sure you have had your pick of beautiful women and I am sure many of them were prettier than I am.”


“You would be wrong. Your beauty comes from within as well as the outer appearance.”


“My ex, always treated sex more like an obligation or just a way to get his own rocks off.  He really wasn’t creative. You taught me more in the last few days then I learned from four years with him.”


“He was a fool.”


“Thanks to Justin and Brian, I will never have to deal with him.  His name was left on the birth certificate but Paul’s last name is Taylor. He has no rights to my boy. Tyler, you said you had a child once but you don’t anymore.  What did you mean? Did you have a child that died?”


“Molly, can we talk about this another time.  I promise I will tell you all of it but not now.  We are celebrating Gus.”


“Sure, Tyler, later.”  They repositioned themselves on the single bed and both dozed off.



Brian and Justin talked with Brinn and told her Gus was fine and would probably be home tomorrow.  They had a bite to eat and then Brinn went back to Chantel so her dads could sleep. Brian put his arm around Justin and they went to their room.  After stripping they both laid in bed. Justin pressed up against Brian and let his hand glide down Brian’s body. His fingers ran through the trimmed hair just above his flaccid dick. His fingers played there for several moments with no change in his cock.


“Baby, is something wrong?”


“Like what?”


“Brian, you know what.   I know we are both exhausted and we need sleep but normally, finding out Gus was fine would have energized you. But lately….”


“Our son is in the hospital.  What do you want from me?”


“All I want is honesty.  Brian, is something wrong? I love you. You have had some issues from time to time lately”


“Sunshine, I don’t know. I’m sorry.  I want you but nothing happens. I love you so much.”   His mouth came down on Justin’s crushing it and the more he kissed him, the harder Justin got but there was still no response from Brian.


“Fuck me, Sunshine, please.”


“Baby, I don’t have to, really.”


“It’s like my body can’t feel anything on its own.  Please, my heart feels you. I want my body to feel.”


Brian laid on his stomach, spreading his legs slightly, and Justin laid on top of him gently sliding into him.  As Justin slid in and out he kissed Brian’s shoulder blades and ran his hands up and down Brian’s arms, then down his sides.  He wanted to touch as much of this man, his man, as he could.


“That feels really good, Sunshine.”


Justin sped up his movements and then climaxed deep in Brian.  “You feel amazing, Baby.” He slowly slid out. Brian turned on his side, back to Justin.  “Please, Brian, I don’t care about the physical I need you. Our son has survived. We have a beautiful daughter.  I just want YOU to be present.”


Brian rolled over and pressed against Justin.  He turned Justin so his back was to him and they spooned without a word.  Justin soaked in the heat of Brian’s body and a tear ran down his cheek thinking how devastated Brian would be if this was his life forever.  He smiled to himself remembering how Brian had tried viagra years ago. It had nearly killed both of them. There was always hope.



Gus was awake more as the day went on.  He woke up mid afternoon to see Shelby in the chair next to the bed.  “I can think of a place that would be much better for you.”


“And where would that be?”


He patted the bed next to him and then moved over slightly.  “Come here, Shelly.” She stood up and shimmied into his bed.  He brought his head down to her and his hand started rubbing her through her shorts. Soon he found his way down into her shorts and his finger began to rub her clit. Soon she was gasping and thrusting toward his finger.


“Oh, Gus, I am going to cum.  I can’t…” When Gus thrust his fingers deep into her he caught her cry with his mouth.  He brought his fingers to his mouth and made a show of licking every finger.


“Tomorrow night I will make love to you the way you deserve to be made love to.”


“I don’t think that will be on the doctors do list when you get home but at least we will be able to lay in a real bed with room to move.”


“That will be enough for me, just to know I can be with you.” They both took a nap.  


Molly and Tyler had stopped by but then went back to the vineyard and when Brian called later Gus told them to stay home.  He was fine and Shelby was keeping him company. He knew all the family would be there soon, which he thought was ridiculous but it would be great seeing them tomorrow when he got out.


Mel and Lindsay stopped by at dinner time and brought burgers and fries with sodas for all of them for dinner.  Mel and Lindsay asked Shelby lots of questions to get to know her. They found her smart and witty and couldn’t imagine what Brian’s problem was with her.  Shelby left the room for a few minutes and Gus asked, “So Moms, isn’t the best?”


“Gus, I know Brian has issues with her but your Shelby is great.  I am glad you found each other.” Lindsay said.


Mel  agreed, “I really like her.  Don’t let Brian bully you. I am looking forward to seeing this new house you are building.  I have heard it is amazing.”


When Shelby returned Gus was telling his moms about the house. Shelby sat on the edge of the bed and both his moms noticed how she made sure Gus’ pillows were comfortable for him.  This woman loved their son. Brian Kinney be damned.


Shortly after Mel and Lindsay let, there was a knock on the door. “Come in,” Gus called.  Dan and another man walked in.


“Hey, Gus, I hear you scared everyone for nothing.”  Dan walked over and kissed Shelby first and then kissed Gus. “I’m very glad to see you are feeling well.  Oh, I’m sorry, Marcus, come up here and meet a couple friends of mine. This is Shelby,” they shook hands, “And this is Gus.”  Gus extended his hand and Marcus took it. “Gus is going to build my new house. Marcus is my realtor. We just had dinner together.”


As the four of them talked Shelby realized something, “I don’t have a way home.  I never thought of that. I guess I should call the vineyard and see if someone can come get me.  I am sure by now the rest of the family arrived.”


“Don’t call them, we can bring you out there.” Looking over at Marcus he said, “You don’t mind do you?”


“Of course not.  I’ve wanted to see this vineyard you keep talking about.” Gus saw an exchange between the two men and smiled to himself.


Dan looked at Gus and Shelby.  “Why don’t we give you two half an hour.  We will run and grab something to bring along up to the vineyard so I don’t feel guilty stealing more wine.”  Dan smiled at Shelby. You know my car. Let’s meet in the parking lot.”


“Sounds great.  Thanks, Dan.”


Once they had left, Shelby climbed up next to Gus again.  Shelby’s hand moved under the covers and brushed the hospital gown away giving her access to slip her hands into Gus briefs. “Oh, Shelby,” Gus’ back arched as her hand moved.


“Is this alright?  I mean I don’t want to do anything I shouldn’t.”


“Trust me, you touching me is never wrong.” He pulled her down for a kiss.


“Does your head still hurt?”


“Who cares if it does.” Gus moaned. Shelby looked at Gus and then the door.  She lifted the sheet over Gus and ducked under it. “Oh, god, Shelly.” Gus had no control. Her tongue barely touched the tip before Gus had an orgasm.  His whole body shuttered. Shelby licked him a couple more times and then quickly sat back up.


She grinned a sheepish grin,  “I needed dessert and you are the sweetest thing I could think of.” She kissed him once more. ”I will see you in the morning and don’t you ever scare me like that again. I love you, Gussy.”


“I am the luckiest man in the world.  I love you, Shelly. On your ride home see what you can figure out about Dan and his new boyfriend.  He’s hot. I can say that.”


“Don’t get any ideas or Brian will really want to get rid of me.”


“Don’t worry about Brian.  He knows the score. I told him to deal with it.”  They kissed once more and Shelby was out the door.



The vineyard was in full party mode.  Gus was coming home and all the company had arrived to celebrate with them. They all came in on the company jet.  John and Tony’s kids were growing fast. Matty would be in first grade when school started and Jonna was going to start preschool.  

Becca and Peter had their hands full with Clay and Claire.  Since they were Mel’s biological grandchildren Becca and Peter were going to get a little break.  Lindsay and Mel would want to spend as much time with them as they could before they went back home.  Brinn was in her glory. She flitted around the room but always landed back at ‘her John’.


Molly was a little overwhelmed.  She had met John and Peter at the funeral but they had never all been in the same place at the same time.  John definitely favored Brian and Gus. And Tony was almost too beautiful for words. Molly had given her cottage up for Peter and Becca since it was ready for babies and she would stay in the main house while they were here.  They both great couples. You could tell they had a partnership. Her mind wandered to Tyler. She wondered if they would ever be a real couple. She walked over to Justin who had Paul on his lap.


“Justin, I am going to put Paul to bed and I think I will go to sleep myself.  Shelby texted and said Dan was bringing her home. Tell her to stop by my room if she wants to talk.”

“I will, Molly.  Thanks for being so good about all this craziness.” He looked at all his favorite people.  Tomorrow night it would be complete, with Gus home again. “Hope we aren’t too noisy for Paul to sleep.  The kids are getting tired with the time change. I am sure it will quiet down soon.”


“Justin, is everything all right? You and Brian...well, things have been a little tense.”


“Nothing serious.  Just too much stress I think.”


Molly kissed her brother, “I can understand that. I love you, bro.”


“Love you too, Mollusk.”


Molly wove her way through all the guests and went to their room.  She got Paul ready for bed and once he was down she called Tyler. “Hi Taylor, What’s up?”


“The house is full of people and I am staying up in the main house and all I can think of is being with you.”


“I can come over.”


“If I was at the cottage I would say how fast can you get here. Did I tell you all these men are just gorgeous?” She left out the fact they were all married.


“I am sure I could sneak in the window.”  Tyler said, “I am trained to get into places.  I want to see you, too, Molly. I have never needed someone like I need you.  I mean I have been with you twice today and I just can’t imagine being apart...Molly, what have you done to me?”


“Tyler, can you come up about 1:00.  Behind the main house are to little studios.  I will meet you in the one on the left. You better park down the driveway and walk up.”


“I’ll be there, Taylor.”


Molly was reviewing some things on the phone when there was a knock. “Hey, Molly, it’s me.”  Shelby walked into the room and shut the door quietly. “How’s my sweet boy?”


“He is very tired.  It was a busy day for him. How are you Shelby, is Gus doing better?”


Shelby laid down in bed with Molly, “Gus is great,” She told her about the adventure they had before she left the hospital.   I couldn’t resist him. “


Molly started laughing, “Since we are making confessions, Tyler is coming up here at 1:00 and I am meeting him in the studio. Could you maybe take the baby monitor into your room.  I can turn it on when I leave.” Shelby snuggled next to Molly and Molly hugged her friend.


“I have a better idea. Why don’t I,” she yawned, “Just sleep here.”  The two women talked softly about the men that had stolen their hearts until they fell asleep.



Dan held hands with Marcus as they walked up to the house.  “Dan, will everyone be…. Discreet.”


“Most of them  are from Pittsburgh and I promise the locals are my best friends.  They will say nothing.” He pulled Marcus against him and placed his hand on his fly, “And if you are a very good boy, I may give you a lollipop when we get back home.” Marcus groaned.   Dan opened the door and guided Marcus into the house. “Dan,” several people called out as he walked into the house. Once Dan had said high to everyone he just said loudly, “This is my friend, Marcus.  Be nice and don’t tell him any stories.” And that was the end of being strangers. Dan stayed close to Marcus but he knew there was no threat here. Peter and Becca said good night right after they had arrived and each one carried out a sleeping child.  Matty was sleeping with Brinn tonight and Jonna was asleep on Justin and Brian’s bed so it was just the adults. They were all drinking wine and just enjoying each other’s company. Tony and John couldn’t keep their hands off each other.


Mel looked over at one point and said, “I haven’t seen any good porn in a long while. Keep going, I want to see how it ends.”


“Well, Mel,” Tony said, “It will end in the end.”  Everyone laughed. Dan felt Marcus first tense up and then he felt all his inhibitions leave. Marcus rested his hand on Dan’s inner thigh and soon Dan pinned him to the couch and kissed him thoroughly.


Brian and Justin, looked at Dan and Marcus and then smiled at each other. Brian pulled Justin to him and kissed the top of his head while Justin wrapped his arms around Brian. The chatter got quieter.  Mel and Lindsay left for the hotel and then John and Tony got up to go. They went around and kissed everyone. Marcus accepted them but was amazed at everyone’s relaxed attitude. Tony went and picked up Jonna and carried the sleeping little girl out, with her head on his shoulder. John put his arm around his husband and kissed him once more as they walked out the door.  Now Dan pulled Marcus close and kissed him. Marcus nearly dissolved into a puddle on the couch.


Dan offered Marcus his hand.  “Well, gentlemen, I think we are going to leave before we embarrass ourselves.”


Justin walked over and kissed both Dan and Marcus.  “Dan, I am so happy for you.”


“Oh, by the way,” Dan started, “If anyone asks, Marcus is my buddy, nothing more. He has a few things to clear up before we become a public item.”


“No problem.  Just know, Marcus, if you need anything this is a safe place.”  Justin said.


“Thank you, Justin.  I appreciate that.”


When Dan and Marcus had pulled away, Brian looked at Justin, “I wonder what the big secret is?”


“Oh, Baby, who knows.  Maybe he has an ex he is still getting rid of.  It doesn’t matter. Dan’s our friend and any partner he brings is welcome here.”


“I’m going to bed,” Brian kissed Justin and started walking to their room.  


Justin reached out and grabbed his hand. “I love you, Baby. I will always love you. Remember, I can’t do life without you.”


Brian pulled him into his arms and held him for a long time.  “I love you, Sunshine.”


“I’ll be in in a couple minutes.  I want to run the dishwasher before I go to bed.”


“Don’t be too long.  I can’t sleep without you there.”


It was almost midnight when Justin pressed himself against Brian’s body. “Sorry you couldn’t sleep without me,” he said softly to himself.


Brian’s arm tightened around him. “I told you I can’t sleep without you.”



At 12:50, Molly’s phone buzzed.Molly wasn’t dressing to impress.  She slipped a sundress over her head and left her underwear on the bathroom floor. She kissed Shelby’s cheek.  Shelby woke up enough to wave her out of the room.


Molly was just getting to the studio door when she heard something in the brush.  She turned her phone’s flashlight on and saw Tyler coming out of the trees. “Just me, Taylor,”  Tyler walked up and picked her off the ground, holding her close and kissing her. “I can’t stop thinking about you.  When I am not with you I want to be. I know this is crazy but I am crazy in love with you, Molly Taylor.”


Molly pressed her lips against his and he lowered her to the ground as he added the pressure he needed to invade her mouth with his tongue. “I….Tyler….This is….” Molly couldn’t think straight with him this close. She put both hands on his chest and shoved him a couple inches away.  “Tyler, I can’t say…,” Molly looked at his face, “Oh, hell, I love you, too. I don’t know how it happened but I love you, Tyler Harris.”


From the bedroom window Shelby watched her friend.  She couldn’t hear what they were saying but she could feel the pull between the two from where she was.  After a long kiss, he picked her up and through her over his shoulder and carried her to Justin’s art studio.  Once inside he looked around, “Damn is there a bed, a couch, a blanket,.....Oh, hell we don’t need it.” From where Shelby stood she could see a shadow.  She saw clothes fly and then, from what she could see, Tyler picked her up and with her back against the wall, from her position, Shelby was sure they were making love where they stood.  


Shelby laid back on the bed feeling very lonely for Gus but she was thrilled for her friend.  She dozed off.


Molly clung to Tyler with her legs wrapped around his waist, and caught her breath.  “You make me totally crazy, woman. What do you do to me?”


“I’m not sure but I hope I can keep doing it.”


“Taylor, this is nut’s I know, but let’s get married.”


“What?”


“Let’s go to Reno!  We can be there and back before the sun comes up.  I want you to be my wife. I want your baby boy to call me Daddy.  I want all of you. I want the whole package.”


“This is insane!”  Molly looked at this man who drove her crazy.  She looked at that face and knew she couldn’t live without him.  “Let me call, Shelby. See if she can stay with Paul. Someone has to know where I am.”


Tyler kissed her long and hard and then let her go to make the call while he redressed.


Molly called Shelby, her groggy friend answered, “I am so sorry for waking you up but, Shelby, can you stay with Paul until I get back.  I should be back by breakfast.”


“Sure.  Where are you and that beautiful man going?”


“I know it’s crazy but we are going to Reno to get married. Am I totally nuts?”


“Go for it, Molly.  You know your heart and if your heart says do it, do it.  You never know how long you have. I have your boy. Love you, Molly.  Go get married!”


“Yes, Tyler, I’ll marry you!”  He picked her up and spun her again.  “I should go change, comb my hair….”


“Don’t.  I love you just the way you are.”  He took her hand and they started for his car.