- Text Size +

CHAPTER 16 - MORE LEARNING, SHE’S BACK AND AN ARROGANT STEP


MERCURY TOWER - TWO DAYS LATER


CLASSROOM


GUS


“I want to rip off his face then ram it up his nostrils!” I seethe as I look at the results of his execrable attempt at studying.


“May…” Emmett begins.


“How do you get 7% on a paper, after you say you studied all night? This fool could not sniff out a fart in a bag!” I fume. “Come in!”


“Well this is not going to improve your mood.” JR sighs as she enters. “Lindsay wants to return. She wants to be trained to hunt.” I can hear the blood chilling in our veins. “Seems she heard about Brandon going to look for Michael’s birth father, not sure how. Yeah, so now what?”


“We get JR to train her.” I gape as Alderman Virginia blooms in. “Emmett, fancy  a wager to see which of lust or learning wins?”


“Do…” I begin.


“No!” Emmett laughs, whilst shaking Alderman Virginia’s hand. “We have a bet.”


She kisses his cheek before turning to us. “JR, heads up, I do believe you could make life a little bit more squeaky for her.” JR looks as confused as me. “Rumour has it she’s not handled a weapon or done any exercise in her long and over privileged life.” She winks before she leaves. 


JR grins. “Oh, she should not have told me that!” 


“Hey sweetie, where you going?!” Ems calls out.


“To order some Orbeez. Lots and lots of Orbeez!” JR scampers out laughing.


“Wait for me!” Ems shouts.


“Coming with!” I run after them snickering.


JUSTIN’S CASTLE - AUSTRALIA


WATERFALL


BRIAN


We had a ride with Joe and Jeb this morning and worked up quite a sweat. I had, of course, packed ahead. Now he’s giddy and cooing as he takes everything out. “Which order do I use them in?”


“First, it is we, and the body scrub first. But...” I pull him over. “You know when I mind fucked you?”


“Oh yeah.” He grins. “Best and only one ever.”


“Well, I gave you a piece of me.” 


“I knew it!” I hear Bernardus cry.


“Excuse me a minute.” I shake my head. “Some people need to be taught.”


“No, no, I am…” Bernardus frets.


“Too late.”


“Brian, what’s going on?” Justin frowns.


“Wait...don’t be too hasty. Lindsay wants to be a hunter!” Bernardus exclaims.


“Share us!” I order, feeling the moment he does. “Tell him.” 


“Lindsay wants to be a hunter.” Bernardus repeats.


“What the hell for?! She couldn't hunt a...wait! Why were you...how long have you been watching?! Go away!” He orders getting behind me. We are both just wearing boxers: as we were about to get under the waterfall.


“He can’t really do that as he needs to explain, so let’s put our pants on back on.” I point out, absolutely loving his fury at this intrusion.


“I am so…” Bernardus tries, but really this is too much!


“Alderman, go away! We'll call you when we are properly dressed!” He hurries behind Joe and grabs the bag. “Seriously, way to ruin a moment!” Ten minutes later he is calmer. “So...she wants to be a hunter now?”


“Yes...” I start to chuckle, much to his confusion. “...who has never done an exercise class or held a weapon ever! She is also interested in Mel. But so is Brandon…”


“Mel would not be interested in her though!” He scoffs as he starts to put away the toiletries.


“This is true. Exactly what are you doing with those?” I saunter up to him and take them back out of the saddle bag.


“We need to speak to the Alderman. I would rather they don’t see what we use in the bathroom, even if it is a gorgeous waterfall.” He puts his hand underneath then frowns. “I could be going crazy here, but is it warm? The water I mean?”


“Yep, we are in a vortex. Take a look around.” His eyes go huge as he notices the swirling grey around us. “Warlocks have the ability to control the elements and block out Vamps, no matter how powerful.”


“So they can’t hear…”


“Or see us now...no.”


“Wow!” 


“And that’s what I’ve given you.” I smile down at him, feeling his bubbling excitement at this news.


“When?! When did you do this?!” He exclaims, then thinks. “When you bit my wrist?”


“Yep, also you gave me something too.”


“What?” I raise an eyebrow. “For real, I made your…”


“Yeah, you made it bigger!”


MERCURY TOWER - AFTERNOON


TRAINING ROOM


JR


I am so excited! I get to unleash my inner ‘devil child’, as I have heard them call us, to teach this preening princess that she can’t pick and choose at will!


“Good morning all!” I chirrup as I come in.


“Well now, aren’t you a pretty little thing!” Someone says. I am about to reprimand them when I see who it is...and wish I was a lot older! “Hi, my name is Brandon; I am the cousin of David and King Craig. I have heard much about...”


“What? What do you mean David and King Craig are related?!” The damn fool boy exclaims.


“How do you not know that about your beloved?” I ask.


“He’s never told me! And…” He turns as the door opens and the laughing group of Drew, Emmett, Chris and David come in. “...speak of the devil! Why didn't you tell me you and King Craig are related, David?!”


“He did.” Chris calls out as he goes to investigate the weaponry. “Oh my god, a crossbow! This is gonna be awesome!”


“No he…”


“Yes he did, Master Michael!” Emmett interrupts. Oh, I love him so, especially as he sneaks extra honey cakes to me! “It was at a dinner when both covens first met. Why else would they be meeting you?”


“Good morning, all!” The arrival of the preening princess again interrupts him, as well as stunning the room into silence for the way she is dressed. She looks like a bad riff on Xena Warrior Princess! “Worry not, I have not changed my mind about ascending. I want to be a hunter and understand that Master at Arms Marcus is one of the best trainers in the world, so...” 


“Will not be training you.” Brandon interjects. “She and I will be on another mission…”


“Um, that’s not quite correct, Brandon.” Alderman Bernardus blooms in, and winks at me. “It is the lovely JR here will be training both Master Michael and Princess Lindsay on the basics, but there will be practical training, so Princess Lindsay will be going with you.”


“And what about me?!” Michael demands.


“You get me.” Drew tells him. 


WATERFALL - SAME TIME


JUSTIN


“Brian...hey, Brian, what’s wrong?” I prod him to continue the body scrubbing.


“We need to get back this evening! Seriously, we’re leaving now!” He orders, starting to rinse me off.


“Why? I have loved this time where nobody can get to us!” I splutter as he holds me still. “Yes I know I am whining…” I pout at his terse response. “...but I have!”


“Because Michael has decided to try to make David jealous by making a play for Drew to pay him back for all the times he’s been spending with Christopher.” He replies. I chuckle at the absurdity of that, as if he would be interested in what little I have heard he has to offer! “Not finished. Who happens to be Emmett’s partner of 40 years.” 


“He’s Emmett’s...yeah bad idea!” I wince as we quickly dry each other, whilst thinking of the maelstrom Michael could find himself in. Brian told me to study the lineage of everyone we have, for want of a better phrase, been fraternising with, which came up with some interesting information. “You mean the same Emmett, who, although he is a Half, has the temper of Pure, because as he never gets really mad, so he has stored up, um, ‘rage’, and detests Michael?”

 

“Yeah, that one.” He replies.

Chapter End Notes:

Please, if reviewing, be constructive and kind, thank you.