- Text Size +

CHAPTER 17 - LORD VICTOR MAKES HIS MOVE


MERCURY TOWER - NEXT DAY


BRIAN’S BEDROOM


BRIAN


I move my chin out of the way as he turns in his sleep. It was a long journey back. He had a quick feed when we arrived, then pretty much crashed out. Carefully, I slip out from underneath him, put on my robe, then head to the bathroom. He’s still asleep when I finish brushing my teeth, but the blanket has slipped down a bit. With regret, I cover his delicious looking butt back up and go downstairs. Now is not the time.


KITCHEN


I am surprised to see Drew in here, humming as well! “How’s your fellah? He was looking a little peaky.”


“Exhausted. What with the flight as well…” He frowns. “...we were in Australia, then we had to do the rest of the journey on foot to get here before nightfall.” I explain, grabbing an orange at the same time. “Not sure he’s ever run that far.”


“I see.” He rifles in the fridge before pulling out a bowl, I smile. “Think that ought to do it?”


“Oh yeah!” I grin, and take it off him.


LIBERTY PITTS COVEN - SAME TIME


LINDSEY'S ROOM


JENNIFER


I am trying not to laugh, but she looks so stupid in that outfit! “Lindsay, dear, I am not sure that...whoa! Underwear!” I turn my head, close my eyes, and put my hand up!


“Then it’s the perfect length!” She straightens up. “I want her to see what she’s getting.”


“You do remember that Gus and JR are going to be there?!” Craig’s voice makes us both jump. “Have some decorum and put on some pants!” She is as red as a strawberry as she does as she’s told. “So, do you know what the regime is going to be?”


“Not sure, but I look forward to it. People have this habit of underestimating me. I am not as weak as some may think.”


“We’ll see.” I retort. 


“What do you mean?” Craig frowns.


“We’ve been summoned to their first proper training session, which is what I came in here to tell you, Lindsay. Do not embarrass us!”


MERCURY TOWER - MID MORNING


BRIAN’S ROOM


JUSTIN


My eyes flutter open and I smile at Brian. “Thank you.” I mumble as I see the plasma bag hooked up to my arm. 


“You are most welcome. Go use the bathroom, have some fruits for you too.” He approaches the bed and wheels the IV stand out of the way. “You gonna be okay, or shall I come with?”


Slowly I sit up and sigh in relief. “I won't be long. Shame we left the ortanique juice.” I call over my shoulder.


“I packed it.” He calls back. “And Drew got you something.” This makes me brush my teeth even faster. I must have had a ‘pikachu’ expression on my face, because he’s smiling. “Get back in bed, or I won’t show you.” He makes sure that I am tucked in before reaching down for something. My jaw drops as I take in the bowl with the dark fat cherries, alongside lychees, grapes, figs, and something I don't recognise.


“Sharon fruit. Try that first.” Brian orders. When I do, he snorts. “Texture is weird, but tastes so good!” I just nod. “Now remember, don’t eat too much. What we don’t eat now, we can have after training.” 


“Okay. Are you getting back in?” 


“In a...you can’t leave the cherries for best!” He laughs, reaching for one. I should be mad at the read, but to be frank, I was so depleted last night, and to wake up like this is heaven! “Want to share before I go?” He picks one up, holding it against my mouth. I bite down, and it is an explosion of sweetness and juice. I finish it quickly so I can halve another. “So, the training is early evening, which gives us plenty of time to get them set up, me to explain, and help JR sort out the pool.”


“What?” I mumble around a mouthful of lychees. 


“Be back in half an hour. After you’ve finished, get a bit more rest.”


LE MONT WASHINGTON COVEN - TEN MINUTES LATER


COURTYARD


LORD VICTOR


I take another peek, they are so adorable! “Lord Victor!” Brian jogs up smiling. “I thank you for doing this. How much do…”


“Absolutely not.” I rebuke him gently, before handing him the cage. “It was a pleasure. Do you know what JR has planned?”


“No, but Emmett said they had bought lots of orbeez.”


“Oh dear.” I chuckle. “Well, I will see you later then. I hope he likes them.”


“Yeah, later, and he will.” He grins, and carefully makes his way back to the Tower.


“Why was he here?” Michael calls from the doorway. Sighing, I head back inside. I hope by not answering him, he will get the hint, but he never gets anything that doesn’t involve his ego or libido! “Didn’t you hear what I just said?”


“Yes, I did, and our reasons for his presence is none of your business. Now don’t you have a uniform to press in readiness for training?”


“Oh, Emmett can do that.” He declares.


“Emmett will not be doing that!” I snap. “Go and press it yourself!” 


“Vic, if Michael wants Emmett to do something, as Master of this coven, he has to obey his edicts!” Debs raps out as she approaches. 


“He is my adviser, not Michael’s slave. Nor is anyone else in this coven! Everyone gather!” I bellow. I have long gotten wholeheartedly sick and tired of their pervasive sense of entitlement! 


GREAT HALL - FIVE MINUTES LATER


“Lord Victor,  is everything okay?” A worried looking Ems pulls me to a quiet corner.


“Everything is fine, it’s just time to add more structure to this place.” I smile at him. I stride to my throne and sit down. “Don’t you dare!” I growl at an-about-to sit Debs. “Either of you. Join everyone else!” At first I don’t think they will move, but when Ems steps forward they quickly do so. “Ladies and gentlemen, I will keep this brief! As some of you may know, Master Michael is in training to accede to the throne…” Some gasp and others look horrified, which is why I made sure that their backs were to the rest of the coven. “...but Christopher is as well.” The looks of relief almost have me laughing, but I must be composed. “But until such time as either accede, they are not to be afforded special treatment. As they both, and Lady Deborah know, one of the tenets of ruling is humility, and being self-sufficient, so from this point on, anything they want, they have to do themselves.” Everyone is stunned. “Any questions?”


“Um...yeah.” A page puts up his hand. “We don’t have to do anything either of them say? Not that Master Christopher has ever asked me to do anything!” He adds hurriedly.


“Yes, that’s exactly what I mean. Everyone except Emmett is dismissed!” Debs scowls at me before she goes to tend the wounded ego that is Michael. “Thoughts about what I have just decreed…” I regard my dear friend carefully. “...and the rumours that have been circulating for years?”


“Rumours?” He hedges.


“Emmett.” I take his hand and float us up to the rafters. “I have heard mutterings, what have you heard?” 


“That he compelled young Hunter to take him to…”


“Ah, yes, that’s what I heard. We need to catch him though, for the moment he does, he is out of here, and if she wants to be with her oh-so-precious and set up elsewhere, then that is her choice! But I will no longer have that presence in my coven, especially if the other rumour is true.” I search his face. He’s struggling not to grin. “Come on, tell me! I swear I won’t tell anyone else!” I plead. “Emmett, please, you don’t have to tell me their names!”


“Oh, alright, but you promise?!” I nod furiously. “It’s true. They are home.”


“Excellent, just excellent.” I burble, and float us back down. “Now go about your day, I will see you later in training.”


“Oh, yes, that is going to be fun!” He titters as he heads out.


“Now that was an interesting move.” Rodney states as he blooms in. Before taking a seat in her throne, he waves Michael’s away. “Why?”


“Because I know my nephew.” I reply, taking my seat. “He will revert soon enough, and when he does I have a reason to boot him out.”


“If you heard about the rumours of compulsion, why not confront him with it?”


“No proof, but now I will have it.” I sigh.


“Because...oh, I see.” He squeezes my hand. “...look, maybe they are just that, rumours, but even if he does try and compel someone to do something for Christopher, how would that work? Surely, he knows he can only compel someone to do something for him, not anyone else?”


“He got 7% on his paper, what do you think?” I reply.


“I think you and I need to go to lunch!” Rodney orders, before taking me in his arms and blooming us away.


MERCURY TOWER - EARLY AFTERNOON


BRIAN’S ROOM


BRIAN


He looks so much better, Drew’s description of him as looking ‘peaky’ was being kind! “Keep your eyes closed. Now get down on your knees. I want you to hold out your arms and cup your hands, and don’t drop what I am about to put in there...of course I am blocking you, it wouldn’t be a surprise if you could read it, would it?!” I point out, then sigh as he tries again. “Justin, stop it. I will tell you after. Just let me do this, please?”


“Fine.” He grouches, then jolts as I put the stuff in his hands. “Now what?”


“Click your tongue, softly, but click it.” 


Huffing, he takes a few seconds, but does click. Nothing happens. He clicks again, till nothing. “Come on, now.” I whisper, and take them out. They sniff the air. “No, this is not yours. Look, yours is right in front of you, right there.” 


JUSTIN


Whatever this is, I am no longer doing it! I am about to get up when I hear a squeak, then feel something snuffling in my hands. “Open your eyes, Justin.” Brian orders. When I do, I look from it to him. I giggle as it makes sure every scrap of whatever was in my hands is gone. “So, what do you think?”


“That is so cute!” I whisper. “Where did you get it?”


“Her, and Lord Victor got them for me. We have them in common too.” He smiles as he joins me by the bed. “You can bring your arms in now.” 


“Brian, I can’t believe you love ferrets as well?!” I am stunned as I scoop her into my arms. “How did I miss...did you block that off?!” My anger evaporates in the face of his shyness. “You twit!” I chide him. “Do they have names...wait, what was in my hands? They don’t eat fruits, and it felt squelchy.”


“Minced beef and turkey necks, the latter for their teeth.” 


“Was it cooked?” He shakes his head, and I stare at him. “Have you ever tasted?”


“Real blood?” I nod. “No, too afraid, just in case that one thing is true.”


“Me too.” We regard each other, both of the same thought. “Let’s go wash our hands.” Five minutes later, we’re on the bed, watching the ferrets scramble amongst the bedding. Their chirrups and squeaks are so adorable. “So, do they have names?”


“Nope, thought we could do that together, but before that, I promise not to block you anymore, I just wanted them to be a surprise, which is the only reason I did it.”


“Can I block you?” I am disappointed when he shakes his head. “But you gave me part of yourself, that’s what you said.”


“I know...now don’t sulk.” He kisses me softly. “It’s because you were born human that I can only give you so much. I thought the best thing was the ability to shield yourself, another line of defence.”


“I wish I could give you something. I mean, apart from that.” I sigh. “Okay, as things go, I look forward to feeling it, but something more tangible than making your cock bigger would be nice.”


“Give yourself time, though as gifts go, I thank you very much!” He peers at the ferrets, who are curling up to go to sleep. “Let’s put them to bed and work off some of that angst, okay?”


“Okay.” I grin


CHAMBER OF ALDERMEN ELDERS, ICELAND - TEN MINUTES LATER


ALDERMAN LORELLE


I wave the image away. It is just me here. I look out into the frozen tundra and smile. 


“You okay, Lorelle?” Angelina asks as she comes in, having been with the others in the hall. 


“Yes, I am very happy. They are nesting.”


“They are?!” She beams. “Good. This is very good. Not sure why you thought him being part warlock would mean that he couldn't rule though?”


“Because of…”


“The feud between warlocks and vampires is long over. Brian can and will contain that side of him when it comes to Justin, but just to be sure, he gave him the ability to defend himself against him.”


“Do you...do you really think that…”


“Yes, I do think that. Sometimes, lines are matched because of practicality and what is best for the coven, and, at first, we thought that was what this is, but it’s not. They are starting to fall in love.” We grin at each other before hers falters. “Did you hear what happened at Le Mont?”


“Yes.” I sigh. “A wise move by Lord Victor. How do you think the training is going to go?”

 

“Badly, oh so very badly!” She guffaws, and I can’t help but join her.

Chapter End Notes:

if reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thanks.