- Text Size +

CHAPTER 29 - WHEN EVERYONE’S YES MEANS NO...AND THEY MEET


LOUNGE CAR - FIVE MINUTES LATER


JR


I open my eyes and look up. Gus hands me a piece of honey cake without a word. “Is it really them?” I whisper, he nods. “I was the page to the future Kings?!” I am in awe, then have a thought. “Did you know before me?!” I demand; he looks guilty. “When did you know, and why didn’t you tell me?!” I pout.


“I was told not to. I really wanted to as well!”


“Who told you not to and when? I will be having words with them!” I toss the blanket off and stand up, ready to go to war.


“He did.” Gus points behind me, but when I whirl around my anger evaporates. “I thought it might be a good idea to obey our future king. Want to ask him why?”


“Before you do that…” Brian gestures for me to sit, I plop down and close my mouth. “...why are you leaving?”


“Leaving?” I frown. “Your Highness!” I add quickly.


“You said ‘I was the page’, do you no longer wish to be? If so, why? I thought we…”


“Oh no, Your Highness, no! I don’t want to leave your service!” I babble before throwing myself to his feet.


“JR!” Lindsay giggles whilst succeeding in getting me upright. “You, of all people, should not be prostrating yourself like that!”


“He’s the King!” I protest as I try to kneel, but she’s stronger than she looks! “We should all be down here, it’s proper form! I read it in the book!”


“Jenny Rebecca, stop it!” Justin orders, grasping my shoulders. “We’re still Btrian and Justin to you, all of you. Understand?” I slowly nod. “If I let go, will you just sit down and be our JR again?” My head bobbles. “Good, now more honey cake then we go and watch, it’s almost time.”


“Time? Oh, the pearlescent moon!” I gasp, but once more I’m stopped from moving.


“Yes it is.” Lindsay grins handing me my cloak. “We’ve got about ten minutes. Ben took advantage of your fainting spell and put on your shoes.” She smirks.


“Benjamin Bruckner! You naughty Vamp!” I tease him.


“Sorry, milady, but it had to be done.” He grins. “Now how high do you want to be when the moon crests?”


“Shoulder height, please!” I beam. “Come on, everyone, let’s go!” I order. 


“And she's back!” Mel chuckles, so I poke out my tongue before being floated, by Lord Victor onto Ben’s shoulders.


DEBS AND MICHAEL’S COVEN - SAME TIME


GREAT HALL


MICHAEL


“Has it started yet?!” Ma calls from the doorway.


“Not yet. I said I would call you when it does, didn’t I?” I reply back, forcing politeness into my tone, when all I want to do is drive a stake through her heart, just for the joy of killing her, not that she would die of course!  To say that four days without sex has sullied my mood is an understatement! 


“Still no response from Vic, seems he’s not answering his phone…” I quickly hide my scowl at her disappointment. “...well, at least not to me. Have you tried him?” She sounds hopeful but looks combative, not sure why. As for her question the answer is no as I don’t particularly want to speak to the dickhead. However, if it achieves our aim of getting out of here, I will make a damn call, but only if I absolutely have to! 


“Ma, he’s most likely helping Christopher and David ascend. Maybe try him afterwards, you know what he’s like when he’s having a head-turn moment. Especially by Emmett. Just think about it, I mean when he sees what’s going to rule and realises the mistake they’re making, both of them are such milksop duds, just because they’ve got the ‘brains’ doesn't mean they have the brawn that we have.”


“Yes, that’s true.” She cheers up a bit, I hope she leaves me alone now. “So what are you doing in here then?” 


“Getting our chairs in place…” I lie, for I was on the laptop setting up a few hook-ups - I had to move quickly to make it look like I was doing what I said. As for the hook-ups, to be on the safe side, I’ve gone outside of Pennsylvania, especially after that kangaroo court, when they didn’t even give us a chance to explain our reasoning behind everything! We wouldn’t have allowed total harm to come to Vic, just had him out of the way long enough for us to ascend through lineage rather than those stupid trials set by Brian and Justin. 


But despite the supposed disadvantages of our punishments, we’re Purebloods, who are soon to be back in the fold. For now that Christopher is unlocked, he will remember his feelings for me, and that will be that. I will let him be with David though, never was a man so boring in bed. He just lay there when I made love to him, and was far too quick when he ‘made love’ to me! “...where do you think it will be played?”


“Play...what do you mean played?” She sighs. I tense up, she’s also been very quick tempered lately. “Don’t you mean manifest? Seriously, you’ve got to learn these things, Michael. Once…”


“I know, Ma, I was just teasing.” I smile but she doesn’t. “It was a joke, Ma, come on.”


“I can never tell these days.” She returns coolly before striding to the table. “Let me help you with this; she looks briefly at the laptop and scowls. “You won’t have time for that for a long while, we can’t leave without their permission. And before you say anything, no nobody is coming here either!” She closes the laptop before putting it in the bag she’s taken to carrying.


“You can have this back later. Take those two thrones and move them to the front of the hearth, back to them, I think it will manifest there.” She points above the balustrade - as she calls it, despite my pleas about the amount of times I’ve hit myself on it, she refuses to let me take it down, to my mind it is a dumb place to put it, but I’m thankful that I heal quickly! “You realise that there’s a chance that Emmett’s still poisoning their minds against us? Christopher and David I mean.”


I give this some thought. “No there isn’t. They weren’t there. They were in a safe place, so…”


“Good point.” She looks around before rushing out. “Wait there won’t be long!” I roll my eyes as true to her word, she’s not. But it’s what she’s back with that rankles, it's the cleaning equipment. “Come on, let’s get this place tidied up!” She orders, pushing the vacuum at me.


“Why, we cleaned up yesterday.” I protest.


“Oh we did, did we?” She growls as I had managed to do the bare minimum. “Get on and do your share. We’ve got to give them the impression that we’re thriving!” She snaps. “I’m not having Emmett being smug!”


“Alright.” I sigh plugging it into the wall whilst thinking how much I can’t wait to begin our walk to freedom. Little does she know that I intend to walk mine alone!


ANTARCTICA - MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


I’m so glad that I don’t feel the cold! And judging by the way she’s burrowing, JR is very glad of her cloak. I nudge Brian and he produces a hat. Ben takes it with a smile, we all suppress our laughter at the speed with which she puts it on. We’re walking up the path to the top of Mount Vinson, this is the best place to see it.


“Is this the Tundra where they are?” Hunter asks, looking across the snowy landscape. We told him in private of the plans Sapperstein had for him. At first, we weren’t going to, but it wasn’t fair for others to know and him not according to Lord Victor. “He’s been stripped of all his powers, so he can’t feel my presence or anything like that can he?”


“No.” Emmett reassures him. “He’s nowhere near this place. He couldn’t sense you anyway.”


“Good.” He retorts, before turning to Lindsay. “I can’t help the way I feel. He didn’t…”


“I know, Hunter, perhaps we can talk about it, just you and I afterwards?” She smiles kindly before turning to me. “And you and I need to talk too, brother.” I, like Hunter, just nod.


“You alright?” Brian pulls me to a halt, which makes the rest of them stop. “Go on ahead, just give us a minute.” 

 

“You heard the man.” Mel orders, getting between us and them, and starts to shepherd them away. 


“No.” I sigh stepping into his embrace. “I never saw them. There’s no pictures, nothing.” I look up at him; he frowns then holds me tighter. “Can we go to their graves afterwards?”


“We were going to.” Brian replies, kissing me gently. “Let’s speak to Angelina and Maurice to see what we can do.”


“Feels weird to call them by their first names.” I admit. “But what can they do?”


“As you know, the sacrifice was behind closed doors but they were present.” My eyes widen, I didn’t know that. “Yeah, they buried them. They’re one of the few who knows where.”


“That’s good, it’s good that they were taken care of afterwards, why was it in private?”


“So that those who were against the treaty couldn’t make the lives of their descendants difficult.”


“Like Dixon?” I query and he nods. “Do you think he knew about them, being my parents I mean?”


“No, like I said one of the few.” He brushes a tear from my cheek.


“Good. And…” I start to chuckle. “JR! We’re not fighting!” I bellow as her gesticulating almost causes Ben to drop her. 


“We’re coming!” Brian shouts.


“Thank you!” Ben grumbles good naturedly as we catch up with him. “It’s like trying to hold onto a jumping bean!”


“Hey! That's my sister you’re being honest about!” Gus laughs before turning back to the mountain. “Which peak?”


“You see the flat bit in the middle?” Drew smiles. “My man has arranged a picnic there.”



“A picnic?” I echo; then turn to my King and future husband. “What have you two concocted?”


“Well, not a picnic as such, just a celebratory snack, as someone may have planted the idea of a certain galette in someone’s head.” Drew answers with a smile. “Apparently, it’s a favourite!”


It takes a few seconds for me to remember what and when I had that idea. “Brian!”


He snickers. “I just said about the food, not about anything else!”


“What else could he have told, Uncle Drew?” JR asks as we start walking again; we all go silent. 


Brian’s grin is smug. “Want to get that one?”


“Isn’t that David waving?!” I point at a figure, who I would’ve flown to meet if Brian hadn’t held firmly onto my coattails. “Ooh, just you wait, Mister!” I grump as the knowing amongst us smirk and titter.


DEBS AND MICHAEL’S COVEN - SAME TIME


DEBS


The mists begin to form. “Michael! Will you hurry up?! We need to be in place before it starts!” I yell, fuming that he’s taking so long to polish his fangs! As he gallumps down the corridor I roll my eyes; he has no concept of deportment unless there’s someone he wants to screw in the vicinity! “Why are you wearing that?”


“What?” He drapes his cloak over the back of the chair; it’s not a throne yet, no matter what he thinks! 


“That shirt. And the...”


“To show them that I’ve forgiven and am thinking of them.” He states as he sits down.


“Explain to me, please.”


“Christopher gave me the shirt, David this token…” He gestures to his neck. “...so…”


“Yes, yes, I get it. Now be quiet. For your sake, let’s hope this works!” I hiss as the mists begin to form.


PLATEAU OF MOUNT VINSON - A MINUTE LATER


CHRISTOPHER


It seems like the world has gone quiet, then it happens. First, there is a wave of stars just spreading across the sky, they’re the brightest I’ve ever seen, 


“Oh wow!” David gasps; I lean back against him, finally feeling happy after all these years. “That truly is beautiful!”


“So are they.” I return, nodding at Brian and Justin; then I frown as something catches my eye. “Oh, you are kidding?!” I chuckle as I see what, or should I say who, they are! 


“As if they could get married without them!” David chortles as Cute and Cuter pop out from the insides of Gus and Hunter’s jackets. “They're not feeling the cold though.” I snort as they immediately retreat back into the warmth. 


“It’s happening, so exciting!” JR squeals as the sky darkens.


Within seconds, we are surrounded by darkness, then it’s like someone has just thrown a ball into the sky.



Then the Elder and Aldermen are in front of Drew, Emmett, Brian, Justin, David and I, chanting, before holding each other's hands and making a circle around us. Lord Victor, King Craig and Queen Jennifer stand in front of us.


“What’s happening?” I hear Gus ask.


“They’re abdicating…” Lindsay explains. “There will be two ceremonies.”


“What?” I frown. “What does that mean?”


“It means…” King Craig continues. “...that the new rulers were chosen many years ago because of their parents' sacrifice, their pureness of mind and heart. I'm not saying they are without sin, but their ‘sins’ were and are to the benefit of Vampire and Humankind, and once they found their true loves, the ascension was set in motion. It just so happens that Pittsburgh was the place; it could’ve been anywhere in the world.”


“I still don’t understand.” I frown.


“It means, my dear Christopher…” Queen Jenniefer continues. “...that you and David, with the assistance of Lord Victor, will rule one coven, and Emmett and Drew will, with the assistance of George, rule the other.”


“What?! But why?! I thought the Kings were going to rule!!” David stammers.


“And we are.” Brian steps forward, holding Justin’s hand. “But we like doing what we do as well. Being Master Lieutenants; training others to follow in our footsteps, is in our blood…”


“...and yes, we are the Kings, absolute rulers, our word is sacrosanct and binding, but we trust you to be our eyes and ears, to call on us when we’re needed.”


“But...but why me and Drew?!” Emmett weeps, then turns to Drew. “Did you know about this?!”


“No, I swear it!” Drew gasps. “When did this all get decided?!”


“On the way here…” Vic smiles. “...as this came closer, the more uncomfortable the situation became for them, so they came up with this solution.” 


“And also, Emmett, because, like Lord Victor, you’ve always had the best interests of the coven at heart. You know everything and have our absolute trust.” Justin continues. “So will you and Drew accept?”


EMMETT


“Before I answer that; you’re still going to get married, right?!” I demand anxiously. 


“Yes, we’re still getting married.” Brian smiles. “In fact…”


“Now?! You’re going to do it now?! But...but...you can’t! What about the...there’s protocol, the ceremony has to be a grand-swellegant affair and...and…”


“Emmett!” Vic, as usual calms me right down. “They’re unconventional to say the least, so will you accept so that they can get married?!”


“Of course I accept!” I cry in delight, throwing my arms around a rather surprised Brian. “Oh, sorry, your highness, I…”


“Forgot to hug me too!” Justin mock pouts before opening his arms; into which I fling myself, blubbering. 


I hug him tightly, then sigh “But you might change your minds after I tell you this…”


DEBS AND MICHAEL’S COVEN - SAME TIME


MICHAEL


“Ma?” I turn to her and she has this odd expression on her face as the mists fade, leaving a stench behind. “Ma? What does this all...”


“Not a word from you!” Ma snarls. “I need to think! I need to think!” I’ve never seen her look at me like that, not even when I told her about Herma. “What this means, Lord Michael…” She clenches her fists. “...is that we’re stuck here! With just each other for company!”


“No, no...we can’t be! We can talk Christopher and David around. We can!”


“It’s not Christopher and David we need to talk around, you simpleton!” She rages and paces. “Didn’t you listen? No, of course you didn’t, you never do! It's you, and only you! You are first, last and always!” When I go to speak, she raises her finger, to silence me. “One minute, I need to check something!” She pulls out her phone and takes a deep breath. “I suspect he will answer quickly.” 


“Who?!” I demand, blocking her path and grabbing her shoulders. I release her quickly when her eyes blaze; but before she can bitch at me her phone beeps. When I try to see her screen, she steps away from me, then slowly starts to smile. “What? What is it?!”


“I can’t believe that it's true and he was behind it!” She starts to laugh. “But to answer your first question, it is Brian and Justin, for they are the true kings, who we need to appeal to and they don’t like us!”


“Them? Those two thugs?!” I gasp.


“Yes those two thugs! But at least I can have some amusement at your expense, recounting your tales of alleged prowess!”


“Ma…” I take her arm, but release her when she claws my hand. “Ouch! Calm down! What are you talking about? Who do I need to fuck to get us out of here, you know how good I am at that! And what’s this about prowess?!


“Let’s start there shall we?” She shoves me back into my throne. “Your prowess. Those numerous guys that you gave ‘the time of their lives’ to, you were set up, well the first guy was. The ones that followed up until you got Herma, couldn’t believe how bad you were and wanted to compare notes. He had no idea you would take their words seriously and cause the havoc you did.”


“Set up? Why and by who?!” I exclaim.


“Emmett. He got sick and tired of you carping about your virginity that he got your cherry plucker to pick you up, and the rest, as they say, is history...bad history!” I can only stare at her. “He’s just told the Elder and Aldermen and he’s been absolved of all blame, so he can rule alongside Drew. Once again, the fault lies solely with you.”


“You’re lying!” I’m so horrified that he’s done this and gotten away with it!


“Why would I lie about that?” She smirks as she sits down. “Don’t you remember the times we would sit around the proverbial water-cooler and talk about him? What did you call him, ah yes, the ‘deflator’. ”


“Ma, please…” I begin, but I know, judging by her expression, that it’s in vain. I begin to shake with impotent fury, the only saving grace is that only I get to hear what’s coming!


“How many men have you pleasured, Michael? I can answer that, it would be one, which would be you! It’s a pity for you that I have such a good memory…get comfortable!”


PLATEAU OF MOUNT VINSON - A MINUTE LATER


JR


“Can I turn back now?!” I grumble; slightly put out that I had to turn my back on the mists and cover my ears. I'm answered by Lindsay taking my hands down. “I  really don’t think that was necessary, I’m over 50 you know?!”


“And still too young to hear that!” Mel laughs. “Now, not that I can’t guess, but which one would you like to hold?”


“Hold what?” I frown.


“The wedding rings…there’s three of you so that’s one each”


“Why do they need three wedding rings?” I look at Ben for an answer.


“They, as in Brian and Justin don’t, but the other two need one each.” He explains.


“Bagsie Brian and Justin!” I glare at Gus and Hunter, daring them to contradict me. “And now that the moon has risen, we’ve got to get back so that we can get the wedding prepar…”


“Do not faint!” Drew orders as I get what’s just been said.


“I’m not going to faint!” I blush and bluster. “So, onto business; who’s whose?”


Mel opens her hand and they are utterly beautiful. “From left to right, Brian and Justin, David and Christopher and Emmett and Drew.”


“Now, get into position in front of your respective grooms...” Elder Statesmen Rodney orders, and although I do wobble, I get in front of my heroes, my kings! “...and repeat after me.” He clears his throat. “I betroth and crown thee in the eyes, hearts and souls of the past, present and future. May you rule with kindness, integrity and respect for all. I pledge on behalf of Halflings and Purebloods that we too will serve you with kindness, integrity and respect.” I’m almost bursting with pride, as are Gus and Hunter as we repeat the words. “You may step back now.” We do so. “My Kings, please turn to each other and seal your coronation and betrothal with a kiss.”


“Rodney!” Lord Victor cries out. “They do not have to do that!”


“Aww you never let me have any fun!” He pouts. 


“I think they should kiss! It would be so roman…” I pause as Brian signals for silence. “...what is it?”


“There’s a couple of guests.” Brian pulls Justin gently to the middle of the plateau. “You need to look up.”


JUSTIN


I do so, but can’t see anything but the moon and clouds. “What am I…”


“Wait.” Brian whispers as he wraps his arms around me; then a silver vortex surrounds us. “It gives me great pleasure to introduce you to your parents.” 


My mouth drops open as two spectral figures float down towards us; they come to a halt about six inches off the ground, the woman smiles. “What did they call you?”


“Ju...Justin. They named me Justin.” I choke out. “Mom? Dad? Really? Truly?” 


“Yes son, really and truly. And I’m glad to meet you and that they christened you that.” Dad smiles. “It was the one name we agreed on, oh the fights we had!” He laughs, it feels like a warming balm on my soul. “Handsome you are. And you sir, who are you?”


“Brian, his husband. It is a great honour.” 


“Thank you.” Mom replies and floats towards us, her arms outstretched. “May I have a hug?”


“We can do that?!” I sob looking at Brian for confirmation, in answer he pushes me forward.


Being taken into their embrace causes me to cry harder as I feel at peace and complete. I search their faces and see I share their looks. I have her eyes and his lips, they’re both blonde and tall. “I can’t think of a thing to say, except I love you and thank you for what you did.”


“We love you too and you’ve picked a beauty!” Dad chortles. “Now go back to him, we will always watch over you two.”


“Wait, just a few more seconds, please?!”


BRIAN


He is tearful as he walks back to me, everyone is quiet. “You okay?”


“You are the most perfect Vamp.” He declares and everyone sighs in relief, I can feel their burning questions, as can he. “I met my parents.”


“You did?! How wonderful!” Emmett declares before sobbing again, but he rallies quickly and wipes his eyes on Drews cloak. “Now, gather them and go on your honeymoon, shoo!”


“You have a honeymoon too remember?” Justin giggles.


“Yes, yes, but one of my first duties as King of Le Mont Coven is to order you to bugger off and get frotting!” 


“Yes my liege!” I snicker scooping Justin up. “We can come back for sustenance right?”


“Oh yeah!” He declares before porting us to the other side of the tundra.


JUSTIN


I land us gently enjoying his gasp of surprise. “When did…” He trails off and takes in the igloo that we’re standing in front of. “...I’ve always wanted one.” He touches the roof before getting inside. “Justin get in here!” 


“Are you su...oof!” I splutter as I land on his chest, his very naked chest. “Well that answers that question! Brian!” I squeal with laughter as he wrestles me out of my clothes, then pins me underneath him. “Thank you, for what you did, but can I do that? Can I summon souls and how can we?”


“Part of being a Warlock.” He nibbles my neck, then drops his head onto my chest. “You have got to be kidding?!” He glares as he gets up and pulls on his trousers. “Ortanique I take it?”


“And the galette! Two scoops of ice cream” I declare with a smile, he just shakes his head, and I start to make the bed in readiness for his return, he’s not long. As well as the food, he’s also brought a carafe of something but just one glass. “What’s that?”


“Blackberry bellini.” He puts the food down then fills the glass. “Let’s sit down.” We do so. “I want you to look, look deep into my eyes.” He starts to drink, my eyes widen as I taste the bellini at the same time. “No, that’s a love thing. Only Warlocks, part or pure it doesn’t matter, that are truly in love can share everything.”


“Is there anything else we can only do as Warlocks?”


“Oh yeah, and we’ve got centuries for me to teach you what they are.”


The End.




Blueberry galette with chocolate peanut ice cream:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/blueberry_galette_with_46523

Blackberry fizz cocktail: https://www.sainsburysmagazine.co.uk/recipes/drinks/blackberry-fizz-cocktail

 

Chapter End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive, thankds

The End.
MissMerlot is the author of 24 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Vampires: Being One and Loving One also liked 416 other stories.