- Text Size +

CHAPTER 14 - FACING HISTORY, DISPELLING MYTHS AND MESSING WITH HEADS


BRIGHTMORE CASTLE, LITHGLOW, AUSTRALIA - TWO DAYS LATER


CATACOMBS


JUSTIN


I know I shouldn’t be, but I am still embarrassed, so I sit finding solace in the semi darkness. All this time and I never knew! I never knew as I was never taught. It was always, you need to hone your skills, worry about being a vamp later. I think back to my adopted father, Master at Arms Dixon, and realise how hard he must have laughed at me, about as much as he reminded me that I am not his true son. Him a halfblood, training a pure blood. When I asked Brian who trained him, he looked astonished, as nobody did. It is ingrained, we know how to fight, to protect, we know, well he did. This was kept from me. I was taught to suppress that side! 


I hear the rustle of the bedding upstairs, and wait. He doesn't take long to sit next to me. “So how long are you going to beat yourself up about this?” Brian shakes his head when I go to protest. “Outside, don’t rattle my drum, please.”


“I...part of me is feeling taken in, but the other part now gets me, if you see?” He nods. “I am so glad when she left him she took me with her. We both thought she would leave me with him, and…”


“Unleashed. That’s the film you are thinking of, about a guy who was kept on a chain until his owner wanted him to fight.” I nod and he gets up, waving me forward. I rest against him. “And you would’ve worked it out, eventually. That side of you would’ve come through, and in a way it has because of your skills. I bet you got better when you left with your mom?” I think about it for a moment, then roll my eyes. “Where is he anyway?” 


“Who, Dixon? Don’t know, and before...stop reading...I would’ve said I don't care, but I do. I want to know why he tried to handicap me like that!”


“What good would it do?” He immediately tightens his embrace. “Calm, calm and think, what good would it do? You’ve already beaten him, you know you, well mostly, you still have a bit to learn...” I look up at him, he rolls his lips in. “...oh come on, it is a bit funny!”


“This cost me thousands of dollars!” I kvetch. 


“And tomorrow we'll tear it down and use it for something else…hehehehe...I mean we...inside voice outside of head!”


“Not funny!” I repeat, then sigh. “So many wasted years. Always wanted to ride him during the day. We tried a couple of times at night, but he wasn’t happy, so I just watched from...”


“Who?” I try not to smile at the edge in his voice.


“Joe. He’s a Mustang, bought him as a foal, and because I believed the ‘sun’ lie, I never went outside…”


“Shut up!” He grumbles. “You ‘lifted’ when you mentioned his name. What was I supposed to think?” I turn around and wrap my legs around his waist. “Okay, so every, and I mean every, Vamp has a functioning heart. For Pures, it is like the size of um a...uh...melon seed, but whilst it is small, it is mighty, especially when you are ‘feeling’ something true.” 


We sit in silence for a minute before I look up at him. “Did you help me float the first time we met?”


“A bit. I got you up, but you did the rest.” He smiles proudly. “So are you going to teach me?”


“Teach you what?” I am puzzled. What could I possibly teach him?!


“I used to be scared of them, but then I did some research. And since you’ve got a herd...”


“Really?! You want to ride a Mustang?!” I gasp, scrambling to get up. “Can we get rid of this shit now, then rest so I can wake up and be dazzled by two things, which I know are cliched?!”


“Sure.” Brian chortles. “And it is not cliched! I like that you want to wake up to the sunrise with me in your bed, now come on, let’s tear down these walls!”


THREE HOURS LATER


BRIAN


It took longer than we thought, but every barricade, shutter and blind is down, and the windows open. The mustiness that greeted me when we arrived is being blown away, replaced by the sweet smell of fresh air. 


I watch him carefully. Although I have explained and shown him the passages in the book that ‘prove’ we won’t disintegrate to dust if we go in sunshine, he is still wary. I even had to ‘call’ on Alderman Earl to explain that the reason we trained indoors was mostly for Michael and Lindsay. They are so lazy, and that combined with how I wanted to push them, would’ve been too much. Ben and Mel are still at Le Mont Washington Coven, keeping an eye on Michael and Lady Deborah, who are anxious for our return. Gus and JR have gone to stay with George and Drew, Todd has remained with Dr Schmidt to see what they can do about the latest strain. 


“How about I step into that pool of sunshine there and you join me?” I suggest as he paces in the darkness. “It is not as strong, baby steps.” He stops pacing, then gives a tiny nod. The only sound is my feet on the marble, then a small gasp as I step into the sunbeam. “Open your eyes.” I command. “You need to see where you are walking. And walk, don't run.” I can feel him fighting the urge to rush back, but he makes it to me. He looks up, relieved. “Now turn around and look at the sun.” I order, and slowly he does so. He blinks a couple of times before a huge smile breaks across his face. “Feels good, right?”


“And smells good too. Ben would use the tower and always have the windows open. I felt so jealous. The air smells so sweet, why is that?”


“Why is that what?” I tease. “It is simple, you have reached verum tuae sui acceptatio. It means…”


“Acceptance of your true self. And…” He gapes for a few seconds. “Brian, you did? Please tell me you did, seriously?!” He is almost shaking me. 


“Yes, yes, I did, I got the recipe for the honey cake from Emmett. You so wanted one, just could not figure out why you didn’t have any. Now I know it was because of the lies and bullshit. We have a very sweet tooth, especially Pures, so wanna bake?”


“This is the best day of my life!” He cries, rushing to the kitchen and jumping into the pools of sunshine on the way.


LE MONT WASHINGTON COVEN - EARLY DUSK


TURRET ROOF


MICHAEL


I turn as Ma arrives. “Anything?” I demand. 


“Nothing! He said if I was meant to know, I would’ve been invited! And, of course, I won't get anything out of Emmett.” We sit in silence for a few seconds before we see a figure approaching. “What is it with people just coming by like we are some drop in shelter?! Who is this now?” 


“Don’t know, but he looks good in that!” I murmur before standing. “How do I…”


“Christopher! Open the door!” Being bellowed by David stops my searching for a compliment. “It’s Brandon! I can’t believe it!” 


“Let’s go downstairs!” Ma orders. There is something in her voice that makes me follow quickly.


CAVE OUTSIDE BRIGHTMORE CASTLE - SAME TIME


BRIAN


I am sprawled out, gasping, he is smiling at me. Slowly but surely, the cave goes quiet. “Enjoyed that, did you?”


“Yeah.” He sighs as he sits near the entrance, whilst I loosen my jeans.


“I bet you read the last page first in books too?” I sit up on my elbows and shake my head at his cheeky grin. “Now come here.” I pull him to me, he doesn’t resist. “You made me oh so messy. Care to explain why, as in why then?” His fingers slide into my jeans. I watch, fascinated, as he slowly withdraws them, then licks them clean. “How did it taste?”


“A bit sweet.” He looks thoughtful. “I just wanted to. You are so controlled, and besides, it wasn’t entirely my idea!” 


“Alderman Earl gave you a steer, I take it?”


“Mmm. He said you fancy the ass off him, why not do something about that?”


“Hmmm. I have never cum like that from a fantasy, and as head fucks go, that was...yeah that was!” 


“Have you done that with someone else?” I feel his wariness. Now is not the time for a white lie.


“Yeah, a couple, but ‘felt like that’, definitely not. It also helped that thinking of you riding Joe bareback, whilst naked, all I could think of was putting my tongue right there.” I slide my hand down his cheeks then between his legs. “The thought of you wriggling, whimpering, and begging in my hands as I...”


“Oh no...” He moans, I feel his eyes flutter shut against my chest


I tilt his chin up. “Oh yes. Ah-ah-ah, open them. What are you feeling?” 


GREAT HALL - SAME TIME 


DEBS


As we enter, we find ‘Brandon’ twirling David around before setting him on the floor. “And who is this gorgeous man?” He demands. “Is he with you?”


“No, most definitely not!” Michael exclaims, striding forward, then standing in front of Christopher. “I am. It is me that is with David, I am Master Michael, and…”


“Not the person I want to meet right now.” Brandon states before stepping around him. “So you are?”


“Christopher. I am…”


“As Michael, my first son, was saying…” I cut Christopher off. “...we, for I am Lady Deborah, are the heads of the household whilst Lord Victor is absent, so…”


“Another person I don’t want to meet yet. And Lord Victor is not absent, he is upstairs. We arranged to meet in about ten minutes. Where is Emmett?”


“How do you know Emmett?” I smile. He just stares back.


“That is for us to know and for you to try and fail to find out without Emmett’s assistance, and since I want to have a word with that little rascal...Emmett!” He bellows, whilst both Michael and I gape at the tone that David is using. The nerve, doesn’t he know I can have him banished just like that? Before either of us can say anything, a grinning Emmett enters. “Why didn’t you tell me?!”


“Oh, surprise! David, your cousin is in town! Better?” He titters before kissing a smiling David on the cheek. “Forgiven?”


”Thanks for the heads up, and yes, you are forgiven!” David laughs. “As if I could stay mad at you for long. Brandon, you said you were here for Lord Victor?” He nods. “Then Christopher and I will go and finish the poker game we started, no more study for you!”


“It is just one chapter, and then…”


“No. David is right, you’ve studied enough, more than enough, and you don't need to.” Emmett glances at Michael, who yawns. “That way...” He looks at his watch. “...you can finish your hand and feed at the same time.” He points to the door, and a smiling David and a ‘put upon’ Christopher start to leave.


“David.” Brandon calls out. “Perhaps, we can meet tomorrow, maybe spend the day together…the three of us?” Brandon lays down his cloak and Michael perks up, have to admit he does look good.


“Oh yes, that would be perfect!” Michael declares.


“How has three become four?” Brandon frowns.


“What do you mean?” I feel my nails sharpen.


“I want to spend time with my cousin and Christopher, but now your first son has invited himself along when he really should be focused on other things. He got 2% on his paper. The Aldermen are not impressed, nor are the Master Lieutenants, who are returning from...”


“You know where they are?” Michael asks eagerly...once again, too eager!


“Those that need to know, know.” Victor states as he enters. “Brandon, you are looking well. Let us retire to my chambers…”


“Your chambers?!” I exclaim. “Why?!”


“Because what we are about to discuss does not concern you.” Emmett bites out. “Lord Victor, Brandon, please go up. Oh, and if you can seal their rooms…”


“Whose rooms? You take too much on, Emmett!” I explode.


“No, he does not!” Brandon snarls. “He is reminding me to do as the Aldermen bid, I had forgotten.” He looks to the ceiling, and after a few minutes of incantation, smiles. “Nobody but who they want in there gets in there, and by they, I mean the Alderman and Master Lieutenants. Even if you manage to persuade him to allow you in, you cannot enter.” He looks at Michael and me as if we are dirt. “And if I see you skulking around during the time I wish to spend with Christopher and David, I will not be happy, and have no issue with showing you how much! The fangs of a Half take longer to regenerate...think on that.”


I say nothing as they all sweep out. I only follow so I can shut the door behind them.


“Ma...what is going on? Who is that rude man? I have a good mind to…”


“If you had a good mind, we would not be in this situation!” I snap, and he looks wounded. “Go to your room and study, Michael. Brandon must be a big deal. Queen Jennifer looked panicked when she mentioned him. The fact that they are in Vic’s chambers and not here is a big deal. He…”


“Why? What’s the difference between here and there?” Michel grumps before draping himself over his ‘throne’. “I fancy a snack now, if only someone was...”


“Michael!” 


“What are you yelling for?!” He looks startled.


“Because rooms, once incanted, are sacrosanct. Nobody with ‘ill intentions’ can get in there!”


“We don't have ill intentions!” He protests. “We want the proper people to rule, which is me and David, and you as our advisor…”


“And that’s another thing, spend time with David. He and Christopher are getting too close for my liking. Since when do they play poker together?”


“Which do you want me to do?” He pouts. “Study or be with David? I can't do both at the same time!”


“Funny, Christopher seems to be managing to do that just fine!” I retort. “Go and do what you think achieve our aims.” 


“In that case, I am going out. I can study in the morning. It's not as if the Aldermen or Master Lieutenants are coming any time soon…”


CAVE - SAME TIME


BRIAN


“Brian.” He breathes.


“Tell me, what am I doing to you?”


“You have me naked against the mountain in Ireland.” He swallows hard. “You’re fing...fingering with one hand and stroking my cock with the other. Feels so good! So real!” Like me a few minutes before, when he assailed my mind with him giving me blow job, he is starting to squirm, I had to get off Jeb quickly, just about making it into the cave before I came. “Flicking my slit!” He pants before throwing one leg across my hips and starting to grind. “Yes, oh yes!” His yelping and rutting are turning me on so much!  


“Give me your wrist!” I demand, and quickly he holds out his arm, I pull it against my lips, then bite down and take a tiny taste of him. Not too much, as I don’t want him overwhelmed. “Oh!” I gasp as I realise he has bitten me at the same time, just below my collar bone. 


“I...I...I...oh!” He cries. I smile as I feel him throb and pulse against me. I wait for him to calm before licking the bite closed. “Don’t...I want to do it.” He mutters before returning the sealing favour. “Did you cum again?”


“Not as hard, but yeah, I did.” I brush his hair away from his neck, his pulse is staccato. “Ah, maybe I shouldn’t have, are...”


“Don’t. It was wonderful.” He slowly lifts his head and looks around. “We should go back, we need to replenish.” 


“Hmm.” Carefully we make our way back to the horses. I mount Joe and reach down for Justin. Once he is settled, and with a click of his tongue, the four of us make our way back to the castle.


INSIDE THE CHAMBER OF ALDERMEN ELDERS, ICELAND - TWO MINUTES LATER


EARL


“He…” I begin, completely flummoxed by this turn of events. “....I do believe we seriously underestimated their attraction to each other!”


“Replenish? Justin did say that, right?” Caroline looks at each of us. “Not ‘feed’ he said replenish.”


“I knew it, I knew he would!” Bernardus crows. We fight not to roll our eyes, he tends to get a little frothy when he’s right about something! “Didn't I say he would?! Brian is helping him get stronger. He wants him to be the equal he knows him to be as a Pure. Excellent, this is excellent!” 


Rodney beams, but then his face drops a little and he sighs.


“Rodney?” Virginia touches his arm, he shakes his head. “It is something, so what? Is it the Herma and the Le Mont Washington and Liberty Pitts coven shenanigans?”


“A bit of that, but mostly it's them…” He gestures towards the fading image of  Brian and Justin in the kitchen feeding each other honey cake. “...their pure bliss will be the stuff of legend, and we won't get to see it because they won't let us. They’re stronger together. This was a fluke, they were lost in the moment…and what a moment! I mean Brian was like a geyser and as for Justin...”

 

“Rodney!” We all exclaim before dissolving into hysterical laughter.

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive. Thank you