- Text Size +

CHAPTER 8 - A HISTORY LESSON AND A LESSON TAUGHT


JUSTIN


“How are you doing this?” I mutter.


“Did you hear my question?” Brian turns me back to face him and lifts my chin.


“They dumped me at an orphanage before the cord was cut.” I reply bitterly, and he looks surprised. “Well, that’s what I was told. Do you know differently?” 


“Yes. Have you heard of the two humans who sacrificed themselves,  along with two vamps, for peace?”


“Of course, everyone ha…” I blink at him. “...they weren’t my parents, were they? How am I here then?” The miniscule human part of my heart beats faster. “I heard rumours that she was pregnant when she died.”


He sighs and pulls us deeper into the shadows. “She was, you were made pure to save you and I was made pure because of what my parents did.” I am completely flummoxed. “You alright? I know this must be a huge shock, but am curious as to who told you about them dumping you like garbage.”


“Can’t remember. I have to…” I begin, and am about to step out when the gazebo door opens. In strides Lady Deborah and her offspring, both looking sour faced. 


“Sssh.” Brian orders, pulling me back against him. 


“So what happened that you ended up with just Lindsay?!” She rounds on him.


“We failed an exam that those devil children set!” He slumps on the sofa and works his jaw. “And she bitched all the way there, didn’t stop until we were in the air! You’d think she’d be grateful for my blowing skills!” 


“Blowing...oh, well done! Who was it?” Grinning, she sits next to him, a little too close in my opinion, and, judging by that shudder, Brian thinks the same.


“Started with the co, ended with the chief pilot, before, during, and after.” He smirks, then leans closer. “He was a good two inches on David in length, and at least one in girth!” I turn and bury my face in Brian’s chest to clear that lascivious expression of hers from my mind. Slowly, I turn back around. “And the noises he made!” 


“I’ll bet! Now seriously, you can’t go around being your normal self, you have to knuckle down and pass these things.” He leans across before kissing her on her mouth. 


“I will, Ma. I promise.”


Brian and I exchange nauseated looks, and almost bring up what we had last night when she smiles and licks her lips before scrubbing her mouth. “Michael, for fuck sake! I hope you at least brushed your teeth afterwards?!” 


“Nope, but I used mouthwash.” He snickers, then runs out the door before she can react.


“I think I am going to vomit!” I mutter.


“Tamp it down.” Brian tells me. “I mean it, if you barf and anything hits me sitting is going to be a problem!” I look up at him, furious. “What? Do you think I can’t or won’t spank you? “


“Now just a minute, that was repulsive! How can you possibly want to spank me as a reflex to that!” I bellow.


“She was as disgusted as we are!” He shouts back. 


“But she almost creamed when he was telling her about the blowing skills, which, I might add, I have heard are not as great as he seems to think!”


“Oh you heard that too?!” He snorts. 


“Back to the spanking; when you do that for this, then that is not fair!” I exclaim, he looks amused. “It’s not!”


So you want me to spank you?” He murmurs, and runs his hands over my butt.


“Of course not!” I declare. “I am just…”


“You said when, not if, which to me suggests that you entertain the idea, just not for this reason.” I blink at him. “She’s gone. You can let us out now.” He shoves me gently. “Let me explain what you, not me, but you did. Take my hand and don't let go.” He nods towards the sofa. Confused, I lead him out, and we sit down. “You were angry when they came in. What is your problem with him?”


“Your lips are moving. When we were back there, they weren’t, or at least I don’t think they were.”


“No, they weren’t.” He replies. Well, when I say replies, I hear him, but his lips now aren't moving. “Stop thinking and do.” His tone is gentle.


“Can you hear me?” I ask.


“Yep, but there is no need to whisper. Only I can hear you in my head.” Again, I am back to blinking. “You have always had the ability, but blocked yourself. So, back to what your problem is with the wannabe stud?” 


“Hold on.” I stand up and go to the window, but keep myself in the shade. Whilst Lady Deborah had gone, she hasn’t gone far, and now is searching in her pockets. “Get behind me!” I order. He is there in nanoseconds. “Did you see anything fall from her person?” 


“No.” We both look at the sofa, and can see nothing. “There is something, I can…”


“...feel it.” I finish his sentence like it is the most natural thing in the world. “Can you get Mel to keep a close eye on her? Whilst Lindsay likes the idea of being a queen, I don’t…”


“...get the feeling that she would be so bothered as him if she wasn’t? My thoughts exactly. There is something about him being Lord of the Coven that she is almost feral about.”


“Lady Deborah! Come quickly, you have guests!” Is shouted from the coven doors.


“I am not expecting anyone! Who is it?! This is not a good time for us!” She hollers as she strides towards the voice.


“Lord George, his son, Drew, and their Steward, Todd. They wish to see the children.”


“If they could take them with them when they leave, that would be great. There are too many people around these days!”


We say nothing as she heads inside, and the door shuts behind her. “Well, what do you think about that?!” I glare at him.


“Outside voice!” He barks back, and I flinch at the slight pinch behind my eye, then rub the back of my neck. “You alright?” 


“Yeah. Sorry, didn’t mean to shout.” I sigh, then almost purr as he massages the base of my skull. “Seriously, what in fuck is going on here?”


“I don’t know, but I intend to find out.” 


“And we will. Now let’s go say howdy to their guests.” I take his hand and step out. “We’re connected in some way, aren't we?”


“Yes.” He replies with a smile. “But as much as I trust Ben, Mel, and the pages…”


“...I agree, the less that know the better.”


“That is gonna take getting used to.” He grumbles, but then smiles when I kiss his cheek. “Get inside, you little imp!” I chuckle as I make my way out, then pause just before the doors. I look back, and even though it is now dark in the gazebo, I can see him, and can feel his finger tracing over his lips. “Inside, you twannock! And put your teeth out!”


“Put my...oh, right! Um, how do I do that?”


“Think about what makes you mad about...” Immediately, they spring forth. “...we are going to talk about that, alright? Because whatever it is, it is not just because of Ben, is it?”


My head drops and I sigh. “No it’s not, but we need to be away from here, okay?”


“We leave on Sunday. I have a place nobody knows about.”


“Thank you.” I whisper, then, steeling myself, head inside to face, once again, the man that I hate more than the devil himself.

 

Chapter End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive. Thanks.