- Text Size +

Chapter 6


Justin reached across the bed to find Brian but found only emptiness, “Brian, where are you?”  He heard something in the outer room of the suite and stumbled out of the bedroom into the dimly lit living space.  Brian was pacing back and forth and when he saw Justin he approached him. Justin saw worry all over his face.


“Ya, I’ll call you when I have definites,” with that Brian hung up on whoever he was talking to.


“Bri, what’s wrong? It isn’t the kids is it?” Brian pulled Justin close but didn’t say anything for a moment. “You’re scaring me, Baby.”  Justin said softly.


Brian kissed Justin who was still warm from sleep.  “I am going to have to fly back to the states today.  That was Ted,” he looked at his phone and dropped it in a nearby chair.  “There is something going on I just can’t make Peter and Ted deal with. I will take the plane and send it back for you so you can join me this weekend in New York City.”


“What is it? Is there anything I can do?”


“You can get that cute ass back in bed.  I’m going to call the pilot and then I will join you.  The pilot will need a few hours to get the flight scheduled so we will have plenty of time….” His head dipped and as he claimed Justin’s mouth, his hand grazed Justin’s ass and then his fingers drifted down the crack and found what he was looking for.  Justin moaned as Brian’s finger made a very brief entrance. Brian then turned him to face the bed and swatted the perfect globes as he walked back to the bed.


Brian joined him in a few minutes. He pressed his long, lean body against Justin, claiming his lips again, and doing a re-entry.  “God, I love that you are always ready and willing to play with me.” He had Justin turn his back to him and reached around grabbing Justin’s cock.  Timing the thrusts and strokes, Brian would bring him to the edge and hold completely still until they both gained control again. “I don’t want to leave you.  I would do anything to stay here.” Brian played the start and stop game several times before through gritted teeth Justin said, “Don’t stop, please, don’t stop. I love you, Brian Kinney.” Both men uttered words of cheer pleasure as they came together.


Justin usually would lay there quietly for some time but tonight  he turned to face him and pressed his body fully against Brian’s and stroked his cheek. “I wish you didn’t have to leave. You never told me what  is going on.”


“We had a mole in the company.  I need to go see what damage he did and see what contracts we can save and what we will lose.  It is nothing I can’t handle.” They shared little kisses and touches as their bodies began to respond again.  With feathery touches of hands and lips the tension built again. Brian traced the newly healed scar. “We will be back together by the weekend and we get to see our kids and our grandbaby.  I can’t believe how much I love that little girl already. I love you, Sunshine.” He moved down Justin’s body and lovingly took him in his mouth. Brian’s talented tongue soon had Justin thrashing on the mattress and before he expected it Justin filled his mouth.  Brian laid his head on Justin’s pelvis and closed his eyes. He woke up to the ringing of his phone twenty minutes later. “Shit!” As Brian ran to the bathroom for a shower he said, “Tell the pilot I’ll be down in 10 minutes.”


By the time Brian got out of the shower and pulled on some jeans, Justin had his clothes packed for him.  “I will see you in five days, Sunshine. ``I love you.”


“Five days. Call me.”  Justin kissed him as Brian ran out the door.



Gus drove to the county jail on Monday morning and was surprised to find Dan there.  “I didn’t expect you, Dan. I’m sure everything will be fine.”


“I think it will, too.  I am here because I promised to check on something for Marcus.  I really don’t know what to expect with Kam and you. Remember he will have a meal with him and if you are going to be later than 5:30 in the evening, you need to let the jail know.  They are checking on finding a halfway house for him to live with later. He has to stay here for a while but after he has proven himself they would allow him to live somewhere else with supervision.”


“I’m not worried, Dan.  I’ve had to deal with my childish parents all my life.  I think I can deal with a kid.” Dan laughed along with Gus.  It was true. Gus had been in the middle of stuff more than once.


“You know, that’s very true.  I’ve been in the middle of their stuff myself.  But don’t forget this kid almost killed both your dads.  I mean when I saw all the blood on Justin….” Dan saw Gus’ reaction and realized he may not have known how serious it was. “Gus, it wasn’t nearly as bad as it looked at first glance.  Trust me it didn’t slow him down long. Dan had images of the four men together at the beach. He wondered if their friendship had moved to a different level. He would not have even considered it if it was anyone else.  He shook his head and came back to reality. “Here he comes.” Dan gave Kam a cold glare but walked the other way and let Gus take over.


“Hey, Kam.  I’m sure you remember I’m Gus Kinney,” he offered his hand and Kam shook it. “You ready to go?”


Kam looked at his feet.  In the last few days he had learned to stay quiet was to stay safe.  Softly he said, “I was supposed to ask if you have water on the work site.”


“You will always have water available on my sites.” Gus saw him nod at the guard at the door and he led the way to his pickup.


Dan went to find the County Sheriff. He had promised Marcus he would find out about this ‘kid’ they had in jail.  Marcus had such a better man than he was. He had a kind heart and an inner need for justice which had long ago been tarnished in Dan.  He knocked on the door when the secretary waved him past. “Dan, come in. What can I do for you? I got your message you were stopping by.”


Dan shook the Sheriff’s hand, “Well, I am here because something I heard last night when I was here with McCarty.  He said something about having a kid in jail with him.”


“I’m afraid we do.  We are hoping to get a placement in a foster home or juvenile facility.  The kid was caught stealing groceries on the other side of the county. He’s probably not even 14 yet but it appears he is on his own.  And Dan, I don’t want you to take offense but one of the few things we got out of him was that he is gay. We just aren’t sure what to do about him.”


“Where are his parents? Where is he from?”


“No one seems to know what his name is.  The employees at the store where he was arrested said they had seen him around for a couple weeks.  One even thought they saw him sleeping in the alley one night. But without knowing who he is, how old he is, we are kind of at a loss as to what to do with him.  We are looking for someone to be his advocate in front of the court. Maybe if we could find the right person, he would open up to them. The only people he has said anything to is a couple words to the attorney we appointed for him, that’s how we found out he claims he’s gay, and McCarty.  He is only inmate we have that is still a teenager so I guess he feels a little familiarity with him.”


“You have your doubts about him being gay?”


“Only because there have been a couple cases of people claiming to be gay so they might get separated from the general population.  Come over to this side of my desk,” the sheriff directed Dan. The sheriff pointed to his computer screen and there was what looked like a very young boy sitting in a cell.


“You said you were looking for someone to be a court advocate.  What does that require?”


“Are you interested?” the sheriff looked surprised.


“No, but I have a feeling my husband will be.”


“He has some political connections, doesn’t he?”


“His mother is in politics so she has connection. What would it take?” Dan was thinking maybe Marcus would see how much work kids were or get enough of them this way.


“I am sure it wouldn’t take much for him to be approved.  If he is interested tell him to stop by and I will get him connected with the judge in the case.  Dan, you may have just saved me a lot of headaches.”


“I hope I am not causing more for myself.  I better get to work. Let me know if there are any issues with McCarty and the job.”


Dan walked out and headed to Marcus’ office.  As he walked to the door he saw Red sitting by his desk just like he did that first day he had walked into that room.  Who knew that would change his whole life. Who knew he would be married to such a young man. They were nearly 20 years apart in age but not in heart.  He strode in and Marcus stood when he walked in. Dan walked over to him, put an arm around his waist and pulled him close kissing him.


“I wanted to do that the first time I walked through that door.  Now I can!” Dan kissed him once more bending him backward this time.  When they stood up this time both of them were a little shook. “God, I love you, Red,” he said softly. 


“I love you, too, Darling. Did you talk to the sheriff?”


“I did and Kam was telling the truth.  The kid has said very little but he told his attorney he is gay.  That is all they know.”


“Did you see him?”  Marcus asked.


“Only on a monitor.  He is young. I would guess between 12 and 14.”


“That is young.  Why is he in with adults?”


“Unless he will talk they don’t know where to send him.”


“What did he do?”


“He stole groceries.  My guess is he was hungry.”


“What can we do to help this kid?”


“You want to try to get through to him?

“Can I talk to him?”


“Stop by and talk to the sheriff. He will tell you what to do to become an official advocate for the kid.”  


“You really do know me, don’t you?”  


“Red, I know every inch of that beautiful body.” Dan started to maneuver his hand into the back of Marcus’ slacks. Just then the bell on the door range and Dan jumped back.


“Relax, boss,” Tyler laughed as he walked over to the men.


“Hey, congratulations, Tyler.  How is everyone?” Marcus asked.


Tyler’s face changed as he told them about his perfect daughter and amazing wife.  “I have to be the luckiest man in the world, and my mom is moving here, which brings me to the reason I am here.”


“Your mom needs an apartment?”  Marcus switched to business mode.


“Actually, Molly and I need a bigger place.  We love our apartment but with two kids it isn’t practical.  Molly would go crazy for a big old house with good bones, whatever that means.”


“Well, there are lots of good old houses around here.  How big are you thinking?”


“Well we need at least four bedroom and a home office.  I think it would be great if my mom could have an apartment with us,too, on the ground level.  Obviously, that would take some remodeling but we don’t mind. We can get the big stuff done and then live there while we finish it.”


“I have a couple in mind already.  Let me contact the owners of the houses I am thinking about and then I will call you.  Is Molly coming along?”


“Why don’t I see them and take pictures.  Then she can pick the couple she likes best and we can look at those again, if that’s alright?”


“That sounds great.  You two go back to what you were doing when I came in, but you might want to lock the door if you continue what you were up to.”  Tyler laughed and walked out of the office.


“You expecting anyone?” Dan asked.  Marcus shook his head. Dan walked over and locked the door.  He then looked around the office and quickly found a place where they weren’t in sight of the windows and door and he grabbed Marcus’ hand.  They stood behind a partition that they could see over but their bodies were hidden. “Drop those pants, young man, and let me have my way with you.”


Marcus pulled a face at him, “You really are an old guy, aren’t you?” He laughed as he turned his back to Dan and dropped his pants.  After Dan opened his own fly and his erect cock was out he took each of Marcus’ hand and placed them on top of the room divider. He moved closer and began to demand entrance. He leaned forward and bit Marcus’ neck to distract him from the pain he knew Marcus’ felt.  Once he was in, he placed both his hands on Marcus’ hands and as he thrust forcefully. Leaning close to his ear, Dan said,” Now how old am I?”


“Darling, there is nothing old about you! Oooh lord, that feels….god, so …. I love you!” he shouted as he lost control. Marcus grabbed a promotional T-shirt, so he didn’t mess all of them up.   Dan removed his hands and wrapped his arms around Marcus’ waist. He continued to thrust for another minute or so before he threw his head back as he filled his husband. He tightened his grip on Marcus so he couldn’t move. Dan’s hands moved up and wrapped his arms around Marcus’ shoulders, pinning Marcus button down clad back tightly against him.


“Red, I know you will go talk to the sheriff and I know you will soon be visiting with that boy.  Just don’t get sucked in, Ok? I don’t want you hurt. I couldn’t stand that.” Dan kissed him right behind his ear which he knew drove him crazy. As he continued to lick and nibble and kiss Marcus by his ear he felt a shiver run through Marcus again.


“I wouldn’t trade you for any young stud.  They would never have your skill.” Marcus crabbed the soiled T-shirt again.  


Dan removed himself and took the shirt from Marcus to clean himself up and then threw the T-shirt in the garbage.  “I owe you for one T-shirt.”


“I am sure I can collect in other ways.” Marcus turned and brushed his cock against Dan’s and they both shivered. “And yes, I am going to the sheriff’s office soon.  “I can’t knowingly allow a kid to sit in an adult jail without trying to help him someway. Even if I just have to get some details and get my mom involved. She has friends in this state.”  


Both men were just getting their clothing straightened and Marcus looked up to see the Sheriff standing at the door.  “Good thing what we just did isn’t illegal anymore,” Marcus smirked.


“Sad but true,” Dan said as Marcus walked to  the door. Dan chuckled a little. “Gee, Red, you’re walking funny.”


Marcus threw a killer look over his shoulder as he unlocked the door.  “Hey Sheriff. We were just talking about you.”  


“With the door locked?”


“Sheriff, I was just on my way out,” Dan said quickly.  “Unless you came to talk to me.”


“Well, if you can stay I’d appreciate it. Right after you left, I got a call and was ordered to find other accommodations for this kid.  Dan, you have training in this and, Marcus, I hear you are interested in helping out. Here’s my proposal to you. I found a school program for the kid.  Sorry, I don’t know what else to call him. I need someplace for him to live.”


“We’ll take him!” Marcus blurted.


Dan stared at him and the Sheriff said, “I’ll let you talk about this.”


Defiantly, Marcus said, “I will take him.”  He looked at Dan and dared him to say differently. 


Dan started to open his mouth to say something but then turned to the sheriff.  “I’ll come over after lunch and get the legalities figured out.” He guided the man to the door.  Marcus expected Dan to turn around as the sheriff left but instead he walked out with him.



Gus drove Kam out to the site.  He tried to start a conversation but didn’t push it when Kam would barely say yes or no. Gus introduced him to the foreman who knew what the situation was.  Gus put him in charge of Kam for the morning while Gus did his job and watched from a distance. Kam seemed to be paying attention but it was obvious he had never held a hammer before.  By noon, Kam was obviously tired. Shelby always packed Gus’ lunch for him the night before and he asked her to pack extra. He wasn’t sure what Kam would have in his lunch from jail.  


Gus walked over and dropped onto the ground next to Kam.  He could physically see Kam tense up. “So, what do you have in your lunch?”  Gus laughed, “Why do I feel like I’m back in junior high.” Kam didn’t answer. He just looked at the peanut butter sandwich in front of him.  “Have I done something to offend you?” Gus looked him directly in the eyes and defied him to look away.


“No, I….why are you being so nice to me?  Why do you care? Why do you work like this when you have all the money you could ever need?”


“Last question first, I don’t have a lot of money, my dads do.  As to why I am being nice to you...I have met your father. I am betting he wasn’t an easy man to live with or to say no to.  Of course, when I was trying to say no to him he had drugged me.” Gus pulled a face, “I’m sorry, I wouldn’t want my dads problems hung over my head. Everybody makes mistakes and many have to pay for it.  Well, you are paying for your mistake and hopefully, it won’t be so terrible working with my crew. But, that sandwich will not do.” Gus passed over a bun stacked with ham and set a container of potato salad in front of him.  “That skimpy sandwich isn’t enough for a working man. My wife is an amazing cook and we always have plenty in the fridge to share.”


Kam glanced up and looked Gus in the eye for a moment. “Thanks, but I’d be fine….”


“Shut up and eat.” Gus said sternly but winked when Kam looked at him.    And a routine began.



Marcus received a text from Dan.  It simply said, ‘Be at the sheriff’s office at 4:00 to sign papers.’  Marcus was fairly sure that was the first text from Dan since they were a real couple that he didn’t close it with love or some form of affection.  He hoped he hadn’t pushed him too far but he knew he couldn’t live knowing that kid was, who knows where.


He texted back ‘see you there! Love you’.  He waited for a response but didn’t get it.


Marcus took Tyler to a couple different places and also emailed the profiles to Molly.  

When they got to the third one, Molly texted an address to them.  It was a house they hadn’t been to yet. The text just said, ‘this one’.  Tyler looked at Marcus. “Is this one you were going to show me?”


“It is but I didn’t know if you would be interested in that one.  It is structurally very sound. It is huge. If you remodeled one wing for your mom.  Let’s go over there. It is right on the edge of town.”


“I must have gone past it 100 times and I can’t picture it.” An hour later, Tyler was on the phone with Molly.  “You’re right, Molly. It is perfect. Are you up to coming over now or would you rather do it tomorrow?”


“I’ll come over now.  Mom leaves tomorrow. I will see if your mom wants to come along since she will be living there, too.  We’ll bring Paul and mom can have a little time with Jenna by herself.”


An hour later Molly and Brenda were talking remodeling and were sketching plans.  Tyler was in charge of Paul but he had little to do with Marcus there. “So when are you and Dan going to have one?”


“Probably never,” Marcus’ tone was sad.  “Dan says no kids but starting tonight we are going to be housing a teenager until they can find a permanent placement for him.  Although, I’m not sure Dan is talking to me after I set this up.”


“Dan always seems fine with Paul and Taylor and I know he loves Brinn.”


“He is just sure he wouldn’t be a good dad. It’s the one area he has no confidence. And, damn it, I want kids.” 


“Damn it.”  Paul repeated.


“Oops, maybe I shouldn’t be a dad.” He laughed along with Tyler while Paul just smiled up at them.  


As Brenda and Molly came back into the room Paul ran, “Grammy, damn it.” he grinned and threw himself into her arms.


“Tyler Harris, did your son hear you say that!”


“I apologize. It was my bad.”  Marcus confessed. “I don’t mean to rush you but I have an appointment in 15 minutes.”


Molly looked at Tyler.  “I know we have to talk price but I want this house.” Molly took Tyler’s arm and he put it around her waist, pulling her close.  “Can you send us the stats, square footage of the house and the property?”


“I’ll get it to you and I can come over with paperwork whenever it works for you.”      They walked out and Marcus locked the house up. He left his friends and clients standing in the front yard but he was not going to be late for this meeting.  He walked into the county jail five minutes ahead of time. He was glad he had arrived ahead of Dan. He heard a strange noise coming from somewhere as he waited at the desk for someone to appear. After a couple minutes the noise in the back got louder and no one had come out to talk to him yet.  Marcus was now sure he heard a very distraught young voice coming from the back. He walked to the door and tried the knob. He was surprised to find it open. There was a hallway ahead of him with an office on either side and then it turned once he turned he could see a door he was sure was locked because he could see cells through the window but there was a closed door to one side and he was sure the noise was coming from the other side. 


“Don’t touch me.  Don’t touch me!” the young voice came from the other side of the door.


Marcus reached for the door just as it flew open.  “Damn, how did you get back here,” an officer said. 


“There was no one up front.  The door was unlocked. I was supposed to meet with the sheriff.”


“Well, he’s a little busy in there. Are you Mr. Reeves?  I know Dan.”


“Yes, I’m Marcus.  I think I am here to collect….”


“I don’t think that kid is going anywhere.  He has gone berserk.”


Marcus didn’t wait for permission.  He pushed past the officer and walked in the door.  He wasn’t sure why this kid he never met had a hold on him but he felt and invisible pull toward him.  The sheriff stood about six feet away from a boy who was sitting on the floor in a corner. He glanced and was surprised to see Marcus.  He moved toward Marcus and said, “I think we are going to need to cancel the arrangement. I can’t send him home with someone when he won’t even speak or let anyone near him.”


“May I try? He isn’t aggressive.  Just leave us alone for a bit.” Marcus gently nodded toward the mirror letting the sheriff know he realized that was a one way mirror.  The sheriff nodded and walked out of the room. 


Marcus moved to the wall about six feet from him and sat on the floor, facing the wall across from him.  Marcus started talking softly. “Hi, I’m Marcus. I was hoping to get to know you a little bit. My husband and I were hoping you would come and stay with us for a while.” Out of the corner of his eye Marcus saw the boy react to the word husband.  “We have a new house with lots of room. “His name is Dan. I love him so much. We got married on Valentine’s Day.” Marcus slid a bit closer. “I have a picture of our wedding if you would like to see it.” He pulled up the picture of them kissing at their wedding and handed the phone over to him.  Marcus could tell he was looking at it closely. He slid a little closer and slid his finger across the screen and the next picture was of him and Dan each kissing his mom’s cheeks.  


The kid glanced at him.  “Who’s that?”


Marcus almost cheered at the sound of his voice. “That’s my mom, Judith.”


“She came to your wedding?”


“She did.  It was just over a year ago she found out I was in love with Dan but she was great about it.  Is there something I can call you. I don’t really care if you tell me the truth. I just don’t want to call you ‘Hey you’.”


“Ummm,” he hesitated.  


“Ok, hey you it is.  When I walked in I heard you yelling a bit.  Was someone hurting you?”


“No, but he wanted me to….never mind.”


“Hey you, why don’t you come home with me.  It has to be more comfortable than here.”


“I don’t want to go to school.  I won’t know anyone. They will make fun of me.”  Tears dripped from his eyes and rolled down his cheeks.  


“I know you will have to go to school but I think we will be able to postpone it a day so you can settle in a bit. Hey you, will you give us a chance?”


Marcus was sure he saw the corners of his mouth go up for a second.


After glancing at the one way mirror, the boy leaned close to Marcus and whispered, “You can call me Danny.”


Marcus offered his hand, “Nice to meet you, Danny. Does that mean you’ll come home with us?”


Danny nodded his head slightly.


“Ok, Danny.  If you can wait here, I think some papers have to be signed.”


Danny nodded as Marcus moved to the door.  “Danny, I can’t say this will be easy but we are willing to try if you are.”


Marcus stepped out of the room into Dan’s broad chest.  Dan took him by the arm and dragged him from the door. “What the hell?”


Dan scowled at him, “My thoughts exactly.  What the hell are you doing? We are not taking an emotionally unstable teenager into our house.  Obviously, this kid belongs in some kind of therapeutic treatment center.”


“You know as well as I do, that would mean either a mental hospital or juvenile hall  until they drugged him into control. I got him to tell me his name.”


“You don’t know he is telling you the truth.  You don’t think that after you told him my name he didn’t play with that?”  Dan saw Marcus’ spine stiffen and his face turned stoney. Dan tried to calm down.  He moved to pull Marcus into his arms but he wouldn’t budge. “Red,” he said, stepping close to him and put his arm around his waist.  “We don’t know who this kid is. We don’t know his history.” He brushed his fingertips through Marcus’ hair, wanting to kiss him.   


“Don’t even think about it!  If you don’t like the idea, I will find a place to take him and stay there with him.  I’ll go stay at the vineyard. Brian and Justin won’t care.”


“Marcus, why has this got you so riled up?  I have never seen you fall for….”


“What have a fallen for, a kid who obviously doesn’t have anyone?” Marcus was getting louder.  “A kid like you were!” Marcus regretted saying it as soon as it had left his mouth. Dan broke all physical contact with him and put distance between them.


“That’s why I never tell anyone.  How dare you use that to get me to change my mind?”  He turned and went toward a door that had to be the observation room.


“Dan,”  Marcus followed.  “I’m sorry. I…” Marcus walked through the door expecting to see the sheriff but Dan was there alone.  Marcus shut the door, “Darling, you’re right. That was a low blow you didn’t deserve.” He walked up behind Dan and wrapped his arms around him.  They were facing the viewing window, looking at Danny. “But, darling, look at him. For all the bluster he has shown, he’s a scared kid. I’m not saying he is a perfect angel but he has started to talk to me…”


“Red, why do you care so much about him?”  He turned and pulled Marcus close to him. “I don’t think you know what is involved with a kid like this.”


“I don’t know why I care so much.  Before meeting him, he haunted me and now that I have seen him…” he looked over Dan’s shoulder at the boy sitting in the corner of the room.  “I just don’t think he is bull shitting. Look at him.” They turned so they both could see him. “You don’t really want him to have to go find his sugar daddy, do you?  I mean you turned out great but there are others that have a much different ending.”


Dan looked through the window and either the kid was for real or he was an amazing actor.  He hadn’t broken character at all. “Damn it,” Dan mumbled under his breath. “We’ll take him home but only until they find his parents.”  The look Marcus shot him made him reword that, “Ok, maybe not parents but someplace permanent. But if he doesn’t start talking by next weekend, he needs to go. I won’t live with an ungrateful ...”


“Trust me, I will be very grateful,” Marcus put his whole heart into a kiss that had Dan greedy for more. 


“God, I can’t say no to you but I promise I will learn to if you try this again.” Dan smacked his ass and kissed him grinding his hips into him, “and I plan to collect on that soon.  I will go and get everything set up. I will try to back off school until next week so he can settle in a bit, if you can fit him into your schedule.” Marcus nodded. “You go talk to Danny or whatever his name really is.”


“Dan Reed,” Marcus said and Dan stopped. “I love you!” Dan walked out of the room.



Brian landed in New York and immediately contacted Ted and then Brinn’s school.  Ted let him know that a meeting was set up with the attorney was scheduled for 7:00 a.m. which meant he had the afternoon and evening with Brinn.  Brian arrived at school and was led to Brinn’s classroom. When they arrived at the door he saw Brinn at the front of the room doing a presentation.  He listened to her finish. He had no idea what she was talking about but the kids listening appeared. The moment Brinn finished the attendant who brought him to the door opened it.  Brinn glanced at the door and saw Brian walk in.


“Oh, Daddy!” she burst into tears and ran into his arms.  Brian had a couple of tears himself as he carried Brinn out of the room.  


“Hey Brinny, did I surprise you?”


“Oh, Dad, you did!  Where’s Daddy?”


“He will be here at the end of the week.”


“You didn’t have a fight, did you?”


“No, Sweetheart.  I had to come back to work for a couple days so your daddy is still on his tour but will definitely be  here by Friday for Gus’ birthday celebration. I have missed you so much!”


“I have missed you, too. So what are we going to do today?”


“Can we just go to the secret garden and watch a movie and eat popcorn?”


“I can’t think of a better way to spend the day.”


“Can I stay overnight at the cottage?”


“Not tonight.  I have a very early meeting in the morning but I hope maybe tomorrow you can.”


“I understand.  Can I skip school on Friday?”


“If my meeting goes well, yes, but I do have to get my work done.  That’s why I came back early.”  


Brian and Brinn called Justin and talked for awhile and then watched a movie.  They ate pizza on the way back to school and Brian dropped her off at about 8:00 p.m.  Brinn’s counselor walked him back to the door. “Mr. Kinney, do you have a minute?”


“Sure, what is it?”  


She walked into an office and came back out with some papers and handed them to Brian.  We intercepted these. She handed them to Brian. He glanced over them. “Damn. She hasn’t seen these has she?”


“No, I can’t say we never miss something but we do our best.”


“Justin and I are very thankful for that.  Keep up the good work. I will let you know what happens with this.”


Brian was furious.  It was too early in the morning to call Justin where he was.  He was meeting with lawyers in the morning for work. He would take care of it himself and then call Justin about it.   Tina will not see her daughter again if he had anything to say about it. Not only did she contact Brinn when she wasn’t supposed to, but her emails were trying to get information about where she was and, damn, the only way she could have found Brinn was Brinn finding her online again.  It was time for Tina to spend some time behind bars. He knew he had to talk to Brinn about it, too. He wondered how Brinn had managed to set up another account and connected with her again. Tomorrow night if she stayed with him they would talk.


Right now he needed to call Gus and see how Kam did.  Gus and Shelby had just put Taylor down and decided a nice warm bath was just what they needed.  Gus had just pulled Shelby’s shirt off when his phone rang. “Damn! It’s Pops. I better get it. Don’t start anything without me there.”  He kissed each of her breasts and then said, “Hey Pops! Did you get to New York today?”


“I did.  I spent a few hours with your sister and tomorrow I will be at the office early and I’m afraid it might be an all day thing. But how was your first day with McCarty?”  


“He did alright.  He was sizing everyone up.  He can’t figure out why I’m being nice or why I work at all.  I figured the lunch they sent with him would be horrible so Shelby sent extra.  I think he will come around. I’m willing to give him a chance.” Gus started undressing as he walked into the bathroom and he reached around Shelby and began to massage her breasts, squeezing one nipple and then the other.


“Ooohh,” Shelby said louder than she had meant to.


“Sounds like I am interrupting something.  We will see you Friday. Kiss that baby for me.  I miss all of you.”


“Love you, Pops.  See you then.” His pants hit the floor and his shirt was thrown across the room as he laid his body over Shelby’s in the tub.  The water was warm and bubbling and Shelby’s body melded under his. “God, I love your body.” He began sliding up and down against her.  “I want you on top of me.” They turned over carefully and Shelby straddled Gus and slid down on his erect cock. Gus sat up and as she slowly moved up and down he took her nipple into his mouth.  She cried out as he sucked on one and then the other. It hurt but sent a jolt straight to her clit. 


“Gus, oh my lord!”  He continued to go back and forth between her breasts and soon she cried out and he drove in deep and grabbed her hips holding her still as he climaxed with a cry.


Shelby dropped forward onto his chest and soon they were both dozing off as the jets made their muscles relax.  “Are you ready for New York City?” Gus said softly as they just laid their together.


“I will be.  I have to do laundry tomorrow.  Would you like me to pack for you?”


“You don’t have to.  You are already packing for two.  I should have plenty of time. I hope to be home early on Thursday.  I will have to decide by then if I can trust Kam when I am not there.  I am afraid he will probably have to sit in lock up the days we are gone. We’ll see how it goes the next couple days.”


“I was thinking, maybe we could play one of your dads’ games  until we get there.” Shelby commented.


“What kind of game are you thinking about?” Gus stood up and stepped out of the tub.


“No sex until we get to New York.  Are we staying in the garden cottage or are we staying at a hotel?”


“We can’t all fit in the cottage but we might be staying in Dan’s place.  I will try to find out but do you really want to go without this for the week?”  He grabbed his dick and bounced it up and down.”


“Oh ya, that’s so attractive,” she rolled her eyes, “said no one ever.”


Gus offered her his hand, “You don’t seem to mind when I have this beast buried in that twat of your,” Gus slid his finger deep inside her.”


“Just because dicks aren’t attractive doesn’t mean I want to go without.”  She pressed her body against him, “In fact, I always want to be able to look forward to seeing your body.” Her hand stroked him and then grabbed his balls and massaged them enough to make him moan.  “And just because I don’t find them overly attractive doesn’t mean I don’t love,” she dropped to her knees, “the feel of it in my mouth.” He gasped as she took him in her mouth. He spread his feet a little farther apart to steady himself.


“Why would we skip this for the next...Oooooooooooo...I can’t promise anything….  Woman you drive me crazy!” Shelby swallowed everything he offered her. She licked him clean.  Gus pulled her up to her feet and then threw her over his shoulder. He dropped her on the bed and then had a feast himself. As she orgasmed he positioned himself again and entered her for the second time this evening. “If we are in the same house, I cannot go four days without this body.  I just can’t!” 


“Fine, if I have to suffer through this torture every night I guess…” Shelby squealed as Gus came up and over her body to kiss her neck.  “I love you, Gus Kinney. Promise me you will never leave us.”


“I promise!” he dropped down on the bed and pulled her close.


Marcus went back to the room with Danny. He jumped to his feet ready to try to get away until he realized who it was.  “Hey, are you ready to get out of here?”


Danny looked warily at him, “Like with you or is this a trick to get me out of here and take me to a nuthouse?”


“Well, I have been called crazy but I don’t think I’d call it a nuthouse.  We want you to come home with us.”


“And then what?  Tomorrow you send me to some kind of school with punks?”


“Danny, you are going to be at our place, no school the rest of the week.  We are going to figure out something about school. I promise I will not let them throw you in with anyone dangerous.  We can talk about all this later but right now I am taking you out of here, if you will come with me.”


Danny hesitantly nodded. “I don’t have a lot of options but at least I’ll be out of here.”


Dan stuck his head in, “Ready?” he said abruptly.


“Two more minutes, Darling.  I promise.” Marcus looked at him with pleading eyes and Dan shut the door.


“He doesn’t look like he wants me at your house.”  Danny said with a little quaver in his voice.


“Danny, Dan may be a little tough on the outside but he is an amazing man.  He just likes to act like a tough guy. Well, he is tough but he is also really kind, and very fair. If you are straight with us, we will be straight with you.”  Marcus smiled at Danny, “And I’m not talking about your sexual preference. We could care less who you want to love.”


The corner of Danny’s mouth turned up slightly, “I’m ready to go.”


Marcus started to put his hand on Danny’s shoulder but thought better of it and just motioned him to the door.   As they walked down the hall with Dan, Danny stayed very close to Marcus. Marcus wasn’t sure who was watching who closer between Dan and Danny.  Marcus slipped his arm around Dan’s waist and Dan leaned over and kissed him. Danny openly stared at them for a few seconds and then looked away quickly.  


Dan noticed because Dan noticed everything, “You better get used to it.  We kiss a lot. And you are definitely going to put a cramp in our sex lives,” Dan grumbled. 


Marcus lightly socked him in the stomach.  “Shut up or there will be no reason to worry about it,” Marcus winked at him.  “I love you, Darling.”


Dan had to laugh a little, “You may drive me crazy, Red, but I still love you. Do we have anything ready for dinner.  I am sure we are all hungry.”


“I’m afraid neither of us are much at cooking.  We do have a couple ladies that take pity on us and they help fill our freezer with home cooking but there is nothing ready tonight.  So, pizza or Chinese?”


“Whatever,” Danny mumbled.  


Marcus saw Dan bristle and touched his arm.  He could tell already he was going to play referee.  “Then let’s get Chinese. It will be faster. Do you have a favorite?”


Before Danny had a chance to open his mouth Dan said, “And don’t say whatever!”


Softly Danny said, “Anything spicy and beef and an egg roll, please.”  Dan scared him a little but he liked Marcus and he thought Marcus would be much easier to trick later if needed.  He figured he would let things cool down a bit and then he would get away. He just wished he knew where he would go.  He would start scoping out the area on the way to their house.


Fifteen minutes later the car smelling of carry out. Danny watched out the window all the way to Marcus and Dan’s house as  Marcus and Dan talked about some guys named Gus and Kam. Danny realized they were going quite a ways out of town.  


“Are we almost there?”  Danny questioned. It had been a long while since he had seen another house. That could make it easier to leave but it could make it harder too.


Marcus turned around and smiled at him.  Danny’s heart warmed. He really liked Marcus.  In fact, he wondered what it would be like to kiss a guy like him.  He was a little old for him but not old like Dan. “We are almost there.  It isn’t that far out of town. Our nearest neighbors is a winery which is actually owned by our best friends.  If tomorrow is nice we could take a hike over there tomorrow,” Marcus commented. He didn’t notice Dan’s look at him in the dark of the car.


They turned into the drive and went past his office and then opened the garage door pulling in to one of the 4 stalls.


“This house is huge.  What was that other building we went past?”


“That, my boy, is my office, where I will be most days.”  Dan said this with a tone Danny realized was especially for him.  Dan knew Danny wasn’t just going to sit back and call him Dad.


Dan shut the door before Danny even got out of the vehicle.  “What kind of work do you do, sir?”


“I have a security service.”


“You mean like house alarms and stuff?”


“No, I mean like bodyguards for foreign diplomats and famous people, not to mention kidnappings.”


“Basically, he protects anyone who needs protecting, him and his employees.”  Marcus babbled.


“Damn,” Danny said, and was thinking, this isn’t going to be easy.


Once in the house, Danny had to take it all in.  He had never been in a house this size and everything looked brand new. He was looking out the huge windows when Marcus touched his shoulder.  He cried out and jumped back.


“Danny, I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to scare you.  Dinner is ready. Grab a stool by the counter.”  Marcus pressed his luck and deliberately placed his hand on Danny’s shoulder and he stiffened but then instantly relaxed.


“That’s ok.  You just surprised me.”  He didn’t want to admit he wanted him to touch him.  It had been so long since someone touched him and really seemed to care about him but he couldn’t get used to this….but maybe he didn’t need to rush away tomorrow. 


Danny saw there were at least five different entrees and half a dozen egg rolls, plus some soup. “Dig in.”  Marcus said. They passed everything around and Danny ate like it had been weeks.


Dan finally commented, “There is always food in the fridge.  You don’t have to eat everything in front of you now.” He had seen a look in Danny’s eyes he had seen in the mirror when he was young.  When he was on the street if he could afford a meal, usually after a trick, he and a buddy would probably devour a whole pizza.


Marcus didn’t catch it at first but then it dawned on him.  He had never had to scrounge for his next meal. He didn’t know what it was like to want for anything.  The only thing he ever worried about was telling his mom he was gay. That was stressful but not life threatening in any way.   


“Sorry,” Danny said. “I didn’t mean to eat more than my share.” He didn’t realize it but he moved closer to Marcus.


“Danny, Marcus and I might not be on the same page about you staying here but I would never, EVER hit you or do any physical harm to you.”


“Oh, no Danny.” Without thinking about hit he put his arm around Danny’s shoulders.  “You are safe here, safe from everything.”


Danny started leaning into the hug but caught himself and quickly straightened up.  “Um, I’m full.” He tried to stop a yawn.


“And tired from the look of it.”


“Ya, I guess I am.  I got up really early this morning...not that I slept much.  I was never really slept.”


“Give me one second and I will bring you to your room.” Marcus took Dan’s arm and led him a few steps away.  “Which room should I put him in?”


“Go to the end one.” Dan pulled Marcus tightly against him, “Remember you owe me tonight.”


“Oh, trust me, I am looking forward to it.” Marcus brought his mouth to Dan’s ear, “You stick these boxes in the refrigerator and I can be in the room quicker.” He pressed his pelvis against Dan’s and Dan pulled him tightly against him, savoring his lips.  


Deep in his chest Dan growled, “Hurry up.”


Marcus started up the stairs, “Come on, Danny.  I’ll show you your room.” At the top of the stairs Marcus stopped, “This is our room.  If you need anything we will be in here. And you are this way,” Marcus led him to the other end of the hall. He opened a door and they entered the room.  “This room is amazing.” 


“I think you should be able to find everything you need.  Tomorrow we will get the TV set up in here but for tonight, I think you should just get some sleep.”


“I don’t have any clothes or….”


“Just look through the drawers.  I think the chest of drawers has clothes in several sizes.  Dan is prepared for visitors with his job so he carries different sizes.  Tomorrow you and I can shop for some clothes.” Marcus opened a drawer and threw some shorts and a T-shirt at him. “Why don’t you go into the bathroom and change.  Then I can take that clothes to the washer.” Minutes later Danny came out, carrying his clothes. Marcus pulled the blankets on the bed down. Danny hesitated getting in bed.  


“I….Marcus….”


“What is it Danny?”


“I don’t know what you want from me,” Danny looked at his feet.  “Nobody does this for nothing.” Danny stepped closer to Marcus and touched his cheek, “I can…” Danny’s hand grazed the front of Marcus’ pants.


“Oh, no, Danny,” Marcus backed up quickly. “Danny, I don’t know where you’ve come from or where you’ve been but here I hope I can be your friend, maybe a big brother but I …. I don’t want anything from you, except maybe some respect and honesty.  Now, get in bed. I don’t know how old you are but I got a kiss goodnight from my parents until I left home so,” he guided Danny into bed and, pulling the blankets up to Danny’s chin. He kissed first one and then the other cheek. “Sleep well, Danny.”  Marcus brushed the hair off his forehead.


“Marcus,” there was fear in Danny’s voice. “Please don’t tell Dan what I …..if he thinks I….”


“Sleep Danny.  Everything will be fine.” Marcus kissed his forehead and left the room.


Dan was waiting by their bedroom door.  Marcus stepped into his arms and kissed him but Dan saw the tears rolling down his cheeks.  “Red, what happened? What did he do?”


“He thought he would have to ‘pay’ me to stay with us.  He thought…. he is just a boy.”


Dan led Marcus into the room and started to undress him after closing the door.  “Yes, he is a boy,” Dan said as he kissed Marcus on the chest and then took a nipple between his teeth, “and he is safe now.  You on the other hand…” Dan threw him on the bed and followed after him.


After they finished making love, Marcus laid in Dan’s arms.  “Was that what it was like for you?” Marcus asked as his finger gently moved down the trail of hair below Dan’s naval.


“Pretty much.  If someone was nice they usually wanted something but from time to time I met just a good hearted person.”  He sucked in as Marcus began to play with his curly pubic hair.


“I’m so sorry you had to do that, darling.” Marcus felt Dan stiffen at what he considered pity.  “Now just knock it off. I’m your husband. If I can’t try to understand how you felt, you aren’t giving me enough credit and you don’t realize how much I love you.” Marcus moved his hand lower and began playing with his balls.  


Dan’s body responded quickly, “Will you let me make love to you, Dan? Let me remind you how real love feels?”  Dan turned over offering his ass and Marcus gently prepared him, stroking his prostate for some time, and then slid in as gently as he could.


“God, Red,” Dan choked on tears.  “I love you so much.” Soon he cried out and collapsed flat on the bed.  


Marcus laid down next to Dan and this time took him into his arms.  “I will always be here for you, darling.”



Brian woke up very early and knew it would be late morning in Europe.  He needed to talk to Justin. Justin’s voicemail picked up and Brian stopped the call but moments later Justin called back.  “Hey Baby. God I miss you.” Justin crooned softly.


“I miss you, too,”  Brian instantly felt a little better.  “God, a king sized bed just isn’t made to be slept in alone.”


“Are you at the cottage?”


“Ya, Brinn will stay with us and Dan told me to put Gus’ family in his house.”


“That will be nice.  Is something wrong? Is the business thing worse than you thought?”


“I’m having a breakfast meeting that could end up as a luncheon meeting about that but we have another issue.  I took Brinn out of school yesterday afternoon and we spent time together. I didn’t have her stay over since I have this early meeting but  when I was ready to leave the counselor stopped me. Tina has been at it again.”


“Fuck!  What did she do now?”


“She made contact with Brinn via email.  She was trying to get an address from her.  Thankfully the school did their job and I will deal with Brinn later today but do you agree, she needs to go to jail?”


“If they don’t lock her up I will take care of her myself,”  He shouted into the phone.


“I’ll talk to our lawyer as soon as the office is open today.  How is this stop of the tour going?”


“Not nearly as much fun without you here. Can’t wait to see everyone and hold that baby.”


“Soon, Sunshine.  I have to go. I will let you know what is going on as soon as I know.  Love you.”


“Love you, Brian.”



“Hey Theodore, how are you? It has been far too long,” Brian hugged his longtime friend and CFO.


“Brian, Europe looks like it agrees with you,” he traced the faint scar on Brian’s neck that most people would never notice.  “How is Justin doing? Has he fully recovered?”


“Yes, Scared the hell out of me but he is back to normal now. His personality always changes a bit on tour but in most ways that is a benefit to me.  He is insatiable. I can’t believe I still love him more every day.”


“It’s because he has been foolish enough to put up with you for twenty plus years.” Ted smiled at him. “I know, Blake and I are getting close to twenty years and I couldn't be more grateful.  With both hit the jackpot with husbands.”


“That we did,” They chatted about Ted’s boys and Gus and his daughter when the attorney walked into the office.  They got right into the paperwork and the case they needed to nail the employee who was working for a competitor.  With only a couple quick breaks and lunch at the table. Finally at 2:00 p.m. an agreement was signed with Kinnetic getting a large sum of money for the rival company and taking control of an office in Denver.  He planned to take the accounts he wanted from that office and then reselling it to another company. 


Brian then went into his private office with the attorney to talk about Tina. About 4:00 they were told a warrant had been issued for Tina’s arrest.  Brian was satisfied with this but he couldn’t say he was happy. He had to break the news to his daughter and she was going to be devastated. Maybe he would wait and tell her tomorrow.  He had already decided she could take the day off. He had to drop by the office to sign some of the papers that would be ready but otherwise he had the day free. Hopefully he could get her to understand.


He had arranged to pick her up between 5:00 and 5:30 with a packed bag.  Brian noticed a lot of girls hanging out in the hall when he arrived and walked back to Brinn’s room.  When they came out together, Brian carrying her bag, there were even more girls standing in small groups.  All the girls said goodbye to Brinn as they passed them. Brian noticed Brinn was giggling as they walked out the door.


“What is so funny, Brinny?”


Now she was laughing almost too hard to walk,  “They all think you are cute for an old guy.”


“Old guy?” Brian put the bag on his shoulder and picked up the now squealing girl, “Old guy!” He kissed her and dropped her on the back seat of the waiting car. As she chatted he listened halfheartedly, knowing how much pain he was going to bring her soon. In the car over, he had talked to Justin for moral support and to let him know about the arrest warrant.  He was glad to hear they would get Tina but he knew their daughter and he knew she wouldn’t be heartbroken. Justin agreed it might be a good idea to wait until morning to tell her because he would be available to be on the phone with them at that time.


“Dad, you aren’t listening to me.  Did you have a rough day?”


“I guess I kind of did.  I was in a meeting all day but I have all day off tomorrow except stopping at the office to sign a couple papers. What would you like to do for dinner? We can do whatever you would like."


"Dad, can we dress up and go to a grown up dinner?"


"Do you have a dress along?"


"Of course I did. I thought I would need one for Gus and Shelby's visit."


"And, I think Shelby plans to do a little shopping with you.” 


“Really?” She screamed so loud it hurt Brian’s ears.


“Well I better make a phone call to make reservations.”  Brian made a call just as they pulled up to the garden gate.  He punched in the code and they entered. “Go on. I am sure it will take you longer than me.”  Brinn ran on ahead. Brian watched his daughter as she skipped into the house. He did what had to be done but would she be able to understand?  Damn it. He missed Sunshine.


The evening was delightful.  Brinn glowed with excitement.  Brian could hardly believe this was his little girl.  When had she grown up? After dinner, she asked Brian to dance with her and he had to admit she was quite good at the waltz and a couple others but his favorite was when he picked her up and her arms were around his neck.  She was getting sleepy and laid her head on his shoulder and then as the music came to an end she looked up at him and kissed him on his cheek saying, “I love you so much, Daddy.”

 

“Oh, Brinny, I love you, too.”