- Text Size +

Chapter 7




“Marcus, don’t let him out of your site today.” Dan was finished breakfast.   “I mean it. I don’t care how much he likes you, he will take flight any chance he gets.  He will still feel threatened here. And remember, don’t get attached. He could be going home tonight if we can figure out who he is.”




“NO!  I won’t go back home.  You can’t make me ever go home!”  Danny ran down the stairs and not knowing what else to do flung himself and Marcus and wrapped his arms tightly around Marcus.  




Marcus could feel his body tremble. “Oh, Danny, Dan will not make you go any place that is dangerous but aren’t your parents worried about you.”  Dan slipped out of the room. He needed to find these people and the story behind this kid. 




“No one is looking for me.  Nobody wants me around. If you let me I’ll pack up my stuff and get out of here.  You don’t have to worry about me.” 




“Well, there are two things wrong with that.  I can’t let you go on your own and I do want you around.”




“Would you like some breakfast?  Do you like bacon or sausage?”




As Marcus started scrambling some eggs, Danny came up beside him and started tending the bacon.  And to Marcus’ surprise, answering some questions.




“So, do you have any brothers or sisters?”




“Ya, I have an older brother and sister and a younger sister.”




“When’s the last time you saw them?” Marcus asked as he put toast in the toaster.  “Do you drink coffee, Danny?




“Do you have cream and sugar? Oh, it’s been a while.”




“Of course we have cream and sugar.  Why don’t you make yourself a cup? I will need a second cup soon.”  He watched out of the corner of his eye as Danny looked at the different coffee choices and then added cream and sugar.




“Would you like me to make you another cup?”




“I would love that. Thank you.”  Danny took his mug and made another cup of coffee. 




“Do you use sugar and cream?”




“No, I don’t.  I can’t afford the calories.”




“Oh, you don’t have to worry about that.  You are very good looking.” He blushed as soon as he said it. “I mean….You look good….I, you’re very thin.”




“Thanks, Danny.  I just want to keep it that way.  Dan is a very attractive man who anyone would want…”




“Any gay guy, you mean.”  Marcus set the plates of food down by the counter stools.  Danny sat down and Marcus sat on the other side.




“Well, I know a lot of women who are very attracted to Dan, too.” Marcus sipped his coffee and nibbled on his toast. “Are you gay, Danny?”




“Why would you think that?  Last night….I just thought…”




“I think that because the sheriff told us you said you were. Dan and I don’t care if you are or if you aren’t.  But we know lots of kids end up on the streets.” Marcus decided to let it go for now and went back to his brother and sisters.  “So are all your siblings still at home?”




“My brother is in…” Danny paused.  “I’m done talking about myself. Like I said I can just be on my way.” Danny drank the last of his coffee and headed for the stairs.  




“Danny, I’m sorry.  I can’t let you go anywhere alone.  I think you know that. You were caught stealing.”




“Did they tell you what I was stealing?  Bread and peanut butter. I was hungry and I didn’t have any money and I just couldn’t make more money, I was too sore. I didn’t think I could stand having another guy….”




“Oh, Danny, did you see a doctor?”




“They wanted me to but I wouldn’t let them.”




“Danny, are you feeling better now? Just because you had sex with a man does not make you homosexual.  But if you are, don’t think that having sex to survive is the same as making love with someone you care about.” Marcus walked around to where Danny sat. He lightly touched his shoulder and Danny crumbled against Marcus. 




“He wasn’t very patient with me and he wasn’t very nice at all.” Marcus wrapped his arms around the boy’s shoulders. Danny sobbed for a few minutes. 




When he calmed down, Marcus softly said, “Do you still have pain? Let me take you to the doctor and have him check you out.”




“I’m fine.  I’m just a little pansy.  That’s what the guy said when I asked him to take it easy.”




“It hurt like hell the first time I had sex with Dan.  But he was very gentle with me. I am a very lucky man.  Danny, if you are attracted to men don’t let that oaf make you question it.”




Marcus looked at Danny, “Do you need some clothes?  Do you need to wash clothes? May I have a look? We could go shopping and get you anything you need.”




“You don’t have to.  I can’t take much when I….”




“Please don’t run, Danny.  Let me help you. I am sure I can make those charges go away if you are willing to cooperate with us.  Let’s go get some wash started. We don’t have to talk about anything you don’t want to. Do you like video games?  We have a killer game room. I could show you how it’s done.”  




“Ya, right.  I bet I can whip your ass!”  And with that Marcus changed the mood.  They went through Danny’s shirts and pants and threw them in the washer.  Marcus knew he had to back off. He had a feeling some stuff might slip out.  “Tomorrow we need to go into town because I need to work for about an hour and then maybe we can pick up a couple pair of jeans and shirts.  Looks like those sneakers have had some wear too.”




“Marcus, I can’t let you spend so much money on me.”




“Danny, can I tell you a secret?”




“Sure.”




“Dan is filthy rich and I haven’t done so bad either.  Let me buy you a few things.” They started the washer and Marcus smiled at him.  “Now let me kick your ass in Fortnite.”





Brian woke when Brinn snuggled up against him.  His arms wrapped around her and kissed the top of her head.  “Dad, am I too old to get in bed with you? I know it isn’t always appropriate for kids to be in bed with their parents.”




“Brinny, I hope you never get too old to crawl into bed with me and your Daddy, as long as you know we are sleeping.”




“I know.  When you make love I would NOT want to be here.” Brian laughed out loud. “I would never be able to unsee you having sex!”  




Now Brian realized she actually knew exactly what that entailed.  “I see you have been studying Biology.”




“I have.  At first I couldn’t wrap my head around having sex.  I understand the physical contact, you and Daddy told me about it a long time ago, but I don’t want anyone else to stick….” In Brian’s head he was going lalalalala.  He didn’t want to hear his daughter talk about sex. “Dad, are you listening. I was saying, I don’t know how you and Daddy could ever walk. Our teacher said usually there is a giver and receiver.  Is that….”




“That is the end of this conversation,” Brian pulled her close.  “Brinn, we need to have a serious conversation.”




“What about?  Are you going to take me shopping to get Gus’ gift?  I actually already got it. It is in my bag. Can we go to the Empire State Building?  I have never been there, well not that I remember.”




“Brinn,” Brian pulled her close to him.  “Your daddy and I have to talk to you about something.  He is waiting for us to call him.”




“Dad, you aren’t getting a divorce are you?  I just couldn’t handle that. “ She sat up on the bed, looking at Brian.




“No, Sweetheart.  I still love your Daddy with all my heart. Let’s give him a call.” Brian grabbed a tablet next to the bed and used that to connect with Justin.  “Hey Sunshine,” Brian’s voice had a soft husky tone.




“Hey, Baby.  I miss you. Oh, Brinny, it is so good to see you with your dad.  I miss you like crazy. I can’t wait to see you in two days.”




“I’m very excited to see everyone.”  Brinn stood up and started jumping on the bed.  Brian sat cross legged on the bed and pulled Brinn down so she was facing the tablet and leaning against Brian.  




“Brinn, listen to your dad.  He has something to tell you that is going to be hard for you to understand but it is something he and I discussed and totally agreed on.”




“Daddy, you are scaring me a little. Dad said you weren’t getting divorced.”




“No, of course not.  I have a hard time being away from him for four days. I can’t live without him.  Now, sit quietly and let him talk.”




“Brinn, we know that your mother and you have been in contact.”  He felt Brinn’s body stiffen. “Did you contact her first or did she find you?”  




“She….”




Justin said, “We need you to be totally honest, Sweety.”




“We have a secret word. We made it up.  She posted it on several advanced biology sites.  She left her email address. I emailed bay with my secret word so she knew it was really me.”




Justin spoke, “How long have you been talking to her?”




“We only emailed a couple times.  I was expecting a message from her yesterday but….you got it, didn’t you?”  She looked over her shoulder at Brian.




“The school confiscated it and gave it to me the first night.”


“But you didn’t say anything.”




“I needed to talk to your daddy so we could decide what to do.”




“I will tell her we can’t talk anymore.  I promise. I know I shouldn’t…”




“Sweetheart, you won’t have to tell her.  Your mother broke all kinds of rules she promised to keep.  Do you know what a warrant is?”




“It is something police use when they need to put someone to jail.”  Brinn said looking warily at Brian and then at Justin on the screen. She moved off Brian’s lap. “Dad, you didn’t….  Daddy, you didn’t let them….” Brinn began to sob from deep inside her.




“Brinny, Sweetheart, Tina broke the law and now she has to be punished.”




“But you are putting my mom in jail.”  She nearly screamed at them both.




“Brinn, if I had my way I’d do a lot worse!”




“Daddy!  How could you say that?”




Brian tried to pull Brinn into his arms but she fought him.  She pulled free and ran to her bedroom, slamming the door hard enough for the windows to shake.




“Baby, I’m sorry you have to deal with this alone for a couple days. I love you,” Justin blew Brian a kiss.




“How long should I leave her alone?”  




“Give her an hour unless she starts throwing things in there.”




“Gee, thanks!  I’ll call you later. I love you, Sunshine.”




“I love you, too. I miss you in the big, empty bed.”




“Speaking of bed, you and I have to talk about our daughter when we get back together. She now understands our sex life thoroughly, if you get my drift.”




“I want to get a lot more than that.  Bye, Brian.”




Brian went downstairs and made a smoothie  for Brinn. She had to be getting hungry and she always liked them.  He couldn’t wait any longer. He knocked on the door to her bedroom and turned the knob.  He had barely moved the door an inch before something shattered on the other side. She really did have her daddy’s temperament.   “Brinn, I brought you something to eat. I thought you would like a banana berry smoothie.” He pushed the door open further and saw her reflection in a mirror.  Her eyes were red and puffy. He walked over to her and handed her the glass. She took a long drink and then her back stiffened.




“I want to be brought back to the school now.” She said softly.  “I can’t stay here with you. I just can’t be in the same place with someone who would do that to my mother.”  She took another swallow. “I will be ready in thirty minutes. Please have a car ready for me.”




Normally, Brian would probably laugh at that comment but today it tore him apart.  As Brian started down the steps Brinn called out, “And I don’t need you to ride back with me.  I don’t want to be with you.”




A half hour later Brian helped Brinn into the car, “Brinny, we love you.”




“Don’t call me.  I’ll call you!” Brinn rolled the car window up.




Brian called the school and explained the situation.  They assured him they would keep a close eye on her and if they were concerned they would call him.  Brian then call Gus. He hoped that one of his children still loved him.




“Hey Pops, I am on my way to pick up Kam right now.”  Brian explained what was going on. “I just wanted to let you know because I can see Tina trying to call anyone in the family.  She is not going to take getting arrested easily.”




“I’m sorry for Brinn.  I will try giving her a call this evening.”




“How is Kam doing?”




“Well, he is doing alright but he is going to stay in lockup while we are in New York.  I just don’t want my foreman to have to deal with him but I really think he will get over this.”




“Well, I am looking forward to seeing all three of you.  I am almost worried your daughter is going to hurt my lovelife.  I don’t think Justin will let her sleep in the other house. Maybe having Taylor in Brinn’s room will help.”




“Well, Pops, I am not going to complain if we get a night alone. I’m pulling up in front of the jail.  I will give Brinn a call tonight.”




“Thanks, Gus.  Love you.”


“Love you too, Pops.”




By the time Brian called Justin he was already at his show.  Brian left a message explaining what was going on and then he walked to the nearest bar. Brian had lost count of  how many drinks he had had when he got a call from his attorney’s office. Tina was in jail in Colorado. A judge was reviewing the case and would sentence her within the week.  The sentence could be anywhere between six months and three years. The lawyer expected it to be on the higher end of that estimation.




Brian realized he had been sitting in the bar for several hours now and he decided it was time for a change of scenery.  He was going to find a place he could get a good meal and drink himself into oblivion this evening. He headed to a place around the corner, close enough for him to walk home whenever he chose to do so.  As he walked his phone rang. “Hey, Sunshine.”




“Oh, Brian. I wish I could have been there.  You did a great job but maybe if we were both there she would have listened to reason.”




“There was no reasoning with her.  Gus is calling her this evening. Maybe that will help her think things through.  She’s been arrested. When Brinn hears she is really locked up, it won’t be good.” Brian’s words were slurring a bit.




“How much have you had to drink, Brian?”




“Not nearly as many as I plan to have before I go home. I’m fine.  I’m in the neighborhood and am on my way to the place around the corner for dinner.  I will be able to walk home.”




“Just remember, if Brinn wants to talk, you need to be fit to go talk to her.  You are the only one in the city.”




“Damn it.  Don’t make me face this alone and sober.”




“I’m sorry, Baby.  I know it isn’t a good situation.  I doubt she will call tonight but …. Never mind.  You are a great father. You will be there for her when she needs you.”




“I hope she does call.  The car service is on call so if I need to go I’m ready.  Go to sleep, Sunshine. I know you have been busy,” Brian leaned against a storefront.  His voice softened, “I miss you so much. I just want to hold you and make love to you. I can feel…”




“I miss you, too.  I told the pilot to be ready to take off about midnight tomorrow night.   I should be home early Friday morning. I want to make love to you and then by Friday noon we can deal with Brinn together.  Love you, Brian.”




“Love you, Sunshine.”  Brian walked to the rest of the way to the bat.





After dropping Kam off at jail and letting them know tomorrow would be the last day he was picking him up until next Wednesday.  He had told Kam, who actually seemed glad. He hadn’t ever worked so hard in his life. He was ready to rest. As Gus pulled away he called Brinn.




“Hi,” it was Brinn’s voice but none of her spark.




“Is this Brinny Kinney?  The girl who usually squeals so loud I lose my hearing?”




“Yes,  Gussy, it’s me.”




“Do you want to tell your big brother about your problems?”




“I am sure you know or you wouldn’t be calling me.  Which of our dads told you?”




“Does it matter?  They are both worried about you.”




“So they send the police after my mom? I will never talk to them again.  I will just stay at school or move in with John and Tony.”




“You don’t mean that, Sweety.”




“I do mean that! And I don’t give a damn if I never see them again.”




“Brinny, I know this is hard but your mom broke the law.  Our dads just want you safe. You know they love you. They love both of us so much they would do anything to keep us safe.”




“Gus, I am sorry but I just …. You are still coming this weekend, I can’t wait to hold my niece again.  I bet she has gotten so big.”




“She has grown a lot.  It will be good to get the family all together.”




“I won’t be there.  Will you come see me? Can I stay with you?”




“Sure, Brinny.  You can stay in Dan’s house with us but think about it.  “Do you really think our dads would do something to hurt us?”




“I need to go Gussy.  It is almost quiet time which means no more phones or screens until morning.”




“I love you, Miss Thing.  I will spend lots of time with you this weekend but please think about our dads.  They love you.”




“Bye, Gus.”





Marcus and Danny played video games until early afternoon and then they went to make some lunch.  “I am not a great cook but…”




“I can cook. Can I make lunch?”




“The fridge and cupboards are yours.  I am going to check with Dan and see if he has had lunch.  He sometimes eats in the office but maybe he will join us.”  Marcus smiled a little.




“You really love him, don’t you?”


“I would die for him without hesitation.  He makes me so much better than without him.”




“I think you’re pretty great the way you are.”  Danny said softly as he started digging through the freezer.  “Tell Dan lunch will be ready in half an hour.”




Marcus called over to the office, “Hey, Darling, are you coming home for lunch?”




“What are you going to feed me, Red?  I can think of something I would really like to  eat right now.”




“I am not sure what we are eating.  Danny is cooking.”




“I hope you are watching him!”




“Dan, he isn’t going to hurt us.”




“Well, I have to admit I doubt he would hurt himself but I would feel better if you were close while he cooked, not to mention he could hurt himself or one of us if he got a knife.  I’m serious, Red, watch him! I’ll be there soon.” The phone went dead.




Marcus strode back into the kitchen.  “So did you find something worth making?”




“Sure, you have lots of good stuff here.”  




Marcus took in a deep breath and put his hands on Danny’s shoulder looking at the pan. It looked and smelled really good. “Where did you learn to cook?”




“Well, I never got into sports so when my mom and dad….”  Danny stopped, “I just cooked dinner for my family.”




“Danny, how old are you?”




“17.  Almost 18.”




“Danny, you are not almost 18.  I’m not sure if you are any teen.”




“I am too a teen!  I have been for a long time! How dare you…”  Danny turned and found himself in Marcus’ arms. Danny’s arms went around his waist and hugged Marcus as his head dropped onto Marcus’ chest.  Within seconds Marcus felt dampness. He wrapped his arms around the young boy and kissed the top of his head.




“Danny, it’s ok.  I am sure your parents are worried about you.  We can talk to them. I am sure….”




Danny’s arms tightened even more. “No, they are glad I’m gone.  I’m sure they are thrilled their queer son is no longer around. They hate me.  I tried so hard to make them like me but they just couldn’t…”




Marcus felt tears rolling down his own cheeks.  God, he could feel the waves of pain coming off of him.   He started stroking the boy’s head and before he realized it, Danny had tilted his head up and tried to kiss Marcus.  




“What the HELL do you think you’re doing!” Dan raged toward them and before Marcus could stop him, Dan lifted Danny in the air and drew his arm back to swing.  Marcus grabbed Dan’s arm.




“Dan, stop.”  Marcus pried Dan’s grip from Danny’s shirt. “Danny, why don’t you go finish our lunch.” Marcus patted his shoulder.  “Everything will be fine, just finish the meal.”




“You, with me, this way.” Marcus pointed at Dan and then toward the living room.




“What the hell….” Dan’s tone was anything but friendly. 




Marcus crushed his mouth on Dan’s until Dan had to give in and pulled Marcus tightly against him. “I was just making progress. I bet now I’ll have to start all over. Two sisters, one older, one younger.  One older brother. Mom and Dad. He is in his teens but I hadn’t gotten an exact age.”




Dan started to open his mouth but Marcus put up his hand, “Ok, Red, what else?”




“He misses them but they don’t want anything to do with him.” Marcus took Dan’s hand and placed it on his wet shirt. “The boy is heartbroken.” 




“But he was going to kiss you.” Dan whispered.




“He just wants some comfort. Think back, Darling.  Didn’t you ever…”




It was Dan’s turn to put up his hand. “We’ll continue this later.  Whatever he is making, it smells good.”





Marcus tried to start a friendly conversation as they ate but couldn’t get more than a word or two out of Danny.  Dan kept up a friendly conversation with Marcus and when he was done eating he looked at Danny. “That was really good.  Can we hire you to cook for us every day?”




Danny beamed for a minute, “Thanks.  I like to cook.” He looked back at his hands. “Marcus, I didn’t mean to….”




“Forget about it,” Dan said.  “I need to get back to work.” He turned to Danny, “Thanks for a real meal.”  He then turned to Marcus and pulled him close, “I think I will be home around 7:00.  I will pick up pizzas on the way home,Ok Red?”




“Sounds great.” Marcus kissed Dan a little longer than he should have in front of Danny.  He felt Dan’s body responding against his own growing cock. “Love you, Darling.”




Dan snagged one more quick kiss, “God, I love you, Red.”




Danny started cleaning up the kitchen.  “Hey, you weren’t brought here to be our housekeeper.  We actually have one of those.” Marcus pulled out some containers and put the leftovers in it.  

“You really are a talented chef.”




“I’m no chef. I just make food.  You and him, you are just like newlyweds.”




Marcus laughed, “We are.  Well, at least if you can call nine months newlyweds.” He sighed, “I love that man so much.”




“I just want to apologize for trying to kiss you. I am just kind of …. I don’t know.”




“You are lonely.  You miss your family.  You miss being loved. Are you sure your parents aren’t worried?”




“I have a feeling my little sister misses me.  I took care of her after school everyday. Well, we had a cleaning lady that was supposed to watch us but most of the time I just watched her.”




“I bet she misses her big brother.”




“My dad always called me the big pansy.  She was the only one that didn’t snicker at that.”




Marcus pulled the boy against him, “We can check on her for you.”




“No, Katie might as well forget me. I can’t ever go back there.”




“Your parents...were they good parents before they realized…”




“They were average parents.  They love their other kids and dad can yell a lot but I think he was kind of average.  Mom and Dad both worked hard. They worked a lot but they made time for my brother and sister’s activities.”




“I know it’s a little chilly but how about a little walk to get some fresh air and then we can have a rematch or play another game.”   As they walked, Danny was very observant. He wanted to get a feel for the area so when the time was right he could get away. He couldn’t stay.  He had said too much.





Brian picked at the salad he had ordered.  He had chosen to eat at the bar. He didn’t like eating alone and at least he had the bartender for company. As he ordered another drink he hoped his entree got here soon.  The liquor was catching up with him but he was not nearly done drinking for the evening. It was early and the last thing he wanted to do was go home to that empty house.




“Is this seat taken,” raspy female voice asked.




“It’s all yours,” Brian said to the attractive woman next to him. “Can I get you a drink?” Before she could answer Brian called over the bartender, “Give the lady whatever she wants to drink or eat and put it on my card.”




“Yes, sir, Mr. Kinney.”




“Mr. Kinney? Are you somebody important?”




“No, I just have the right color credit card.”




“Well, I appreciate the offer but I don’t want to let you think that I am going to thank you later.” 




Brian leaned on the bar with his forearms and brought his head down onto his hands as he sipped his scotch. He turned toward the young woman and had to smile.  “Well, unless your name is Justin and you have a dick, I’m not interested in that. However, how about joining me at a table, I have food coming I am sure we can split, and we can get to know each other a little bit.”




Three hours later Brian and his new friend had both eaten their fill and knew more about each other than some people they had known for 20 years.  As they walked to the door of the bar and Brian waited for the Uber she had called, he thanks her for listening to his family woes.  




“Brian, we never talked jobs, but I happen to be a custody lawyer, a damn good one if I may say so, and,” She handed him her card,  “if I can help in any way with your daughter’s case, let me know.” As the Uber pulled up the woman put her arms around Brian’s neck and kissed him long and languidly. “Goodbye, Brian Kinney, thanks for dinner and drinks.”




Brian could only wave as the car rolled away.  He knew he was drunk when he realized he almost invited her back to the cottage.  Brian walked back to the garden. He leaned against a wall about halfway home just to regain his senses and then he went the rest of the way.  He let himself into the gate and stumbled through the garden. By the time he got to the cottage he realized his cheeks were wet. By the time he got to the bedroom, he was sobbing. He managed to get his clothes off and dropped onto the mattress in his briefs. “FUCK!  I need you, Sunshine.” he said through his sobs and he passed out where he was. It was only 11:00 p.m.





Justin had left the gallery with a suitcase.  His paintings would be packed without him and sent on to Germany where he and Brian would go together after the visit to New York.  As soon as the plane was in the air, Justin went to lay down. His mind was busy. He would land about the same time he took off and should be back at the cottage about 2:00 a.m. He had Dan text him the code to the gate, so he could get in.   Justin finally drifted off thinking about his distraught daughter. He had tried to call her as he left for the airport but he could see his call was rejected. Poor Brinn. He wasn’t sure how they would get through to her.




Gus couldn’t wait to see his family tonight.  He wanted to hug his little girl and wife. Spending time with Kam reminded him how fortunate he was.  Kam wasn’t a big talker but today they had worked side by side for most of the day. He would answer questions or make a comment once in awhile responding to something Gus said and he realized Kam never mentioned his family, not even when Gus mentioned something about his.  Kam definitely didn’t have the connection Gus did. He walked in the kitchen and found Taylor in a seat having a ‘conversation’ with her mom as Shelby made dinner. Gus pulled Shelby into his arms and kissed her long and hard.




“Well,....” she couldn’t say anything else for a minute. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him in for another kiss. Gus’ hands went under her shirt and was thrilled to find her braless. Soon she moaned and he pulled her shirt up, bringing his mouth to her breast as he lifted her up on the counter.  “Oh, god, Gus….” Taylor giggled at her mother’s voice.




“I plan to really make her laugh at us now,”  Gus said as he tugged down her pants.




“Gus, our daughter is….ooh…” he managed to get her pants down and now slipped his fingers deep into her as he brought his mouth back down to her breast. “Oh, Gussy,” as her breath became irregular, Taylor started babbling.




His fingers stroked her until she no longer could take it.  She cried out, “Holy….Shit!” After a few moments getting her senses back to normal, Gus helped her off the counter and brought her pants back up.  After a quick kiss, he walked over to Taylor and kissed her soft cheek.  




“Good thing you can’t tell anyone what you just saw. Do you want to come take a shower with Daddy?”  The smile she gave him melted his heart.




“You tell Daddy, your dinner is ready and then you will be ready for bed, leaving lots of time for Mommy to thank Daddy for that amazing greeting.”  Gus kissed both of them once more before taking the steps two at a time. 




When Gus had showered he slipped into his robe and walked to Taylor’s room where he heard Shelby talking quietly to her daughter as she nursed her.  “Baby girl don’t ever settle for anything but the best. I didn’t. There will be a person you will love as much as I love your father. You deserve the best.”




Gus stood at the door watching them.  He could see Taylor was sleeping but Shelby still held her close to her breast.  He walked in and gently took her out of her mother’s arms and kissed her gently as he laid her in her crib.  He felt Shelby’s arms wrap around his waist and then into the opening of his robe and began stroking his cock.  He moaned softly. “I love you, Shelly.” He turned and kissed her. They walked out of the nursery and Shelby looked at the stairs and then at their bedroom.  “I’m afraid I need to eat something or I won’t have the strength to keep up with you.”




They strode to the kitchen hand in hand.





Dan, Marcus, and Danny ate dinner and then Danny went to his room to watch a movie. As Marcus and Dan settled into their room, they sat on the small sofa in front of a fire.  “So you have any leads on Danny?” Dan asked Marcus.




“I wouldn’t say it’s a lead but it is obvious he loves his little sister.  His older siblings made fun of him as well as his parents. I would guess they are upper middle class.  Both parents work but they have at least a part-time housekeeper. He still won’t tell me how old he is but I would guess 14, maybe a freshman.”




“I’ll put that into the missing person’s database tomorrow but right now I should set the alarm system…” Marcus straddled Dan’s lap and pressed his cock firmly against Dan’s.




“I guess the alarm can wait,” as he slipped his hands down the back of Marcus’ pants.




Danny stood at the door of the master bedroom and was sure Dan and Marcus were making out, hell, they were screwing.  He knew it. He moved silently through the house, praying the alarm wasn’t set on the outside door. He was fairly sure his bedroom door had an alarm on it, too, but it hadn’t been set yet.  He opened a kitchen drawer he had seen a flashlight in earlier. He took it grabbed some bread, peanut butter, and some fruit from a bowl on the counter and he took a small knife. He slowly opened the outside door.  No alarm. He took off at a jog toward the buildings he had seen on their walk today. He hoped there was someplace he could hide there. It was colder than he expected but he would soon warm up running.




After they finished making love, Dan grabbed his phone to look at the security system but Marcus gently moved his knee against his dick and then rolled onto him.  He quickly hit the arm button without looking at the app and once more, with Marcus above him, entered him once more, he said, “Damn,I love you, Red,” as he drove up hard.





Justin heard the buzzer by the bed go off.  “Mr. Taylor, we are starting our approach. You will need to be in a seat in about twenty minutes.”




“Thank you,” he replied as he quickly combed his hair and pulled his clothes back on.  He popped a stick of gum into his mouth. He thought of Brian warm and naked in that big bed and he rubbed his cock feeling it respond just thinking about him.  The earthy smell that only Brian had. The texture of his skin that was different from any other man he had been with. He better slow down. It would be at least two hours before he got to the cottage, before he could touch those dark strands of hair.  He never mentioned it but there were more silver strands in it every year. He loved every inch of that man and every inch he could give him.




Justin had a car waiting for him and he only had the one bag.  Traffic was as light as it got in New York City. It was a little after 2:00 a.m. when the car pulled up to the gate and Justin gave the driver a hefty tip for picking him up that late.  He put in the code and disappeared into the garden. He prayed Brian hadn’t taken the hide a key out of the place they always kept it. It took Justin a couple of seconds but then he located it.  He had the code for the house but when he entered he saw Brian hadn’t even set it.  




Justin moved up the stairs to the bedroom. The door was open and moonlight fell on Brian’s face. It glowed. When he got closer he realized there were dried tears on his cheeks.  His heart wept for him. He removed his clothes and laid down next to him. He reached out and touched Brian’s cheek.




Brian’s eyes fluttered, “Now I’m seeing him. I must be really drunk.  I need you, Sunshine.” He started to turn over.




Justin reached out and touched his cheek again. This time he let his hand trail along Brian’s jawline. “I’m right here, Baby,” he traced Brian’s lips as he brought his mouth closer.




“It’s really you?”  Brian’s speech was slurred and in his drunken state, tears came again.




“Come here, Brian.” Justin took Brian in his arms and slowly brought his lips to his. As their lips touched, Justin’s tongue darted between his slightly parted lips.  He could still taste the liquor in Brian’s mouth. Brian’s tongue started a dance with Justin’s as his mind began to focus again. His arm pulled Justin’s naked body tightly against his. 




“It’s so horrible.  She’s so sad. I don’t know if she will ever forgive us.  I … I need you!” He tugged Justin’s top leg up to his hip maneuvered so he could slide between Justin’s legs, entering in one motion.”




Justin  swore softly as his body adjusted and as Brian started to move he was hitting Justin’s prostate with every movement.  Justin reached around Brian and found Brian’s puckered bud. He slid his finger in far enough to stroke Brian at the same time.  Their mouths continued to draw life from each other and as the pressure built in each of them they both felt whole again. As they both came, they felt alive again.




As they spooned together a little later,  Brian slipped back into Justin. Justin reveled in the feeling and wiggled his ass to get just another quarter of an inch.  Brian held onto him tightly. Softly he said, “How did you get here? You weren’t supposed to be here until tonight.”




“I had to come to be with you and to try to talk to Brinn.  I told the gallery to pack up the paintings without my supervision.  I hope they all get to Germany in one piece.” Justin started telling Brian about the last string of shows but soon he could hear the steady breathing of a sleeping man.  “Sleep soundly, my prince. I love you so much.” He closed his eyes and drifted off.





Marcus woke around 4:00 a.m. with an odd feeling.  He was restless so he carefully got up, not wanting to wake Dan and grabbed his robe as he walked out the room.  The moon cast shadows throughout the house. He glanced down the dark hall toward Danny’s room. He looked again. Those shadows were playing tricks on him.  It looked like the door was open. He went to the kitchen and ate a banana. He had worked up an appetite after the work out he and Dan had late into the night.  In fact, he was a little sore. Maybe that is why he woke up. After drinking some water he went back upstairs and again glanced toward Danny’s room. This time he walked down that hall.  He wouldn’t peak in on him because it would trigger the alarm that was on that door but when he got there the door was open. The room was empty and his bed had not been slept in. 




“DAN! Danny’s gone.”




Thirty minutes later the house had been thoroughly searched and the police had been called.  “I should have set that damn alarm before…” Marcus was completely dressed and was grabbing a heavy jacket.  “Where are you going, Red?” Dan asked gently.




“I’m going to go look for him.”




“He’s been gone for five or six hours.  Where are you going to start?”




“I don’t know but I can’t just stay here.”  He went to grab the flashlight. “Well, at least he has some light.” He glanced around and realized there was some food missing too.  “And food.”




Dan quickly opened a drawer on the desk where they kept a couple hundred dollars in cash but it was still there.  “He must not have known there was money in here.”




“He did know it was there.  Dan, I thought I was getting through to him.  I thought I was building a relationship.”




“Red, he didn’t leave because he didn’t like it here.  He left because he was afraid if he stayed he would become attached and have to leave later. At least that would be my guess.  I kept moving when I was in that situation. It hurt too much to become attached and there were more chances of getting found out.”




“Well, I need to go look for him.”  Marcus said as he walked to the door.




“Just don’t go far.  The police will be here soon and I am sure you will have more to tell them then I do. Red, Marcus,” he said softly, “I love you.”




The next couple hours were caos.  The police arrived but decided to wait until sunrise to start looking although a BOLO was put out with his picture at the area police departments. Marcus had come back to the house chilled to the bone and scared to death for Danny.  Dan held Marcus close trying to warm him up. “We should call Gus. He’s up by now.”




“I don’t think Danny would stop there. It’s too close but Gus could help pass the word and keep an eye out.” Dan pulled out his phone and called Gus.  




“Hey, Dan. What’s up?




“When do you head out to New York City?” 




“We leave in the morning.  You sound stressed.”




“Well, I am sure you heard we are housing the kid that was in jail with Kam.  Well, he ran away sometime late last night. If you see a kid with sandy brown hair about 14 years old, let us know, please.”  Dan asked.




“Of course, Dan.  And I will let Jim know to keep an eye out when he and the workers are in the vines.”




“Thanks, Gus.  And say hi to your dads.  We miss them.” Gus heard the sound of love in Dan’s voice.  He really was family.




“I will, Dan, and let me know if you find him.”




Gus walked over to Shelby who was feeding Taylor,  “We have a runaway in the neighborhood.”




“A runaway?”




“Ya, Dan and Marcus are sort of fostering a young teenager and he left last night so he just wants us to keep an eye out for him.  He isn’t dangerous or anything.”




“Oh, I bet they are going out of their minds, especially Marcus.”




“Ya,just keep an eye out.  I will stop by the main house and tell Jim, too.” Gus kissed Taylor on the forehead and then kissed Shelby long enough to make both of them want more. “Do you have any plans for today?”




“Well, besides packing for a long weekend for three people, this morning Mary is watching Taylor so I can work on Janna’s Hope.  This afternoon I will finish packing. I know you have your clothes packed except the stuff I need to wash today.”




“I might be a little late.  I need to make sure everything is set for the next few days so nothing holds up the project. I’ll call when I am on my way home.”




“I love you, Gussy. I’ll miss you today.”




“No, you won’t,” he smiled, “You are going to be way too busy to miss me.” He dropped one more kiss on each of their foreheads.  “I love you.”




When Shelby finished dressing, she decided to walk up to Mary’s.  It was cool but the sun was out and there was no wind. She bundled Taylor up and out they went.    As she walked past the cottages something looked out of place but she looked around a little and decided it was just her imagination.  She walked the rest of the way to Mary’s and left the stroller there. As she was nearing the cottages she was sure she saw the curtain move.  She had fond memories of these cottages. It is where she and Gus had started their lives together. In case she was being watched she acted as if she was getting a call rather than making one. She used voice activation and said, “Call Marcus.”




“Shelby?” A worried voice said.




“Hey, have you found him? Is it Danny?”




“No, no sign of him.”




“Well, I could be totally wrong but I think I saw movement in our cottages.  I’m going to check it out and I’ll call you later. If it is him it might be better if I can just sort of talk with him for a few minutes rather than being bombarded with police.”




“Oh Shelby, I hope you’re right.  I know you know how to handle kids.  Just let us know as soon as you can.”




Shelby walked up to the door and knocked, “Hello? Danny, are you here?”  Shelby entered and looked around the main room. There were signs that someone had been here or was here.  What if it was someone else? Someone dangerous? She pushed the bedroom door open and looked under the bed.




“Danny, my name’s Shelby.  Marcus and Dan are friends of mine.  They are really worried about you.” She debated between the bathroom door and the closet and picked the closet.  She slowly opened the door and sat down cross legged in the doorway. She could see the toe of a running shoe. She extended her hand into the dark.  “Hi, I’m Shelby.”




A hand came out of the dark back corner, “I’m Danny, but you know that.”




“Why don’t you come out of the shadows so I can see you?”  Danny moved a little closer. He looked younger than she expected, all arms and legs, definitely not shaving yet.  




“I bet you are getting a little chilly. Would you like me to turn the heat on? I know it still works.  My fathers in law always keep it ready for company.”




“Fathers in law?”




“Yes, my husband’s two fathers live in the main house over there.” She pointed in the right direction.




“Would that be Brian and Justin?”




“Well, yes…”




“Marcus and Dan have talked about them but didn’t tell me they lived so close.”




“So how about we get off the floor.  It is colder down here.” She looked at the rumpled bed, “Looks like you found a way to stay warm.” They stood up and she led the way to the living room and dropped on the sofa.  He sat on the chair next to it.




“Ya, it’s a nice bed. Do you live in that big, new house?”




“Yes, that’s where Gus and I live with our daughter, Taylor.”




“I saw you walk past.  Where is she now?”




“Taylor’s with the vintner’s wife.  She babysits when I need to get some work done.”




“Well, don’t let me stop you.  I’ll be on my way,” he threw her a smile and a wink.




“Ya, that’s not going to happen,” She smiled over at him.




“I didn’t think so. I’ll walk back…” Shelby was shaking her head.




“How about you walk with me back to my warm house.  I’ll call Dan and Marcus and have them call off the troops and then I will feed you some breakfast.  I’m a good cook.”




“I guess.  I don’t have much of a choice.”  Danny wasn’t sure why but he liked her and he felt comfortable with her.




As they walked Danny looked closely at the house.  “That is some amazing looking house you live in.”




“Thanks, we like it.  Gus and my best friend designed it and my husband built it.  He build Dan and Marcus’ place too.”




Shelby opened the door and they walked in.  “Take off your coat and your feet will warm up quicker if you take off your shoes and put on Gus’ slippers there.  They are very warm.”




“He won’t mind?  My dad got really mad if I….”




“Gus will not mind.  I am just going to make a quick call to Marcus so he can breath easy but you can stay here as long as you want. There is a fire on the other side of that wall.” Danny took the hint and walked into the family room.  He looked over the valley and could see Dan and Marcus’ house and was sure he saw some people walking in between, looking for him.




Shelby stepped even farther away into the mud room and called Marcus, “Shelby!”




“He’s fine.  He’s at my house and I am making him breakfast.  I will let you know when he is ready to talk to you.”




“Oh, Thank god.  I have to wait?”




“Marcus, if you trust me, please let me spend some time with him today.  He can help me with a project and I might be able to find out something about him.”




“Thanks, Shelby. Tell him...tell him I love him.”




“I will, Marcus.”




She set her phone down so he could tell he had her total attention and she walked into the family room.  She found him looking at their wedding picture. “Ready for eat.” He nodded and together they made him breakfast and as he sat down to eat she pulled out some of her paperwork for Janna’s Hope Foundation.   




“What kind of work is that?”




“It’s a charity that helps abused children and their families.  It was started in memory of my friend’s daughter who was murdered by her stepfather.  He probably also killed her mother.”




“Wow, that’s really sad. Did they get the guy?”




“He is in prison for life.  Our cousin’s wife and I run it from opposite coasts.  She’s a psychologist who counsels kids that have been abused.”




“I bet you went to school.   What are you trained to do?”




“I’m a teacher.  That’s how I ended up here and married to Gus, but you don’t want to hear all about that?”




“Actually, I would love to hear it. Of course, my dad would say I’m a fairy for wanting to gossip with the girls.”




“You aren’t a fairy, Danny, unless you like fairies.”




“My dad says gay men are always fairies.”




“Your dad  is very wrong.  My husband used to date men as well as women and I can’t think of a more amazing man.”




“Your husband likes men, too?”




Shelby had to smile.  “Well, now I think he has decided on me but when I met him he had dated mostly men.” He saw a glaze come over Danny’s eyes, “He is pretty cute, isn’t he? You’ll like him when you meet him, at least most people do.”




“Oh, I would make a fool of myself.”




“That’s ok.  He has made a fool of himself more than once. “





“Like I was saying I know a lot of very successful gay men.  Dan and Marcus and Brian and Justin have more money than they could spend.  They are all very strong, successful men. Was your dad a very successful man?”




“He does pretty good.  He runs his own business. My mom works with him.”




“What kind of business is it?”




“I like you Miss Shelby, but I’m not going to tell you that.”




“Can you at least tell me how old you are?”




“I’m fourteen. I started my freshman year in a new school and….” he turned away from Shelby.  “You never told me how being a teacher helped you meet your husband.”




“I didn’t.  Gus, my husband has a younger sister who is brilliant.  I do mean brilliant. Her birthday is next month. She will be 11 and she is in college.”




“That is smart!  And you don’t teach her anymore?”




“Brinn could teach me stuff now but her dads have her in a special school now.  That’s why I am working on this foundation part time which is enough with a three month old.”




“They told me I had to  start school next week. I can’t do that. I just don’t fit in with most kids and they want to send me into some kind of reform school.  Do you know what they will do to a kid like me?”




“I am sure Dan and Marcus would listen to you if you would just tell them.  Danny, Marcus and Dan love you already and I can see why. Give them a chance and be honest with them and, Danny, if you ever need to talk to someone I’m here almost all the time.  Although I am going to New York City for a long weekend. I will be back on Tuesday and I am serious, come see me.”




There was a knock on the door.  “I have a feeling Marcus couldn’t wait to see you were really alright.  Come in.” Marcus and Dan walked in together.  




Marcus walked over to Danny and pulled him close.   “I am so glad to see you and that you are alright. I was so worried.”




“I’m sorry,” Danny looked up at Marcus.    His arms wrapped around Marcus and his head dropped on his chest.




“Thanks, Shelby.  I was about to lose it when you called me. Danny, are you ready to go home? I think we have some things to talk about.”




“I guess.”                                          




Shelby looked at Dan, “Do you have a couple minutes? I have a question about our security system. I can drive you back.”




“We took separate vehicles because I need to head into town so no problem.” Dan looked at Marcus, “You ok with that?  I will stop by Tyler and Molly’s and drop off the papers for you.” He kissed Marcus and then for a moment looked and held Danny’s gaze.  “Don’t do that again.” He squeezed Danny’s shoulder. “I won’t be in town long.”




“Danny, remember, you are welcome anytime as long as you let one of these two know.”




“Thanks, Shelby.”  Danny and Marcus walked out.




“So what do you know?”  Dan sat on one of the stools by the counter.  




“Besides knowing I am not going to get my work done before heading out of town?”




“I’m sorry about that.”




“It’s alright.  He told me a couple things I thought you’d like to know.”




“His parents own a business.  He wouldn’t tell me what kind but I would guess he is from the south.  He called me Miss Shelby. I also know he’s 14 and he started high school this fall but left after a couple weeks I think.  And most importantly the two reasons he ran away. First, he doesn’t want to go home and second, he doesn’t want to go to school.”




“Well, we really can’t do much about either of those things. If his parents want him back we have to let him go and he has to go to school.”




“It sounds like his father was verbally abusive so you might have that on his side, and, I could teach him, if that’s Ok.  I’m a certified teacher and it might take a little prodding but I think you have the pull to do it.”




“Shelby, are you sure? I know he could use some stability and less stress and I think that might do it.”




“Well, if you can work it out I will plan to start on Wednesday.”




“Shelby, you have just made my life a lot easier because as much as I object, I don’t think Marcus is going to let this kid go easily.”




“Dan, he’s a really good kid. Maybe you will have to soften that marshmallow heart of yours.”




“It’s not that easy.  Thanks, Shelby. Have a great time in New York and one of us will be in touch.”  Dan kissed Shelby’s cheek and left.




Shelby looked at her watch and shrugged as she put on her coat to go get Taylor.  Good thing she worked with family that would understand.