- Text Size +

The overall situation one month before Gus is born


1. Brian is 29 (exactly as old as he is in the series) and is the owner of Kinnetik. He started it with the backing of Leo Brown 2 years before when he landed the account for Ryder. Brown wanted Brian but not Ryder. And so Kinnetik was born.

Cynthia and Ted were with Brian since the 1st day. Ted is CFO and Cynthia is office manager. Kinnetik is doing great. Brian, with Ted's help, is raking up the millions. He's the go to ad man of his side of the Eastcoast and firms from NY and LA are coming to him. Details will come later on.

2. Michael believes he is Brian's best friend and his one day partner and husband. Brian sees him as his adopted brother. The Brian and Mikey show only exists in the Novotny+Lindsay camp. Debbie is more like a mother torn between her two sons, and while she adores the bones of Brian she still thinks she owes Michael something for never telling him about his father. But she won't go as far as putting her life on hold for her son. She's with Carl and that's one thing Michael will have to deal with.

3. Lindsay is pregnant and and is convinced that her baby will give her a special place in Brian's life and complete access to his bank account. What she doesn't know is that Brian provided the sperm after Mel convinced him. Get ready for some nice shit.

4. Emmett is just starting his Party Planning business and is being helped by Brian and Ted.

5. Justin is a 22 year old up and coming artist. He is a little genius, getting rave reviews, has already had a couple solo shows in New York, and sold out, and is happily painting in the Pitts and his agent supports him. He's out to his parents who divorced because his mom supported him when his father threw him out. Jennifer is the realtor who found Kinnetik's building.

6. Melanie is Brian without a penis. She has a very good relationship with Brian to which Lindsay is oblivious. Mel is very much in love with Lindsay but is aware of her partner's duplicity and manipulative behavior.

New characters will be introduced however, and while their existence will affect Brian's life, they will remain supporting roles.