- Text Size +
Lindsay summoned her Wasp superpower and dissolved in tears. Hormonal Lindsay was a performance worthy of an oscar.

"How can he leave me like this? Were is he going? I'm pregnant with his kid. I need him here with me. What if something happens to me and the baby and he isn't here?"

Oh oh Melanie thought. As much as she loved Lindsay she hated those poor pregnant Lindsay tears filled pity parties. She had been privy to her partner's games and tricks for years now. The tears no longer moved her. The blatant attachment to Brian didn't enrage her against the man anymore. Brian was gay and, as far as he was concerned, Lindsay was no more than a friend from college, a member of their makeshift family, and, quite frankly, the woman pregnant with his kid. He wasn't competing with her for Lindsay's affections, and if she was frank with herself, being the object of Lindsay's affection wasn't something she really wanted to be. Yeah she loved her partner but that same love disgusted her with her own self.

"If anything happens, we'll call him. What is going to happen anyway? Make us all a favor and stop wondering about bad things happening to you or to our baby!"

Feeling she had pissed off her partner, Lindsay fired at Michael.

"Are you happy now Michael? He left because of you!"

"He did not! He left because your dickless wife forced him to pick Ted over me."

"Don't be stupid Michael. That is if you know how to not be stupid."

The tears had suddenly disappeared and she had her mother's ice cold glare in place. Hormones, or so she believed they thought!

"I'm Brian's best friend. Had been his best friend since we were fourteen. He would have never picked someone else over me. God knows what Melanie has on him. But let me tell the both of you, no one but me will be this kid's godfather. Now if you would excuse, I have a best friend to see before he leaves."

He was out the front door before Deb had time to catch him and force him back. She followed him out and started shouting from the porch.

"Come back here you little asshole. Brian needs his rest."

"Deb!" Ted shouted. "Leave him be!"

Deb slammed her front door and came back to the living room swearing to tan her idiotic son's ass once she gets her hands on him.

"Ted you should follow him. Brian needs his rest and I don't want them to fight before Brian's trip."

"They are not going to fight. Brian isn't at the loft and he has turned his cellphone off."

"He'll wait for him until he comes back to the loft to get ready for his trip."

"Deb, Brian won't be going to the loft. Not tonight, not tomorrow morning. Don't worry."

Deb was too distraught to pick up on what Ted was trying very hard to hide but Lindsay didn't like what she was hearing. First, Ted knew too much for her own good. Second, when did Brian stop sleeping at the loft. She knew Brian better than anyone and he hated sleepovers. He loved his bed and he loved sleeping in his bed.

Emmet was looking at all the food he and Deb prepared and that remained untouched. Well the boys at the shelter will happily clear the plates. He cleaned up, took the containers to his car and came back to make his excuses and tell Ted it was time to leave.

Ted stood up.

"Mel, Brian wanted me to give you this."

He handed her an envelope.

"Call me tomorrow and we'll go together to pick you new car."

"What?! No! I can't accept!"

"It's already paid for. All you need to do is pick the one you like. You don't want your kid to ride in your old car!"

Melanie was speechless.

Lindsay was seething.