- Text Size +

Ted was happy. He had just won the lottery known as Brian Kinney is back and he's about to deal with his wanna be wife and wanna be husband. He woke up earlier than usual, prepared breakfast and served it to Blake in bed. Then he took a shower and drove to work, remembering to pick two cups of Cynthia's favorite coffee. He avoided the liberty diner where he knew Michael was holding court rewriting Brian's life and Michael's importance in it, mistaking the queens' laughter at him for laughter with him. Whiny Mikey lived in a world where Brian loved him and only him. In that world Captain Astro lived down the road from Brian's place and ComiCons were the real Security Council meetings. But Ted wasn't fooled by Mikey's geekiness. The superheroes t-shirts and ratty jeans didn't hide Michael's real nature.

Ted parked in Kinnetik's underground parking. He'd been doing so for three weeks now. Call him a coward if you want, he doesn't care. He'd rather be accused of cowardice than have Michael waiting for him by his car.

Ted waltzed into Cynthia's office.

"Someone's happy today!"

"I finally get to watch Brian deal with his idiotic paramours. I'm a free man."

***

Brian strode into Kinnetiks at twenty to nine, 40 minutes after Ted's arrival. Brian was usually at the office before eight but Justin had distracted him, before going back to sleep while he had to shower on his own, get dressed outside the bedroom to not disturb his sleeping partner and silently slide outside the loft. The things he did for his blond twat. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Him, Brian Aiden Kinney, God's one and only gift to gay PA, was deeply, completely, irrevocably in love with a bitchy blond bubble butt twat.

At nine fifteen, his assistant buzzed him to tell him Michael was there and wanted to see.

"Send him in. And tell Ted he has 5 seconds to be in my office unless he wants to start looking for a new job."

Mary chuckled and let Michael in her boss' office. She hated the bastard. Then she called Ted and relied Brian's message, forgetting to mention that Michael was there.

Michael barged into Brian's office, full pout and puppy eyes mode on.

"Good morning Mikey! I thought you had plans with Ted and Emmet tonight."

What Michael heard: Brian loves me so much he asks around about my plans.

"I do."

Ted lightly knocked on the office door before coming in.

"Welcome back boss. We missed you."

"Yes Briaaaaan, we missed you so so much".

Brian, you coward asshole, Ted thought. Nevertheless, he unloaded the files he was holding on Brian’s desk and plonked down in one of the leather chairs.

What Michael saw: Jealous Ted barging in on him and Brian reconnecting.

“So Michael don’t you have to be at work?”

What Michael heard: Brian cares so much about me he doesn’t want me to have problems at work

“No. I called in sick.”

“You should go back home then. I don’t want you spreading your germs her and contaminating my employees.”

What Michael heard: Brian wants me to get some rest. He’s fearful for my health.

“I’m not sick. I just called in sick.”

You don’t say, Brian thought. Ted smirked at his boss.

“Why would you do that?”

What Michael heard: Brian wants to know details.

“Because I wanted to see you. Did you really think I would go to work on your first day back in the Pitts. I haven’t seen you in a month. I missed my best friend.”

“Good for him. Now, did you need anything?”

What Michael heard: Brian wants to make sure I have everything I need.

Oh no, don’t even think about it! Denial wasn’t just a river in Egypt; it was Michael’s modus operandi when hearing something he didn’t like.

“I want to spend time with you.”

“Well that’s my place of work and I’m a very busy person.”

What Michael heard: well, Michael wasn’t hearing anymore!

“But I called in sick to spend the day with you.”

Puppy look: check!

“You should call and tell them you feel better.”

“Briaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!”

The God forsaken whine: check!

Ted was in heaven.

“I’m fucking serious Michael. Get your flat ass out of my office and to the Crap Emporium.”

Full pout: check!

“I changed my mind.”

Winning smirk: check!

“I actually don’t care where you go. Just get the fuck out.”

Teary eyes: check!

“But I miss you so fucking much and I wanted to tell you that I have forgiven you”

“Forgiven me?”

What Michael heard: see, he wouldn’t do anything bad to me that I would have to forgive him. He loves me so much!

“For the trick who spoke to me on the phone!”

“Goodbye Michael.”

What Michael heard: he hates it that he hurt me he doesn’t want to talk about it.

“I love you too.”

Brian stood up and walked around his desk. Michael smiled so brightly he looked like a child on Christmas morning. But Santa hadn’t left any gifts. Brian took Michael by the elbow, forced him out of the chair and out of his office.

“I’ll see you at lunch at the diner!”

Brian slammed the door.

“Fucking bitch.”

Ted was laughing so hard teards were falling on his new Armani pants.