- Text Size +
CAUGHT UP

Nathan steps up to Liberty Diner and goes in. As he approaches the counter, A big woman behind the cash register bids a goodbye to a paying customer, "Great one Emmett, honey, I'll catch you had the party"

This Emmett gives Nathan a quick once over as he flitted by and was out of the door. Nathan watched him go and heard the big woman grunt a,"H-hem...what can I get you?"

Nathan glanced up at the menu, "Americano..."

The woman nodded and pointed to the booths, "Take a seat honey, I'll bring it over in a second"

Nathan sat down and looked about him. This place was full of rainbow colors and gay posters. The big woman came over with the Americano, "there you go honey...you can pay me when you leave"

Nathan nodded.

She looked at him, "I haven't see you in here before...you new in town...?"

"No..."

The woman laughed, "You look like a shy one...hey, don't be shy, WE are all friends in here, I'm Debbie by the way"

Nathan nodded and stared at the door as more customers came in.

This Debbie seemed to know everybody she served. A right nosy bitch by all accounts.

He drank his coffee and glanced at his watch. He was gonna leave it an hour or two before heading off to the Pink Parrot. Josh was right, that bar was way better than Woody's and less chance of bumping into that creep Brian.

Speaking of which..FUCK...it's him.

Brian breezed into the diner in an expensive suit and a leather folder underneath his arm.

"Strong and black Debs...", he announced, like he was the biggest and best customer in the joint.

Nathan shook his head and watched him sit up onto a stool and watched this Debbie woman make his drink.

Nathan downed his drink and stood up to leave, and Brian turned his head and saw him, he stretched out an arm to stop him, "Hey..."

"Fuck off"

Brian ignored a glance from Debbie and pulled a face at the youngster, "Excuse me?"

Nathan turned, "You expect me to stop and say Hi? When it's YOU who ignored my text, and get with another guy"

Brian laughed it off, "I didn't get no text from you...and Justin isn't just another guy"

Nathan reached for the door, "You calling me a liar? And I bet this Justin don't know about me"

Brian held his hands up at him and shook his head, then Nathan bolted out. Debbie leaned over the counter. "Wow...he's got some spirit"

Brian shrugged and sat back down with his coffee, "You can say that again"

Debbie fiddled with her pencil and notepad and was hanging about, Brian looked up, "Okay...what is it you want to know"

"Just erm...WHO is he?"

Brian sighed and sat back, "He's just some twinky I met a few weeks ago...and NO I haven't fucked him...and NO I not about to either"

Debbie went back to the counter, "He's gotta Justin look about him"

Brian picked up a newspaper that somebody had left behind, and shrugged her comment off dismissively, "Huh? I dare say, I haven't noticed..."

XXX

Nathan decided to give the Pink Parrot a miss and go home. It was all a disaster. Along with having a great night, he was hoping to catch sight of this other guy Brian had been with and tell him about him, but after seeing Brian, he lost his nerve...maybe it was just best to completely cut off all ties and start again.

There was other guys out there. Brian could go to hell.

His father and Rhona were still up watching the TV when he got back. Some trashy Sit-com.

Patrick turned his head as Nathan kicked off his sneakers, "Hey...you're home early"

Nathan shrugged at him and went up stairs to his bedroom, the dog, who had been asleep near the door, chased after him.

On his bed, Nathan made a fuss of the dog, "Fuck, Brewster...why are men such creeps"

Rhona then popped her head in, "Shush...I've just got put the baby down and don't want him woke up?"

Nathan frowned at her, "I know", he hissed.

Rhona was about to close the door when she waved her hand about the room, "Oh, I vacuumed the carpet...all that mud you bring in...I did under your bed"

Nathan snapped his head up, but Rhona had gone and closed the door. He then reached down and fished out the gay porn magazines from beneath the bed. She had seen them. His father knew he was gay, but not her.

He didn't trust her to keep her mouth shut.

XXX

The next day at breakfast, Rhona fed the baby. Nathan made himself some toast. She kept glancing at him and shrugged as she finished up feeding the infant.

"You certainly wouldn't know it"

Nathan looked at her, "What are you going on about?"

Rhona shook her head, "Nothing...why would I be going on about anything?"

Patrick came up the stairs with two great big ledger books in his tight grasp, "right, clear away that breakfast stuff will you honey, I gotta do these accounts"

Rhona did so and nodded, "Your brother Brad should be doing this...then again, he isn't that bright is he, just a motorhead...old fashioned...doesn't like anything that doesn't fit into his way of life..."

She threw a casual glance at Nathan and fed the dishwasher the plates.

Xxx

At the loft, Justin was lounging back on the couch with his feet up. He was on his cellphone speaking to his mother.

"...and he bought me a car! I couldn't believe it, it's so cool...a real classic, like grandpa used to drive"

"that sounds great honey, did you receive my gift in the mail?"

"Oh the vouchers yeah...thanks...so how are things there in LA"

"If you mean is my relationship with Cole going okay? It's great...life here is great, the real estate business is doing great and you can tell Brian that his little investment in the place is building up real nicely", told Jennifer.

Justin sighed, "I'll tell him...look...I miss you..."

"I miss you too honey...look, Cole was only saying to me the other day, you and Brian are welcome to spend a weekend at the beach house here"

Justin perked up, "that sounds just like what we need...I just want him to myself for the weekend, pin him down and organize this wedding, because he is starting to drag his heels"

"Brian and marriage never really went together, that's what you told me a few years back...and then there was New York"

Justin sighed again and pulled his fingers through his hair, "Maybe that's just it? Maybe that's why he's dragging his heels...MAYBE...he hasn't totally forgiven me"

There was a pause and then Jennifer said, "If it was me, I would have trust issues honey...you are MY son and I love you...but you just need to put yourself in his shoes..."

Justin nodded as he put the cell to his other ear, "I guess...look, I better go, I've got to get to a shift at the bar tonight"

"The bar again? It's all such a waste of your talents...I gather that the art expedition in San Francisco came to nothing ?"

"No...HE was there...I haven't told Brian, but any artwork I brought to the table was practically blacklisted...I guess he really hates me"

"Look, honey I'm gonna have to go, I'm on a sun lounger on the terrace, and Cole is gonna take me out, I call you tomorrow..."

"Okay...have a nice evening..."

"I will, and I spoke to Molly last week, she and Graham are coming to LA on Monday, Graham's football trials in Settle went well"

"I call her later, look, I'll see if Brian is up for the weekend at the beach house, speak to you tomorrow"

Justin ended the call and stood up to make dinner...then he looked at the table and the candle holders and had an idea...

Xxxx

At the garage, Nathan flicked away his cigarette, and went back to the car he was working on. An old Mustang that looked ready for the junk yard. Uncle Brad was laughing, "and you should have seen this chick, tits out here and legs up to here as she got out of the car"

Nathan shook his head, "Sounds...great"

"Fuck...what's wrong with you? Anybody would think that my nephew is a fucking fag"

Nathan swallowed down and did an inspection of the Mustangs engine. Brad went inside to make coffee and Nathan was already wondering if Rhona had spoken to him about the gay porn magazines in his bedroom.

As he was bent over the innards of the car engine, he heard a vehicle pull up onto the forecourt.

He looked up and nearly gasped out in sheer horror as the jeep came to a stop.

In a flash pair of shades and a flash suit to boot, Brian climbed out with a smile, "Hey..."

Nathan wiped his hands over his overalls as he came forward, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Brian laughed and raised his hands in defense, "Hey..come on...I've just brought in my jeep...it needs a service"

Nathan shook his head, "Not here! You can go anywhere in town...why would you come here?"

Brian chuckled as he leaned up against the hood of the jeep, "Well...I was just thinking WHO do I know that is a car mechanic, and then I thought about you...mores to say, I thought about it sooner, after your little tirade at me in the diner"

Nathan shook his head, "I'm sorry...I'm sorry we even met...I told you I got the picture...that you are seeing this Justin, why are you still bothering me..."

Just then, Uncle Brad was coming back with a mug of coffee. He squinted in the sunshine focusing on Brian...and his face turned.

"FUCK...it's YOU...Brian Kinney"

Brian looked up and frowned at the announcement, then his guard shifted, "Brad Maloney...it's been a long time"

Nathan turned to Brian, "You KNOW him?", he hissed.

Brad came forward, "Oh I know Brian Kinney alright...everybody in my senior year at High School knew about that FAG Brian Kinney and his disgusting FAG mouth"

Brian laughed and leaned in forward, "Didn't stop you from shoving your hard cock into it...remember the weekend at the lake"

Nathan pulled a face. The thought of his uncle and Brian together.

But the lad jumped back as Brad leaped forward and shoved Brian into the side of the jeep, "Shut your disgusting filthy mouth, and get back in that piece of junk, and get the hell outta here",

Brian smiled and pushed Brad's hands off him and looked about the place, "I can see you've done well in life...oh...my mistake, isn't it his father that owns this joint?"

Brad was giving him such evils. Brian shrugged and climbed into the jeep. Brad leaned in the window, "and DON'T EVER come back here...", he cried...a more of a plea.

Brian glanced at Nathan, then fired up the engine and drove off. Brad turned around and approached him pointing his finger at him, "You just keep that mouth shut boy...he talks horseshit"

He stormed off inside, Nathan bit his lip, so...big bad Uncle Brad wasn't the big butch straight guy he thought he was...

Xxx

Meanwhile back at the loft, Justin was busy, he had called in sick at the bar, then cleaned down the table. Then he topped it with a nice white tablecloth, before placing a nice red rose candle in the center of the table.

The place mats were set. The cutlery was in place. The chicken was in the oven and the potatoes were roasting.

And now, just out from the shower, he sat there in his boxer-shorts, all fresh and smelling nice for his man on the couch and talk to him about a romantic weekend at the beach house...

XXXXX