- Text Size +
DIVE IN THE POOL

"Just here will do" instructed Nathan pointing to the curb. Patrick stopped the car and looked at him, " so where is it you are off to again...you have certainly made the effort"

Nathan looked down to his grey checkered shirt and new jeans as he said it. He had gone out especially to get them the day before, he looked up and rolled his eyes his father, as he grabbed hold of the door handle to leave, " I told you, I'm meeting someone in a club..."

"This Brian?...the guy who found your cellphone? How old is he anyway?", It had taken a bit of coaxing, but with a few words in the right places, Patrick had managed to get it out of him, eventually.

"Sure, and who cares how old he is... can I go? Or are you just gonna start giving me the third degree, now?" snapped Nathan, getting irritated with his Dads questioning. Patrick smiled at him, " I just want you to have a good night , that's all...it's just a pity you seem to have to hide from everyone"

Nathan was opening the door, " I'm NOT having this conversation with you now, BYE Dad, thanks for the ride..."

Patrick watched him hurry across the road to the bar on the corner. The Pink Parrot. The garage owner knew this was a gay club, it had been so for years. He just hoped that Nathan would just let his hair down and have a good time...

...it would certainly make for an easier life if he did...

Xxx

Nathan was nervous as hell as he stood at the glass doors of the Pink Parrot and looked down inside. He could see the tables crammed full of drinkers having a good laugh and a joke, and drinking beer.

It looked like any other club, like he had gone into many many times with Adam in the past, but this one was different, this was a gay club. There was a difference. To him there was anyway.

After stalking it for a while, he plucked up enough courage to go inside, and headed down the steps. The music was invading his ears no sooner he was at the bottom. The bar was busy, and all around him men were milling around talking and chatting. With a unsure gaze, he looked around him some more, and at the same time he thought that they were all staring back at him. That's what it felt like anyway.

He slowly headed into the direction of the bar, and stood up behind a couple waiting to get served. They were kissing and eachothers faces off.

It was different in the park. In the park it was quiet, no one bothered you...you just went to get what you 'came for' and go...but here...it was just too friendly...too involved.

At last the bar was free and after glancing at the frolicking couple, he looked at the smily bartender, " what can I get you good-looking?"

Nathan forced on a nervous smile, " two Beers, please"

The bartender grabbed two bottles and uncapped them. He looked up at him, " I haven't seen you in here before, just moved here have you?"

Nathan shrugged back at him, why was he asking all these questions...was this a come on?

The bartender placed the bottles on the bar top, the white head running down over the top, " I wish..." he teased, noticing Nathan was staring at it. But it was wasted on him, Nathan was just not with it.

He paid the man and turned around to watch the men around him, and then glanced at his watch...it had gone 9...Brian was late again...he was late on Friday at the park...and now he was late again.

But Brian was actually there watching him, as he came down the last few steps to the club, he smiled at himself...poor Nathan looked all lost on his own...all unsure...it was SO cute to watch.

He finally came over to him. Nathan looked up as the older guy was beaming a greeting to him, "You came then...for just for a moment back, I was wondering if you would show up tonight"

Nathan frowned at him, " It's YOU who is late..."

Brian shook his head, throwing a thumb behind his shoulder, " No I didn't mean that, I meant..." he shook his head again, " it doesn't matter..." he then looked at the beer in the car mechanics tight grasp, he pulled his brow together, " So...did you buy me a beer?"

Nathan turned and slid a bottle across the bar, " I wasn't sure it's what you drink, but I got it anyway"

Brian pointed to the bottle, " It's not my first choice...but all is good" he laughed in jest.

Nathan shrugged at him. But he was careful not to make eye contact with him.

Brian smiled and lifted the beer and drank some. They both stood there looking about them, but not to each other. Why was it like this always between them?

Brian nods over to the pool table, " well...I said to you I would give you a game didn't I, so how about it...are you willing to get thrashed by me?", he flashed a grin as he said it.

Nathan mulled it over, and turned his head, " are you saying that you can beat me?" Brian laughed at him," To be fair, not many people do...but you can always try...that's if you're not too scared" his tone of voice had become all playful now.

Nathan raised his eyebrows at him, " you're on..."

Brian pulled out his wallet and shoved 10 dollars in the bartenders face, " hey, can I have some change for the pool table please Jack...?"

The bartender was fluttering his eyelashes back at him, " for you Brian the stud, ANYTHING!"

Brian quickly took the change and taking his beer, led Nathan to the pool table. It was still busy at the moment, so Brian pointed over to a nearby table, " lets sit down, and wait until it's free"

Nathan just nodded and plonked himself down...again looking away from Brian. But this time, the executive was looking directly at Nathan...he sniffed taking in what the blonde was wearing, " so...is that shirt new?"

Nathan faced him, "what?"

Brian fingers the shirt, " this! Is it new?"

Nathan wasn't going to acknowledge to that, he would look like a right twot, "No! I've had it for ages"

Brian was smirking at him and looked the other way...but on doing so he said, " then you better be taking that price tag off, huh?"

Nathan instantly had his hands to his neck trying to find the giveaway tag...before he realized that Brian was just teasing him, " I'm only jerking you about...It's a nice shirt...you look hot"

Nathan swallowed, not sure whether to be annoyed or not, instead he nodded to the pool table, " have THEY nearly finished or what!"

Brian turned his head to find out, and at the same time met eye contact with someone approaching from the bar, " Hey Brian! I thought it was you!"

Brian stood up and laughed awkwardly, " Hey Danny, hi..." Nathan could sense that the older guy didn't want to introduce him...like he was trying to hide something.

"So where's Justin? At work is he..."

Brian shrugged, " He flew out to San Francisco this morning...he's at some artists expedition trying to get some new inspiration for his new piece...so yeah is is kinda work...but I'm sure he'll find someone to play with down there...", he said knowingly.

Danny turned and saw Nathan sitting there, " so...who's your friend, or is he just a..."

Brian was laughing now, but shaking his head, " he's just some guy actually...he's a mechanic...he fixed my jeep...I said I would buy him drink because he did it as a favor..."

Danny raised his eyebrows, " well...I'll leave you to your 'thank you' then..." he teased and headed off. Brian watched him go and just wanted to kick himself...Danny was more Justin's friend than his...it was very rare for any of the gang to come here usually, this was just his luck...this was bound to get back to him, him having a drink with another guy...instead of meeting a random in a lay-by or backroom.

Justin might get the wrong idea.

Nathan meanwhile had noticed that the pool table was free. He stood up and pointed at it, "they've gone...still wanna play?" there was an unsure edge to that question, and Brian was picking up on the vibe.

He snatched up a cue stick and looked up, " what did you mean by 'still' wanna play?", Nathan took his cue and shrugged his shoulders as he watched two guys kiss in the corner,

" I dunno...just got that impression from you..."

Brian put a dollar into the slot and let the balls roll in up the arm, " well don't...COURSE i wanna game"

Nathan watched as Brian set up the table, " so who was he?...a friend was he?"

Brian tossed a coin, " heads or tails...?" he trailed off looking back at him.

"tails..."

Brian lifted his hand and smiled, " tails it is...YOU can start", Nathan leaned in and did so, giving Brian a cheeky chance of having a good old perve of the car machanic's cute butt, Nathan took his shot and realised he still hadn't had an answer to his question, "Sooo, who was he...that guy?"

Brian was evasive as he took his shot, " no one special...just someone I know...", he flashed a big grin at him, "...I know a lot of people"

Nathan leaned on his cue stick, and watched as Brian potted the balls one by one...this guy was right, he was good...COCKY...but good, "so'a...why didn't you introduce me? I'm new around here...it'll be good to get to know other guys..."

Brian missed his next shot and slowly looked up, and pulled a frown at him " that was your fault, you distracted me..."

Nathan ignored him and took his next go, " is it because...you are ashamed of me?"

This grabbed the older guys attention in an instant. He looked about him and came forward, "where the fuck did that come from?"

Nathan stared right at him over the pool table, " ... I dunno, the way we met...in the bushes, like..."

Brian laughed at him, " Nathan I am NOT ashamed of you...I meet guys in the bushes ALL the time as well as in parks, trailers, backrooms, fuck parties and sauna's, you name it, the sleazier and the cruisier the better...why would you be any special!"

A hot guy then came forward looked at Brian and then turned his attention to Nathan...the guy was not bad looking...about 20 or so with dark spiky hair and his hand seemed to clutch over a probable semi hard-on, as he brushed past the car mechanic...Brian grinned to himself...it seemed his new buddy Nathan had an admirer...but even as he smiled it off...this seemed to bother him...he never felt like that before...

In-fact, if the truth be known, if Nathan had been Justin this evening...then Justin would be no sooner than sucking off the guys fat cock in the clubs backroom while Justin had a finger up his ass...while he sat outside having a drink waiting for him.

Nathan glanced at the guy unsurely and then looked the other way.

The guy was quick to leave after that brush off. Brian came forward giving the table a once over, " my shot is it...? Well I'll be on a roll here, so why don't you..." he pulled out his wallet and handed Nathan a ten dollars, "...go and get some more beers in...and one for your new ahem, friend" he joked.

Xxxx

It was midnight when they stepped out into the fresh air. The streets were still busy, even for a Sunday night. Brian turned his head and looked at Nathan," That guy back there was really cruising you..." he teased him.

Nathan pulled a face, " Why would he be?", Brian laughed and faced him, both stood on the curbside, " why wouldn't he...you are a hot guy"

Nathan lifted his gaze and met Brian's. Brian just wanted to grab hold of him and kiss him down the nearest ally, or maybe go to the park or in the back of the jeep. But that would be it for them if they did...because as far as Brian was concerned he had picked up a guy, fucked him and that was the end of it...

...he wanted to see Nathan again...why did he? He wished he knew...he never usually felt like this with other guys, it was Justin he always thought about...well, he did do until he met Nathan...

Nathan nods towards the line of cabs, " I should get a cab now, before it gets busy"

Brian acted on impulse...he leaned in and kissed Nathan on the lips. Nathan liked it. It felt abit wierd at first because the only guy he had ever kissed was Adam...and he never kissed back because he had got it all wrong with him, but this...it made him feel all funny inside...made his heart race.

Even out cruising, he would only jerk off with a guy...the once or twice he had actually plucked up enough courage to go through with it. Nathan pulled away quickly. He has only just registering that they were kissing on the street.

Brian watched as Nathan licked his lips...he could taste the beer off Brian, " are you okay? Sorry about that...it was a bit forward I know...", Brian could kick himself for his weakness, not just for the kiss but the very thought he had broken the rule.

No three times...as well as kissing him, this guy also knew his name and his number.

But Nathan was nodding his head, " no...I liked it...it's just that..." he looked at the cabs, "i've gotta go...do you want to meet up again?...I can call you"

Trying to focus on realilty, Brian was immediately shaking his head in a negative way, " no no...don't call me...I'll call you"

It took a few minutes for him to grasp, but Nathan took that as a brush off, he backed away up the sidewalk, "...don't bother! I I know the score!" and with that all red faced, he stormed off into the direction of the waiting cabs.

Not the best decision, but Brian chased after him grabbing hold of Nathan's arm, " Hey, wait up! It's not that I'm not interested in you...because... I am"

Nathan leaned up against the wall, Brian was taking in every detail of his face before he spoke, " Do you like Chinese...?"

Nathan frowned, why was he asking him that for?

"errrr, yeah" he nodded. Brian smiled at him, " that's good then...because I'll take you out for one..."

Fuck...that's four times, a date.

Nathan perked up a bit, realizing Brian was interested in seeing him again after all, "alright, when?"

Brian tried to mentally picture in his head Justin's shift pattern on the calendar back at the loft apartment, he was sure he was working all the weekend when he flew back home from San Francisco, " how does Saturday night grab you?"

Nathan watched a cab pull up, " sounds swell, but I've really gotta shoot...text me then..."

Brian nods and watched Nathan jump into the back of the cab and it drove off.

Brian stood there for a while watching it before he pulled out his cell and read the text. He knew he had received one, because he had felt it vibrate in his pocket whilst talking to Nathan just then.

MISS YOU. DID SOMEONE TONIGHT...IT'S FUNNY NO ONE DOES IT TO ME LIKE YOU DO...NITE NITE...LOVE&KISSES SUNSHINE xx...**OH YEAH ALMOST FORGOT HOPE YOU HAD FUN AT PINK PARROT**

Brian shook his head and looked about him. Fuck. There was only one way he knew he had been in the Pink Parrot...

He slowly strolled off up the street with his hands dug deep into his pockets...not realizing that he was being watched by someone in the shadows...

xxxxx