- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

still posting- Hope you guys are still reading.

 

Week 28

 

Cynthia could no longer hide her pregnancy and people at Kinnetik as well as clients commented on her expanding middle.   Brian decided he was tired of hearing the poorly disguised whispers and he was determined to stop the gossip. Brian stood in front of the long conference table, its cherry wood shining under the bright lights.  Remembering when he first started Kinnetik and it was just him, Cynthia, and Ted on a shoestring budget brought a smile to his face and a shot of "I told you so" to all the naysayers in the business.  He'd worked hard and now he was about to embark on an even scarier journey, one he could not turn his back on nor did he want to.

 

"As all of you know Cynthia is pregnant."  Brian glanced around the room as most of his employees moved their eyes toward his assistant.  "Normally I wouldn't give a rat's ass about her pregnancy but this time it's personal.  She is carrying my and Justin's child. Break time is over.  Let's go back to work."  Brian dismissed his staff and they returned to their work stations and offices.

 

"That's it.  You didn't ... "  Ted started to comment, but Brian cut him off before he could go any further.

 

"I was tired of the looks Cynthia was getting from people. I know better than to think just because folks work here they don't gossip.  I will not have my child gossiped about, even before it is born.  I answered all the questions in a quick five minute meeting. Now I won't hear the constant speculation about whose baby it is and whether she'll come back to work after it's born."

 

Ted nodded and said, "Okay, Bri.  You're the boss."

 

"Theodore, do you have the third quarter expenditures for me to review or are we going to stand in the conference room and talk about Cynthia all morning? "  Brian opened the door and walked toward his office, not even watching or waiting for Ted to follow.  Ted followed and the day continued like any other day at Kinnetik.

 

Week 32

 

Justin rolled out of bed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.  Staggering to the bathroom, he turned the water on in the shower and went to the bathroom as the water heated.  After flushing the toilet he felt Brian's arms go around his waist and pull him close.

 

"You're up early for a weekend.   Couldn't sleep?"  Brian asked as he gently kissed Justin behind the ear.

 

"No.  Lamaze class is this weekend.  I'm Cynthia's partner so I need to be there.  You can still change your mind and come too.  Even though it's my biological child, it's your child too."

 

"No thanks.  It's bad enough seeing her belly grow every week.  I think I would be scarred for life seeing her twat as she gives birth."  Brian gave a shiver and smiled at Justin.  "I still like the idea of Cynthia being the biological mother of our child, but the reality of seeing her pregnant is a totally different matter."

 

Justin stepped into the shower and turned the water a little hotter.  Brian followed him and grabbed the shampoo to wash his hair.

 

"Having second thoughts about Cynthia being our surrogate?"  Justin asked as he tilted his head back ensuring the shampoo stayed out of his eyes. "Child birth is natural; almost all men join their partners in the delivery room.  The miracle of birth is really a once in a lifetime event."  Justin said as he sounded like the proverbial public service announcement.

 

"I have to work with Cynthia after the birth of our child and I don't think there is enough brain bleach to take the vision of her giving birth out of my mind.  Better not put it in there and just see the baby after it's born."  Brian rinsed the shampoo out of Justin's hair and he handed the soap to Justin.

 

"Don't you ever wish you had been there when Gus was born?"

 

"Nope.  I saw him when he was a few hours old and I think it hasn't affected my relationship with him at all.  We are very close.  I'll be at the hospital and you can keep me up to date while I sit in the waiting room.  After it's born, I'll see it,"  Brian said, the finality of his tone brooked no discussion. 

 

Justin took the soap from Brian and nodded his head slightly, wishing that Brian was interested in seeing the birth of their child, but also understanding why he wouldn't do so.  He had already decided to take some videos and if Brian ever expressed an interest in seeing the birth, he would be able to do so.  Justin soaped Brian's chest and arms and when the water washed the soap off his chiseled body, Justin proceeded to kiss and lick the magnificent skin.  

 

Continuing the washing and cleansing routine, he made his way down Brian's body till he was at his cock.  He soaped the cock and used the suds to add friction and slide to his hands.  Quickly bringing Brian off, he leaned down to swallow his morning treat.

 

Brian's hands went to Justin's arms and pulled him up while turning him around to face the shower tiles.  He grabbed the soap, making suds with his hands and running them up and down Justin's crack, making it slick and ready for their joining. 

 

"Do it," Justin urged as he braced his hands against the tile and spread his feet to a comfortable stance.

 

Brian took his hard cock in his hand, running the swollen head over Justin's sensitive skin and then with a push, entered Justin swiftly.  Justin groaned with pleasure and pushed back to feel the cock fill his passage. Brian grabbed Justin's hips pulling his partner toward him with abandon. 

 

There was nothing like being inside of Justin, the walls of his channel hugging his cock and the feeling of connection he felt when they were joined in the most intimate way.   Bareback was nothing like he expected; it was 1000 times more stimulating and fulfilling then he ever imagined.  He loved Justin and no matter how many times they had sex, he didn't think he would ever tire of the feelings.

 

Soon his body was completing a race to a finish that he was always sad to win.  His heart pumped hard at the exertion and his mind filled with a one thought- completion- orgasm.  He felt the familiar tingling in his low back, signaling the end of the familiar race.  Pulling Justin to him in several quick focused strokes, he shot deep into his partner as Justin shot his load on the tile.  As the adrenaline dissipated from his limbs, he pulled out, but continued to hold Justin, his arms wrapped around his torso and his lips kissing his neck.

 

They stood there under the spray of water until their bodies returned to normal.  Justin pulled away, regretting leaving the connection he always felt after they made love.

 

"I have to go.  Cynthia said it starts at 9:00."  He turned off the shower and got out, quickly drying his body.  He dressed quickly, grabbed his keys off the hook near the garage and glanced at the clock on the microwave.   Driving to the Starbucks close to the office where the classes were being held, he grabbed two cinnamon bagels and 2 cups of coffee.

 

As he entered the room, he saw 5 couples and Cynthia.  She was sitting in a chair and had two oversized pillows and a blanket with her.  Walking toward her, he held up the bag of bagels and she smiled.

 

"Thanks.  It's getting harder to sleep these days and I could use the caffeine." She said as she grabbed one of the cups out of the cardboard carrying container.  She inhaled the aroma from the cup and a smile came over her face.  Taking the lid off, she blew over the top and then took a tentative sip. "mmm"

 

"Guess all the runs for Kinnetik have paid off.  I actually know what you like in your coffee."

 

She sipped some more coffee and took a few bites from her bagel.  "Cinnamon.  How'd you know I like Cinnamon bagels?"

 

"I go in the break room a lot and there are always Cinnamon bagels in the box.  One time there was only one left and I started to take it, but Brian informed me that it was yours and that I better leave it alone."

 

Cynthia laughed.  "He never ceases to amaze me.  He wants people to think that he doesn't watch or pay attention to the little things, but he does.  He will make a great father.  I mean I've seen him with Gus and he is wonderful, but this child is for the two of you.  Gus is..."  She started the sentence, but realized she didn't want to offend Justin.

 

"Its fine, Cynthia.  Brian will be the first to tell you he didn't expect to be a father to Gus, only the sperm donor.  He was more than surprised to realize that he loves the little boy and can't imagine his life without him.  As for our baby," Justin gently put his hand on Cynthia's swollen abdomen and smiled.  "Brian is going in with eyes wide open.  This is our child and we are raising it together."

 

Cynthia didn't have time to answer as the instructor clapped her hands together and instructed the couples to move their chairs in a circle.

 

"We're going to be spending most of the next two days with each other so I'd like to have everyone introduce themselves and tell a little something about yourselves."

 

Cynthia and Justin looked at each other and both smirked.  Justin whispered, "I'm not ashamed of us, I'll go first." 

 

When it was their turn, Justin introduced himself. "I'm Justin Taylor and this is our surrogate, Cynthia.  My husband and I are so excited about this addition to our family and I'm going to be Cynthia's partner during the birth of our child.

 

There were a few uneasy looks but since the passing of the marriage equality act, no one questioned their right to call each other husband and be accepted by the legal system.  Justin knew that legislation could not change people's thoughts, but it did impact the legal process.   He hoped when their child was grown, his/ her parent's marriage would be a non-topic. 

 

The instructor began the workshop with a very detailed (pictures and posters included) discussion of the biology of birth.  She discussed everything from the pre labor Braxton Hicks contractions that many women experience to the birthing of the placenta.  Justin had taken biology in high school but he didn't remember ever going over the information involving birth to such great detail. The instructor had spoken for almost 2 hours and gave them a break.  

 

"I think we're short changing you in this surrogacy thing, Cynthia.  I had no idea that your body went through so many changes and that you would have to go through all that just to get the little guy out.  I'm sorry," Justin said as he looked at her swollen belly and imagined a tiny human coming out of her vagina.  It just didn't seem possible that a hole that small could open that large.

 

"As Brian says, no apologies, no regrets.  My sister was pregnant a few years ago and she spoke quite freely about the joys of carrying a child.  I've had many really close friends that have had kids too.  I knew what I was volunteering for.  Besides, I'd rather me be the one carrying your child than a complete stranger, or worse, Lindsay.   I love Brian in my own way; he's given me so much.  I would never be where I am today without him."   Cynthia faced glowed as she talked about Brian and Justin's alarm bells rang in his head.

 

Cynthia watched as Justin's face became a mask, no feelings evident, and realized the impact her words had on Justin.   "NO!  Don't go thinking I'm in love with him and secretly think I'm having his love child."  She took Justin's hand in hers and squeezed it gently.  "I think you are a saint for being Brian's partner.  I don't think I could ever do that. The man has a short fuse and fierce temper."  She placed her hand on her abdomen as the baby kicked, reacting unconsciously to the drama in the room.   "I wanted this for both of you and after watching you deal with all the shit that has gone on for the last several years, I thought I could at least make this journey easier for you."  She exhaled a deep breath when she watched Justin relax his face and a small smile brighten it.   "Besides, this way I guarantee I will have a niece or nephew that I will see pretty regularly.  I only see my nephew a few times a year and I like being the indulgent aunt.  Unfortunately, he really doesn't know me well and sort of cowers in the corner when they visit."

 

"You know its all show.  Brian is the most caring and gentle man and he will do anything for those he loves."

 

"Maybe at home, but at work...."

 

"I know if you thought he was so terrible, we wouldn't be sitting here in this Lamaze class.  Thank you."  Justin leaned over and gave Cynthia a hug as a tiny drop of moisture slipped down his cheek.  He wiped it away with his hand and said, "You're the best."

 

When they returned from the break, the instructor showed a film of an actual birth and a "C" section.

 

During the break after that section, Justin and Cynthia got up to walk around the facility.  It was a beautiful winter day and they agreed to walk outside to enjoy the bright sunshine. Luckily the weather was cooperating today.  The true cold of Pittsburgh winters had stayed away, but both of them knew the bitter cold and snow might come again. 

 

"I tried to get Brian to come with me today, guilting him that he should be there for all the parts of the birth of our child, but I'm beginning to think he has the right idea.  Birth is really gross.   All that blood and stuff and the baby is covered in it."

 

Justin allowed Cynthia to set the pace. She loosened the scarf around her neck to allow a little cool air in.  "One benefit of being pregnant in the winter is I'm not cold." Cynthia laughed.  "What did you think would happen?  The baby is just born with smooth skin and no blood?"

 

"Actually I hadn't thought about it.  I was thinking of videotaping the birth for Brian so he could see it later, but I think I've changed my mind.  I can't see him ever watching the event."  Justin paled a little at the thought of watching it himself.

 

"My friends tell me that you really don't notice all the other stuff.  Giving birth and  then you have a tiny baby when it's done is so amazing that you just gloss over the birthing process."  Cynthia is enjoying Justin's sudden realization of the messiness of birth.  She silently thinks watching him in the hospital will keep her mind off labor.  She'll be trying to comfort him instead of vice versa.   "I think Brian is right.  It would be really weird for him to be there.   When he told the staff that my baby is actually his- there was stunned silence in the room."

 

"I wish I'd seen that."

 

"It was pure Brian.  He said I'm sure you all have noticed that Cynthia is pregnant and watched as the staff nodded in agreement.  Then he said that the baby is his, now go back to work."  Cynthia smiled at the memory.

 

"Pure Brian.  Matter of fact.   Just stated the obvious and moved on.  Although I can't really imagine any other way to do it.  He's not the touchy feely type."  Justin stopped his walk and turned toward Cynthia and changed his voice to a deep one, like his partner.  "I'm sure you have noticed that Cynthia is pregnant.  What you don't know is that she is carrying a child for me and Justin.  We are so happy that she offered to do this for us.  Please give her a little leeway."  Justin brought his hand over his face pretending to erase the mask.  They both laughed for several moments at the fake rendition.

 

"I guess we need to get back. Wonder what fascinating topics she'll have for us next?"  Justin opened the door and Cynthia walked through. She stopped at the restroom.  "Go ahead.  I'll meet you inside.  There are definitely some things I will not miss about being pregnant."

 

Justin returned to the room where the instructor covered anesthesia next.  She showed them several needles as well as the hook the doctors use to break the water.  He paled as he looked at the instruments and glanced at Cynthia, watching to see her reaction.  She nodded and made notes on the side of the papers that were handed out with the class.

 

"Those look like instruments of torture.  I'm so sorry, Cynthia.  If I'd known..."  Justin stammered as he tried to gulp some air into his lungs.

 

"Justin, whether it was me or a total stranger, the birthing process would be the same.  It will be fine.  If you talk to any woman, she will tell you that she really doesn't remember labor too much," Cynthia said as she whispered quietly, trying not to disturb her fellow classmates.

 

After each topic, the teacher gave the couples a break and encouraged them to move around and stretch.  Cynthia and Justin walked around the building again.  The building housed several suites of medical offices and their classroom was on the first floor of the three story structure.  It was in a residential neighborhood and there were several strip malls close by.  When it was time for lunch, Justin drove them to a Crazy Bowls and Wraps, deciding he should go the healthy route since he was with Cynthia. 

 

"I had no idea there was so much to learn about having a baby.  It's pretty scary ... the birthing stuff, but the instructor said she would cover taking the baby home, giving it a bath and care of the umbilical cord tomorrow.  Maybe Brian should come tomorrow.  All the labor stuff will be finished."  Justin bit into his Greek wrap with feta cheese and Kalamata olives. He'd ordered a yogurt mango shake and had almost finished it. 

 

Cynthia finished her Mediterranean rice bowl and sipped her ice tea.  She pulled out her packet detailing the topics for the weekend and flipped to the second sheet.  "Yeah.  He could come tomorrow.  As you said, all the gross stuff will be done today.  I doubt he really took care of Gus too much as a newborn.  I doubt Lindsay would have trusted him."

 

Justin rolled his eyes as he remembered the time Melanie came barging into the loft while he was babysitting and practically accused him of trying to burn Gus with a too warm bottle. "You're probably right.  At that time, he was still under the delusion that he was just the sperm donor."

 

Justin gathered their trash and brought it to the bin and refilled Cynthia's tea.  He put a top on it and brought it back to the table.  "Ready to hear more about breathing and pain relief?" he joked.

 

"Sure."

 

They returned to the classroom and finished their training for the day. Justin walked Cynthia to her car. 

 

"I'll talk to Brian. See if I can get him to come tomorrow.  I think he will learn a lot."

 

They drove off and Justin went home to talk to Brian.  Brian was finishing his workout when Justin came in.  He turned off the treadmill and hung the towel around his neck.  Walking to Justin, he leaned down to kiss him and Justin inhaled deeply, enjoying his sweaty partner.  Brian's sweaty body reminded him a lot of sex, as they often were sweaty and slick by the time they were finished and the smell of Brian after a workout was such a turn on.

 

"Have fun dear?" Brian teased.

 

"I guess.  I just want to say I'm glad that I'm not a woman and have to give birth.  It's painful and gross.  Did you know..."

 

"Stop right there.  There was a very good reason that I said I was not going today.  You said it yourself.  Pain and disgusting- Two really good reasons not to be there when the baby comes out."

 

After the information he learned today, Justin was in agreement with Brian, but he still wanted to be present at the birth of their child- well his child.  It was his biological child and he justified his desire to see it brought into the world, no matter how gross it was. 

 

"True.  But tomorrow the instructor is talking about bringing the baby home:  bathing it, changing diapers, care of the umbilical cord, feeding it.  None of the gross stuff.  You should come." 

 

Justin decided Brian might need some enticement to get him to agree.    "I'll give you five blow jobs if you come."  He trailed his finger down Brian's chest and pulled at the waistband of his gym shorts. Brian smiled at Justin's antics, but remained quiet.  Justin put his hand inside the shorts, finding Brian's cock and stroking it a few times.   "I'll rim you..."  He stroked the hardening cock a few more times and palmed the head as it became wet with precum.  "Come on, Brian."  Justin urged. Justin could hear Brian's short breaths and he recognized the increased heaviness of Brian's cock in hand.   "Love you," he whispered and felt Brian come all over his hand.  He pulled Brian's shorts down and licked him clean, tucking him back inside the shorts when he finished. 

 

"Brian?"

 

There was no response.  Justin thought he needed more ammunition.  "Please.  Don't you want to know how to take care of our baby?  You don't want to rely on Debbie or my mom for advice."

 

Brian stepped away and shook his head at that image.  "Five blow jobs and 3 rim jobs - time of my choosing and you can't refuse," he said as he bargained with his partner.

 

"You'll come.  That's wonderful.  You won't regret it.  I learned so much today. Did you know..."

 

"Stop.  I don't need a biology lesson and I already told you, visions of Cynthia's twat make me gag.  You play very dirty, Sunshine.  Bringing Debbie and Mother Taylor into the conversation was not nice."  Brian leaned over and kissed Justin.  "Now let's get clean.  I promised Mikey we'd come to Woody's for a few hours.

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

comments welcome