- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A little babymoon for the couple before parenthood hits.

 

They made it to their plane on time, although there were moments that Justin wasn't really sure that would happen.  They were enjoying each other's company a lot but he really wanted to get away for a few days with Brian and was happy to be sitting on the plane for a short trip to New York.

 

"Ladies and gentleman, please fasten your seatbelts and put your tray tops in the upright position.  We are approaching LaGuardia airport. The temperature is a mild 55 degrees.  We hope your stay in New York will be a pleasant one and thank you for flying Liberty Air."

 

Justin looked at his partner and smiled.  "Let's go eat at that little diner by the Ritz.   I'm going to need fortification for our weekend."

 

Brian laughed and tapped his finger on Justin's stomach.  "Yep, there really is a beast in there and I think we missed dinner.  So sure, we'll go to the diner.  If we feed you now, maybe we can sleep in tomorrow morning."

 

They grabbed their small suitcases from the overhead compartment of the plane and walked into the airport.  Brian eyed the men's room and Justin shook his head, no.

 

"Not going there. We have a perfectly good room at the Ritz and I'm hungry.  As you said, we didn't eat dinner."

 

Brian grinned and said, "I wasn't really serious.  Just wanted to pull your chain."

 

They took a taxi to the Ritz where they checked in and walked to their room.  Of course, the bellhop took their small suitcases since they were checked in to the Penthouse suite.  Justin placed his suitcase on the luggage rack and looked around the room, nodding in approval.  He barely waited for Brian to place his bag on the other luggage rack before he was walking to the door.

 

"The bed is calling us; don't you think?"  Brian asked as he eyed the bed and the champagne in the ice bucket chilling on the nightstand.

 

"No.  I think my "beast" is speaking louder.  The sooner you feed me the quicker you and I can enjoy the hot tub."  Justin turned the door handle to exit the room, not looking back to see if Brian was following.

 

They waited by the elevator for only a few moments and the familiar ding announced its arrival. Riding it down to the street level, they walked the short block to the familiar diner where they were seated quickly.

 

Justin picked up the menu and his stomach growled loudly and he sheepishly grinned.  "The beast has spoken.  What are you going to have?"

 

"Egg white omelet and wheat toast," Brian said.

 

"Really?  We're on vacation. Splurge."

 

"We may be on vacation, but I ordered us some strawberries, whipped cream and vanilla ice cream that will be waiting when we return from this little side trip of yours.  I plan on indulging in my dessert."  Brian eyed Justin from head to toe as he sat across from him in the diner.

 

Justin felt his pants get a little tight and he swallowed hard.  "You didn't say anything," he said a little accusatory. 

 

"Anticipation is always a good motivator to get your beast fed.  Now order and eat a lot, I intend to enjoy my dessert and a growl from that stomach of yours will definitely put a damper on my enjoyment."

 

Justin ordered pancakes, eggs and hash browns and thoroughly enjoyed his late night meal.  When he finished, he wiped his mouth and drank the rest of his Coke.  "Finished.  Beast is fed.  I think it's time for dessert."

 

Brian signaled the waitress for the check and they walked back to the hotel.

 

As they entered the lobby, Justin looked around and was slightly amazed that they weren't the only patrons in the area.  "I don't think I thanked you for this little surprise trip.   I love you."  He leaned over kissed Brian on the lips. 

 

Brian couldn't wait to bury his 9" cock deep inside Justin, hearing his cries of 'more', 'deeper', and 'now'; therefore, he hurried them toward the elevator rather than making small talk with his husband.  Swiping the key card on the door lock, he pulled Justin inside the room and began undressing him as soon as he heard the familiar click signaling the door was closed.

 

Justin undid his pants and stepped out of them as Brian pulled his shirt over his head.  They participated in a wonderfully orchestrated dance; one that they had enjoyed too many times to count.  Even though they had made love twice before they left Pittsburgh, an onlooker would think they were recently reunited lovers who hadn't seen each other in months.  Slowing down after their clothing was discarded, they made love several times before falling asleep.  

 

As promised they slept in the next morning and enjoyed a leisurely brunch then hit the streets for shopping.  Stopping at the clothier they ordered Brian's new suit and Justin was persuaded to buy a new pair of tailored pants.  Justin hated suits and had little use for them. Even at openings, he wore pants and a buttoned down shirt, almost never donning a coat and tie.  He was fond of telling Brian that coats and ties were for funerals and since he only dressed up for openings, he did not need either the coat or tie.

 

After leaving the clothier, they made their way down the street and stopped in a few shops for Brian to purchase some new shirts and ties.  "I need to look sharp at work.  Wouldn't do for my client's to think I shopped at JOS A Banks; they need to see I'm successful."

 

Justin just smiled and indulged his partner.  He'd learned early on that some things were sacrosanct in Brian's world and dressing like a million dollars was definitely high on the list.  

 

 "Are our tickets for tonight?" Justin asked as they sat in the hotel lobby enjoying a drink.

 

"Yes.  I wanted to be sure we would be able to see the show.  It has great reviews and the star is supposed to be some hot young blonde former TV actor who is now playing Broadway."

 

"I read about him in the Arts and Entertainment section of the paper a month or so ago.  I'm glad we're getting to see the show. Where do you want to eat dinner? 

 

"Maria Pia's.  I booked us a reservation for 5:30."  Brian looked at his clock on the wall to see the time.  We have time to shower and dress before we leave."

 

Justin eyed the clock on the wall, seeing that it was already 4:00 and did a little math in his head.  "That does not include time for us to share the shower," Justin said with a gleam in his eye.  "I want to make curtain and I know us....  Sharing a shower would jeopardize..."

 

"You're no fun," Brian teased but he didn't push Justin.  He knew that Justin was just being honest. "Finish your drink and we'll head upstairs. I'm thinking you should wear that pale blue shirt you bought last week."

 

"Deal.  Do I get to choose what you're wearing?  I'm thinking the black Armani pants with your burgundy Dolce and Gabana shirt.  You look hot in that shirt." Justin finished the last of his drink and smiled at Brian. Standing up, he turned toward the lobby, "Are you coming?"

 

"Sure.  I'll have the bill added to our tab and I'll be right up."  Brian watched as his partner walked out and he went to talk to the Concierge about his next surprise. 

 

They attended the play and both were thrilled with the music, enjoying watching the lead actor, Randy Harrison. As the house lights came up for the intermission, Justin said, "He's so talented.  I wish I could sing like that," the longing evident in his voice.

 

"Everyone has a talent; yours is painting.  I'm glad you paint.  I wouldn't want to share you with a hundred audiences and have you bombarded by numerous fans.  A gallery opening a few times a year is enough for me."

 

Justin looked at Brian with immense love in his eyes.  "Really?"

 

"Of course.   And there is the baby to consider.   Our child needs both of us around, not gallivanting around the country.  I know we will be away sometimes for work or shows, but at the end of the day we will be together as a family," Brian said, a genuine smile on his face.  While this trip was a last vacation before their lives changed, he was ready for the change and to begin a family.

 

"I can't wait for the baby to arrive.  I know it will turn our world upside down, but I think we will be a great family.  I was worried you were having second thoughts."  Justin admitted to his partner.

 

Brian leaned over and kissed Justin on the cheek.  "I don't do regrets, but I'm sure about this decision.  It was right for us.  We didn't go into this blindly. And while there are some members of our "family" that aren't convinced, I am 100% sure this is what I want." 

 

Justin kissed Brian and warmth spread over his body as he looked at Brian.  The lights went down and the second act begun.  They were quiet as they watched the play, both mesmerized by the music.  When the lights went up they were both singing quietly.  

 

"That was awesome.  Thank you so much.   It's been a wonderful day."

 

"I think we should go back to the hotel.  I'll get us a cab."

 

They grabbed a cab and returned to the Ritz where they enjoyed another evening of passion.  In the morning there was a knock on the door. 

 

"I'll get it," Brian said as he went to tip the bellhop who was bringing them their breakfast.  He'd ordered a special breakfast for them and asked it to be delivered at 9:00.  It was just after 9:00 and he was expecting the delivery. He tipped the man and wheeled the cart into the living area of the suite.  "Justin, breakfast is here."

 

Justin came out of the room, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with one hand as he grabbed the robe tie with the other.  Tying the robe around his waist, he eyed the food spread out on the cart.  "This looks delicious."  His stomach growled in agreement.

 

"The beast has spoken.   I'll pour us some coffee while you dole out the food."  Brian turned the coffee cups over and poured them two cups of coffee.  He placed his requisite three sugars and two creams in his and watched as Justin poured a generous helping of cream into his cup, making the black liquid turn a pale shade of brown.  "A little coffee with your creamer?" Brian teased but smelled his own cup and took a large drink.  "Mmm, they make a good cup of coffee too."

 

They ate breakfast, Brian indulged; enjoying pancakes with his eggs while Justin had a little eggs, sausage, pancakes, and toast.  They chatted again about the play from the night before.

 

"Randy Harrison is really a talented man.  I read he has been doing theatre for over 10 years.  Thank you again for getting tickets to the show."

 

"I asked Carol for some recommendations and she suggested this one.   I guess your agent is good for something other than selling your work."

 

"Speaking of work, do you think we could go to Central Park.  I'm really wanting to do some sketches and I think it's a perfect time of year for the park."

 

"I figured as much; that's why we brought your pencils and sketch pad. I want to go by the pond.  I think it is fitting that I sketch us there."

 

"Yes.  I like that idea.  We were married there three years ago and now we are starting our family.  Someday you can show our child where it all began," the sarcasm showing through.

 

Justin laughed a loud raucous laugh.  "Where did Brian Kinney go and he better be returned as soon as possible."

 

Brian laughed too.  "I was being facetious.  That statement sounds like something Mel and Linds would say to their unborn child. I'm not some sentimental twat but the lake was special.  We went through hell to reach that point.  After the accident, when ...."  Brian didn't continue, no explanation was needed.   They both remembered the accident and its effect on their relationship.  Fate had been cruel, allowing him to finally realize that he wanted a relationship with Justin only to have his memory scrambled by a fucking accident.  But they had persevered and Justin had regained his memories.  They'd also begun to talk about many issues that had been taboo in the past.  The hospital, the money, a lot of things. 

 

"I think it's time for my morning blow job and shower," Brian smiled as he rolled the cart toward the door.

 

"I like the way you think.   I'll go start the water."

 

After mutual blow jobs in the shower and a fuck, they readied themselves for the day. Justin grabbed his art supplies and Brian grabbed a book.  They took a cab to the park.  Brian and Justin walked in the park toward the small lake where they exchanged vows. 

 

"I'm so happy that you decided to plan this trip.  We've both been so busy."

 

"Your welcome.  Why don't you draw for a while?  I've got a book to read and before you say anything, yes I do read books and it's not even porn.  I'll be sitting against that tree."

 

Justin took his supplies and found a place in the shade of another tree and sat down to sketch.   They stayed for several hours; Brian occasionally putting down his book and just watching Justin, his pencil to the paper, his eyes and mouth in concentration.   When Justin started massaging his hand and shaking it out, Brian knew it was time to leave.  Placing the book in his back pocket, he walked over to Justin.

 

"Done?"

 

"Yeah... Damn Hobbs, he..."  Justin started to say, but Brian put his finger to Justin's lips, in essence stopping the words from coming out.

 

"I know.  Let's walk and you can tell me about the drawings.  Maybe we'll come back this afternoon."

 

Justin placed his supplies in his backpack and took Brian's book from the back pocket and added it to the pack.  They walked for a while in companionable silence.

 

"I love this park.  It has so many memories."

 

"I know.  Tell me about your drawings," Brian repeated.

 

Justin explained about the latest drawings and a new idea for some paintings he wanted to complete.  Justin was very animated when he talked about his work and Brian massaged his hand as they walked.  Brian's solicitations were appreciated, but Justin knew enough not to say anything.  Partners did things for each other and the two of them were partners in life.

 

He thought about their life together, all the way back to the beginning when Brian picked him up on Liberty Avenue.  They had gone through so much heartache through the years.  A few years ago, he was in New York trying to pay his bills and paint and got hit by a damn cab.  The resulting amnesia brought them closer together; Brian sharing details about his feelings during their tumultuous relationship.   He sometimes wondered if there were areas that Brian and he had not explored, but he accepted that if any came up, he would be able to ask Brian about them and he would be truthful in sharing his feelings.   They had lived through "the stalker" and the many conversations with Daphne during that time helped him explore his desire to be a father.   Brian and he had discussed the choice to become parents and now they were about to have a child.  He'd never been so sure of Brian's love and the rightness of their decision and was anxious for their child to be born.

 

"I'm glad we came.   Thank you."

 

"Speaking of coming, I think something might have come up during our little foray into the park and I suggest we return to the Ritz to take care of the problem,"  Brian said, tongue in cheek.

 

 "Oh,  I think we should definitely return to the Ritz to take care of your problem.  I seem to have a similar one.  Maybe we can take care of each other?"  Justin smiled and laughed a little at their use of euphemisms.  Sex was sex but he knew that they were going to make love and he always jumped at that opportunity.

 

They reached the hotel and quickly made it to their room where they undressed each other slowly and were making it to the bed when the phone rang.   Looking at each other, they both stopped short and reached for their phone, trying to determine whose was ringing.

 

Justin found his phone first, picked it up and saw there was a missed call.  Brian hit the answer key on his phone.

 

"...It's time."

 

"We'll be there soon.  Meet you at the hospital?"

 

"Not yet.  Just call when you land,"  Cynthia said calmly.  "I just started labor; it will most likely be a long time before I go to the hospital."

 

Justin had already begun dressing by the time Brian got off the phone.   "I'm so excited.  Do you need to call the airlines?"

 

"No.  Cynthia called your mom and she has already booked us on the next flight. I'll call down and get us checked out and get a cab."

 

Justin finished packing and took a picture of the room with his phone.   Brian looked at him a little quizzically as he finished buttoning his shirt.

 

"I want to be able to show our baby where we were when Cynthia went into labor."

 

"Lesbian twat."

 

"Sue me."

 

Brian grinned and quickly kissed Justin.  Grabbing his luggage, he motioned for the door.  "Our child awaits."

 

 

 

  TBC

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

comments welcome