- Text Size +

Colin  9 months

 

 

 

Gus had been living with Justin and Brian for several weeks.  It had been a time of adjustment for everyone, but it seemed to be going well.  Neither Lindsay nor Mel had mentioned Gus coming home or appeared to feel that the living situation was a temporary one.  Gus and his fathers had been busy building his Star Wars city and the city was frequently a topic of discussion at dinner and free time. 

 

Brian and Justin were lying in bed on Thursday evening after enjoying mutual blow jobs.  It had been a very long day; both men having unexpected late afternoon meetings. They had to call Chloe to stay later and feed Gus as well as give him his bath.  They hated that they missed their evening with him, but knew that sometimes it was inevitable.  It was just unfortunate that both of them were busy on the same night.

 

"I hated not spending time with Gus tonight," Justin said as he lay on Brian's chest.  He lazily circled his finger around his nipple, enjoying his husband's body, but not trying to start another round of sex.  "And even one night of not spending time with Colin seems to be too much.  He is growing and changing so fast.  Every day he can do more things.  Just the other day..."

 

"Justin I get it.  I see him every day too.  You don't have to extol our son's daily feats to me and Gus.  I really want him to see at least one of us.  I think he believes us when we say that we want him here and that he is important, but when neither of us make it home..."

 

"Yeah, I know.  Maybe we should discuss our calendars with each other.  I can usually schedule my meetings on a different day.  It's not like I'm trying to convince the gallery owners to show my work; more like the other way around.  They are trying to convince me to let them show my work.  I can make appointments when I choose."

 

"That's an idea. Why don't you call Cynthia and figure something out.  It might not always work, but it might help us avoid another night like tonight."  Brian kissed Justin on the top of his head and ran his hand up and down his back. 

 

"Speaking of Gus and security, I was thinking of Debbie's Sunday dinner," Justin said as he moved his finger away from Brian's nipple and just caressed his chest as he continued to lay on top of his husband.

 

"What about Sunday dinner?" Brian asked, already knowing what Justin was going to say.

 

"We should go," Justin said.  He knew Brian understood the nuances involving the "family" dinner and didn't want to harp on the subject.

 

"We should talk to Gus first," Brian said.

 

Justin bent his head down, giving his husband a soft kiss on the lips.  "There are so many scenarios that could occur and I've thought of all of them.  It's been several weeks and the girls haven't said a word about him living here.  I really wonder what is going through their heads."

 

"I know every time he would leave after visiting, I would miss him.  I can't wrap my head around their behavior.  They haven't even called or asked about him.  It's like he just isn't on their radar."  Brian flipped Justin off of him and lay down next to him, taking his finger and swirling it on his nipple.  "You think we could get lucky and they will not mention anything?"  Brian asked, wishing that his life could be that easy.  Brian trailed his finger up and down Justin's side, enjoying the smooth flesh.

 

"I wish...  Seriously, we have to have a game plan.  What are we going do if they push Gus to go with them?  We've managed to keep him out of their presence but the minute we show up to Sunday dinner, everyone is going to know that he's living with us." 

 

Brian moved his fingers down to Justin's cock, lazily stroking it. "That is why we have to talk to Gus.  I don't want to keep him from seeing his moms, but I don't want him to feel that he has to be with them either."

 

Justin pushed himself closer to Brian, enjoying the feel of Brian's hand around his cock as he started to stroke his erection.  "Come to think of it, Gus hasn't asked about seeing his moms.  I wonder what is going through his head?"

 

"That is why I said we need to talk to Gus.  Now, enough about the lezzies; its making my dick soft and yours seems to be rather excited at the moment.  I say we give your cock some relief and then we go to bed.  Colin doesn't always sleep through the night and Chloe said he went down pretty early. "

 

"Sounds like a plan," Justin agreed as he grabbed the lube they kept in the bedside table.  He got up on his knees, flipped the top and squirted some on his fingers, then pressed them into his tight hole. 

 

"You look so hot doing that; preparing yourself for me," Brian said.  He leaned over and kissed Justin hard on his mouth as he rubbed their cocks together.  He never tired of seeing Justin ready himself.  It amazed him that after being with him exclusively for over 5 years and having sex with him for over 10 years, he still found their sex life exciting.  He would have never believed anyone who told him that sex would not turn into a boring event after a few fucks with the same guy.  He should have known Justin was different from the very beginning, when sex was never boring and he couldn't keep his cock out of his bubble butt.

 

"Love you," Justin said as he pushed Brian down to lie on the bed so he could slide his cock deep inside him. He never tired of making love with his husband.  Unlike Brian who was amazed that they were still together and enjoying sex, Justin knew that once Brian got over his commitment phobia, they would still be hot in bed. 

 

Soon their thoughts were solely on the intimate joining of their two bodies.  Gus, Colin, the girls, the family; all were forgotten as their bodies moved to the ancient rhythm that no one had to teach them.  Their love flowing through their mouths as they kissed and their hands as they entwined each other's fingers.  Both men wished the ecstasy could last longer as the high was reached too soon.  Justin felt the familiar tingle in his back signaling his imminent orgasm.  Brian untwined their hands, grabbing Justin by the hips as he moved his husband's body, bringing his body to orgasm much too soon for his liking.

 

As he came, he pulled Justin down, kissing his mouth hard and enjoying the spasms of Justin's cock as he too orgasmed. 

 

"Love you, Sunshine," Brian said as they both allowed their breathing to return to normal.

 

Justin got off and retrieved the cloth they placed by the bed each night.  They had found it easier to keep one there than to get up several times to clean each other.  He wiped both of them and put the cloth on the towel on the floor.  He lay on the bed and turned to kiss Brian one last time. 

 

"I guess we better get some sleep.  Tomorrow is Friday and Gus still has school.  I remember you said you had a meeting in the morning so I will have to get up and take him to school." Justin turned on his side and Brian wrapped his arm around his waist, gently kissing him on the neck before telling him good night.

 

The next night they both made it a point to be home in time to eat dinner with Gus. Gus was setting the table and Justin was getting the food out of the oven.  Chloe placed Colin in his highchair and put on his bib. 

 

"It's Friday.  Why don't you start the weekend early, Chloe.  Brian and I will handle it," Justin said as he got the plates and bowls from the cabinet.

 

"You sure?  I can stay till 7:00 like normal.  I haven't finished the laundry yet," Chloe said as she walked toward the laundry room.

 

"Move the last load into the dryer, just in case we forget and then you can call it a day.  It's been a long day and you stayed over yesterday."

 

"Justin, I knew that there would be days where I would have to stay over.  You guys explained that in the beginning.  It's not a big deal.  I love taking care of Gus and Colin."

 

"Just take care of the laundry," Brian said as he walked into the kitchen, having heard the discussion from the back of the house as he walked in from the garage. 

 

"Okay," Chloe said and went into the laundry room to move the last load of laundry before retiring to her nanny suite.  She really didn't mind taking care of Gus and Colin but she wasn't going to be told a third time to move the laundry.  It was a demanding job, but she loved this little family and was happy to help them.

 

Brian smiled as he looked at his family and went to kiss Colin on the head and ruffle Gus' hair.  "Hey, Sonny Boy, why don't you get the silverware and the napkins out.  I hear Justin's beast all the way over here by the door."

 

"Daddy, Justin doesn't have a beast in there.  He just has a high metabolism," Gus said as he laughed at his father's antics. 

 

Justin prepared Colin's plate and placed in on the tray.  He scooped up a bite of mashed potatoes and fed it to him. Colin took his fingers and put them in the mashed potatoes and then in his mouth. Liking what he tasted, he did it again.  Justin had placed a half a mashed banana there as well and he ate that too.   Justin had taken the chicken and cut in tiny pieces and Colin tentatively put one in his mouth.  Colin was well on the way to feeding himself.

 

"I'm glad you feed him.  I don't think I could stomach my food if I had to watch him play with his," Brian said.  He turned toward Gus so he would not have to look at the mess his other son was making with his meal. 

 

Justin ignored Brian and his need for cleanliness and continued talking to Colin about his meal, telling him all about the different foods and where they came from. 

 

"I can't believe you are telling our son that the potatoes grow in the ground and the banana comes from a special tree.  I see that you have not stopped sharing your PSA's with a 9 month old," Brian remarked as he heard Justin drone on about the fact he was eating antibiotic free chicken.

 

"Gus, how was your day?" Brian asked.

 

"Good.  We got extra recess because everybody passed the math test.  Justin's idea of checking my work is really helping."

 

"Justin is really smart," Brian said, smiling at his son.

 

"You're smart too, Daddy."

 

"Daddy Justin and I were talking last night about Grandma Debbie's Sunday dinner. We thought we might try going this week."

 

"Will Mom and Momma be there?" Gus asked.  He took a bite of his chicken and played with his mashed potatoes, averting his eyes from Brian.

 

"Probably.  Does that bother you?"

 

"Well...  Umm...  I"

 

"Gus, you can say anything you want.  We won't get mad or upset," Brian assured him. He took a bite of the chicken and tasted the mixture of honey and garlic sauce that Justin raved about.

 

"I want to see them, but I don't.  I miss them, but I'm not sure they miss me."  Gus ate another bite of his potatoes and swallowed before voicing more of his concerns. "I don't want to go live with them, Daddy.  What happens if they want me to go home with them." Gus' tears started forming and he wiped at them. 

 

"Of course, they want to see you, Gus," Justin said as he walked to the sink to grab a wet cloth to wipe off Colin's face and hands.

 

"Then why haven't they called or come by?  It's like they forgot all about me.  I guess they like it better since they don't have to argue about who's turn it is to pick me up," Gus said quietly.

 

Justin returned to the table, cleaning off Colin and then got him out of this high chair.  He sat him on his lap as he wanted to be a part of the conversation. "No one has forgotten you, Gus.  I'm sure your moms are just busy," Justin said, hating that he had to lie to his son about his selfish mothers. 

 

"I don't know if I want to go Sunday.  What if they argue with you and Dad and want me to come home with them.  I like it here and I would miss Colin and you and Daddy," Gus said as his voiced cracked with emotion.  "I miss Grandma Debbie and Auntie Em.  He always makes me laugh."

 

"You won't have to go home with them, Gus," Brian said, trying to reassure his son. His son's words resulted in a physical hurt in the pit of his stomach and he couldn't imagine what Gus' stomach must me like to share these thoughts with them.  All he wanted to do was to gather his son and make all the hurt go away.  He damned Lindsay for still managing to hurt his son even when she hadn't seen him in almost a month.

 

"Are you sure?  I heard you talking to Daddy Justin when you told him that Momma Mel might argue with you."

 

Both men looked at each other, their eyes communicating volumes without a spoken word.  Each man nodded his head in acknowledgement of the silent agreement to each other and to their son. 

 

"That was grown up talk, Gus, but I promise you will go home Sunday night with me and Daddy Justin. 

 

"Brian...."

 

Brian looked at Justin and smiled a small grin.  "He will go home with us, Justin.  Those papers in my study will insure that."

 

Justin understood Brian's thinking and was not going to push his partner, especially in front of Gus. He didn't want to worry their son and Sunday was a long way away.   He would insure that the four of them did a lot of fun things, keeping Gus' thoughts away from the dinner Sunday night.

 

They finished dinner and Gus helped clean the table while Justin went upstairs to get a clean set of clothes and a new diaper for Colin.  They played in the play room that evening where Colin practiced his new skill of standing and babbling.   Gus built block towers with Colin's blocks which Colin promptly knocked down, laughing as he did so.  Gus enjoyed the interaction and laughed along with his little brother.

 

"See, daddy, Colin can already play with me.  Soon he can help me build Star Wars city."

 

"I like the way you play with Colin, but it will be a bit before he can play with your city, buddy. The pieces are too little for him and he could choke," Justin said.  Seeing Gus' face he added, "But you guys could play cars together in a few months.  You would have to use your really big cars, the ones that didn't have separate parts, but that would be pretty safe."

 

"Okay," Gus said as he mentally inventoried his cars in his head.  He knew he would be able to play with his brother for a long time.  "I'm a good big brother and I want him safe.  Maybe you could pick out some new cars for me to play with him," Gus said, hoping to get some new vehicles for his collection. 

 

Brian smiled at Gus's remark, clearly seeing his son's ulterior motive, but appreciating the sentiment.  "We'll see," he said in response and waited for his son's disappointment to show on his face, but was surprised when Gus did not respond.  He realized that "we'll see" had become synonymous with, yes in Gus' book.   Oh well, a few cars aren't going to make a difference in his toy box.

 

Soon it was time for bed for Colin and the three of them got him ready; Gus fed him, Brian changed him and Justin rocked him and sang him a song.  They kissed him, placed him in his crib and gently closed the door to his nursery.  As they walked down the stairs, Gus asked if they could watch a movie.  They agreed and watched Jumanji.  When it was over Gus got ready for bed, read his book for a bit and they said good night to him.

 

The weekend was filled with plenty of down time for family activities, but they also did some work projects as well.  Gus had art class and homework while the family grocery shopped and did laundry.  Brian did a little work for Kinnetik as he had a campaign he needed to finish before Tuesday and Justin sketched a few ideas for his new series.    Sunday afternoon, Brian and Justin were sitting in the media room with Gus playing a video game while Colin slept. Gus had just beat Brian for a third time and was very pleased with his performance.

 

"When do we have to go to Grandma's?" Gus asked.  His voice was quiet and they could hear the reservations he had aired earlier.

 

Brian motioned for him to sit next to him, patting the space and opening his arms.  Gus eagerly moved to sit with his father, this being one of his most favorite places.  He felt secure and loved when he sat in the special place right under their arm, but since his father was not quite as demonstrative as Daddy Justin, it was always special when he was invited there.

 

"You still worried about today?"

 

"I'm sorry.  I'm being a baby.  I know you told me that mom and momma can't make me go with them, but..."

 

"You're not a baby.  I'm glad that you feel confident enough that you can tell us these things.  You are safe with us and you will come home tonight with us.  I promise.  If your moms have not asked you to come home for the last few weeks, they aren't going to have you do it now. Even if they tell you to get in their car, you do not have to do this."

 

"You promise? You get in our car." Brian said, attempting to make his son understand.

 

"I promise.  I love you, Daddy."  Gus took his arms and wrapped them around Brian's neck, kissing him several times on the cheek.

 

"I love you too, Sonny boy.  Now, didn't you say that you had a math test tomorrow?  Why don't you practice your math problems until Colin wakes up?  When he wakes up, we'll go to Grandma Debbie's."

 

Gus kissed his father again and dutifully went upstairs to get his math book and practice his problems.

 

"You handled that really well, Brian.  Are you sure about the girls?  I mean I can see them insisting that Gus go home with them, pulling the mother card.  I don't want Gus to think we lied to him."  Justin walked from the chair to the couch, sitting next to Brian and reaching for his hand, squeezing it tight.

 

"I did not lie to my son.  Those papers in my office protect us and if the munchers challenge us, I have already put a call into my lawyer who will have the police there to back us up.  They are not taking my son home tonight.  They may challenge us in court, but tonight he comes home with us." Brian leaned over and kissed Justin on the mouth, but before they could get deeper into the kiss, they heard a loud cry from the nursery, signaling that Colin had woken from his nap.

 

"I'll get him," Justin said as he started to get up.

 

"Okay and I'll get my copy of the custody papers....just in case."

 

Soon the four Kinney-Taylors were off to the family Sunday dinner.  As always, they walked in without knocking.  Sunday dinner was a tradition and all were always welcome.  Debbie turned around at the sound of the door opening and got up quickly to grab Colin.

 

"And look at you.  You've grown so much since your daddies brought you over to see your Grandma Debbie," she said, the unsubtle hint that Brian and Justin had not been to dinner in way too long.  Turning to Gus, she said to him, " I bet you help your daddies a lot with this little guy."

 

Gus beamed at the compliment.  "I do, Grandma Debbie.  I feed him and I sing to him and we play blocks together. Daddy Justin said that soon I can play cars with him but I will have to get new cars since he can swallow the little parts from my other cars.  He's starting to crawl and I will have to close my door so he can't get in to my room."

 

"You'll have to be careful to close the door when you're not there.  Soon he'll be walking everywhere."

 

"Ms. Chloe is always watching him and she wouldn't let him in my room."

 

"Ok," Debbie filed that information away and took the baby to the living room.  Justin asked Gus to get the blanket for Colin and a few of his toys which Gus dutifully did.  Gus got on the floor and started playing with the baby.  Debbie watched as Gus pulled out a toy and talked to Colin in a very familiar tone. 

 

"Gus, you sure play really well with your brother, Colin.  I bet your dads are really proud of you," Debbie remarked, trying to confirm her suspicions.

 

"I love my brother, Grandma.  Daddy said when I get older we can play even more together, but right now I have to be gentle.  Daddy Justin paints with me and lets me do stuff with him in his studio and I can't wait till Colin is old enough to join us.  Daddy says he's always proud of me.  I love my daddies."

 

The door opened again and in walked Emmett and Drew, carrying a big shopping bag filled with food.  "Debbie, they were out of the coconut flakes that you use, so I brought the ingredients for that scrumptuous chocolate cake.  I'll just get started and then it will be ready for dessert."

 

Gus looked up and saw Emmett and Drew enter the house.  He loved his Auntie Em and got up to give the man a big hug.  "Auntie Em, Auntie Em , are you going make that yummy chocolate cake with the dark, dark chocolate flakes on top?"

 

Emmett squatted down to look Gus in the eye and said, "Why, yes I am.  Would you like to help?"

 

"Daddy, can I help Auntie Em make the yummy chocolate cake?  You know the one with pieces of chocolate flakes on top.  It's my favorite favoritist cake."

 

"Sure, son.  Just listen to Emmett and do what he says.  Try not to make a mess of Grandma's kitchen like you and Daddy do when you help him cook dinner."

 

Gus laughed at his father's remarks, knowing how neat his father liked things.  Daddy Justin had told him many times that his dad was a neat freak and didn't like anything out of place.  He had learned to put away his toys very early after moving in with his fathers.  "I will, Daddy.  Thank you.  Daddy Justin, can you watch Colin while I help Auntie Emm.  I don't want Colin to be alone."

 

Justin had already moved down to be with his son and said, "Go help Emmett make chocolate cake.  Maybe you can talk him into giving you an extra piece since you helped cook it."

 

"Daddy," Gus rolled his eyes and went to the kitchen to help Emmett.

 

Drew sat down on the couch, joining Carl in watching the basketball game on tv.

 

The door opened again and Mike, Ben and Hunter came in, followed closely by Mel, Lindsay and J.R.  J.R. gravitated toward Colin and sat down to play with his toys. 

 

"Everybody is here, today.  It's so nice for all the family to be together.  The last few weeks it's just been Mike and Ben or Ted and Blake."

 

"Where are Ted and Blake, Ma?" Michael asked.

 

"They are on their way.  They saw a matinee of some Opera.  I'm sure Ted told me what it was, but I didn't pay attention.  I'm just happy that all by family is here.  Dinner should be ready any time.  By the time Gus and Emmett finish their cake, the Putenesca should be done."

 

"Gus is in the kitchen?  I want to say hi to him," Lindsay got up and went to the kitchen.

 

Gus was helping stir the batter and didn't look up when Lindsay entered into the room.

 

"Gussy," she said and went to hug him.  He stopped stirring and moved closer to Emmett.

 

"Don't call me Gussy.  I'm not a baby," Gus said as he pulled away from her attempt at kissing him.

 

"Okay."  Lindsay backed out of the kitchen, plastering a smile on her face.  "They should be done in a few minutes.  Why don't we sit down?  I'll help you serve the food, Debbie."

 

Everybody went to the table, claiming their chairs when Ted and Blake walked in the door.

 

"Just in time, Ted.  I told you we wouldn't be late," Blake said as he pulled out a chair at the full table.

 

Lindsay followed Debbie into the kitchen as Gus and Emmett were putting the cake in the oven. "Lordy, you have enough food to feed an army, Deb.  Good thing everybody showed up today.  I'm sure Justin will help you eat it," Emmett said as he high fived Gus.  "Come on, Gus.  Let's go find your dads and brother."

 

"Dad, Auntie Em and I made a yummy chocolate cake.  It's going to be stupendous.  Ask Auntie Em.  You have to eat some."

 

The mention of chocolate cake made Brian cringe but he knew he would eat at least a small sliver, just to make Gus happy.  He'd do anything to make Gus happy.

 

Everyone gathered around the table and passed the food around.  Soon everyone's plate was filled with generous helpings of Putanesca, garlic bread and salad.  Brian had more salad than anything else, but he always took a little pasta.   Since Debbie did not have a high chair, he held Colin on his lap and gave the young child small pieces of noodles.  They brought a special plastic bowl for him and he recognized that as his.  Brian carefully placed a few bites at a time on the plate and Colin was happy.  Brian was happy to be involved with this process as he didn't have to actually watch Colin eat. 

 

"He's a really good eater," Lindsay said as she watched Colin eat another bite of noodle.  "I don't remember Gus being that way.  Meal times were always so stressful, trying to find something he would eat."

 

"If you fed him real food instead of that vegan tofu crap, I bet he would have eaten.  He eats just fine at our house," Brian said in response.  He never held back his opinion of the women's choice of food, frequently choosing to eat before any meal that he agreed to attend at their home. 

 

"How's soccer Gus?" Ted asked, trying to deflect the tension between Brian and Lindsay.

 

"Soccer is over, but it was a great season.  I can't wait to start indoor soccer in the fall.  I miss it. Dad said that I was getting really good and I'm going to soccer camp this summer."

 

"And who do you think is going to pay for this soccer camp, young man?  We have a lot of expenses and soccer camp is a luxury," Melanie says.  Everyone at the table looked at her, shocked at her tone.

 

Gus started to answer, but Justin put his hand on Gus' thigh under the table, squeezing it gently.  Gus turned his head toward his Daddy Justin and Justin smiled at him, reassuring him that he did not need to respond.  Gus ignored the question and turned his head toward J.R. to see if she was enjoying the garlic bread since he knew that was her favorite thing at Grandma's.

 

"I don't think you can go to soccer camp.  I remember it cost over $1,000 for a week and I, for one, am not going to put that kind of money out for you to play soccer.  You can attend regular camp or go the sitter with J.R. which is even cheaper."

 

Justin had finished eating his dinner and wanted to get Gus away from this potential minefield, he tapped the young man on the shoulder and asked, "You done, buddy?"

 

Gus nodded his head in agreement, feeling more uncomfortable as his Momma was questioning his summer activities. Justin pulled his seat away from the table and helped Gus extricate himself from the table as well. 

 

"We'll be out back, practicing Gus' soccer skills," Justin said and he led the little boy outside.

 

Justin went to the car to grab the soccer ball they kept in the trunk.  They'd started to keep a ball there so a quick jaunt to the park was always an option.  They had used the ball numerous times since Gus had come to live with them.  While Debbie's back yard wasn't very big and Justin was not adept at soccer, they kicked the ball around and Gus practiced his drills. 

 

"Soccer camp is expensive Brian.  You shouldn't tell him he can go to such things when you know we can't afford it," Lindsay said as she picked up the conversation once Gus was out of ear shot.

 

"It's my money and since when do you have a say so in what I spend my money on."

 

"Gus is our son.  We have a say so in what he does and I don't think expensive soccer camp is something he should be doing. In fact, camp is very expensive.  He probably will just go the sitter with J.R."  Lindsay smiled and spoke to the group as if she was the definitive decision maker in this area.

 

"Seems to me that since you haven't had any interaction with Gus in almost a month, I don't think you really have a say in the matter," Brian said, the thinly veiled accusation catching all the "family" off guard.

 

"He's my son.  You have no rights to him," Lindsay looked at the people around the table trying to judge who might be on her side. "You aren't there to tuck him in at night and take him to school and to buy him clothes and to go to teacher's meetings.  How dare you?"

 

"Really, Lindsay.  Seems to me that you've been too busy with your job and other commitments to be bothered by Gus.  He's been living with us for the last month and this is the first time you've even said hello.  Justin and I have been doing all those things and more for him.  He comes home from school and there is always an adult there for him; something he did not have at your place.  Although I can't figure out why he needed to take care of himself and Jenny as I gave you plenty of money to hire a sitter or at least put him a program after school."  Brian hadn't planned on throwing the kitchen sink at Lindsay but her audacity at providing the laundry list of "things" she was doing for Gus made him incredibly angry and he let her know.  "And really, tucking him in at night, fixing his food, taking him to school and buying him clothes does not constitute raising a child.  Spending time with them and teaching them about the world, that's what parenting is about.  Gus loves talking to Colin about the world.  I venture to say he probably spent more quality time with his brother since he was born than you have spent with him in the last six months."   Colin could feel his father's tension and heard the anger in his voice.  He started to cry.

 

"I don't think you really do have a say in the matter since he's been living with Justin and me. I have a son who needs me and unlike you, I'm there every day for him.  I'm going to take my family home."  Brian stood up and walked to the diaper bag, picking it up and putting it on his shoulder.  "It's okay, Colin.  We're going outside to see Daddy Justin and Gus," he said as he headed toward the back door.

 

Melanie stood up and screamed, "Hold it right there, Kinney!!!   You drive away with Gus and I will call the police on you and charge you with kidnapping."

 

"I doubt that.  I have these papers that prove otherwise."  He waved the custody papers in her direction.  "I suggest you and your wife leave my family alone.  I'm taking my sons where my husband and I are not too busy climbing the corporate ladder to make a home for our children.  I suggest you think about making your other child a priority or you will lose her too."

 

The family was stunned at Brian's tirade.  They had no idea that Gus was living with Brian and Justin and it appeared this was not the end of the discussion.

 

"Fuck you, Kinney.  Don't threaten me.  You will be sorry!!" Melanie yelled as he walked out the door.  Lindsay started crying, but no one moved to comfort her. 

 

After a few moments, Debbie got up and said, "Who wants dessert?"

 

 

 

TBC