- Text Size +

 

Brian rolled over in bed three weeks later, pulling Justin into an embrace. It was a week day and he had to go to work, but he was happy to have his husband in his bed throughout the night. Their decision to hire an overnight nanny had been a good one.   They ended up hiring one of Chloe's cousins, Samantha, who had recently lost her husband and needed a job.  Her children were grown and she didn't want to be alone in her home.   This way she had a place to sleep at night and her days were free to volunteer and pursue her writing.  

Sam had been working for a few weeks and it had made a huge difference in their lives.  Justin was able to paint when the urge hit him and he'd completed several canvases he had started before Colin was born.  They asked Jennifer to watch Colin again so they could go to Woody's and the second time they played pool, drank a few beers and enjoyed a visit to the back room without any major drama.

The alarm went off and Brian hit the button to shut it off.  Justin pulled the pillow over his head to muffle the noise.  Brian took the pillow off his head and leaned over to kiss him.

"I'll be home early tonight since Gus is coming over for the weekend," Brian said as he thought of his son's visit.

"This will be his first long visit since we had Colin.   He's been here every week and loves spending time with him.  I love seeing them together."  Justin was already thinking of several ideas for portraits of the two children.

"Yeah, I think they are cute together.  I love the way he sings to him."  Brian was smitten with both children and sometimes wished he had Gus full time.

Justin yawned, covering his mouth and he laid his head down on the pillow.   "I feel really dirty.  Shower sounds nice."

Brian laughed.  "It's nice to have Samantha here so we can enjoy a morning blow job."  Brian got out of the bed, walking to the bathroom and turning on the shower.  He waited for the water to warm up and stepped inside.   Justin joined him a few minutes later.   He poured some body wash on a cloth and proceeded to soap up Brian.   After he soaped Brian's chest, Brian turned him around and moved his legs apart.  Justin braced the wall with his hands, waiting for Brian to ready him. 

"Such a great ass," he said as he caressed Justin's white globes.  Grabbing the lube from the shelf he squirted some on his fingers, and worked them into Justin.   "Still so tight."

Justin pushed back into Brian's fingers, enjoying the stretch.  "Mmm"

Removing his fingers, He teased Justin's hole with his cock, running it up and down his crack and then pushed it inside the tight cavern.

"Never gets old."

"No, never.  Love you," Justin said as he pushed back.

Brian grabbed Justin's hips, pulling them toward him, pacing himself. Justin appeared eager this morning and slammed back into Brian at a quick pace.

"Want you, need you," Justin said as his breathing quickened,

Soon Brian was pounding into Justin's ass, the tight channel a warm haven for his cock.  Justin sped up his movements and they erupted simultaneously. 

"Briannnnnnnn."  Justin yelled as his orgasm swept through his body.

‘Justin," Brian said as he felt his cock shooting into the tight channel. 

They both stood under the water until their breathing returned to normal.

Brian grabbed the shampoo, pouring a little into his hand and then proceeded to wash Justin's hair.  It was a very intimate gesture, one they had started years ago and continued as often as possible.  It was their way of showing each other they wanted to care for their partner.   It was a familiar ritual and one they relished.  They finished their shower and each man grabbed a towel to dry off.

Brian walked to his closet, grabbing a charcoal grey Armani suit with a maroon shirt and Justin chose a pair of khaki's and an old shirt of Brian's.

"I wondered where that had disappeared, but I should have known you chose to make it a rag to paint in."  Brian ran his hands down the front of Justin's chest, admiring the fit of his shirt on his partner.  "It's a little big and there are some paint stains on it."

"Yes, I know. This is the same shirt that Colin spit up on when he was a few weeks old.  You were pretty freaked out about the smell and told me to get rid of it.  I think your exact words were ‘burn it', but instead I washed it and voila, Colin gets to see his Daddy Justin in one of his Daddy Brian's shirts.  Win for everybody."  Justin smiled as he twirled in front of Brian.

"Twat.   I guess I learned that baby puke can come out of clothes, otherwise I would have to buy a new wardrobe every few months."

"You buy a new wardrobe every few months and that was before we had Colin.  He's just a handy excuse."  Justin's stomach chose that moment to groan very loudly.

"I hope Colin doesn't take after you.   Between the two of you, there will never be any food in the house," Brian said tongue in cheek. He grabbed his phone and wallet and went downstairs. Justin followed after he put on his socks. 

Brian had poured two cups of coffee and was busy pouring sugar and cream into his.  Justin picked up his cup and doctored it to his liking. 

"I'm going to paint a little this morning and go into town to talk to the GLC about their upcoming art show.  You remember that I offered to auction something for their fundraiser."

"I do remember, but I think it is a waste of your talent.  No one who attends the GLC can afford your paintings and you are practically giving it away."

"That's not true. The raffle tickets are $100 a piece and I'm actually not selling a painting.  I'm autographing a program from a show I had a few years back.  Evidently, even pictures of my pictures are worth something."   Justin blew over his coffee in an attempt to cool it and then took a drink.  "Mmm.  Hawaiian Kona, my favorite."

"Gus is supposed to be ready at 4:00.  Are you picking him up?"  Brian asked as he finished his coffee and poured another cup.

"Yeah.  I promised him we would go to the arcade when I pick him up.  He wants to shoot some skee ball.  Evidently he went to a birthday party last week and won a bunch of tickets but doesn't have enough for some prize.   I told him we could spend a little time there and maybe we could play some skee ball," Justin said as he opened the pantry to look for something to eat.

"Skee ball, really?   You two boys have fun.   I should be home by 7:00.  Do we have plans for the weekend?"

"We told Gus that we would watch The Avengers.  The girls think he's too young but he's read all the comics, thanks to Michael and has been telling me he wants to see it for a few months.  I promised him we would watch it when he stayed the night."  Justin opened a box of pop tarts and grabbed a package, tearing it open.

Brian cringed as he watched Justin open the package, but didn't voice his opinion. "Okay.  I see I can't get away from the comics, even in my own home."

"I told him we would spend some time in my studio.  He's hinted at wanting to make something for Colin."  Justin took a bite of the pop tart, licking his lips.

"Good.  I'll have some time to look at some emails I'm expecting," Brian said as he drank some more coffee.

Justin rolled his eyes at the comment, but didn't respond.  They had accepted that work sometimes spilled over into family time. "I thought you and Gus could do something together too.   I think he said something about wanting to get new shoes for soccer and he's just about outgrown the jeans you bought a few months ago.  He's your son when it comes to shopping and I know you'll want to see him well dressed."

Brian's eyes lit up at the mention of shopping, even if it was with his 10 year old son.  "If I leave it up to the munchers, he'd be dressed in Big Q rejects.  A young man has to make a statement, even at 10."  Brian finished his coffee and placed the cup in the dishwasher.

"You are incorrigible.  At 10, he outgrows everything you buy in a few months.  He doesn't need to look like a fashion model."  Justin smiled when he saw Brian's eyes light up, appreciating his need for his son to look as good as he did.  Gus was a miniature version of his father and he was definitely learning to appreciate the finer things in life, especially clothing.  Justin tried to mitigate the desire from his father to dress him like a mini me to the realities of a 10 year old boy who played hard and still spilled food on himself.  Luckily, Brian did not worry about the cost of things and had the ability to dress his son in designer clothing.

"Sounds like we have a busy weekend.  I'll see you tonight."  Brian leaned down and kissed Justin on the lips, tasting his coffee and the unique essence of Justin. "Mm.  If I could bottle that taste, I'd be a millionaire."

Justin laughed, not wanting to point out that Brian was a millionaire.  He understood the statement and the sentiment behind it.

It was close to the time Colin got up so Justin made his way upstairs, making sure the baby monitor was on so he could hear him.   He returned to their bedroom, gathered his clothing from the night before and placed it in the hamper.  He grabbed Brian's suits from the last few days so he could take them to the dry cleaners when he went into town.   He picked up his side of the room; having left several art magazines on the dresser and some mail on the night stand.  While he wasn't naturally a neat person, he tried to placate his husband by attempting to put his things in their place.  Neat places calmed Brian and with a newborn in the home and two parents who worked crazy hours in high powered jobs, adding a little calm to their world was always a good thing.  He was headed toward his studio to review his emails when he heard the unmistakable cry of his son.

Going to the nursery, he picked up Colin, taking him to the changing table to put on a fresh diaper and new clothing.  Even though he was almost three months old and still slept a lot, he had a huge wardrobe, thanks to his other father.  Justin had tried to convince Brian that babies do not need Armani or Gucci clothing, especially since they are rarely seen by anyone but their immediate family.  Justin said there was no need to impress ‘the family' with Colin's wardrobe since they rarely saw him, but that did not stop Brian from spending time online buying him clothes. 

Justin took Colin to the rocking chair and brought out a short book and read it as they did most mornings. He wanted to set up routines and had read that reading to a child was a good way to bond.  Sometimes Gus would read to Colin when he visited and Justin encouraged Brian to read to him as well.

"Now you have a clean diaper and are dressed for the day.  Today you are going to spend time with Ms. Chloe and then when I get home, your brother Gus will be with me. He's going to play with you and he'll be here all weekend.   I'm thinking of sketching a picture of the two of you for your Daddy Brian for his birthday. I bet you are getting hungry so we're going to go see Ms. Chloe so you can start you day and I can do a little painting."  He kissed the little boy on the top of his head and made his way downstairs to give him to Chloe for the duration of the day.  Chloe was waiting in the kitchen and took the baby from Justin.

Justin returned to his studio and worked for a few hours.   His hand started cramping so he stopped and reviewed the few emails he had received.  Most of the emails he received were personal as all of his business ones were handled by Carol, his agent.  He took a few pictures of the latest painting he had worked on to send to Carol.  Having Samantha had allowed him to work in the middle of the night without jeopardizing the care of Colin.  Earlier in the week, he was able to start a new piece when the inspiration hit him at 2:00 in the morning and was thankful, yet again that they had hired her. He went to the kitchen to grab some lunch around 1:00 and then went to the GLC meeting.

Walking into the GLC, Lindsay saw him and immediately went to talk to him. 

"Justin.   I'm so glad you're here early.  I kept forgetting to call you.  Gus has a few commitments this weekend and I was thinking it would be better if he stayed home and came out a different weekend.   I know you are still busy with Colin and I wouldn't want to put you and Brian out having to take him to places when you live so far out.  I was planning on picking him up after work, so I'll be in touch next week to discuss a new time."  Lindsay started to walk away, but Justin said her name and she stopped.

Justin took a few deep breaths before responding.   He'd been waiting for something like this to happen and was surprised it took this long.  True, this was the first time Gus was planning on spending an entire weekend with them, but they had him over to the house at least weekly since Colin's birth.  He's hoped that Lindsay would have finally believed their statements regarding Gus' importance in their lives and their intention to continue their time with him.  Actually, this latest ploy was probably an effort on Lindsay's part to undermine their continued presence.  Since it didn't appear that they were going to have difficulty integrating Colin into their time with Gus, Lindsay was taking it upon herself to suggest that there were too many commitments that Gus had and they would obviously not be able to address them.  He wondered how many of the ‘commitments' were actually things that Gus had scheduled versus ones that Lindsay added at the last minute to make it appear that he was too busy.

"We are perfectly capable of taking care of Gus and seeing that he attends all of his activities this weekend.  Brian and I are just as much his parents as you and Mel, and as his parents we are committed to his needs.  Just give me a list of the things he needs to do and we will see that he gets there.  You two manage to get both JR and Gus to all their activities and there is no reason that Brian and I can't do the same.  Now, if you'll excuse me.  I have a meeting to attend.  When I get out, I expect you will have the list of things Gus needs to participate in this weekend ready and then I will be picking up our son."  Justin did not wait for a response, but turned and left Lindsay with a deep frown on her face.

After the meeting, Justin went to find Lindsay but she was not in the Center.  He asked Tannis if she had left anything for him and was told no.  He wasn't sure if the list actually existed but wouldn't put it past her to go to Gus's school to pick him up since her earlier ploy did not work.  He drove to Gus' school, half expecting him to not be there, but he was talking to his friends while he waited for Justin at the curb.  As Justin drove up, Gus smiled and said goodbye to his friends, climbing into the front seat of Justin's car.

"Hey, Justin.  I'm so excited about spending time with you, Dad and Colin.  It will be great to hang with males. The females in my house are driving me crazy.   Do you think you could paint a picture of me and Colin?  He's grown so much since you guys brought him home.  I want to remember him when he's this little."

Gus gave Justin a perfect opening.  "Gus, I ran into your mom, Lindsay at the GLC this afternoon. She said you had a bunch of stuff going on and you should stay at home this weekend.  She suggested that you come out a different time."

"Nah.  She just wants to keep me at home to watch JR while her and Momma Mel do stuff.  I often watch her and with me gone this weekend, they have to do it."

"Watch JR?   Where are they when you watch her?"  Justin's concern rose as they spoke but he tried to keep his voice neutral, not wanting to alarm Gus.

"Oh, they're home.  Momma Mel often works and Mom cleans or does other stuff.  They'll ask me to watch her."

"I see.  Does this happen a lot?  Do you get to do stuff you want to do?"

"I don't know.  I watch her when they ask me.  Sometimes Tom or Benjamin come over and I can't play cuz I'm watching her, but they come over all the time, so it's okay."

"So you don't have anything you're going to miss by being with me and your Dad?"

"Nope.  Tommy's party was last weekend and coach said there is no practice because he is out of town.  It will be nice being at Britin.  I get to play games, eat whatever I want and play with Colin.  It's fun.  You guys don't ask me to do chores."

"You have responsibilities at Britin.  You have to make your bed and keep your room clean.  You know Brian would never let you leave your stuff lying around.  When you're there, we always spend time reading and if you have homework, you do that too."  Justin loved the fact that Gus enjoyed spending time with them, but he didn't want to encourage the boy in thinking that being at Britin was all fun.

"I know.  It's just different.  It's fun when I'm with you guys.  Sure I have to do my homework and clean up after myself.  You guys make sure that I don't just play video games all day and spend time doing physical stuff.  You want to spend time with me and listen to me.  It just seems that the moms are always too busy with their own stuff."

Justin's heart sank as he listened to Gus, wanting to envelop him in a huge hug and make his world right.   He wasn't sure what he could do, but he would definitely talk to Brian about the conversation.  He was beginning to think Gus' desire to live with him went a little deeper than the fear he would be replaced by the baby.

"Tell me about that Gus."  Justin wanted to be sure he really understood what Gus was saying and he didn't want to put his own interpretation into the discussion. 

"Like yesterday, I wanted to play this new game that Tommy and I learned.  It's a two person game we have played a few times when he has come over.  I thought it would be something Mom would like since you draw pictures as clues, but she said she was busy and to go play with JR.  Later, I asked her to help me with my T-shirts.  She and Momma decided I should put my clothes away and I wanted to practice folding them.  I like putting my stuff away, that way I always know where my favorite T-shirt is.  I know Dad would just hang them all up, but I like them folded.   She said I should just try and get it right, but that she didn't have any time right now."

Justin thought about Gus' statements.  Both seemed innocuous, but he didn't want to ignore the statements either; so he questioned him further.

"She's busy a lot."

"Yeah.  When I come to visit, Dad always makes time for me to do stuff.  I know he often works when I'm there too, but he always finds time to do something with me.  You do too.  If I ask to do some activity, you guys always find time to do it.  You make a point of including me.  Sure, I know I'm not here all the time, but I feel like the moms don't ever put me first.  It's always  J.R.  needs this or has to go here or my work has to be done.  It would be nice to sometimes come first."

"What about when you've come here for a few weeks in the summer or during break?"

"Even when I'm here for a long visit, there is always a time you guys set aside just for me.  I don't even have to ask.  You just tell me it's my choice what we are going to do that day.  That never happens at home.   I'm always asking to do stuff, but a lot of time, I'm told they are too busy."

Justin didn't like to bad mouth Gus' moms and decided to change the subject.  He wasn't sure what could be done about the situation.  It was easy to tell Mel and Linds that Gus was coming to Britin for the weekend, but it was harder to make them spend quality time with their son.  He promised himself that he would continue to spend alone time with Gus and with Colin, hopefully making each son feel important.  He also wanted them to do things together with him and Brian. 

"We're at the arcade.  You said you wanted to earn some more tickets at Skee ball.  I've got $10.00 to spend so you get to decide which games we play."

Gus' eyes lit up in excitement.  "See, you listened to me when we talked earlier this week.  I told you about the birthday party and how I needed some more tickets to get the prize I wanted.  The moms would have said something like you can't always win enough tickets for the prize you want and left it. You're taking me here so I can try and earn the tickets."

They spent an hour at the arcade and Gus won sufficient tickets to add to the ones from the party last weekend to get the prize he wanted.  He went to the counter and proudly presented all his tickets to the attendant.  I want that art set," he said pointing to the kit.   Turning to Justin, he said, "I know I can have all the paints I want at your house, but I'd like to have some for my house.  Mom says they are expensive and I didn't want to ask you for them.  This way she can't say anything since I won them."

"Those are some nice paints.  Do you have paper and brushes?  We were headed to the art store after this, I could pick you up some."  Justin didn't want Gus to have to argue with Lindsay about his supplies.  If Gus came home with them, there wouldn't be any discussion regarding them.  He knew they were expensive, but he would have bought them for Gus if he'd asked.  He decided that Gus was learning not to ask for things he wanted since it appeared that he was usually turned down. 

"That'd be great.  Thanks.  Sometimes I think I want to be an artist like you but then I dream of being a professional soccer player.  Dad always says I'm really good.  What do you think?"

"I think you should do whatever you want.  If you want to paint, great, but if you want to play sports that's good too.   I know your Dad would be okay with either choice.  Have you thought of anything else?  You can't play sports forever and it might take a long time to make money with your art."  Justin didn't want to discourage Gus, but thought this was a good time to bring up the subject.

"Do you think Dad would let me work at Kinnetik?  I could work in the art department and maybe he wouldn't be so upset all the time.  He's always talking about them and how they can't do their job."

Justin let out a hearty laugh. Reaching out to Gus, he ruffled his hair.  "I think your Dad would let you do anything you wanted.  I think he'd be happy to have you work for him, but why don't you talk to him.  He might have some ideas."

"Okay.   Justin, do you think I could get something to hold my art supplies? That way I could keep them away from J.R.  She likes to get into my stuff."

"Sure.  Let's see what they have."  They went to the art store and purchased some paper and brushes and a portfolio for Gus to keep his supplies in.  Justin picked up the supplies he needed which included several canvases and a variety of paint.  By the time they were ready to leave, they had been in the store almost an hour.

Justin saw the clock above the register and muttered under his breath, "Your dad is going to wonder what happened to us.  He's going to beat us home."

"Nah.  I texted him a while back telling him we were at the art store.  He said he'd see us in a few hours since he knew you were like a kid in the candy store when you went here."  Gus laughed at the guilty smile on Justin's face.  "He knows you so well."

"That he does.  Well, regardless of his lack of wonder regarding our location, we should get home.  I'm very hungry and I'm sure you are too."

"Okay."

When they got home, Brian was there and he was setting the table.  They ate dinner and Colin was awake when they finished.

"Can I go play with Colin?"

"I fed him and changed him when I came home.  Since I was home wayyyyyy before you, I think he should be ready for his next feeding in a bit and then he'll be down for most of the night."  Brian's tone was a teasing one and both Justin and Gus recognized it.  Brian looked at the baby monitor that one of them always had with them when they were home and he saw Colin starting to squirm in his crib, signaling he was almost awake. "We can go up there. Would you like to feed him, Gus?"

"Yeah.   He's fun to hold and I've been looking up songs to sing to him."

Brian and Justin looked at each other, both smiling at the obvious caring and love Gus had for his brother. 

Gus fed and sang Go To Sleep to Colin and then laid him in his crib.  Each father kissed their infant son and they all walked out of the nursery.

"It's 9:00, I think you might want to get ready for bed yourself, Gus," Brian said as he looked at Gus.

"I guess.  I'm so happy I'm here.  I'll go get ready for bed.  Night, Dad.  Night Justin.  Thanks for this afternoon."  He motioned for each man to lean down so he could kiss them and they kissed him good night. 

"See you in the morning."

They watched him go to his room and walked downstairs to enjoy the remainder of the evening.

 

TBC