- Text Size +

Chapter 12


“Damn, John, I have checked every hotel in a thirty mile radius.  The only Sullivans I have found that checked in that day was a couple in their 70s.  Where could they have gone?” Tyler was in the back of an Uber with John on their way to a hotel in New Orleans.


“No rentals?”


“Nothing, what could Brinn have found?”  Tyler had never been so frustrated.


“Did you check small inns or B & Bs?”  John questioned.


“Shit, they are really hard to check but you’re right, I will start on those once we are settled into our  room.”


“I’ll check with Tony.  He may know of a search engine specifically for specialty inns.  I know we are listed in a couple gay friendly sites.”  


“Thanks, John.  If you can do that, I am going to start looking at the want ads from the week they arrived and see if anything fits either of their skills.”


“I’ll call Tony as soon as we get settled.  I think he got us an upgrade, one innkeeper to another.”  They got out of the car and went to check in. John started checking them in and they were escorted to the Penthouse by the hotel manager. 


“Gentlemen, your upgrade,”  he said as he opened the door and they all walked in.


“Wow, what did my husband offer you to get us this place?”  John asked as he looked at the view of the French Quarter.


“Well, you will be seeing my husband and I at the Lighthouse next summer but when I heard why you were here, I figured you could use the room.  The dining area can double as an office.”


John looked at the manager, “That is really kind of you.  Since you are being so helpful, would you know of any listing of B & Bs or residential hotels that might not be in standard listings?  We are looking for my cousin who happens to be a genius and she would have tried finding something off the beaten path but yet safe and a little upscale.  My guess is she would have wanted a place they could stay a minimum of two weeks and maybe a month.”


“I will see what I can get together. I hope you find your missing cousin, soon.”  With that the manager left the suite.


Tyler was setting up his computer and contacting Dan while John called Tony, 


“Hello, darling.”


“Oh, Mi Amore, I miss you already. The kids aren’t here, you want to have phone sex.  I know I would love to have your cock deep down my…”


“God, I would love to continue this but I need your help.” John explained what they were looking for and asked Tony to see what he could find.  “I promise I will let you do a lot more than suck my cock if you help me find those two.”


“God, John!” Tyler said behind him.  


“I heard,” Tony laughed and then said a string of Italian words that John still really didn’t know what it meant but it made him melt every time he heard Tony say it.


“I love you, Tony.  I hope to see you very soon.”


“Oh, John, I love you, too.  I know you will find Miss Thing and I know she will come home with you.  I will email the list or site when I find something.”


John saw Tyler looking uncomfortable, ”I thought by now you would be comfortable around all us gays.”


“Oh, John, it’s nothing personal.  You know that, right? I don’t have anything against ….”


“I know, Tyler.  I also know we are a lot to take.  If you want to call Molly and talk dirty, I will gladly listen,” John’s fist gently punched Tyler’s shoulder.  “Have you ever been with a man, Tyler?”


Almost too quickly,  Tyler said, “NO.”


“You have never kissed a man?”


“Well, Justin kissed me once.  He was messing with my mind.”


“And it did nothing for you?”


“No, not like that and obviously I know how you have sex but I just can’t get over how you go through the pain to have sex.”


“Tyler, think of it this way, if the only way you could make love with Molly caused you pain would you never have sex again?  And you know the pain is only temporary before you and the one you love will find that place, you know the one, where the world around you is gone and it is just the two of  you that matter in life.”


“Oh, I do know that feeling.  Molly is as fierce as Justin and that includes in the bedroom.”


“I can believe that.  Have you ever done any anal play?”


“John, why the hell are we talking about this?”


“I guess I know I have had the pleasure of a woman, and not that I am offering to fuck you, but if you’re interested, I always have a toy or two along on a trip.  I just keep them in my travel bag. Sometimes I just need to feel like Tony’s with me. He is such an amazing lover.”


“John, seriously …. I need to, we need to find Brinn.”


“You’re right. I want to see that beautiful face again.”   They both started digging into their tasks and soon it was getting dark.    ‘I think we need a break. I put calls out but now none of managers are around anymore and I’m hitting dead ends until tomorrow.”


“Same here.  I talked to several employers and I’m now just getting answering machines.  Let’s go get something to eat.”


“Tyler, I want to apologize for earlier.”


“What for?” Tyler was confused by his comment.


“There is no reason I should make you feel like you should want to try anal sex. I get a little over zealous sometimes.  I’m not trying to make you feel uncomfortable.”


“We’re good, John,” Tyler stood and stretched.  “You realize we are on the edge of the French Quarter.  I am sure we can find a place to eat there.”


“I actually got a tip when the manager called me back.  He actually made us a reservation. I hope that’s ok.”


“Sounds good.  Let’s go. Oh, hey, John.  You know what Tina looks like, right?”  


John put his arm on Tyler’s shoulders, “Since she is the mother of my son, ya, I think I would recognize her.”


“Damn I forgot about that. Maybe I need to hear the whole story.”


“Buy me a drink and I will tell it to you.”



“Tia, are you ready for dinner?”  Tina called to her daughter.


“Jan,” Brinn glared at her mother.


“Oh, I told Calvin everything.  He understands that a mother has to be with her child and that your fathers were keeping us apart.  He really is a very kind man, Tia.”


“Mom, you haven’t slept with him already, have you?”


“That is none of your business.”


“Mom, really?”  She looked at her mom and continued, “I’m going out for dinner.  I bunch of coworkers invited me to go with them. They told me where they would be.  I’m going.” With that Brinn grabbed her handbag and her phone and headed to the door.


“But Tia, I thought you would help me with the latest ideas for work.”


“Sorry, Mom.  I guess you will have to do your own work for a change,” She stormed off the porch.


“Tia, come back here.  You are only 14. You can’t…”


“Mom, you want me to earn a living like an adult, I’m going to act like one.”  Brinn took her phone out and called her friends to make sure they were still at the bar they had told her about.  She let them know she was on the way and to get her whiskey.


Brinn stumbled in after midnight.  She had lost count how many drinks she had  and she had been asked out by one of the young researchers, Zach.  He had driven her home and gave her a hug at the door once he knew she had the door unlocked.  She was going on her first real date with a real man.


“Tia, where have you been?  Why didn’t you answer my calls or texts?”


Brinn pushed past her and went to the bathroom they shared.  “Tia, I was just worried about you.”


“I gave you the house so you were free to screw your boyfriend  and guess what? Tomorrow I might get to screw mine!”


“Tia…”


“Mom, I’m going to bed.  I have to get up in six hours for work.  You know that’s a job where you go and do your own work.  Not one you go to that is for socializing and then bring the work home for someone else.” Brinn shut her bedroom door, closing it in Tina’s face.


Brinn got up and was making a smoothie when Tina walked in.  She pushed the on button discouraging her mom from talking. Tina walked over and pressed the off button.  Brinn pushed it on again and this time Tina unplugged it.


“That’s Ok, I’m done with it anyway.”  She picked up her travel mug and reached for the blender.  


“Tia, you are not going to ignore me.  Last night was not Ok. You came home very late and you were drunk.  You are only 14.”


“Oh, but I’m not.  I am Brenna Sullivan.  I’m 18 years old and I hold down a job with good benefits.  Hell, I make twice as much as you do. And if I want to get laid, I’m going to get laid,”  As Brinn tried to walk past Tina, Tina slapped her. Brinn looked at her, “I want my dads!”  Brinn sobbed as she walked past her mom and out the door.


Calvin walked in just then and caught Tina by the shoulders.  He pulled her against him. “It sounds like she needs some space, honey. You can talk when she comes home.  You both will be thinking more clearly then.”


“She wants to go home.  I know she does. Maybe I don’t blame her.I have never been mother material but I love her.”


“I think she knows that.  She is a smart young woman.  Do you think it would be different if she went back with her dads?”


“I don’t know but I may have to think about connecting with them.  They aren’t going to be happy with me.”


“Well, if they get rude with you, I will work as the go between.”  He kissed Tina’s nose, “But maybe she will get over it by the time she gets back.”


“Is she too young to go out with a man?”  Tina looked at him.


“18 is not too young.  14 on the other hand….”


“She has to stay 18 or she won’t be able to work.”


“Well, then I guess you need to talk to her about protection before she goes out.”  Tina stepped into Calvin’s arms. What would I do without you here?”


“Tina, you are kind of a mess but I am retired now.  I have a lot of time to keep an eye on you.” Calvin kissed her.  “And speaking of keeping an eye on you, you need to go to work.”



John and Tyler planned to go separate ways today.  Tony had called and a friend of his now worked in New Orleans and was willing to take John around to some of the B & B’s  so he could show Brinn and Tina’s picture and see if they had heard from two women looking for long term lodging. Tyler had a handful of appointments set up to check on employment possibilities.  By 9:00 a.m. they had gone their own ways.



Dan had updated Brian early that morning and now that it was after lunch, Brian was going to see Justin.  He hoped they could continue on as they had yesterday. He longed for a real kiss from him but he couldn’t push him too hard.  When he arrived he was directed to the garden and Brian found Justin sitting on a bench smelling a flower.


“Hey, Sunshine.”


Justin looked up at Brian and the smile he gave him had Brian fighting for restraint. “Is Brinn here?”


Brian sat down next to him, deflated again. He put an arm around Justin and pulled him close.  “John and Tyler are very close. I promise I will come tell you even if it is in the middle of the night.  Justin?” Brian looked at his love, “May I kiss you? I mean really kiss you?”


Justin nodded, as Brian’s head closed in. When their lips met, there was a bolt of electricity between them and for a moment Justin forgot himself or remembered himself.  Brian’s heart soared as Justin straddled him, putting both arms around Brian’s neck. He began to rock his pelvis so his cock massaged Brian’s as he moved. Brian’s arms went around Justin’s waist and stopped the movement.


“I love you, Sunshine.  I need you but I know I can’t have you right now so please, Justin,” he kissed him once more and lifted Justin off his lap to sit next to him.


Justin blinked at him.  “I love you too, Bri. I really do.”


“I know you do, Justin.  I know you do.” They walked hand in hand around the garden for about half an hour before Brian said goodbye to him in his room.  They kissed once more and then Brian left, heading to spend some time with his grandchildren.



Gus had spent the afternoon at the office. He had some new projects that needed some final touches and he had left them for Molly to look at since she had been helping with the decoration.  He had arrived and found her notes on his desk. After working a couple hours there was a soft knock at the door. “Come in,” Gus called not looking up. He figured Molly had returned and wanted to talk about the notes.  He was surprised when he smelled Seth’s cologne. He stood up and turned toward the door and without a word, Seth locked the door and Gus stepped into his arms. “Seth, it’s not Monday. We’re not at Stone House.”  


After a long drawn out kiss, Seth looked at him, “G, do you think my love for you is only on Mondays and only at Stone House?” After saying that, he slowly dropped to his knees, unzipped Gus’ pants, and took him into his mouth. As his tongue danced across the surface of Gus’ cock, a hand moved around and slipped inside of him and as he moved it in and out, he started rubbing Gus’ prostate.  He would start and stop until Gus was ready to cry out. Seth then began the timing and soon Gus silently spasmed deep into Seth’s throat.  


Seth stood and claimed Gus’ mouth sharing his flavor with him as he rezipped Gus’ pants.  He then slipped out just as he had slipped in. Gus’ was still standing leaning against his desk when there was another knock on the door, “Seth, did you forget something?”  


The door opened and Molly stepped in, “So that was Seth who just went out the back door.  What did he want?”


“Oh, we were just talking music stuff for a few minutes,”  Gus lied.


Molly noticed Gus was flushed and asked, “Are you sure you two weren’t arguing?”


“I can promise we weren’t.”


“But you’re flushed.”


“It’s just warm in here.  Now Molly, I have a question about your note….”  Gus distracted her and the two talked business until it was time to go home for the day.


After Molly had left for the day,  Gus started straightening up his office before heading home for the day.  In the truck he was surprised the scent of Seth was stuck in his head. And why did smelling it make him want to make love to Shelby the second he got home?  He kept thinking of the feel of her and how similar making love to her felt like Seth’s warm, wanting mouth. He drove a bit faster.



Brian arrived at Gus and Shelby’s house.  He rang the bell and then left himself in. “Papa, papa!”  The voices of Gage and Taylor called together before they flew into his waiting arms. Brian picked them both up as he felt a twinge in his back.   


“You two are getting far too big to do this with,” he looked over his shoulder, smiling at Shelby, “or I am just too old.”


Shelby walked over and kissed his cheek.  “How is Justin doing?”


“He is doing much better.  He really is. Once Brinn is home, he will be back very soon.”


“Papa, will you read us a story?”  Taylor asked. “You are the bestest reader.”


“Please, Papa!”  Gage’s arms tightened around his neck as the little boy kissed his cheek.  


“You two go pick out one book each and sit on the sofa.  I will be there in just a minute.” He set them both down on the floor and they ran to the living room.


Brian looked at Shelby, “Tyler and John are tracking down a couple good leads.  Hopefully it won’t be long.” 


Instinctively, Shelby put her arms around Brian and he held onto her tightly for a moment.  He kissed her cheek as he took half a step away. “Brian, I hope you know you are welcome here anytime.  The kids love seeing you. They miss Justin and Brinn and it helps when they see you. Can you stay for dinner?  It’s nothing fancy.”


“Everything you make is good, Shelby.  Sure, I have nothing planned. Dinner tends to be liquid lately.”


“Ya, that is obvious.  You have lost a lot of weight.”


“Well, that’s every gay man’s dream.”  


As they talked, they had missed Gus arriving.  As he walked in he saw his pops and Shelby standing close to each other sharing a conversation.  “Hey, Pops,” Gus walked over and kissed his dad. He then turned to Shelby and by the time he got done kissing her, Brian had a hard on.   “Are you hanging around for awhile?”


“I am.  I have a date with your children for storytime and then I am eating dinner with you.”


Gus got a glint in his eye, looking at Shelby, “Is dinner in the oven, by chance?”


“Yes, it is.”  Shelby looked at him a bit curious.


“Pops, you’re in charge for awhile.  I have plans for my wife.” 


“Gus, your dad….”


“Can take care of the kids for a while.”


Shelby rushed to the stove and turned it down and then Gus and Shelby rushed upstairs.  Brian smiled but felt the loneliness until he heard two sweet voices calling for papa. “I’m coming.”  


Shelby stepped into Gus’ arms the second the door was shut.  As he reached for the hem of her shirt she sniffed, “What am I smelling?  That isn’t your cologne but I know I have smelled it before.” Just then it hit her and she jumped back.  “You were with him! Why were you with …. It’s not Monday. Where were you? What is…”


Gus was shocked at her reaction. He thought he had just been remembering the scent but it was on him.  She reached out and struck him in the chest, “How much do I have to give? I agreed to one night a week.  Me and the kids deserve…”


Gus’ mouth crushed hers.  He stopped her words as his hands deftly removed her pants and then he separated from her enough to pull the shirt off of her. “Damn, Shel, since he stopped by my office all I could think about was the feel of you.  The texture of you as you close…” he thrust his fingers deep in her. He moved them so they ran down the inner walls of her.


“Stop!  You can’t walk in smelling of your other lover and expect me ...to...NO!”  Shelby broke away and grabbed a book off her nightstand and threw it at him.  He ducked and a lamp went flying to the floor with a crash.



Brian and the kids were sitting in the family room when something smashed about them.  Both Gage and Taylor sucked in their breath and covered their mouths with an Oh sound. 


Brian tried to continue but Taylor tugged on his shirt, “Papa, are Mommy and Daddy alright?”


“I think Mommy and Daddy can take care of themselves.  They are probably just playing hard.”



“Shelly, you need to listen to me.”


“I don’t have to do anything,” she threw a pillow next but that didn’t slow him down.  He dove low and caught her around the waist throwing them both on the bed on the ground.  Shelby let out a big umph.  


“Oh, Shelly, are you all right?” He gently stroked her stomach.


“There is nothing wrong with me!” Shelby rolled so she was on top of him.  “Now, you were going to tell me why you smell like your lover.”


“Shelby, he just dropped by my office. We spent a few minutes together.  We only….”


“I don’t want to know….”


“Are you sure? Well, he didn’t,” Gus rolled them over so he was on top, shoving a footstool a few inches across the floor, “do this.”   


As Gus kissed Shelby’s neck, Brian and the kids both looked up at the ceiling and Brian redirected them to the story he was reading.


“And he definitely didn’t do this,” his mouth descended on her nipple.  Between licks and nips Gus said, “I have wanted to do this for hours.” He managed to get his pants down and thrust into her.  “And I promise, nothing felt like this!”


“Oh, god, Gus,  I hate you sometimes, but I love you always!”



The next noise Brian and the kids heard was some gentle thumping and then a shrill cry from Shelby.  Even Brian knew what that sound was. There were a couple more thuds and then all was quiet above them.  Brian distracted the kids again, this time by giving horsey back rides first to one and then the other.


Gus had dropped next to Shelby and pulled her close.  “Oh, Shelly, please understand, even if I see him doesn’t mean I don’t want to be with you.  After he left today, I couldn’t wait to see you. I love you. I need you. I always will. What you do for me, Seth never could and he can do something you can’t but where do I spend six nights a week? Whose bed do I sleep in?  I love you!”


“You think your dad will be alright for a few more minutes?”  She stood and offered her hand to Gus. 


“I’m sure he can deal for a few more minutes.” He pulled to him as they dropped onto the bed and once more Gus’ hand began to brush against her clit and it didn’t take long before she was again gasping and pulling at him so he moved above her and this time, with slow deliberate strokes he brought them over the edge and they slid into the comfort of being with the one you love.



Gus and Shelby strode down the steps hand in hand.  “Daddy, you fight with mama?” Gage asked as his mom started pulling dinner out of the oven.  


“We weren’t really fighting.  We were more like wrestling like I do with you,” Gus snatched him up and then fake slammed him onto the floor, following him down there and they began to roll around.  Taylor didn’t want to be left out so she pounced on her dad, too.


Brian walked over to Shelby in the kitchen and kissed her cheek.  “Everything good?”


“It is now.  I have to figure out how to get over the jealousy.  He smelled of Seth. I just…. I’m trying. I just love him so much.”


“Well, from what I heard and see, you worked it out?”


“Ya, maybe I’ll call Becca and see if she can give me some suggestions.”


“Just remember how much he loves you.  If he didn’t, to be blunt, why would he stay.  He has someone else.”


Shelby glared at him for a second but then softened as Brian’s meaning sank in.  “I guess I understand that. He has a great looking guy that he could have, well, Isabella might have something to say about that, but I know what you mean.  Thanks, Brian.” She turned and saw Gus under both of her kids and he was fending off fake punches and then he had them both in his arms and was kissing them.  “You raised an amazing son,” she smiled at Brian.


“I like to think I had a little part in making him the man he is today.” Brian directed his voice at his son and grandkids.  “I think Shelby has dinner ready if you can pull yourself away from the battle.” They all sat down to enjoy some family time.  The glow between Gus and Shelby was obvious and Brian was thankful his grandkids didn’t have to worry about their family like he had.



John and Tyler touched base a couple times throughout the day and when they had met up late afternoon, Tyler did not look good.  “Hey, I think the lunch I grabbed at a food cart today wasn’t kosher. I feel like shit. I am supposed to meet up with a guy in half an hour.  Can you do it for me? I need to get to the room and ….well, “ he grabbed his stomach. “Here’s my notes and the address.” And with that Tyler jogged off.


John glanced at the information Tyler had given him and after checking the address decided it would be easiest to just walk the short distance.  The notes looked promising. A research lab hired a young redhead and the HR person thought she might be younger than her paperwork said. The notes said to knock at a specific door.  John did so and a 60ish woman answered it.    


“Tyler?”  the woman said.


“I’m John. Tyler wasn’t feeling well so  he sent me instead. I hope you don’t mind. It’s Betty, isn’t it?”


“How could an old woman mind meeting a handsome young man? Come in.  I don’t want you to think I am doing anything against company policy but I wanted to wait to get a video for you. Do you know the girl Tyler is looking for?”


“Ma’am, I have known her since she was born.  She is my cousin. Our family wants her home where she belongs. Oh, and Tyler is her uncle so we are both related.”


The woman led John to a computer and sat down.  “Pull up a chair from the next desk.” John pulled the chair up.  “Oh, you can come a lot closer than that.” She pulled the chair up close. 


“Ok,” John laughed. “Maybe I should tell you, I’m a happily married man.”

“Lucky her.”


“Well, it happens to be a him, but he would probably allow me to take you out to dinner, if you don’t have any plans.”  John liked this woman and Tyler was obviously not going to be eating dinner with him.


“Oh, John, that’s a nice offer but you don’t have to.”


“I would love to, Betty.  I bet you know great places to eat and since Tyler is sick, I’d rather not eat alone.”


“Well, let’s look at this video and see if we have something to celebrate.”



Brinn arrived home, not sure what to expect from her mom.  She was going to try to avoid her and get ready for her first real date.  Brinn showered and was blowing her hair dry when she heard a knock on the door. She didn’t say anything but walked over and unlocked the door.  Tina let herself in. She looked at her daughter, standing with a towel wrapped around her as she started curling her long red hair.


“Tia, I think we should talk.”


“I don’t feel like talking.”


“Tia, I know you are going out tonight.  How old is your date?


“I don’t know.  I think he’s like 24.  I’m 18 so what’s the big deal.”


“The big deal is, he is a grown man and you aren’t 15. Tia, I’m sorry we have had a rough spot and I know you are missing your dads and I know I am not always….  Calvin is a great guy. I think he and I…. I really like New Orleans. How about you?”


“Mom…. I have to do my makeup.”


“Would you like me to help you?”  Tina brushed Brinn’s hair away from her face.


“Thanks, Mom.’


Brinn sat as her mom started doing her makeup.  “Tia, I don’t know this man. Just remember you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to but if you choose to….. Well, I have some condoms for you to put in your bag.” Tina put on the last touch of make up and she couldn’t believe how beautiful her daughter was.  “Honey, I know your dads and sister in law have talked to you about sex but do you have any questions?”


“If I decide to have sex, will it hurt?”


“It isn’t comfortable the first time, usually, but with the right person, they will know how to make it good.”


“Ok,” she didn’t want her mom to know how nervous she was and she didn’t want to give her the pleasure of asking more questions.  She wanted to ask Shelby. Maybe she would call her. “Mom, I am ready to get dressed. I will say goodbye before I leave.”


Tina knew she was being dismissed.  


As soon as Tina left the room, Brinn picked up her phone and she called Shelby.  Because of the time difference she hoped to talk to her before Gus got home. She put in the number and hit send.  


Shelby picked up her phone and saw a number she didn’t recognize.  She almost set it aside but Gage said, “Who is it, Mama?”


“Well, let’s find out,” she answered the call.  “Hello.”


“Hi Shelby.”


“Brinn! Oh, sweetheart, where are you?”


“I’m good, Shelby.  In fact, I have a date tonight and I am nervous. I just knew you would know what to say.”


“Oh, Brinn. You are a confident intelligent young lady.  You will be fine. But, please, won’t you tell me where you are.  Your dads miss you so much. In fact, Justin has…”


Just then Gus walked in and Shelby mouthed the word Brinn.  He pulled it out of her hand, “Brinn? Oh, Brinny, you need to come home.  We all miss you. It is almost Thanksgiving. It is almost your birthday.”


“Gus….I..don’t  want to….talk…..” Brinn hung up.  She couldn’t cry. She couldn’t talk to him.


Shelby took the phone back.  “Let me see if she will pick up again.”  


After a couple rings, Brinn’s soft voice came over, “Hello?”


“Brinn, it’s just me.  What did you want to ask me, honey?”


“I just don’t know if I will have sex tonight.  Should I? Mom says it is up to me.”


“Oh, Brinny, you are going on a first date.  Any good man will understand if you say no. A really good man would never ask the first night.  Now Brinny, please, if you won’t come home at least call your dads. Justin isn’t doing well without you.”


“Daddy?  What’s wrong with Daddy?”


“Nothing that wouldn’t be fixed by you coming home.”


“Shelby, I….if I come home and can’t see Mom anymore…. It’s too hard.”  Brinn hung up again and Shelby didn’t even try calling her back. Gus had already called Dan and then Brian, who both arrived at Gus and Shelby’s within minutes.  Dan stopped Brian from calling Brinn immediately. He literally had to toss Brian’s phone to Gus and lead Brian away from the couple and their children.


“Brian,” Dan put his arms around Brian and spoke softly in his ear, “I understand but I don’t want her to flee again.  Leave her alone. Let me try tracking her and John and Tyler are right there, at least I hope she is still there.”


Brian held onto his friend tightly, “I want my daughter back but I need my husband back.” Dan held him and kissed his cheek while he stroked his hair.  Dan stood there until Brian started to loosen his grip on him and then he gently led him to the door.


“Pops, would you like me to stay with you?”


“Gus, I’ll stay with him as long as he wants me to.  Come on, Brian. Just leave your car. You can pick it up later.”



There was a knock on the door and Brinn rushed to answer it, not wanting her mom to insist on meeting her date but when Tina was nowhere to be seen, she was also disappointed in a way.  Her dads would never let her out of the house with someone they hadn’t met. Oh, she wanted to go home. Calling was stupid but she was glad that Shelby called back and talked to her.  


Brinn opened the door and their stood Zach in a nice pair of Jeans and a casual button down. “Wow, Brenna, you look…. Wow.” He kissed her cheek and looked her up and down once more.  “That lab coat you wear sure hides a lot. You ready?”


“I am.  You don’t look half bad yourself.” She couldn’t resist brushing a stray hair from his forehead.  “How old are you? I don’t care but my mom asked and I realized I didn’t know.”


“I’m 24.  I finished college at 21 and was hired right away.  I have watched your work. I think you are hiding some of your skills.  Are you really just out of high school?”


“Well, yes, and no.  I took advanced classes in school so I have had a lot of college classes already.” Brinn said as he opened the car door.   Once Zach was behind the wheel he pulled out and she asked about his family, distracting him from the previous conversation.  After he told her about growing up in a small town not too far away with his parents and three siblings, the conversation returned to her and she realized she didn’t want to lie.  So she changed up the story a bit.


“Well, my sister is actually my mom.  She had me super young and it was just easier to say that we were sisters.  I was raised by both my mom and my dad. I have a brother on my dad’s side and two much younger siblings on my mom’s.”


“Where did you grow up?”  Zach asked as he pulled into a parking spot.  “Oh, here and there. This is the place you were talking about last night.  More people from work have been here and said it was good.”


“Ya, it is kind of a local hangout for a lot of people at our lab. It’s not fancy but it has great food and they don’t care how long you sit around and talk.” He stopped and took her in his arms.  He looked down at her, “Brenna, may I kiss you? I have wanted to do it since I saw you at the door but I didn’t want to be too pushy but you are so beautiful…”  


Brinn looked up at him and tilted her head.  He took this as a yes and his mouth moved down to hers and gently brushed her lips with his, sending a shiver through her.  She had kissed Danny so many times but he had never made her feel warm and tingly deep inside except the one time he had found her clit by the waterfall. Zach’s hands were nowhere near that part of her body but he still made her shiver deep inside.


When Zach stepped back  Brinn held onto his hand tightly. Without another word they walked into the restaurant.  As they sat down and menus were handed to them, Brinn noticed the prices were reasonable but not cheap.  “Zach, we didn’t talk about who was paying but I want you to know I can pay for myself.”


“Brenna, I asked you out on a date.  I’m not a kid. I can afford to pay for my date’s dinner.”


“But, a friend of mine told me if I let you pay you could expect….”


“I don’t know what kind of guys your friends go out with but you don’t owe me anything but a conversation.”


Brinn’s shoulders relaxed.  She leaned over and kissed him lightly on the lips. She smiled and opened the menu.



John knew he had found Brinn.  The redhead in the video not only looked just like her but she moved like her.  She was talking to coworkers and one young man was staying very close. He placed a hand on her back as they stood in a group.  Of course, Brinn was comfortable with a man being protective. He had stood that way next to her many times as did her dads and Gus.  She was a young girl who was very comfortable with men. John had told Betty it was his cousin but asked her to keep it quiet until he talked to his employers and uncle to find out how they wanted to handle it.  She agreed. They went to a local restaurant that specialized in cajun food.  


After ordering, Betty said, “So she is only 14 years old?”


“She will be 15 in two weeks but she is brilliant.  I think she finished a master’s degree just before she left.  I want to thank you again for your help and the address.”


“I can’t imagine what it would be like to have a child run away.”


“If either of my kids disappeared I would go crazy.”  As soon as he said it, John realized that is exactly what happened to Justin.  Hopefully within a few days, that would be taken care of.


As they ate their meal, John told Betty all about his family and Betty spoke about her grown children. John took a moment to call Dan with the information he had just found and then finished his meal, knowing he wouldn’t do a thing until he heard back from  Dan and Brian.



Brinn had a wonderful time and she thought Zach did, too.  She excused herself to use the bathroom and then met Zach in the entry before they left the restaurant.  At the same time, John had paid for the meal and walked Betty to her car. As Betty waited to pull out into traffic a car drove past and for a split second John made eye contact with the woman in the passenger window.  He saw the look of recognition on Brinn’s face as her hand flew up to her mouth.


Brinn gasped when she realized she was looking at John.  “Brenna, are you Ok?”


Brinn’s whole body shook, “I...that guy….  Oh, Zach, I have to tell someone. Can I trust you?  You can’t tell anyone!”


“What is it?  You aren’t wanted by the police are you?”


“No, well, not like that.  Zach, I’m not who you think I am.  I was telling you the truth about Tina being my Mom.”


“I thought her name was Jan.”


“You think my name is Brenna Sullivan and that I am 18 years old.  My real name is Brinn Taylor-Kinney and I’m 15, well I’ll be 15 in a couple weeks.”


“Holy shit, what if I would have ….. You’re the age of my little sister.  Hey, wait, I remember the story now. You ran away from home. I saw it on the news but they said there was little they could do because you were with a parent.”


“My dads wouldn’t let me see my mom and I missed her so bad.  I wasn’t even allowed to talk to her but I located her and set up an email account that couldn’t be tracked. But…..I just saw my cousin.  I am sure he is here looking for me. He’s a pilot and works for my dad and my Uncle Dan who is sort of a private eye. I know he saw me.”


Zach pulled into a park and stopped the car, “Do you want to stay hidden with your mom?  I get the feeling you aren’t sure anymore.”


“I miss my dads and my brother and my niece and nephew and my best friend and….”


“But you don’t want to hurt your mom?”


“Exactly!  I do love her and want to see her but she really doesn’t know how to be a mom.  I’m not sure how much trouble she will be in. It was my plan and I left on my own. Oh, Zach, what do I do?”


“Do you think your cousin will do anything tonight?”


“I am sure he has already called Uncle Dan and maybe my dads.but I doubt there is much he can do at this time on a Friday night. And I didn’t mention but….”


“Brenna...I mean Brinn, you are the most interesting date I’ve ever had. What didn’t you mention?”


“I called my sister in law today.”  Brinn pulled out her wallet and found a picture of Shelby and Gus with the kids.  “Isn’t she pretty?”


“Yes, she is!  And that’s your brother?”


“Ya, that’s Gus.”


“You don’t look much alike.”


“That’s because we have different biological parents. Gus’ biological father is my dad but my biological father is my daddy.  But I love them the same.”


“Of course you do.  Do I remember that your dads have a winery?”


“Yes, along with a lot of other stuff.  My dads are pretty rich I think. We have houses in Pittsburgh, New York City, California, and Ibiza.”


“Holy Shit and I thought my family was doing  Ok.”


“But neither of my dads were rich growing up.  They both work really hard to make money but they always put our family first.”  Brinn’s lower lip started quivering. “I miss them so much.” Zach pulled her into his arms the best he could in the car.  


“Brinn, why don’t I drive you home and then in the morning if you want me to take you to talk to him or to call someone with you, I will.”


“Thank you, Zach.  I really mean that.  I am guessing you won’t be asking me out again.”


“Brinn, I am too old for you.”


“My dads are 12 years apart in age.”  She smiled at him too seductively.


“Well,  Brinn if in five years we run across each other….we’ll see.”


Zach walked her to the door and Brinn put her hand on his waist, “Zach, I have been dreaming about my first date all my life and this is the point where I expected to get my first amazing, breath stopping kiss.  Do you think…”


Zach pulled her into his arms and brought his mouth down to hers.  It started off gentle but then something happened. Zach deepened the kiss and as his tongue probed and she parted her lips accepting his tongue.  By the time they separated, Zach looked more stunned the Brinn. His eyes met hers and softly he said, “Shit,” he pulled her close to him again and kissed her once more.  “I don’t know what the hell you are, Brinn, but …. I’ll call you in the morning.” before he said anything more he ran to the car and drove away.


Brinn walked into the house, kind of expecting her mom to be waiting up but when she peeked into Tina’s room she wasn’t even there which meant she was in Calvin’s room.  She went to her room and knew what she was going to do in the morning.



Brian sat with Dan and Marcus in their living room.  Dan had Hannah on his lap and Marcus sat on the sofa with Brian.  Hannah was babbling loudly, sounding like she was telling a story of some kind. Marcus had an arm around Brian’s shoulder and was playing with his hair at the back of his collar.  Marcus and Brian were talking about Brian’s visit with Justin earlier in the day when Dan’s phone rang. He stood and handed his daughter to Brian, who accepted her with open arms. Brian pulled the little girl close to him and as if she knew he needed it, she threw her arms around his neck and squeezed tight.


Dan stepped away and answered the phone, “John, what is it?”


“I saw Brinn!  I have her address.  But I am worried. She saw me, too.  I don’t know if I should try to get her tonight.  Tyler is still sick. I need some advice here, Dan.  Do you want me to do surveillance?”


“Oh, John, if it was anyone but Brinn, I’d say it would be fine but, damn, that girl is just so unpredictable.


Brian overheard enough to know what was going on.  He handed Hannah over to Marcus and walked up to Dan, taking the phone from him.  “John, please bring her home. We need her here with us. Maybe call her. Let her know how much we love her and how much her daddy needs her.  Bring her home, John.” Brian had tears running down his face and his voice was so filled with emotion Dan was sure John was crying, too.


“I promise, Uncle Brian.  She will be home very soon.”  John took a deep breath. “I love you, Uncle Brian.  We’ll be there soon. I won’t come home until I have her.”  Dan took his phone and pulled Brian close. He had never seen his friend so emotionally spent.


“Brian, why don’t you sleep here tonight.  Danny is staying over at Britt’s. You are welcome to stay.”


“I don’t want to be a pain.  I can go….”


“You’re staying until we hear from John.” Dan kissed Brian and held him for a few moments.  Marcus slipped out behind them and he nodded to Dan. He was giving Dan permission to go a bit further if it would help Brian.  “What do you need, Brian? What can I do for you?”


Brian didn’t say anything but he put his arms around Dan’s neck and started to kiss him. Neither of them had any intention of taking it much further but their lips and hands were everywhere at once.  Dan let Brian do what he wanted. Brian’s hand soon had Dan on the verge of explosion. His hand had worked its way into Dan’s pants and he still knew exactly what to do to make Dan balance on the edge of orgasm. And then he brought his hand up to Dan’s face.  “Go be with Marcus. I will take Hannah. Go love your husband the way I wish I could love mine. 


Dan walked into their bedroom and brought Hannah out, handing her to Brian.  He handed Hannah over to him. “Let me hear you! Make him crazy.”  

 

Dan leaned over and kissed Brian, “You are a good man, Brian Kinney.  Don’t ever forget that.”