- Text Size +

Chapter 14 


Danny picked Brinn up and spun her when he arrived at the party. “I missed you so much, Brinn.  I didn’t have my best friend to talk to.”


“You have Britt now. I didn’t think you would need me.”


“I love Britt but who do I talk to when he something he does bug me?  Not that there is much that he does I don’t like. Maybe tomorrow night you can stay over or I will stay over here.  I don’t have class until late Wednesday.”


“I will try.  I want to catch up and tell you about Zach, too.” At that time Molly walked over with Jenna  who Brinn picked up and hugged. Brinn kissed Danny’s cheek and walked away with Molly to talk to Paul, too.  Brinn took turns talking to everyone there. There was a surprise about 8:30 when Jenn and Tuck walked in.


“Grandma!” Brinn called at the same time Jenna and Paul ran to her.  Brinn stood back and let her little cousins get hugs and kisses first and then Brinn stepped into Jennifer’s arm.  She felt Tuck’s arms around her shoulders, too. She loved Tucker. He was very quiet and seemed unattached but she knew he loved the family in his own way and she knew he loved her grandma and that is all that was important. Jennifer let her know that she planned to stay a couple weeks so they would have plenty of time.  She then went over to see Gage and Taylor to catch up with them and Shelby and Gus.


As the night went on Brinn continued to go from group to group, talking to everyone.  As it got later she noticed Gus looking at his watch. It was nearly 9:00. She remembered his late band practice.  She was getting really tired with the stress of the last couple of days and the time difference. She started saying good night to people.  When she got to Gus and Shelby, Gus was kissing his wife and Brinn noticed his hand resting on her ass.


“I need to go to bed and, Gus, I know you still have someplace to go.  Take your family home and get going so you aren’t late for Seth.” Brinn kissed both of them and the kids.  “Is Grandma staying at your place?”


“Not tonight.  Tuck got them a hotel room but when he leaves Grandma will stay at our place or here.” Gus hugged his sister, “We will spend a day together soon. I think next week I have a day trip.  I could use your company on the drive.”


“I’d love that. Shelby, can I come over tomorrow to talk?”


“Oh, please do.”  Gus ushered his family out the door and the crowd was thinning out now. Danny had left because of an early class and Marcus and Dan had taken Hannah home to put her to bed.


As soon as Gus and his family we in their SUV, Shelby asked, “What did you tell, Brinn? You didn’t tell her…”


“I told her we had a band practice.”


“I can’t believe you are going tonight of all nights!”


“Shelby, please, I wasn’t going to but something happened.  I’m going over as a friend. Isabella threw him out and he had to see a doctor.  I need to make sure he is Ok. I will be home in the morning to help get the kids off to daycare. I will come in and get them to bed.”


“Don’t bother.  You obviously have some place to be!” Shelby opened the back door and got Gage out while Gus got Tayler out.  


As the kids ran to the house, Gus grabbed his wife around the waist. “I love you, Shelly.  Don’t forget that. You are the one I live with. You are the one I will grow old with.” He kissed her as his hand squeezed her ass.  “I will be back long before the kids are awake. I want to make love to you anyway you want me to. Maybe a bath before they are up?” Shelby stepped back.


“I love you too, Gussy. I will see you in the morning.  You were really a great brother and son today.” As Shelby led the kids into the house, Gus drove off.


Soon, the house was quiet.  John and Tony were staying in one of the cottages while their kids slept in the main house.  Jonna had fallen asleep in Brinn’s bed so when Brinn was ready to go to bed, she knocked on the guest room door where Matty was in bed.


“Ya?”  Matty responded.


She opened the door, “Hey, Matty, can I come in?”


“Ya,” Matty was laying on the bed with shorts and a T Shirt.


“We didn’t get a chance to talk with all those people.”


“Do we have something to talk about?”


“Matty, you know we do.  You’re old enough now to talk about this.”


“Brinn, I don’t want to talk about it.” Brinn dropped on the bed next to him.  


“Matty, why don’t you want to talk about our mom?”


“That woman is not our mom.  She gave us away! She didn’t want anything to do with either of us!  Why didn’t our mom want us, Brinny? Why didn’t she love us?” Brinn wrapped her arms around her brother.  She had never seen him cry like this. He sobbed silently for a while, holding onto Brinn.


When he calmed down, Brinn told him about her time with their mom.  “Matty, she wants to get to know you. She is never going to be a parent. She’s just not like our dads but she does care about us.”  Brinn talked quietly until he fell asleep. She kissed his forehead and she slipped out of bed. When she came out, she found Brian hanging out in the hall, waiting for her.


“Is Matty alright?”  he asked as he took her in his arms and held her tightly. 


“Ya, I just needed to tell him about our mom a little bit.  He’s hurt she didn’t fight to keep him. I told him how much better we are with our dads.”


“I am so glad to hear you say that. I understand why you did it.  I should have pressed Sunshine to let you at least talk to her but I knew he was on shaky ground. I should have talked to you.  I should have ….you are old enough and everyone knows you are smart enough.” 


“Daddy, I am going to need a lot of money.”


“You are, huh?  What are you going to need a lot of money for?”


“Well, I met a man and I want him to move here but the only way to get him to do that is to have a research lab.  And Daddy, I have decided that is what I want to do. I really enjoyed working at the lab in New Orleans. I should be able to finish my PhD this year and when I do will you fund the lab.  Zach will be willing to work on grants to help fund it, I think.”


“Who’s Zach?”


“He is …. Daddy, he is very special.  Ask John and Tyler. He is a real man.  When he found out I was 14 he didn’t try to perp on me or try to dump me.  He took care of me.”


“Brinn, you aren’t even 15.”


“I know that and I don’t plan to do anything crazy but Dad, I just think he is worth at least starting a business together.  He and I together could study lung diseases.” She yawned. “Can we talk in your bed? Jonna is in mine and I am getting so tired.”


Brian scooped her up and carried her to his bed  Within minutes she was sound asleep. Brian pulled on shorts and T shirt and pulled his daughter close as she snuggled against him.  The only thing that would make him happier was if Justin was on the other side of her..



“Seth, where are you?” Gus rushed into Stone House.  


“I’m up here.  I filled the tub.  Will you join me?” Seth strode down the steps naked.


“How are you?  How’s your head?” Gus met him on the steps and gently touched the bandage.


“I’m fine, G.  It isn’t serious.”


“But Seth, Bella threw you out!”


“Not really, she just needs time to process.  The only thing I worry about is that she may tell Shelby.  How do you think she will deal with that if she knows how we really feel about each other.”


“I … I’m not sure.  But she knows I love her. And our kids…. It will work out if Bella tells her.”


Seth was undressing Gus as they talked.  “How’s your sister? He kissed Gus’ neck as his hands worked on the fly of his pants and then his hands were on his rising cock.  He pulled Gus close forcing Gus’ cock between his legs just below his own erection. As his sack slid over Gus’ dick. Gus took in a sharp breath.  The sensation was almost too much for him to deal with.  


“Brinn is….oh, god I can’t talk about her when I need you so bad.”


“Are you sure, G” I know I’m a lot to take.”


“I have been thinking about it all day.  I want to feel that stretch all the way in. Oh, and Brinn thinks we are having a band practice.”


“Well, I hope to play with you all night.”  Seth led him into the bathroom and positioned Gus so he leaned over the tub.  Gus felt him slide the water wand into him and slowly turn on the water. Seth rubbed Gus’ stomach and then turned the water off.  He slipped in a small plug and then helped Gus get in the tub. He stepped in behind him and sat down first. Gus sat between his legs and Seth pulled him tightly against him. His hands were busy stroking Gus as his mouth worked its way along Gus’ shoulders.  As Gus felt the sensations build, with the water on the inside of him as well as the outside he found himself losing reality. He wanted to stay like this forever but his body started to react to the water in his bowels and he knew he would get rid of it so it could be replaced by Seth’s massive cock.  He wanted to have Seth inside of him as long as Seth could stay. Then it dawned on him that Seth was staying the night. He wondered how long he could take it. He planned to find out.



John wrapped his arms around Tony as they stood naked in the bedroom of the little cottage.  He wanted to touch every inch of his husband’s magnificent body. “I have missed you so much.”


“Oh, mi amore.” Tony sighed as John began to massage Tony’s bud. Tony pushed back against it and felt it sink in.  “God, John, I want you. I will be right back.” Tony went in the bathroom. While he was gone, John heard a vehicle.  When he looked out he saw Gus in his truck, drive past the bedroom window. Tony came back out with a small bag. “Did I hear a car?”


“It was Gus.  I hope nothing is wrong. Now, I think I had my finger up that gorgeous ass of yours.” Tony pulled out a bottle of lube.  This should heat things up, if you know what I mean.”


John saw it was a heating lotion.  The faster they moved the warmer it would get.  He expected them both to be in flames in a few minutes.  John coated his dick and then covered Tony around the rim before he pressed inward. Soon both men were beyond reality just in the feel of each other.


Much later as they lay in each other’s arms, they talked about their children and how fast they were growing and just before drifting off John commented, “Gus never came back.  I hope he and Shelby are alright.”



Gus had emptied himself  and now he felt Seth sliding in bigger and bigger plugs and then he began to slide his own cock into Gus.  It was slow and deliberate and soon Gus had taken him in, every millimeter. Gus had already cum twice in the preparation and now at the feel of Seth buried deep inside of him, he stretched backward so his head was on Seth’s shoulder and as their lips met they both came in a rush but their lips remained together.  As Seth began to move away, Gus stopped him.  


“Please, I want you to stay there awhile. I don’t want you to ever doubt my ability to take you and I want you to know how it makes me feel. They lay together joined until they fell asleep.  Sometime later, Gus woke as Seth moved out of him. “I love you, Seth.” And Gus fell back to sleep. Seth removed the condom and then pulled Gus close but in a corner of his heart wondered how Isabella was tonight.  


At  5:30 a.m.  Gus slipped out of bed.  He rinsed off in the shower and then dressed and rushed home.  He quietly entered his house and crawled into bed with Shelby. Before she was totally awake her body was responding to his touches.  She screamed as her body exploded at just the use of Gus’ mouth and hands and when he moved over her and entered her she flipped him over and she rode him until he filled her. She collapsed on top of Gus and then reflexively bit his 

neck leaving red marks. And as she laid on him and licked the red marks she had just made, Gus came again.  Their lips met once more before Shelby rolled off of him.


“I love you, Gus. I can’t say I am thrilled with this arrangement but as long as you come home to me and make me feel so needed and so loved, I can put up with this.”


“Shelly, no matter how much I enjoy spending time with Seth, I love you.  Remember that, no matter what you hear”


“Gus, what are you talking about?”


“Oh, Shel, it doesn’t matter.  We need to get the kids up and dressed and I will drop them off at preschool.’



It was about 10:00 a.m. when Shelby left her desk to change a load of wash. She had just started the dryer when her phone  rang. “Good Morning, Isabella. How are you today?”


“Not so good. Can I bring lunch out to you today?”


“Oh, another lunch date? I take it we have something to discuss about our husbands?”


“Actually, yes.  There is something you need to know.”


“That sounds ominous.”  Shelby knew Isabella was a bit over dramatic but she had to admit she was now curious what she had to say.


As Brian and Brinn were pulling out of the driveway to visit Justin, Isabella was pulling into the driveway.  Brian didn’t like the look of that but with Brinn in the car, he couldn’t call Gus and warn him. Maybe when he left Justin and Brinn alone there would be time for a phone call.


Isabella arrived and carried in two salads for them to eat.  Shelby couldn’t read Bella’s expression. After they had sat down and started eating, Bella blurted out, “Our husbands are in love.  I heard them say it to each other.”


Shelby blinked, soaking in the words.  Gus loved Seth. Of course Gus loved Seth.  Gus never did anything halfway. If he was involved with anything Gus did it wholeheartedly.  Why hadn’t she realized it before, or had she, and just hadn’t put it into words.


“Bella, I appreciate you telling me but I think I already knew, deep down I had to know.  Gus would never be involved with someone without giving him a piece of his heart. He never has.  I guess as long as he comes home to me, and I know he loves me, I will need to be satisfied.


“Will….does he….will he always love him?  It is hard enough knowing my husband holds someone else in his heart but if his heart gets broken….”


“Bella, if Gus and Seth split it will be a mutual departure.  Gus just doesn’t hurt people.”


“How can you be so calm about this, Shelby?”


“Didn’t you tell me that sharing him was better than going without him?”


“I guess I did.  Yesterday I injured Seth and then kicked him out of the house.  I don’t even know where he stayed last night.”


“At Stone House would be my guess.”


“Stone House?”


“They have their own place on the edge of the property.  I have never been there and don’t plan to ever go there. As long as their world stays there, I can live with it.”


“I guess I am going to have to live with it,too. Seth has never loved the man before  He would fuck them. He liked them but he never loved them. Gus must be special.”


“He is, that’s why I love him so much.”



Brian and Brinn walked into Justin’s room and Brian noticed right away how much brighter he looked.  His facial expressions were not as flat as they had been. “Sunshine, you look great this morning. Of course you are always the most beautiful human I have ever seen.”  Brian kissed him and Justin’s response was instant. As the moved apart, Brian said, “I love you.”


“I love you, too, Brian.” Justin reached up and ran his knuckle along Brian’s jaw as their eyes locked.


“I’m going to give you two a little time alone.  I have a couple business calls to make. I’ll be back in about half an hour.” Brian squeezed Brinn’s hand as he walked past her. 


Brian called Gus as soon as he was out of the building.  “Hey, Pops, what’s up?”


“Any idea why your lover’s wife was going to see your wife.”


“Well, I didn’t know she would do it so quickly but Seth told me she would probably do that.”


“Gus, what’s going on?”


“Pops, Seth and I are in love.  We both love our wives just as much as we ever did but our hearts made room for each other.  I love him and he loves me.”


“Oh, Gus! What the hell have you gotten yourself into,”  Brian’s voice was soft and loving.


“Pops, Shelby …. I think she might already know.  She’s a very smart woman. We’re good.”


“Just know I’m here if you need me.”


“Thanks, Pop.  I know that. How is Dad today?”


“He is so much better already.  I know, just Brinn returning isn’t going to fix his problems but I hope it will get him home while he continues therapy.”  


“Give him a hug for me.  I don’t think I will get there today after taking yesterday off and with Thanksgiving next week, I need to get some things done.”


“Sunshine will understand.  I love you, son.”


“I love you, too, Pops.  Remind Brinn we have a date Thursday.  We are taking a road trip together.”


Brian and Brinn spent time with Justin.  They got permission to take a walk off the grounds and Justin seemed to get better step by step.  When Brian and Brinn were talking about leaving soon Brinn kissed Justin. “I’ll let you and Dad have a few minutes to yourselves. I’m so glad I’m home.”


Brian handed Brinn the keys so she could wait in the car.  Justin walked up to Brian. As his arms went around his husband he whispered, “I need you, Brian.  I want you right now,”


“Oh, Sunshine, you don’t know how much I want that but not now, not here.  I want you in our big, comfy bed where we don’t have to rush, where we can spend the night, deep inside each other.”


“At least let me taste you.  Brian, I need you to get better.” Before Brian could protest Justin was on his knees and he had Brian’s zipper down.  As Justin took him deep in his throat, Brian leaned against the door, not sure how long it would be before his knees buckled but Justin was so talented within a minute or two Brian was giving Jusitn the nourishment he had wanted.  Justin stood and kissed Brian sharing some of the salty liquid he had just received from him. Both men wanted to stay like this forever but Brian knew he had to go.


Brian gently pushed them apart.  “I’ll see you tomorrow, Sunshine.  I will do my best to … maybe they will give you a couple hours off campus and we can go home and …..”


Justin gave him another kiss reinforcing the need they both had.  “I will try to talk to the doctor now.”



As Brinn sat in the car waiting for her dad she saw Danny walking with Britt.  She watched them kiss. Their arms went around each other and it wasn’t a groping display.  It was a display of two men in love saying goodbye. She realized she was missing Zach but instead of dwelling on it she got out of the car and shouted so Danny would notice her.  He jogged over to her.


“Hey, I was going to call you when I got into the car.  Are we still on for the sleepover tonight?”


“I can’t wait.  I loved watching you and Britt.  You really do love him, don’t you?”


Danny blushed a bit, “I really do.  And I can’t wait to hear about your adventure. Why don’t you come with me right now? We can stop by your place and pick up some clothes and then we might even have time to hike to our spot if you want to.”


Brinn texted Brian and told him her plan, leaving the keys on the visor, leaving Brian alone with his need for Justin.  He knew John and Tony had left for the Lighthouse. He was glad they would be down next week for Thanksgiving and he was fairly sure Peter and Becca were coming out, too.  He was glad the cottages had been expanded with bunk beds added to each. Gus had put a crew on it earlier that summer. Now everyone would be able to stay on the grounds. This holiday season would be a true celebration of family and after today, he was sure Justin would be home permanently by then.  He couldn’t wait. He hoped Peter would take his offer, too. His business empire had shifted and, although his advertising business was still his biggest company, he now had an empire including many hotels and with Brinn wanting to start in research, Brian wanted Peter out here to be in charge of all of Kinnetik Enterprises and it would be easier for Becca and Shelby running Jenna’s Hope.  He wanted his family near him.



Danny and Brinn held hands as they walked up to the waterfall.  It was far too cold to go in the water but they had brought a blanket along and sitting on a rock they wrapped it around them.  “So tell me about Britt. Is he a good lover? Does he make your heart go pitter-patter?”  


“God Brinn, just thinking about him makes me hard.  He is so amazing. He really cares about me. He wants to make sure I enjoy everything he does and how he makes me feel…  And if it wasn’t for you, I may never have dared to be with him.”


“You would have eventually found him or someone else.”


“Tell me about your journey.”


Brinn told him about the mountain cabin and then their time in Mexico.  She talked about how happy she was to be with her mom but then how she saw more and more of her mother’s flaws and that she just didn’t have the instinct to be a mother.  She told him she was sure her mom loved her and loved Matty but she was just not equipped to raise children.


“So you have told me everything  but what put that new spark in your eyes.”  Danny wrapped his arms around her tightly and kissed her forehead.  


“Let’s save that for later.  I am getting cold.” She stood up and they started walking down the path.  “Danny, is there anything new about Hannah?”


“No, she is part of our family now.  The only thing that could change that is if a family member showed up with proof of her birth and a good explanation why they didn’t come forward earlier.  Dad is actually looking into the witness protection program. Maybe they were in hiding and using other names. It would kill Marcus, no it would kill both of them, if they had to say goodbye to her.  It would be nice to know her birth date. She has to be a year old soon. I think we are going to celebrate it on Christmas Day.”


“You love her so much.  She is a lucky little girl to have all of you.  Her mom won’t get better?”


“No she won’t.  Her brain has no activity.  It’s because of her I decided I want to be a PA.  I want to be able to help people. I want to save families the heartache that Hannah may go through but she will never doubt she is loved and she looks so much like Marcus.  Most people that don’t know the story, just figure they had a surrogate for Hannah and that she is biologically ours.”


“She is yours.  She is your sister as much as Gus is my brother.” They arrived back at Danny’s car.  “Danny, do you mind if we sleep at my house? Dad will be alone if I’m not there and he is so lonely.”


“Sure.  We’ll just stop at my place and I’ll grab what I will need for school tomorrow.”


It was only a short delay and Danny was out in the car with a bag of clothes and a book bag with school materials.


Brian was sitting in his office when they arrived.  “Hey, Dad, Danny is staying overnight. How would you like us to make dinner tonight?”


“You don’t have to take care of me, Brinn.”


“I know that, but I want to.”


Brian hugged her.  “Sure, make whatever you would like.  I remember Danny is a good cook. I have a little more work to do but I will be ready to eat in maybe an hour?”


Two hours later the three were finishing their meal.  Danny was a good cook. He had made pasta, along with a sauce and some shrimp he had found in the freezer.  Brinn threw a salad together. Brian was just happy to have her home. Things would be back to normal very soon.  Brian insisted on cleaning up and sent them to her room. 


They played video games for a while and then Danny dropped back on the bed.  “Ok, Brinn, it is your turn. I want to know about your man.”


“Zachary Chase.  He is 24 years old. He grew up in Louisiana.  He has a close knit family, at least from what I could tell.  He treats me like an adult but he knows I’m 14 and didn’t run screaming.  He was protective of me sort of like Gus but there was definitely a feeling between us that was very different from Gus, and when he kissed me…..” 


“But, Brinn, you are only 15.  It’s not like you are going to be marriage material any time soon, I mean your dads…..” 


“My dads of all people understand love and sex.  I realize I barely know him but I think there is just, I don’t know,  something….”


“I hope you’re right, Brinny.  You deserve a great man in your life.”


“Oh, I forgot to tell you.  He has some health issue. He didn’t come clean but it is some severe asthma or other breathing condition. Maybe you and I can figure out what is wrong with him.”


“Brinn, I know you are brilliant but I don’t think either of us could figure it out even if we knew more.  Have you asked him? He might just tell you.”


“I haven’t talked to him since I got home.  I texted him to tell him I made it home but I haven’t heard anything else from him.  I told him I could get him set up with a job here anytime he wanted to move here. I hope he will eventually think about it and move here.”


Danny pulled her close.  “Brinn, you deserve the best life can give you.  I know how smart you are, has always made a normal life difficult but I think that is not going to be such a big deal

soon. You will come into your own and I will always be here for you.”  Brinn and Danny talked quietly until they both fell asleep.  


On Thursday, Gus stopped to pick up Brinn bright and early.  They were going to drive to several sites today taking up a majority of the day.  They sang loudly to several songs on the radio and then Gus finally said, “So I heard there was a man in New Orleans.”


“Oh, Gussy, please don’t tell me I’m too young!”


“Tell me about him.”

Brinn told him all about Zach.  She said he was smart and kind and she went on and on.


“Brinn, you went on one date,” Gus said as he squeezed her hand.


“Daddy knew he was in love with Dad after the first date.”


“Well, actually he just fell in love with me and Pops was part of the package.”


Brinn started laughing and Gus joined in.  It was a good start to the day.



Brian went to pick up Justin.  He had brought roses homes and put pedals all through the bed and opened a bottle of non alcoholic wine.  Brian wasn’t sure what alcohol would do to his medication. All he cared about was laying with his beautiful Sunshine for a few hours, even if he wants nothing to do with sex, but after yesterday, he didn’t see that being an issue.  He just wanted to spend time with the love of his life. 


When Brian arrived at the hospital, Justin was waiting in the lobby.  “Aren’t you eager.” Brian laughed as Justin rushed into his arms. 


“Take me home.  Please, I want to go home.” He linked his arm with Brian’s and they walked toward the door.


“Mr. Kinney, Mr. Taylor needs to be back by 4:00.”  A nurse said from behind the desk.


“He will be back on time.”


“And I hope I have a lot of difficulty walking by then.” They walked out the door together.


By the time they got to the car, Justin was all over Brian.  “Whoa, Sunshine, we have all day. Let’s control ourselves until we are in our bedroom where we can do it right.”


“Brian, wherever we are, we can do it right.”  The kiss Justin gave Brian made his vision blurr.


Brian opened the door and Justin sat down.  Brian couldn’t get them home fast enough.

When the men arrived at home, Brian led Justin into the house and they walked hand in hand to the bedroom. Justin started to rip Brian’s clothes off but he wasn’t going to have anything to do with that.  He slowly undressed Justin and then undressed himself and together they laid down on the bed covered with rose petals. They touched and kissed. It had been so long. Brian couldn’t stop looking at how beautiful Justin was, although he was skinnier than he liked.  His hand traced around each of Justin’s nipples and then moved to his navel before moving even further down. His hand tenderly took Justin in his hands.


“Sunshine, you don’t know how much I have wanted this.  I have wanted to feel you deep inside of me. Please, Justin, I want you.  I promise I will make love to you for the next three hours but right now I want you.  You are in control.” Brian positioned himself with his chest on the bed and his ass in the air.  


Justin moved behind him. “I am in control, Brian.  I will be better soon. I really will.” With that he moved and entered Brian. Justin began to move quickly and as tears rolled down their cheeks, they both knew everything would be alright as long as they were together and their family was safe.


They did spend the entire day in bed.  They talked about their kids and their friends and family.  And in between, they loved each other. By the time Brian brought Justin back to the hospital, he was walking ‘funny.  As Brian walked him to his room, Justin’s mood took an obvious downturn.  


“Brian, I don’t want to stay here.  I want to go back home.”


“Oh, Sunshine, it won’t be long before you can stay home. They want you here  while they back you off the medications. Brinn is home now. You only need to worry about yourself now. I promise,  we will be here everyday until you can come home for good.”


Justin clung to him until Brian slowly extricated himself from his grip. “I love you, Sunshine.  I will see you in the morning.”



Gus and Brinn had talked all day and now they were about an hour from home.  They would be back in time for dinner. Gus looked at his little sister who was now a young woman. “Brinn, I think I need to tell you something.”


“And what would that be, big brother?  That you don’t know how you lived without me around to bug you?”


“Well, that was a benefit, actually but, Brinny, this is serious.  First, you know how much I love my family, right? Shelby, Taylor, and Gage, even Gabriel, will always be my first priority.”


“Well, duh!  What are you trying to tell me?”


“Brinn, I have taken a lover.  I never meant it to happen but it just did.  You know I have always liked men, too, and I guess the urge just got too much but I have…. You know Seth and Isabella?”


“Yes.”


“Seth and I are in love. We both love our wives but we both need each other, too.”


“Gus, does Shelby know?”


“Yes, she knows.  I would never hide that. Not when our emotions got involved.”


“Well, I wasn’t expecting that but are you happy, Gus?”


“I have never felt more complete. You know that little Stone House on the edge of the property? That’s our place. Do you understand?”


“Of course, I do.  I will always love you, Gussy but I have to admit, Zach is kind of my first guy now.”


“I hope you get exactly what you want, Brinn.”



The next week was a blur.  Soon it was Thanksgiving morning.  Tuck had to go pack to Pittsburgh so Jenn was now staying at the main house and Peter’s family as well as John’s family were comfortably staying in the cottages.  Everyone was going to eat at Gus and Shelby’s. Brenda had arrived there early so she could help Shelby with all the food.  


Jenn found Brinn sitting in the living room with a far away look.  She dropped down next to her granddaughter and put an arm around her.  “What put that unhappy look on your face?”


“Grandma, Zach isn’t responding to my texts and he won’t answer my calls.  Do you think he has found someone else? Maybe what I thought we had was just a silly girl’s imagination. Grandma, I know I’m young but I love him.”


“Oh, Brinn, maybe he is just out of cell range.  Maybe he is with his family somewhere. By the way, Happy Birthday.” Jenn kissed Brinn’s cheek. 


“Thanks, Grandma.  I’m glad you’re here.  My mom did call. I think she is really in love with Calvin and I think he will be good for her.”


“It would be nice if your mom could find some happiness.”


“Ya, she deserves that.”


Soon Brian arrived at the house with Justin who was so happy to be home.  He had been given an overnight pass so he would get to spend the entire day with his family.  There was no better medicine for him and they had been told if this went well he may be able to stay home permanently.  He had come so far so fast since spending time with Brinn and more time with Brian.


Justin sat with Brinn and his mom for a long time just being ‘normal’ and when Justin excused himself after Brian had gone to their bedroom.  Brinn looked at her grandmother and started to laugh.


“At least we will never doubt those two love each other.” 


“Brinn, you may have not been raised in a traditional home but you were raised with more love than any child I know.”


“I realize that now, Grandma.  I was foolish but I am glad I got to know my mom and now I understand why she couldn’t raise me.  And I think Daddy realizes now I needed to get to know her, too. Grandma, I should tell you about Zach.”  


Brinn told Jenn about Zach Chase as Justin walked into Brian’s arms.  “I hoped you would come but thought you might want to stay with Brinn and your mom.” Brian said as he pulled off Justin’s shirt.


“I needed a dose of medication and you are the best medicine now that I am thinking straight again.” 


Brian walked behind him and reached around and undid Justin’s pants.  As the pants fell Brian noticed faint scars on Justin’s back from the day he took him to the hospital. Brian first traced them with his finger and then his tongue.  He then continued to work his way downward and soon his tongue was probing Justin’s willing bud. Justin’s body began to tremble at the feel. Brian stopped for a moment and threw the pillows on top of each other on the bed. 


“Lay down, Sunshine.” Justin lay on his stomach with the pillows below his hips positioning them at a good angle.  Brian continued to lick and probe, reaching between Justin’s legs, he began to stroke Justin’s straining cock, tracing the pulsating vein along the bottom of it. He began to whimper at the sensation.


“What do you want, Sunshine?”


“I just want you.  I want you now!” Brian placed his hands on the bed on either side of Justin’s shoulders and slowly moved in and then began to stroke methodically. Brian pulled them both up so they were on their knees near the center of the bed. Brian couldn’t hold back now.  He began to move unrestrained as the need overpowered both of them. Justin’s head rested on Brian’s collarbone as the kissed and then Brian slammed into him once more and both of them emptied themselves. Brian continued to stroke Justin, not wanting to break any of the connection they had.


“I’m sorry, Brian.” Justin said softly near Brian’s ear.  “I don’t know…”


“You don’t have anything to apologize for.  You are getting better and that is all that matters.”  Brian turned him so they were face to face. “I would wait for you forever. Sunshine, you know that, right?  I will always be here for you. I should have gotten you help before it came to….” his hand found one of the scars and traced it.  “I am so glad you are home. I guess we better get ready so we can go to Gus and Shelby’s.”


“Do you think they will let me stay home now?”  Justin asked, unsure of himself all the sudden.


“As long as you go to therapy I am sure you’ll be able to.  I promise to keep you healthy! I will never let it go that long again if you need help.”  Brian put a foot on the floor and then assisted Justin off.


They started to dress and Brian looked at Justin, “Are we ready to have a daughter who is dating?”  he reached over and straightened Justin’s collar.


“Our baby is grown up, almost.  Last night laying in that lonely bed I started thinking about 15 years ago.  You found out you had cancer and you were so sick. I was so scared…. I didn’t know if you would be here to help me raise her. I could never have done it without you.”


“Well, you didn’t have to and I can’t imagine how Gus would have turned out if it wasn’t for you.” Brian kissed him once more.  “We better get out of here or,” his hand moved down to Justin’s ass, “I will get distracted again.”


They walked into the kitchen where Brinn and Jenn were drinking a cup of coffee.  Brian put his arm around Jenn and Justin pulled Brinn close. “Let’s go show the world how thankful we are.”


“I can’t believe you are 15 today. And I am so glad you know what you want to go back to school for.  Next week I will help in anyway I can. I love you, Brinny, so much. I’m sorry I made you so miserable that you thought you had to …”


“Daddy, I wasn’t miserable because of you.  I love you. I always have but, well, now I know why you didn’t want me with Mom.  I mean, I’m old enough now but when I was younger I wouldn’t have been able to handle it.”


“Let’s go,” Brian helped Jenn on with her jacket  and grabbed his own.  


By the time they arrived, John and Peter had arrived  with their families. Molly,Tyler and the kids were walking in the door.  And then another car pulled up. It was Dan and his family. Danny had driven over himself, having plans with Britt later. The house was loud with kids and adults laughing and talking.  Justin started counting chairs at the table and people in the house.


“It looks like we are still expecting at least two more people. Is some of Shelby’s family coming?”


“I’m not sure.” As Brian said this the doorbell rang.   Shelby rushed to the door and opened it. Seth Grayson was standing there.  “Shit,” Brian said under his breath. “Shelby has more balls than most men.”


“What?” Justin looked at Seth and then Brian.  “I’m not surprised she would invite the Graysons, although I don’t see Isabella here.”


“Well, they had a spat about a week ago.  Seth has been staying in that little Stone House on the edge of the property.  Gus had fixed it up.”


“Well, that was nice of him. Seth seems like a nice guy even though I haven’t gotten to know him that well. Do you think they will get back together and why does Shelby have balls?”  As Justin spoke, Gus walked across the room and Brian watched him take every step. Gus hugged Seth. It wasn’t obvious that there was more between them then a friendship but Brian could see it.  The caress Gus gave to his neck. Shelby joined them and kissed Seth’s cheek and then Gus pulled her close to him and kissed her. Brian thought Gus said, ‘Thank you.’ as he pulled her close.


The food was set out on the counter.  With over twenty people they decided it would be easier to set it up buffet style.  As moms and dads helped the younger kids fill their plates there was another knock. Justin took Gage’s plate from Gus so he could go answer it.  Shelby handed Taylor’s plate to Brinn and went to the door with Gus. As they opened it, Gus was shocked to see Isabella standing there. 


Before Gus could say anything, Shelby spoke, “Bella, I’m so glad you made it.  We just started going through the buffet.”  


Gus leaned over and kissed her cheek. “Isabella, neither of us…. I don’t want you to be angry at him because…”


Seth walked up behind Shelby and stepped around her.  He reached out and touched his wife’s cheek. “I’ve missed you.”


Shelby gently took Gus’ hand and led him back to the crowd while Seth stepped outside with Bella.  “Bella, please, I love you. I always have. I don’t know what is different about him but that hasn’t changed my feelings for you.”


She reached up and touched the small line about his eyebrow.  “Are you alright?”


“Yes, no permanent damage.  I will still be as stupid and hardheaded as ever.”


“Seth, please just be honest.  If you are done with me, let me know.  We have always had an honest relationship.  That can’t change.” Seth pulled her into his arms and kissed her.


Soon they were in line to fill their plates and joined everyone at the table.  The food seemed never ending and the wine flowed freely. As people left the table the wine continued to flow.  Brian couldn’t leave Justin’s side. It was so good to have him back and he had him all night.


Justin watched Gus play with his children.  “Brian, do you ever realize how different our lives would have been if you hadn’t…. God, why am I thinkimg of that.  I just wonder if we would be living here and I know out babies would miss having their papa around.”


Gus and Seth were standing beside each other in the kitchen.  To most of the guests it looked like a couple buddies hanging out but Justin happened to look at Shelby who couldn’t take her eyes off of them.  “Brian, did I miss something? What is going on? Seth and Gus…. Shelby can’t stop watching them.”


“Sunshine,” Brian wrapped his arms around him from behind and held him close.  “Now is probably not the time.”


“Brian,” Justin’s voice came out louder than he meant it to.”What aren’t you…”


Brian quickly moved Justin away from the group.  He led him to the laundry room. “Sunshine, today is not the day for everyone….”  Brian pulled Justin close. The look on his face told him this wasn’t going away. “Justin, it isn’t the time to get into detail but  Gus and Seth are in a relationship.”


“WHAT!” Brian quickly kissed Justin to quiet him.


“Both of the wives know and as of today, it appears they are both ok with it since Shelby invited them over but the world doesn’t need to know.”


“How could he?  He has kids. He has….”


This time Brian kissed him long enough to take away his breath. When they separated this time Brian said, “Remember when I didn’t think it was a good idea that Gus get married, well at least he obviously found the right woman.  There aren’t many who would share their husband but she realizes how much happier Gus is now.”


“But…”


“Justin, we can stand back here for the next hour, which by the way could be really fun,” he rubbed his hand over Justin’s crotch, “but right now we have family to be with.  I promise we can talk later. I will answer every question then, alright?”


Justin was very distracted by Brian’s hand.  His knees buckled a bit, “Yes, please stop or don’t stop until we’re done.”


“Papas? Where are you, Papas?” Gage peaked around the corner just as Brian managed to move his hand up to Justin’s arm. “There you are!”  He ran at Justin who swooped him up where he was kissed and hugged by both of them.


Justin looked over at Brian and kissed him. Taking his hand he led him out of the room, “You’re right, it’s not that important. Look as this love.”


They scanned the room. Seth and Izabella had gone home to have a quiet place to talk. Brinn and Danny sat by the table playing games with some of the kids.  Hannah was asleep on Dan’s lap and Marcus sat close with his arm around his darling. As the wine continued to flow more couples snuggled up together and, as the sun began to set, some leftovers were pulled out and people started nibbling.  No one noticed a car pull up outside and when the doorbell rang Shelby looked over at Gus. It was just dark enough they couldn’t see who was at the door. Tyler happened to be standing nearest so he walked over and opened the door. Rather than someone coming in Tyler disappeared out the door.


“What the hell are you doing here?” Tyler patted the new comer on the back. “Brinn asked if I had heard from you because you hadn’t responded to her texts.”


“My phone broke somewhere in Colorado.  I’ve been driving a day and a half. With just a few hours of sleep.  I probably look horrible and smell worse and,” he stopped to cough. 


“You Ok,”


“Ya, I think I’m just tired.  I got to the property and just drove until I saw the house with all the cars.  Please tell me Brinn’s here.”


“She is. I am sure you are welcome. This is Gus’ house.”


Zach began to cough again.  He took a deep breath and composed himself.  


Tyler opened the door.  “Hey Brinn, look who stumbled upon our party.”


Brinn looked up and her breath caught. “ZACH!  Oh my god,” her chair tipped as she ran to the door.  “Oh, Zach.” Just as Brinn reached Zach’s side Tyler noticed Zach was swaying and as Brinn reached his side, Tyler caught him as he collapsed. Brinn screamed.


“Lulu, Happy Birthday,” and Tyler shut his eyes.