- Text Size +

Chapter 2 


As Brinn walked to Gus and Shelby’s, she texted Danny that it was a go to meet this afternoon.  Danny responded that maybe it wasn’t a good idea. Now Brinn called Danny who picked up, “Tia”


“Danny, you don’t need to say a word but you are driving me into town at 3:00 today.  If you don’t want to meet Jamie today that is fine. I will just talk to him and if he agrees, you can just say ‘hi’ before he has to leave.


“But Tia, he is gorgeous.  I have been looking up his pictures online and he is so far out of my league.  He is with beautiful men and women all the time. Why would he want…”


“Danny, you are one of the cutest boys I have ever seen. And I know you aren’t a virgin but in a lot of ways you are.  The first time you want to do it has to be very different then…. Danny?”


“I’m here.”


“You know I would never do anything that would hurt you, right?  If you want to back out, fine, no harm, no foul, but if you can make love with a beautiful man like Jamie, I think …. Well your hangups may get a lot fewer.”  Silence. “Danny, I love you.”


“I love you too, Tia. See you at the party.” He paused and then said, “Tia, I’m really lucky to have a friend like you. Oh, and I will come up with a reason to go to town and you volunteer to come along.”



Brinn arrived in time to see Shelby throw Gage at Gus and run to the bathroom. “Am I glad to see you.  Please take your nephew. Taylor is over there,” he pointed toward the living room. I need to go check on Shelly.


“I knew it.  She’s pregnant isn’t she?”


“Yes, and she has really been sick.  Could you call Dad and see if he can come a little early?” With that he disappeared into the bathroom.  Brinn was fairly sure she knew what her dads were up to so she called Brenda instead.


“Well, Brinn, to what do I owe the pleasure of your call.”


“Miss Brenda, I hate to ask but would you be able to come a little early?  If you want to bring one or both of the kids with you, I’ll watch them.”


“What is going on, Brinn?”


“Don’t tell Aunt Molly or Uncle Tyler but Shelby and Gus are going to have another baby and Shelby is really sick.”


“Alright, darling, I will try to be there in an hour or so. Do you know what she was still working on?”


“I think she was trying to finish the cake. It’s baked but not all decorated.”


“You tell them not to worry.  I will be there.”


“Thanks, Miss Brenda. I know that will make Shelby feel better.”  Brinn started a movie for the kids and then went and knocked on the bathroom door. “Is there anything I can do?”


Gus was on his knees next to Shelby and was holding her hair. Shelby was crying and throwing up all at the same time.  “Shelly is worried about getting the cake done. Is Dad coming?”


“Oh, I didn’t call him because I know what those two are doing but I did better than that.  Miss Brenda will be here in an hour.”


“Oh, thank you, Brinn,” Shelby looked up at her before turning her head to the toilet bowl again.


“Brinn you’re a genius!”


“Well, ya I am. I do have an IQ about the same as Stephen Hawking.”  With that she walked over and kissed Gus’ forehead and then the back of Shelby’s head.  “I got the kids.” 


“I love her!” Shelby said as she tried to sit on the floor for a minute.


By the time Brenda arrived, Shelby was sitting by the counter sipping water. “Oh, dearry, what kind of decorations did you have planned for this child’s cake?”


“She just wanted it pink and fluffy.” 


“I can do pink and fluffy.  You go take a nap and let that wee one rest and I will have this ready by the time the company arrives.”  


Gus walked over and hugged Brenda, kissing her cheek, “If I wasn’t madly in love with my wife and family, I would be all over you, woman.”


“You silly, boy,” she swatted at him.  “Get your wife in bed so she can sleep for an hour or two.”


“I’ll be down in time to get the grill ready.”  


By 2:30 Brian and Justin had arrived and Brinn got a text from Jamie saying he would be there by 3:00.   She quickly texted Danny and he said he was on his way. When he arrived he came to the door, “Hey, Tia, can you come into town with me.  My dads were in charge of buns and I accidentally sat on some of them.”


Brinn nearly doubled over laughing and Brian and Justin had to laugh, too.  “Dads, we will be back by 4:00 or 4:30. That’s early enough isn’t it?”


“That’s fine, Brinny.  It shouldn’t take you that long,”  Justin said as he walked to the and gave Brinn a kiss while he threw Danny a warning look. 


“Come on, Brinn.” Danny rushed her out of the house.  “God, I am so nervous!”


“Sat on the buns?” Brinn smiled at him.  “It works!”  


“So I will drop you off at the store and then I will go get buns while you talk to Jamie.”  Then when I come back, if he agrees, I can meet him before we go back home.”


Brinn reached across the seat and touched Danny’s shoulder.  “Relax, Danny, there is nothing to worry about.”    


As they entered town Brinn got a message he was parked in front of Wine and Design.  As Danny pulled up behind it. As she got out and walked toward the building Seth and Isabella, the new managers, were coming down the stairs.  She had met them briefly earlier that week. “Hi,” she smiled at them. “I just need to get a couple things from Gus’ office.”


Isabella smiled back, “Do you need a ride back to the vineyard?  We can wait.”


“Oh no, Danny will be back in a few minutes. He has to pick up something and will be right back.  Have you met Dan and Marcus, yet?”


Seth had walked up, “Marcus stopped in the other day but I haven’t met Dan yet.”

“Well, Danny is there foster son and my best friend. We will be there in a little while.”  She was trying to rush them because she saw Jamie peeking around the corner. As soon as the vehicle had moved far enough away, Jamie strode out.


“Well, pesky little Briinn Taylor-Kinney, you have grown up.” He looked appreciatively at the very attractive young woman.  “So how many guys have your dads buried in the backyard so far?”


“Well, I almost lost my best friend last night and that is why we are here.”  She unlocked the shop and they entered, going straight into Gus’ office. Jamie looked at the pictures of Gage and Taylor.  


“They’re cute.  I always knew Gus would do well.”


“He definitely has.  Now, let’s talk about Danny.”


“You definitely have me interested.”


“Oh, Jamie, Danny deserves so much and he just can’t get over his rape. He really just needs someone to show him he is worth spending time with, that he is worth loving. And Jamie, he really is.  Please, tell me you will spend a weekend with him and show him what it is like to love and be loved. Jamie, I know you had trouble with your dad and Danny ran away from his because of their cruelty.  They mentally did a number on him.”


“So when are you thinking about doing this and where?”


Brinn told him about the LIghthouse Inn they owned now and showed him some of the amazing pictures of the place.  “Well, I am taking off the first two weeks of August because one of my bandmates will be on his honeymoon. Do you think the first weekend in August will work?”


“Let me check,” Brinn looked at availability at the LIghthouse for that weekend.  The lighthouse portion itself was available so Brinn put in their family code and reserved it.  The suite at the top was perfect and she would stay in one of the lower rooms. It would give her a chance to spend time with Matty and Jonna.  And, she really missed John. She could always talk to him and she really did need to talk about what she was going to do with her life.


“Ok, we will make it work.  I just have to con our dads into spending a weekend somewhere so they send us to John and Tony.  “Jamie, a very sweet guy is depending on you. You will have to be willing to take as well as give.”


“Brinn,” Jamie pulled her close to him for a hug.  “You are a really good friend.”


“And just remember, if you decide to hurt him, we will bury you and your career.”


“I got it, Brinn.  Best behavior. Do I get to meet this special young man?


“He’ll be here in a minute.  Maybe the two of you should exchange numbers and then maybe you can get to know each other a little in the next few weeks.”  Brinn was fairly sure he was waiting outside so he texted him and told him to come in.


Danny came in and entered the office. Jamie was pleasantly surprised.  He was a good looking young man. He looked shy but when he smiled at Brinn, Jamie could see the affection they had for each other.  He walked over and offered his hand and Danny shook it.


“Nice to meet you, Danny.  Brinn and I have been talking and I would love to spend the weekend with you the first weekend in August.”


“Really? I…. I hope I don’t disappoint you?”


“Danny, you can’t disappoint me.  I would love to spend the weekend with someone who might just become a friend.”


“Jamie, did Brinn tell you…”


“Brinn told me you had a horrible experience and I really hope I can help show you there isn’t anything to be afraid of. Would you like that?”


“I would,” Danny said quietly.


“Well, I have to get going.” He handed his phone to Danny.  “Put your number in.” Danny did and handed it back. “I’m going to try to text you a question every day just to get to know you.”  Jamie started toward the door but stopped by Danny and put a hand behind his head. Slowly he moved his head closer and then with the softest touch imaginable, Jamie’s lips brushed against Danny’s.  He brought his mouth up to Danny’s ear while his hand skimmed the front of Danny’s shorts and then he was gone.


Danny stood there with a glazed look on his face.


“So what did he say?”


“He said he couldn’t wait to taste all of me.”


Brinn wrapped her arms around his neck and Danny lifted her off the floor and spun in circles.  The next moment, they were kissing and Brinn pressed against his body. She could tell he had an erection.  “You like him.”


Stepping back and ignoring her comment Danny asked,“How are we going to talk our Dads into going away?”


“I think it is time for the four of them to go away on a playdate.”


“That just might work. And we both know how happy and relaxed they are when they get home from a weekend like that.”


“The only problem I see with this is I’m the only one not getting any action that weekend! I mean I’m not looking for sex but a little adventure with someone would be nice.”



By the time they arrived, the party was in full swing.  She was afraid Isabella or Seth were going to have said something already.  As soon as they stopped she made a beeline to Gus, “Gussy, you asked me to stop at your office.  Please, back me up. I promise it was nothing bad and I’ll explain later.”


Justin saw Brinn go talk to her brother and wondered what she was up to but before he could talk to her, Gage was putting sticky fingers all over his legs, “Papa, up pees. My burfday?”


Justin snuggled the little boy and kissed his neck, “Before you know it you will get a cake and you already got your present.” He pointed out at the playset in the yard. Tyler was out there with Paul and Jenna.


“I play, papa.” 


“Alright, big guy. Let’s go.” Justin got Shelby’s attention and she nodded in acknowledgement as he walked out the door.


Gus looked at his sister, “Brinn, what are you up to?”


“Now is not the time to tell you and it might not even come up but if it does…”


“Ok, but we will talk later.  I owe you one for helping out this morning.” He kissed his sister’s forehead.


“You know you can always call if Shelby needs help.”  Brinn moved away and was soon standing in the kitchen where several beverages were set out.  She poured herself some ice tea. She felt a presence behind her. Turning around, Seth stood behind her.


“So, Bella and I talked on the way over and decided not to say anything about seeing you this morning. I won’t lie for you but if we don’t get asked we won’t say anything. I just have a feeling … well there was the older guy skulking around the corner that I recognized as Jamie right away. You know him? I have sung at a few events where his band was singing too.”


“Gus used to sing in the band with him. Thank you for not saying anything.  I promise we weren’t doing anything bad.”


“It would be great if he could sing at Wine and Design sometime.”


“Um, Seth, I wouldn’t line that up just yet.  Actually, I wouldn’t ever line that up.” The look Brinn gave Seth told him all he needed to know.


“Ok, they didn’t separate on good terms.”


“Something like that,” Brinn thought this new guy didn’t need to know all of the family history the first couple weeks.  “Can I get you something to drink?”


“Sure, I’ll take a glass of white.  Who would have dreamed I could get a job and have all the free wine I wanted.”


Soon the grill was started and Dan and Brian were in charge of cooking it.  Danny and Brinn walked out and Brinn winked at him as they walked up to the grill, “Hey, Dad, it is so good to see you have a day to relax.”


Danny picked up on it right away, “Ya, Dan, you really have been working hard.”


“I have the perfect idea!  I think the four of you deserve a weekend away.  Maybe you could have a Mexican get away. Or maybe you want to go up to Vancouver.  I bet Daddy would like to see some of the galleries up there.”


Brian and Dan looked at each other, “Dan, I think they are trying to get rid of us and after yesterday, I am not sure that is going to happen.”


“Dad!” Brinn started and then sighed, “Well, I guess you could send us both up to the Lighthouse.  Tony and John would be around and I would get time with family.”


“Why do I feel like we are being conned?”  Dan looked at Danny, “What are you up to, Junior?”


“You and Marcus work so hard and you have both gone through so much lately, with the adoption and all, that you deserve time away.” Danny said this with all sincerity. “Plus, think how happy it would make Justin and Marcus.”  


“Brian, your daughter is rubbing off on my son and I am not sure if I like it or not.” he wrapped an arm around Danny’s shoulders. “Junior, I do agree that Marcus could use time away.”


“I have an idea,” Brinn started.


“I am sure you do,” Brian chuckled.


“Let us plan a trip for the four of you.  You tell us if you want to go north or south and we will plan a perfect getaway for you.”


“Come back in 10 minutes and we will give you an answer.”  Brian said as he shooed them away.  


Brian moved close to Dan and rested a hand on Dan’s ass.  “I am not sure what they are up to but I love the idea of a long weekend of the four of us.  Maybe we can surprise the guys.”


“I know Marcus could use a distraction.  I love the idea.” Dan leaned into Brian applying pressure to his fly.  “Where should we go?”


Brian leaned into Dan’s hand and rolled his eyes, “Damn, who cares as long as they have a very large bed.”


“Let’s go north.  It will be cooler and naked in front of the fire….”


“Oh, god, yes.” Brian caught Brinn’s attention and just nodded. “I’ll put her right on it.” He kissed Dan and then took a step away.


Justin and Marcus watched their husbands from the play area.  “What do you think is up with those two?” Marcus asked as he helped Gage up the steps to the slide.


“It doesn’t bother you, does it?” Justin smiled at Marcus.


“No, not really.  I know he will come home with me and I know Brian would never leave you. They are definitely up to something.”


“And as long as we are included, I don’t care.”  Justin moved around and after catching Gage down the slide he kissed Marcus.  “We will definitely be included in the fun.”


After Brinn got the nod, she texted Jamie and said it was a go. She would talk to Brian later and find out what plans she needed to make.


Molly was talking to Isabella about their next decorating project while Gus and Seth were getting to know each other.  Seth seemed distracted as he watched Dan and Brian by the grill and realized their husbands were watching from the other direction.


“I am starting to pick up on a little flexibility around here,” Seth said as he sipped his wine.


“Well, my dads will be together until they are buried in the same grave but Dan’s been a part of their lives for years. Dad, Justin, wasn’t always comfortable with Dan because he always though Dan had a thing for Pops so they kept it strictly as friends for years. But once Dan fell in love with Marcus they all enjoy a night now and then together and it seems to work for them.  But all four of them had to agree. It’s not like they do it every weekend. It’s a holiday and they have all been drinking.”


“Bella and I did a little swinging back in the day but that just didn’t work with me being out on the road. I love her far more than the fun I had a night here and there.”


“I know what you mean.  I love Shelby so much no matter…. Never mind.  How about we do a number or two after dinner before the fireworks.”


“I didn’t bring my guitar,” Seth responded disappointedly.


“I have a few around. You can have your pick.”


“You played in a band once, right?”


“I did but I was a kid and, well, I just needed my family due to an accident and Jamie went on with his band.”


Well that confirmed what Brinn had told him, Seth thought.  Gus Kinney fascinated him. He wasn’t sure why. Maybe it was just his talent and charm.  His dads did a good job with him. 


All the side dishes and drinks were spread on the kitchen island and Brian called to everyone as he carried in the meat. Justin walked up behind Brian at the kitchen island and rubbed against him.  Putting his hands around Brian’s waist he caressed his fly, :”What are you and Dan up to? Marcus and I were watching you cuddle up.”


Brian turned around and pulled Justin close, “Are you jealous?”


“Brian, you know I’m not when you are doing it in front of me.  But I think Marcus is a little shaky. Not that he is worried about you two but his heart is still healing. He wants a baby so bad. It is so obvious when he is with Gage or Jenna and Taylor.  I wish we could help them with that.”


Brian lowered his mouth to Justin’s and Justin melted against him.  Brinn walked up to her fathers and pushed them apart. “Really? A little decorum here.” Justin kissed Brinn and rushed off to help Brenda move some food around.  “So it’s a go?” Brinn asked Brian softly.


“Canadian Rockies or Vancouver. Big beds, hot tubs…”


“Dad, if I don’t know what you and Daddy like, who does? Friday night through Sunday night?”


“Perfect.  I’ll call John…”


“Don’t bother, I will take care of it and I bet John will check with you.” Brinn turned toward the food and saw the line was almost gone.  She took Brian’s hand, lacing her fingers with his, and brought him to the line with her after they made Brenda go ahead of them.  


Everyone sat around the kitchen and dining room eating burgers and salads and chips.  Shelby and Gus sat with the kids between them but Shelby was looking more peaked again.  All of the sudden she leaned over to Gus and then rushed up the stairs. Justin stood and sat in the chair she just vacated.


Gus stood up, “I was hoping we could make this announcement together but,” he looked up the stairs, “Shelby has morning sickness.  Well, it is really all day sickness. Or any time of the day. We are expecting a baby sometime near Christmas but in the meantime, if this keeps up like it did with Taylor, we might need a little help around here. Brenda has already agreed to come a couple days a week if Molly can give her up.”


“Of course.  We’ll work up a schedule and with Isabella here now, I can work from home part of the time.”


Everyone was buzzing and volunteering to help.  Molly turned the kids over to Tyler and went to check on Shelby.  It was decided they would wait a little while for the cake. Hopefully, Shelby would be able to come down later.  Molly came down later saying Shelby was napping and would be down in about an hour.  


Brinn took Danny’s hand and slipped out the back into the garage.  “It is all set. Well, our trip is. Now I just have to plan our dads trip to Canada.  Jamie said he had already texted you.”


“He did but I haven’t  read it yet. I haven’t been alone.” Danny pulled his phone out and looked at the text.  


Brinn positioned herself so she could see the screen and she read it out loud. “Hey, Danny, I am looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Don’t be scared.  You can be a little nervous but I promise you will be in control.”


“God, I am scared to death!  What if I freak out? What if...What if I can’t get it up?”


“You didn’t have trouble getting it up when he kissed you today.” Danny turned bright red. She turned so she was between his arms and put her arms around his neck. “It’s not like it is the first time I have felt a hard on.  I think I was still in diapers once when I jumped on my dads.” She brought her lips to his and kissed him lightly. “I’m game if you want to practice kissing in the next few weeks. It will be good practice for both of us. Someday I’ll maybe have a chance to try it out on someone who actually likes me that way.”


“Brinn, I’m sorry, I’m not…”


“Oh Danny, we are way past that. I love you but I know it isn’t like that.”  She jumped back as the door to the garage opened from the house and Marcus came in.  


“Oh, I didn’t know...”  it was obvious Marcus was stressed.  


Brinn handed Danny his phone and kissed Marcus on the cheek as she went into the house, shutting the door behind her.  Should she tell Dan? She would give them a few minutes and then tell him.


Danny walked over to Marcus and put his arms around him.  Marcus clung to this young man he thought of as a son. Danny placed his hand on the back of his head and pressed it on his shoulder, “It’s alright, Marcus.  What can I do?”


Marcus tightened his grip a bit so Danny held him close. Marcus’ whole body trembled.  “Danny, it isn’t that you aren’t enough but I want us to have a baby. I want to damage my own child as they grow up.”  Marcus laughed a little. “I’m sorry. Did I interrupt something with Brinn?”


“No, we just needed a break from the noise and the kids. We had just gotten here.”


“I love you, Danny.  You know that, right?”


“Of course, I do.  Without you and Dan I would have probably killed myself by now or been killed on the streets.”


“You deserve so much, Danny.  If we can give you only a small amount of what you deserve.”  Marcus kissed Danny’s cheek. “Thanks for listening to me. I just had seen all those beautiful babies in there and….”


“Dad, you would make an amazing father.”  He kissed Marcus’ cheek and stepped away. “I am sure Dan is wondering where you are. Do you want me to send him in or hold him off?”


“Just tell him I’ll be there in a couple minutes.”


Danny saw Dan looking around. He walked up to him and put his hand on his shoulder, bringing his mouth to Dan’s ear he said, “Dad will be alright.  He just needs a few minutes. Love him extra tonight.” Danny kissed his cheek and walked away.  


Seth and Gus sang several songs with Tyler joining.  Everyone clapped as they finished song after song. Seth and Gus played off of each other very well.  They seemed to know what the other one was going to do next. When they had finished Gus lead the way to his music room upstairs.  Seth looked at his collection of guitars. “You could have gone a long way in the music business,” Seth said over his shoulder as he looked at a concert poster.


“I was going alright but I really didn’t enjoy the tour life.Yes, I could have had sex with a different person every night but  that isn’t me. You have done well from what I have seen.”


“We are similar that way.  I hated being away from Isabella and writing music was more my thing.  I still like to do shows now and then and I sometimes go away for a couple nights but that’s my limit.  Maybe sometime you can come with me. I have a couple of those coming up this fall.” Seth took the time and told Gus about the music events.


“If Shelby is feeling better by then I would love to go. Text me the dates if you’re serious and I will check into it.  Do we need hotel rooms or do they have it lined up already.”


“They will have a room for me set aside.  If there isn’t another room free we can just share mine.”


“Seth, I feel like a kid.  It has been a very long time since I have had a ‘boy’s weekend’.



The rest of the evening there was birthday cake and then fireworks as the kids slept on adults’ laps.  Shelby had come down in time for both. Dan and Marcus had hired the fireworks company and they were being shot from their place so Gus’ house was the perfect viewing spot. As the fireworks started, Shelby sat on Gus’ lap while Marcus’ had a sleeping Gage in his arms and Taylor was sitting in Brinn’s lap on the deck steps.  Dan was standing behind Marcus with his arms around both him and Gage. He nuzzled Marcus’ neck, kissing it gently.


Danny sat next to Brinn while Molly and her family, along with Seth and Isabella stood and sat nearby.  Seth had his arms around his wife but he caught himself glancing in Gus’ direction. He hoped he got to know him better.  Gus would love the music weekend and everyone there would love having him there. He had talent.


Once the fireworks ended, the party broke up.  Children were put to bed and Brenda told Shelby she would be there in the morning and clean up the leftover mess and could help with the kids if she was needed.  


Gus put the kids down and then found Shelby curled up in bed.  This pregnancy was very different than the first two. Although she was affectionate with him, she just didn’t have the energy for sex. It had been a couple weeks already.  He kissed her and went to take a shower. He stood under the hot stream and stroked himself, needing to find relief. He thought about Shelby but then his mind wandered to the days activities.  He really liked Seth and he was so talented. He remembered the way their voices harmonized and the next thing Gus knew he climaxed so hard his knees nearly buckled. After a moment, he finished rinsing off and then stepped out to dry off.  ‘I guess if I have a little crush on him is a harmless thing. He’s a happily married man’. He crawled into bed and spooned up against Shelby, placing his hand on her stomach. As he drifted off, he thought again, ‘He’s a happily married man’ but then again so was he.



Dan held Marcus close as he kissed him. They had made love slowly, speaking terms of endearment and love throughout.  Now Dan looked deep into Marcus’s eyes, “What can I do to make the pain go away, Red? How can I make you happy again.”


“Oh, Darling, I just have to realize we are never going to have a baby in our lives.  I’m trying to realize it is what it is.”


“Oh, Red, I will try more adoption agencies. I will do anything to make you smile.”


Marcus brought his lips back to Dan’s and he let him know what he wanted as he turned his back to Dan and Dan took it from there. Danny stood at their bedroom door for a moment.  He couldn’t hear what they were saying but the love he could hear just from the tone reminded him how much he wanted a relationship like that someday. He went to his room before he felt like a voyeur.  As he laid down in bed, his phone pinged. He expected a goodnight from Brinn. Instead it was Jamie, ‘Goodnight, Danny, relax and I can’t wait to be very gentle’.


Before Brinn could text him he forwarded the message he just got and added, ‘will you help me so I don’t seem like an idiot?’


Brinn had seen her dads head to bed with ‘that look’ in their eyes.  Of course, her dads had that look most of the time. At least as she got older they had kept it in the bedroom most of the time. As she entered her room she checked the message.  She had to smile. ‘Of course, love you’. She thought a second and added, ‘you are never an idiot’. Instead of going to bed she went to her computer and started planning the trip to Canada.  An hour later she crawled into bed. She had reserved a Presidential Suite for them. Each of the bedrooms had a California King bed and deluxe bathrooms. There was a private swimming pool and spa, both heated and usable year round. She would run it past her dad tomorrow but she was sure she had done a good job.  

Now all she had to do is figure out what she was doing that weekend.   



The next three weeks Shelby seemed to be feeling some better but she was always tired.  She figured it could be because she had two little ones besides the one growing inside her.  Brenda had been there almost every morning and Brinn would spend her afternoons with the kids. They had a small party for Gage but he was fine with that because he got his cake and he had his favorite people there.


Dan and Brian loved Brinn’s choice for their trip and they were making plans for some activities out of the room.  They had finally told Justin and Marcus they were going on a trip. They all knew they wouldn’t need a lot of clothes but they were told to bring clothes for fall so they would bring something warmer. They would be leaving in the morning.  Brian had decided that taking a commercial flight would work fine for this trip. Dan and Brian had discussed the kids getting to the Lighthouse and they decided Danny could drive them. He was a safe driver and Brinn, well, Brinn was Brinn.  They would find their way there just fine.


Jamie had continued to contact Danny a few times a week with kind words and sexy comments but not over the top to scare him.  Brinn started to worry that Jamie might not have been a good choice. She remembered that he could be arrogant at times and if he said or did anything to hurt her sweet Danny….  He needed final details, too. She left the house and went to her studio saying she was going to get a small artist kit together so she could paint the vistas.  


Brinn called Jamie’s number. It was late afternoon, so if he had a gig last night he should be awake.  “Come on, Jamie….” she said as the phone rang again.


“Hey, Gorgeous.  I figured you would be calling.  How’s our boy? Primed and ready to have the best sex of his life?”


“That is the Jamie I don’t want showing up this weekend.  If you are going to act like an egotistical asshole, I’ll break him and tell him you can’t come. No one fucks with my friends.”


“You are a Taylor-Kinney, aren’t you,” Jamie laughed a little.


“I will treat Danny the same way I treated your brother, I promise.  If he was older, he might be someone I was really interested in. Brinn, I know I can be an asshole and I know I was, especially the last time I saw Gus.  I hope I didn’t cause him too much trouble with his wife.”


“They dealt with it.”


“Is Gus ever, has he been with men, that you know of?”


“I don’t know that much about their sex lives, Jamie.”


“I know, but knowing you, you would notice a tension.”


“I don’t think he’s got a man on the side, although, I think it might do him good. He loves his wife and kids but sometimes he has a look in his eyes.”


“Do you think….”


“You stay away from him.”


“I will.  And I will treat Danny the way he deserves.  I feel bad about what was done to him. He gave me a lot of the details.”


Brinn than went into details.  She told him that they would meet him and he could hide in the back of the vehicle so John and Tony didn’t see him.  “I know they would recognize you and they would want to know what was going on. If I have to I will tell them but if we can pull it off, I won’t.”


“Are they still as gorgeous as ever?”


“Stay away from them! If you think for one moment…”


“Oh, Brinn, I can look without touching. I mean all the time I was with Gus I could picture both your dads….god, they are beautiful. One time I caught them…. Sorry, I’ll shut up.”


“It’s nothing I haven’t heard before.”  Brinn wrapped the call just as Justin walked in to her studio.  “Hey, Daddy. Are you ready for your get away?”


Justin walked over and hugged her.  He took her hand and he sat in the big armchair pulling her next to him.  He really wanted to put her on his lap like he did when she was little but he didn’t want to push it.


“Brinn, what’s up? Are you and Danny….I don’t even want to think this but are you….”


“Of course we’re not, Daddy. I am always honest with you.  We have kissed a few times. Danny is so worried he will be terrible at kissing and that’s where everything else starts. I wish I could do something for him but practice kissing, which I must say I don’t mind at all, is all I can do.” The smile Brinn gave Justin made him very nervous.


“Brinny, I know you understand sex.  You couldn’t grow up with us and not be exposed but, sweety, would you like to talk to someone?  I mean I am sure I could find someone for you to talk to or I am sure Becca would love to talk with you.”


“Oh, Daddy,” she climbed onto Justin’s lap and for a moment he thought she was going to cry. “I know so much and yet don’t know anything but I think I will figure it out.  If I need to talk, I promise to let you know or talk to Shelby or Aunt Molly. I hope you and dad have a fun time with Uncle Dan and Marcus.”


“Does it bother you that we go out with them?”  He tried to word it carefully.


“Daddy, your sex life is none of my business and you are adults so if you want to have other partners… I am glad it is someone I know cares about both of you and that you really care about.  If you just went out with strangers, I don’t think I would like it much.”


“Brinn, did we raise you right? I mean, are you glad you grew up with us? Did you miss having a woman in the house all the time.”


“Well, I wish Mom could have….”


“You know we couldn’t have her in your life.  She was dangerous!” Justin was instantly upset.


Brinn got up and walked over to her supplies and started putting them in a bag.  


“Brinn, sweetheart, your mom,” Justin began, but when he put his hands on her shoulders she shrugged away.


“She would never hurt me, Justin.  I’m her child.” Justin was shocked at the bitterness he heard in her voice. The only other time she was close to this mad was when they had Tina put in jail. He stepped away. 


“Brinn,” Justin started but her back was so stiff he decided it was better to leave. “I’m sorry, Brinny.”  Justin walked into the house and looked around. “Brian?”


“I’m in the bedroom.”  Brian called.


Justin walked in the room with a glazed look on his face and fell into Brian’s arms. He didn’t say anything but he hung onto Brian for several moments.


“Sunshine, what is it?”  Brian held onto him. “Weren’t you talking to Brinn?”


“Brinn is really upset.  She just went off on me. Maybe we should cancel this weekend.  I think we need to talk to her.”


“Oh, Justin, what was it about? Do I have to ask?”  He shook his head. “She’ll get over it. If she keeps pushing it we may have to figure out something again.  And if it makes you feel better, when I took her into town this week she bought tampons so that is probably what part of the problem is.”  Brian kissed him, “You finish packing and I will figure something out for dinner.”


“I was just planning on pizza. We have everything to make one.”


“Ok, Brinn and I will make it.  I will try to talk some sense into her.”  Brian went into the kitchen and started pulling out ingredients, making a little sausage to put on top.  


Brinn walked in the door, head down. “Hey, Brinny, Why don’t you come and help me make some pizza.”  


“I don’t really…”


“Come here, Brinny.”


“Daddy talked to you already didn’t he?” Brian opened his arms and Brinn ran into them.  She sobbed loudly as Brian pulled her close. He let her cry for a few minutes. He finally picked her up and had her sit on the counter so they were eye to eye.


“Brinn, he didn’t tell me much, ,just that you were upset and I deduced it had to do with Tina.”


“My mom!  She’s my MOM! I miss my mom.”  Brinn started sobbing and Brian held her close. He didn’t try to say anything else. He held her and kissed her head.  After a few minutes Brinn pulled back and grabbed a napkin to blow her nose. “I don’t know why I’m such a mess today.”


“I think part of it is the fact that you are, well, do you have your period?”


“Ya, that is probably part of it.  I hope you have a good time away.” Brian noticed Brinn shifted her eyes down.  


“Brinn, what is it you aren’t telling us?”


“Well, Dad, do you trust me?”


“I do, Brinn. You know what is right and wrong for you and I have to say, since you have your period, I think I can trust you even more,”  he laughed.


“Dad, you do realize I could have sex even though I am menstrating.”


“Oh, Brinn, please don’t go there with me.”  He shivered making her laugh.


“What are we having for dinner?”  Brinn diverted the conversation and Brian let her.  


They would talk about all this when they got back. Maybe a little time apart was what they needed. Maybe he would need to talk to his lawyer and see what options they had with Tina.  He hated it but realized it may have to be done. The worst part would be talking to Justin. This was not going to be easy on any of them.


As Brinn and Brian assembled the pizza, they talked about anything but what happened out in the studio. After they put the pizza in the oven, Brian looked his stunning daughter, part child, part adult.  He was afraid the next couple years were going to be rough but they’d make it, he hoped.


Brian tilted her head so he could look into the fierce, intelligent eyes.  “I think you know what you need to do. I don’t know what happened or what was said but I think you might have a couple things to say to that man who would do anything to make you happy.”


“Everything but let me see Mom,” she said bitterly.  “I know,” she said softer, “I know he loves me and thinks he is doing what is best.” She stood on her tiptoes and Brian bent to accept her kiss.  She then turned and walked toward the bedrooms.


Justin had finished packing.  He also had filled a bag full of toys.  He held the old ping pong paddle which had been the first punishment toy.  They had padded it with a small towel. It was still one of Justin’s favorites and rather than putting it in the bag he set in on the nightstand.  He needed that tonight.


“Daddy,” Brinn’s voice was soft and unsure.  This was a tone rarely heard from her. “Daddy, may I come in?” She didn’t wait for an answer and stepped into the doorway but she didn’t go any further.  “I apologize. I shouldn’t have yelled at you.”


Justin looked at his daughter, so much like him.  Neither did anything halfway. It was all or nothing which made their love so strong but their disagreements so explosive. Justin didn’t say anything but moved away from the bed and opened his arms.  Expecting her to run into his arms, he was surprised when she walked slowly into them but as his arms went around her, she clung to him.


“Brinny, I’m sorry I upset you.” It had all happened so fast Justin wasn’t actually sure what he had said to trigger her explosion. He kissed her forehead.


“Daddy, I meant everything I said, but I’m sorry how I said it.  I’m not sure why I blew up. I didn’t know I was holding it in.” She pressed her head against Justin’s chest.  “I love you and Dad. I could never have lived without you.” She almost added, like I had to live without my mom but now wasn’t the time.  She held onto him tight for a minute. She just felt like things were changing. She was becoming a woman, and not that her dads hated women, but they didn’t understand them.


After enjoying dinner together, Brian talked to Gus, making sure he had all the travel information,  and then Brian and Justin got ready for bed. They were leaving very early in the morning to get to the airport on time.  


Justin went to Brinn’s room.  “Sweetheart, we are going to bed soon. Is there anything you need from us before we leave?”


“No, Daddy.  I’m fine,” Justin hated feeling any distance between them.  They had been so close all her life but now he just didn’t know how to talk to her.


“Brinn,  I…..”


“I hope you have a great time.  Marcus needs a good distraction and I think you could use one too.  I am sure you have Tony and John spying on us. Don’t worry, Danny wouldn’t fuck me if I begged him. No one around here likes girls.” She took a deep breath, “I’m going to shower. Have a good trip.”  


“Brinn…” Justin started as she shut the door in his face.  He walked into the bedroom and dropped onto the bed next to Brian..


“What did she do this time?”


“Can we just go away and come back when she is 18?”


“Come here, Sunshine,”  Brian pulled him into his arms.  “Remember when you used to blow up at your mom because she was the one person that would always love you, no matter what?”


“Remind me to send her flowers tomorrow,” he curled into the heat of Brian’s body.  “Baby, please….” he reached over and picked up the paddle he had left out earlier. “I just need a distraction>”


“But, Justin, we have the plane ride tomorrow.  You can’t be….”


Justin straddled  Brian’s pelvis and ground his cock against Brian’s.  “You know if I feel it all day, I am going to be so horny by the time we get there.”


Brian groaned, “Oh, god, you are ….. Let me go say goodnight to our teenage monster.  You stick whatever you want to take up there before I redden that perfect heart shaped…”  Brian decided if Justin was going to be primed tomorrow, he was not going to cum tonight so he would be ready for everything tomorrow night.


Brian knocked on Brinn’s door, “ WHAT!” Brinn’s voice sounded.


Brian had only got really angry with Brinn a couple times in her life but she just set him off. He walked in and shut the door behind him and then he walked to within an inch of Brinn and said, “I don’t know what the fuck is wrong with you today but your dad does not deserve the shit you are giving him.  You better learn some manners while we are gone or I promise you, I will make your life miserable. I love you more than you can imagine but I will not let you treat either of us this way.” He kissed her cheek and walked out.


Brinn wasn’t sure what had just happened but she had never seen her dad so mad.  She threw herself on bed and sobbed.


A half hour later, Justin’s ass was stinging worse than it had in a long time and Brian was sound asleep on the bed next to him.  He wasn’t sure what had happened in Brinn’s room but he had never seen Brian like this before. He knew Brian would never hurt Brinn but he hoped she was alright.


As Brian and Justin left in the morning they found a note slid under their door.  All it said was ‘I’m sorry’ Justin looked at her door but Brian led him toward the kitchen.  In a few minutes they had four travel mugs of coffee and were heading out to Dan and Marcus, who were waiting in the drive.  After putting their bags in the back Brian and Justin slipped into the back seat and they were on their way.



Gus woke early and rubbed his hand over Shelby’s stomach. His hand moved downward and he found her warm damp center.  It had been so long. Since she wasn’t getting sick anymore he had been trying to get her interested but she just wasn’t.  He kissed her neck as he felt her getting wetter.


Shelby turned over and  Gus took one of her breasts between his teeth and nibbled on it before going to the other.  Gus slipped into her and as he got into a rhythm he realized she wasn’t coming along with him.  He slowed and kissed her, bringing a hand to her breasts but he couldn’t stop. His body took over and soon he had cum while she lay there below him.  


“Oh, Shelly, I am so sorry.  I just couldn’t….” he brought his hand between her legs and started to stroke her again.  But she reached up and patted his face.


“I’m the one who should be sorry.  I …..”  


“Mama, where are you?” Gage’s little voice came from down the hall.


“I better get…”  Shelby started but Gus got up grabbing a pair of shorts and pulling them on.  


“I’ll get him.”  Gus left quickly and Shelby could hear him through the monitor.  “Hey, son. Your timing was pretty good this morning, not that your mother was enjoying herself.”


Shelby curled up in a ball and sobbed.  What was wrong with her? She loved Gus.  Why didn’t she react to him. Her heart did but she just couldn’t get her body to cooperate.  This pregnancy was just so different. After the morning sickness lessened she thought things would go back to normal but it had been a couple weeks now and, if she was honest, she had to fight her impulse to pull away from him.  Maybe it was time for Gus to have a night out again, but what if he didn’t come back?



Brinn was quieter than normal as Danny drove toward the Lighthouse.  After 20 minutes Danny pulled over into an overlook. He turned and looked at Brinn, “Are you going to tell me what’s wrong?  Did I do something? Did Jamie cancel and you didn’t dare tell me?”

 

Brinn was a little surprised and then softly smiled at him, “I’m sorry, Danny.  It’s just me. We should be hearing from Jamie in about half an hour. I just had a fight with my dads last night.  I was an ass and Dad was so mad….” her bottom lip began to tremble. Danny reached over and she fell into his arms. After a couple minutes Brinn separated from Danny and with watery eyes she smiled up at Danny.   “Let’s go get you laid.” She kissed him quick and hard and then laughed. “This is going to be the best weekend!”