- Text Size +

Chapter 6


Marcus and Justin were drinking coffee and watching Gage and Taylor building towers with blocks.  “I wish someone would call,” Justin said as he watched his grandchildren. “Gus said he would call if he wanted me to come into town and Brian and Dan haven’t called.  Damn, this is killing me.”


“Damn, Papa,”  Gage repeated.


“For a little boy who doesn’t like to listen, he sure heard that,” Marcus chuckled. 


Gage ran up to Justin who lifted the little boy onto his lap, “May I have a cookie please, Papa?”


“Me, too”  Taylor walked over and crawled onto Marcus’ lap.  He snuggled her close for a second as Justin handed each of them a cookie.  “Papa, I want to see Mama.” Taylor said as she laid her cookie on the table. “I miss her and daddy. Where are they?”


“Your daddy should be calling me soon and then I hope we can go see them.”


Marcus heard his phone playing Dan’s ringtone on the counter so he set Taylor on his chair and walked over and picked up his call from Dan.  “Hello, Darling, is everything alright with Danny?”


“Yes, I am so proud of him. He and Brinn did an amazing job. It was a family and the man was dead on the scene.  His wife is in surgery right now and the real reason I am calling is, they had a baby with them. She looks about eight months old but she needs a home until they find family.  Are you ready for a baby in the house for a few days?”


“Oh, Dan, of course. Poor little thing.”


“Her name is Hannah.  The police are working on locating relatives.  We may only have her a few hours but it could be a few days.”


“Bring her home, Dan.  Let me know when you’ll be here.”


“What was that all about,” Justin couldn’t quite figure out the conversation.  


“The  accident Danny and Brinn stumbled on had a baby in the car.  The father is…..didn’t make it,” he said looking at the children, “and the mom is in surgery.  Until they find relatives we are going to have an eight month old in the house.”


“Oh, no.  Poor little one and our kids were there. They dealt with a lot today.  We better keep an eye on them.” 


Justin’s phone pinged from a text.  It was Lindsay. She would be landing about 3:00 this afternoon.  “I love Lindsay, but I really don’t have the energy to deal with her in the house.  Hopefully, she will stay at Gus’ place. I have enough to deal with right now.”


Gus arrived at the hospital and was so happy to see Shelby had color in her cheeks.  He was told that she had been awake for a couple seconds but then she fell back to sleep.  “Hey, Shelly, I’m here, honey.” He kissed her cheek and he felt her squeeze his hand,


Shelby’s eyes fluttered open and a slight smile crossed her face.  “Hi Gussy.”


“How are you?  Are you in any pain?”


“I’m sorry, Gussy.  I’m so sorry about the baby.”


“Oh, Shelly, it wasn’t your fault!  If it was anyone’s fault it was mine.  You didn’t want to have sex but I pushed you into it.”  


“Gus, I love you.  I will always love you.”  She tilted his face up and he moved to kiss her.


“I love you, too, Shelly.  Your mom is planning to come down tomorrow and my mom will be here this afternoon. I haven’t heard when you will come home but our moms can help with the kids.  Dad has them right now but Brenda is on her way there now to take over so he can come in.”


“How are they?”


“Dad says they miss us.”


“You didn’t sleep there last night?”


“No, I didn’t want to be that far away from you so Seth and Isabella let me sleep in the guest room so I was only five minutes away.”


“Ah, Gussy, you didn’t have to…”


“Yes, I did,” he laid a hand very gently on her now empty stomach. 


“Gus, can we have more children?”


“The doctor said we could but we need to wait a while so you can heal thoroughly. And if you want another one then, I would love to have another baby with you but if you don’t want any more, we have a perfect family.  We don’t need to decide today.” He kissed her and when he started backing away she put her hand on his head to keep his lips on hers a few more seconds.


“Excuse me,” the doctor has walked in without them noticing. “It is nice to see you awake and looking so good, Shelby.  How are you feeling? How’s the pain?”


“It isn’t too bad thanks to the meds.  How long will I be here? Can I see my children?’


“Well, if you continue to improve, you may be able to go home tomorrow but you are going to need help with your kids for a while.  You will not be able to lift them for a couple of weeks for sure.”


“One of my mother in laws is flying in right now and my mom is coming.”


“So are you telling me you have four in-laws?”


Shelby smiled, “Yes, I do.”  She tried to stop it but she yawned and then cringed.


“I think you need more rest.  Gus, if you want to stay with her that is fine but sleep is the most important thing now.  Tomorrow morning we will see if you can go home or if you will need another day here.” Gus shook the doctor’s hand and she left.


“Gus, go spend some time with the kids.  Come back after your mom arrives and she can be with the kids.  I am going to call my mom and tell her to wait. I will be fine and I will need her next week when Lindsay goes back home.”  Shelby stopped talking and teared up again. “We are going to need to give our son a name. Did you see him?”


“No, I was planning on go see him when one of my family was here.”


“I was thinking about the name Gabriel.  What do you think?”


“Whatever you choose is fine, Shelby.  I like Gabriel.”


“Now, I am going to play with Taylor and Gage until they go down for a nap and then I will come back around dinner time.”  He kissed her and by the time he moved toward the door she was sleeping.


Gus walked out into the hall and as he went out the front door he was nearly knocked over by a blonde tornado.  “Oh, Gus, I’m so sorry.” Brinn hugged him tightly. “How is Shelby?


Gus wrapped his arms around his sister and held her tight.  “She will be just fine, Brinny, but am I glad you’re here with this hug.”  


Brian came up and hugged him, “How’s Shelby?”


“Physically,  she is much better.  Mentally, obviously she is hurting.  They doctor hopes she can come home tomorrow but right now she needs to sleep and asked me to go home to the kids for a while. Brinn, do you want to ride with me.  I could use the company. Pops, do you know where the kids are?”


“I think they will be at your place.  Brenda and Justin brought them there a bit ago.” Brian pulled out his phone, “I think he was about to come into town.  I will let him know we are on our way out there.” Brian looked at his children, They were both hurting right now in very different ways. “Brinn, you ok?”


“I’ll be fine, Daddy.” She turned to him and hugged him.  “I want to go play with Taylor and Gage for awhile, OK?”


“I think that is a good idea,” Brian responded.  He thought the kids might be good for her right now and he could talk to Justin about the condom.


“You two go ahead.  I will head to the vineyard and your dad and I will be there in a little while.”


Cus put an arm around his sister’s shoulders and they headed to the car.



Dan and Danny were both loaded down as they walked to the car.  Dan carried the car seat with a sleeping Hannah, and had a diaper bag on his other should while Danny carried a box full of baby supplies the Department of Social Services representative gave them.  There were diapers, clothes, food, and toys. As Dan snapped the car seat into place, he looked at the perfect little girl that looked so much like his husband and wasn’t sure if he wanted family to be found or not.


“Marcus is going to flip for her.” Danny said softly.


“I warned him it was just temporary but yes, he will love her at first sight.”  Dan hugged Danny. “Let’s get the both of you home.”


They had been on the road for about ten minutes when Dan realized how quiet Danny was.  “Junior, are you alright? I mean you saw a dead body today and worked to save another very injured person.”


“That was pretty wild.  I wish I would have known better what to do.  Brinn is so smart about everything.”


“Danny, don’t sell yourself short.  From what I was told you did amazing.  You kept your cool. You did everything right and you remembered that old Sat. phone.  I was thinking about getting rid of it but it is going to stay right where it is.”


“I got the feeling that Hannah's mom isn’t going to make it.”


“Yes, I got the same  feeling. Well, they will need to track down family.”


Danny was again quiet.  After a couple minutes Danny spoke softly, “Dan, I had sex this weekend, a lot of sex. It was wonderful.”


Dan reflexively slammed on his breaks and pulled over. “You and Brinn had sex this weekend?  Brian and Justin are going to be…”


“No, Dan, I would never have sex with a 14 year old girl!”


Now Dan was really confused.  He started driving again and pulled into the deserted parking lot of a closed business just a short distance away.  “I’m listening,” Dan said calmly as he turned to this young man he considered his son.


“Brinn set this all up, not that I am blaming her.  I knew what was going on.” Danny went on to tell Dan about Brinn calling Jamie and that they had spent two beautiful days in the top of the Lighthouse. “I’m sorry I lied to you but, Dad,”  Danny didn’t even realize he said Dad instead of Dan, “I’m not scared anymore. Jamie was gentle and caring and we were safe. I know he is too old for me to be involved with but now I know why everyone enjoys it so much.” he hesitated, “You know what I mean.”


“Did John and Tony know about this?”


“No, well, they found out just last night when we heard about Gus and Shelby.  Tony stopped by the room and found us. Please, don’t be mad, Dan. I feel so much better than I have in a very long time.”


“I’m happy for you, son.  I wish you hadn’t lied but I understand why you did.  Marcus and I had tried to figure out how something like that could happen but if we were involved  they could have taken you from us. The three of us will need to talk about this but right now, let’s get this little one to Red.


“Dan,” Danny said softly.  “I called you dad earlier, didn’t I?”


Dan smiled, “Ya, you did and you know what, I liked it. You  know just because you turn 18 pretty soon, you aren’t getting rid of us.  You are stuck with us. I don’t care if you do reconnect with you blood family.  You will always be a Reed in my mind.”


“Thanks, Dad.  Maybe after I turn 18 I can officially become a Reed, if you will help me.”


“There is nothing I would like to do more.”


Both Dan and Danny rode in silence the last few miles.  Dan did ask Danny to text Marcus and make sure he was at home. As they pulled up, Marcus was waiting for them.  He had a stroller sitting by the door already. He moved toward the SUV before it stopped and hugging Danny as soon as he opened the door.


“You Ok?”  He asked Danny as he saw a smudge of blood on the sleeve of his T shirt.”


“I’m fine, Marcus.  Go look at our houseguest.”  By now, Dan had walked around and stood next to his husband as Marcus opened the door and saw Hannah for the first time.


“Oh, Dan, she has...she is….she’s perfect.” Marcus reached in and carefully undid the straps on the carseat.  He gently reached in and lifted the sleeping child pulling her close to his chest. “Poor baby. How is her mother doing?”


“I plan to call once we get in the house.” Dan and Danny carried in the supplies they had been given.  Marcus carried his precious package up the steps and into the house. Dan and Danny followed him in and set down their bundles.  


“I’m going to go shower.  I just realized how muddy and dirty I was.


Dan walked over to him and hugged him, “I hope you know how proud I am of you always but today, you and Brinn, were beyond amazing.”  He kissed him. “I bet you are hungry by now. I will put together some sandwiches or something after I call the hospital.” Danny turned and went to his room while Dan called the hospital and found out Diane, that was her name,  had made it through surgery but was unresponsive at this time.


Dan looked at Marcus cooing over the baby as he called the police department in charge of  locating family. He was told they had not been able to find out anything so far. He planned to start digging himself soon but first he planned to kiss his husband he looked so adorable holding that baby.  He put his arm around Marcus and let his hand slide to his ass. He kissed him pushing their pelvises together. “It looks like we will have this little one for a while anyway. I better go find a bed for her.”


“You don’t have to.  Once Justin turned the kids over to Brenda, he brought over the cradle Gus and Shelby had.  He figured they wouldn’t want it out when Shelby arrived home anyway. It may be on the small side for her but it will work for a few nights.  If we find out it will be longer we will get something for her.” Dan couldn’t stop staring at how beautiful they were together.


“You haven’t been out with a woman named Diane a year or so ago have you.  She looks so much like you.” Dan slid behind Marcus and pulled him close as he kissed his neck. “She is beautiful. We both need to remember that this is temporary.”


“I know, darling, but I can enjoy it while I have her.”


Dan moved to the kitchen and started making some lunch for them, “I agree.  Oh, by the way, we need to talk about our son. He and Brinn had quite the weekend.”  At that moment, Hannah looked up at Marcus and smiled and nothing else mattered at that moment.



Brian arrived home to find Justin alone.  By now, Brian had about 15 minutes in the car alone to think about that condom he had seen fall out of Danny’s bag.  “Where’s Brinn?” Justin asked.


“She is with Gus at his house by now I would guess.  She is going to need some snuggle time with you. She had a bit of a meltdown on our way home which she deserved.  Those kids were amazing, taking control of the accident scene until help arrived, but it is what happened this weekend we need to talk about.  Brinn started panicking when she realized she had blood on her. I just unzipped the first bag I saw and pulled out a T shirt. Well, it was Danny’s and along with the shirt I pulled out for her to put on a condom fell out. You don’t think they…..do you?”


“Danny is a teenage boy.  He’s actually the age I was when we met.”


“Is that supposed to make me feel better?  You were as big a horn dog as I was. You couldn’t get enough.”  Thinking about it, Brian pulled Justin tightly against him. “God, I loved you from day one.”  He kissed him as he ground his pelvis against Justin’s.


When they separated, Justin looked up at him, “If Danny touched her, I may have to kill him. I swear I will.”


“That was my first reaction but I can’t see Danny doing that.  He is as gay as you and me.”


“We have both been with a couple women.”


“Yes, but we didn’t have a fear of having sex.  I just don’t see it and I guess if it happened, at least we know they were safe.”  Brian kissed Justin’s neck and soon they both were distracted.


After they were nearly inside each others clothes, Justin took a deep shuddering breath.  “I think we should go and be with our kids. Oh, and Lindz is probably there by now.”


“I can tell you’re not looking forward to having her around.”


“You know I like Lindz.  I don’t know if I would have gone into art without her but… I always get the feeling she blames me for Gus leaving them and staying with us.”  Justin kissed Brian once more, “and I kind of think she thought she would always have you to fall back on but if anyone gets your back it’s me.” 


Justin headed for the door and Brian followed him.  They saw Lindsay’s rental car parked by Gus’ house and as they entered the door,  they saw Lindsay sitting on the floor with both Gage and Taylor sitting on her lap but the moment they saw Brian and Justin they came running over to them.  Brian plucked Gage off the floor and walked him back to Lindsay. She stood up and gave Brian a hug and a kiss and Brian handed Gage back to her. 


Justin noticed Gus was making snacks but Brinn was nowhere to be seen.  Justin walked over and gave Gus a hug, “Where is she?” Gus nodded toward the living room. He set Taylor down and walked around the corner.  Brinn was stretched out on the sofa. She was wearing a T shirt he knew wasn’t hers. “Scooch up,” he said and slid in behind her, pulling her tightly against him.

“I hear you had quite a day.”

 

“Daddy, he was dead.  I had to touch him to make sure,”  she turned over so she could rest her face on his chest. “But the woman and Hannah are alive.”


“Yes, Brinny, and that is because you knew how to handle yourself along with Danny’s help.”


She started saying something but instead just snuggled closer to him. 


“Did you have a nice weekend at the Lighthouse.  I hear you helped John and Tony out a lot but I haven’t quite figured out what Danny was doing all the time.”


“Daddy, now’s not the time.”  He knew she was right but he wasn’t going to wait too long to have the discussion.  He wondered if he should talk to Dan and Marcus first. After a few minutes he realized Brinn had fallen asleep.


Justin slipped out from behind her and walked back into the kitchen.  Everyone was sitting around the table. Justin walked over and stood by Gus, putting his arms around his neck.  “Hey, Gus, I can tell you are well cared for here,” he looked at Lindz and smiled, “I am going to go meet our new neighbor and see if I can do anything for them.” He walked around the table kissing everyone on the top of the head or cheek  Brian was the last person. He was sitting sideways at the table and as Justin bent down to give him a little kiss Brian pulled him onto his lap.  


“You don’t think that is going to be good enough do you?”  His lips met Justin’s as his arms tightened around him.


They both heard the grandkids giggling, “Papas, stop!”  Taylor said and then burst out into more laughter.  


Justin smiled as he pulled away, “Thank you, Taylor.  He can be such a beast.” He smiled down at Brian and wanted so much more.  He said goodbye and walked out the door. Since Danny’s vehicle was sitting there he drove that over.  He figured one of them could drive him back or he could walk back later.


As he pulled up to Dan and Marcus’ he wasn’t sure what his reaction would be to Danny.  He wasn’t sure if he was going to confront the young man or if he was going to talk to Dan and Marcus about it.  After grabbing Danny’s bag out of the back, he knocked and opened the door, not wanting to ring the doorbell in case the baby was asleep.  Marcus was sitting in a chair with the little girl in his lap. The first thing Justin noticed that she looked like his daughter. They had the same color hair and skin tone.  


Marcus smiled at him, “Hey, glad you stopped by.  I’d like you to meet Hannah.”


“She is beautiful,” he said as he took one of her waving hands.  “Hello, gorgeous. I don’t know how long you are going to be here but you are going to be loved, whether it is a day or a year.”

He kissed her soft hair and then kissed Marcus’ cheek.  “Poor little thing, She is very lucky to be here while they look for family.  How is her mother?”


Justin hadn’t noticed Dan come in from his home office, “She is still very unstable but alive. But they haven’t been able to find any family yet.  I have just started a search for myself. I have some of my contacts looking into it.”


After making sure Danny wasn’t in earshot, Justin questioned, “Did Danny say anything about what happened this weekend?”


Dan walked over and put a hand on Marcus’ shoulder and then touched Hannah’s cheek, “He mentioned something about it.”


“Brinn freaked out on the way home because she realized she had blood on her and Brian just grabbed the first bag he saw and it happened to be Danny’s.  When he pulled out a T-shirt for her to wear a condom fell out. Did our kids have sex?” Justin’s tone was tense.


“Justin, I would never have sex with Brinn, not at this age.  She is too young,” Danny’s voice came from behind him. “I… I had sex with Jamie, not Brinn.  I promise I love her but, Justin, I would never do that.”


Justin was so relieved it took him a second to realize what else he had said.  As it sunk in, Justin looked at Danny, “Did you say you had sex with Jamie?”


“Yes, sir,” he didn’t elaborate.


Justin stared at him.  “Well?”


“Justin, I think you should talk to Brinn about that.”


Justin looked from Dan and Marcus, “Are you two Ok knowing that?”


Dan looped and arm around Justin’s neck,“We haven’t had a chance to have a discussion about the weekend yet but we aren’t angry about it. And Danny feels great about the weekend so in the long run we are thankful to your mischievous daughter for doing something we wanted to plan but weren’t allowed to.”   


Justin looked from Marcus and Dan and then walked toward Danny.  He took his hands and looked into Danny’s eyes. “Thank you, Danny, for loving my daughter that much, and I am so happy for you.” He leaned in and kissed both of Danny’s cheeks.  “It’s pretty great with someone gentle and caring, isn’t it?” All the nervousness went out of Danny’s face and true joy shone through. “You don’t know this and I don’t think Brinn even knows this but Gus had a bad experience at the same age you did.  Thankfully, he didn’t get raped but it came very close and he was very nervous about having sex with a man for several years and Jamie showed him the joy of sex. I am glad he could do the same for you.” Danny impulsively hugged Justin tightly.


“Now I just need to find someone to continue having sex with!” he grinned and both Dan and Marcus cringed. 


“That is what our discussion will be about,” Dan wrapped his arm around Danny’s neck and Justin helped himself to Hannah.


“Why do I get the feeling you are avoiding your place right now?”  Marcus asked.


“You know me too well.  Lindsay is here and I love her.  She gave us Gus, and she helped my career early on but, I feel a tension there all the time.”


“Well, she will be there for Shelby when she gets home and you won’t have the kids all the time.”


“True, and I have a feeling I need to spend extra time with Brinn after their trip home today,” Justin snuggled the sweet smelling baby.  “This little one is so precious. I hope her mom makes if of course, but if they can’t find family do you think you would keep her?”


“I can only dream about that.  I won’t let myself think about that. I mean really, how many people have no family at all?”


“Well, ,enjoy her while you can,” he handed her back to him,  “Let us know if there is something you need. It doesn’t pay for you to buy things unless you know she is staying a while. Oh, Danny, could you give me a ride back to our place?”


As dinnertime arrived,  Gus went back to the hospital for a couple hours and Lindsay stayed with her grandchildren.  Justin made one of Brinn’s favorite stir fries. He hadn’t seen her eat anything since she got home this morning and she seemed to be very distant.  As the smell of garlic, orange, and ginger wafted through the house she entered the kitchen silently.


“Hey, sweetheart, how are you feeling?”


“I’m fine, she said hollowly.


“I hope you’re hungry.  I’m making your favorite.”


“I’m really not.”  The accident had shaken her up but so had everything she was hiding from her dads.


“You haven’t eaten all day.  You need to eat something. I know it’s been a rough day.  Do you think telling me about this weekend would help you feel better?”


“Why would that…” She looked at Justin and knew he knew something.


“What did Danny tell you when you were there?”


“Well, I know Jamie was there but he wouldn’t tell me anything else.  He told me about Jamie because I was afraid the two of you had sex. Your dad found a condom when he got you that shirt.”


Brinn sighed, “Someone had to help Danny get his groove back and I was the only one that could do that.”


Justin hugged her, “Dan and Marcus are very appreciative.  Danny is so happy. How did you set this all up?”


“Well, I made you four think it was your idea to go away and that Danny and I had to go to John and Tony’s.  But if I hadn’t schemed all this we would have been here for Gus and Shelby,” her shoulders slumped.


“We couldn’t have done anything and Aunt Molly was still around. Brinn, you went through more work  for your best friend than most adults would. That doesn’t mean all the lying is acceptable. Is there anything else you need to tell me?”


“John and Tony just learned about the secret last night.  They insisted I tell you or they would tell you.”


“Thanks for being honest,” Justin said as he threw the remaining ingredients into the wak.  Brinn started setting the table. Justin felt there was still something going on in her pretty head but maybe it was just the accident affecting her.


The three of them ate dinner.  Brinn ate enough for Justin to feel better but as soon as she was done she excused herself.  As soon as she got to her room she pulled out her computer and emailed her mom. She let her know she would call her tomorrow afternoon.  She said she would text her once she knew what time. She then started reviewing all the requests from college. It seemed like she got something everyday from the four front runners.  She looked over the options she had but she just didn’t know. All she could think of was Gus was probably home with his mom by now. Her daddy got to see his mom. She needed to reconnect with her mom again before she decided how to continue with her schooling.    Before going to sleep for the night she called Danny and the two of them talked for an hour. They mainly just talked about the accident and a little bit about Jamie but soon they were both yawning more than talking so they said goodnight.



Brian and Justin both dropped into bed.  “Hell, what a day,” Brian said as he pulled Justin close. 


“I have a favor to ask,” Justin said with his mouth up against Brian’s ear.


“And what might that be?”


“Just fuck the hell out of me.  Don’t talk just screw me.”


Without saying a word, Brian flipped Justin to his stomach and drove into him.  He knew his husband well. There was no slow entry, no gentle strokes. He drove in over and over until Justin cried out as his body was taken over by an orgasm.  Brian thrust in two more times before he filled Justin. He then rolled off him and Justin rolled away from him. He wasn’t sure what was going on in Justin’s mind but after 25 years he knew to let him have time to himself if that’s what he needed.  Brian turned his back to Justin and fell asleep.


The next week was a blur for everyone.  Dan spent his days looking for Hannah’s relatives while Marcus took care of Hannah.  Danny had let his dads know he was thinking about becoming a paramedic and he was researching schooling for that.  He had lots of time to do this because while he and Brinn spent most afternoons together, Brinn spent half the time on the phone with her mom.  He also started chatting with the young man from his college course and started hinting toward a date.


Dan and Marcus had a conversation with Danny, setting some guidelines about him dating.  He had 3 months until his birthday and until then he was expected to follow their rules. They would reevaluate expectations after he turned 18.


Shelby was regaining her strength a little every day but  mentally she was having a hard time. She was glad Gus’ mom had been there to take care of the children but she was ready for her mom to come for a week.  She loved Gus’ mom but she wanted her own around.


Justin had been spending lots of time in his studio.  Brian wasn’t sure what was bothering him. When he asked all Justin said was that Brinn was hiding something but he wasn’t sure what it was.  


Lindsay walked up to the veranda where Brian was sitting.  “Hey, Grandma, can I pour you a glass of the best wine in California?”


“I hope you have more than one for me,” she dropped next to him on one of the swings.  Brian wrapped an arm around her. “I know why people have kids young. I am so worn out.”


“Those two are very active. They love you.”


“I am jealous you and Justin get to see them almost every day.  I just hope Shelby can snap out of this. I know it’s only been a week yet and she had a major surgery along with the loss of that little boy.  I wish I could stay around for the little service you are having next week but I just have to get back.”


“Gus understands and he appreciates you being here.”  Brian refilled their glasses and grew silent.


“I didn’t see a lot of Justin while I was here.” Lindz said as she sipped the wine.


“He is in artist mode right now.  He is sure Brinn is hiding something but she won’t talk.   That, on top of the loss of the baby, has him unsettled. Then he goes to the studio but I have to say, when he come to bed, I am a happy man.  When he is in creative mode he takes that to the bedroom, too.”


“Well,” Lindsay turned and kissed him.  “How long has it been since you were with a woman, Bri?”


“How long ago did you and I have sex? Lindz, you will always be one of my best friends but I never have that urge and I would never do that unless Justin was with me and we both were blackout drunk. Nothing personal.  It’s all in your junk, or the junk you don’t have.” His lips met hers and the two kissed. “Do you still have the urge to be with men once in a while?”


“If I’m honest, yes.  I love Mel and would not want to be married to anyone else but once in a while I just,” She gasped as Brian ran his hand over her crotch.  This time she lead the kiss and she aggressively took claim of his mouth.


Neither of them had heard Justin walking up and didn’t realize he was there until he slammed the door as he walked into the house.  “Damn, I’ll see you in the morning. I told Gus I’d get you to the airport.” Brian moved to the house.


“Brian, are you really happy living with his drama.  Doesn’t it get old after 20 plus years?”


“Lindz, love isn’t easy and life without him wouldn’t be nearly as enjoyable.” Brian opened the door  leaving Lindsay alone with her thoughts.


Brian walked directly to the master suite and entered the room.  Justin stood with a bottle up to his lips. “Seriously, Sunshine, Lindsay?”


“You sure seemed entertained enough not to even notice me walk up.”


“We were just talking about life.”


“Oh, was she talking directly with her tongue down your throat?”


Brian knocked the bottle out of his hand and grabbed the front of his shirt pressing him up against the wall and grinding his flaccid dick against Justin’s.  It instantly started reacting to the feel of Justin’s cock against his. “Lindsay does nothing for me, Justin, but just the feel of your dick against mine, even through four layer of material, makes me hard. You know you are being ridiculous.”


“So my feelings are ridiculous?”


“When it comes to me wanting to fuck Lindsay, yes!” By now both of them were yelling.  


Out of nowhere, Justin  moved quickly and flipped his position against the wall and before he realized what was happening, Brian was pressed tightly against it.  Then his pants were around his knees and Justin’s finger was up his ass. He cried out from pain and surprise. The pain was short lived and soon he wanted so much more.  He was rock hard and when Justin reached around with his free hand and started tugging gently, it took all of his willpower not to erupt. Justin removed both of his hands and grabbed the back of Brian’s shirt and pushed him toward the bed.  Brian stepped out of his pants and moved that direction. Justin dropped his own pants as they moved. Justin grabbed a pillow and put it down and then pushed Brian over it placing his hips at the right height and without any more preparation.  In one move Justin had buried his long, hard dick all the way into Brian’s tight ass. Brian exploded. He wasn’t sure Justin had ever taken him with such force and as the pain subsided, his cock started getting hard again.  


Before he came again, Justin climaxed and instantly pulled out.  He walked away and pulled out a pair of briefs. He threw them at Brian, “Get out of here.  You aren’t sleeping here.”


Brian picked up the shorts and pulled his shirt down enough to hide his genitals as he walked out of the door and walked toward the guest room.  Brinn’s door opened and she looked at her dad. “Everything ok? It sounded like something hit the wall.”


“All is fine.  Your daddy just needs some space.”


“Are you hurt? You seem to be walking…. Never mind.”


“Brinny,” Brian took a step toward his daughter and then realized he had no clothes on below his waist.  He kept his shirt pressed tightly against his pelvis area. “What’s going on with you? You know I try to give you a little living room but Justin and I both know something is bothering you.  Is it school?”


“I’m not going back to school this fall.  I am taking some time off. Dad, can we talk about this tomorrow. Now that I know you are both alright, I’m going to bed. She walked to him and stood on tiptoes and he bent for her to kiss him.  She then swatted his bear ass. “Now, get out of the hallway, naked.”


Brian tilted her head up and kissed her once more.  “I love you, Brinn. If you have enough energy could you go tell your daddy exactly what you just told me.  Maybe that will help him calm down.” Brian turned toward the guest room. His daughter had seen his but before and probably would again.


Brinn walked toward the master but stopped.  She couldn’t face him right now. He could always tell when she was lying so she had to have everything planned before she approached him.  She loved them but she knew she had to leave. It was time for her to live with her mom.


Brian didn’t sleep as well as he usually did but he never did when he wasn’t with Justin. Brian quietly entered their bedroom.  Hopefully, Justin had mellowed overnight. He tried not to wake him as he got in bed and spooned up against him. He dropped his arm around Justin’s hip and began to slowly stroke Jusitn’s relaxed cock.


“Sunshine,” Brian whispered, “I’m sorry we upset you last night but you know I love you, and only you.  I could have had Lindz years ago. Well, I did have her, but I would never have chosen any woman. You are the only man I would have spent the last 25 year with.  I love you, no one else.”


“Are you going to continue to talk or are you going to fuck me already!”


“No, I plan to do a lot more than that. Do you forgive me?”


Justin turned and stretched his body against Brian’s.   Brian nearly devoured Justin’s mouth. Justin positioned his leg onto Brian’s hip opening himself up to him. Brian’t mouth went to Justin’s neck, allowing Justin to cry out as Brian moved into him. As they got into a rhythm, their mouths lingered and teased each other.  


As the tension grew in each of them, Brian’s pace picked up and Justin wrapped his arms tightly around Brian’s neck as the friction between them grew and simultaneously they climaxed as one. They were one, body, mind, and soul.


Justin curled up next to Brian, “Did I hurt you last night?” he kissed Brian’s collarbone and then the hollow of his throat.


“I’ll be fine.” Brian’s hand ran down Justin’s back and rested on his ass.


“I’m sorry.  I guess I was just … I feel like I have no control over anything.  I can’t make the pain go away for Gus and Brinn, I wish I knew what was going on in that brilliant mind of hers.”


“If I had to guess, it has to do with Tina.”


“Brian, please, don’t go there.  Not right now. Let’s get Lindsay on the plane and then we can deal with it. Well, then we can try to deal with it.  If she won’t talk, how will we ever figure her out?”


“Sunshine, she needs contact with her mother.  We are going to end up with a very angry teenager if we don’t let her have some contact.”


“Not now, Brian.  I can’t deal with it now.”  Justin directed Brian’s head downward and soon Brian had Justin deep down his throat and as Justin again neared release, Brian slipped his finger in Justin’s bud and as Brian’s tongue wrapped around his shaft, Brian’s finger stroked Justin’s prostate sending him over the edge.



The day went as planned. Brian got Lindsay to the airport while Justin spent time with Taylor and Gage.  Gus had to go to work for a while and Shelby couldn’t be left alone with them yet. It wasn’t allowed to lift them because of the surgery.  When the kids went down for a nap, Justin sat on the sofa and Shelby ended up with her head in his lap as he stroked her hair.


“Justin, has Gus said anything to you?” Shelby spoke softly.


“No, sweety, he hasn’t. I take it he hasn’t talked to you either.”


“Well, of course we’ve talked and we’ve cried and I am sure we will again tomorrow at the memorial for Gabriel, but it’s like we can’t connect. Of course we can’t have sex yet, and I admit, we had only had sex a couple times in the last month. You don’t think he is having an affair, do you?”


“I don’t, Shelby.  I don’t think he would do that to you.  If there was someone else, he would tell you.  You’ve been open with each other.”


“I’m just afraid…. Maybe he needs another weekend with someone.”


“He wouldn’t do that to you when you …..after what you’ve gone through.  It will take him a while, it will take both of you a while. He loves you Shelby.  I have no doubt about that. It will just take time.”


“I need him, Justin.”


“You both need time.  He’s not going anywhere.”



After the memorial for little Gabriel, everyone tried to get into a normal routine.  Shelby’s mom stayed around for a couple weeks and by the time she went home, Shelby was feeling much stronger.  Brinn spent time with her niece and nephew so Shelby didn’t get too worn out while Gus was finally back into a normal work schedule.  She managed to talk to her mom most every day and although she hadn’t told her yet, she was planning on visiting soon with or without her dads permission.  


Dan continued to look for Hannah’s relatives while Marcus fell deeply in love with the little girl.  The doctors didn’t give much hope for her mother so for now she was a Reed. Danny was anxious to start his senior year of high school while taking some college courses.  He didn’t need many more credits and after Dan pulled in a couple of favors, Danny had been accepted as a late enrollee for the paramedic program. Danny was almost as excited about the program as he was about getting to see Britt everyday.  He was fairly sure it wouldn’t be long before their relationship went to the next level and was he ready. The toys Jamie had helped him order had arrived and he was learning he could have some fun alone but he missed the physical contact he had enjoyed so much with  Jamie.



On Labor Day, Brian and Justin planned a picnic at their house.  They had bought burgers, brats, hot dogs, chickens and Brenda was taking care of the rest of the food.  People started arriving late in the morning. This would be the first time most of them would meet Hannah.  Marcus and Dan were natural parents. Of course they had fathered Danny for several years already but neither of them had raised a baby and they both were loving it.


Tyler was bringing his keyboard and Seth and Gus brought their guitars.  Soon the three were playing and singing. Justin saw Shelby watching her husband.  He walked up to her and placed an arm around her waist, “How’s it going, Shel?”


“It’s great seeing him so relaxed.  He has had so much on his shoulders.”


“How are you feeling?”  


“Physically, I am getting stronger every day.  I am almost back. The doctor says a couple more weeks of being careful but at least I can pick up the kids carefully so I can snuggle them.”  Her voice hitched as she talked about her children. 


Justin then saw part of the reason.  Dan and Marcus had pulled up and Marcus was lifting Hannah out of her seat. “I hope this doesn’t make it harder.”


“I am so happy for them.  I hope they get to keep her.  She is a lucky little girl.” Shelby turned and kissed Justin’s cheek, “I’ll be alright, Dad.” 


Brian walked up and put his arm around her shoulders, “This is quite a crew.  Gotta love our family.” He looked over at the men playing and singing. “It’s nice to see Gus relax, isn’t it?”


“We were just talking about that.  He loves his business but I think he misses music in his life.” Shelby commented, “Seth is very good.  Actually the three together are fantastic. Maybe those three need to do this more often.”


Brian looked down on her, “Maybe if you tell him that, he will.  I think he could use a weekend away. We can help you out.”


“I don’t know what we would have done without the two of you and Brinn.”


“Shelby, has Brinn said anything to you? There is something going on with her but she isn’t talking,” Justin’s worry was evident.


“I will see what I can find out for you,” Shelby smiled at him and then, as Marcus walked up Shelby reached for Hannah. “May I?”


“Of course you can, Shelby,” Marcus handed Hannah to her.  Hannah instantly reached for Shelby’s hair and as she tugged on it everyone laughed.  Shelby and Marcus walked off and found a place to sit while Justin and Molly moved off to follow the kids. Brinn and Danny were giving them rides on the four wheelers, staying on the road, moving very slowly for safety.  It was about a perfect day.  


Isabella really liked these people, her new friends. They were so accepting of everyone and she was happy watching her husband fit in with the other musicians.  The music started up as soon as the food was eaten. The little ones curled up on various laps and napped while they listened. Even Paul who was now in first grade dozed off after an afternoon of playing hard.  He was curled up next to his grandmother and soon had his head in her lap. As the afternoon drew to an end Molly and Brenda took the kids home, telling Tyler to enjoy himself as long as he liked.  


Brinn helped Shelby  take the kids home and as they splashed together in the big bathtub in Shelby and Gus’ room, Brinn looked at Shelby, “Are you tired?  I could put the kids to bed.”



“I am a little but I am much better and with your help, I would like to stay up until they go to bed.” Shelby looked at her young sister in law.  “Brinn, can I ask you a question?”


Brinn stiffened a bit, “No, Danny and I aren’t an item.”


“That’s not what I was going to ask.  Is something else going on? I know your dads are worried about you and they think it might have to do with your mom.  Are you mad at them because they haven’t let you contact her?”


“Shouldn’t I be? I know I am 14 biologically but you of all people know mentally, I am years ahead.  I have a right to be with her..see her,” she quickly changed the wording. “I miss her. I remember spending time with her when I was young.  “She’s my mom. I love her.” All of the sudden Brinn sounded her age, a sad young teen who had growing pains.


“I think Brian is talking to Justin about at least letting you communicate.  They just love you so much they want you safe.”


“That’s what they tell me too but she would never hurt me.  She just wants me to…..” Shit, Brinn thought. She said too much.  “I mean I’m sure she wants to see me.”


“Brinn, have you had contact with your mom recently?”


“Are you ready to get out, Gage?  I have your favorite dinosaur towel.” Brinn was done with the conversation but she was sure Brinn had been in contact.  Her silence said so much. Now what did she do? She needed to tell Gus at least. Brinn just didn’t realize that what is said isn’t always what gets done.


The sun was going down and the three men were still singing while Brian and Justin  talked with Dan and Marcus. Justin held Hannah as they rocked in the swing. Brian wasn’t sure why but it always turned him on when he saw Jusitn with a baby.   “Dan, has your sex life been as good as I think it has been?”


His smile said all he needed to say. He pulled Marcus close and kissed him, letting his lips start on his mouth but then move down the column of his neck as his hand moved between his legs.


“Hey, boys,” Isabella said as she walked up.  “Your property is beautiful. I grew up in a vineyard.  My father was a vintner, a very good one but he could never afford to own a place like this but I was fortunate to be raised in a similar place.”


“Please join us.  Just ignore those two as they have sex in front of us,” Brian laughed. “Can I get you a glass of red or white?”


“Surprise me.  All of your wine is excellent.” Brian poured a glass as she pulled up a chair.


“Your husband is very talented.” Justin commented.


“So are those two.  I have not seen Seth this happy in a very long time.  In a couple weeks Seth has a music festival he is performing at.  I think those two should go with him. I haven’t seen Gus look so relaxed since they lost the baby.”


“I agree with that.  Today Gus looks like, well, Gus.”   Brian commented.  


Justin lifted Hannah to his shoulder and Brian just wanted to take him right then and there. “God, you are driving me crazy.” Brian said  as he nuzzled first Hannah’s cheek and then Justin’s neck. “I think it would do Gus good to get away and I don’t think Molly would mind.”


“Tyler hasn’t had time away from work for a long time.” Dan said.  “I don’t have anything at this time for him so it would work unless we have a case come up.”


“Suppose we should ask them if they want to go or just make plans for two men I’m not sleeping with although I threaten Molly from time to time.  Tyler is just so…..”


“Marcus, you might want to take this little one before my drunk husband drops her.”


“I am not drunk.  I am just being honest.  Just once I’d like to have….” 


Isabella laughed loudly.  “I love being around gay men. Do you mind if I hold her?” She stood and moved toward Justin, lifting up the beautiful baby girl.  “I hope this little one is lucky enough to stay with you. She would be raised so well. I will change her and bring her back out.” Isabella slipped into the house.


“She is a fascinating woman and very intuitive,” Marcus commented.  He laid his hand on Dan’s crotch, “I think we should go home when she comes back out.  I have just enough energy to,” he began to rub Dan’s fly getting an instant response.  


“I think that is a good idea,” Dan purred. 


As Isabella came out of the house the music ended.  “Bella, I am sure you are ready to go home. I’m sorry we got carried away.” Isabella handed Hannah to her dads and then turned around and walked to Seth as he put his guitar in its case.  “Babe, you should invite these two along to the festival in a couple weeks. The three of you would rock the stage. You would blow them away.”


For a split second Brian noticed an odd exchange between Seth and Isabella but he didn’t know them well enough to figure out what it meant. What he did know was the look on his son’s face was worth it all. But then he saw the glow leave as fast as it arrived. “That would be amazing but I can’t leave Shelby yet.”


“Gus,” Justin came up beside him.  “Obviously, you have to talk to her but I will help anyway I can with the kids and I think it would be good for you to get away.  Maybe Molly and Shelby can have a girls’ weekend if Brenda is free for the kids.”


Tyler smiled, “She deserves that.  Maybe Isabella would like to go with them.” 


“Of course, I forgot!” Brian put an arm around Isabella and kissed her temple, “I don’t know how I could have left you out.  You three pick a place and I will get you a suite.”


Isabella shivered at Brian’s touch.  He was a gorgeous man, one she wished she could get to know sometime but she had a feeling that was not his style.  “That would be great! I haven’t had a weekend of fun for a long time.” She took advantage of his proximity and gave Brian a quick peck on the lips.  


Brian was a bit surprised but then smiled and laughed.  I love it when our family expands.”


The party broke up then.  Seth and Isabella drove Tyler home and then continued to their own place. Seth walked around and opened the door for his wife, “Bella, he pressed her against the car and kissed her long and hard. He then picked her up and through her over his shoulder.  “That was well played, my dear. We are both getting amazing weekends but right now you are going to get….” She laughed as he bounded up the stairs with her.


Gus arrived home to find Shelby in bed.  He undressed and got into bed. Shelby turned to him and he pulled her close.  Shelby kissed him once and then began to kiss him again as her hand moved downward.  As she took his cock in her and he growled low in his throat. “Shelby, please, I…..we can’t so…”


Shelby turned and offered him her back, “Be gentle but I need you, Gussy.  It’s been so long…”


Gus was hard instantly.  The thought of entering her ass nearly had him cum just thinking about it. “Are you sure?”


“Oh, yes.  Gus, I know I have not been….”


“Don’t say a thing, Shelly.  It wasn’t your fault.” Gus grabbed a tube of lube and began to rub it on her as he slowly began to loosen her bud.  He started with a finger and then two. He reached around and caressed her breasts and as he entered her, he held her tight. He sank all the way in.  The feel of her around him made his heart start to race and then he moved ever so slowly in and out as his hand stroked her breasts. They both knew she shouldn’t have a massive orgasm but as he teased her nipples with his fingers.  Soon he sped up and heard her taking several long slow breaths and then as he exploded deep in her ass he pinched her nipple hard and he felt a slight shudder run through her body and then she sighed as he kissed her neck.


“That was beautiful,” Shelby said.  “How did you know how to do that? Make me cum so ...:”


“Shelly, you’re my wife. I know everything about you, including that you are now going to turn around and kiss me long and lovely and….I love you.”  Shelby did exactly what he said she would and together they drifted off to sleep. His last thought was he would ask her about the trip in the morning but now he wanted to feel her warmth.



The weekend was all set.  Shelby, Molly, and Isabella were going to San Francisco and staying in the nicest hotel in the city.  Brian got them a suite that cost $18,000 a night. They had never seen such luxury and as the girls enjoyed their spa treatments  Gus was at Seth’s place loading his guitar and amp. Seth went in to get his duffle bag with his clothes when Gus’ phone rang.


“Hey, Tyler, we are just about to leave here. I should be there in less than 10 minutes.”


“Gus, you are going to have to go without me.  Dan just called. We have a major case and he would do it himself but Hannah’s mother has taken a turn.  He didn’t say for the good or bad but he has to go to see her.”


“Oh, Tyler, I’m sorry you’re going to miss it.  Hopefully there will be a next time. Oh and let me know if anything happens with Mrs. Glenn.”


Seth walked up and saw the look on Gus’ face.  “Was that Tyler? Did you tell him we were on our way?”


“Well, I was about to but he has to work so I guess it is just the two of us.  We will have to rework the set and take out the ones that need a keyboard.”


“That is really too bad.  You and I will just have to have such a good time he can’t miss it next time.”


“I am really sorry he can’t come but I need this weekend. It has been far too long since I got drunk off my ass and woke up with a hangover.”  Gus laughed as he got behind the wheel, “Ok, maybe I don’t want to get that drunk but just for two nights I am not chasing my kids, who I love so much I already miss them.  Instead, I am going to be with musicians. I loved band life until…”


“Until what, Gus?”


“I’ll tell you about it later.  I do need a couple drinks to tell you that story.”