- Text Size +

Chapter 8


Shelby woke with little arms and legs stretched across her.  Her heart nearly exploded with the love she had for these two and then the bang of loss hit her but when Gage’s eyes flickered open and he grinned at her she knew she had all she needed, at least for now.


“Morning, Mama.  I love you.” Her little boy crawled up and kissed her and she gave him a one armed hug.  Taylor had her arms wrapped around the other one.


“Good morning, my beautiful boy,” she whispered. “Did you sleep well?”


“I did. I sleep here all the time.”


“Well then where would your daddy sleep?”


“He can sleep in my bed.” he said innocently.


“Well, I don’t think your daddy will go for that,” inwardly she said, I know I won’t.  She felt the tingle deep inside just thinking about Gus in this bed. Tonight she planned to welcome him home several times anyway he wants!


“Hi Taytay,” Gus smiled at his daughter.  


“Hi Gage. Morning, Mama.” Shelby received another kiss.


“What do you say we call your daddy and tell him to hurry home because we miss him?” Both kids started jumping up and down as they cheered.  “Ok, you’ll need to quiet down a bit so we can hear him.”



Gus woke up to the feel of Seth’s mouth moving down his body.  As his mouth wrapped around Gus’ cock his finger glided over that magic spot. Gus’ body didn’t know if it should move against his hand or toward his mouth.  When Seth jammed his finger inward, Gus made a noise beyond pleasure. As Seth moved his finger, Gus could feel there was something on it.


“I don’t know….god, Seth, what are you doing to me?”


Seth moved away just a bit and said, “I hope it will make you a little more comfortable.  I forgot I had it with me. We can add more before we leave to make the ride more comfortable.”  Seth then moved his mouth lower again and gently sucked with no rush. Gus heard his phone vibrate.  Without missing a beat, Seth reached over with his free hand and picked up the phone, handing it to Gus. 


“It’s Shelby, Oh...I need to take this.”


“I’m not stopping you, G,” he said with a muffled voice, having Gus’ cock down his throat.


“Hey, Shelby,”


“Daddy!!”  Gus’ heart skipped a beat.  


“Hey, babies, Daddy misses you so much.”


“Come home, Daddy.” Gage called.


“Daddy, when are you going to be here?” Taylor asked.


“Oh, Sunny, I will be home this afternoon.  Is Mommy there or did you call me by yourself?”  Gus nearly cried out as Seth left his cock and sucked in one of his balls.


Taylor giggled, “She’s right here, Daddy.”


“Hey, Gussy, how’s your backside?”


“Oh….pretty good right now.” His voice was shaky at Seth’s sweet torture.


“You sure you’re alright?”


“Yes, I just woke up.  I just need a drink of water.”


“When will you be home? I really needed you last night….I mean really needed you.”


“Oh, Shelly, I….I am guessing we will be home around 3:00.  We will shower and then grab a bite before hitting the road.” Gus started panting so he wouldn’t cum while on the phone.  “I love you all. See you in a few hours.”


The kids and Shelby all said they loved him and he said the same to them. The moment the call was disconnected Gus gave into what Seth was doing to him.  Seth quickly took him in his mouth and swallowed the sweet nectar from his Gus. He knew this was the last time for them this weekend. He felt Gus’ body go from the trembling of the release, to the sobs of despair,  Neither said anything but as they held each other they heard each other’s hearts.


After showering together they began packing.  Seth brought over the numbing gel. Without saying anything he undid Gus’ fly and after putting the gel on his finger he pulled Gus close and reached around him, gently rubbing his well used bud.  Seth couldn’t resist and kissed him.


“That stuff is magic.” Gus commented.  Seth turned around and slid the tube into the side pocket of his bag.


They kissed once more at the door and the weekend was over.  From that moment on they were two musicians on their way home from a weekend at a festival.  



Brinn walked into the kitchen and found Justin drinking coffee by the counter, “Hey, Brinny, you’re up early.”


“Ya, I guess I just couldn’t sleep.” She walked over and Justin pulled her close kissing her temple and then he continued to read something on his tablet.  “Daddy…..”


“What is it, Brinn?”


“I love you.” She buried her head in his neck for just a moment and then she stepped away.  “Is Dad in the office?”


“No, he’s gone for the day.  He needed to go to the office in town.”


“What?”  Brinn said a little too loud.  “Have you heard from Gus? Is he on his way home?”


“I haven’t heard from him.  I am sure Shelby has.”


“I’m going over there.”


“Brinn, is something wrong?”


“No, Daddy.”  and she was gone.  Justin shook his head.  He just didn’t understand teenage girls.


Brinn ran to Shelby and Gus’ house.  She found them in the kitchen and before Shelby could say anything, Brinn blirted, “When is Gussy getting home?”


“Hello to you, too.  He’s on the way. I am guessing he will get here about 3:00.”


“Damn!” Brinn said.


“Damn!” Gage repeated.  


“Sorry,” Brinn said as she saw the look Shelby gave her.


“Brinn, is everything alright?  You seem kind of...Taylor, do you think you can help your brother brush his teeth?”


“Sure, Mommy.  Come on, Gage, Mommy wants us to brush our teeth.”  Taylor took his hand and led him upstairs.


“Brinn, you seem distressed.  Is there something I can do for you?”


“I…” Brinn hesitate.  “No, I think I’m just bored.  I’m going to go over to say hi to Marcus and Hannah.  Please call me if Gus will be home earlier.”


“Sure, Brinn.  Remember if you need to talk…”


“Yes, I know”


Brinn left but didn’t go to Danny’s.  He was at school and, although she would love to kiss Hannah one more time, she decided to check her supplies once more. She repacked her items.  She had gotten a new computer with Danny’s help. She wasn’t sure if her dads had any tracking software in the house so this computer had never been in the house.  She had backed up a few important things on a thumbdrive so she had what she needed. She had a small box of art supplies including some small canvases. She had her clothes and pictures of her niece and nephew as well as her whole family.  Her mom had contacted her expecting to be there between 2:00 and 3:00. Speed, Gus. Please. I can’t miss both Dad and Gussy. It nearly broke her heart that she wouldn’t see her dad before she left. She decided to call John.


“Hey, Miss Thing!  What’s up?”


“I’m just….bored.  I know you’re busy but I wanted to say hi.”


“Brinn, is everything alright? You sound funny.”


“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have bothered you.  I’m fine, John. Love you. Say hi to Jonna.  Say hi to Matty too but I know he doesn’t care.”


“Brinny, I have to go. I’m sorry but I will call you tonight after the kids are in bed and we can talk as long as you want.”


Brinn had a huge lump in her throat, “Ok, John. Talk to you then.”  She hung up and started sobbing. Why was this so hard. She wanted to be with her mom but this was her family, too.  Eventually she went back into the house and went to work on her college course. She was just sending the last paper and she had finished her first master’s class in a month’s time.  As she sent the paper in, she gave her professor her new email so she could get her results. If her dads thought of asking him questions, she would have already closed that one down.


At 2:00 Brinn got a message on her burner phone.  Her mom was half an hour away. She would notify her when she was 10 minutes out which is when Brinn would leave.  



Gus was just outside of town and he turned into  an overgrown trail he had seen before. He drove far enough so they couldn’t be seen from the road.  Without a word, they both got out of the SUV and met in front of it. They hugged and then their lips met, soft and sweet and as their tongues danced the heat between them sizzled. They finally stepped apart.  Gus pulled out his phone without a word to Seth and called Shelby, “Hey Shelly, I am almost there. I’ll be dropping Seth off in about five minutes so I should be home in twenty minutes.”


Gus barely stopped long enough for Seth to get his guitar and amp out of the back.  Gus waved as he pulled away. He needed to see his family.


Shelby had texted Brinn and told her Gus would be home in 20 minutes.  When Brinn read it she looked at the clock. It was going to be so close.  Brinn had everything packed on the four wheeler and had it parked out of sight.  Now she stood waiting. Finally she saw Gus’ vehicle. She ran out to meet him. He slowed down and stopped.


“Hey, Brinny.  Sorry, I don’t have time to talk.  My kids are waiting for Daddy.” Gus grinned at the thought of his children.  


“But, Gus, I need to…”  She saw the look on his face, “Go have fun with your kids.  I love you, Gus.”


“Love you, too, Brinny,”  he put the SUV in gear and before he had moved 10 feet, Brinn’s phone beeped.  


Brinn went to the back of the cottage, and rode off to her new life.



Gus drove up to the house and the kids were jumping up and down on the deck.  He opened the door and within seconds his arms were filled with all he held most dear.    He kissed both of the giggling faces as he squatted there in the drive. When he finally stood up he looked at Shelby.  She was stunning. She had more color in her cheeks then he had seen in a long time and he could tell she had put on a touch of makeup and curled her hair.


“Excuse me, kids, but Daddy is going to kiss Mommy, so,” he put a hand on each of their heads and turned them to face away from them as the children laughed more.  Gus pulled her into his arms and kissed her like it was the first time. By the time he let her go, her legs felt like they were made of rubber. “I love you, Shelby.  I love you so much.”


“I love you, too, Gussy.” She brought her mouth up to his ear, “and I plan to show you over and over.” She slid her hand down the front of his crotch and he sighed.  “Ok, Gage and Taylor, now that you have had a chance to see Daddy, you both need to take just a little nap and then tonight we can all watch a movie together.”  


They grumbled a little but Taylor took Gage’s hand and walked to the stairs, “Daddy, will you tuck us into my big bed together?”


“I will be there in two minutes.”  He said as he grabbed his bag off the floor.


For the first time Shelby noticed how uncomfortably Gus was walking,  “Oh, Gussy, I almost forgot. How is it?”


“It will be fine in another day, two at the most. I guess you will just have to let me,” he thrust his pelvis against her and thrust a couple times.


“I will be undressed by the time you get back to the room.” and with that they both rushed up to the second floor. Moments later Gus walked into the bedroom and saw Shelby was true to her word.  She lay naked on the bed. Gus began dropping his clothes as he walked across the room and as he got to the bed he slid his briefs down and he need for her was obvious. He stretched out next to her and let his hand glide slowly down her body.  He stroked her breast, kissing each one and then he continued downward and his fingers traced the scar from her surgery.


“Are you sure you can…?”


“Gus, if I don’t have you soon, I am going to implode.  I need to be with you. I need to be one with you. I…” She inhaled sharply as his fingers moved deep inside her. She was about to say something when his mouth trailed down her body further and claimed her clit.  Within minutes he had brought her to the edge several times. Shelby finally linked her fingers in his hair and she forcefully pulled him up. As his mouth came down on hers, he entered her. The feel of her heat made him shiver.   Yes, this is where he belonged. This is what his life was about. This was perfection. Shelby was nearly incoherent as she screamed through her orgasm. She clung to him as he rolled off her taking her with him. Shelby noticed him flinch as he rolled over.  


Gus saw her worried look, “Don’t worry, it is much better today.  By tomorrow I will be just fine.” All of the sudden it hit him, “Damn, I didn’t wear a condom.  You can’t get pregnant again. The doctor said it wasn’t safe.”


“Relax, Gus.  I am on the pill for now.  My doctor said For a couple years anyway.  By that time I’ll be 35.”


“Well, we can talk about it then.  Shelly, we have two gorgeous children who are my world, along with their mother.  If we decide to have another, fine, but I don’t need anything. I loved Gabrial and was thrilled we were having another child but it wasn’t meant to be.” His hand traveled down her back and his hand slid over her ass.  It was so smooth and firm. For a split second, Gus imagined Seth’s with a smattering of fine hair and he knew he needed both of them. 


The next 30 minutes the talked.  Shelby told him about San Francisco and the free loving Isabella.


“So the three of you had sex?” Gus questioned as his fingers played deep inside her.  “We played around. It’s not like we really went down on each other. Although it was Molly’s first time with a woman.”


“Shelly, you had a good time.  None of those women are a threat to me.  I am just glad you had a great time.”


“I’m not sure Brian will be thrilled with the bill.”


“He won’t even notice.”  Gus moved his growing cock between her legs and she flipped him so she could slide down on his erection.  At first she slowly moved up and down but then she lost herself and she nearly bounced on him. Every bounce shot pain through his ass so finally he grabbed her hips and slowed her enough to reangle himself which had both of them cumming again.  Shelby laid down on his chest. God, she loved this man.  


“I have missed this.  Not only because you make my body soar. I love your soul.” She rolled off him.  “Our children will be here soon. Speaking of children, did you talk to Brinn at all?”


“I stopped and said hi to her on my way here today. She has been all over the place lately.  Maybe I’ll see if she wants to ride with me to that distant site I need to check out. It would give us time to catch up.”


“That sounds like a great idea. Where did you see her?”


“She was by the little cottages.” Gus replied as he stood and offered her his hand.


“Huh, she left here and said she was going to see Hannah and Marcus. Maybe they weren’t home.  If you want to check on the kids, I will go start dinner. We don’t want them to sleep too long.  I have lots of plans for after they go to bed.” They both laughed as they went their own way.



Brinn drove carefully as tears trickled down her cheeks.  She came around the last curve and she saw a car. The lights blinked and Brinn started smiling.  That was her mom. She was going to see her for the first time in four years. She pulled the four wheeler out of view of the road and then ran into her mother’s arms.


“My god, you are all grown and you are so beautiful.  Look so much like your dad.” Tina hugged Brinn tightly.


“Oh, Mom, it is so good to see you.  We better get going. I don’t want Daddy to get suspicious while we are still in the area.”   In five minutes, they were heading down the road in a car registered to a little old lady in Texas and they were heading south.


“Tia, I have an old friend that said I could use his place for a few days.  I thought it might be smart if we kind of lay low for a week or so and hopefully when we cross the border they will have stopped looking there for you.”


“That makes sense.  I will send out some shadows on the internet that will make them think we are heading north next week. Then we can make our way across the border near San Diego.  I did some research and I think I have found a good spot.” Brinn looked over at her mom, “I am so happy to be with you, Mom.”


“What about your dads and brother?”


“They are so busy with their own lives.  I know they love me but they will get over it.  Eventually, I’ll contact them and tell them how happy I am and Daddy will finally realize I need you, too.”


“I hope so. Justin can be the most stubborn man I have ever met.  Did you manage to get a little money put away? I have plenty I can tap into but it will be easier to trace I’m afraid. If we can use yours until the trail is cold, and then we will tap into mine.”


“Mom,  I love saying that!  Mom, I think at first you should answer phone calls.  If you ignore their calls they’ll suspect.”


“You’re right.  You are so brilliant.  I can’t believe you came out of me sometimes.”  They were quiet for a moment. “We have about a three hour drive.  My friend said the kitchen at the house would be loaded so I think it is best we just eat what’s there so we don’t have to stop anywhere.”


“That sounds good.  I’m glad we’ll have some time to catch up. I have so many things I want to talk about.”


“We have all the time in the world now.”




Gus and Shelby were just sitting down at the table when Justin called.  “Hey, Dad. What’s up?”


“Have you seen Brinn?”


“I saw her about 3 hours ago.  I said hi to her before going home.  When did you see her last?” Gus tensed up for some reason.


“She grabbed a bite to eat and I know she mentioned going to see Shelby.  Did she get there?”


“Ya, but that was a lot earlier.  Shelby said she mentioned going to see Hannah and Marcus.  Maybe she got there and lost track of time.”


“Thanks, Gus.  I’ll give him a call.”


“Dad, let me know if she’s not there.  I will go look around the property right now.”



Shelby had gotten the gist of the conversation.  “Call me when you find her, Gus.”


After finding out Brinn had never gone to see Marcus and Hannah, Justin searched around the house until Brian got home.  Justin was really scared by now. Brian used the tracker that was on Brinn’s phone and tracked her location. Brian and Gus met at the spot that was pinging her phone.  At first they didn’t see anything but some tire impressions but then Gus noticed her ride. 


“Pops,” Gus said as he ran toward the four wheeler.  “Her phone is here. This has been hidden on purpose.  Pops, do you think she was kidnapped?”


“God, Gus, I don’t want to think about it but I’m afraid that is a possibility but what would she have been doing out here.  There is nothing around here.” Brian was already calling Dan. “Dan can help. Maybe Danny will know if anything has been going on.”


Dan and Danny arrived ten minutes later.  Dan already had contacted the local police and they were checking in town.  “The look of the scene could be an abduction but my first impression is,” Dan took a step toward Brian and placed a hand on his shoulder, “Brian, I would say she ran away.”


Brian’s head snapped from Dan to Danny.  “If she ran away, you know something.” Brian lurched at him but Dan stepped in the way.


“Brian, why don’t you go to the house and be with Justin.  I will be there in a little bit.” 


Dan nodded at Gus and Gus took Brian’s arm, “Come on, Pops.  Dad is going to need you. Let Dan do his job and he’ll come up in a little bit.” Brian tried to turn around but Gus kept him moving forward. At the last moment Dan stopped them.


“Brian, don’t go in her room.  Save that for me and the police.  She may have left something that will be a clue for us.”  Brian nodded as he got in the vehicle. Dan turned and looked at Danny, “Junior, I’m right about this, aren’t I?”


“Dad, I don’t know anything really.  Now that I am taking classes and spending time with Britt, I don’t talk to her too much.”


“Danny, if she was planning something, knowing that girl, she’s been planning it for a long time.”


“Dan, I can’t…..I don’t know anything!”


“Oh, Danny, I understand but I don’t.  Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”


“Why, so you could tell Justin and he would refuse to listen to her?”


“Damn, Danny, is she with Tina?”


“Dan, I don’t know, but Justin never listens to her. I know she is so smart but she is still so young.  You can’t tell Brian and Justin. If you can find her, great, but you can’t tell them. Not now.”


“I don’t know how long I can keep that from them, but….you know nothing and I will do some research.”


“Dad, if it makes it any better, I told her not to do this and I really didn’t know exactly when she was leaving.” Dan saw the tears in Danny’s eyes and pulled his son close.  “Oh, junior, I will do some looking and hopefully I won’t need to bring you into this.”



Gus looked at Brian, “Do you want me to go in with you to tell Dad? I can but if you’re Ok, I’m going to go tell Shelby.”


“Go,” was all Brian said.

“Dad, she’s very smart.  She’ll come to her senses and be back.  I’ll be back in a little while. Call me if you need me earlier.”  Gus kissed his dad and then hopped into his pickup to go tell Shelby.


Justin was on the porch not really wanting Brian to come over.  He just knew they had found something. As Brian reached him, Justin looked at his face.  “Don’t tell me you found her body! God, I couldn’t take that.”


Brian pulled him close.  “Sunshine, Dan is sure she left on her own accord.  She left her phone and the four wheeler. They were both hidden.”


“Why would she do that?  Where would she go? We need to call the police. Maybe there is something in her room or the studio that will tell us something,” Justin moved for the door.  


Once they were inside, Brian stopped him.  “Dan asked us not to touch anything. He will be here in a few minutes to start looking.”  


“Brian, I should have known.  I used to always know what she was thinking.”  Brian hoped he didn’t think about Tina, not yet anyway.  “Did you talk to Danny? Danny usually knows what’s she up to.”


“Dan is talking to him now. The kid wouldn’t answer me. Well, Dan wouldn’t let him answer me.” Brian let out a string of profanities.  “I should have been here. Maybe I would have noticed something. She has been acting unusual. Remember the hug she gave us yesterday, when we had the kids? I thought she might be a little jealous.  I should have made time to talk to her.”  


Justin held on to Brian tightly.  His whole body was trembling. “I’m sure she will be home.  She must have just hitch hiked into town. She is going to be in trouble when she gets back here. She knows hitch hiking isn’t safe.”


“I hope you’re right, Sunshine,” Brian already had pictures of Tina dancing in his head.  What if she was watching Brinn and now….”  


Dan walked in with Tyler right behind him.  “Hey, guys, the highway patrol and the local police were checking cars on the main highway going both directions.  


Tyler looked at Brian and then at Justin, “Molly will be here in a few minutes.  Mom had just gotten home so she needed a couple minutes.”


“Hey, Sunshine, did you hear that?  Molly will be here in a few minutes.”


“She doesn’t have to come.  I am sure Brinn will be home soon.  She is probably walking home right now. And if she isn’t, maybe she went to John. She would go to see him if she was angry with us.”


Gus walked up behind his fathers.  “I’ll call John and tell him to keep an eye out for her.”  He kissed Justin on the cheek. “Dad, she’s smart. She’s fine.”


“God, Gus, what have we done?”  Justin said looking his son in the eye.


“Dad, you didn’t do anything.  Brinn is at a rough age. She’ll be back soon.”  Gus left to give John a call. Dan went to Brinn’s room and sent Tyler out to her studio.


“Guys, can you come in here.  I want you to look around and see what’s missing.”  Brian and Justin walked in. Her room was very neat.  The first thing Brian noticed was Brinn’s computer was there.


“This isn’t right.  She wouldn’t leave her computer.  Dan are you sure she left on her own?”  Brian questioned Dan.


“Brian, if she was a normal 14 year old, I’d say no but Brinn is smart enough to know you could track her computer, just like her phone. How about bank accounts? Does she have access to more money than just an allowance?”


“Dan, do you know what Danny has in his account?”


“Actually, yes, I do Brian.  Not the exact amount but I can tell you he doesn’t have access to more than $500 a week.  If he gets to that amount I am notified by the bank.”


“Hell, Dan, I don’t know.  I will go look at her account on my computer.  Justin will know what else is missing better than me.”  Brian left for his office while Justin started commenting on what was gone.  She had taken clothes and toiletries but nothing else that he was sure of.


Gus called John from the porch.  It was totally dark now making it feel more ominous.  “Hey, Gus! I hear you went to a music festival. How’d it go?”  John questioned his younger cousin.


“It was fine.  How did you know about that?  Did Brinn tell you?” Gus rattled this off quickly.


“Gus, you sound funny.  Yes, she told me about it earlier.”


“You saw Brinn today? WHEN?”


“What is going on, Gus? Of course I didn’t see her.  She called me around lunch.”


“John, she’s run away or at least that is what we think. We thought she might head your way.”


“I don’t think she’ll come here. I think the call was her way of saying goodbye.  Have you talked to Danny. He’ll know something.”


“Dan already has but I think he is holding out.  I’m sure if he thought it was really important he would tell us or at least he will pursue it.”


“Gus, should I come down?”


“No, I’ll keep in touch.  Keep an eye out for her just in case. Oh Shit, I’ll call you later. I just thought of something.”  Gus ended the call and ran into the room. He grabbed Tyler and pulled him into the hall.  


“Gus, was she at John’s?”


“No, but I just realized I saw her by the cottages today. I am thinking she may have stashed  her stuff there.”


“Let’s go.  I found a couple of receipts, including one for a new computer.  Your sister is too smart for her own good. Brian was just saying he has discovered her funneling at least $6000 and that was just a quick glance at her accounts.  Gus, I didn’t say anything to Brian and Justin yet but I found some notes talking about her mom. I was about to tell them when you pulled me out.”


“Damn, Tina has always been trouble.  This is going to kill Dad. What was she thinking?”



While Gus and Tyler were at the cottages, Molly had arrived and was sitting with Justin at the counter in the kitchen.Brian and Dan were in the office with Brinn’s computer.  Dan was doing a search using some spyware he used in his business. Gus and Tyler walked in just as the program started making all kinds of sounds. “Pops,” Gus walked up to Brian and put a hand on his shoulder, “Tyler and I found some stuff in the cottage.”

Tyler continued, “I found a receipt for a new computer in the studio along with notes about her mom and what we found in the cottage just reinforces that.”


“Damn,” Dan said, “It looks like this all started when we were in Canada and Danny and Brinn were….”


“Your son was getting screwed and leaving my daughter alone!” Brian shouted.


“Pops, that’s not fair.” Gus flashed to his own weekend with Seth and wanted to talk to him so bad. He wrapped his arms around him and rested his head on Brian’s shoulder. “You know Brinn doesn’t do anything without pre planning. Whatever she did was not Danny’s fault but if he is hiding something….” Gus glanced up and saw Dan’s face.


Dan moved toward the door, “Tyler, can you get a report for that computer? I am going home to talk to Danny.  I think it is pretty obvious Tina is involved. I will find out what Danny knows, if anything. “Why don’t you get some sleep? Slip Justin something from your pharmacy.  He’s on the edge. Tyler, can you take the first watch?” Dan handed Tyler a special phone. Local LEOS will call you if anything comes up. I will be back very early in the morning.”


Dan and Brian walked toward the kitchen leaving Tyler and Gus alone.  “I was so sorry I missed the festival. How was it?” Tyler saw a shadow pass over Gus’ face.  “I heard you were a big hit.”


“We did well and the crowd liked us.”  Gus’ voice was a little reserved, not usual for Gus in this situation.  


“Gus, why do I think there is a story here.”


“Now isn’t the time. I think I should go home and tell Shelby what we know so far.  If you need anything call me.” Gus left Tyler alone.


Molly was sitting with Justin when Brian walked out.  He had to tell him about Tina but he hated the idea. Molly saw Brian’s look and moved so he could sit next to Justin.  


“I’m going to go check on Tyler. Call me if you need me.”  Molly kissed Brian and Justin and then met Gus in the hall.  He walked to the family room where his dads were.


“Do you want me to stick around? Otherwise, I think I should go tell Shelby what we have found.”


Brian looked up at him, “Go home to your family.” Gus kissed him and then turned to Justin.


“Dad, I know you won’t sleep but go to bed for a while.  Talk, love, relax. Brinn can take care of herself. We’ll find her.” He hugged Justin and walked out the door. As he got in his pickup he looked at the time.  It was midnight. He pulled out his phone and called up his contacts. He made his choice and it rang.


Izabella and Seth had just made love and she lay in his arms.  He had told her about Gus, leaving out some of it but she was glad her husband had such a good time.  She had told him about the playfulness of her weekend which had made Seth laugh, “Molly didn’t know her new employee was going to be her first girl on girl experience.” He kissed Izabella hard and swatted her ass.  She never minded it a little rough. In fact, it turned her on. As he moved to pin her down his phone rang. From the ringtone he knew it was Gus.  


He rolled off Bella and grabbed it.  “Hey,” Bella had no idea who was on the phone.  Seth had never had it on his phone before. “Is something wrong?”


“Seth, I….I just needed to hear your voice.  My sister has run away with her psycho mother and my dad is falling apart and….I just needed to hear your voice.”  


By now Seth had gotten out of bed and walked to the bathroom.  “Gus,....what can I do?”


“Nothing.  I’ll call you tomorrow.  I don’t even know why I called really.”  Gus hung up and drove into his garage. Shelby opened the door to the house and spread her arms for Gus to step into them.



Brinn and Tina sat on the sofa in a small cabin in the mountains.  Tina didn’t have many friends from the years she was married to her ex husband but this cabin belonged to one of them.  Her ex had no idea she had stayed in contact with him so she was sure they wouldn’t track her through him. He had been true to his word, the kitchen was stocked with enough food for a few weeks and although it was fairly small, there were two bedrooms and two baths.  And although phone service was spotty, it had wifi.


Tina asked Brinn all kinds of questions and told her about her half siblings.  Together they made some dinner and then watched a movie. As the evening went on Brinn got very quiet.  “Tia, is something wrong?”


“Mom, I just….I am so glad to be here with you but...I am worried about my dads.  They will be so upset and they will be mad at me.”


“Tia, you could send an email to your dads business account or your brother’s. Open an account and close it down.  I am sure you know how to mask it.”


“Mom, you aren’t mad I miss them, are you?”


“Of course not.  I just want you happy and in my life.”


“I’m kind of tired.  Do you mind if I go to bed?”


“You get some sleep.  We have a lifetime to spend together.” Brinn hugged her mom and Tina kissed her cheek. “I love you, Tia.”


“Oh, I love you too, Mom.”



Dan arrived at home, and as he figured, Marcus and Danny were up.  “Darling?” Marcus said hesitantly. He walked to Dan and kissed him, holding him tight. He looked more tired than Marcus had ever seen him.  Dan had just gotten home the night before from talking to the doctors taking care of Hannah’s mom and now he was dealing with this. “Would you like some coffee?”


“That would be great, Red. Get one for Danny, too,” he hesitated.  “I’m sorry. Could you get one for Danny, too, please.” They kissed longer this time with a little heat by the time they separated.  “Keep that thought,” Dan said as his hand traveled down Marcus’ well shaped ass.


Dan sat at the table and without being directed, Danny sat down across from him and thanked Marcus when he set coffee in front of him and then Marcus sat next to Dan.  Dan took a sip and then started, “Danny, I know you are loyal to Brinn but you need to tell me what you know. If you don’t give me something, Brian will be at your throat. Do you have any idea where she was going?”


“No, Dan, I promise.  I have no idea.”


“She’s with her mom, isn’t she?”


“Yes, but I don’t know any details about how they were meeting up.  I don’t know where they were going. “Dan, she deserves to see her mom.  She’s safe. I got to choose my parents.”


“Danny, don’t go there.  Brian and Justin are great parents.  She has never been mistreated.” Dan took a deep  breath to calm down.


Marcus stood up and walked around to Danny’s side and sat down putting his arms around the young man. “Danny, Brinn’s mom has had a rocky history.  I understand you feel bad for Brinn and Brinn is smart. She won’t do anything stupid but this isn’t the way it should have happened.”


“I’m sorry.  I just felt so bad for her.  She needs her mom just like I needed you guys.” 


Dan walked around and got down on his haunches next to Danny.  “Danny, is she going to contact you?”


Danny nodded slowly.  “I don’t know when or anything.  She just told me she would let me know she was safe.”


“Let her know how upset her family is.  Ask her if she is alright. Get any information you can, junior.” Danny looked at Dan and Dan pulled him into his arms.  “I know you want her to be safe. I know you didn’t feel like you had a choice.” 


“You aren’t going to make me move out are you? I mean in a week you could.”


“Danny, in a week you are going to Daniel Reeves Reed. You are stuck with us now.”


“I love you.  I love you both so much.”  Danny’s voice was quivering. “And I promise I will try to convince her to come home.”


“At least try to get her to call home or call Gus.”


“Dad, she won’t do that.  She knows you’ll be tracking them.”


“I know you’ll do your best. Now go to bed. You have class tomorrow.”  Dan kissed Danny, “I will always love you, junior. No matter what mistake you might make, you’re ours now.”


Danny kissed Marcus and headed to his room.  He checked his email but nothing from Brinn, yet.  He did have a message from Britt. He had planned to ask his dads if Britt could come to the house for his birthday or if he could get a hotel for the two of them. Maybe he would have a chance to ask them tomorrow.  He really wanted to be with Britt. He wasn’t sure it was love in the soul mate way but he did love him. After tossing and turning, he finally fell into a restless sleep.  


Marcus put his arms around Dan and Dan lifted him off the floor and set him on the table. Dan’s mouth came down and crushed his. He roughly pulled at Marcus shorts and briefs and then Marcus to the edge and sunk deep into him, clamping his mouth onto his to stop the cry of pain which would have come from Marcus. He held onto Dan and soon was riding high with pleasure.  Dan drove in over and over until they both were spent. Dan then clung to Marcus, “I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!”


“Darling, I love you. You were just amazing.  You’re always amazing. Sure, I’ll feel it tomorrow but I’ll remember how much you love me and our family and as I rock Hannah and feel that ache from tonight, I’ll just want you here to touch me again, Or  to touch you and feel your amazing body against mine. Dan, I love you and I am yours when you need me just like you are here when I need you. Our best friends are going through a crisis and we are all here for each other.”


“God, i love you  more every time you open your mouth.  Right now I have a couple hours before I should get back to Brian and Justin’s.  Maybe after Hannah is awake and ready for the day you could bring her over. Maybe a distraction would help and the gorgeous child can steal anyone’s heart.”


“We never had much of a chance to talk about her mom.  Did anything change? Is she getting better?”


“They are looking for a local nursing home for her.” Dan kissed him and lead him toward the bedroom,  “They said even if she wakes up, she won’t function normally. I have one of my agents checking into one last lead but after that, I just don’t know where else to look.”


“Does that mean Hannah could be ours?”  Marcus said it in a whisper, like if it was said out loud it would jinx something.


“If that search fails we can look into long term foster care.  As long as her mother is living it would be difficult to adopt her but we can’t adopt Danny and he is as much ours and Brinn is Brian’s.”


They both undressed and they spooned together.  Without another word they fell asleep.”



Brian finally managed to get Justin to come to bed.  He held him tight as he trembled, “This is all my fault, isn’t it?  She has been trying to…..you have been trying to tell me she needed to talk to Tina. I wouldn’t listen!  I nearly drove her Tina myself, Oh, Bri….” Brian knew nothing he said was heard but he spoke softly and kissed him gently, trying to calm him down.  


Finally, Brian said, “Turn over.” Brian moved into Justin and  as he sank all the way in, “Sleep, Sunshine, they will find something in the morning.”


But they didn’t find anything in the morning or the next.  Danny finally caught his dads and asked them about having Britt over.  After discussing it they agreed. They decided Danny was 18, or would be that day, and at the house they could make sure Danny and Britt had everything they would need, plus, if Britt hurt him Dan could kill him and they could bury the body.  They had both laughed when Dan had said that line out loud to Marcus and Marcus couldn’t have loved his husband anymore when he heard him wanting to protect one of their children.  


The first few days Marcus had brought Hannah to Brian and Justin’s but as the days had turned into a week, Justin had gone further in himself.  He was so sure it was all his fault. Now that it had been nearly two weeks, Justin barely left his studio. Brian wasn’t sure the last time he had eaten more than a couple bites of a sandwich, although he brought food out to him regularly.  Brian started realizing he hadn’t only lost Brinn, but Sunshine too.


Brinn and Tina had moved on from the mountain cabin.  Tina had convinced Brinn that she should not contact anyone while they were there.  It was a personal wifi connection. Now they had managed to cross into Mexico where Tina had rented a small vacation home from another friend.  As soon as they arrived, they used some of Brinn’s money to pay for it and Tina contacted her bank to have money transferred but she soon found out that her bank accounts had been locked.  Now they had to come up with plan B for money. What Brinn had managed to get wouldn’t last long.


“Mom, I have to send an email to Danny tomorrow.  It’s his birthday and I have to let him know I am thinking about him. I am going to a cafe across town and I will use the scramble program I put on the computer.”


“Tia you are risking too much.  Don’t do it. He knows you are his friend.”


As Brinn left their small rental she knew she was going to email him.  She had to and she needed him to respond back. She needed to hear something about the rest of her family.

She went to the cafe and sent the following:


“Happy Birthday, Danny!  Have a great time with Britt.  I know you two will be together tonight. I love you and tell my family I am fine and I love them.”  Tia


Danny woke up early on his birthday.  He felt like a little kid being so excited about this birthday but this was the day he and Britt would finally be together.  He looked at his messages and Britt had messaged him at midnight wishing him a happy birthday and said he couldn’t wait until tonight.  Next, he checked his email to see if he had gotten a message from his biological family. His little sister had sent him an ecard. He missed her and thanked her right away and said he hoped they would have a chance to spend time together soon.

 

He then saw one he was sure was spam.  He hit delete but just as it disappeared he saw it.  Tia. He quickly undid the delete and ran out of his room.  “DAN! She emailed.