- Text Size +

Chapter 9


Gus hadn’t been into the office for too long.  He wasn’t sure if it was all because of Brinn or if more of it was because he was avoiding Seth.  As upset as he was about Brinn his defenses were down and although he and Shelby had been physically very close in the last couple weeks his guilt over not telling her about Seth was getting to him.  He had to tell her. He would tell her tonight. He had said goodbye to the kids last night because before he got home today they would be at Shelby’s parents house. When they offered to take them for a week or so, Shelby  took them up on it so she could help focus on Brinn’s search. But as he drove to the back of Wine and Design he couldn’t stop himself from looking at the top floor and wondering if Seth was still in bed.


Gus let himself into his office and heard someone in Molly’s workroom.  When he looked in the doorway he saw Isabella. “Oh, hi,” Gus said and smiled weakly.


“From the look on your face I am sure your sister isn’t home yet?”  Isabella walked over and put her arms around him. “Why you don’t go upstairs and talk to Seth. He is still in bed. He is a very good stress reliever.” She turned him around and pointed him in the direction of the stairs.  “Gus, I don’t mind.”


Almost in a haze, Gus walked up the stairs and walked to the master bedroom.  “Seth?” Gus said softly, not wanting to wake him if he was sleeping. 


“Gus? Are you really here?  I was just thinking about you.”


“Isabella sent me up,” Gus said as he watched Seth stand up, completely naked.  Seth walked over and tugged Gus’ shirt off over his head. He bent and kissed one collar bone and then the other.  He then traveled his jawline before claiming his mouth as his hands undid his fly. “But Isabella….”


“You were sent up by Isabella.  We don’t have to worry about her,” Seth took Gus’ hand and lead him to the bed. “Don’t take this wrong, G, but you look like hell. Let me….ah, damn!”  Seth pushed Gus down onto the bed and he lowered himself on top of him. They both sighed at the feel of the other. After kissing and touching for some time Seth rolled Gus to his stomach.  He positioned himself so his mouth was near Gus’ ass. He began to massage his opening with his finger and soon was sinking deep into him with his finger and tongue. Gus moaned at the feel.  This is what he needed. This took his mind off his life.


As Seth sank a third finger into him he brought his mouth near Gus’ ear.   “I want you but I can’t take you now but you can have me.” He rolled off and Gus turned over showing he was fully erect. Seth grabbed a condom and after ripping it open he slipped it on Gus.  He then tossed the lube and Gus quickly used it on himself and spread it on Seth. “Go, G, just go.” Gus pushed in and then slowly moved in and out. Soon Gus was lost in the motion in the pleasure, in his own emotions. As they climbed together they climaxed together and then Gus collapsed on top of Seth.  He rolled off of him and laid next to Seth and Seth rested his head on Gus’ chest.


“Are you sure Isabella will be….”


“She is fine, G.  How are you?”


“I have to tell Shelby that you and I slept together.  I was going to tell her but then with Brinn and now I have to tell her about this….  It can’t happen again. It just can’t. She isn’t like your wife.” Gus now had a moment of panic and sprang out of bed, leaving Seth a little bewildered.  “I love her but I....”


“G, you know it isn’t just sex.  You know we….” Gus had pulled off the condom and quickly began dressing.  


“I have to get to work.  I came to work in my office. I….” Seth pulled him into an embrace and kissed him. 


“Gus, you can’t run away from your feelings.”


“Seth, I can’t run away from my family.”  Seth mouth claimed Gus’ once more. By the time Gus walked back down the steps he was shaking all over. He physically ran into Isabella.  “I...we...I”


“Gus, there is enough of him for us to share.”


“My wife doesn’t share. A night with a stranger, yes, a repeat with a friend….”


“Gus, it is safer for both of you.  Meet up once a month. Get what you need from each other and be satisfied until next time.  No meeting up with a stranger. I’ll talk to her if you want me to.”


“NO! I’m sorry, Isabella.”  Gus took a deep breath, “Is it alright if I tell her she can talk to you after I talk to her?”


“Sure, Gus.  I’m here if she needs to talk to someone who has been through this before. I would love for him to have a regular again. It takes a lot of stress off me.”


“He’s had a ‘regular’ before?”


“Yes, he had a band mate that he saw about once a month.  Our love life was never better than that time in our marriage.”  


Gus walked away without a response.  Shelly would never agree to that.


Danny ran out of his room and ran into Dan and Marcus’ bedroom.  When he realized what was going on in the bed he turned his back to the men who were in the middle of making love.  “I’m sorry. I’m really sorry but Brinn emailed me. She wanted to say happy birthday. I’ll wait in my room. Danny closed the door behind him.


It was only a couple minutes later and Dan was in Danny’s room.  “I’m sorry Dad but I knew you’d want to know right away.”


“You were right, Danny.  Let me look at your computer.  I’m going to forward the message to my office so my techs can start digging.  Thank you for being honest.”


“Dad, I want her safe and happy.  I hope she is able to find both sometime.”


“I know you do and by the way, happy birthday, son.”  Dan hugged and kissed Danny. We are planning to give you your gift at dinner tonight when Britt is here.”


“Dad, we weren’t planning to eating ….”


“If you plan to sleep here you may as well eat with us.  We have barely met this young man. He needs to be worthy of our son.”  Dan expected Danny to protest , not to choke up and hug him harder. “Danny?”


“I am just so lucky you and Marcus chose me and want to know Britt since I love him.”


“You love him?”


“I do, Dad.  That doesn’t mean I am in love with him like my soulmate but I know he is a good man and he cares about me and just thinking about him makes my….”


“Stop!  I got the picture.  You have a great day and I will fill you in on anything I find out.  I am heading to the office.”


When Danny came into the kitchen for breakfast, Marcus had all of his favorites made for him.  Hannah was sitting in her highchair watching him. Danny stopped and kissed his sister. She hung on tight to him so he had to take her out.  “Come here, Hannah. How are you, big girl?”


“Dadada,” she said as she reached for Marcus.  Marcus heart swelled looking at his children. Danny was going to change his name later this week so he really was theirs. He kissed Danny and then took Hannah and nuzzled her close, breathing the scent of his little girl.  She hadn’t been bathed yet today so she didn’t smell freshly bathed and lotioned but she smelled of formula and baby sweat. He loved her so much. It hurt even thinking that she could someday have to leave their home. But today he wasn’t thinking about it.  Today was Danny’s day. As Danny ate his breakfast he told Marcus about the email and verified he and Britt would be here for dinner around 6:00 tonight. Marcus kissed him once more and told him to have a great day. As he watched Danny pull away, he thought about Justin and thought he needed to check in with Brian and find out what he could do to help.  He decided he would stop by instead.  


Marcus checked in with Dan to see if he had told Brian about the email.  He didn’t want to speak about it if Dan didn’t want him to. Dan said he would contact Brian later so Marcus and Hannah went over to see if there was anything he could do to help.  If Brian had to go somewhere he could stay for a couple hours just to make sure Justin was safe. He pulled up and got Hannah’s car seat out of the back. He knocked and then let himself in.  


Brian was sitting by the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee.  He didn’t even notice Marcus. “Brian? Hey, is it a good time for a visit?”  Brian looked over at Marcus and Hannah.


“Marcus, sure. Want some coffee?”


“I want to know how you and Justin are.” As he said it, Brian’s head drooped and he began to tremble slightly.  Marcus set the car seat down and walked over to Brian and put his arms around him. Brian turned to Marcus and wrapped his arms around him.  Marcus held him tightly, “What can I do for you, Brian? What do you need?”


“I need Sunshine.” Brian took a deep breath, “He won’t eat.  All he takes in is booze. Yesterday he asked when Brinn would be home from her visit.  He doesn’t even...he won’t admit she left. I think he has had a break from reality.”


Hannah started fussing to get out of her seat and Marcus walked to her and lifted her out.  He walked over and handed her to Brian. “Snuggling this one can’t make you feel worse. I’ll got see him.  He’s in the studio, right?” Brian nodded as Hannah patted his face. He had to smile at this beautiful child.


When Marcus arrived at the studio he was shocked at Justin’s look.  It had only been about 3 days since he had seen him but he had changed drastically..  He looked frail and wild. He stood in just his jeans. His shirt was on the floor and appeared to be full of paint.  There were several liquor bottles on the floor around the room and then there were the paintings. There several canvases started.  All of them had pictures of Brinn but the one that caught his attention looked finished. It was of Brinn reaching into Justin’s chest and holding his heart in her hand.  It was stunning and left him speechless for the quality but also because he had no idea how to talk to someone in this much pain.


“Justin, honey,” Marcus walked up to him and touched his bare shoulder.  Justin shrugged it off without looking at him but he stopped painting. Marcus slowly reached out and took the paintbrush from him.  There was no resistance. 


Justin slowly turned to Marcus, who had set the brush down, and blinked, “Marcus, where’s Brinn, is she sleeping in her room?  She’s sleeping isn’t she.” Marcus pulled Justin into his arms and Justin hugged him but Marcus realized Justin wasn’t really there anymore.  He had climbed deep inside himself and Marcus wasn’t sure he would climb back out.”


“Justin, let’s go in the house.  Hannah is here with Brian. Would you like to take a nap?  Maybe a shower?” Marcus looked around and found a thin jacket   He slipped it on him and then put an arm around him as he guided him back to the house. 


Brian had Hannah sitting on the kitchen bar in front of him.  He was playing patty cake with her, well sort of. It didn’t matter.  She had a big grin on her face and Brian was smiling. 


“Brian, Justin would like to shower and then rest awhile.  I will help him, Ok?” Marcus hoped Brian didn’t push the point that he would help him.  


Brian wanted to go after Marcus and his sunshine but if Justin was responding to Marcus, he knew he had to let him do it.  Marcus rushed out moments later. “He’s getting in the shower. Brian, you know he needs help. Call someone. Set something up.  Hannah will be fine on the floor or in her car seat.” And with that Marcus went back to the room. He quickly undressed and got into the shower with  him. Justin was standing in the water but didn’t seem to know what to do. Marcus took the bar of soap and a cloth and began rubbing it across Justin’s shoulders and  down to the small of his back. Justin leaned against Marcus as Marcus continued moving the cloth around. He went under Justin’s arms and then down his chest.


For a moment, Justin turned to look at Marcus.  He softly said, “I know, she’s gone. I just can’t …” he turned into Marcus’ arms and kissed him.


Marcus took a step back, “Justin, you need help.  Let Brian find you help.” Marcus lead him out of the shower and dried him off and then quickly dried off himself and  put on some clothes.  


“But I want to stay here.  What if she comes back?” Justin looked like a bewildered child.


“Justin, someone will always be here and then if she comes back we’ll bring her to you.”


“Marcus, get Brian for me.  Please I need Brian.” Marcus left Justin sitting naked on the edge of the bed.  If Justin needed to be loved by his husband, he should be. He had seen how tender they could be with each other and his mind went to his own husband and daughter.  How were either of them dealing with this?


Brian had called their primary care doctor and insisted on speaking to the doctor.  With the last name Kinney, the doctor called him back within five minutes. Their doctor had heard about their daughter running away and offered his support.  Brian explained what had been going on with Justin and the doctor agreed it might be best if he came in for observation. The doctor asked if he should send an ambulance but Brian said he could get him there.  As he held Hannah close he realized he hadn’t been alone in his own home for years and an empty feeling came over him..


Marcus came out and took his daughter, “Justin wants you.  He might need to be loved. Did you figure out where to take him?”


“Yes, the doctor will have a room ready for him.  Thanks, Marcus. I just couldn’t….” Marcus kissed Brian. “You love him.  You want to do what’s best for him. So do I. I love him, too, you know.  He’s my best friend besides Dan.”


Brian found Justin on the middle of the bed he was up on his knees and he had taken out one of his floggers and was hitting himself.  His back and shoulders were already red and there was a small welt where blood seeped in the middle of his back. When he saw Brian he handed the whip to him.  I need this. Please…”


“No, Sunshine, you’ve already hurt yourself.” Brian grabbed a washcloth from the bathroom.  He also grabbed alcohol. He thought the sting of that might appease Justin’s need for pain. When the rag touched Justin’s wound, Justin screamed with pain from the sting.  Brian hated to do it but he knew that might be the only way to get him to cooperate. 


Justin turned and looked at Brian, “I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you.  Our girl is gone. I deserve to be punished.”


Brian took Justin in his arms.  “Oh Sunshine, you don’t deserve anything.  Brian quickly undressed. He needed his Sunshine so badly and for a moment Justin seemed to be lucid enough to know he wanted it, too.  Brian laid him down and as he looked into Justin’s distant blue eyes, Justin bent one leg and moved it far to the side, giving Brian the opening he needed.  Brian, slipping an arm under Justin’s knee pulled it up as he slid into position and then, looking deep into Justin’s eyes, he entered Justin, and pulling Justin’s leg even higher up,lifting Justin’s ass,he drove in over and over.  Tears ran down both of their faces as they realized right now, their love was not enough for them to survive. Brinn’s absence was to big a cavern for them to ignore. They couldn’t do this alone.


Together they climaxed and then slowly dressed.  Brian quickly threw some shirts and pants along with briefs and slippers into a duffel.  He pulled Justin into his arms once more and kissed him. As they separated he said, “Come on, Sunshine.  It is time for us to go.” Brian took his hand and lead him to the car. Justin followed with no fight left.  They left the vineyard not knowing when Justin would return.


Brian had tears rolling down his cheeks as he left the hospital.  When the doctor saw Justin’s condition he had whisked him away leaving Brian standing in the hall.  Half an hour later the doctor came out and took Brian back to an observation room. Because of the self harm, Justin was put on suicide watch but when Brian looked in, he knew that wouldn’t be necessary.  Justin sat completely unresponsive on a mattress. And when Brian attempted to go see him, the doctor stopped him. As Brian walked into his empty house he heard the doctor’s voice, ‘He needs help, Brian, but it can’t include you.’   Brian walked directly the liquor cabinet and started drinking.  



Gus had worked a long day and knew he was avoiding going home.  He had told Shelby they needed to talk tonight, causing Shelby to stress all day.  She and Gus had been closer than they had been in months in some ways but she kept feeling there was something haunting him.  Without the kids here today she had too much time to think about it so she decided to make his favorite meal to keep her from driving herself crazy.  


Gus had texted mid afternoon and told her Justin was getting help and that he would be home around 6:00.  He had to force himself to turn up the driveway and decided he should check on his dad. He walked into the house and found his pops sitting in the dark, bottle in his hand nearly incoherent.  


“Fuck, Brian!”  Gus looked at him and dropped onto a chair across from him. “I’ll give you tonight.”  More to himself than to his dad, “but, I’m going to need you, Pops. I know I am going to need you.”  Gus got up and walked to the door. “I’ll check on you later. I have a feeling I’ll need to sleep here.”


Brian mumbled something about always being welcome and Gus walked out feeling worse than before he stopped.  He just wanted to make love to his wife and then …. He knew that it wouldn’t work that way. Shelly knew something was going on.  Maybe she would be relieved it was Seth. Why couldn’t she be like Izabella?


Shelby heard the garage door open and she took a couple deep breaths.  When the door to the house opened Gus stood there holding a bouquet. It was full of the colors of fall and as he handed it to her he pulled her close and breathed in her scent.  How long had it been since they had an evening alone. Maybe he would wait until tomorrow…. 


Shelby laid the flowers on the counter and pulled him close to her. She savored his mouth and nearly undressed him here in the kitchen.  She started to drop to her knees in front of him but he stopped her. “Oh, god, Shelly, you don’t know how badly I want you but we need to talk first.”


“Gus, you are scaring me.”


“I’m sorry.  I don’t want that.  I love you more today than the day we got married.  Please, can we eat dinner and then we can talk?”


Shelby brought the food out while Gus opened some wine.  He poured them each a glass and then pulled her chair out for her.  He kissed the pulse point below her ear making her shiver. As they ate Gus kept reaching for her and touching her cheek or her hair.  They talked about their kids and Gus told her about stopping by Brian’s and the state he was in. Danny had told Shelby about the text when she wished him a happy birthday.  This got Gus’ attention.  


“Dan knows this and hasn’t told my dads?”  Gus was instantly upset.


“Gussy, he didn’t want to get their hopes up until he could tell them something.  I am sure he will talk to Brian tomorrow and it sounds like he is in no shape to listen right now anyway.” Shelby walked behind him and wrapped her arms around his neck. “You know Dan would only do what was best for them.”


“I know, I’m just so worried about Brinn and now Dad,” and us, he said to himself. “Let’s put the food away and sit on the sofa.” Ten minutes later they were on the sofa, they faced each other and Gus reached over and took Shelby’s hands as they rested on her leg. He had to lean over and kiss her. The air between them was electrified.


“Gus, please, tell me what is going on.  God, we have never been as close but I feel you are hiding something.  Tell me what it is.”


“Shelly, I didn’t mean to keep this from you.  I really didn’t but Brinn ran before I had a chance to talk to you and then….. We have been so good together.  I didn’t want you to think that would change.” Gus took a deep breath and Shelby squeezed his hand in support. He took a deep breath and then looked deep into her eyes.  “I know we had a deal. I had no idea….”


“Gus, did you sleep with someone while you were at the festival?”


“Oh, Shelly, I am so sorry.  After it happened I was going to tell you.  I felt terrible but I hoped you would understand. But then the world blew apart here and…”


“Gus, you were safe, right?”


“Oh, of course!  I would never be careless.”


“Well, next time you go to a festival with Seth, I’ll just expect you to pick up a random guy.  That might actually be exactly what we need for you to be as happy as I am.”


“Shel,”  Gus had to tell her.  “It wasn’t a random man.  Seth and I had sex.”


Shelby grabbed her hands away from him.  “Seth? Seth is…..does Isabella know?”


“She does now.  We didn’t plan it.  Tyler was going to be there with us.  We just…..we were on such a high from performing and….”


“You didn’t fall and hurt yourself!  You were fucked by our friend until you couldn’t sit down.”  Shelby jumped up, not wanting him to touch her.


Gus dropped to his knees at her feet. “I am so sorry.  I love you. I love you so much! But you know, as hard as I try…. I can’t deny that urge. I have tried.  I can’t stand that I hurt you.” Gus crumbled at her feet. The weight of the day was on his shoulders. He knew he couldn’t tell her about today.  He couldn’t even think about it. His dad was locked in a mental ward right now and his sister was on the run. If Shelby couldn’t….  


Shelby squatted next to him and put her hands under his arms, pulling him up and then she kissed his forehead. “Stand up, Gussy. I can’t….” his arms went around her and his head dropped on her shoulder. They stood there for several minutes and started swaying to an unplayed song.  Shelby finally lifted Gus’ head. “I have to admit, I’m not happy you lied but I also understand why you didn’t tell me right away. I do forgive you but I think I need to process this. I mean, a random guy is one thing but a friend, someone you see regularly?”


“I understand.  Maybe it would help for you to talk to Isabella.  She has been with Seth for a long time and they have made it work.”


“So you want to keep seeing him?” Shelby’s back stiffened.


“I really don’t know but I know I can’t seem to go without a man from time to time.  I have tried. I really have.”


Shelby looked at Gus and believed everything he said.  “Gussy,” she stepped into his arms. I need time to think.  I’m not mad but I need a little space.”


“Of course.  I understand.  I think Pops could use some assistance anyway.  If I sleep with a man tonight, it will be him.” Gus cocked a half smile.  “I love you, Shel. Please, think about it. If you say no, I won’t be with him again but it might be the answer we have been looking for.” Gus kissed her. “I am sorry I hadn’t told you earlier.”


“Gus, I understand that.  I really do. Go grab some clothes and go see Brian.  I think you two might need each other tonight.”


Gus went upstairs and grabbed some clothes. When he came back down he looked at his wife, the mother of his children, “You are just stunning but what really counts is how beautiful you are on the inside.”  He kissed her and walked out of the house. Shelby sat on the floor where she had stood and cried.



Danny paced back on forth with Hannah in his arms.  He was so nervous. Not only were his dads going to be having dinner with his boyfriend but he was also going to have sex with him at his house.  When he heard the car pull up, he rushed to the door and opened it as Britt walked up the steps. He had a gift bag in his hand and as Danny walked out with his sister in his hands he stopped to talk to her before kissed Danny.  Marcus and Dan both noticed that. Britt’s hand rested on Danny’s lower back as he led the way. He also had a backpack slung on one arm.


Dan and Marcus came over and shook his hand.  They had met briefly a couple of times. They knew Britt was twenty-one and would be a paramedic by the end of this year.  He seemed caring and they could see he was attentive to Danny and even Hannah. Marcus took Hannah from Danny and told him dinner would be ready in about fifteen minutes. Danny took Britt’s hand and lead him to his room to drop off his bag. Once they were inside and the door had shut, Britt pulled Danny tightly against him and he slid his hand onto Danny’s ass.  As they kissed his hand moved from the back to cup Danny’s rising cock. When they separated they both were ready for more. 


“I have two gifts for you.  I thought you might like one now and one later,” he reached in the gift bag and pulled out a little box.  Inside was a long string of beads. “I thought we could put these in now and then later…”


“Oh, yes, please.” Danny started to undo his jeans but Britt moved his hands away and slowly undid the fly. He slowly moved toward Danny’s erection and kissed the tip, flicking his tongue on the tip and then he turned Danny around.  He quickly lubed the beads and slowly fed them in one at a time. When he slipped the last one in he brought his tongue to his bud and Danny nearly lost his control. Britt tugged Danny’s pants up and as he redid the fly he kissed him. 


“Danny, you are in control tonight.  If there is anything you don’t want to do tell me.  Just don’t tell me you don’t want to kiss me. I don’t think I could live without your kiss.” Britt kissed him long and probing until there was a knock on the door.”


“Dinner, Junior,” Dan’s voice came through the door.


“Junior?”   Britt said as he tickled Danny a bit at the waist.  


Danny moved away from the probing fingers. He reached for Britt’s hand and opened the door, “He’s just saying he loves me without saying the words.”


“Hey, Junior, let’s eat.” Britt said low and sexy sending a shiver down Danny’s spine.


“I don’t think I’m very hungry anymore.”


“Oh, but you will need your energy. Lots and lots of energy.” Together they walked to the dinner table.


The four men enjoyed the conversation and part of the time Hannah had them all laughing.  She chatted on, only saying a couple intelligible words which had them all laughing. The food was amazing and Danny made a point of thanking Marcus several times. Danny also realized as he sat there that deep inside his body something was humming.  Britt squeezed Danny’s thigh and Danny nearly lost his cool as for a split second. Britt obviously had a remote affecting the beads deep inside him but he didn’t keep playing with it. It was like the low purr of a cat on your lap, only inside instead of outside the body.  Danny adjusted quickly and began to really enjoy the feeling.


Dan stood up and opened a drawer in the kitchen.  He brought back a small box and a couple envelopes.  The first envelope he handed him was from Danny’s family in Kansas City.  Danny smiled at the words his mom wrote. She did love him, he knew this but she just couldn’t understand him.  She would have a heart attack if she knew what he would be doing tonight.  


The next envelope was large and had Dan’s attorney’s name on it.  He opened it and started to smile as his eyes welled up with tears, “Is it final?”  Dan and Marcus were smiling and Britt put an arm around Danny, not positive what was going on.  Danny showed it to Britt as he said, “This makes it official. My name is now Daniel Marcus Reeves Reed.  Danny Reed for short.” He got up and kissed and hugged both of the men that he now shared a name with. He then kissed Britt longer than he ever had before in front of his parents. Britt pulled him onto his lap where he stayed as Dan handed Danny the little package  he was holding. “Dads, you didn’t need to get me anything. You have given me the best gift you could already.”


“Shut up and open it,” Dan said gruffly as he fought some tears himself.  


Danny opened the box and inside was a car fob.  He looked at his dads and Marcus said, “Just push the button.”  Danny heard two quick honks and he jumped up and ran to the door. 


“Oh my god,” Danny whispered.  There was a metallic blue Toyota Supra sitting in the driveway.  “That’s mine?”


“Yes, it’s yours.  We decided it was time you got a car made for a beautiful young man instead of the family SUV,” Dan continued. “Why don’t you both look at it while we clear the table and when you come back in we can have some cake before we separate for the evening, unless you want some pointers.” 


Dan winked at Danny who blushed but then came back with,  “Maybe if you were Gus Kinney….” he laughed as he took Britt’s hand and rushed out the door.


Marcus wrapped his arms  around Dan, “You can give me all the pointers you want.” His hand rested on Dan’s crotch and Dan’s mouth moved to Marcus’ just as Hannah started giggling.


Danny and Britt came back in and they were both very excited about the vehicle.  It was an amazing car and Danny couldn’t say enough to thank them. Danny was getting a little more uncomfortable as they all ate birthday cake.  Hannah had more on her face than in her mouth. But as they finished Britt’s hand had ended up in Danny’s lap and Danny was barely holding onto his control.  


Britt stood and offered his hand to Danny.  “Thank you, gentlemen for the lovely meal and the warm reception but I think it is time for us to retire for the evening.”


Dan and Marcus had to smile.  It was obvious that Danny was struggling. They all stood and as Danny kissed Marcus and thanked him once more for the great meal, Dan shook Britt’s hand and drew him close.  His mouth moved to his ear and said, “Treat him right or you will never be found.” Dan let go of his hand and smiled sweetly at him. 


“Yes, sir!”  Britt laughed a little nervously.  “You don’t have to worry about that.”  He reached for Danny’s hand and they walked down the hall toward Danny’s room.



Gus entered his dads’ house and looked around. Brian was in the same spot he had been earlier.  The only difference was now the bottle was completely empty. He turned on a couple soft lights in the house and looked in the fridge.  He heated up some leftover pasta and sat down next to Brian. “Eat,” he handed the bowl to his dad. Brian held the bowl and took a bite of the lasagna he had baked last night hoping Justin would eat some of it.  Brian took another bite and then another.  


“I’m sorry, Gus.”  Brian was now at the blubbering stage.  “But seeing Justin like that and they wouldn’t let me talk to him.  They wouldn’t let me hug him and say goodbye.”


“Sounds like we both have problems, but mine are of my own making.” Gus pulled his dad into his arms.  Brian set the pasta on the end table and laid his head in Gus’ lap. “Oh, Pops, you know if there was anything I could do for Dad I would. We just need to hope Dan’s lead takes him someplace.


“Lead?” Brian mumbled.


“Yes, I am sure Dan is looking into it and then he’ll give us details.  She emailed Danny. Dan’s trying to track it but fuck, you know how smart Brinn is.” He ran his fingers through Brian’s hair. “Hell, Pops, I’m so confused,” he stroked Brian’s cheek, feeling his dad relax a little. “I love Shelby and the kids so much, but i need a man.  Shelby tries but she just isn’t a guy. I need them both. I need Seth and Shelby. Do you think I could actually love them both?”


“Gus, you’re a good husband, a good father.” Brian’s words were slurred but he seemed sincere. “Are you staying, Gussy?”


“Yes, I am.  Can I share your bed or would you rather I sleep in the guest room?


Brian sat up and Gus stood offering his hand.  Brian took it and as he stood he put his arms around his grown son. “Please sleep with me.  I miss him so much.”


“I know, Pop, I miss him, too, but we both know he needs help.”  As they lay side by side in the large bed, holding hands.


“He was hurting himself. Gussy.  He has never done anything like that.  He…..”


“The doctors will help him,” Gus pulled Brian close, holding him in his arms.  


“What’s wrong, Gussy.  Something has brought you here.”


“I slept with a man without talking about it with Shelby and this time she may not understand.”  Gus took a deep breath and waited until he heard Brian taking deep steady breaths. Gus had to say it outloud, “Pops, I’m afraid I might be falling in love.  I haven’t stopped loving Shelby but I … Seth is so amazing. In your day, he would have given you a run for your money. And he is such an amazing lover. His cock, I have never seen one so large and it can hurt like hell but it  does things to me I have never felt before. Pops, what do I do if Shelby can’t agree? I don’t know if I can live without him and I know I can’t live without my family.

“Gus, sleep.” Brian mumble and Gus held onto his dad as he drifted off.



Danny lead Britt into the bedroom.  Britt pulled him into his arms and kissed Danny until Danny’s whole body trembled. Britt pulled Danny’s shirt off over his head and brought his mouth to Danny’s nipple.  Nipped and teased it as he undid Danny’s pants and slid them down. The two young men and seen each other naked before. They had given each other blowjobs many times but tonight was different By the end of the night they would truly know each other.  Britt turned the vibration on a bit higher and Britt had him sit down as he pulled his jeans off and quickly undressed himself. He sat next to Danny.


“Danny, it is your night.  What do you want?” 


“I want you.  I want you deep inside of me. I want you to take those bead out and you in.  God, I want you so bad.”


Britt pushed Danny back so he was laying on the bed and then he put first one of Danny’s feet on the bed and then the other.   He then bent down and with the string between his teeth he began to pull them out but after the second one, Danny couldn’t handle it anymore.  “Oh, please, PLEASE take them out. I want you! I need you!”


Britt took ahold of the string with his fingers and pulled out the remaining beads quickly and as he tossed them to the side he grabbed a condom he had positioned close.  He slipped it on and covered it with lube. He then looked at Danny. “Babe, lift your hips,” Danny did as he was asked and Britt put a pillow under Danny’s ass, giving it some elevation.  He straddled one of Danny’s legs pushing it closer to his waist and opening Danny up to him while he still could see his beautiful face and kiss those inviting lips. As he sunk slowly into Danny he watched his face.  He saw the tension but very soon saw Danny’s face relax and then he bent and as their lips met he began to stroke Danny’s straining cock but he began to time each movement and as they both began to lose control, Britt thrust with all his might sending them both over the edge and with a cry they both orgasmed and Britt collapsed on top of him.


Marcus and Dan had just laid a sleeping Hannah into her crib when they heard the sound of lovemaking down the hall. Marcus pressed his body against Dan, “I think those boys have the right idea.”


“How quiet can you be?” Dan thrust his hand down Marcus’ pants and began to squeeze him.  Marcus instantly began to thrust toward Dan’s hand.


“How quiet can YOU be?”  Dan hadn’t noticed Marcus undo his pants but all of the sudden, Marcus spun Dan around as his pants fell to his ankles.  Marcus quickly dropped his own and pressing Dan against the changing table, Marcus pressed inward. Dan took in a quick breath not wanting to cry out and wake Hannah.  He reached back and dug his fingers into Marcus’ hips, holding him deep inside of him. As Marcus slowly moved in small circles Dan grabbed one of Hannah’s diapers and placed it over his erection as his whole body trembled as he emptied himself as Marcus filled him from behind. 


Marcus wrapped his arms around Dan’s waist and softly whispered in his ear, “I love you, Darling.”


“God, Red!  You are all I will ever need!”


Marcus slowly removed himself.  Dan laughed softly as he took the diaper he had used and after using one of Hannah’s wipes to clean Marcus up a bit, he  threw them both away. They redressed and both stopped a moment at the crib and gazed down on the beautiful baby. Dan put his arm around Marcus and led him out of the room.  They walked toward their room but Dan wasn’t moving quickly. He pulled out his phone.


“Well, I’m going to be hard all night feeling you up there but I have to go to the office.” 


“Darling, it is almost 10:00.  I thought you could obliged me next,” Marcus kissed his neck.


“Oh, Red, I wish I could but the text I just read tells me we have a lead on Brinn’s email this morning.  I have to check it out.”


“Of course you do.  We need to get that girl home with her dads so Justin can…. Well, Justin can be Justin again. It was so hard seeing him like that today.  He has lost so much weight….” Dan pulled him close.


“I will try to get back by midnight.  If you can wait up that long….” Dan kissed him, slipping his hand into Marcus’ pants and when he found the spot he was searching for, Dan slipped his finger in and stroked downward brushing his prostate gently. He then pulled away.  “I will be back as soon as I can and, god, don’t forget where we were.” And Dan was gone.



Brinn was having trouble sleeping.  She was sitting outside the small house as she brushed her now brunette hair.  Her blonde hair had stuck out too much. Now she blended in much better. Now she spent some of her days on the beach painting.  People had started noticing her talent and asked if she sold her work. She may have to. Tina’s bank accounts were still frozen and there was no way around it without making their location known.  Their money was dwindling quickly. Tina was starting to worry about it so selling her paintings might be a way to pick up a few bucks here and there.


Tonight Brinn couldn’t stop thinking about her dads.  She swore she heard her Daddy’s voice in her head but she knew she couldn’t talk to them yet.  She held her phone wanting to call him. Maybe she could call Gus or John but she was sure Dan had everything in place to track all those phones. Gus’ birthday was next week and she was going to call him that day.  She didn’t care what anyone said. Tina had talked about moving on so she would make sure they were ready to do that and then call.


Brinn couldn’t stop herself.  She called Danny. After several rings, voicemail picked up. “Hey, Danny, I hope you had an amazing birthday.  Please tell my family how much I miss them but I am fine. I love you.” She hung up.  


“Bonita,” a small group of twenty something year old men started to approach from across the street. Brinn quickly went in the cottage and made sure the doors and windows were shut.  Thankfully, they just continued up the street as she got back in bed. As tears ran down her cheeks, Brinn drifted off to sleep.


Danny was buried deep inside of Britt when his phone vibrated.  He barely noticed as he held onto his hips and slapped his pelvis against his ass over and over until they both climaxed and collapsed onto the bed.  


“Holy shit! I have never…” Britt kissed him.  “You are as good at giving as you are receiving.” He reached down and pulled the rubber off of Gus and after throwing it away, he pulled him close. “Your phone, was that a text?”


“No, someone was calling.  I bet my little sister tried calling when our parents went to bed.  I’ll talk to her tomorrow. You are so….” Britt’s mouth claimed Danny’s again and the two started another round of body exploration.  It was about 3:00 a.m. before they finally collapsed in each other’s arms and slept. They both had classes in the afternoon so they had to get some rest.


It had been around 3:30 before Dan got in bed with Marcus.  Marcus mumbled something as Dan moved in close. “Everything good?”


“Sorry, Red, sleep,” Dan spooned tightly against his wonderful husband.  He wanted to love him but didn’t want to disturb him but then Marcus began to rub his ass against Dan’s semi erect penis, Dan reached around and as he stroked Marcus, he slowly entered and he heard Marcus sigh.


“I’ve needed you all night,” Marcus’ sleep husky voice made Dan shiver as he started to move quicker, needing to give pleasure to his man.  After they had finished and Marcus was breathing steadily, Dan started to think about the information he had found. Brinn was just too smart.  He knew they were in Mexico somewhere but Brinn had rerouted through so many exchanges he lost the trail.



The next morning,  Shelby sat by the kitchen island drinking coffee.  She hadn’t slept at all. She had never thought about Gus finding someone they knew.  She had never thought about Gus finding a steady man in his life. She wanted Gus to be happy but could she share her husband with someone they knew?  Maybe she should talk to Isabella. All she really knew was she loved her husband and his needs meant more to her than her own.  



Gus had woken up next to his dad. After dressing he slipped out and made a pot of coffee and dry toast.  He was about to bring it into the bedroom when Dan tapped on the window. Gus waved him in. “Hey, Dan, you’re up early.”


“I was going to say the same thing to you.  What are you doing here this morning?”


“Don’t ask.  Let’s just say that Shelly needed a little time away from me so I slept here.”


“Gus, anything I can do?”


“Well, obviously you are here to see Pops.  He’s going to have a massive hangover. Would you mind bringing these in to him and, face it, take care of him.”


“Maybe I can help lift his spirits a little.”

“Brinn!  Do you know….”


“Gus, I would have flown in here if I had found her but  I know she is in Mexico, or was yesterday but, damn, your sister is too smart to let us pin her down. I have one of my best agent’s on his way down there.  I figured he could start on the Gulf side. I sent him to some of the larger places and then told him to check a half hour out. I wanted to send Tyler but if Brinn saw him they could disappear overnight.”  Dan reflexively hugged Gus. “Go check on your wife and then get to work. I’ll take care of Brian. It isn’t the first time.” He kissed Gus’ cheek feeling very fatherly today.  


“Thanks, Dan.  I think I will do that, Just to make sure she is alright.”  Gus said this more to himself as he left the house.


Dan added a second cup and the whole pot of coffee along with the toast and walked to the bedroom.  “Good morning, gorgeous,” Dan said softly. “Your son sent me in with coffee and toast.


Brian moaned as he turned over and faced Dan who had sat on the side of the bed Gus had slept on.  Brian sat up and reached for the coffee. The cup Gus had poured was cool enough for Gus to down and then Dan poured a hot cup for each of them.  After sipping some of the hot coffee and taking a bite of toast, Brian finally spoke, “Did you say Gus left already? Damn, he was telling me some things last night and I was too fucked up to help him.  Why was he even here last night?”


“Not sure,” Dan brushed Brian’s hair back from his face.  “You need a haircut,” he said offhandedly. “He didn’t tell me why he was here other than Shelby needed time alone.  He was stopping there before going to work.” Dan sipped the coffee and then set the cup down and took Brian’s from him. He put an arm around Brian’s shoulders and pulled him close, kissing him softly.


“Dan, you’re scaring the hell out of me.  What do you know about Brinn?”


“As of yesterday she was in Mexico.  That daughter of yours is so fuckin’ smart. Danny got a text yesterday for his birthday.  She bounced it through 20 plus countries but we lost the trail in Mexico but they were sure that’s where it started.  I have a man that will be on the ground in the next hour.”


Brian dropped his head on Dan’s shoulder but then brought his lips back to Dan’s and began to rub his own crotch.  He pulled away and dropped his head down on his chest, “I miss him so much. I just can’t….” Dan began rubbing Brian’s dick through his flimsy briefs and then his fingers went into the open flap and began stroking him  “Oh, Dan, what’s happened to my…” Brian” body climaxed and Dan kissed him once more.


“Justin will get past this.  He is strong and he’s a fighter.”


“Find our baby.  He needs her.”


“I will, if I have to go there myself.” Dan ached for his friends.  “Want to hear some good news?”


Brian’ smiled gently “I would love to.”


“Well, Danny’s boyfriend stayed the night. He is so happy and, I haven’t even told Marcus yet but, we are going to be given permanent custody of Hannah.  Of course if some family shows up that will change but they have decided her mother will never recover so as long as now arrives she is ours. I didn’t know what  that kind of love really was until we got Danny and now Hannah. Brian, know that I will do whatever it takes to get your girl home.”


Brian wrapped his arms around him and started to cry. “I know if anyone can you can, Dan.  They won’t let me see him, Dan. Don’t they know we need each other. For at least a week, I can’t even touch him.”


“Brian, I think you might still be a little drunk.  Why don’t you take a shower. I will make you some real breakfast and then together we will call the hospital and my man in Mexico.”



Gus entered the house and found Shelby staring across the valley toward Dan’s house. She heard the door but didn’t turn around.


“Shelly, I just wanted to make sure you were alright.” He walked up to her and started to reach out but then drew his hands back.


“I’m Ok. I’m going to have lunch with Isabella.”


“May I come back tonight?”


“Yes, Gus, we will talk tonight.” Shelby turned around and looked at him. “I love you, Gussy.” She gently kissed his lips and moved up the staircase.


Gus knew he wasn’t welcome to follow her so he turned and walked out the door.


Danny woke up to the feel of Britt’s mouth on his cock.  He slowly began to gently thrust his hips to his mouth and soon Britt’s talented tongue had him emptying himself again.  He wasn’t sure how many times they had cum that night but Danny had never felt so amazing.


They showered and when they got out, Danny saw Marcus had texted that he was going to town with Hannah and that breakfast was waiting in the oven.  They dressed and went to the kitchen. It smelled great. There was bacon and scrambled eggs. There were pancakes and fresh fruit. The young men ate breakfast, feeding each other and kissing between bites.


“Britt, I...thanks for last night.  I mean for coming and putting up with my dads. I know Dan can be a bit overbearing.”


“It’s only because he loves you, Junior.”  Britt kissed him once more. “I hate to say it but we should probably get going.  You want to follow me so I can show up at school in that amazing birthday present of yours?”


“Sure. Hey, didn’t you bring  a gift bag with you last night? I mean I’m guessing it is my gift?”


“Oh, ya.  I was so busy giving it to you….”  Britt picked up the bag and handed it to Danny.    


Danny reached in and pulled out a small box.  “I’m sorry, I don’t have a lot of extra….” Britt was embarrassed for a moment.  Danny was used to the Reed money now.  


Danny opened it and pulled out an engraved key chain.  It had D + B on it. “Oh, Britt, I love it. It is perfect with the new car. Britt,” he put his arms around his neck.  I couldn’t ask for a better boyfriend.” Danny quickly put his key on the chain and then grabbed his book bag.


“Are you ready, Britt? I’ll follow you.”


Gus had a meeting and had forgotten his laptop at the office so he had to stop by.  He didn’t really want to take the chance and run into Seth but he had no choice. As he walked into his office, he found Seth sitting on his sofa. He jumped not expecting anyone to be there. “Seth, what are you doing here?”


“G, I just had to see you.  Are you alright? What happened with Shelby? I know Bella is having lunch with her.”


“I told her about us...well, I told her about us at the festival.  I couldn’t tell her about yesterday and I couldn’t tell her how I feel…” as soon as he had said it, he wished he hadn’t.”Never mind.  I have to go. I will be late for a meeting.” He grabbed his computer and threw it in the case but as he turned around, Seth stood in his way. 


Seth’s knuckle traced Gus’ jawline.  “G, you’ll have to admit it some time.  We had sex but there is a hell of a lot more going on here.” His lips barely touched Gus’ cheek but it burned deep in the pit of Gus’ pelvis through his meeting and the remainder of the day.



Shelby met Bella at Wine and Design.  She expected to go to the diner but Bella greeted her as she walked in, “I hope you don’t mind, I had time to throw a salad together and I thought a little privacy might be nice.”


Shelby agreed and they went up the back stairs to their living area.  “Isabella, I really appreciate this. I’m just so…”


“You look wrecked,” Bella said straight out.


“I didn’t sleep at all last night,” Shelby dropped onto a stool in the kitchen as Isabella threw the salads together. “You know that Seth and Gus….”


“Yes, I know,” she set a salad in front of Shelby and sat next to her with her bowl.  “I knew Seth was a bisexual man when I married him and I knew he may need to be with men to be completely fullfilled.  Part of that meant he would need to be with others. I may be able to tie on a strap on but it is different. I had to decide if I wanted Seth and all he is or did I need to find someone else.  I decided I loved him too much to live without him. Yes, I share him physically, but he is all mine emotionally and after he has been with a man, god, the sex is so much better. He is more creative, more needy, just more!”


“But don’t you worry about diseases or growing distant.”


“Seth is always careful, isn’t Gus?”


“Yes, he is, and before we were married and played a bit he got checked regularly.”


“Well then, Shel, let our men have sex from time to time.  If they get together once a week or twice a month….we will both benefit.  They will be content. They won’t feel the need to wander.”


The women ate   in silence for a while as Shelby thought about it.  “Do you always know when he has had sex with someone?”


“Not when he has a regular.  Where we lived before Gus had a standing weekly ‘date’.  Because they were both musicians and worked nights their time was early Friday morning.  Instead of getting home at 3:00 a.m. Seth would walk in the door about 7:00 with a box of pastries and a smile on his face.  Sometimes we would have sex then but most times we’d share the treats and a cup of coffee. He would kiss me goodbye and I’d go to work.  By the time I got home the man had dinner made for me and we would eat together before he had to leave for work then when he got home the man was so into me that neither of us slept.  Seth is a much better man when he has a man in his life and I like it when I know who the man is.” Isabella took a deep breath, “Can I be completely honest?”


“Please,” Shelby said and took her hand.


“I don’t worry about him picking up the wrong person at a gay bar when it is someone I know.” She stopped talking and took a deep breath.  “Yes, it can make a bit of an awkward situation once in a while but Seth is discrete. We set up rules long ago. I don’t mind seeing him give a lover a quick kiss but he knows the rest is done in private.  I don’t want to see it and I don’t want to have others see it either.”


“I don’t think I could stand seeing him with Seth. but I do want him happy.  Gus is such an amazing husband and father. I guess there is a lot worse stuff he could be into.”


“Shelby let Gus be Gus and he will never leave you.”

 

With that the women finished their lunch and went their own way.  Shelby still wasn’t comfortable with her decision but she knew what she was going to do.  As she drove away she began planning their evening. She couldn’t stop herself from thinking about their time with Lucky but this was different.  This was sex and only sex. She had to believe that but somewhere in her heart she couldn’t see Gus in a relationship and not getting emotionally involved.