- Text Size +

 

 

 

CHAPTER TEN: DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE… EVEN IF SOMETIMES THEY’RE REALLY YOUR NIGHTMARES


LINDSAY


I’m so pissed off I could scream! I could chew nails and spit them in the crack of that usurping little blond’s ample ass! I could… Well, I could do something else, but I can’t think it right now; I’m so fucking pissed off! God, I need MY FIX!


I take a deep breath, trying to get my heartrate back under control. This isn’t how a well-bred young woman is supposed to act. But surely there are reasons, the first being that Justin stole Brian out from under me. At first when they started fucking around, I thought it was just that… fucking! But every single time I turned around, there they were, hanging all over each other even if Brian refused to acknowledge aloud that he felt more than lust for Justin. 


The worst thing was when my little sly innuendos about Brian being tamed no longer seemed to work. I don’t know if it’s because Melanie warned him about what I was doing, or if his general disregard was because he was too caught up in falling for Justin. It rankles beyond belief that I- who have been here for him in every aspect of his life for at least the last ten years- am being shut out of Brian’s life in favor of a younger, newer, MALE clone of me. I just know that if Justin had stayed his ass where he belonged, be it in Craig’s house or in California, Brian certainly would have come around to my way of thinking. 


But that is not what happened!


And now it’s too late! I look with disdain at the freshly-pressed orange jumpsuit the warden told me to change into. He said that whereas I would be allowed my own clothes when I reach the rehab I’m being forced into, he still had to maintain protocol for the sake of the other prisoners housed here. I call BULLSHIT. This is just one more unpalatable indignity I have to endure before I can finally have access to a phone to set some things in motion. If Justin thinks he’s going to ride off into the sunset of the West Coast without my hand reaching out to knock him off of his high horse, he’s got another think coming! 


His and Brian’s disobedience will have far-reaching consequences; I’m going to make sure of it.  


JUDGE PATRICIA NEWSOME


When Duane contacted me this afternoon to perform an impromptu wedding ceremony, I had my reservations. I’m not one of those pious judges who hold with the enforced practice of shotgun weddings. I’m wholeheartedly pro-Women's Rights, and don’t make any bones about it. As a woman in a male-dominated profession, I find any way I can fight the bureaucracy and solidarity of the ‘Boys Club’ is an effort worth exerting myself for. However, when Duane explained the circumstances surrounding this particular marriage, I couldn’t help but smile and agree to do this. 


Lindsay Peterson is a detriment to peace of minds everywhere, and not in a good way. For any number of years, I have watched as she wreaked havoc on any family she chose to target, only to swan away unscathed by rubble left in her wake. And now, one of her victims is offering to take this harridan on for the sake of Jenn Taylor’s son and his husband. Ordinarily, I wouldn’t sanction such a blatant act of revenge. But for John to have his chance to grow Lindsay up at last, while making her as miserable as she makes everyone else with her constant entitlement issues and spoiled child games, just this once I can readjust my moral compass and put my halo back on once my part in this is complete.


The bottom line is this woman must be stopped, before someone takes it upon themselves to make her do so… Permanently. So far, she has remained on the right side of the law, and couldn’t technically be held responsible for the death of the Cartwrights, even though her suggestion caused Lois to take both hers and Henry’s lives in an act of desperation. Hearing John describe it, once I’d called him after getting off the phone with Duane, nearly broke my heart. I don’t know if I could be as strong as he is by staying on the right side of the law while correcting such a grievous wrong set in motion because of this woman.


But John Cartwright, above all else, is a man of integrity. Where many others might give into the temptation to physically abuse Lindsay in retaliation, he’s determined to show her the error of her ways by giving her huge doses of her own medicine. To risk sounding cliche, if you don’t want to do the time, don’t do the crime. And whereas no actual crime has been committed by Lindsay’s hands, with the exception of what she did to Brian Kinney, Melanie Marcus, and little Gus, she still needs to be held accountable for every single thing she’s done which there should have been laws to protect the unsuspecting people who have crossed her path down through the years. I honestly can’t wait to see how all of this plays out.


JOHN


“Is all in readiness? I want to have this done and over with as soon as possible,” I say, as I enter the small conference room within the Women’s Correctional Facility. 


“Yeah, it is,” Duane confirms before asking, “But John, seriously, are you sure you want to do this?”


“Yes. Why would you think I would be having second thoughts now?”


“You and Julian, for one…”


“Are going to be just fine, Man. We’ve already decided to date…”


“How, when he’s going to be mainly living in California while you’re here playing disciplinarian to someone else’s full-grown wayward child?”


I snicker at his description of Lindsay, which is entirely accurate in so many ways. “First, he and I have agreed to have date nights on the computer; just us, behind a locked door to do whatever it is that he and I decide, be it conversation, a movie or… well, just OR. Then when he’s in town, we’re going to carve out some time for each other. In a lot of ways, this is probably for the best anyway.”


“What? How do you figure that?”


“Because I have to wait to jump his bones.” I laugh. “Trust me, that’s been difficult to resist since I met him. But this way, we can really get to know each other without the urgency of getting laid. I’ve never… well, I’ve never wanted to do that with someone before. It’s all new territory, which makes me think this can really be something- if cultivated correctly, from the start- lasting.”


“You really want him to be your last first date, don’t you?” Duane looks at me in wonderment.


“Yeah, I do. I find that I don’t want to control him like I do everything else in my life. That has to mean something, right?”


We’re interrupted by the arrival of several others, including the newly minted Taylor-Kinneys. I raise an eyebrow in question, but both Brian and Justin just laugh lightly. “Forgive the intrusion, but when Daphne told us this was happening, we had to come see it for ourselves,” Justin said.


“Besides, seeing us here together will only cement this for you,” Brian adds.


“How do you figure that?”


“Because when the judge asks if anyone objects, she’ll expect me to. And when I say nothing, only smirk in response, Lindsay will feel she needs to save face. It’s how she operates, John. With her humiliation on the line, she’ll school her features to serene placidity, even though the anger that I will do nothing to stop her will be evident in her eyes. It’s best that you learn that particular look now, since you’ll no doubt see it often when she doesn’t get her way.”


“That’s true,” Justin advises. “Unlike Michael, she won’t pout or whine, but she will plot and plan in retaliation. It’s best you know what it looks like so you can call her on it if you want to. Otherwise, she’ll think she’s fooled you into believing she’s the Madonna. But a word of advice…”


“Which is?”


“Pick your time to call her on that look wisely. Lindsay can backpedal better than Lance Armstrong physically can, and much faster too. Don’t underestimate her antics. I think that’s where a lot of people make their mistakes with her, and as a result she feels she has to keep proving that she can be even worse than the last offense. A tantruming entitled child trapped in an adult body with an insatiable thirst for power is what you’re dealing with.”


And you know what? I have to take their advice- but especially Justin’s- under advisement. After all, he has experience dealing with this type of person, considering Craig Taylor. Julian couldn’t wait to call and tell me how Justin just force-fed Craig his own ass to swallow. That young man is ready for whatever life may bring him, including being a boss with a staff of his own. 


People would do really well NOT to underestimate him.


“Duly noted,” I confirm to them as they move off to take a couple of seats within the room. 


Just looking at them right now, it’s not hard to understand Lindsay’s jealousy of Justin. In a few short months, he managed to do what she and her partner-in-petulance, Novotny, couldn’t even if they melded to become one complete person. Add to that, a sense of self that even I envy to a degree, and it makes me question what the hell I was thinking at nineteen years old. I mean sure, I had business and education concerns to think of, but I was a lot less focused than Justin Taylor-Kinney is. It really is amazing to see him be so driven and goal-oriented at his young age.


Perhaps that’s what Brian really does for him, despite the obvious. Maybe he feeds Justin’s need to be creative and overachieve, more than anything else. Sometimes it seems like he’s working to dispel every myth and misconception people have regarding blonds, much in the way inner-city kids tend to work to get out of the projects they were born into. But watching them laugh right now with their heads together like secret-telling little kids, it’s so clear that whatever binds them together- and makes them seemingly indestructible- definitely isn’t monetary or tangible. They also allow each other to play; to relax in the knowledge that they are both emotionally safe with the other.


It’s what I hope for Julian and I to have one day.


“Ready to begin?” Judge Newsome asks me, as she comes to rest beside me.


“Yes, Your Honor.”


“Well, for what it’s worth if no one else has told you, I appreciate your sacrifice in dealing with Lindsay. I’ve wanted to see her brought down a peg or eight-hundred, for years. But unfortunately, I’m not one of her parents, or even her sister, and with my position it would have just looked as if I was picking on her.”


“I understand. Hopefully by the end of this, she will remember the verse which says, ‘Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you’. If not, I will leave this faux-relationship with a clear conscience, and let her take her chances with all those she’s already offended. I can’t imagine they will be nice about taking her down.”


“Ultimately, that’s what I’ve been afraid of,” she tells me. “Lindsay’s personality as a whole makes the perfect motive for murder. And let me tell you, any judge who knows her, would be hard-pressed to convict the perpetrator.”


I chuckle at Judge Newsome’s pronouncement, even as the doors open at the back of the room. Lindsay is being led into the room by her mother, and another officer. She must have pitched a bitch at the shackles which normally would accompany a prisoner being moved from pillar to post within the facility, which would explain their notable absence. But no matter. After all, she’s still wearing the handcuffs. 


Duane’s sister, in all her deviousness, manages to snap two pictures with her cellphone as Lindsay progresses down the aisle. I can see the mirth in Nancy’s eyes, even as I see the flash of anger in Lindsay’s that Brian and Justin warned me about. No doubt, if she could, she would have gone after Daphne just then. Something tells me from the bold look Daphne Chanders aimed back in Lindsay’s direction that the young woman would have welcomed the opportunity to put Lindsay on her ass. Duane always said that Daphne may be small in stature, but that only makes her more vicious in a confrontation; I believe him.


Judge Newsome goes through the all the rigmarole of a traditional wedding ceremony as Lindsay and I stand there. Whereas I’m looking at her, out of the corner of my eye I see the moment Lindsay realizes that Brian and Justin are in attendance. Perhaps it was the fact that Jennifer Taylor is dressed in the white Lindsay probably thought she should be for this occasion. But seriously, we’re not trying to lie to anyone, are we? In all honesty, Lindsay should be dressed in black sackcloth if that’s the case, since a virgin she most certainly is NOT.


“Is there anyone here, who can show just cause to prohibit this marriage?” Judge Newsome asks, and as predicted, Lindsay looks over to where Brian and Justin are sitting, hugged up and smirking in her direction. “Speak now, or forever hold your peace,” she adds.


When no expected interruption was forthcoming, I looked back to Lindsay in time to catch the look again that Brian and Justin spoke about. The slight flair of her nostrils reminds me of a barely-contained dragon. However, unless you were looking for the tell-tale signs of her anger, one would never notice that behind that serene countenance is a woman already hellbent on revenge. Once the ‘I dos’ are said, and I place a chaste kiss on her lips, I look over to Julian. Surprisingly, he has a wink and a smile for me; much more than the cold-hearted bitch I’ve just married.


Amid the small crowd of faux-congratulations to her, she continues to grimace. That’s fine. I’m no more happy than she is. However, what Julian whispers in my ear as I move past him makes me laugh, much to her increased disgruntlement. He told me to hurry up and do her, so that we can go for a drink.


My plan in a nutshell.


By the time we reach the room designated as the space to consummate this travesty, she has finally deigned to speak to me. “I hope you don’t think this gives you the upperhand.”


“I don’t have to think anything, Lindsay; I know I have it. Be advised that we haven’t fucked yet, so there is still time for an annulment. Judge Newsome is still in the building.”


“And just how many times over the period of time we’re married do you intend to throw the terms of this arrangement up in my face?”


“Per the prenup you signed, anytime I feel like it. I do hope you read it all the way through.”


“Only as much as I could stomach,” she sneers, while I chuckle.


“Well, that won’t help your case since you can’t say you weren’t advised of the rules. You were expected to be an adult and read the contract ALL the way through. It’s apparent that you have yet to learn that your actions have consequences, but you’ll learn. Oh yeah, dear, you’ll learn.”


“What the fuck is that supposed to mean?”


“First of all, LANGUAGE, Lindsay. The right to use profanity towards me at any time comes with a price your current bank balance cannot afford.”


“What do you mean by that?”


“It means that your current balance is three-hundred and ten dollars.”


The look on her face is priceless, as she digests what I’ve just said to her. “Bu- But that’s impossible! There’s over twenty thousand dollars in my account!”  


“Not anymore there isn’t. The person who had your power of attorney until I assumed it with the signing of that marriage certificate signed to put the funds you siphoned from Gus’ support account and his trust fund, back where it belonged. Such a shame, Lindsay. I mean, to steal from adults is one thing, but from a child... YOUR OWN CHILD and from an account you in no way contributed to? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Well, no need to mention that again, since that debt has been satisfied, right?”


“But that would mean… OH THAT BITCH!”


I mock-sigh in response. “Again with the crudeness, Lindsay, let’s be real here. The ONLY bitch in your life is YOU. Lynette is not a bitch; she is a lady of class and elegance, who chose to do right by her nephew and his RIGHTFUL parents.”


“But I’m his mother!”


“No, you are not. You were merely the vessel, one which brought Gus into the world. You are also the person who abused him, and the trust that Melanie and Brian put in you. You are many other things, including a thief and a drug addict, but you are most certainly NOT a mother… Well unless it’s followed by one very specific six-letter word.”


She gasped, and I cut her off, uninterested in hearing anything else she had to say. “Now, we have a limited time to get this done. I’m going to tell you now that it will not be romantic in any manner, as this is merely to seal a business arrangement…”


She mutters, “Jesus. At least Brian had the good grace to kiss me and…”


I’m not even going to let her get away with making the one time Kinney had a lapse in judgement into something it was not. “I’m sure that Brian was envisioning someone far different from you; same as I will be. In fact, that person will have an appendage you are most certainly missing, not counting your personal ‘Glinda the Good Witch’ that I’m sure you and many other women may have hidden away at their disposal. Let’s NOT forget that he was also DRUNK, so no. You don’t get to rewrite history to suit your own delusional narrative ever again. That said, again, this is not going to be romantic, but I do intend to cum. You should do whatever it is that makes you enjoy the experience, or not. Honestly, it doesn’t make any difference to me. And as your husband, I’ve already checked with your gynecologist- a Dr. Sampson- to make sure your shot is up to date. So there will not be any occurrences of false unintentional-intentional pregnancies during this arrangement, or if there is, the child will clearly NOT be mine, so I won’t be taking care of either of you. You’ll receive an allowance, and until you find a job your other basic expenses will be paid.”


“Why the fuck did I marry you? Why did I sign that damn contract?”


I laugh at her continued pouting. “Plain and simple, dear. You wanted out of prison, free and clear. Well, I’m happy to inform you that you basically just traded the iron bars for a gilded cage of my making. But aw… cheer up, Sweetheart. You just got everything you’ve ever wanted, just not the way you wanted it, which was to marry a well-off GAY man. I don’t think I need to remind you that the one you wanted wasn’t interested in you, and is now TAKEN. So there’s no need to complain about the choices you’ve made while being forced to move on, now is there?”


“I hate you!”


“Good. Because I’ve already seen the damage you do to the people you supposedly loved, and it’s tragic. Be then it just goes to show what a toxic bitch you are. Now drop the jumpsuit and get on your knees, facing away from me. I don’t need to see your face to know I’m fucking you.”


And so the deed is consummated, and Lindsay is well and truly my human cross to bear for a little while. She had a good time, in spite of herself. Which will have to last her for a very long time, because the last place I will EVER be again, is inside of Lindsay. After the deed was done, the warden assured me that Lindsay would be given the outfit Nancy picked out for her to wear to the rehab, and the new and improved cell phone equipped with everything I need to make Lindsay’s life a living hell. And as I stand here beneath the spray of the hot, cleansing shower, I smile.


Phase one is complete, and all is in readiness to begin phase II. Welcome Lindsay Peterson to the warped season of “THIS IS YOUR LIFE”. Have fun reaping what you’ve sown, Bitch!