- Text Size +

Prologue 

Can’t Do Life Without You #11

The next four years


For the Taylor-Kinneys, life was never dull.  Brian and Justin started putting their four year plan in place after the first of the year.  Kinnetik Enterprises started the process of moving to the West Coast. The first step was to get a building big enough to house the advertising, hospitality, and investment departments.  Brian had offered to move Ted and Blake out but Blake had his own business and Ted was ready to slow down. He would stay in the Kinnetik office in Pittsburgh. Peter was going to head the Advertising division while Tony would run the hospitality branch.  Brian put the word out to manage the other investments out in California while Ted oversaw it from Pittsburgh. Gus designed the new building with his dads and ground was broken the next year.  


Once Gus found a site foreman he moved on to houses for Peter and John.  Peter and Becca decided to build in town. It was close to Peter’s office and Becca would open her own counseling center eventually.  The kids were growing fast. By the time they moved out they were able to start middle school in California.


John and Tony were ready to move, too.  Tony’s hours would finally be more 8 to 5 and John would be closer to the flights Brian and Dan needed him for.  Jonna would enter high school once they moved and Matty, John and Tony hoped the move would help him find himself.  He seemed to be floundering through life.  


Matty had gone to New Oleans a couple times to visit his mother.  Tina had stayed there and married Calvin. Matty actually liked him but he just couldn’t forgive his mom.  When he graduated, the spring before the move, he wasn’t sure what he wanted to do. Brinn offered him a job at the lab as a gopher until he could figure out what he wanted to do.  He basically did anything that needed to be done and did so without complaining but Brinn wished he had a love for something like she did.


Brinn completed her doctorate the next spring and Zach had  joined her in the research lab Brian funded. They managed to hire one of the leading researchers in the field.  He and Brinn 

had very different views but both were worth  studying and they had made some progress. Brinn knew she needed him as the face of the lab.  Who was going to listen to a teenager. Zach had moved into one of the cottages and although Brinn officially lived in the main house with her dads, she spent many of her nights at the cottage. Zach had a setback with his Cystic Fibrosis about a year into his relationship with Brinn and ended up needing to take time off.   He spent a lot of time in the main house while Brinn was at work so he wasn’t alone. Justin was in and out enough to check on him.


Zach hated his fragility.  He watched Brinn go to work everyday to help him live a better life and he couldn’t do much of anything.  He couldn’t even love her the way she deserved when he was sick. His Lulu Star was amazing. She was his superhero.


Justin and Brian were glad Zach was part of their family. While watching Zach and Brinn interacting Justin saw his daughter as Zach’s hero of sorts. One afternoon while Justin kept Zach company Justin started sketching “Lulu Star, Super Hero”. He showed it to Zach and while Zach laid on the sofa they had started a new cartoon.  Soon they had the first edition completed and it was sent to Justin’s publisher from years ago. Brinn still thought it was funny they had made her a hero but it made her love Zach all the more.


Brinn was so happy that Zach fit in with her family so well.  Gus and Zach had become like brothers. When Zach was up to it he enjoyed helping Gus with some of his smaller projects, especially if it was for the house they had designed for Brinn and Zach to live in.  Zach was ready to make a commitment to her. Well, they had been committed from day one but Brinn was now old enough to marry him and he hoped that would happen soon although Brinn said she didn’t have time to plan a marriage but she was very excited to move in with him very soon. She wanted them to have their own place where she could take care of her husband and he could take care of her without her dads watching them every minute.


Zach and Danny had also become friends.  Danny and Brinn still had a special relationship but Zach understood that.  Danny and Britt were still in a relationship but it had changed. They were no longer exclusive although still saw each other from time to time. Danny had gone away to PA school and they both decided to do a little exploring while they were apart.   In the summer Danny came back and worked in the lab with Brinn.  


Gus and Seth still met every Monday and about four times a year they went away for a weekend.  Isabella and Seth had separated about two years into their relationship. They parted on good terms but Bella was ready to move on and Seth had found his home, not just because of Gus.  He loved his job at Wine and Design and was tired of moving every few years which was Bella’s lifestyle. Gus had never thought of leaving his wife for his lover but there were times he would like to spend another night with Seth but never wanted to hurt Shelby.


In four years, Gus and Shelby’s life had changed.  Their children went from preschool part time to being in elementary school giving Shelby time to work many more hours for Janna’s Hope.    Shelby enjoyed helping with the missing child cases. Her main focus was on the families and giving them the support they needed. When Becca arrived on the West Coast permanently they were able to work much more as a team.  Becca still had her counseling also but she split her time between the two.


Brian had to admit that the birthday he refused to acknowledge was approaching quickly.  Justin had been asked to go down under for a gallery opening so they were going to do a tour of Asia and then end up in Australia.  They were leaving after the first of the year and planned to be home by the fourth of July for the grandkids birthdays. Brian had helped plan the Asian portion  of the trip but Justin had insisted on keeping the Australian portion of the trip a surprise. They both were looking forward to seeing some new things but more importantly, they would be together with no one needing anything.


Let the trip of a lifetime begin.

 

 

 

Chapter 1

 

“Happy New Year’s Eve!”  Zach smiled up from between Brinn’s leg as she gasped.  


“I have to say the first time you did that to me was good but hell, it doesn’t compare to what you do to me now.  Get up here!” Brinn, pulled Zach, gently by the hair up between her legs until their lips met. He slid into her and began moving rhythmically at a slow pace until Brinn’s nails dug into his back driving him to thrust so hard Brinn’s head hit her headboard and collapsed on top of her.  She rolled over with him and continued moving up and down until she felt his release and crying out at the same time herself.  


As she rolled off him, there was a knock on the door, “You two alright in there?  We heard a bang.” Brian could barely finish the sentence through his laughter.


“No, Dad, I have a headache.  Zach slammed me so hard it might be a concussion.”  Brinn looked at Zach and had to laugh at his expression.  He still wasn’t used to having people talk about sex like her family did. 


Brian’s laughter faded as he walked away.  Zach looked at Brinn, “I am so glad we are moving into our place today.”  


Brinn kissed him and turned over.  She took his nebuliser into the bathroom and came back with the machine cleaned and ready for him to use.  After four years they had the pattern down. Brinn kissed him once more before putting the mask over his nose and mouth.  She snuggled up next to him as her hand traced his chest and hands. “It will be amazing to have our own place. I’m glad you and Gus planned the house or we would never have gotten into our own place.  You two work great together. You work well with my daddy, too.” As the machine made a soft purring sound as Brinn began to stroke him, not in an overtly sexual way but as someone who enjoyed the feel of her lover’s body.  


By the time Zach took off the mask he rolled over and pinned her underneath him. Within seconds he had her laughing hysterically as he tickled her but his fingers went from under her arms to her breasts and then the giggling started changing as his hand wandered farther down.  He fingers slid in and out of her several times before he moved his fingers further back. As he played with her little bud she started to squirm.  


“We don’t have time for that,” she said as she tried to roll away.


“You’re probably right. Let’s shower one last time in this little shower stall and tonight we can take a bath …. Oh wait, I don’t want to ruin the surprise.”  Gus and Zach refused to let her see the master suite. That was their gift to her.   


As they stood in the shower, Zach helped Brinn wash her long, silky hair, running his fingers through it.  “So tell me about our new room.”


“Brinn, you have asked me for the last six months, do you think I am going to tell you last day?”


“I don’t have to wait until midnight, do I?” She turned pouty lips up to him.


“No darling. Let’s get out of here so we can move.  This was probably a bad day to move. I know we will be spending New Year’s Eve at Wine and Design.  How can we unpack?”


“Chase, we have our whole lives to unpack and make love.”



Brian crawled back into bed and nuzzled Justin’s stomach with his head and then moved lower and started playing with Justin’s cock, “You’re going to miss teasing those two.”


“Ya,” Brian flicked his tongue across the tip of Justin’s growing cock. His hand continued to stroke and continued, “I know she is just across the property but she our baby.”


“Our baby who has been in love with a man for four years and I am so glad he’s a good man but...I still don’t like to think about her with anyone.”


Justin pressed Brian’s head toward his cock and Brian greedily took it in his greedy mouth.  Moments later Justin arched off the bed as Brian milked him of every last drop. 


“Brian Kinney, have I told you lately how much I love you.”


“Yes,” Brian moved up and kissed him, “you tell me every day, Sunshine.”


“I can’t believe in less than two weeks we will be in Asia after a few days in Hawaii.”


Justin turned over offering himself to Brian.  He moved in quickly, getting the gasp he wanted to from Justin.  Justin had asked more than once for Brian to find something to spank him with but he had only done so a couple of times and hadn’t used anything besides his hands  but he knew Justin still longed for more sometimes.


As Brian thrust over and over, Jusitn said, “You...know...Asia….has….lots of sex hooooouuses.”  Brian came deep inside him, and I hope we can find some places to play while we’re there.”  


Brian moved back and turned Justin to look him in his eyes,  “I am not going to hurt you, Sunshine.”


“Maybe some discomfort?”


“You are such a weirdo, Justin Taylor Kinney!  God, I love you.” They kissed once more. “I suppose we better get dressed so we can help our beautiful daughter, and the man of her dreams, move into a place of their own.”


They showered quickly and soon were out having a cup of coffee with Brinn and Zach. Moments later Gus walked in, “Are you ready to head over?  Seth, Dan, Danny and Marcus are going to meet us over there. Seth just texted that the furniture is on its way so let’s get moving folks?”


“What’s got you all worked up, big brother?”  Brinn walked over and hugged her brother. When her mouth was by his ear she whispered, “Is everything set?”  She felt him nod. “Let’s get this move in motion.”


Their personal clothes and such had been loaded into their cars last night so all that was left was their overnight bags.  Brian and Justin got in with Gus while Brinn and Zach drove their own vehicles over.    


On the way to the new house which had been built near Stone House,  Brian looked at Gus, “So have you decided how you are spending your New Year’s Eve?”


“Well, Shelby and I will be at Wine and Design for the big party but I will see how the evening goes.  I will know Shelby’s mood by the end of the night. Can she ride back with you if….”


“Of course.  I have a car rented for the night so the driver will get us all to our destinations safely.”


“Thanks, Pops.  If I end up going home I will probably ride back with you, too.”


“Won’t you and Seth be going to Stone House?”


“Not tonight. We can use the apartment now that Bella is gone so it depends on the night.”


“Why do I think you are hiding something?”


“I may as well tell you.  Zach’s parents and youngest sister are coming in right after lunch.  They are staying at Stone House tonight. His parents will use the bedroom and his sister can sleep on the couch.  Brinn wanted Zach alone the first night.”


“Brinn set this all up?”


“Ya, she knew how upset Zach was that he didn’t make it to Louisiana for Christmas.  It didn’t take much convincing when Brinn told them John would pick them up in the private jet.”


“You mean John took my plane out without me knowing it?”  Brian had an edge to his voice.


“John could never say no to Miss Thing.”  Gus smiled at Brian as he pulled up to the new house.


“I hope Zach knows what he is getting into.” Gus saw Seth pull up and ran over to him


Seth took Gus in his arms, “Hey, G, are we on for tonight?”


“Oh, Seth, I wish I knew.  Can we play it by ear?” Gus bit his ear lobe and drug his teeth on it.


“Oh, G, you know….”


“If Shelby needs me at home, I promise we will get a few minutes alone at least.  It would serve her right if I can’t walk normally, but she doesn’t want me walking anyway.”  They kissed once more and separated just as the furniture truck pulled up.  


The next three hours were spent moving furniture and unboxing household appliances.  Brinn had tried several times to enter the bedroom but Zach, Gus, and Seth wouldn’t let her.  Zach walked into the bedroom from the bath and caught Gus and Seth kissing with their hands down each others’ pants.  “Um, guys, you are not going to have sex in our room before Brinn and I do.”


“Does that mean we can have sex here sometime?” Gus asked and then started laughing.  “I think it is time for my sister to see her room. It looks perfect, Zach. She is going to be so pleased and I am sure she will be full of gratitude.”

“I just want her full of me?”


“Shut up, Zach.  Knowing you screw my sister and hearing about it are two different things.” Gus slapped his back.  “I will see if she is available to come up. Come here.” Gus said to Seth and kissed him once more. “God I want to…”


“Shut up, Gus.” Zach said  as Gus and Seth walked out the door.  


Gus immediately went to find Brinn.  “Have you heard from John?” he asked.


“Yes, they will be landing in 45 minutes. Everything is done so everyone can leave now, not that there is enough time for us to christen our bedroom properly.” Brinn looked over at Seth, “And don’t get any ideas about going next door.  I have that place ready for company.” She kissed Seth on the cheek and then kissed Gus. “Can you say goodbye to everyone for me? Tell them Thank you and that I will see them all tonight.”


Brian and Justin watched Brinn rush up the stairs.  “I am guessing that is our cue to leave. Gus, do Zach’s parents need a ride here?”  Brian smiled.

“I was going to,” Gus said, “but if you wouldn’t mind, I would like to go home and play with the kids before they go over to Tyler and Molly’s for the night.  Brenda is watching all the kids there.”  


Justin leaned back into Brian’s arms, “Go be with your wife and kids.  We got this.”


Marcus and Dan walked up with Danny behind them.   “We’ll head out, too. Gus, tell Shelby we will be there in about half an hour to get Hannah.  We have to run into town and get a few groceries but it won’t take long.” Marcus said, linking his arm with Dan who kissed him a moment longer than he maybe should have.


“Are you sure it is groceries you’re getting?” Danny asked smiling at his dads.  I will be gone soon. Then you two can do whatever it is you do when I’m not there.”


“We have a five year old in the house.  Do you think we can do anything other than in our bedroom, Jr?”  


Danny smiled.  “Why don’t you give me the grocery list and I will pick up Hannah when I come back.  That should give you about an hour alone?” Danny threw his keys at Dan who caught them.  Dan tossed theirs to him. “This is easier than moving the car seat but don’t do anything in my car!”


Marcus turned and hugged Danny.  “That would be amazing.” he turned back and kissed Dan again. “Hannah has been having bad dreams and getting into bed with us every night.”


As they made their way to the door Dan turned and said, “Jr., there is no reason to rush.”  He winked as they rushed out the door. 


Danny walked to the door.  “Gus, I’ll just pick Hannah up now.  She will like doing the shopping with me and we can find something to do for a little while to give them a little more time.”


Justin walked over and put his arm around Danny, “You are a really good brother.”


Danny kissed Justin’s cheek, “Thanks.  She’s a good kid but she is having some issues right now. She is going to start talking to Becca next week.  They don’t know what is going on with her.”  


Everyone went their own way.  Gus and Seth kissed for a few minutes before they went their own ways.



Brinn knocked on the bedroom door, “This is the only time I plan to knock before I walk into my own bedroom.”  Zach opened the door slowly. He took her in his arms and kissed her. The emotions he gave off from that contact made her inside core melt from the heat.  Brinn’s arms went around his neck and by the time they separated Brinn forgot what she had come for.


“Would you like to see our sanctuary, Lulu?”  Zach stepped aside.


Brinn walked in and could barely breathe.  Brinn knew the back wall was all windows but the view was so stunning.  There were rows and rows of grape vines and then the mountains in the background made it stunning.  She could only imagine what the sunsets would look like from here. Zach turned her 180° and she was facing a four poster bed that in no way looked overtly feminine or masculine.  It looked like them. There were drapes on either side which Brinn realized helped hide Zach’s nebulizer and anything else that you didn’t want others to see. He then moved her 90° and there was a little sitting area with a TV.  There was a large chair for two and an ottoman with a fireplace.  


Brinn turned and kissed him. She so badly wanted to make love in that chair right now but she knew there wasn’t time for that.  Now, Brinn turned to view the entrance to the bathroom. She walked toward it and Zach followed. She saw his and hers walk in closets.on either side of the door and then continued in.  The bath was better than she expected. The bathtub was a double slipper style that sat in front of the same view as the bedroom. She turned and saw the shower stall that they would have no trouble sharing.  There was a small room with a commode and a double sink with a large counter area including a place for Brinn to do her makeup. The colors throughout were mellow greens and peaches, with browns and touches of blue. Brinn felt relaxed just walking around the whole suite.  She finally turned to Zach and stepped into him.


“It is perfect, Chase,” and she moved to kiss him but he dropped onto one knee.


“Tia Brinn Taylor-Kinney, I love you and I’m hoping that you will become Tia Brinn Taylor-Kinney Chase.”


Brinn’s face went from shock to sobs in seconds. Zach held out an open ring box with the most beautiful ring she had ever seen.  “Please, Lulu, marry me.”


She couldn’t talk but she nodded as she dropped to her knees in front of him.  He slipped the ring on her finger. It fit perfectly. Zach helped her stretch out on the floor and moved his hand under her top as his mouth found hers.



Brian and Justin had met the Chases at the airport.  They had met them a few times over the years and though they were always very nice, they never seemed quite comfortable.  Zane and Camille walked off the plane with Caitlin right behind them. As soon as she got on the ground she ran over to Brian and Justin.  She was a pretty girl close to Brinn’s age. Justin hugged her warmly and then she moved on to Brian.


“I can’t believe you sent your private plane to pick us up.  Thank you so much. It was fun. John even let me sit up front for a while.”


Brian kept an arm wrapped around her as her parents walked over.  Justin politely shook Zane’s hand and kissed Camille on the cheek.  Brian followed suit. 

“How was your trip?” Brian asked.


“Very nice, Mr. Kinney  We appreciated Brinn thinking about us.  Camille hated that we didn’t see him at Christmas,” Zane commented.


“Oh, Zane, you missed him as much as I did.  We love all our children but with Zach’s health….I guess I worry more about him.” Camille commented as Caitlin put her arm around her mom.  


“Zach is really lucky to have Brinn trying to find a cure.”  


“Well, Brinn loves your brother and she knows he missed you, too, “ Justin smiled.  “We can get in the car and head over to their new house. Zach was showing Brinn their bedroom when we left.  He did that room without her seeing it.”


“I bet I know what they are doing!” Caitlin laughed.


“Well, let’s go catch them,” Brian chuckled as Zach’s parents looked horrified.


“Mom and Dad, you don’t think they have been together for four years and never…”


“That is enough, young lady!” Zane said cutting her off.  He then put his arm around her. “I know you are right but I don’t want to think about it.”


“I do….well, not my brother I guess but…” Caitlin glanced at her dad and stopped before completing the sentence.


Ten minutes later they pulled up in front of the sprawling one story home.  Brinn and Zach had decided on one floor in case his illness got bad enough to make steps difficult. The front of the house had similarities to Stone House next door.


“You’ll be staying next door, at least tonight.  Then it is up to them.” We will put your luggage in Stone House for you and then we will let you surprise your son.  We will see you at the party tonight,” Justin smiled.


“Thank you. We will see you tonight,” Zane said as Camille could hardly wait to see her son.  


Brinn had fought to slow Zach down, wanting him desperately but knowing his parents might be here any minute and they weren’t like her dads.  As Zach lifted her shirt and took her breast in his mouth the doorbell rang.


“FUCK!”  he shouted.  “Can we just ignore it?”


“No, Chase.  We need to check who’s here.  Maybe it’s one of my relatives wanting to see the place.  They have all helped us out so much.”


“Ya, I know.”  He stood up and offered his hand.  “We will continue this very soon.” He rubbed his crotch, trying to get his dick to go down a bit.  Coming,” he yelled loudly. He walked to the door and opened it. Zach’s mouth dropped open.  


“Oh, Zach,” his mom walked in and took her ‘little boy’ in his arms.  “It is so good to hold you.”


“Mom, Dad, Caitlin!  Why didn’t you….How did you…”


Caitlin threw her arms around her big brother, “Brinn sent the plane for us.  It is so much fun to say that!”  


Zach shook hands with his dad and then turned to Brinn, “You did this for me?”


“I guess we both had our surprises today.”  Brinn held her hand out to her future in-laws and both Caitlin and Camille screamed and Camille started crying.  


“Brinn, did you pick it out?”  Caitlin asked.


“No, Zach totally surprised me.  He did good didn’t he?” Brinn looked at the ring with Caitlin.  The stone was not big but the clarity was perfect.


Very softly Caitlin said, “It’s not very big, don’t you want a big rock?”


“No, your brother knows me well.  I am putting gloves on all day. I large stone would not work well.  This setting will make it easier to put them on and look at the way it sparkles.”


Zach wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. “I hoped you would realize that, plus, I wanted to buy it, not your dads’ money.  Now how about a tour?



Brian and Justin arrived at the house and looked at each other.  Brian finally said, “How long have we waited to have a house to ourselves and now we are too depressed to do  anything about it.”


“Oh, I didn’t say that,” Justin dropped his pants where he stood and then threw his shirt. He stood in the kitchen in only his socks.”


“Fuck, if I wasn’t almost 60 I’d throw you over my shoulder and …. Well, we can still do this and.” Brian walked up to him and as he kissed him, Brian one hand moved to Justin’s ass while the other claimed his cock.    He didn’t mess around. He went straight for Justin’s prostate and had him begging for more. He flipped Justin so he was facing the counter and then just for fun, grabbed the wooden spoon and swatted Justin with it. Justin came with the first stroke.


Brian turned him around again, and kissed him, still fully clothed.  Justin dropped to his knees and undid his fly. He didn’t bother pulling down Brian’s pants.  He just brought Brian’s cock out and as his tongue ran along the underside of it, he looked up into Brian’s amber eyes. He had bent over a bit to hold onto the counter as Justin teased and taunted him, but as he started tasting the salty fluid Brian pulled him up to his feet and this time he entered him.  As Brian moved in and out of him Justin arched back against him and as Brian drove in once more he grasped Justin around the waist and held onto him tightly. He circled his other arm around his shoulders and held onto him tightly.


“I think I remember what I plan to do with an empty nest, after we get back from our trip.” Brian nuzzled Justin’s neck.  Softly he said, “I love you, Justin, more than the day we got married.”


Justin turned his head so he could kiss him, not wanting to separate from him yet. “It took me a long time to get you to say that but I think you have made up for that over the years, not that I ever get tired of hearing it.”  


Brian finally disengaged, “Let’s take a nap.  It will be a late night and I plan to do a lot after we get home.” As Justin turned around, “Hell, I might do a lot right now!” He pressed Justin against the counter, once more kissing him. He bent down and grabbed Justin’s clothes off the floor and as they walked back to their room he said, “I think we need to make the house clothing optional, hell, I think when we’re home alone I think clothes should be prohibited.”  As he said this he pulled his own shirt off. “It would save a lot of time.”



Gus had gotten home and played a board game with the kids and once the kids both were told to go to their rooms and pack an overnight bag.  Gus had given them each $5.00 to spend a full hour in their room and once their doors were shut, Gus took his wife to bed.  


“We have one hour until hour children come out.of their rooms.”


“Did you bribe them?” Shelby looked at him sternly.


“Yes, I did.” Gus wrapped his arms around her and the kiss he gave her left little to the imagination what he had planned.  Shelby turned and ran up the stairs, Gus at her heels. As they entered into their bedroom Shelby started to undress immediately and Gus followed suit after locking the door behind him.  They fell on the bed together and Shelby took charge. Using her hand she soon had him erect and begging for something more. He was surprised when she moved her hand lower and slipped a finger deep into him and began to stroke his prostate as she moved downward and then took him in her mouth. Gus could not hold back as she used her tongue up and down  his shaft.  


“Oh, God, Shelly,” he then lost total control as she began to move her finger quickly in and out.


As they laid together Shelby said, “I thought I would get you ready for tonight.”


“Shelby are you saying what I think you are saying?”


“You can stay with Seth tonight.  It is Monday and that is our agreement.”


“Well, let me make sure you don’t feel neglected,” Gus started at her breasts and worked her into a frenzy before moving lower.   After spending time on her flat stomach he moved a little lower and soon he was flicking his tongue on her clit until she was thrashing under him.  As she began to beg for relief he moved and drove into her as she cried out. He moved in and out over and over driving her nearly crazy before he came deep inside of her.  He lay on top of her for a few moments and then rolled taking her with him.


“I’m glad I put in that extra sound proofing,” he said smiling down on her.


“You weren’t quiet either.  You know I never get tired of you,” Shelby said as her hand roamed across his chest. “And as much as I hated the idea of you being with Seth and actually being in love with him but you are so much more content how can I be upset.  I am never neglected. You give our kids more attention than most fathers and, god, I love the feel of you deep inside me. I may share your heart with Seth but you never make me feel like I am second best.”


“Shelby, you will never be second and if you ever feel that way, tell me.”


They lay in each other’s arms for  a few more minutes before they realized if they didn’t shower now, the kids would be at the door.  


By the time they got out of the shower there was an argument at the door.  “It has too been an hour,” Gage yelled at his sister.


“No, it has been 57 minutes and dad told us to wait one hour,”  Taylor responded.


“Well, I’m counting from the time he talked to us not the time I shut my door,” Gage talked back.


“That doesn’t ….’  


Gus opened the door standing in only a pair of jeans, “What are you two arguing about?”

“Taylor said it hadn’t been an hour and I told her it had been.”


“Daddy, I know it hasn’t been an hour….” 


Gus picked up his daughter and looked her directly in the eyes, “You wouldn’t be annoying your younger brother just to get him into trouble, would you?”


Taylor snuggled into her daddy’s bare chest, “Would I do that?”


“Yes, you would,” he kissed her on both of her cheeks. “Don’t try to out think him. It’s not fair when he is younger than you.”


“I bet Aunt Brinn could outthink you when she was little,”  Taylor snickered.


“Your Aunt Brinn has been outthinking me since she was born.” Gus said lightly swatting her bottom as he set her down.  “Give your mom and me just a couple more minutes to finish dressing. Well, I will be down in a couple of minutes and I will get you snacks because Brenda will be giving you dinner but it will be a little later than usual.” 


“She said something about making homemade pizza and each of you get to make your own,” Shelby came out with a robe on. Gus pulled her close and kissed her lightly.


“Don’t start kissing. You will never get ready,” Gage started groaning.


Gus looked at Shelby, “But your mom is so pretty, how can I leave her alone?


“Is Seth pretty, too?” Taylor asked.


“I am not sure what you are saying, Taylor.  Seth is a good looking gentleman but….”


“Well, I heard you talking to him on the phone and….”


“Taylor, don’t eavesdrop on people.”  Shelby said sharply. “Your father’s calls should be private,” and with that she shut the door.


“Shelby, wasn’t that a little ...abrupt?”


“Yes, I just think we are….they are getting old enough they may need to know about Seth.  They are bound to hear… I’ll apologize to her but we will need to think about telling them.”  She started to button up the silver blue shirt he had slipped on. “Seth is a lucky man tonight. You look…” she ran her hands through his wavy hair, “gorgeous.”


“I promise all the dances are for you when I am not playing,” he kissed her.  “I’ll go make some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for them and me. Would you like one, too?”


“Just save a bite of yours for me.  I’ll be down in a few minutes.”


Gus made the kids sandwiches and checked their overnight bags for the right clothes and made sure Gage didn’t pack his pet lizard to torment the girls.  Even Hannah was going to spend the night with the big kids. Marcus and Dan were a bit nervous about leaving her overnight. They had only been apart from her on a couple occasions but after much conversation, it was decided she could stay there overnight and they would spend the night with Brian and Justin.  It had been awhile since the four of them had spent the night together. They rented a suite at the local hotel because they had never used their personal beds and they never would.  



By 7:00 pm Brenda was making pizzas with the kids and the adults were at Wine & Design.  When Justin and Brian arrived, Tony and John were already on the floor. It was supposed to be dancing but it was more like foreplay. Becca and Peter were holding hands at a nearby table.  Marcus and Dan were sitting at a table with Danny and Britt. Brinn and Zach arrived with Zane, Camille, and Caitlin at the same time Gus and Shelby arrived. The last to arrive were Tyler and Molly.  They walked in just in time for him to join Seth and Gus onstage. There was a handful of other people including some of Dan and Gus’ employees. They had hired a caterer and the meal was put out soon. The dancing and music and eating continued.  


Brinn and Zach had been busy with his parents but finally they managed to get over to Brian and Justin’s table while Dan and Marcus were dancing.  They sat down and Brinn put her hand on the table very deliberately. It only took Justin seconds to notice the sparkle.  


“Brinn!  Is that…..you two…..Zach…..”


“I hope it’s me.  Justin and Brian, I think you know how much I love your daughter and I would do anything for her.  I hope you will let me marry her and treat her the way she deserves to be treated.” Zach looked from one to the other.


Brian stood and so did Zach.  Brian stuck out his hand and shook Zach’s while Justin hugged Brinn and they switched and Brian was twirling Brinn around while a tear slipped out.  He wiped it away but not before Justin noticed. Justin slipped his hand into Brian’s as they sat down. Brinn took Zach’s hand and led him up to the small stage. When the song ended, Brinn pulled Zach onto the stage and took the mic from in front of Gus.


“May I have everyone’s attention, please.   Zach and I wanted our family and friends to be the first to know that Zach asked me to marry him and I said yes!”  Before Brinn knew what was happening, Gus had her in his arms while everyone rushed up to the stage. When the excitement toned down and everyone went back to dancing and talking.  


After a couple songs, Gus spoke, “Looking around this room, I would say we are some of the most fortunate people in this world.  We all know we are loved and we all have managed to find love. I want to sing this song for my baby sister and my new brother to be. Brinn and Zach, will you start the dance and everyone join in if you’re with the one you love.



b34;I found a love for me

Darling just dive right in

And follow my lead

Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet

I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in loveb34;


Zach pulled Brinn close.


b34;Not knowing what it was

I will not give you up this time

But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own

And in your eyes you're holding mineb34;


Gus walked off the stage with the mic and pulled Shelby to her feet, swaying to the music while he sang,


b34;Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath

But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight


Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know

She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home

I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets

To carry love, to carry children of our own

We are still kids, but we're so in love

Fighting against all odds

I know we'll be alright this time

Darling, just hold my hand

Be my girl, I'll be your man

I see my future in your eyesb34;


Gus turned and walked back up on stage and winked at Seth and stood next to him shoulder to shoulder as they shared a mc.


b34;Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful

I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

I have faith in what I see

Now I know I have met an angel in person

And she looks perfect

I don't deserve this

You look perfect tonightb34;

(Perfect  by Ed Sheeran)


When the song ended Gus tried to make the hug he gave Seth like any other pal he would hug.  He whispered softly, “Here tonight.” His hand brushed Seth’s cock and he felt the tremble go through Seth’s body.  They ended the set and Gus and Seth both went to put their guitars down in the back. As soon as they were out of sight, Gus pinned Seth against a back wall and began massaging Seth’s cock.  “Make sure that massive cock is ready to split me wide open.”


Seth groaned when Gus broke away and went back into the bar.


As the evening went on, everyone drank liberally. Brian and Justin were picking up the check for the evening so no one went without.  Dan and Brian danced, grinding their hips together as Marcus and Justin were all over each other next to them. Zane and Camille were very confused.  


Caitlin saw her parents’ reaction.  “Relax Mom and Dad. No one is going to ask you to go off with someone else.”


“Well, I guess they just have room to love more people.  If I’m not mistaken Gorgeous Gus, (what she called Brinn’s brother) has a boyfriend, too, but he and Shelby are madly in love.  I have seen the way they look at each other.”


Zach walked over and sat down at that moment while Brinn danced with Danny.   He put his arm around his sister and then looked at his parents, “Oh, you both have that face. What’s wrong?”


“You don’t have another girlfriend or… boyfriend do you?” Zane asked his son bluntly.


“No, of course not.  Brinn is almost more than I can handle.  What makes you ask?”


“Well, it is obvious Brinn’s family has no problem not staying monogamous.”


“Oh,” he glanced at the dance floor as Justin and Marcus kissed, obviously enjoying the feel of the other’s tongue and then just as he didn’t think it could get worse, Brian grabbed Marcus while Dan took Justin and continued the kiss with opposite partners.  “Well, the couples are very close and they would never do anything with anyone else but they consider their friends as safe. I know you don’t understand but in their day, they slept with a lot of people and now if they ever have a need for a little variety, they just get together but it is rare and tonight they are really drunk.”


“And that explanation is supposed to make us feel better?”  Camille said.


“No, But Brinn never would but if I get too sick to be a real husband, I hope she can find someone else.”


“Like her friend she is with now?” Camille continued.


Zach started laughing, “Danny is not interested.  He’s not interested in any woman. He is focused on PA school and when he has time for a date it is not with a woman.”


Zane looked at his son, he placed a hand on his shoulder, “Your family is very confusing and a little too out there for me but Brinn is lovely, and we know how much you love her and we know how much she has done for you,  Just remember, son, we may not have their money but we love you more. If you ever need us,” he stopped talking as his voice was filled with emotion.


“Oh Dad,” Zach hugged him, “you will always be my family.  Sure, I like Brinn’s family and I am glad we get along so well but I, no we will never forget where you live.”


Brinn’s arms circled Zach’s neck as she whispered, “I want you so bad.”  Then loud enough for the family, “I hope you are having a great time. Only a few minutes from midnight so I am taking my beautiful husband to be out on the dance floor.  Sparkling wine will be out in just a minute or two.”  


As time got closer, most people were on the floor with the one they loved most.  Gus and Tyler came off the stage to be with their wives as Seth played a somewhat sad but beautiful version of “It’s Just Another New Year’s Eve” by Barry Manilow.  The couples, even Zane and Camille, were on the floor. Caitlin ended up next to one of Gus’ young foreman. As Seth sang Shelby let Gus face him. Everyone felt the emotion in the song but there were actually sparks flying between Seth and Gus but as the song ended, the countdown began with 10, 9…. When they got to Happy New Year everyone kissed, even Caitlin and her new friend.  


Gus pulled Shelby into his arms and after a long kiss he said, “I love you, Shelby.”


“Then show me.  Let’s go to your office, now!”  Shelby drug Gus behind her and the moment they got in his office, she undid his fly and then she leaned over his desk.  He reached under her skirt to take off her panties but there was nothing on underneath.


“Damn, I would have made you come half a dozen times tonight if I knew that.” He had her fast and furious from behind.  She was hot and wet, waiting for him. He drove in one last time and leaned over her kissing her neck. “I love you, Shelly.”


Shelby turned into his arms and kissed her deeply.  “Oh, Gus, you just don’t know how amazing you are. Don’t move, I’m going to send Seth in.  I will see you tomorrow. Enjoy your night.” She kissed him once more and then disappeared out the door.  The crowd was already thinning out. Seth was picking up glasses when Shelby approached him. She put her arms around him and kissed his cheek. “Gus is waiting for you in his office.  This will all wait until tomorrow,” Shelby took a step back. “Seth, you make him happy. That makes me happy.” She moved over to Brian and Justin, kissing each of them and then did the same to Dan and Marcus.   


“Shelby, are you going home alone?”  Justin asked.


“I am.  I’m trying to remember if I have ever had a night in the place alone.”


“I am sure you could stay at Molly’s or Becca and Peter’s.” Justin watched Tony and John stumble to the door as Tony’s hand went down John’s pants, “I wouldn’t suggest going home with them.”  


“That’s sweet but I will be fine and Zach and Brinn will be close by if something went wrong. I better get moving so I can catch the next car out to the vineyard with  Brinn and that crew.” 


Justin caught her around the waist and leaned in, “You are an amazing woman, Shelby Kinney.” He kissed her and she rushed out the door.



Seth found Gus in the hall near the steps that lead upstairs.  Seth extended his hand and together they walked up the steps. Seth pulled Gus close and kissed him.  “Your wife is a special lady.”


“Yes, she is,” Gus got out before Seth unzipped his pants. “Seth, Shelby and I just….” Seth pushed him onto the bed and without hesitation he took Gus in his mouth.  


After he licked and sucked him for a few moments he look at Gus’ face.  “It has been a while since I tasted a woman. I have to say the taste of you and her together is…..” he took a deep steadying breath. “God, I love you, Gus, and I love Shelby for understanding us. Now since you are definitely ready to use that, Seth laid on his side and Gus grabbed a condom and lube. “Gus, please leave off the condom.  I want to feel you and only you.”


Gus began to rub lube around the rim of his bud.  “I would love to, Seth, but I can’t. I promised Shelby….”


“Gus, you know I’m clean and just once.  I will use one later, I promise but…” 


Gus gave in to his pleading.  Of course he knew he was clean. They had been together for almost five years and since Bella left him more than six months ago he hadn’t been seeing anyone.  He lubed his dick and pressed inward. Seth was nearly ready to cum by the time Gus completed the entry and then Gus started moving slowly in and out. He would almost pull out and then thrust back in with deliberate force.  He was prolonging the beautiful agony. Seth started stroking himself and then when Gus could hold on no longer they both orgasmed as Gus hung onto him. Most of the time now that he had adjusted, Gus was the receiver and loved every minute of having Seth fill him up like he did.   He knew he was a lucky man. He had the best of both worlds.



Brinn was glad the back of the car was dark and that she and Zach had thrown a blanket over them because of a slight chill in the air.  Brinn’s hand was deep in Zach’s fly before they left the lights of the city. He turned and kissed her and forgot for a moment that his parents were sitting in the car with them. Zach finally had to hold Brinn’s hand so he didn’t make a fool of himself by cumming in the back of the car. Brinn laid her head on his shoulder and snuggled as close as possible.  The car stopped by Stone House and they all got out. Brinn and Zach said goodnight to his parents as they went in the house and then walked next door to their own house. Brinn dropped the scrap of lace she had under the short skirt and sat on the edge of the table.


“I think it is time we inaugurate the kitchen and then we can work our way through the rooms one by one.”


“I agree, Lulu, but the first time has to be in the bedroom.  I want you in our bedroom the first time we make love in our home.  After that I plan to play in every room.” He picked her off of the table and carried her to the bedroom.


“Zach, I can walk.”


“I know but I can carry you, too.  You weigh next to nothing and even though I have CF it doesn’t mean I am unable to lift my bride and take her to our room.” He pushed the door open and dropped her on the bed, “And now,” his head slid under  her skirt as she laid back on the bed. She felt his warm breath blow gently on her core. His fingers gently separated the folds of her and a shiver ran through her. Soon he brought his mouth to her and as his lips pressed on her clit and his tongue danced across it.


Brinn noticed he had stopped and she sat up a bit.  “Chase, are you alright?” She then heard him wheezing for air.  She sprang into action. She grabbed the auto injector and with a little help from him she used it and then managed to get him on the bed.  She then put the nebulizer on and secured the mask. She slid under his head and took his pulse while she checked his breathing. She was worried.  His pulse was thready and Brinn was getting scared. She wanted to see him take a deep breath so the medication could get into his lungs.


“Zach, come on, baby, breath deep.  Get that into your lungs. Ah, Zachy, inhale!”  Brinn grabbed for her phone and as she started to press 911, Zach’s hand took hers.  “Oh, Chase, you scared the hell out of me. Take some more deep breaths. You aren’t getting away from me that easily.”


After a few more breaths Zach removed the mask, “I’m so sorry, Lulu. I ruined our first night in our…..”


“No, you dying would have ruined our first night.  We still have 50 years to make love.”


“Lulu, you have to be realistic.  Statistics says I have about ten years left.”


“Fuck, statistics!  We are growing old together.  You got that!”


Brinn moved the mask out of the way and Zach moved his head to the pillow and pulled Brinn to him.  “Lulu, I plan to live every day I have making you happy and I guess getting drunk and then going under your skirt with let oxygen was probably a stupid idea but if you will slip out of that tight little number….he pulled off his own pants and then his shirt. “I promise I can still rock your world tonight.”


“Chase, you don’t have to...we don’t have to.”


“Oh, god, I need to,” he moved over and began to flick his tongue on her nipples, first one  .then the other. His finger moved to her clit and moments later she was shuttering as she grasped for his penis.  She lightly drug her fingers over the sensitive skin until she saw he was rock hard. Then she straddled him and lowered herself onto him.


“Let me lead right now.  You just go along for the ride.”

Later, they lay side by side.  Brinn’s hand rested on Zach’s chest feeling a slight rattle in it.  “Chase, I think we need to tell your parents about tonight. I mean that was the worst I have seen it since you ended up in the hospital a couple years ago.”


“Lulu if you tell them you know they will want me, no us, to move back where they can watch over me.  You watch over me better then they ever could. Please, sweetheart, I don’t want to go back to Louisiana and your work is here.”


“Our work is here.  You and Daddy have the cartoon and I couldn’t run the lab without you.”


“Lulu, we both know you could run that place by yourself.”


“I don’t agree but if for no other reason,  who would relieve my tension when it built up?”  She guided his hand to her crotch and as he started stroking her.  “Ok, I won’t tell your parents because, I have just got you trained…….Her back arched and she cried out as she found release.