- Text Size +

Chapter 11


By the time Tyler fell asleep, he was sure they were on the right track.  At sunrise everyone searching was heading their way along with a helicopter.  Tomorrow was Brian’s 60th birthday. Maybe they could give him an amazing present. Or maybe he would have to tell his family…. He couldn’t think about that.  As the sun rose, they set their camp as the search base. This was the day. If they didn’t see anything by the end of the day, Tyler knew the search could be called off. How would Tyler be able to tell his wife that her brother was presumed dead.



Brian woke feeling a little stronger.  He couldn’t say he enjoyed the rabbit but it was nourishment he needed.  Justin hadn’t been so lucky. His stomach couldn’t take the meat and he vomited which took more out of him. As Brian started to move, Justin reached for him.


“Kiss me,” he whispered. Brian stroked Justin’s sweat drenched bangs off his forehead and kissed him tenderly.  As Brian moved away Justin said, “Baby, please leave the knife here. Please! If you love me, you’ll let me go.”


“Sunshine, I can’t….” he picked up the knife and rushed out.  He moved out of Justin’s view but he was very near. He dropped to the ground and held his head in his hands. Did he have a right to make Justin suffer more? But how could he assist in ending his life.  It was like ending his own. Brian felt something push against him and as he raised his head slowly he saw Doggo had laid down next to him. Brian slowly moved his hand to the dog’s coat and stroked him. He could hear Justin making soft noises.  He was fairly sure he had passed out again. He didn’t rest quietly at all anymore. The pain refused to let him rest comfortably. That is when he decided. If they were still here at sundown tomorrow, he would leave the knife for Justin and then take care of himself.  He couldn’t live without him.


Brian wasn’t sure how much time had past when he stood and moved back into the shelter.  He dug through the supplies and realized how close they were to out of water. He would let Justin drink as much as he wanted today. It really didn’t matter anymore.  He moved behind Justin and helped him sit up so he leaned against Justin. “Sunshine, I want you to know how much I have loved my life with you. I would have given up so long ago if it wasn’t for you. You are the heart of our family.  I just have to look at our beautiful Brinn and I see you. When Taylor and Gage run to us, it’s because they love you so much.” Brian talked for a long time. He knew Justin hadn’t heard much of it but it made him feel better, holding him close.  It made him start when Justin spoke.


“Darling, you can be whole without me.  Our children, our grandchildren need you.  Promise me, when I am gone you will fight until you find your way back home.” Brian tensed.  “Promise, Bri.”


Brian was glad he was coherent,  “I….I can’t, Sunshine, I won’t leave here without you. I just….” Brian dropped his head so it rested against Justin’s. “You are my breath.  You are my life. I know it is selfish but I won’t go on without you.”


“But, Brian, my heart will go on in you.” Justin said.  Brian heard his voice fading and then he went silent. Brian held onto him tightly as he let the tears flow. Brian felt Justin go limp and heard the ragged breathing of his sleep. Brian gently laid him down and went out to get fuel for the last night of a fire.  Tonight, they would eat anything they had left. Tonight he would hold him close. He so wanted to love him one more time but that wasn’t going to happen, not in the full sense of the word but if Justin wanted him to…..he would love to taste him one last time if it gave Justin pleasure and not pain.


Brian collected scraps to burn for the night and then took one last walk to a ridge nearby.  He had gone there most days but he never saw anyone or anything. Since Doggo had started coming around he would sometimes see him lying in the shade behind a rock but today he saw him running far in the distance.  He wondered what that dingo was up to. Maybe he was tired of hanging out with Brian. Maybe he knew the end was near and didn’t want to hang there any longer.



Tyler boarded the helicopter.  One of the search teams thought they spotted unusual vehicle tracks on an old path.  They couldn’t see anything but the terrain was too rough for a vehicle so the copter was the only way in.  Tyler and the pilot spoke through the headsets as Tyler used high power binoculars. Tyler saw the tracks and directed the pilot where to go.  The tracks seemed to just disappear along with the trail.


Tyler pointed it out as the pilot circled around.  “What’s that?” Tyler asked as he could see something moving on the ground.  


The pilot responded, “It’s a single dingo.  That is odd. They usually run in a pack. I swear he is looking up at us. That is odd behavior and we have to figure out what happened to the vehicle. We will come back from the other direction.”  He guided the helicopter away so he could come back in a bigger circle from the other direction.



Justin was very restless.  He wasn’t alert but he seemed to calm down when Brian laid with him.  The heat that radiated from him today was almost more than Brian could deal with but he knew their time was limited so he held him close.  He heard Doggo barking in the distance. Well, he hoped it was Doggo. Then Brian started hearing something else. Was it a motor running? No, it sounded like a helicopter.  Brian pulled out a rescue flag that he had found in the first aid kit and ran outside. It took him a minute but then, in the distance, he saw it. It was a helicopter! And it seemed to be searching.


“Do you see him?” Tyler’s voice was filled with excitement.   “It’s Brian! Do you see Justin? Do you see another person moving around?”


“I don’t,” the pilot responded but I see a shelter. I am going to circle once more and find a place to set down.  


Brian thought he was dreaming.  If he hadn’t seen Doggo react to it and disappear, he would have totally ignored it.  He had thought he had seen things several times in the last, hell, he had no idea how long they had been there. He watched the helicopter move out of sight. Could they have missed him? He dropped to his knees as he watched it leave his view.


“Baby?” Brian heard Justin’s voice. “What was that, Brian? I’m scared.”


Brian stumbled to his feet and entered the shelter.  He knew neither of them smelled good but Justin’s leg had a smell he could only compare to spoiled meat.  He hadn’t looked at it the last couple days. It hurt Justin so much and he really couldn’t do anything more for it since they ran out of all the alcohol. Brian sat on the ground next to Justin and kissed him. Justin wrapped his arms around him and kissed him 


“I…..” Justin’s arms dropped back down. …’ love...you.” 


Brian now thought he heard someone calling his name. Maybe it was time for both of them to give up. “Brian!  Where are you?”


“Mr. Kinney, Mr. Taylor, are you in there?”


Brian slipped out of the shelter  and saw two men running toward him.  “BRIAN!” He now recognized Tyler. And he was real and he was…. Tyler caught Brian as he started to collapse.


“Leave me, Sunshine. Oh god, Tyler, Sunshine…” Brian dropped to the ground.  “He is so….” 


Tyler dropped to the ground by him.  “The pilot is checking on him,” Tyler looked Brian over, “You are nothing but skin and bones, Brian. Are you hurt? Where is the guide?”


“He was killed in the crash.”


The pilot came out holding Justin in his arms, “We need to go now.” Tyler looked at his brother in law and took him from the pilot.  “Run ahead. Get the bird going and notify the hospital. Then if we haven’t made it there come back and help. Brian, can you walk on your own?”  He nodded but headed back into the shelter. 


“Go, Tyler, I will catch up. Brian walked in and looked around.  He grabbed a small bag he had packed and unpacked so many times. He took it and for the first time felt a bit of hope. Was it too late for Sunshine? They couldn’t have made it this long only to…” Brian caught up to Tyler and the next thing he knew the helicopter was in the air.  Justin lay on a stretcher in the back with Tyler next to him. Brian sat in the front with the pilot. Tyler’s voice came through the headset he wore. 


“Brian, you did a good job keeping him alive.  We will be at the hospital in a couple hours. That leg is really…”


“Will he make it?”  Brian kept staring over his shoulder.


Tyler didn’t respond. He focused on Justin so he didn’t have to answer.  Brian tried to focus but after drinking two bottles of water, Brian drifted off to sleep. It was the first time in days, maybe weeks, someone else was taking care of Justin.  


As they landed on top of the hospital, Justin disappeared and then Brian was in a wheelchair being taken to the emergency room being hooked up to an IV.  Tyler followed Brian, knowing he couldn’t go with Justin. “Brian, I’m going to go call the family. I need to let them know you are alive,” he headed toward the door.  “Oh, Brian, happy birthday.”



“Ya? Tyler?”  Dan had been in a deep sleep when the phone rang.


“Dan, they are alive! I just got them to the hospital.”


“Where were they? How are they? Where are you?”


“We just arrived at the hospital.  Brian will be ok but he is nothing but skin and bone.  Justin, well, Justin isn’t good. They rushed him to surgery. It’s not good.  God, how am I going to tell Molly?”


“I will let the family know they are alive.  Call me as soon as there is any news but if you don’t have news call me about four hours anyway.  By then I will bet Gus and Brinn will have flights set up. Darwin, right?”


“Yes, I will call Molly myself but Dan, I don’t think you should let them come.  Not right away” Tyler stopped for a second. “Brian isn’t up to anything right now and Justin, well. It will….”


“Tyler, if Justin doesn’t make it, never leave Brian alone.  I mean not for a second.”


“I understand, Dan.”


Dan grabbed Marcus and kissed him, “They are alive.  Justin is in really bad shape but he is alive!”


“Oh, Dan!” Marcus kissed him.  “Justin, is bad?”


“Yes, I don’t know any details.  He will call back in four hours with more details. I am going to wait a couple hours before calling the kids.  I was thinking, maybe…” he nuzzled Marcus’ neck as he pulled his leg up. “I can’t think of anything they would rather we do to celebrate their rescue than to…” Dan thrust into Marcus and moved slowly in and out.   This wasn’t a frantic need. In fact they needed to make it last. They needed to feel everything. They just couldn’t think about what their friends had gone through. Dan needed all the support he could get from Red knowing he had to call the kids. He hoped to hear from Tyler before he made the call but he was fairly sure he would have to force those kids to stay here.  Worse yet, they weren’t kids. They were adults with strong wills of their own.  



“DADDY!” Brinn sat straight up in bed.  Zach was used to it by now. He sat up and put his arms around Brinn


“Shhhh, Lulu.  Sweetie, you can’t keep doing this.  You haven’t slept a whole night in a week.”  Zach started coughing.


“I’m sorry, Chase.  I’ll go sleep in the guest room.  You need to sleep.”


“I won’t sleep unless I know you are sleeping. Come here, Lulu.” Zach took her in his arms. 


“Zach, I know you think I’m losing it but I need to call Uncle Dan.  I just know he knows something about my daddies. I just know….”


“Then call him.  You won’t sleep until you do.” Zach handed her phone to her.  Once she placed the call, Zach took her in his arms as she waited for Dan to pick up.  She was surprised when he picked up so quickly.


“Uncle Dan, you heard from them, didn’t you? I know you did. I just know….”


Dan was half sitting while Marcus stroked and kissed his chest. “I was going to wait until I knew more but I got off the phone with Tyler about a….” he sucked in his breath as Marcus moved one of Dan’s legs and started running his finger against his bud. “About a half hour ago.  He is going to call me soon with more news. They are both in the hospital but he couldn’t tell me anything more yet. They had just gotten there.”


“Uncle Dan, you know more than you are saying.”


“I really don’t, Brinny.  I know your dad is alert but your daddy was hurt worse.  I will let you know as soon as I hear more.”


“I’m going to get John to fly me down. I’ll leave…”


“Brinn, you aren’t going anywhere right now.  First of all our jet could make the trip but we would need at least one more pilot.  It is far too long for one pilot. Let’s wait and see what Tyler thinks is best. Maybe they will be coming home for medical treatment.  Maybe it isn’t as bad as we think it is. Maybe…”


“How bad is Daddy’s leg?”


Dan was having a hard time thinking with Marcus now stroking his prostate. “Brinn, I promise I will call you as soon as I hear more.  I have to go,” he ended the call as Marcus lowered his mouth to replace his finger and Dan cried out as he came once more.”


Brinn looked at Zach, “I know I can’t sleep.  How about a bath? You are really congested.”


“That sounds perfect, Lulu,” he kissed her but he really hoped it would calm her more than him.  An hour later every muscle in Brinn’s body was relaxed and as fluid as the water they were in. She had forgotten how many times Zach had made her cum.  They got out of the tub and Zach was not done with her. After drying her off, he led her to bed and then he feasted on her. He posed her with her knees bent and feet far apart. He licked and sucked until she screamed so loud and so long every thought had left her and then, at last, he slid into her and gently rocked in and out until tears poured down her cheeks.


“My daddies are alive,” she said as she flipped over, Zach still deep inside her.  She began to ride him, until he came. By then the sun was coming up but Brinn finally sank into a deep sleep and Zach quickly texted the office saying they wouldn’t be in and held her as he joined her for some rest. 



Gus was at Seth’s.  Shelby knew Gus needed a quiet night.  He had woken up on Brian’s birthday and Shelby realized it had finally all caught up with him.  She had done something she had never done before. She texted Seth and said he was in charge today.  Gus needed a spot where he had no responsibility and that was Seth’s apartment. Seth quickly got the Wine bar covered for the night and by the time Gus had arrived Seth pulled him in his arms and just held him as Gus relaxed in his arms. The men had spent the day in bed, a good part of the time Gus and Seth just laid side by side, bodies pressed tightly against each other, talking softly.  Gus told Seth story after story about his dads and a couple times he just cried against Seth’s broad chest. As the day had moved on Gus was out of tears and needed to be loved. They made love and then took time to eat dinner. They went to sleep early with Gus buried in Seth.  


It was before 6:00 when Gus woke to his phone.  “Dan, what is it?” Gus was wide awake immediately and as Dan told him the situation Seth moved behind him. He put on leg on either side of Gus and his cock rested against his ass.   The call ended and Seth wrapped his arms around Gus, holding him tightly against him. Gus turned his face to Seth’s and they kissed.


“They’re alive.  I have to go. I need to go to Shelly and the kids.” Gus got up and started dressing.  I belong with them now.” Gus turned and saw the hurt in Seth’s face. “Oh, Seth, I’m…”


“Go, G, you’re right.  You need to be with your wife and kids.  Let me know what you hear later,” they kissed once more and Gus pulled on clothes and was gone.


Gus drove home as the sky began to lighten.  His dads were alive but he knew they weren’t in the clear.  Dan didn’t have details yet but he told him enough to know that his dad was not good and if his dad didn’t make it Pops wouldn’t either.  He entered his house silently. He texted Shelby so he didn’t scare her when he came upstairs. He entered the room where she was half asleep but held her phone.  He undressed and slid into bed next to her. He pulled her naked body against him.


“Gus,” she pushed against his chest. “You reek of Seth.  Couldn’t you at least shower?”


“Shelly, it’s my dads!  They have been found!” He pulled her close and this time she let him.  “Dad may not….Dan didn’t know much. Tyler will call Dan again soon. Oh, Shel,” He kissed her and then clung to her.  


Her hormones kicked in and she brought his mouth to her breast. His tongue worked it’s magic and soon she was begging for him to enter her but he knew he couldn’t.  He should have showered. He had been inside of Seth a couple hours ago. He moved down her body and soon she was arching as his tongue and fingers drove her over the edge several times but when his phone rang again Shelby picked it and answered it.


“Hello,” she answered breathlessly. 


“Sounds like I caught you in the middle of…” Shelby cried out as Gus brought her once more to a climax. Moments past.


“Dan, do you have,” Gus took a deep breath.  He was so hard he felt like he was going to explode. “Have you talked to Tyler?”


“They are both still alive, that’s all he could say.  Brian needed him so he said goodbye.”


“Dan can you get us a flight?  Brinn is going to want to go, too.”


“Gus, if the time is right, you two can go but we need to wait.  It is possible they will come back for treatment soon and Gus, you have to think about your family.  Shelby and your kids need you right now.”


“Your right, Uncle Dan.  But please, let me know as soon….well and if I can call them…”


“Yes, Gus. Hey, if they made it this long….”


“Bye, Uncle Dan.”



Tyler was talking to Dan when he heard Brian, “Justin!  Where’s Justin!” He rushed into Brian’s hospital room. A nurse was trying to calm him down but he was thrashing at her.


“Brian, calm down. You are too weak…”


“Tyler, where is Sunshine? I need to see him.  I need to know… He died didn’t he. You don’t want me to know.”


Tyler took his hand. “Brian, Justin is in surgery.  It will be a while yet. They said he is doing as well as expected.”


“Tyler, be honest. Is he going to live?”


“Brian, we can only wait.” Tyler took Brian in his arms and held him.  Brian held onto him as if he was a lifeboat.


“Tyler, I need to see him.  I can’t breathe without him. I need to see him.”


“Brian, I will go check on him and see if you will be allowed to see him as soon as he is out of surgery but you have to promise to relax and don’t give your nurse anymore trouble.”


“Hurry up, Tyler, please.  I just can’t…”


Tyler looked over at the nurse, “Do you think he can have something to calm him just a bit?


“He has been refusing it,” the nurse said.


“Brian, let the lady give you something.  As soon as you wake up I will have news, I promise.”  Tyler made eye contact with the nurse and then leaned over to give Brian a hug.  The nurse injected liquid into Brian’s IV and he quickly dozed off.


Tyler found the doctor that had been with Justin earlier. He stood in the hall near the surgery.  His scrubs were spattered with blood.


“Mr. Harris, I was about to come looking for you.”


“How is my brother in law? Is he…”


“I won’t lie to you.  He is still in a lot of danger. I had to take a lot of  dead flesh and there is still no guarantee that I got enough of the infection.  He had a bad break it was actually set quite well. It may need to be reset later but right now I don’t want to take the risk of adding more stress  to his poor body.”


“Doctor, his husband is mentally not in a good place.  Will he be able to see him soon?”


“When he comes out of recovery, I will see about putting them in the same room.  It sounds like they will heal better together than apart.”


“You’re right about that.  Is there any diagnosis? I mean their children, my wife….they need to hear something.”


“Tell them he is stable for the time but the crisis isn’t past yet.”


“As much as I don’t want to see it myself, I know they will want you to send all the details of the injury and what has been done so far.  I am not doubting…”


“I understand, Mr. Harris. Concerned families need all the reassurance they can get.  And I would understand if they want to go home as soon as they are stable.”


“Thank you, Dr.  I will get you the information on where to send his records. Now I better get back to Brian.”


“Tyler, may I call you that? You need to go get some sleep.  

I will have one of the nurses show you to a guest room. The doctor went to a computer and typed something in, “Brian will be sleeping for at least two hours and Justin will not be coherent until tomorrow at the earliest. Call home and then sleep, man.”


Tyler nodded and  followed the nurse into a comfortable room.  It was the middle of the night here but that means it was a good time to call Molly and Jennifer.  At least he could say Justin was out of surgery and then, after thinking it through, he thought John should come down.  Brian needed family but the kids shouldn’t come here. Not yet. If they decide he will be here for a while, then maybe the kids can come down.  


After assuring Molly and Jennifer that Justin was resting comfortably for now, Molly and Tyler talked about the kids and how much they missed each other. Tyler realized he had to go home soon.  He needed his wife and family. He needed to love Molly. Seeing Brian’s pain made that very clear to him.


After talking to Molly he called Dan and told him the news including his suggestion that John come down.  John dealt well with Brian and he was a pilot. Tyler also suggested if he could find a doctor, maybe it would make a flight home occur quicker.  Dan agreed. He said he would talk to John and find a doctor.


“Tyler, it is time for you to sleep.  You did well, very well. Thank you.”



“Uncle Dan, I am going to Australia. You can’t stop me.  I’m a grown woman and I will…” Brinn pulled her phone out.


“Oh get off your high horse, Miss Thing,” John said as he pulled Brinn’s phone out of her hand and pulled her close.  “Brinny, come sit.” John led her to a seat in Marcus and Dan’s living room. “Sweetie, I have no doubt how badly you want to see and be with your dads but, honey, your emotions are too high and that is the last thing either of them need.  Let me go down and get them back here as soon as possible. Danny and Elliott are going along so there is medical staff along.”

“But My John, they are my daddies and I miss them so much and I have been so scared.  I know Daddy’s leg is bad.” John held her close.


“And as much as they would want to see you, they don’t need your emotions drain them and you know as hard as you tried to be grown up, your dads would want to take care of you.”


Brinn crawled onto his lap, “ You’re right, John.  I just…” her head rested on his shoulder.


“I know, Miss Thing.  I will make sure they know how much you wanted to come.  We are leaving in a couple days. We have to get everything in place, and as soon as we land, Tyler will get to come home to Molly and I am sure he will have plenty of news.”


“That will probably be a week from now. I want my daddies.”  Brinn reverted to a five year old being held by her favorite cousin and she let him hold her until Zach arrived and took her home


Gus had also given Dan a hard time but Dan could reason with him.  His family needed him here, especially with Justin still unstable. Shelby didn’t need to deal with the kids and being pregnant on her own if anything happened and it wasn’t just a short plane ride.  He would stay with his family here and let the extended family help with his fathers.


Gus called Seth as promised, “Hey, G,” Seth’s soft, sexy voice said as he answered.


“Hey, Seth.  My dads are both alive and family is going down to get them.”


“G, am I going to see you soon? I know I don’t have any right to ask. I know I got you all night but I’m just wondering if Monday…”


“Seth, I think I better….damn, I don’t know how to say this.  I love you so much but right now...I just need to focus on Shelby and the kids.  And Brinn needs me and my dads will be back…”


“Gus, I understand you need to be with your family right now.  I hope your dads make it back soon and I will be….damn, Gus, I do understand but I don’t want to be without you.”


“Maybe, Seth, it’s time you find  a permanent love of your own.”


“Gus, is this you or Shelby talking?”


“Damn, Seth, I got home that morning and I couldn’t make love to her because I hadn’t washed you off of me and my life is so complicated already and I just can’t…..”


“Gus, I’ll call you later.”


“No, Seth, I’ll call you, Ok?” Gus hung up before he could say anything else.


Gus hadn’t heard Shelby walk in but as he set his phone down, she wrapped her arms around him from behind.  “Gussy, why did you do that? You love your nights with Seth.”


“Shelby, I just have too much going on and the kids are stressed enough.  I don’t want you to ever doubt who comes first.”


“Gus, you are always here when we need you.” Shelby’s hand moved downward and cupped him as she ground against him.  Her stomach was making that more difficult but she knew it turned him on. He never was repulsed by her as she got fat. As she stroked him he gently rubbed against her.  She slipped her hand down his pants and soon he undid his zipper and his pants fell. Clothes flew and they dropped on the bed.


“Mom, are you home? Daddy, I saw you truck!” Gage’s voice came from downstairs an hour later.


“Caught again,” Gus smiled.  “Up here, Gage!” he yelled loudly.


“Gus, we are in bed, naked.”


“Yes, we are,” he smiled mischievously as he pulled the blanket up but his hand moved far under the blankets and began to stroke her.  Her highly sensitised body responding immediately. “Quiet, here they come.”


The kids ran in.  “Are one of you sick? Did you hear something about our papas?”


Shelby did her best to focus on her children but Gus was making that very difficult. “Your papas are with Uncle Tyler.  They both have some recovering to do but we hope they will be home very soon. John is going down to get them home. It will still be a while but soon you will be able to see them.”  


“Why don’t you both  go change out of your school clothes and then the three of us can grill our dinner while mom has the night off.” Shelby was hanging on by a thread.  Gus could feel her insides quiver.


“I will be downstairs in 10 minutes. I’ll need my chefs to help.”  


Gage ran out without a word but Taylor stopped at the door. “I just want you to know that you aren’t fooling me.  I know exactly what the two of you are doing.” She then walked out and pulled the door closed behind her. Gus moved between her legs and in a couple thrusts it was all over.  Shelby was limp all over from the exertion.


“She really doesn’t know what we were doing does she?”  Gus asked as he pulled his clothes on.


“Oh she may not know exactly what was going on but she knows we were having sex in the middle of the day.”


“Is that a bad thing?”


“No, Gus, it is assuring them that their parents love each other and if you really plan to ….. Be home on Mondays, that will give them security, too. They both know how much their dad loves them but they get confused knowing you love Seth, too.”


Gus stepped out without responding.  Had he been hurting his kids? He couldn’t think about that now.  “Hey, where are my assistants?” he called out as he headed downstairs.



Tyler heard a soft knock on the door. “Excuse me, Mr. Harris?”


“Ya,” he sat up and looked at the young man at the door.  


“The doctor was wondering if you could come try and calm your brother in law.”


Tyler was already standing up and putting on his shirt.  “Which one?”


“Well, both actually.  Mr. Kinney is awake and belligerent and Mr. Taylor is not alert but he is so restless that he could damage his leg. The doctor prefers not to up his medication if he doesn’t have to.”


Tyler walked into Justin’s room and could see his body movements.  He thought for a moment and then as gently as he could, he put his arms around him. He brought his mouth to Justin’s ear.  “Justin, you need to relax. I love you. Molly loves you. Brinn and Gus love you. Oh, and Brian is crazy about you.” At the sound of Brian’s name and maybe the kids, he began to relax.  Tyler kissed his cheek. After holding him a couple more seconds, Tyler laid him back on the pillow. “On to the next.”


He followed the nurse but he could hear Brian before he saw him. He was in full boss mode.  “I need to see Justin!. Where is Tyler? What is going on here?”


“Brian Kinney, shut up!” Tyler said sharply as he walked in.  “You are disturbing other sick people.” Tyler’s tone silenced Brian for a moment. “Now, what seems to be your problem?”

Tyler’s voice was much softer now as he took Brian’s hand.


“Sunshine? Is he alright? I need to see him!” 


“Brian, I just saw him.  I think he knew you were calling for him.  He was very upset. Are you in pain?” Tyler looked down at Brian’s finger.  The doctor rebroke it today and set it.


“It’s fine. I want….”


“Brian, can you act like a grown man for a few minutes?” he squeezed his undamaged hand.  “I will go talk to the doctor and I will be back in a little while.”


“Harris, I need to see him,” Brian said with a silent plea.


Tyler nodded as he left the room as the nurse began taking Brian’s vitals which had started all of that.  Tyler went to find Justin’s on call doctor. He hadn’t met him before this so he introduced himself. 


The older doctor nodded at him and looked at the, “I hear we are having some trouble with both of them. I understand they have been through a lot but we may have to medicate Mr. Tayler and Mr. Kinney, well lets just say,  he needs to control himself.”


“I may have a solution for you, but I am not sure if it is possible.”


“Well, what is it? I am open to trying something.”


“Put them in the same room. Even better, put them in the same bed.”


“But Mr. Taylor is in intensive care and Mr. Kinney is physically well enough to leave.  We are keeping him here mainly for his mental state which of course should put him on another floor.”


“Doctor if you put them together, I think they both will….no I know they both will be much more comfortable.  If Brian can share his bed, they will both be much calmer. I have known them for 10 years and they really are one person in two bodies.  I know that sounds crazy but they love deeper than any couple I have ever met. If you agree, I’ll tell Brian if he has one outburst he is out of here and may not be able to see Justin.  That will keep him in line, I promise.”


“Ok, Justin’s leg is one of the worst I have ever seen and if we can keep him completely still would be the best.  There is still a chance he will lose the leg and if the infection appears somewhere else in the body, he still may not ….”


“Don’t ever say that to Brian.  That could be too much for him to handle right now.”


“Well, if the time comes, we will have to talk about it but I will add a note to talk to you first.”


“Oh, and doctor, I will probably be leaving by the end of the week.  Mr. Kinney’s nephew is flying in and as soon as Justin is able, they will be going back to the states.”


“That could be a long time.  Justin will not be ready to fly on a commercial flight for…”


“Oh, no, not a commercial flight.  It will be a charter and there will be a doctor and a nurse practitioner with them.”


“I had heard money was not a problem. If there are no setbacks  They may be able to travel in a week to ten days.”


“Thank you.  I will go talk to Brian now.  He will be on his best behavior.”


An hour later, Tyler walked with Brian down the hall, guiding his IV pole with him.  As soon as he saw Justin he rushed toward the bed, nearly pulling the needle out. 


“Oh, Sunshine, god it is so good to see you.  I ….” Brian bent over and kissed him. Tyler noticed the heart monitor started beeping quicker.  Carefully, three of the hospital staff moved Justin over in the bed so Brian could lay down next to him.  With in minutes, Justin’s arm draped across Brian and they were both sleeping peacefully.



 John had spent the day with Jonna and then sent her to Gus and Shelby’s.  He made Tony’s favorite meal and had the table set with candles when he walked in.. John’s heart skipped a beat.  Tony was still as beautiful as he was the day they had met and as he walked in wearing his suit all John could think of was getting him out of it. John helped him take his jacket off and hung it in the closet and then turned into his arms.  Tony place a hand on either side of John’s head and kissed him as John stepped forward, pressing his body tightly against him.


“Mi Amore, I am going to miss you so much but I know you must go.  So will dinner wait?”


“Oh, yes, I….” John was undoing Tony’s pants.


“Jonna?” Tony questioned.


“She is at Gus and Shelby’s for the night, all night!”  By the time John finished saying it, his pants were around his ankles.  Tony had already positioned himself against the kitchen counter and reached back and spread his cheeks.


John dropped down and began licking and probing with his tongue until Tony began to tremble.  John then stood up and slid into Tony. It was fast and frantic and soon they both shuttered and climaxed together. John kissed his neck, deliberately nipping a little too hard and when he felt Tony clamp around him he did it again.  Before they could separate, they both came again. Now Tony turned, his burgundy button down was partially unbuttoned and John finished undoing the buttons, sliding his hands around Tony’s waist.


“I am going to miss you so much! I’m sorry I don’t know how long I will be gone.”


“Oh, darling John, your uncle needs you.  That is one of the reasons I love you so much.  Your heart is always in the right place. Of course, we will miss you desperately! Let me go get our robes while you finish whatever it is we are having and then I plan to make love with you all night.”


The night was filled with love and laughter, and sex.  Amazing sex!”


As John dressed early in the morning, Tony watched him, trying to coax him back in bed for one more round.  John sat on the edge of the bed and he kissed Tony one last time. “I love you, Tony. I will call when I can.  I love you darling.”


“Mi Amore.  I will count the days until I can again touch you.”


John grabbed his luggage and rushed out the door as Dan pulled up with Danny and Elliott.  They were on a mission. They would not come back to the states until Brian and Justin were with them.  The timing was perfect for Danny and Elliott. They had finished school the week before. Elliott was officially an MD and after explaining the situation, his internship accepted him starting late since this was also medical experience.  As they boarded the family plane, John checked with the pilot. He would be relieving him off and on so they only needed to worry about fuel. The first pilot was going to fly to Hawaii. John was going to give him a break mid flight and then another pilot was taking over the rest of the flight with John splitting the duties on that flight. As they flew, John watched Danny and Elliott.  He had a feeling these two were meant for each other. He knew true love when he saw it.


Danny and Elliott spent several hours in the bedroom.  When they walked out it was obvious they had enjoyed each other’s company and their love was even more evident.  As the hours past, they discussed the plans of getting Brian and Justin back home. And Elliott warned John that Justin was still far from out of the woods.  The records and pictures were some of the worst he had ever seen and he made it clear to John it was going to be a long, difficult road if he does pull through.


Tyler was waiting for them at the airport.  He had a bite to eat with John, Danny and Elliott before catching a commercial flight back home. He missed Molly and his kids but it was hard leaving, too.  He still wasn’t sure he would ever see Justin alive and if Justin didn’t make it he had a feeling he wouldn’t see Brian again either.