- Text Size +

Chapter 12


The new arrivals found the car that was waiting for them.  Danny and Elliott were dropped at the hotel while John went on to the hospital.  They had reserved a suite for their visit and had decided for now anyway, they would take turns at the hospital.  There was a bedroom for John and one for Danny and Elliott. This was home base for, well, no one was sure how long.  Danny and Elliott chose a room and after taking a few minutes to put away a little of their clothes, they got in bed and went to sleep.


John was very tired and as the car pulled up to the hospital and all of the sudden John was overcome by emotion.  Brian and Justin had been rescued a week ago but from everything he had been told, Justin’s condition was still very tentative.  He had been taken back into surgery twice and Tyler had said they were going back in today and Tyler had warned John, Brian may be totally inconsolable while Justin was away from him.  So as John took a couple deep breaths he walked into the hospital.  


“You must be John Kinney,” a beautiful young nurse swooned.  


“Well, I am although my last name now is Montefiore.  I took my husband’s last name when we got married.” The nurse looked crestfallen.


“I will take you to their room.  In about thirty minutes Justin will be taken to surgery.  He may be a little sleepy already but he will know you are here. And we are all very glad you will be here with Mr. Kinney.”


“Uncle Brian has been difficult?”


“He went through a lot.  It is understandable.”


“Nice save,” John smiled at her.  “I know he can be difficult but he has a heart of gold. And his heart is going into surgery.” 


She stopped in front of a room, “If you need anything, John, let us know.  We will help in anyway we can.” She patted his arm and then walked away as he tapped on the door and walked in. 


“Uncle Brian?” he said softly. “Justin?”  


Brian turned his head and the moment their eyes met he got out of bed and walked into John’s arms. John saw the unsteadiness of Brian’s gait and he felt how thin he had gotten as he hugged him.  John couldn’t stop the tears.


“Uncle Brian, it is so good to hold you. How is Justin?”


“Come over here John and I will tell you if you will tell me how our kids are.”  John made sure Brian was stable before he rushed to Justin. Justin place one hand on each side of John’s face and he brought John’s face down to his and kissed him.  “It is so good to see your face. Now tell me how are our kids.”


“Worried to death about you but you raised strong kids.  They can’t wait to see you both and the grand kids….”


“How is Shelby!” Justin interrupted.  “She is pregnant, isn’t she?”


“How did you know? Did Tyler tell you?”


“Well, he avoided answering but…”


Brian continued, “Sunshine just knew it after talking to them one day.” Brian was holding Justin’s hand as Justin was drifting off more every minute. Brian looked at the clock, “They will be here to take him back soon.  John, I don’t know how many more times I can deal with this. They have taken so much of his leg away. He will need major reconstruction if they ever get rid of the infection. They wanted to take his leg but Justin said no. 


Just then a nurse and attendant came and collected Justin.  Brian kissed him but Justin didn’t realize it by that point.  Once he was gone, John pulled Brian to him and held him. John kissed him after he relaxed a bit.  “Let’s get some fresh air. I saw a little garden.” Brian had no fight left in him and went where John led him.  They sat on a bench in the cool air. John wrapped an arm around Brian and pulled him close. “So tell me what happened.”  Brian told him about Jax and Doggo. He told him how the accident happened, how the road just disappeared. Brian described how he woke up and couldn’t find Justin and then about the terrible condition of Justin’s leg.  Brian stopped talking after describing how he literally reached into Justin’s wound to get the bone to line up.


“Well, word is you did a great job.  What you did is not what is causing the infections.  If it wasn’t for you setting it as well as you did, the infection could have gone into the bone itself.”


“John, i gave him everything I could.  Doggo even brought us food but Justin couldn’t handle it by that time.”


“The dingo brought you food?”


“Yes, he brought us a rabbit”


“Did he clean it for you, too?”  John smiled at Brian.


For the first time, John saw a little spark in Brian’s eye, “It was so gross and the meat wasn’t very good but I am not sure I would have been able to keep going if it wasn’t for that protein but Justin’s body couldn’t handle it. He retched all night, making him even weaker.  We should go back in. These procedures only take a few minutes. All they do is put him out and cut more of him away. His leg….I am not sure it will ever be functional again. I don’t give a fuck about his leg.”


John held him close before helping him to his feet.  We are here to help you and I want you to come back to the hotel with me tonight  You need a real night sleep.”


“I am not leaving him.  He can’t be here alone.”


“He won’t be alone.  Danny and Elliott will be here and face it, they are both trained and Danny loves him and Elliott loves Danny.  He would do anything for Danny.”


“Who is Elliott?” Brian linked his arm with John and leaned on him a bit as they walked in.


“Elliott is the young doctor who will marry Danny some day or at least make a long term commitment.  He is a super nice guy. But Brian I wasn’t kidding. You are coming back with me for a good meal and a comfortable bed.”


“John, I don’t think I will sleep at all in an empty bed.”


“Well, then you will share my bed and I know I don’t offer the comforts you need but I’m a warm body that loves you so much, Uncle Brian.” John pulled him close and hugged him again.


They had just returned to the room when Justin was rolled back in.  As they transferred him to the bed, the sheet fell off his leg and John could see the indention where thigh muscles had been. Brian wasn’t kidding that there was a long road ahead. Once in bed, Justin started getting very restless so Brian got in with him.  Once Brian’s arm was draped over Justin’s waist he calmed down and slept comfortably. “See, I can’t be gone tonight. What if Justin gets restless?”


“Danny is not scared to snuggle up to a Taylor-Kinney.  He will do just fine. You are coming to the hotel with me and you are going to eat a solid meal and you are going to sleep a full night. That’s an order.”


They talked quietly as Justin slowly woke up.  Pain was etched on his face but after more pain meds he started to drift off again.  John leaned over him and said, “Justin, can you hear me?”


“Sure, John,” he responded in a far away voice.


“I am taking Brian back to the hotel with me tonight but Danny, you know Junior, he will be here with you all night, alright?”


“Good, love Danny.  Brian needs someone….care…” and he was gone.


Danny and Elliott arrived and after introductions between Elliott and Brian, John filled Danny in on Justin’s tendency to become distraught. Danny assured Brian if Justin needed a warm body next to him, he would join him.  “And don’t worry, Brian, although Justin is a very handsome man, I think of him as an uncle, not a heart throb. That I leave for you son.” Elliott wrapped his arms around Danny and pulled him close.  


Brian looked at the two young men and then he looked at John, “You’re right, John, Elliott looks at Danny like Justin looked at me.”


“There is no past tense to that, Brian.  Justin has always still looked at you with so much love it is unmistakable.” Danny said.  “Go. Elliott and I have this.” Danny hugged Brian and gave him a kiss. “I will call if he is too distraught and you are only five minutes away.”


John nodded and led Brian out. They ate at the hotel restaurant.  John made sure Brian ate a good meal. He kept distracting him so he forgot he was eating.  Then they took the elevator to the room and once there John started to fill the hot tub. “Brian, a hot soak in that tub will feel amazing.  I bet you haven’t done that since you arrived.”


“Your right.  I obviously have showered but I still found sand under my nails yesterday and between my toes.” Brian stripped, never modest in front of his nephew.  Now John could see just how skinny he really was.Every rib showed as he stepped into the steaming bubbly water. “John, join me. This is a two person tub.  I’d like the company.”


John stripped and sat facing his uncle. They talked about the good parts of the trip.  Brian told him about Japan and their new friends, Tammy and Dana. He told him about the month in Bali and the amazing time they had, spending a month naked and making love.


“I think I need to take John there.  We could really use a couple weeks naked and making love. I still love him so much but we just seem too busy to spend quality time together.”


“John, promise me you will make time.  I will give him as much time off as I need to.  He has good staff in his department. They won’t fall apart if he leaves for a couple weeks, even a month.”


“Well, once you and Justin are back home at the vineyard, we will plan a trip.”


“Having Jonna at our house a couple weeks might be what Justin needs.  I sometimes think he would have liked another and I should have probably  let him. He made such a beautiful child. Another like Brinn…”


“Another like Brinn may have killed all of us,” John smiled at Brian and they both laughed.


“She is a spitfire.  God, I miss my girl. Has she made any wedding plans?”


“No, she said she was waiting for her dads to come home.  She’s in no hurry. She loves Zach but a ring won’t change that and she is so young yet.”


“You weren’t a lot older than she is when you married Tony.”


“You’re right, Brian, but Tony believed marriage was the right way to have a relationship, a committed relationship.”  John moved toward Brian. “Why don’t you move forward and let me scrub your back.” He moved behind him and took a soft cloth.  “Looks like you had a burn.”


“I did.  Am I still peeling?”


“Well, most of it is gone but there are signs of skin damage. Let me rub some of it off.  Does it itch?”


“It has from time to time.”  As John sat behind him and rubbed his back he saw dry flaky skin come off. When John had gotten rid of all the old skin he got out of the tub.  


“Dry off and I will rub some lotion into your skin.  You need to take care of that and see a dermatologist once you are back.  I don’t think the scars are permanent. I think if we keep putting lotion on it, it will be back to normal in a week or so of a little TLC.”  John rubbed the thick lotion into his back, feeling every vertebrae. “Now, Uncle Brian. Lay down and get some sleep.”


“John, will you lay with me. I won’t be able to sleep if I just think about….”


“Lay down, Uncle Brian.  I am going to call Tony and then I will join you, as long as you wear briefs.” John threw a pair of underwear at Brian.  “I’ll be back soon.” He kissed Brian’s cheek before walking out of the bedroom.


After a conversation with Tony, John was ready to sleep.  He went back into the room and as he got into bed Brian mumbled, Sunshine?”


John moved close and put his arm around Brian’s waist, “It’s John, Brian.  I’m here. Sleep now.”


“John, Sunshine’s alive,” he said in his sleep.


“Yes, Brian. He’s alive because of you,” John pressed himself against Brian and they both slept soundly.



Danny had laid with Justin part of the night when he got restless but once he slept soundly, Danny got out of bed and sat on Elliott’s lap.  “I am sure you didn’t realize what a crazy bunch you were getting into when you agreed to come home with me to look at my dad.”


“Well, maybe but I also had no idea the kind of money I was stepping into.  You know that didn’t matter, doesn’t matter to me. I will love you forever because of the wonderful man you are.” Elliott rested his hand on Danny’s crotch and soon the hand began to move and then he had the zipper down and Danny’s head dropped backward as Elliott continued to stroke and squeeze and as he brought his lips to Danny’s he rubbed the tip of Danny’s rigid cock until Danny could no longer contain himself. Elliott moved his mouth and aimed Danny’s cock at his mouth, catching as much of his cum as he could.  He then brought his mouth back to Danny’s. After a long kiss, Elliott said, “Let’s try to get a little sleep.


“Yes, El.  I think we could use a little sleep.”


The days turned into two weeks.  John started missing Tony so bad it hurt  One morning, when Brian and John arrived, the doctor was waiting for them in Justin’s room.   Justin was sitting up this morning and looking better than he had. They had not needed to do anymore procedures in a week and he was gaining strength.


“Well, gentlemen,” the doctor said, “I think , after talking to Dr. James, you should be able to fly home tomorrow.  I understand your plane has a bedroom and that it was stocked with medical supplies. I have also contacted the hospital in San Francisco.”  Brian had moved across the room to Justin’s side and held his hand tightly. “You all know there is still a lot of healing to take place and reconstructive surgeries but, as you know, the infection has finally been taken care of.”


“I spoke to Dad a little while ago.  He will have two pilots ready to fly us back.  John, other than a bathroom break or two, you will not be needed to fly that way.  Dan thought it would be best if you were free to be with Brian or Justin during the long trip.  Dad thought if you could be at the airport early tomorrow morning to meet the pilots, since you are familiar with the plane, it might be helpful.  El and I will be here and be with Brian and Justin. We will have an ambulance bring us to the airport and Dad will have everything set at that end.”


Brian bent down and kissed Justin, “We are going home, Sunshine, and we will get to see our babies.”  He kissed him again before moving to Danny and Elliott, “Thank you, both of you. Without you this wouldn’t be possible.  Do the kids know?” Brian still hadn’t talked to either Gus or Brinn. Up until the last week, he was too emotionally unstable to trust  himself talking to them. John had spoken to each of them daily to reassure them all was going as planned but neither Gus or Brinn were really sure of how severe the final results of the injury was. They would need to see their dads and hold them to know that everything would be fine.


Brian looked at Danny, Elliott, and John, “The three of you go enjoy the city today. We haven’t had alone time for a while, and face it, you need a break from us.” 


John looked at Brian, “Are you sure?”  Brian nodded. “Ok, then I am going to the airport and do a thorough inspection of the plane. But Brian, if you want me to stop by, let me know.”


“Go.  All of you. Enjoy your day.  El and Danny, I will sleep with my husband tonight. I will see you in the morning. John, please pack up my stuff and bring me clean clothes in the morning.”


“I will, Brian.  You two have a relaxing day.” John walked out the door but stuck his head back in, “I love you, guys,” and he was gone.


Brian got back into bed with Justin as he had so many times during the hospital stay. Brian pulled him close and Justin said, “Kiss me.” Brian did as he asked and started to lay back.  “No, Brian, really kiss me. Do I repulse you so much that you can’t…”


Brian claimed Justin’s mouth with such  ferociousness, Justin was taken by surprise.  Brian’s mouth was soon everywhere. It has been over a month since the last time they made love and Brian’s body screamed to love him or be loved by him.  Brian’s hand moved down Justin’s body and it was obvious Justin needed him too. As he slid his hand under the hospital gown, he then sighed finding no briefs.  Brian got out of the bed and then moved to the end of the bed and reentered it under the blanket. He laid on Justin’s good leg and slipped his mouth over Justin’s erection.  As he got more excited, Justin moaned.


Brian’s head moved off and from under the blanket he said, “Am I am hurting you? Should I stop?”

“If you stop, I’ll kill you!” Brian continued prolonging his release by licking, then stroking, then sucking and then, without planning on doing it, he slipped his hand under his Sunshine and, pressed the tip of his finger into him. Justin screamed as he emptied himself into Brian’s mouth.  He was still panting when a nurse came through the closed door.


“Justin, what’s wrong?” were the words out of her mouth before she realized his blanket was not lying flat. Much of the time Justin had been here his leg had been protected so the blankets were elevated above the wound but once she really looked it was obvious that his husband was under the blanket and she turned but then remembered her job.  “Sir, you are good, right?”  


Justin just nodded as Brian’s head popped out from under the blanket.  “I’ll come get you if he needs you.” Now the nurse blushed and stepped out.  “Did I hurt you? Is your leg alright?”


Justin reached down and pulled  Brian up to him. “Lay on me. I just need to feel your body….god I wish you were naked.”


“On the plane, Sunshine.  We can lay together naked the whole trip if you wish.”


“Will you fuck me? I mean really….”


Brian groaned loudly.  “If I can figure out how without causing injury to your leg I will stay buried inside you the whole time.  Justin kissed his neck and tried to move lower. “DAMN! I want to taste you. Get up here. Straddle my head.  I want to taste you so bad.”


“Sunshine, maybe we should wait until…”


“Fuck! NO! I want my husband now.”


“Shhh, Ok but we don’t want the nurse to come back. Brian moved up and  undid his fly before he got back in bed. After trying a couple positions, Brian ended up propping Justin up on an extra pillow and then positioned himself facing Justin’s feet with a knee on either side of his head. Just the feel of Justin’s breath on his cock had him rock hard and as he lowered himself a bit and he felt Justin take him into his mouth, Brian whimpered like a puppy nursing. With that, Brian, who never lost control climaxed fast and hard.  For the first time in weeks he was hopeful they still had a life together.


As Brian stood and straightened his clothes, he kissed Justin again.  “I love you so much, Sunshine. We are going to have a long life together.  We will…” Brian was interrupted by a knock on the door. “Come in,” he smiled at the same nurse who flushed again as soon as she saw him.


“Um, there is a woman here.  She wants to see the two of you.  I know we have orders not to let anyone in.”


“And you have done an amazing job at that,” Brian smiled at her.


“But, I think you may want to see her.  She has a baby with her and says that your guide…”


“Jax’s girlfriend is here?” Brian saw her nod and then looked at Justin, who nodded.  “Can you give us about five minutes and then bring her in?” She agreed and left them.  “Sunshine, are you sure you want to meet her? I can meet her in the waiting room and give her the few things…”


“No, Brian, I want to meet her.  I don’t blame Jax. He had no idea the road had crumbled.  We were pushing him to catch up to our group. I want to tell her that.” 


Brian kissed him.  “You are an amazing man, Justin Taylor-Kinney.”  Brian than walked over and made sure he knew where the bundle of Jax’s items were.  There was a soft knock on the door and the nurse stuck her head in and when Brian nodded, she let a young woman in and then left.


“Mr. Kinney?” She looked at Brian.


“Yes, Brian please,” he walked over and shook her hand and this amazingly, gorgeous man is my husband, Justin.”


The woman, holding an infant, walked across to the bed and shook his hand. “And who is this young man?” Justin asked as he looked at the baby in her arms.


“This is,” her voice wavered, “This is Jax Junior. I was told you might have some of Jax personal items?”  Her body was trembling and all the sudden it was like the weight of the world was pressing her down.


“Would you mind if I held him? It has been a while since I have held a little one but I promise I have lots of experience with two kids and two grandbabies, and a third on the way!” Justin’s face lit up at the thought of Gus’ baby to be. She offered him the baby and then Brian led her to one of the chairs in the room, before walking over and picking up the bag that held Jax personal belongings.


“I don’t know how to express how sorry we both are for your loss.  If it hadn’t been for us, he wouldn’t have been out….” Brian hesitated as what he said sank in.


“No, if it hadn’t been you it would have been someone else. Jax loved being a guide and I know he was trying to earn enough money to make us an official family.”


“We wanted you to know how much he loved you and you are right, he planned to propose when he got done with this trip.” Brian looked over at Justin snuggling the little boy and he flashed back to Gus as a baby and then Gage. “These are things that I felt meant the most to him.” He handed her the bag and she opened it.  Inside was Jax’s wallet, his knife, and the picture of her with the baby. “I am sure they gave you more of his stuff but these were the things I found after the accident.”


“Yes, they recovered his body.  Thanks to the way you protected it, animals hadn’t been able to carry him away,” she shivered.


“I’m sorry, I don’t know your name.”


“It’s Ella.”


“Ella, are you two secure, oh and his daughter. He loved his family so much.”


“We will be alright.  I have a good job and didn’t need Jax for financial support.  I just…. I don’t know how I will live without him.”


Brian squatted down in front of her, “You will survive and go on because of Jax Jr.  You will tell him about his fun loving nature and you will see him in the way Jax talks or pulls a face.  Maybe he will laugh just like his dad. But if you ever need anything that we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to call.”  He pulled out a business card. This is the line to my headquarters and it goes directly to my personal assistant. Cynthia knows how to get ahold of me at all times or will be able to assist you herself.  I am serious. We want to help if we can.”


“Ella,” Justin said as he snuggled her little boy, “This little guy deserves everything he would have if his dad …. Just keep in touch, alright?”


Ella was very touched.  “I was a bit scared to come by.  I wasn’t sure if you would blame Jax and if you would try to sue…”  tears began to roll down her cheeks as Brian pulled her to him. 


“That’s not us.  We have more money than we know what to do with and although we only knew him for a couple days, he was a friend.”


Baby Jax started fussing and Ella stood and took him from him.  “I better leave. He is getting hungry.”


“You are welcome to feed him here.


“I….thank you but I think I need to go home.” Ella gave both men a hug and as Brian moved to Justin and took his hand she addressed them one last time, “I am glad to know that Jax had such and enjoyable last trip. Thanks,” with that she rushed out of the door.



Elliott and Danny went back to the hotel for a shower and put on clean clothes. The shower took much longer than it would if they had showered separately but when they got out they were both relaxed and satisfied. As Danny started to dress, Elliott sat on the edge of the bed watching him. 


“Danny, I love you.”


“I love you, too, El.”


“Danny, last night when you crawled in bed with Justin for a while and slept, I watched you and realized I wanted to be the one to share your bed for ever. So, I did a little research and found out well,” Elliott dropped to his knee and looked up at Danny. “Will you marry me? I would love to marry you today but if not today, will you marry me sometime?”


“Marry you? Oh god, I …” tears ran down his face. “Yes, yes I will marry you and yes, I will marry you today.” Danny threw himself at Elliott who pulled him in. After a long kiss, Danny looked at Elliott, “Is it really possible? I mean, how do we find a place to marry?”


“I made a call and if we can be at the registrar’s office in two hours, we can get married.  Just remember to bring your Visa.”


“Are we really going to do this?”  Danny looked into Elliott’s eyes.


“I hope so.”  


“Well, I am going to get ready in the other bedroom,” he said as he grabbed his stuff.  He prayed he could find something to wear in Brian or Justin’s suitcases. This day was special and he wanted to look special.  “Call me when you are ready.” Danny ran his hand down Elliott but stopped before she dropped below his waist. With a quick kiss he rushed out.


Danny found Justin’s luggage and pulled it out.  He pulled out an iron and ironing board and, after turning the iron on, he dug through the suitcase.  He pulled out a white button down and some dress pants. They might be a size bigger than he normally wore but with a belt, it should work fine.  He pressed the shirt and the pants. He looked a little more and found a beautiful scarf that had Brinn’s name on it. He draped it around his neck and looked at himself in the mirror.  His hair turned out good and the water color scarf would look stunning on Brinn but he knew his friend would love the fact he used her gift. It was something new, borrowed, and blue. Now what was old? He felt a little odd digging through the luggage but it was his wedding day.  He wanted it as perfect as possible. He kept looking through the pockets of the bags.  


There was a soft knock on the door. “Danny, I don’t want to rush you but I am sure you are totally gorgeous and we have an appointment to get to.”


“I’ll be right there.” Danny shrugged, giving up and checked in the mirror one last time and then in the reflection of the mirror he saw something in a side pocket a small case.  It was a tie pin. He had no idea if it was old but it looked old. He wasn’t wearing a tie and didn’t want to put a hole in the scarf but he put in on his collar and then, after a deep breath, he walked to the doors and opened them.


“Oh, my god, you look …. “  Elliott could finish the sentence.  


“Are you sure you want to do this?” Danny asked?”


“I have never been more sure in my life.”



Late in the afternoon, John had stopped by the hospital and then went to the hotel to sleep.  When he walked into his bedroom it was obvious someone had dug through all the bags in the room.  Danny and Elliott had obviously been there but had they done this or had they been robbed. He texted Danny and asked if he knew anything about his room.  As he waited for a response, he thought about it. He had never heard of a thief using the ironing board.


Twenty minutes passed before he got a response, ‘Sorry, will explain when we get back’. While Danny had gotten dressed for his wedding, Elliott had called a jewelry store that was on the way to the ceremony.  He had made Danny wait in the car and after only a few minutes Elliott was back in the car and they were off.


Although the ceremony was short, the registrar’s words were meaningful and as they promised their love to each other and they slipped the platinum bands on each others fingers, they both let the importance of this sink in.  When they were told they could kiss, Danny wrapped his arms around Elliott’s neck and claimed those lips that belonged to his husband.  


After the ceremony they went to a special dinner.  Elliott held Danny’s hand as they sipped on wine as they waited for their meal. Danny looked at the ring on Elliot’s hand.  They were quite intricate and perfect. They were a braid that was very textured.


“Do you like the rings?” Elliott asked as he kissed the palm of Danny’s hand.


“They are stunning.  They look like you designed them.”


“Well obviously I didn’t have time for that but I thought they were perfect and it was fate they had them in our sizes.  They didn’t have time to engrave them inside but later I would like to put your initials in mine with today’s date.”


“Oh, yes, I want everyone to know I am lucky enough to be married to you.” They kissed over the table just as their meal was delivered.  That’s when Danny remembered his phone buzzed a bit ago. He read the message and started laughing. “John is wondering if he had a breakin. I did leave his room in a mess. I will apologize when we get home, before we lock ourselves in our room for multiple hours. I plan to have a difficult time sitting for that 18 hour flight.  We will just have to lay on the sofa in the back.” Danny grinned at Elliott.  


“I am sure I can help you with that discomfort.” Elliott smiled.  What do you say we get dessert to go? We will have to talk to John when we get back before….Suppose making love will be better as a married couple?”


“I am not sure it could get much better but I plan to try all night. We have a very long flight to sleep.”



They arrived at the suite and let themselves in.  “John, were back.”


John came out of the bedroom looking a bit frustrated.  He missed Tony so badly and after talking to him a few minutes he had spent the last hour and a half repacking luggage that had been packed this morning. “Do you mind explaining that mess in my bedroom?” his tone was sharper than he planned.


Danny took a step back and Elliott wrapped an arm around his waist, protectively. “John, I’m sorry but…”


“But… I just spent an hour and a half repacking those bags and what were you doing in Justin’s clothes and,” John looked at Danny’s outfit and recognized the scarf that Brian had showed him.  It was for Brinn. “What the hell are you doing with Brinn’s scarf?”


“John, I’m sorry.  I….” Danny tried to continue but now John walked toward him holding out his hand for the scarf.  Danny unwrapped the scarf from around his neck and took a step toward John holding out the scarf.  “I didn’t mean any harm, I didn’t think Brinn would mind if I wore her scarf to my wedding.”


“That wasn’t your decision to make and I was with Brian and he would have told me if…..” John stopped and looked at Danny and then at Elliott.  “Did you say your wedding?” he took the scarf but also took Danny’s hand. “I….” John’s eyes began to well up, “I’m sorry, congratulations!” he pulled Danny into his arms. Danny wrapped his arms around John.  “I was taking out my frustrations on you and Elliott.”


“And I left you a total mess.  Is it cleaned up? I will gladly go in and clean up anything that is left. You don’t think Brinn will be mad I used her scarf, do you?”


“Miss Thing will not mind. She loves you and will be so thrilled you are married.”


“Oh, I also borrowed this tie pin.” He removed it from his collar and handed it to John.


“Where did you get this?”  John looked at the pin but didn’t recognize it.


“Let me show you.  I just wanted something old and it looked very old.”


Danny went into John’s room.  The small case he had taken it out of wasn’t there anymore. “It was right here.  It was a worn leather…”


“Tony’s shaving kit,” John said.  “I remember shortly after we got together he was tearing the house apart looking for his grandfather’s pin.  I bet this is it. I don’t know how but you found it. Tony is going to be so happy. It’s been missing almost 20 years.” John looked at Danny and Elliott.  “You guys go enjoy your first night as a couple. Again, I’m sorry for being such an ass when you came home. I promise not to leave this room until 7:00 am when I leave for the airport.  We expect to take off at 10:00 in the morning so you should probably be at the hospital between 8:00 and 8:30. Now, go enjoy your night. I promise not to eavesdrop. I’m too lonely for that.  It has been a long three weeks.”  


Danny kissed John’s cheek.  “I’m sorry you have had to be away from your love for so long.  I know your family appreciates your sacrifice. Brinn has said it several times while we have been here.”


“Ya, she’s mad at me.  She wanted to come so bad and as the time drug on she wanted to come and I told her absolutely not. When those two get home there will still be a long recovery not only physically but mentally, too.”  John closed the doors and Elliott and Danny soon forgot about everything.  


John slept well but was woken up by Danny and Elliott more than once.  He wasn’t sure either of them would be able to walk in the morning. When John had sent the last of the bags downstairs to the car, he knocked on the bedroom door. “Gentlemen, I’m leaving for the airport. You probably need a little soak in a tub before you go to the hospital.”


Elliott’s sleepy voice traveled through the door, “Thanks, John.  We will see you at the airport.”



Brian and Justin talked most of the night.  They were both a little nervous about going home.  “Brian, I want to see our kids and grandkids so badly but I am not sure … .I think I need to get my leg a little more..”


“Sunshine, we will be in San Francisco for a while.  If we need more space we could go to Britin for a while. There are good doctors there and when we get the OK we could go to the Villa for a while.”


“Bri, our kids will not let us keep running.  And we have a new baby coming and a wedding to plan.  I don’t want to disappoint anyone.”


“Don’t stress, Sunshine.  We will take it one day at a time.” Brian curled up close and rested his hand on Justin’s flaccid cock.  “I love you,” his voice trailed off as he fell into a deep sleep.



When Danny and Elliott got to the hospital, Brian was in the room alone.  “Well, the two of you look like you did some hard riding last night.” Brian smiled at both of them who were obviously a little uncomfortable.

“Brian, I need your promise not to say anything if Dad meets us at the hospital.”


“What secret am I not supposed to tell Dan.  I hate to tell you this but he knows you have sex and he doesn’t care as long as you are safe about it.”


“Brian, El and I got married yesterday.”


“What? Your dad is going to kill me for not knowing this. You know, as much time as you have been here you and I haven’t had time to talk.  How are your dads?”


“They are good now.” Damn, Danny knew he slipped up.


“Now?” Brian had a way of looking straight into your soul.


“Dad had to have some surgery while you were gone but he is totally back up to full health now.”


“Is that why Tyler came down instead of him?”


“Ya, at the time Dad wasn’t up to yet. But if it wasn’t for Dad getting sick, El and I may never have gotten to know each other past friendship.  El came home with me when Dad had a spell and that is how we got together. So all turned out well. Dad is back to normal and El and I fell in love.”


Just then Justin was rolled back into the room.  “I hate this chair! I want crutches!”


“Mr. Taylor, you heard the doctor.  A couple more weeks of healing and you should be able to start using crutches but until then, it could do more harm than good.”


“Idiots!  They are all idiots here.”


The nurse looked at Brian pleadingly. Brian nodded at her and  nodded for El and Danny to leave and he spent the next fifteen minutes helping Justin dress along with calming him down. When he had succeeded doing both Brian pushed Justin in front of the chair and sat down in it. “Sunshine, it is understandable that you are frustrated but I don’t want you to strain anything you shouldn’t be straining yet. I am yours forever, my love, but we both know we enjoy each other’s company more when we can enjoy each other thoroughly. You don’t really want to do possible   

permanent damage do you?”


Justin leaned forward and Brian slid forward so he could hold onto him.  “Brian, you’ve seen the damage. This is not something that will heal completely.  I will never be able to...I will never have the strength I once had.”


“Justin Taylor, you and I have never had trouble being creative.  How ever you heal we will make it work! Damn it, I love you and that will never change!” 


“Brian, Justin, we need to go to the airport.  John just texted me that the plane will be ready in thirty minutes.”  Danny stood looking at Brian and Justin and hoped that in 30 years he and El would be as strong.



Once they arrived at the airport, it was only a short time before they were in the air.  It was a long trip. They stopped to fuel the plane a couple of times but otherwise the hours just passed.  They took turns talking to each other and El and Danny changed his bandage and gave him medication as needed.  Justin was getting more agitated as they got closer to San Francisco. Brian came out of the bedroom just needed a break.


“Uncle Brian, I’ll go sit with him.”


“Thanks, John.  He is getting scared about facing everyone.  Do you know who will be there? At the airport?”


“I told Brinn and Gus to wait at the hotel until he gets settled into the rehab center.  I think Dan will be there. I figure he was much less of a threat and face it, once he hears Danny got married he probably won’t think about Justin or you.  I’ll sit with him, you rest.”


John did a good job calming Justin down and soon they were getting notification about getting ready to land.  None of them were sure what time it was or what day it was. As they landed they were told it was 8:00 pm. Brian was glad Dan was going to meet them at the airport.  He wanted to make sure Dan was really Ok but more important, he needed Dan’s support. He walked next to Justin, holding his hand as John pushed him. Behind them Elliott and Danny walked, arms around each other.  As they entered the terminal Brian moved behind the wheelchair as he saw Tony waiting with flowers and a tearful Jonna next to him.


“Go, John. I have this.”  


John didn’t have to be told twice.  He took off at a run, straight into Tony’s arms as he somehow also picked up Jonna. After kissing his daughter multiple times,  he set her down and then it was Tony’s turn. They kissed so long Jonna started to get uncomfortable, Um, Dad? Papa? You might want to wait until you get to the hotel.”


Dan caught Brian’s eye but Brian gently shook his head as he took Justin directly to the side where he saw a couple of people he was sure were from the rehab center and they slipped out before talking to anyone.  Dan and Marcus hugged Danny and Elliott as they came over. Danny picked up Hannah and gave her a kiss.


“Hannah Banana, can I tell you a secret?”


“Sure, Danny, what is it?”


“Elliott and I got married in Australia.” 


Hannah’s eyes got big and she said very loudly, “You got married? But I wanted to be your flower girl.”


His sister did exactly as he had expected.  “Married!” Marcus and Dan both said. There were hugs and kisses all around and they started walking off together.  Marcus stopped of one second and walked over to Jonna. He whispered something to her and she nodded.  


She put her arms around her dads and smiled up at them.  “I am going to sleep with Hannah. We can talk in the morning and decide where to meet up.”  John dropped down and held his little girl, well not so little anymore.  


“Thank you, honey.  I have missed you so much and I promise you and I will spend a whole day together pretty soon.”


“I know you will, Dad.  I have seen how much Papa has missed you.  You have some time alone and then you will make lots of time for me.”  She kissed his cheek and walked over and took Hannah’s hand. 


John stood and Tony put his arms around him.  “When did she get so grown up?” John was choked up.  


“Our baby is a teenager, but she is a wonderful, loving teenager. And I think we need to follow her  instructions. Let’s get to the hotel. We have three weeks to make up for.”


Danny stopped his dads as Jonna entertained Hannah, “We need to follow Brian and Justin to the rehab to talk to the doctors.  Our inner clocks are all messed up. I’ll call you tomorrow and let you know when we will come back.” He stepped a little closer and lowered his voice, “How is the stuff with Hannah going?”


“We will talk tomorrow but Hannah will be meeting her aunt this weekend.”


“Oh Dad, does that mean….”


“It just means she is meeting her aunt.  Go take care of my friends. Give this to Brian.” He gave Brian their room number.  “We will make room for him if he needs a place to sleep or I can go to where he is.”  Dan looked at Marcus, who nodded.


“We are here for either of them but we don’t want to be an added stresser.”


With that they went their own way.  Jonna held Hannah’s hand as they walked with Dan and Marcus and Danny and Elliott held hands as they walked the other direction.