- Text Size +

Chapter 14



The next few days were a whirlwind that propelled them into the next couple months.  Brinn’s old room was set up as a hospital room. Elliott and Danny moved into Stone House and Elliott and Brinn helped Brian research the best surgeon for Justin.  


Danny had his work cut out for him while Justin recuperated from the skin graft. Brian took some of the blows Justin shot at those around him but Danny knew his family couldn’t take too much of it.  He stepped in so Brian wouldn’t have to take the brunt of it. He had Elliott to build him up at night. He could take it.


By fourth of July Justin felt well enough to have the family over for a couple hours.  He hated having the kids see him in the wheelchair so Danny and Gus got him into one of the sofas on the veranda so he could be in the middle of the action.  Gage and Taylor had seen Justin for a few minutes every week and knew they had to be gentle with Papa but Justin seemed to thrive as he read a story to Gage and then just watching them run around for the morning.  They were growing so fast. Shelby sat by him for a while .


Dan and Marcus were coming later but they had a court ordered visit with Hannah’s aunt Kim.  As the lawyers fought it out they had been ordered to have scheduled visits every four weeks. Dan and Marcus would be willing to work with her if they trusted her but they still felt like she was after something other than what was best for Hannah.  


By 1:00 pm the whole crew was there and the grill was on.  Brinn and Zach arrived and while Zach helped Gus at the grill, Brinn curled up next to Justin.  He loved listening to her chatter on and on but the longer she sat next to him, he noticed she never let her wine glass go empty and as time went on her volume went up.  Her speech began to slur and by the time it was time to eat she was not able to walk without Zach holding her up. 


Brian came over to Justin with a plate of food for him. He bent and kissed him before sitting next to him.  “You look worried.”


“Brinn is a bit shaky, don’t you think,” Justin said as he took a seductive bite of a hot dog in a bun.  


“God, if you keep that up,”  Brian readjusted how he was sitting to be a little more comfortable.  “I did notice Brinn had been kicking them back but she has really been under a lot of pressure.  I think she is just enjoying a day off.”


“Brian, you’ll keep an eye on her, won’t you? I mean I will be going back in for surgery soon and then will be stuck in my room for weeks.  I don’t want our baby girl to break. She is too much like me and I don’t want her to push herself to that point.” He took another bite of the hot dog.


“I promise.  I will keep an eye on her and maybe Danny and Elliott can help with that. They have been having dinner together a lot of nights since George cooks for them all.” They both ate more of their lunch as Dan and Marcus pulled up with the bubbly Hannah. She rushed to Jonna’s side and Jonna assured her dads she would take care of her.  Dan and Marcus came outside and sat across from their friends.


“So how was the visit with Hannah’s aunt?”


“I admit Hannah seems to like her but I still think she is after something.  I just can’t figure out what.” Brian could see how worried Dan and Marcus were.


“You know if there is anything we can do for you….”  Brian said to his friends. Just then several of the kids ran between them and Justin’s plate flipped onto his lap.


“Shit! What the hell!”  Justin caught himself as the kids turned and look scared.  


“Sorry, Uncle Justin.  We didn’t mean….” Paul, being the oldest of this group spoke first.  


Justin smiled at them, “No, I’m sorry.  You go on and have fun. It’s a holiday.  You should be running around.  


“Hey, Justin, let me help you back to your room for some clean clothes,” Marcus stood.  “Hey, could one of you come and help me here?” He looked over at the group of men sitting in another cluster.  


“No problem, Marcus.” Peter got up and between the two men they carried Justin back in. Gus followed and once inside helped open doors for the other men.  Once Justin was sitting on the side of the bed Peter started walking out and Gus was still hanging outside the door. “Gus, are you alright? You are so quiet today.”


“Ya, I guess I’m just a little…. I don’t know.  Maybe it has to do with the kids birthdays and another on the way.  We are so excited about the baby but it will mean some big changes again.”


“Does this have anything to do with Seth not being here?”


“I didn’t….I do miss him but right now my kids and my wife….”


“Gus, if your not happy, if something is missing in your life, don’t you think Shelby would want you to…”


“Why can’t I be happy with just her. I love her and I love my kids but there is a hole, an empty little space that my wife and kids can’t fill.” 


“You know I don’t believe in lying to my wife but maybe you should see if Seth is around.  I bet you could slip over there for a couple hours and be back before anyone really thinks twice.  Tell them you have to run to the office for something. I think Shelby would understand. Maybe you don’t see him regularly but go when you need to.”


“But Peter it would be lying if I don’t tell her.”


“Aren’t you lying to yourself if you don’t see him?”  Peter left Gus at the end of the hall by himself. 


Marcus found a shirt and pants for Justin as well as some briefs.  Justin took off his messed up shirt and Marcus handed the shirt to him.  Justin then laid down on the bed and Marcus started to help pull down Justin’s pants but Justin stopped him.


“Marc, I am just warning you.  Maybe you should just get Danny to help me.  He knows what to expect.


“Justin, I want to help you, if that’s alright. Unless you think I will hurt you?”


“No,” he hesitated, “why don’t you pull the pants off first.”  Marcus carefully pulled down the pants, making sure he didn’t let the waistband touch his upper thigh.  As Marcus uncovered his leg Marcus was shocked at the indention where the well muscled leg used to be.

Marcus dropped his head on Justin’s lap. “I am so …. I can’t imagine the pain you went through out there. Justin, you are the bravest man I have ever known.”


“Marcus, I wasn’t brave.  I was scared to death.” Justin reached out for Marcus, “Come here.”  Marcus moved onto the bed and laid down next to him. “This might not be smart.   I haven’t had sex for several weeks. I’m hoping tonight.. I get some fireworks.” Justin smiled over and kissed Marcus. “Can Brian really love me like this? I mean we probably will never be able to have crazy, wild, fierce sex again.  I will never gain full strength again. Would you be able to love…”


“Justin, Brian will love you as long as you are alive and he will always, always want you, any way he can have you.”


“That’s what he always says. I mean he comes in here and seems to enjoy sucking me off or being sucked off but we have so much more….”


Marcus kissed him and reached down to stroke him under the briefs he had just put on him. “Justin, you are one of the most amazing men in the world.  Other than Dan and our kids, I love you, maybe too much. You are such a great lover. You instinctively know what people need, physically and emotionally.  I love you. You are the best friend I have ever had.”


Justin pulled him close and kissed him.  “Thank you, Marcus. I love you, too, but we probably better get me changed before our husbands may come looking for us. Oh, and Marcus, thank you for making me feel like a man again.”



Gus saw Taylor outside.  “Hey, Sunny, can you tell mom I have to run into town for a few minutes.  I need to do something at the office.”


“Ok, Daddy,” she gave him a hug. “You’ll be back in time for our cake won’t you?”


“Oh, of course.  I should be home by,” he looked at the time, “6:00.  Tell Mommy I will be home by 6:00.” He kissed her and got in his truck and drove away.


“Taylor, did Daddy tell you where he was going?” Shelby walked up to her daughter.


“Daddy said he had to do something at the office but  he will be home by 6:00, before we have cake.”


“Ok, honey, you go play with your cousins.”  Shelby watched her daughter run away and felt her child move inside her as she watched the dust clear from Gus’ departure.She wondered if it really was work. He had been very quiet the last few days.


Brian walked up behind her and put an arm around her shoulders.  “Where were you?”


“I was wondering if your son had work to do or a date with Seth.”


“Would that be so bad?”


“He knows the kids are getting too old for him to have a boyfriend.”


“Oh, Shelby, your kids would adjust. They would rather have a happy dad who is gone once in a while than to have a dad who is missing something in his life.” Brian kissed her temple. “You know I love you and I can’t imagine a better daughter but my son loves you but I guess he’s a Kinney.  He needs more than the normal man. Please, let him be himself. He will never leave you. You know that, right?”


“I’m sorry I can’t give him what he needs.” She turned into Brian’s chest and Brian held her close.


“No one person could make my son happy.  You are exactly what he needs. Don’t doubt that.”


“Thanks, Brian. I do love him.”


“I know you do, Shelby, and he knows it too.”



Gus walked up to Seth’s door and knocks and when the door opened Gus locks eyes with Seth.  He was fairly sure Seth had been drinking, probably more than he should have by this time of the day. Gus took a step toward him and Seth grabbed him, dragging him inside as his hands rested on Gus’ ass and he pulled him close.  He closed the door and by the time he turned around Gus stood nearly naked. “God, Gus, you are really here aren’t you? I was dreaming about you and…” Gus rushed him and grabbed his crotch as Seth’s hands pushed Gus’ pants down to the floor. As Gus rubbed Seth’s cock through the fabric, Seth was already entering him with his fingers. Seth picked him up and keeping his finger buried deep inside him, he carried Gus to  the bedroom.



Gus arrived home at 5:30.  The pool they had put in early this summer was full of kids and their parents  were enjoying the sun. Shelby saw him pull up and after checking with the other adults, she went in to talk to Gus.  “Gussy, is everything alright? You left without saying anything.”


“Taylor told you I went into town didn’t she.”


“She did.  Is something wrong?”


“No, what could...nothing is wrong but I’m sorry, Shelby, I just needed to see Seth.  I just needed…”


“Go put on your trunks.  The pool will feel good on your sore ass.”  She walked up to him and kissed him.


“I can’t say I understand but if that’s what you need to feel fulfilled…..but can we keep it like this? Just and afternoon once in a while so the kids aren’t affected?”


Gus held his wife close and felt their baby kicking him, “I love you, Shelly.  I don’t know how I got so lucky.”



When the party cleared out Justin had taken a short nap and then he and Brian spent time on the veranda as the sun went down.  As they started hearing fireworks and then saw some coming from the direction of Dan and Marcus’ place. Brian began manipulate Justin’s cock through his pants. “Sunshine, let’s skip the fireworks. Are you up to trying out the swing Gus put in for us?  I can’t stop thinking about that hot dog and, god, my hot dog wants more than that wonderful mouth of yours.”  


Justin reached up from the wheelchair and pulled Brian toward his him and as he kissed him he reached out and grabbed Brian’s crotch.  Brian moaned through the kiss. “Hell, yes.”


“It might take us a while to get you into it the first time but I am sure we will figure out the best way and next time it will go much quicker.”


“Now, I can’t wait too long,” Justin’s face almost looked pained. 


Brian rushed him into the house.  “I need one minute to lock up.” Brian quickly locked up the doors and made a quick walk through the kitchen, tossing a couple things into the refrigerator and the sink.  He realized Justin always took care of this stuff and when he looked over at Justin, who was wheeling himself toward the bedroom. He would do this the rest of his life it Justin could stay happy and healthy.


“Brian, are you coming? I need you.” 


Brian pictured him outside the bedroom door, “On my way, Sunshine.” He looked around the  room and decided it was good enough. He flipped off a row of light switches and quickly moved down the hall to the bedroom they hadn’t shared for far too long. Brian had been sleeping in the hospital bed with Justin while the large bed they loved so much had been empty. Brian followed Justin into the room.  He had already taken off his shirt and reached for Brian.  


Brian scooped Justin up and kissed him as he moved him to the bed.  “He moved his mouth from Justin’s and then worked his way down and when his mouth got to Justin’s navel, Brian began to untie  Justin’s fly.


“Brian, please, I need you so bad.  Can you just try to get me into the swing?”  


“Ok, Sunshine.” Brian gently removed the rest of his clothes.  He kissed the tip of Jusitn’s cock making him purr deep inside him. Let’s see how this will work.  “Can you stand on one leg if you lean against me?”


“Sure, for a while.”


“Gus made this swing so it can go up and down so I may be able to just have you sit in it but you will probably have to support yourself a little bit while I strap your leg into it and then we can adjust …”


“Brian stop talking and get me in there!”


Brian moved his hand under Justin’s bare ass and purposely ran his fingers down the valley between his cheeks.  Justin’s cock jumped from the feel of it. Over the last couple weeks they had been able to explore a bit but it had been so long since they had fucked, Justin nearly cried at the first touch.  Brian brought him to the sling and lowered him so Justin could put his foot on the floor. He grabbed the sling and slipped it under Justin’s ass and Justin sat down. It only took a minute to move the leg portion of the sling under Justin’s injured thigh.  They had built it up so it supported the whole leg and once that was secure Brian helped him put his other leg in the standard sling support. Brian took the remote and raised the sling so Justin was well off the floor to the perfect height for him. He began to run his finger along the crevice of Justin’s ass making him squirm everytime his finger moved over Justin’s bud. Brian slowly undressed in full view of Justin.  He tried to take his time but his mind kept going to the feel of Justin’s body and he couldn’t wait.  


“Justin, you have had so much pain lately.  I will try to make this as painless as possible.”


“Don’t you dare..  Now! I want you now.  I want you fast. I want you hard, I want to feel like I am splitting apart!”


“God, Justin,” Brian grabbed the lube and used it on himself and then Justin. “I feel like an animal that just can’t wait.”


“I don’t want you to!”


Brian grabbed Jusitn’s hips and, holding the swing in place he entered him.  They both cried out at the feeling. Justin hated not having any control but Brian moved him and met the movements with his own thrusting. And both men tried to hold on.  As Brian thrust in one last time he moved his hand to Justin’s shoulders and lay his body on top of Justin as they both climaxed and neither of them wanted to separate and lose that connection. 


As he worked to regain his breath, Brian said, “I’m not hurting your leg, am I.”


“Brian, I barely have any feeling in it.”

“What about your hip? Should I get up?”


“NO! Don’t leave me. I want to feel your body.  I want to…” Justin moved one shoulder down a bit and then managed to reach Brian’s ass. Just the feel of it under his fingers made him begin to grow hard again and Brian reacted the same.  This time he used the swinging motion even more to his advantage and got it into a rhythm that had both of them cumming again.


Brian noticed Justin’s face and was sure he was getting uncomfortable. He moved so he again was standing up and then slowly withdrew completely from Justin.


“My turn,” Justin smiled one of his mischievous smiles.  Brian didn’t know what he was planning but his heart skipped a beat seeing him fully enjoying himself.


“And what do you mean by that?”


“Help me out of this and put me in the chair.  Oh, you may need to put a towel in it first. You kind of just filled my as with that heavenly nectar you create.” Brian grabbed a towel and laid it in the chair before unstrapping Justin and then lifting him back into the chair.  “So now what?” Brian put a hand on each of the arm rests of the chair and again kissed Justin deeply.


“Your turn.  Lay back in the sling.” Justin held on to support put on for his leg to keep it still for him. “Slide your feet into the stirrups.” 


“Sunshine…”


“You trust me, don’t you, Brian?”


“I love you but the look on your face is making me nervous.”


Brian moved his feet into the slings and Justin started playing with the remote.  He soon figured out if he raised Brian’s feet far enough in the air he felt off balance.  Justin didn’t put him far off the ground at first but his feet were higher than his head. Justin rolled over to the nightstand and found a feather.  He began running it along the bottom of Brian’s feet. Soon Brian was wiggling but he couldn’t get out of Justin’s reach and then Justin was raising him higher and Justin rolled under Brian’s body.  He moved Brian so he was at the perfect height and he began to assault Brian with his tongue. For the next thirty minutes, Brian was completely at his mercy and, although he hung on for quite a while, Brian began to tremble.  Justin had licked, teased, and tasted him for so long, every nerve ending was screaming. Justin lowered Brian and adjusted the angle. He didn’t expect it to work but he moved under Brian, and lowered the sling until he literally lowered Brian onto his cock and then through the use of the remote he raised and lowered him over and over just an inch or two each time. He did this until both men lost control.


“Well, there was nothing smooth about that but it seemed to be effective enough.” Justin said as he repositioned Brian and helped him get his feet out of the stirrups and get them soundly on the ground.


“I, …” Brian seemed to be unable to put a sentence together.  “Can you sleep in here tonight?”


“Where else would I sleep? I am hoping we might be able to do that at least once more tonight, at least with the magical toys we have in that drawer but I think I need a little nap first.  Brian.” Justin said as he moved into Brian’s arms. “I have surgery again this week. I don’t know when….”


“Sunshine, it doesn’t matter. Before long you’ll be wearing this old man out every night.”


Justin was half asleep and Brian heard him say something.


“What was that, Sunshine?” he said very quietly.


Justin repeated himself, “Don’t forget to love me when I can’t love myself.”


Brian held him tight.  Justin knew he was not going to be easy to live with and for some reason he still was afraid he would lose him.  He should know by now he couldn’t get rid of him, no matter what he did. He felt so helpless.


 Brian realized he was softly stroking Justin’s penis and moved it up to his waist instead. “Don’t stop,” Justin mumbled in his sleep.  That was something Brian could do for him. Brian’s hand returned to one of its favorite places.



Justin’s surgery went as well as expected.  This would hopefully be the hardest surgery.  They were implanting muscle they had been ‘growing’ for him from his own cells.  It could be up to a year to know if it was successful. Justin was back home by the end of July.  Danny was with him most days with Marcus giving him breaks. Brian tried to be out of the house during the day because he was on night duty and as much as he loved that man, he needed a break from the abuse he spewed at times.  Brian understood it came from his pain and frustration but that didn’t make it easier to deal with.  


It was Labor Day weekend before Justin was ready to see more people.  Of course his family had been visiting regularly but in small batches and not all at once.  Brian had a surprise for him. He hoped Justin was ready for it. He was fairly sure he would like it.   


It was Saturday morning and Brian had just filled Justin in on the plans for Monday.  Justin seemed to only be interested in one thing this morning. He had taken Brian’s hand and brought it to his own lap.  Brian was well aware how long it had been since they had been able to have sex. He had given him a couple blowjobs but that was all he had dared to do. Brian stroked him and soon had his hand in Justin’s fly and searched for the feel of warm skin. 


“Brian,  I need more.  Please can’t we use the swing? Can’t we….”


“Sunshine, we can’t risk it.  You know the doctor said we had to be super careful and it has only been eight weeks.  We need to wait at least four more weeks before…” Brian gasped as Justin put his hand in Brian’s lap.  “Let’s think about something else for just a minute. I need to….” he groaned at what Justin’s hand was doing. He took Justin’s hand in his own, “We are getting company in a couple hours.”


“Oh, are Taylor and Gage coming to visit Papa?” Justin smiled at the thought of his beautiful grandkids.


“No, but I think they will come over this evening for a bit.”


“Is Brinn coming over?  She hasn’t been here all week.”


Brian hesitated.  He and Brinn had words the last time she had come over and she hadn’t returned.  She wouldn’t even answer his messages. He had just suggested she might be drinking a little heavier than she should.  Zach wasn’t any worse than he had been for months but he wasn’t any better either. It was all getting too much for her.  Zach had said she managed to come home for dinner on the nights George cooked for them but the other nights he ate leftovers alone and Brinn would fall into bed after midnight and was gone again by 6:00.  Zach had confided in Brian he was afraid she was self medicating with things she ‘cooked up’ at work.


“Oh, she will be here Monday,” he hoped he wasn’t lying. “No, this is something much bigger.  Tammy and Dana are flying in for a visit. Tammy will fly back on Tuesday but Tammy is planning to look around.  She is seriously thinking about staying. I told her she could stay with us or in one of the cottages and if she wanted to work a bit while she looked for a permanent  job and place to live. Danny won’t be able to spend as much time soon. He and Elliott will be moving back to their own place soon and we will need to replace him.”


“Brian, I don’t want someone here all the time.  I just want some time alone. Do you think we could make one of the bedrooms into a studio? If I am in the house I can be alone most of the day.  If the therapist comes for a couple hours in the morning and then maybe have someone come in to help with lunch, I could be home alone until you get home from work.  You have been coming home early lately and I know I am not running any races but I am able to take a few steps and, as much as I hate it, I would use the walker in the house.”  Justin took a breath. “You said Dana and Tammy were coming? I am so scattered lately. I am glad they’re here. I know Tammy’s a doctor and not a housekeeper but maybe she would be willing to help us  out.”


“I am sure she will be glad to help us.”  Brian glanced on his watch, “I think we have just enough time to, “  Brian pushed Justin to their bedroom and offered one hand to Justin while slipping his other hand under his arm helping him on to his feet. He pulled him close and kissed him.  It felt so good to have him in his arms like this again. He then helped Justin sit on the bed and he quickly undressed, helping Justin get rid of his pants. “We may not be able to have sex like we would like to but that doesn’t mean we can’t play a little.”


When they were both naked, Brian reached for the lube and a couple toys, Justin’s favorite and his own.  Justin thrust his toy deep inside him and then sat up, “Let me help you, Brian.” He smiled over at Brian and carefully moved so he could reach Brian’s ass.  He slowly began to insert the little bullet so it would rest against Brian’s prostate and then as Justin laid back down, Brian turned and started kissing him. Both of them felt the vibration deep inside them and although it wasn’t their prefered way to have sex, they were still together and it felt amazing.  Soon they were both grasping each others cocks and as the hum continued in their bodies, Brian’s upper body collapsed on Justin as they both came. They continued to kiss for a few more minutes after turning the vibrators off. 


“Are you up to a shower or would you prefer a bath?”  Brian asked. “Or, I would love to give you a sponge bath.” Brian raised his eyebrows quickly a couple times.


Justin laughed, “As fun as I am sure that would be, I think a shower with you sounds wonderful.” Brian started walking away but Justin stopped him.  “Brian, I love you.”


“Oh, Sunshine, I love you, too.  Let me get your shower chair in the right place so you can sit down for a while.  I think you need a thorough cleaning, maybe inside and out?”


“Do we have time to play?”


“There is always time to play.” 



An hour later they were relaxed and dressed as an Uber pulled up with Tammy and Dana in the back seat. Brian paid the uber and gave him an extra $50 to deposit their bags at one of the cottages.  Brian led the women around to the veranda where Justin was waiting for them. After hugs and greetings the four friends sat out in the fresh air for hours catching up. After an early dinner George dropped off, Brian offered to take the women on a tour.


“I think I will stay here and keep Justin company.  I am getting tired. The flight and time change is catching up to me.  A nice glass of wine and good company is all I need.”


“That sounds wonderful,” Justin smiled at Tammy.  “Would you mind helping me into the house?”


“I can do that,” Brian stepped toward him.


Tammy stopped him, “I think I can help my friend into the house.  You two go while you still have some light.” She shooed them off with a wave of her hand and turned to offer Justin assistance. Brian and Tammy pulled away on a golf cart.  Once Tammy and Justin were sitting comfortably in the living room, Tammy sat down next to him, “I know you are slowly healing physically, Justin, but have you come to terms mentally? It had to be rough.”


“I am not sure I have dealt with that yet. I mean of course I have with some of it but, Tammy, I would have killed myself if Brian would have cooperated.  I just didn’t think I could deal with the pain anymore. You can’t imagine...I begged for the pain to end. I just wanted it to end. Finally the infection got so bad I was unconscious most of the time but now when I am alone I remember things that happened while I was out of it and the pain comes back.” His body trembled as Tammy held him. 


“You’ve told Brian about this, haven’t you?”


“I have put him through so much.  I mean we can’t have normal sex, haven’t had it for months. Brian doesn’t need to know how hard it has been….”  Justin’s phone sounded and he looked at the text. “Sorry, Tammy, it’s our daughter. Brian won’t tell me what is going on but they have had words.” Justin looked at the message.   It said, ‘Yes, Daddy, I will be there. I miss you’. Justin sighed, “She is coming tomorrow.”


“Is there something going on with her?”


“I wish I knew.  I know she is working herself far too hard.  She is so young. She’s my baby and I hate seeing her struggling, especially when I can’t help her.”


“I am sure you being home has helped her. And I know she is your baby but from what you and Brian said, she is a very capable, brilliant young woman.”  


Justin dropped his head on her shoulder.  I can’t wait for you to meet her and Gus and the grandkids….” the conversation continued upbeat as the friends caught up.


Brian took Tammy around the vineyard as far as Brinn’s and then around to Gus’s house. “Grandpa!” Brian stopped the cart as Gage came running up.  He stopped when he saw a woman he didn’t recognize. Brian pulled him in for a hug and introduced him to Tammy. “Grandpa, is she your girlfriend? Did you decided you needed someone other than Papa?”


“Oh, no, Gage.  Tammy is just a friend and I can promise you there will never be anyone other than Papa for me.”


“Ok.  I just thought Daddy has Seth, well had Seth, well maybe does again. He’s happier sometimes now and I think it is because he sees Seth.  Don’t tell Mom, Ok? I don’t know if she knows.”


“Oh, Gage, you are such a worrier.  Your mom and dad are fine. Now I need to show Tammy where she is sleeping tonight and it is getting dark.  I think you are coming for lunch tomorrow. We will see you then, Ok?”


“Ok, Pops,” Gage grinned at Brian using the term his dad uses for Brian.


“Love you, Gage.” Brian said as he gently swatted Gage’s backside.


“Love you, too, Grandpa.” Gage ran back to the deck and Shelby waved as she took him inside.


“That boy has a lot of you in him.”


“I’m afraid you’re right but he also has a lot of his Papa.  He worries a little too much I think, just like Sunshine. Maybe that is why he is so special to me.”


“I am guessing all your grandchildren are special to you.  When is the next one due?”


“Less than a month.  I can’t wait to hold him or her.  We love that baby so much already.”


“Will I meet Brinn and Gus tomorrow at dinner?”


“Well I know Gus and his family will be there.  I haven’t heard from Brinn and Zach. Hopefully, she has let Sunshine know.”  Brian headed the cart back to the house. After the four had a final glass of wine Tammy and Dana headed down to one of the cottages while Brian helped Justin into bed. 


“Did you hear from Brinn tonight?  Are they coming tomorrow?”


“Yes, they are,” Justin stroked Brian’s chest.  “Are you going to tell me what you are fighting about? You two have had disagreements before but nothing like this.”


“She is drinking too much and I am not so sure she hasn’t been taking if not making drugs. You noticed it before the last surgery.  It has only gotten worse. Zach is scared for her but she is in one of her stubborn moods. She isn’t listening. She so badly wants to find that cure and feels like a failure for the first time in her life.”


“I’ll talk to her tomorrow.” Justin said as he rained kisses down on Brian’s chest as he moved downward.


“No, Justin, don’t.  I think it would break her heart if she knew you knew.  Let me be the bad guy with this. She can’t deal with more stress.”


“Ok, for now.” Justin’s mouth slid down on Brian and Brian forgot how to speak as Justin closed around him.



Tammy and Dana spent the day with Brian and Justin.  They looked through pictures of their trip and laughed at the memories.  Mid afternoon as they sat on the veranda George walked around the corner carrying grocery bags.  “Hey, I’m ready to start dinner. There will be 8 counting the kids, right?”


Brian introduced George to the women, and then added, “George, you are more than welcome to join us. I know the way you cook there will be plenty.”


“Well, thanks, by the way I am making chicken in wine sauce but I also have chicken tenders.  I thought Gage and Taylor might like those better.”

Justin reached up and squeezed George’s hand, “You are very thoughtful.  I hope you will join us. Brinn would appreciate it if she felt she had another ally here.  You see her more than we do these days. Is she alright?”


George looked uncomfortable. “I...I don’t think I should be talking about her.”


“I understand your loyalty but, please let us know if you get really worried about her.”


George bent down and kissed Justin on the cheek, “I promise I will always look out for your little girl,” he said softly and then walked into the house.


Soon the whole family was there. Taylor and Gage were a bit quiet for awhile but soon enough Tammy had them playing a game. Tammy was talking to Shelby about her pregnancy and soon, when the baby started kicking and everyone had a chance to feel the movement.  


Brinn sat between Zach and Justin.  She was quiet but didn’t seem tipsy today.  Soon Brinn, Zach, and Tammy were talking medical research as Zach wore his therapy vest, helping to loosen his tight chest. Tammy wasn’t sure who looked more tired Brinn or Zach. She was stunned at how beautiful the fragile young woman was and it was obvious how much she loved this man but she was heartbroken at the same time knowing Zach’s outcome was not good.


By the end of dinner, everyone seemed relaxed except Brian and Brinn and as George, started getting dessert ready with the help of Gage and Taylor, Brinn stood and walked around to Brian, “Daddy, may I talk to you?” Brian stood and followed her out to the veranda.


They stood there silently looking at each other, “Dad, I really don’t think I overreacted the last time we talked.  I am a grown woman and if I want to have a glass of wine to relax, well, you never cared before but, Daddy, I can’t handle …. Please….” 


Brian pulled Brinn into his arms and she hugged him so tightly he could barely breathe but he lifted her off the ground and held her close. “Brinny, I only want you healthy and happy. I love you so much.”


“I love you, too, Daddy.”


“We better get inside or your niece and nephew will eat our share of the dessert.” He opened the door and the two walked in fully comfortable for the first time that night.


Labor Day the whole extended family went to Marcus and Dan’s.  It was a celebration but also a going away party. Danny and Elliott were not moving far away but they would be an hour rather than a few minutes away.  Brinn and Zach stayed close to Danny and Elliott. Brinn knew she would miss Danny so much. The family ate and then a friendly game of volleyball began. Zach and Justin kept Tammy and Shelby company. As the game went on more and more people fell out and the serious players stayed in for a little while longer. Brinn came over and sat on Zach’s lap and began kissing his neck and after she whispered something they both stood up


“Tammy and Dana, it was great meeting you.  Tammy, whenever you are ready to work, I know I could use your expertise and experience.” She then moved on to her dads and kissed them both, “We are going home to make love for a few hours before getting a good night's sleep,”  she kissed them both and then moved on to Danny. She hugged him for a long time and then moved on to Elliott. She grabbed a fist full of his shirt and pulled him close. He looked up into his face and said, “You take care of Danny.  If you hurt him, you will have to deal with me and I think you have learned this summer, I am a force to be reckoned with.”


Elliott smiled down at Brinn and dropped a kiss on her nose, “I think you know I would never hurt Danny.  I love him with all my heart. I would give my life for him.”


Brinn gave him one more hug and whispered, “Bring him back for a visit, soon please.”


“Brinn, you know you are welcome at our house anytime. I think of you as Danny’s first love in many ways.”


“In many ways he was. Love you, both.”  


Zach put an arm around Brinn and kissed her cheek.  “Come on, Lulu, it’s time to go home.” 


Soon the crowd began to thin out.  Justin stood and his legs began to tremble.  His leg wasn’t going to move. John and Matty walked up and John softly said, “Let us help, Justin.  He and Matty picked him up and carried him to the SUV where Tammy opened the door for them. As the set him down, John helped him into the front seat. He hugged him and gave him a kiss, “We love you, Justin. Whatever we can do, we’re here.”  


Justin tightened his arms around John’s neck.  “Thank you, John. We love you, too.” 


“Bye, Uncle Justin.  I will be leaving for college tomorrow. If my sister needs anything, let me know,”   Matty said as he gave him a quick hug.


“Matty, should I be worried about something with Brinn?” Justin held his hand.


“Uncle Justin, I love Brinn, you know that.  I just think she is pushing herself too hard.”


“We are hoping our friend, Tammy, will be able to work with her and be our eyes and ears in the lab.”


“That would be good, it really would.” Justin saw Matty relax which actually made him more tense.  


“Enjoy college, Matty.  I know Kait is there but get some other friends and don’t spend too much time with your mother.” Justin smiled and then laughed.


“I’ll say hi to Mom for you.”  Matty laughed as he got into the car with his family and they drove away.


Brian escorted Tammy and Dana to the SUV and then drove them to the cottage.  “We will see you ladies in the morning. The cart is here so just come over when you are ready.”


“Will the two of you be able to manage once you get home?” Tammy asked.


“We’ll be fine,” Justin said through his window. “I can always count on Brian for support. See you lovely ladies in the morning.” He reached over and squeezed Brian’s hand.  “I can count on you, Brian. I always could.” The love Justin felt was obvious in his voice.


As the women walked to the cottage, Brian leaned over and kissed his Sunshine.  “God, Justin. I am helpless without you.”


As Brian pulled out to drive the remainder of the way home, “I’m the one who is helpless,” Justin said softly.


“Well, maybe we are both helpless alone but together we can do anything.”


Brian grabbed Justin’s walker inside the door and between the walker and Brian’s support, they walked to the bedroom.  After they undressed and got into bed, Justin reached over and took Brian’s hand, “Matty is worried about Brinn. Do you think Tammy will work in the lab with her?  Matty thinks it would be a good thing to have someone there keeping an eye on her. He wouldn’t give me specifics but he obviously thinks Brinn needs someone watching over her.”


“We can talk to Tammy in the morning.  I think she is ready to stay if we ask and Tammy will send her things.”


“That will make me feel a lot better.  She could work with me in the morning and go to the lab in the afternoons.  She can make sure Brinn goes home on time and…”


Brian stopped him, “We can’t hang that all on her.”


“You’re right but any help we can get…”


“Right now, Sunshine, I think we could use a little distressing and some sleep.” Brian stroked Justin until every nerve in his body was pulsing and then Brian slowly brought his mouth onto Justin’s erection and then slowly inserted his finger and slowly stroked Justin’s prostate.  As Justin climaxed, Brian gently ran over Justin’s scarred leg and knew how lucky he was to have this man with him still.