- Text Size +

Chapter 16


Justin woke up in pain but this time part of it was from yesterday’s activities which all made him smile.  He looked over to see Brian running his fingers through Taylor’s hair and looking at him. Justin looked over and saw Gage was asleep on the loveseat with a little blanket over him.  In the middle of the night he had gotten up to use the bathroom and then he decided he wanted to sleep there.  


Brian got out of bed carefully not wanting to wake the kids and walked over to Justin’s side of the bed.  He offered his hand knowing it was hard for Justin to get going first thing in the morning. As he helped Justin to his feet, he pulled him close and kissed him. No long extended love making this morning but neither of them were willing to give up their time together.  Brian handed Justin his cane and the two of them walked to the bathroom. Once Justin had entered the room, he turned and locked the door. Brian started the shower and once they had stripped they entered the shower. Rather than sitting on the shower chair Justin leaned over it placing his hands on the handles.  He felt Brian’s arms sliding over his wet back and then around to his chest before his hands moved lower. As Brian grasped Justin’s cock, he entered him.  


“I love you, Grandpa.” Justin said arching his back as he felt Brian cum deep inside of him.  He stopped moving but continued to stroke Justin until he found release. “Don’t move, please.” Justin stood and wrapped an arm around Brian’s neck as Brian’s arms wrapped tightly around Justin’s chest.  


“I love you, too, Grandpa.  You helped bring another grandchild into the world.”


“I didn’t do anything. That was all our amazing daughter in law.  They do make gorgeous children together and I have a feeling that will be their last.” Justin’s voice quivered as a pain shot through his leg.  Brian withdrew and helped him sit down. He kissed him not wanting to stop but realized they had two kids to take care of. Brian took the hand held shower head off the wall and helped Justin clean up and then he quickly washed himself.  Justin stepped out and was just starting to dry off when there was a knock on the door.


“Papa?”  Taylor’s voice came through the door. “ Are you both in there?”


 “We are, Sunny.  We will be out in just a minute.  I am drying off now.”


“Ok, I’ll make Gage toast.  He’s hungry.”


Brian walked up behind Justin again, “Sunshine, life hasn’t been easy, but boy it’s been worth it.”  They kissed once more before Justin finished dressing and, with his cane, headed toward the kitchen. By the time Brian got to the kitchen, Justin was flipping pancakes and Taylor was stirring scrambled eggs.  “So, Gage, you in charge of coffee?” He scooped the boy off the stool he was sitting on and started tickling him. Gage’s contagious giggle had everyone smiling.


“Papa, can you call daddy and see when we can go home and hold Tallia?”  Taylor glanced at Brian but was very focused on her eggs while Justin poured more pancakes on the griddle.


“I will text your daddy.  If they are all sleeping we will wait a while.”


“They will be ok, won’t they?” Gage got very serious.  “I mean Mommy was really sick when Gabriel became an angel.”


Brian sat down and held Gage close.  “Your mom and Tallia are both very healthy and they had Dr. Tammy stay with them for the night.” Brian kissed the little boy just as Justin set a plate of pancakes and eggs.


“That looks good, Papa.  I was hungry for pancakes, not toast.” He looked at Taylor who gave him the look only a big sister can give her brother.  “Taytay, I didn’t mean your toast was bad. I just like Papa’s pancakes.”


“What you like is syrup!” Brian laughed as he stopped the boy from letting the syrup run off the sides of the plate.


The four sat around the table when there was a knock on the door. Brian got up and let Tammy in.  “Hey, Tammy, just in time for breakfast.” Justin smiled up at their friend.


“Dr. Tammy, how is my mom and baby sister?” Gage asked very politely. 


Tammy had to smile at the young boy, “They are going great.  When I left Tallia was having her first breakfast.” She sat and watched Justin limp over to her, carrying a plate of food for her.  “Justin, how sore are you today?”


“If I lie and say I’m fine will you leave me alone today?” He kissed her cheek as he set the food down.


“Justin, I was concerned last night after I realized how long you sat in that position.  No wonder you couldn’t walk when Gus arrived. After breakfast I want to stretch it out but then I will leave you alone for the day.”


“Great!” Justin said sarcastically.


The kids ate quickly now.  “Can we go see mama now?” Taylor asked as she took the last bite of pancake.


The three of us are going to clean up the kitchen while Tammy takes care of Papa and then we will all go over. Taylor and Gage both opened their mouths to protest but the look on Brian’s face told them now wasn’t the time. They started carrying plates to the sink as Justin limped off with Tammy. They went to the room with the hospital bed and Tammy made him lie down.  She began to work his knotted muscles. She saw him flinch, “I’m sorry. I know that has to hurt but I can see and feel how tight you are.”


“That’s something Brian used to say to me….Oooohh. Damn! That hurts. While you torture me tell me what’s going on with Brinn.”


“Justin, she is really stressed. If Zach could get over this spell of being sick so much would help her a lot.  Soon you won’t need me much except for some torture like this a couple times a week and I am really enjoying the work at the lab.  Your daughter is brilliant and maybe too committed. I promise, if you need to know something, I’ll tell you.” Tammy couldn’t look at his face.  She could tell the pain she was inflicting but she also knew he would feel better once she was done. As she stretched his leg she heard him whimper.  “Damn, I’m sorry. I’m done. Now go see your granddaughter and then sit in a hot bath, alone or with a friend.” She smiled at Justin. “Seriously, take it easy today.  If you are up to it, let Brian stretch you out a little.”


Justin smiled at that, “Oh, you mean my leg.”  After she helped him sit up, Justin put an arm around her.  “Tammy, have you had any time to explore the area, find someone to date, a sex partner?” he winked at her.


“Justin, you know I ….”  


“I know you are a lovely woman who deserves to find someone to love.”


“I don’t even know where I would start. I,” she almost mentioned the kiss with Brinn but decided that wouldn’t help anybody.  She knew she was just lonely. Yes, Brinn was a beautiful, no gorgeous young woman but not only was she the daughter of her friends but she was also engaged and under great stress. “Do you have any suggestions?”


“Tammy, I would love to do a little matchmaker if you let me? I won’t do anything drastic but I know some women that would love to meet you. Even if you don’t find a lover, you’ll make some good friends.”


Tammy hesitated, “I would love that.”  They hugged as little fists started knocking on the door.


“Papa, are you done yet?” Taylor called and Gage’s voice was right there with her.


“He is on his way right now,” Tammy looked at Justin.  “Justin Taylor, you are an amazing man.”  


She helped him stand up and together they walked to the door.  “I know I get a bit testy sometimes, but I know how much you have helped me.” Justin kissed her just as the door opened.  Both Taylor and Gage gasped seeing their grandpa kissing a woman.


“Papa!” Taylor grabbed Justin’s hand.  “You need to come with us now.” She threw a look at Tammy that said, ‘Don’t mess with him.’


Tammy had to smile at the little spitfire.  She saw both Taylor’s granddads in her. That was one lucky little girl. She would never worry about who she was because no matter who she was, she would know she was loved.


They all left at the same time with Taylor staying right next to Justin to make sure Tammy didn’t get too close to him.  Brian gave Justin a questioning look . He mouthed the word, later. 



Gus held Tally while Shelby took a shower.  Gus had made them some breakfast while Shelby had fed Tally and then while Tally slept Gus  held Shelby close as they lay side by side. He stroked her stomach. The skin so soft. “How do you do that? How do you create a beautiful child within you and then,” she shivered as he ran his finger up from her belly button up between her breasts. Gus couldn’t resist having a small taste from her breast.  “I swear you taste better every time you have a child.” He kissed her gently. “I love you, Shelly. God, I love you!” He almost got carried away until Shelby pushed him off.


“Down Boy.  I’m going to take a shower before the kids get home.” Tally made a  little noise. “You get to know your daughter.”


Gus heard them before he saw them but Taylor and Gage were trying to be very quiet in case Tallia was sleeping.  They walked in quietly followed by Brian and Justin who hung back by the door. Brian wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulders pulling him back against him.  He kissed his temple. He felt Justin relax as they watched their son with his children. Shelby walked out of the bathroom dressed comfortably and hugged both her ‘big’ kids as they all sat on the sofa together.  Brian and Justin stepped out of the room as Gus handed Tallia to Gage.


Justin pushed Brian against the wall and kissed him.  “Did I tell you that Tammy has ordered us to take a long hot bath when we get home?”


“Seriously?”


“Oh yes, after what she put me through I need to relax the muscle plus she said you needed to stretch me out.” 


“I love that woman!” he moved a hand down Justin’s pants and was ready to start the stretching part when they realized they were being watched.


“You two are unbelievable,” Gus smiled at his dads.  “I just wanted to thank you both again for being here yesterday.  I should have been here. I was so….” Gus fell into his dad’s arms as he cried. The three of them hugged for a few moments.  “I had no idea the weather was going to get so bad. I should have checked the weather. If you hadn’t been here, and Tammy….”


“Gus, Shelby doesn’t hold it against you.  You did not go to Seth’s to get away.” Justin held Gus tightly.  “And happy birthday. Sorry you didn’t get a party.”


“Dad, I got the best gift I could have.”


“Did you have a nice time with Seth?”


“It was …. It was amazing.  You two seem….what should I say, back to normal? Are you able to…”


Justin face softened, “Yes, my love. I might actually be able to walk someday again without help.”


“I never doubted it, Dad. Now, I promised I would take the kids for a little ride and see the mud slide and maybe check on my truck if we can get there.  Brinn is coming over in a few minutes and she is going to stay here until I get back but I figure this way the two of you can have a little time with ...oh she is so perfect.”


“Take the kids for a ride and then make Aunt Brinn watch those two and you get a nap. You must be very tired.” Brian pulled Gus close.  “Love you, Sunnyboy. I wish I was half the dad you are to your kids.”


“Well, Pops, good thing I had two of you to make the perfect father.” 


“Daddy, are you ready to go?  I want to go see the mud slide.  Can I slide down it?” Gage aske.


“Dummy...sorry...you aren’t dumb.  It’s not that kind of slide.” 


“You two thank your papas for taking care of you and then we can go.” 


After hugs and kisses Gus left with two of his children and Brian helped Justin walk into the bedroom. “Since I know Tally is in good hands, I am going to go get a snack and pull some food out of the freezer for later.”


“Don’t worry about food.  George is coming over sometime this afternoon and will fill your fridge with plenty of food for the week.” Justin let her know as she headed down the stairs.


“Thanks, Justin.  What would I do without you?”


Brian held his newest grandchild close but after Justin got comfortable he passed her to him.  “You deserve time with her. For someone who loves men, you have an amazing way of bringing perfect women into the world.” 


Justin’s head dropped onto Brian’s shoulder, “Do you suppose this will be our last grandchild?”


“Oh, I think someday Zach will want children.  Right now, I think we both know they aren’t ready for a child in their lives.” 


“You’re right, Brian, and they have plenty of time to be parents.” Brian pulled Justin close and ran a finger down Tally’s chubby cheek and then he did the same to Justin’s  He lifted Justin’s face and dropped a kiss on his lips. He deepened the kiss and Justin’s lips parted wanting more.


“Seriously, are you going to do it while holding the innocent little girl?  And let me see my new niece.” Brinn walked into the room as saucy as ever. “Give me that child.”  Brinn slipped her hands under the baby. She accidentally brushed her daddy’s fly. “God, the two of you are like teenagers.” She dropped a kiss on the cheek of both her dads.  “Why don’t you two go home.” She touched Justin’s arm. “You do look really tired, Daddy. Don’t make me worry about you, ok? I don’t think I could…”


“I’m fine Brinny, but yes, I am tired and Tammy did say I should take it easy today.”


“Ok, Dad, you better stay here then or Daddy will never get rest.”  Brinn’s eyes twinkled, looking over the top of Tallia’s head.


“Well, Miss Thing, the doctor said I need to help him loosen up his muscles,and who am I to not follow doctor’s orders.”  Brian helped Justin up. As Justin started his slow descent down the stairs, Brian kissed his daughter. “He’s fine, sweetie. You don’t have to worry, really.  Tammy says he is doing very well.”


“Thanks, Dad, and I’m glad you two still love each other so much.”


When Brian got to the bottom of the steps he waited a minute. Justin and Shelby held each other.  He couldn’t hear exactly what they were saying to each other but he heard the word Gabriel and sad and happy.  Those two would always have a special bond, he was sure. Then he heard Mom and Mel and Lindz before they realized he was there.


“Sorry, Pops,” Shelby smiled at Brian.  “You may have Justin back now,” she had never felt comfortable calling Justin Dad.  He was 10 years older than her and he looked her age.


“You may borrow him anytime you have a baby, Shelby.”   Brian walked over and kissed her cheek.


“Well, then I’m done borrowing him.  I am getting too old for this stuff,” she smiled up at him.  


“Well, I guess you can borrow him, both of us, whenever you need us but I am going to take him home now.  Brinn is going to hang with you. Get some sleep while the house is quiet.” Brian felt Justin lean against him a little more.  “I am going to make sure this beautiful caregiver rest, and then maybe I’ll tire him out again” he winked as they left.


As they got out the door, Justin held onto Brian and used the cane for support.  “Sorry, I just am so tired all the sudden.”


“Well, I am going to get you in bed and hold you until you fall asleep.” Brian tried not to sound worried but he was.  He hoped it was just the stress from yesterday. “When you wake up we will see about that hot bath.”  


Justin sat quietly in the vehicle as Brian drove him home and then they walked into the house. Justin turned into Brian’s arms. As their lips met, Justin pressed against Brian and parted his lips as he slipped his tongue deep into Brian’s mouth.  Soon there was more urgency to the kiss. Brian pulled away for a moment. “Sunshine, you need to sleep. We can do this….”


“I want you inside me while I go to sleep.”  Brian picked Justin up and carried him to the bedroom.  “I can walk. I’m too heavy for you to carry.”


“Sunshine, you weigh next to nothing.” Brian nearly ran to the bedroom, wanting nothing more than to feel Justin closed around him. When Brian was buried deep inside and Justin’s back was pressed tightly against his chest, Brian whispered, “Is everything alright? You’ve gotten very quiet.”


“We could have missed all of this. If I hadn’t planned that trip…”


“Oh, Justin, if there was any fault, it was Mother nature’s.  We were stuck on the boat longer than expected. You planned an amazing birthday surprise. Brian’s hand moved down Justin’s body and began to squeeze his dick and then his balls.  He knew it had to be painful but that is just what Justin might need to get out of his funk.. “Do you feel that, Sunshine. You are alive. You are amazing. You have helped bring two of your grandchildren into this world and you are so important to all of us.” As he twisted and he felt Justin tighten around his cock.  You haven’t done anything wrong and, god, you are so amazing. Now, rest, Justin,”


“Don’t go…”


“I’m not going anywhere.” Brian drove into him  a couple more times and then stopped, not letting him move a millimeter. “You are so loved, Sunshine.”  Justin relaxed quickly in the cocoon Brian had made around him and they both slept.


After a long nap and another round of lovemaking, Brian and Justin sat in the big slipper tub. After they sat there letting the heat soak in, Brian began to gently stretch Justin’s leg.  He took his time and moved the leg a little further each time. Soon between stretches, Brian was stroking Justin’s perineum.  


“Nothing against Tammy, but your methods are far more enticing.”  Justin’s head dropped back and Brian let Justin’s leg drop into the water and moved up Justin’s wet skin to kiss him..  


“So what do you have planned for the rest of the day?” Brian questioned.


“Well, the day is basically over.  Would you feel bad if I wanted to paint for awhile.  I just feel like…”


“You may paint as long as you want.  You haven’t done much this year. I can’t wait to see what you create.”



Zach had spent the day in bed.  He had tried to get up several times but every time he ended up back in bed.  His breathing was labored and finally he called Tammy over to have her listen to his chest and decide if he should go to the hospital.  Tammy listened to his lungs and looked through the meds he had at the house. She called his doctor and together they decided what to try.  She gave him an injection and then put his breathing machine on. His color wasn’t good and she wasn’t going anywhere until she was certain he was alright for the time being. 


She was downstairs when Brinn arrived home. “Tammy, what are you doing here? Is Zach…”


“Zach is sleeping right now. He has had a rough day again.  Brinn,” Tammy watched her walk over to a cabinet and pulled out a bottle of a clear liquid.  She couldn’t be sure if it was vodka, rum, or tequila but Brinn poured three fingers and swallowed it down.  With the bottle in one hand and a glass in the other, she then collapsed on the floor sitting cross legged and dropped her head in her hands.  Tammy walked next to her and sat down. Tammy held the young woman as her body trembled. Brinn poured another glass and handed the bottle to Tammy. 


“I don’t know if I can keep doing this? I love him so much but I can’t help him!  I am useless. I keep dreaming of this perfect life with a house full of kids and...I am going to be a young widow with no children.  I sometimes hate him but then I realize it isn’t him. It’s that fucking disease and it is going to take my life from me before I have a chance to live!  I want to live. Tammy, I want to….” Brinn brought her arms around Tammy and attempted to kiss her but this time Tammy avoided her lips.


“Brinn, you are far too tempting for an old lady like me.  You know this is all because you love him so much. It is just going to take one breakthrough.  I will be at your side until we figure it out. I promise, honey. You and me together….we’ll figure this out.”


“But Tammy, how am I going to watch him….” neither woman saw Zach standing in the hallway.  “Watch him deteriorate knowing I can’t save the man I love. I don’t know if my heart….”


“Shhh, Brinn, I know your fathers.  You can do anything. There is so much love in this family you will never be without support.”


Zach ducked back into their room before either woman saw him.  He knew what he had to do. After taking a breath he coughed, making them aware he was coming.  Brinn quickly wiped her eyes and stood up. “Hey, Chase, feeling better? I hear you had a bad day.” She put her arms around him and kissed him. “I missed you but I have to say, I have the most beautiful new niece.  I can’t wait for you to meet her. She is feisty. I can tell that. And my dads are both so in love already.”


“I’ll see her tomorrow, if I don’t end up in the hospital.”


“Excuse me you two, but I am going to go do a quick check on Tallia and her momma. I should be back in less than an hour. If you need me…”  Tammy said as she walked out the door.


Tammy called Justin as she drove over to Gus and Shelby’s.  It took him a few rings as he was flinging paint onto a canvas, “Hey, Tammy, what can I do for you?”


“Justin, I need to meet someone.  It doesn’t have to be a relationship.  I just need….god, Justin, I’m horny! I need someone.”


“Ah, Tammy, I promise I will think hard and talk to you tomorrow.”



The next morning Zach told Brinn he thought he should go to the ER.  He really wasn’t feeling well. Brinn drove him in and just as Zach predicted, they put him in the hospital so he could get special breathing treatment.  Brinn texted her dads so they knew what was going on. By noon, he sent her to the lab. “Lulu, you might as well go do some work. I know you hate sitting around here.”  Brinn kissed him and promised to stop on her way home.


Tammy went to the main house to see if Justin was up to some therapy.  As she worked his leg and he swore at her, she told him about Zach not being well last night, “Fuck, Tammy, take it easy!” Justin grit his teeth.  “He is in the hospital. Brinn texted me a little bit ago.” 


Tammy stopped and looked at him, “I’m worried about both of them. Zach can’t seem to get any strength and Brinn…” Tammy stopped and looked at Justin, “She is getting close to breaking point I think.  She loves him so much but it is really wearing on her. I am sure you know that.”


“Yes, I’ve noticed. It kills me. I don’t know how to help her and I am sure that is how Brinn feels, too.”


Tammy made Justin push back as he called her every name he could think of.  


The door of the room opened.  “Well, Justin Taylor, I can tell your foul mouth hasn’t gotten any better.”  There stood Lindsay in the doorway. “It’s good to see you, Justin.” The tall blonde walked across to where Justin was on the therapy table and kissed him.  


“Hey, Lindz.  You must have gotten an earlier flight.”


“I did.  I thought Brian would be here but I didn’t see him.” Lindsay smiled at Tammy.  “Hi, I’m Lindsay Peterson, Gus’ mom, well one of them.”


Tammy extended her hand, “Tammy Carter.”


“Are you the one that delivered Tallia?”


“Well, with a lot of help from Justin.”


Lindsay wrapped her arms around Tammy, “Thank you. I plan to be here for a couple weeks.  Maybe I can take you out for dinner or a drink while I’m here, to thank you.”


Justin could feel the sparks between the women.  This wasn’t exactly the situation he expected with finding a woman but he wasn’t sure it mattered.  He had a feeling Tammy and LIndsay were going to figure it out themselves. “If you are done torturing me, maybe you can bring Lindz down to Gus’.  I am guessing you don’t have a car?” Justin looked at Lindsay.


“No, I was just dropped off.”


“Well, I am still driving Justin’s  SUV since he hasn’t been able to drive.  I’d be glad to take you to meet your granddaughter.  She is perfect.”


“So, Tammy, before you leave, do you have any instructions for me? No new ways to torture me?”


“Well, as much as I hate to say it, have sex with that stunning husband of yours.  I really think you stretch and strengthen your leg that way.”


“Too bad he will probably be at the office most of the day.  I may just have to have some assisted stimulation while I paint today and then when he gets home….god, I need to stop thinking about him.”


“Sounds like your appetite didn’t change after almost dying…..I’m sorry, Justin.  It was a bad flight. Of course I am so thankful you and Bri are alright and I would love to see what you are working on.”


Justin’s face softened looking at his old friend, “I’m glad you could come out, Lindz.  Taylor and Gage will be thrilled to see their grandma and Tallia is adorable.” Justin stretched up and kissed Lindsay’s cheek. “Tammy, before Grandma’s arms start to twitch get her to that baby.”


As the women left, Justin went back to his room and found a small bullet and inserted it and put it on a low setting. As he walked back to the studio he thought about the two women that just left. Was it terrible of him to think they might be good together.  He felt a little bad for Mel but he was fairly sure they hadn’t been monogamous for some time. He could see them together...well, no, he didn’t want to see them together but if they were together, Brian would not forget who he was married to.



Lindsay gladly held her new granddaughter while Tammy spent a couple minutes with Shelby.  The other kids were in school and would be so excited to see their grandma. Lindsay didn’t know if it was her age or the boredom she felt in her life, but she hoped to stay for an extended visit. And she had to admit, Dr. Tammy Carter had gotten her attention.  She was fairly sure she hadn’t mistaken the cues, Tammy was a lesbian and she planned to find out. Yes, she and Mel were still married but it had been years since they had a spark. Mel was traveling for work frequently and she had told Lindsay there had been others.  Now it was her turn she hoped.


Tammy  examined Shelby and could tell she was doing fine.  Knowing Shelby had made an appointment for Tallia, she went to give the little one a quick checkup and then she would turn the baby’s care over to her obstetrician.    


She found Tallia with her beautiful grandmother.  “If you don’t mind you can hold her while I just listen to her little lungs and heart.”


“There is no problem with her, is there?”


“Oh, no.  I was so honored to get to bring her into the world.” As Tammy listened to Tallia’s vitals she realized her hand was resting against Lindsay’s breast.  She wondered if it was just her or if Lindsay felt the electrical charge running between them. Maybe it was just her wishful thinking.


“Well, all sounds great.  They don’t need me stopping by daily,” Tammy smiled at Lindsay. “How long are you staying in California?”


“I haven’t decided. I actually hope to stay for several weeks.  My gallery is between big exhibits and my manager does most of the work, if I am honest.  I would love to spend time with my grandkids.”


“None of my business but is your wife coming later?” Tammy purposefully moved her hand across both of Lindsay’s breasts as she picked up Tallia.  “I have to give her one more snuggle. Shelby is such an amazing mom and don’t they just smell so good at this age?”


Lindsay inhaled deeply and Tammy and Lindsay’s eyes locked for a moment,  “Um, obviously I want to spend tonight with my grandchildren and my son but this weekend, when Shelby’s parents come down overnight, I would love to have an excuse to get away.  Think we could have dinner Saturday. Have you been to Wine and Design yet?”


“I have stopped by there a couple times with Brian but more to check in with the management I think.” 


Lindsay looked at her, “So you have met Seth?”


“Yes, you haven’t?  I mean from what I understand he and Gus have been together several years.”


“They have but I don’t get out here very often and last time we were here Seth was out of town. I actually would love to live here.  Maybe I will start spending time here. I hope Justin will let me see his latest work. He is so talented.”


“This morning I thought I felt a little tension between you two.”


Lindsay smiled as she thought about Brian.  “Brian and I were in college together and I am one of the very few women he has actually slept with.  Justin knows Brian is his but he doesn’t like to share much.”


Without thinking about it Lindsay reached across Tallia and brushed Tammy’s hair out of her face, putting it behind her ear.  Now, Tammy knew she felt Lindsay’s finger’s tremble. She couldn’t wait to spend time with her and yet she was scared. She had kissed a couple women but she had never…. Well, she hoped for a lesson or two.



The next couple days Tammy spent at the lab with Brinn.  Brinn was taking long lunches and leaving the lab early so she could spend time at the hospital with Zach.  Brinn invited Tammy to have dinner with her on Thursday since George was cooking. When Tammy got to the house Brinn was ecstatic, “Zach gets to come home tomorrow.  I am so excited. Even if he isn’t up to making love, just to lay next to him…” Tammy saw the love in her eyes. “Too bad I have a lunch meeting tomorrow. He told me not to worry since he was coming home anyway.” Brinn hugged Tammy, “Thanks for being here for me. I know I have been out of control.  I really do.” She held up a can of soda and offered her one.


“Brinn, it is understandable.  I think you forget how young you are because you have been grown up for so long.”  She took the drink and breathed in deep. “I don’t know what he’s making but it smells so good.”


“Thanks,” George said as he walked past.  “I hope you like it. It is actually just the homemade rolls probably, that smell so good.  I made a large salad with grilled chicken to go on top and I have plenty of chicken here for you to use this weekend with Zach home plus I made a pot of spicy chicken tortilla soup that can be used plus there is some in the freezer.”


“George, you are just too good to us.”


“Brinn, if it wasn’t for you I would still be working in that rinky dink restaurant instead of running a cooking school.  I schedule my classes and in my free time I am building up my clientele and all of that is because of you,” He dropped a kiss on Brinn’s cheek.  “What have you heard from your gorgeous brother?”


“Matteo is good.  He is enjoying college and New Orleans.  As far as I can tell he is also enjoying Caitlin on a regular basis.”


“That man is very talented.  If he is as good with women as he was with me….”


“He didn’t sway you, did he?”


“Obviously I am not gay and I don’t even think I am bi but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a talented young man. Just thinking about….well, I might need to go find a willing bed mate tonight.  And with that, I am going to leave you lovelies to your dinner. Everything is ready whenever you two are.” George waved as he walked out of the house.


“George and your brother?”


“Matteo is hetero but will play either way and after a couple hard nights he and George ended up together.  From what Matty told me he just gave him a blow job and they slept in each others arms. But Matty found the comfort he needed and they have been pretty good buddies ever since.”


“Where was this kind of life when I was struggling with my sexuality?”


“My dads are pretty amazing, although from what I hear, Dad used to really dislike most heterosexuals. Daddy was always more accepting.”  


The women chatted as they ate.  While they each drank a single glass of wine, Tammy looked at Brinn, “What can you tell me about Gus’ moms?”


“Has Lindsay sparked your interest?”


“I know they have been married for a long time.”


“Ya, for 30 years, but I get the feeling it is just convenience now.  Gus is fairly sure it is an open marriage now but he doesn’t want to talk about it or think about it.”


“I can understand.  Lindsay is still a very beautiful woman for someone near 60.  I would guess mid 40’s, closer to my age.”


“Brinn, have you ever been with a woman?”


“Nothing more than kissing and touching when I was young.  I have to admit I have always wondered what it would be like to be with a woman.  I mean, I know I only want Zach but I wish I knew what a woman tasted like.” Brinn reached out and touched Tammy’s cheek, “You game?” Brinn leaned forward and kissed Tammy’s cheek as she caressed Tammy’s breast. 


“Brinn, are you sure? I don’t want you to feel guilty later.”


“I won’t feel guilty.  Zach and I have been together since I was 15.  He had always said if I wanted to explore I could, as long as it was with a woman.  He knows I may be curious about women, but he knows he is the only man for me.” Brinn leaned toward Tammy, “Can you teach me something?”


“I think we will need to teach each other.  I have never…. I would say it is time.”


Brinn slowly tugged Tammy’s shirt off and then unhooked her bra.  As her mouth came down around one of her nipples and as she tantalized the nipple, her hand began to undo Tammy’s fly, giving her access.  “Lay down, Tammy. I want to taste you.” Brinn tugged her pants down and once Tammy was freed, Brinn pressed her legs apart and the moment Brinn’s tongue and lips closed around Tammy, Tammy orgasmed long and hard.  Brinn collected the juices on her tongue and then swallowed the sweet nectar, breathing in the musky scent of her.


“Undress,” Tammy said.  “I think you might need a complete physical.” Brinn slowly did a strip tease in front of her and for the next half hour she probed and tasted every inch of Brinn until Brinn begged her to stop.  She had lost count how many times she had cum and she felt like every muscle in her body was made of jelly.


They sat side by side on the sofa with a blanket covering them.  Brinn smiled at Tammy, “Well, I don’t know if Lindsay will be open but trust me, if she is, you will remind her what it feels like to be a woman. I still will always need to have a cock but you have obviously learned a few key spots to target in med school.”


Tammy leaned over and kissed Brinn, letting Brinn taste herself on Tammy’s lips, “Well, you didn’t do too bad yourself.  I’ll let you know if I get to experience more later, not that I will kiss and tell but I won’t leave you hanging.”


Tammy dressed and smiled at Brinn, “And Honey, if you ever need support that doesn’t come from a bottle, call me.”


“I will, Tammy.  Thank you.”



Lindsay played games with Taylor and Gage until they needed to go to bed.  They had school tomorrow but Lindsay assured them she would be around for quite a while so, although their other grandparents would be here for the weekend she planned to be on grandma duty as long as they wanted her around. 


After the kids were in bed and Tallia had been fed, Lindsay took her to the rocking chair in the living room and smiled up at her son, “I know it is far too early for you to,  well, I think you could use some time….”


“Thanks, Mom,” he hugged Lindsay. “Mom, I heard you tell the kids this was an extended stay. Are you and Mama alright?”


“Oh, Gus, you know Mel and I haven’t been close….I mean I will always love her but the spark has been gone a long time.  She has traveled so much lately and she has at least one other lover, maybe two, and that’s alright. So, I was thinking I would like to get to know these children, these perfect children better.  I have gotten to spend lots of time with your sister’s children and if I am here I will get to know Peter and Becca’s twins a bit, too. I know they aren’t my grandchildren but I am thankful they have let us play a small part in their lives.  You don’t mind if I stay, do you?”


“Of course not, Mom.  I am sure you can stay in the cottages for as long as you want. I know you were going there today anyway so Bill and Sally can stay in the guest room,” he leaned over and kissed her.  “I’m glad you’re here and I am going upstairs and spend an hour or two with my wife. Just knock on the door if Tallia needs lunch and I promise not to drink it all before she gets there.”


“Let me get to know my granddaughter,” Lindz said as she waved Gus off.




Gus entered the bedroom and found Shelby laying on the bed, naked.  Her stomach was already flattening and her breasts were full and ripe. Gus tossed his clothes to a chair and then laid next to her.  He kissed her, sliding his tongue in and out of her mouth until she began to groan. His hand reached out and began to squeeze her nipples, first one and then the other. Shelby’s hand began to stroke Gus as his cock grew hard.  He then moved his mouth down to one and then the other breast. Tasting their daughter’s food supply. Gus stopped his wandering hand just before it touched her clit.


“Go ahead, Gus.  I don’t think I will be able to orgasm but it will feel wonderful.”


As they laid there together, Gus stroked her and gently sucked on her breasts.  As she felt precum on his cock, she broke away from him and brought her mouth down on him.  She tasted him and then with a slight squeeze on his balls he lost his control and she drank what he had to offer.


“Gussy, I told my parents you were going to be out doing your music thing this weekend.  I told them it was something you had planned and since they were coming I told you to go.  Spend the weekend with Seth. I … “


“No, Shelly.  I am not going.  I ….”


“Gus, it was not your fault that you couldn’t make it back.  That storm was far worse than they expected. You risked everything to make it home.  Let him love you, and when I am healed...please take a break. We will need you.”


Gus kissed her.  “My mom? She’s here and she’s never met Seth.  I …. “


“Well, I guess she should get to know the man in your life.”


“I’m sorry, Shelly.  When this started I never….”


Shelby kissed him.  “I know you didn’t, Gussy.  I know you didn’t.”  


They dozed for a while before Lindsay knocked softly,  “Don’t get up. I’ll bring her to you.” Gus pulled the blanket over both of them as Lindsay walked in and handed her daughter to her.  Without saying a word, she slipped out of the room.



Friday morning Brian went to pick Lindsay up and help her move into the cottage.  Gus helped get the kids ready for school and then said goodbye to them, after telling them he would be doing his music this weekend.  As they walked to the school van, Taylor hugged her daddy and said, “Say ‘hi’ to Seth. Love you, Daddy.”


Gus walked up to the house where Shelby stood with Tallia, “Taylor knows.  She knows I will be with Seth. Maybe I should cancel it. I should be here.”


“No, Gus, I will have plenty of help this weekend.  You go. Call me and if there is any problem, I will call you.” They kissed and Gus picked up his bag and, after getting in the truck, that had finally been pulled out of the mud, Gus drove away.


Shelby kissed Tallia’s forehead.  “I think your daddy is struggling with some decisions.  I hope this weekend will help him decide what his priorities are.”



Brinn got up and called Zach on her way into work.  “Hey, Chase, how are you this morning? Ready to go home?”


“Hey Lulu, yes, I am ready.  Lulu, I love you.”


“Oh, Zachary Chase, I love you and I plan to show you how much tonight.”


“Goodbye, Lulu.”  Zachary hung up the phone and looked up at his oldest brother, Zander.  “I’m ready to go home, Zander. Please, let’s go to the airport. I’m ready to go home.”


“Zach, are you sure about this.  I know how much you love Brinn, hell, you’ve been together since she was a baby. And she obviously loves you.  You are never going to find….”


“I don’t want to find anyone else.  I will never love anyone else but Brinn has a chance to forget about me.  She deserves to have a real life, not one stuck to an invalid that will die in a few years and feel too guilty to move on.  If I hurt her now she will have fight enough to move on. I just watched her dad survive something no person should be able to do.  She will survive and she will come out stronger “ As he was pushed to the door by an aid, he looked over at Zander. “And you haven’t told the folks, right?  Or Caitlin. I don’t want anyone to know where I am. Not for a while.”


“But Mom and Dad, Cait, they are going to be really worried.”


“I’ll call them regularly but they can’t know where I am.”


“Damn, Zach, I don’t like this. I don’t like lying to family.”


“Sorry, Zander.  I will take all the heat when it hits the fan.”


Zach remembered getting on the plane but then fell asleep.  Zander had talked to a friend who could fly and then with money Zach had sent him, he rented a plane so they could slip out of town as quietly as possible.  He even made sure that there were several private planes leaving today. He hoped it would buy them enough time to hide.



Brinn finished her lunch meeting and then went back to her office to wrap up her week.  Tammy came in to talk about the meeting and at 3:30 Brinn picked up the phone, “I’m going to call Zach and let him know I am on the way.”  Zach’s phone rang and then went to voicemail. Brinn shrugged and then called his room on the hospital line but that rang and rang with no one picking up. “Tammy, is it normal for a patient to be out of his room this close to being dismissed?”


“It is a little odd. Maybe he is getting some treatment.  Call the floor desk.” Tammy reached across the desk and took Brinn’s hand.


Brinn heard the phone ring and then a perky voice said, “Fourth floor nurse’s desk.  How can I help you?”


“Hey, is this Janey?”  Brinn recognized the voice of one of the nurses.  “This is Brinn Taylor Kinney.”


“Oh, hey Brinn.  Did Zach forget something?”


“Forget something? No, I was trying to get ahold of him to let him know I will be there in a few minutes to take him home.”


“Brinn, I think there is some confusion.  Zach left this morning. Just a sec…” There was a slight pause, “He was checked out early,  He was gone by 8:30.”


“Who picked him up? Was it one of my family?”


“I’m sorry, Brinn.  I wasn’t here and we don’t keep records of that.”


“Please, Janey, call around and see if you can find out who picked him up. Please!”  


By the time Brinn hung up, Tammy was already calling Brian’s phone.  “Hey Brian, you didn’t pick up Zach this morning to surprise Brinn, did you?”


“No, I worked all day in the office.  I was just finishing a couple things and then I’m heading home.  Are you saying he is missing?”


“Well, ya, I guess he is.  I’ll get back to you once we check out a couple more things.”


“Tammy, where could he be? I don’t understand this.  When I talked to him this morning he said he was ready to come home and then minutes later he left?  He lied to me. He knew….” Brinn’s phone rang, “Hello! Zach?”


“No, Brinn, it’s George.  I just got home and found a letter addressed to you stuck in  my door. It’s from Zach.


“George, open it.”


“Brinn, the envelope says I am supposed to bring it to you at the house. I can be there in about half an hour.”


“George….”


“Your house, half an hour.”


Brinn through her phone across the room. “Fuck! He planned all this.  I need to get home. George has a letter from him.”


“I’ll drive you, Brinn.  You are not in any shape to drive.”  Tammy picked up the pieces of Brinn’s phone.  “Your dad will get this replaced so Zach can get back to you. Come on, honey.”  As Tammy walked Brinn out to her car, she called Brian. “Hey, Brian, I can’t get into details this minute but are you still in the office?”  


“I just got on the road.”


“Swing past the lab.  Brinn needs you to do something for her. We will be in the parking lot in less than five.”


“See you then.” Brian floored his old Stingray.  What was going on?


As he pulled into the parking lot he saw Tammy helping Brinn into her car.  He pulled up next to Tammy who rushed to his window. “Brian, Zach has left.  He left a message at George’s and he is meeting us at Brinn’s house. But I need you to,” she handed him the pieces of the phone.  Get her a replacement. Her memory card is in this somewhere. Get her a replacement. Then pick up Justin and come to her house.” 


“We’ll be there. And then I will tell you how I feel about taking orders,”  he squeezed her hand and then drove away.