- Text Size +

Chapter 17


Twenty minutes later Tammy drove Brinn’s car into the garage.  Brinn had pivoted between swearing and crying. After walking into the house, Tammy poured Brinn a double whiskey and walked her to the sofa.  Tammy heard a door slam as she unlocked the front door. George entered the house.


“What did Zach say?”


“The envelope says, hell read it yourself,” George handed it to Tammy.  She read it. ‘George, please bring this to Brinn and then stay with her.  She will need you. You can be all that I can’t be.’


“That is a bit cryptic. She’s waiting on the sofa.  Her dads should be here any minute. I gave her a whiskey.  I thought one might be useful tonight. Why don’t you go in and stay with her.  I will wait for her dads.”


George walked into the living area and sat next to Brinn, “I don’t know much other than what the envelope said and that is just  to give you this,” he handed her the envelope, “and I am not going anywhere unless you tell me to leave.”


“He just disappeared.  I talked to him this morning before 8:00 and within the hour he was gone.  He didn’t tell me anything. He never told me he was unhappy. He…” George pulled her into his arms.  


“Brinn, do you want to read this alone? Do you want to wait for your dads?  I think you need ….”


“Read it to me. I want you to read it to me.”


“But Brinn, Zach said it was for you.”


“He wouldn’t have given it to you if he didn’t trust you,” Brinn brought her legs up against her chest and wrapped her arms tightly around them. 


“You don’t want to wait for your dads?”


In response, Brinn called to Tammy, “Tammy, please wait outside with my dads until George gets you.”  Tammy stepped outside and pulled the door shut. Brinn looked at George and nodded.


George opened the envelope and unfolded the paper.  He glanced down the letter and then took a deep breath and started to read, “‘My dearest Brinn,  I am sorry I didn’t tell you I was leaving. I can’t keep pulling you down. I have made your life hell.  I don’t doubt your love for me but, Lulu, I love you so much, I can’t keep bringing you down.  


Know that I am somewhere safe and won’t do anything stupid. You shouldn’t have to watch me die.  I will just live my life out quietly. 


Find something you enjoy researching and something that will make a difference.  You have so much to offer the world.  


Find a healthy man that isn’t going to die young and leave you to mourn. Find someone you can live with, not die with. 


Please, remember the good times we had but move on without me.  I love you too much to keep you so I am letting you go.


Lulu Star, I love you to the moon and back.


Goodbye, 


Zach’


Along with the letter were all the credit cards he had shared with her.  


George, again, put both his arms around her and held her close.



Brian and Justin pulled up to Brinn’s house and Brian jumped out and got around to Justin’s side to help him out.  “What’s going on?” Justin asked as soon as the door was open.


“Well, Brinn is reading a letter Zach left her right now.  All I know is that he is gone. He left willingly but ….”


“I need to go in. I need to be with Brinn.  I am sure she is beside herself. Is that George’s car? Is he in there with her?”


“Zach left a letter at his house addressed to Brinn. She said Zach trusted George with the letter so she wanted him to be with her when she read it. She wanted us to wait….”


Justin was already at the front door and opening it.  “Hell if I am going to wait when my baby needs me!” Justin entered the house and went straight to the sound of Brinn’s sobbing.  George saw him come around the corner and slipped out of his seat and Justin dropped down next to her and he pulled her close.  


“Daddy, he’s left me.  He says he doesn’t want me to watch him die.  I said those words to Tammy. I said I didn’t know if I could watch him die….he heard me and now he’s gone.  Daddy, Uncle Dan and Tyler, they can find him, can’t they?” 


Brian and Tammy walked in seconds later.  Brian walked over and picked Brinn up in his arms and sat down with her on his lap and then he and Justin held her while she cried. George handed the letter to Tammy.  She read it over and caught the wording Brinn mentioned. Zach must have overheard them. Poor Brinn. Poor Zach. They loved each other too much. She wondered if either of them would survive.


“George, I can stay here with her...oh, shit, no I can’t.  I have a date, well a dinner date sort of with Gus’ mom. I better get...no, I can cancel it….”


“Tammy, I don’t have plans tonight and my guess is her dads will want to take her home.  Go enjoy yourself. We have this. Damn, I don’t have my car. I drove Brinn’s car home.”


George walked over to the hooks where Brinn  and Zach left the keys. He picked up the keys for Zach’s Jag that had been a birthday gift.  “Take Zach’s car and have a great night.”


Tammy kissed George’s cheek, “You’re a good guy, George.”


“So I have been told about a hundred times in my life.”



An hour later, Tammy was showered and dressed.  She nervously put on her makeup. Lindsay was so out of her league.  She should just cancel and make it easy on all of them but no. She was not talking herself out of this again.  She finished her makeup and then realized she had a message. It was Brian. They had taken Brinn home with them.  She was going to sleep there tonight. He also said she had a working phone again.


Tammy looked at herself in the mirror and decided she didn’t look bad for  a woman near 50. She got behind the wheel of the Jaguar and instantly felt a little more confidence.  As she pulled up to the cottage Lindsay was staying in, a new wave of nerves ran through her. Before she could get out of the car, Lindsay came out the door.  As she sat down in the passenger seat the women moved toward each other and they kissed each other lightly as Lindsay’s hand touched Tammy’s face. “I’m looking forward to this. Nice car!”


“Well, it is Zach’s but I am borrowing it tonight.  It’s a long story and it’s not my place to tell it.” Tammy guided the car down the drive and onto the road.  As Tammy drove the women chatted. Soon they were pulling into the parking lot next to Wine and Design. Lindsay could see Gus’ truck parked behind the building.  It looks like my son is here. That is a bit surprising. Maybe he is playing tonight. That would be a bonus. Have you heard him sing?”


“No, but I have heard he is very good.  I hope they are singing tonight.” Tammy walked around to the passenger side of the car and opened the door.  She watched Lindsay move her long legs out of the car and put out her hand. Tammy took it and Lindsay stepped out and then she slipped her arm around Tammy’s neck and kissed her. It was slow and probing.  


When Lindsay took a step back, she said, “I didn’t want you to have any doubt what I hope will happen tonight.”


“Thanks for clearing that up for me,” Tammy took Lindsay’s hand and started toward the building.  Just before the turned the corner to go to the door, Tammy pressed Lindsay against the building and pressed her whole body against Lindsay, pinning her to the building. As Tammy’s mouth came down on hers, her hand cupped her breast and made circular motions around her nipple.  “And now I think you know my intentions.” Tammy’s arm slipped around Lindsay’s waist and they walked in for an evening of dinner, wine and music and the promise of more when they got home.  


They had barely sat down when Gus walked into the bar, “Hey, Mom, I didn’t know you were coming tonight?”


“Are you singing tonight?  I hope? I didn’t really expect you here tonight either.”


“Well, with the inlaws here, Shelby has plenty of help and as much as I hate to be away from Tallia and the rest of the family, she told me to hang out with Seth this weekend.  It might be a long while before I do it again. And yes, Tyler will be here in about half an hour and then we will do a couple sets.”


“Am I going to get to meet Seth tonight?”


“Sure, if you want to. Sorry, Tammy, I didn’t mean to ignore you.  Thanks for keeping Mom company.”


“It is my pleasure.” Lindsay’s hand moved into Tammy’s lap where it slipped between her legs.


“We have a great special tonight.  Can I order for you?” Gus asked, “I know what Mom likes and doesn’t like, do you have anything I should stay away from?”


“No, I am sure anything you pick would be great.”


“Do you want healthy or junk food?” Gus winked at his mom.


“How about healthy with a side of grease?”


“You got it.  I know exactly what to order.”  Gus slipped back into the kitchen just as Seth walked in with a case of wine.


“Lindsay, that is Seth.”


“Nice looking guy.”


“Just to let you know, from what I understand they are hands off in public although I have heard they slip up once in a while when they are singing but Gus tries to show loyalty to his family.”


“Alright, ladies, here is a sample platter of appetizers.  I told them to bring out two large salads in about 45 minutes.  By then the music should be in full swing. If you want dessert just let them know.”  Lindsay saw a look go between Seth and Gus. The average customer would think they were a couple buddies but Lindsay saw more.  Her son loved this man and his family too. California looked like it had a lot to offer.


Brian and Justin took Brinn home with them.  Justin fussed over her and managed to get her to eat a little soup and grilled cheese while Brian called Dan and told him the situation.  He promised first thing in the morning one of his agents would be at the airport and start checking out all possibilities. Dan said he would text Danny and let him know what was going on so he could try to get in touch with Brinn in the next day or two.  Then Brian and Justin walked their daughter to their room and for the second time in less than a week they shared their bed. Brian gave Brinn something to sleep and she pulled on one of his t shirts and curled up between her dads while she softly cried herself to sleep.  


Once Justin knew Brinn was asleep he looked over at Brian and softly said, “If that boy isn’t already on his deathbed, I’m going to make him wish he was.”


“Sunshine, he thinks he is doing this for Brinn, and I’m not so sure it might not be what’s best.  Her heart will mend but he may not.”


“You don’t believe that.  You wish it was true but Zach is part of her.  We would have never made it without each other.”


“Damn, I want to fuck you,” Brian could see Justin was doing something under the blanket and then he held up his briefs and threw them directly at Brian’s face. 


Brian inhaled deeply and then watching Brinn, he stood up. Her eyes didn’t even flutter.  “Make sure the blanket is tucked around her so she doesn’t get cold. And if she wakes up we are doing therapy.”  Brian dropped his briefs and he positioned Justin so his legs were definitely stretched to the point of causing him discomfort.  The fact that his dick was already responding told Brian that it wasn’t too painful. Brian moved his hands closer to Justin’s shoulders, not stretching his leg anymore but bringing Justin’s ass off the mattress.  The fact that Brinn was next to them was turning both of them on. Very softly Brian said, “No noise!” and with that he drove all the way in. It was fast and hard with an animalistic need to it. Brian looked at Justin’s tense face and with every motion his face showed pure lust.  Justin lost control silently as Brian frantically moved in and out until he thrust once more and stayed there. When he quit trembling he released Justin’s legs and gently laid on top of him. When their lips met, they both shivered.


After kissing for several minutes, Brian pulled the blankets up over them both and he continued laying partially on Justin with his hand protectively wrapped around Justin’s dick.  As he laid there, Brian realized Justin was right. Brinn would never be whole if Zach didn’t come back. He was part of her just like Justin was part of him. Brian slipped off Justin and on instinct, Justin turned his back to Brian who slipped back inside him.  They were one and always would be. No matter what it took they would help Brinn be whole again.



Lindsay and Tammy enjoyed the appetizers Gus had picked and the salads were amazing.  He had picked a rare steak and blue cheese and the second was a Mexican chicken salad. For the less healthy part of the meal there was fried artichoke hearts and the best parmesan fries they had ever had.  The women touched as often as they could and started feeding each other bites of salads and sides.


Gus, Seth, and Tyler began playing and soon Lindsay realized how good her son and his friends were.  As they played Lindsay saw the looks between them and when they came back for a second set she was fairly sure they had either had sex or at least had done some finger play inbetween.  It also crossed her mind that they may have vibrators involved from the pained look Gus had a couple times and the smirk on Tyler’s face.  


“Well, this song is for my mom who is visiting for a while. Love you, Mom, and since Mama isn’t here maybe Tammy will join you on the dance floor.” Lindsay stood and offered her hand to Tammy who joined her on the dance floor.  They started with a little space between them but the song was slow and soon the women were pressed against each other. When Gus noticed the women’s closeness for a moment he forgot the words of the song but he covered well and as he ended the song he walked to his mom, putting his arm around her and then led her off the floor, leaving Tammy standing alone.  She moved back to the table and sipped on the wine, as she watched Gus and Lindsay’s shadows move down the hall.


“Mom, what the hell was that?”


“That was me following your instructions and dancing with a beautiful woman. Gus, you know Mel has been playing lose for a few years. I will always love her but we aren’t in love anymore, Son.”


“But you don’t even know Tammy.  Are you planning on…”


“Having sex with her.  Yes, I am, and I think she is going to be very receptive.”


“Mom, you are married.  Does Mama know you are here on the prowl?”


“Trust me, I’m not saying she would love the idea but she knows she has nothing to say.  And since when have you become the moral police. Seth seems like a great guy and I can see how much you two care about each other.  Seems to me I saw you with your wife and kids this morning but you are spending the weekend with that beautiful man. I have a feeling I could enjoy his company, too.  I heard he might be open….”


“Mom, if you are asking if Seth is bi, yes, he is but Seth and I love each other.  We didn’t mean to fall in love but we did.”


“And you blindly deny …. Gus, I’m sorry, you don’t like the idea of me with someone else but you of all people must realize sometimes one person….”


“But your my mom. Mom’s aren’t supposed to…”


“Considering who your fathers are, it’s not like you don’t know your dads have sex with….well maybe not anymore but you remember them going from one distraction to another.”


“Mom, PLEASE!’


“Gus, enjoy your weekend with the stud but let me enjoy myself, too.  Mel isn’t here and I am glad she isn’t. I am planning on an extended stay.  I love you, Gus but we are both adults and have lives to live.” Lindsay kissed Gus and gave him a hug before going back into the dining room.  Tammy smiled as their eyes met. Lindsay bent and kissed Tammy, thrusting her tongue deep into Tammy’s mouth. “Let’s go. I think we both need a quiet place to….” Tammy stood and together the women walked out of the bar. 


As Tammy unlocked the Jag they kissed again.  As Tammy backed up she said, “Should we have paid for that?”


“Oh, my dear, that is half the fun of being here. When you are part of the Taylor-Kinney clan, it seems as if everything is taken care of.  Well, almost anything. I hope you can help me take care of that.”


“Um, LIndsay, before we get back to the vineyard, I want to be upfront.  I have only been with one woman. This is all new to me.”


“Really?”


“I come from the midwest where it wasn’t OK to be a lesbian when I was young so I threw myself into my career and became the best doctor and researcher I could be.  Sure I dated a man here and there…”


“Oh, I have enjoyed a man’s company from time to time.”


“You and Brian? I just figured it was…”


“Oh, it was but when we were in college we had a couple nights together.  No matter how gay you are you have to enjoy Brian’s body. Even at 60, that man can get my insides fluttering. Now are we heading to your place or mine?”


“Have you seen the love nest your son put together?  When Seth was married they met at Stone House. The bed in that place is….”


“Your place.  The cottage is comfortable but I am sure the bed at your place is top of the line.”



Seth had to help close the bar down.  His mind kept wandering upstairs know Gus was ready and waiting for him.  At the first break, they both had put a vibrator in and by now Gus was probably using something much bigger to prepare himself.  Seth felt his own cock get rock hard. He looked at the two employees still in the place cleaning up. “How would you both like to make an extra $100 tonight?”


The workers looked at each other.  The bartender said, “Hell, if she wants to go home, for $200 I will do it myself.” 


“Thanks, I’m outta here.”  Seth took the stairs two at a time and five minutes later he stood next to a naked Gus and as he put on a condom, Gus removed the vibrator.  Seth laid Gus on his back on the bed and then, with Gus’ legs on his shoulders, he drove in. He knew Gus was ready for him and he was glad because he couldn’t wait.



Tammy pulled the Jag into Brinn’s garage and she and Lindsay walked next door to Stone House. She unlocked the door and let Lindsay walk in first.  As soon as Tammy had shut and locked the door Lindsay had her pressed against the door and by the time they made it to the sofa, Lindsay had pulled off Tammy’s blouse and was unhooking her bra. Tammy started reaching for Lindsay’s top but she stopped her.  “Let me show you how amazing love making can be?” Thirty minutes later Tammy’s entire body was glistening and she was gasping for breath for at least the third time.


“My legs feel like jelly but in all the best ways.”  Lindsay started moving below her waist again and she instantly went back into an orgasm.  “Oh, god, Lindz, I think I need a break. Not a long one but ….” Lindsay moved up her body and ran her tongue around Tammy’s rock hard nipple.


“Tammy, you are amazing. The taste of you...the smell of you...the feel of you...:” Lindsay began to rub against her again but this time Tammy sat up.  


“Let’s get some water and then go up stairs.  You have to see the tub Gus put in this place!”


“Big enough two?”  Lindsay smiled over at her.


“Big enough for a family,” Tammy ran her hand up Lindsay’s inner thigh.  “Has anyone ever told you that doctors have learned a few little secrets when it comes to the human body?” Lindsay sucked in a sharp breath as Tammy’s nails slid along the sensitive skin just below her pubic area and Lindsay sighed.  


“Let’s try out that tub.”



Brinn woke as the sun was just coming up.  She saw her dads laying together wrapped in each other’s arms.  She was sure they were naked under the blanket. She was sure they had made love last night while she lay next to them, but those were her dads and she was so glad they still loved each other like that.  Twenty four hours ago, she was planning a night like that with her fiance. Where could Zach have gone? She got out of bed and left the room. It was 6:00. That meant it was 8:00 in New Orleans.  


“Brinn, you do know it’s Saturday and I’m a college student, right.”  Matty’s voice was filled with sleepiness.


“Matty, tell me you’re with Cait.  I need to talk to both of you.”


“I’m here, Brinn.” She could hear the phone go to speaker. “Your brother is….”


“Sorry to interrupt but have you heard from your brother?”


“Zach, no, should I?”


“He left the hospital yesterday with an unidentified male and he disappeared.  I don’t know where he is. He’s been sick and he just left me. I need to know where he is.  If you know anything tell me!”


“Oh, Brinn, I don’t know anything about this.  Zach is gone?” Caitlin began to cry.


“Brinny,” Matty’s voice was soft, “Cait didn’t know anything about it. Why do you think he is here?”


“He would go to someplace familiar.  He thinks he is doing it for me. He thinks he is a burden.  Matty, How can he be a burden when I love him so much. Help me, Matty.  Find him. Talk to him.”


“We will look for him, Brinn.  Where are you?”


“I’m with my dads. I….Matty, if he really doesn’t love me anymore, let me know that, too.  I love him too much to make him stay with me if he doesn’t want to.”


“Brinn, I’ll call you if I find out anything.”


“Thank you, Matty.  Cait, I think he….I understand I’m a workaholic and your brother is the kindest, sweetest man I have ever met.  I drove him to run. Tell him….just find him.”


The line went dead and Brinn curled up on the sofa and cried for several minutes but then she sat up.  Zach may not want to be with her anymore but that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to keep fighting for him.


Justin heard noise out in the hall.  He saw Brinn wasn’t in bed anymore and he moved out of bed.  His leg didn’t like to work in the morning but after some slow moving he managed to get on his robe and, because he was in a hurry in took the walker giving him better balance as he softly walked out to the hall.  His body ached but some of it was the best ache. His ass was sore from last night’s love making and he hoped it would be stretched more soon. He walked into the kitchen and saw Brinn drinking a cup of coffee and scribbling notes on a notepad.


“Brinny?”


“Morning, Daddy,” she walked over to him and kissed him.  “Let me help you to a chair.”


“I’m fine. I never move fast in the morning.”


“Last night you didn’t appear to have trouble moving.”


“Oh, Brinn, were you awake?” he blushed for a second.


“Well, sort of.  I wasn’t sure if it was real or not but when I heard you whispering I knew it was really you.”


“Tammy said it was a great way for me to stretch.”


“You don’t have to try to explain it.  I am so lucky that my parents are so in love.”


Justin took her hand and kissed it. “How are you this morning?”


“I just talked to Matty.  I am almost positive that Zach went to New Orleans or to one of his relatives' houses in the area.  He was with Cait and she honestly had know idea Zach had left. They are going to try to find him but I ….” She took a deep breath, “I am going into work.  He always thought I worked too hard and I know I neglected him. He probably wanted to be somewhere he would have someone around more often.”


“Oh, Brinn, he knows you love him and he knows you work so hard because of that love.”


“I know he heard Tammy and I.  He left because he thinks I resent him.  Well, I don’t and I am going to keep working and I am going to figure out how to help him.  I am heading out right now. Daddy, thanks for last night. You and Dad are always here when I need you but I’m ok now.  Really. If Matty can’t find him today, we can talk to Uncle Dan.”


“He already knows.  I will tell him to check flights to New Orleans but tell him to stop after that until we tell him different.”


“Daddy, go back to bed.  It is still early. I am going to take the golf cart to my place to get my car.”


“Don’t bother.  Take Brian’s SUV.  I am hoping he isn’t going anywhere today but if he needs to we have more options.  Call me if you need me?”


“Daddy, I always need you but I am good right now.” Brinn smiled at him and then with a cup of   coffee in her hand, she was gone.


Justin walked back to the bedroom slowly. “Sunshine?  Is everything alright with Brinn?” Brian asked as he walked through the door.


“Brinn just left.  Matty and Caitlin are looking for Zach.  She thinks he went home and I agree that is highly likely.” Justin carefully got on the bed and straddled Brian.  He began sliding his ass over Brian’s cock that was coming to full attention quickly. “She heard us last night. She knew we made love next to her.”


“And?”


“She loves us.” Justin bent over and slowly licked Brian’s jawline and then his tongue dipped in his mouth,  “ Brian, I’m not broken anymore. I want to feel something besides pain in my leg.” Justin reached over Brian while he sucked on one of his nipples and then began biting it a bit.  Justin’s cock was instantly hard. Justin opened the drawer of the nightstand and pulled out the ping pong paddle.


“You still have that thing?  We haven’t….”


“Please? I need to focus on something besides this fucking leg and our heartbroken daughter. I plan to paint later and I need an inspiration. A hot ass is just what I need…”


“God, your ass is always so HOT!” Brian ran his hand over Justin’s backside and thrust inside with one of his fingers.


Justin pressed back against him. Brian watched Justin’s head roll backward.  Brian pulled his finger out and rolled toward his nightstand and pulled out the butt plug that was always a stretch for Justin but he loved it.


“Turn around and show me that ass!” Brian was already lubing the plug and then he started to insert first one finger and then two spreading the lube deep inside him.  He spent a lot of time preparing him because they hadn’t played like this in a very long time and the last thing he wanted to do was injure him. Brian tried not to focus on what he was doing or he would just take him.  The look on Justin’s face, the anticipation, made Brian so hard it hurt. Brian set the plug on the edge of the bed and had Justin begin to sit back. As he tried so lower himself, his leg began to shake and Justin dropped on top of it and he felt himself stretched to his limit and then it was in.  Justin closed his eyes and let his body adjust. When he was used to the feel he got on his knees and then the real fun began. With every swing Justin cried out in pain and pleasure. Brian did not continue for long. He soon dropped the paddle and slid under Justin’s raised ass and began to suck him off.  Justin moved half a turn and began doing the same to Brian and together they came.



Lindsay and Tammy had made love several times throughout the night and now Lindsay sat at the kitchen bar and split her time between watching Tammy and looking at the cottage her son had remodeled so wonderfully.  “How did you end up living here?” she skimmed her hand down Tammy’s thigh as she brought plates of food for them. Lindsay kissed her, “I can’t believe this was only your second time.”


“Well, by this morning it has to be five or six times,” Tammy kissed her.  “Was I right about that tub?”


“Everyone should have one of those.”


“I think Gus does put one in every house,” Tammy’s hand slipped under Lindsay’s robe and soon she was unable to keep eating. Her breath came in short gasps as Tammy’s fingers continued to work.  


“Why don’t we finish eating and then maybe we can go try it out again.”


Tammy’s phone pinged and she look at it, “It’s not my granddaughter is it?”


“No, it’s Brinn.  She wants to know if I can come into the lab today.  I wouldn’t do it but, well, she was really messed up last night,” Tammy had told her about Zach leaving.  “I really should go….”


Lindsay leaned forward and kissed her.  “Go. If you don’t mind I will stay here and I will probably use that big tub and when you get back…” she dipped her head into Tammy’s cleavage and drug her tongue up to her neck.  “I will be here when you get home.”



Caitlin was on the phone calling every friend and family member she could think of.  Matty kept texting and calling Zach’s phone. He finally threw the phone across the room. “Damn it!  Where could he be? Is there anyone else?”


Caitlin thought a minute.  She hadn’t called her parents because she didn’t want to worry them but she was surprised Zander hadn’t called her back yet.  “Maybe I’ll call my parents and see if they have heard from either of my brothers. I’ll make it sound like they are ignoring me and I want to talk to them.”


Five minutes after talking to her mom, her phone rang. “Zach?  Is that you?”


“Hi Brinn,”

 

“Where the hell are you?” You had us so worried!  Why did you leave? Brinn is a mess!” She put the phone on speaker.


“Zach, why are you hurting my sister? Man, I thought you loved her!”


“Matteo, you know I love her but I am killing her.  I’m killing her spirit. She needs a real life. Lulu has always been way out of my league.  I just want her to be free.”


“But, Zach, she loves you.” Caitlin said.


“Oh, Cait, I know that.  But she will find someone deserving of her.”


“Zach, you deserve her!  Where are you?”


“Cait, I can’t do that.  Tell her I’m moving on and she should do the same. Tell her I have been in contact with a college girlfriend.  Tell her I have a boyfriend. I don’t care what you tell her but make her move on.” Matty wrapped his arms around her as Caitlin cried.


“Zach, you’re wrong about this. You better be sure, because I don’t see my sister waiting around.  If she thinks you moved on, she will. She won’t be happy about it and, just so you know, she won’t give up looking for you even if she  is with someone else and when she finds you, there will be hell to pay.”


“Matteo, tell her I love….tell her I’m sorry and Caity cat, I’ll keep in touch.”


Matteo picked up his phone and was thankful for the protective case he had on it.  He called Brinn, “Matty, please tell me you found him. Tell me he’s alright.”


“Brinn, I talked to him and he’s fine.”


“Where is he?”


“I don’t know but he asked me to give you a message, he wants you to move on. He told me bullshit, too, but he wants you to let him go.”


“Hell, Matty.  How can I let him go?”


“Brinn, think of it as a break. Maybe a break is what you need. I promise, if I find out where he is, I’ll let you know.”


“Matty, tell him I love him and I always will but I’ll give him a little space for now.”


Brinn sat in her office after hanging up the phone.  Tammy walked in, “Brinn, have you found Zach?”


“No, but my brother talked to him.  According to Matty he’s fine and just needs a break. Well, fine.  I, we, will come up with something. I know we are so close. You have helped me so much.  We have already made progress since you got here. I know we are close. He can have his freedom until we find the answer and then he will come back to me.  Then we will be together for the rest of my life.” Tammy saw Brinn’s stubborn determined look.


“That is a great attitude, Brinn.  You know he cares about you.”


“I know he loves me.  I don’t care what he says.  We will be together, so let’s get to work.”  


Tammy looked over at Brinn, “I think that is the right attitude.”


“Now tell me what happened with Gus’ mom last night.”


“I don’t kiss and tell but let’s just say it is obvious I wasn’t that woman’s first.”  They both laughed as they moved back into the lab and began working in earnest.


At the end of the day, Tammy and Brinn had come across something they hadn’t seen before and both of them were excited.  “Go home, Tammy, and thanks for coming in to work today. I know you have a hot blonde waiting for you. Has Lindsay said how long she’s going to be around?  Is Mel coming out?”


“Mel is not coming out and Lindsay doesn’t know how long she’s staying but I think she will be around for a while.”



Justin was naked except for the splattering of paint he had all over his body.  The painting he was working on was one of the best abstract he had done. He had been in the room for hours.  He still had the huge plug in his ass and he was fairly sure he had a visible bruise or two on his ass and every time he felt it he had another surge of inspiration.  He realized it was dark out and all of the sudden as he walked to get more paint, his leg gave way underneath him. He let out a cry as he dropped.


He heard Brian running and then he rushed through the door.  “Sunshine, are you alright? Why are you on the floor?” He helped him up and set him on his tool.  He watched Justin cringe, “You don’t still have that…”


Justin stood and with some effort, turned his back to Brian and Brian slowly removed the monster.  Brian immediately helped him to the bathroom. He knew Justin would need to or feel like he needed it.  Brian went to find Justin’s cane and brought it back to the room.. “Let me help you back to the room and then if you can shower without me, I will get dinner prepared.”


“If you can get me in the tub,  I think I could use a long, hot soak.  It will get the paint off and it will make my ass feel better, too.” Justin pressed his naked body against Brian and kissed him.  “By bedtime, it should be perfect Brian sized again.” Brian helped him to their room and helped him into the tub as it filled with warm, steamy water. 


Brian kissed him once he was seated, “Don’t try to get out of there without me, alright?


“Bri, have you heard from Brinn? Or Dan.”


“Brinn called a while ago.  Our daughter is amazing. Matty talked to Zach and he said he was moving on.  Matty doesn’t know where Zach is but will be in touch with him. Brinn is going to give him a little space.  Maybe it will be good for both of them. Zach can gain some strength and Brinn can focus her work.”


“But she’s alright?”


“Yes, Sunshine.  She’s fine.” 



Gus had spent a good part of the day in bed with Seth.  They had taken turns buried deep inside the other and as Seth went downstairs for a short shift behind the bar, Gus called home.


“Hey, Shelly, how is the most gorgeous woman in the world?”


“I miss you, Gussy.  You’ll be home tomorrow noon, won’t you? Your dads are having all of us over and George is cooking.”


“That’s at 1:00, right?”


“Yes, my parents want to leave around 3:00.”


“Of course, I’ll be home.  I can’t wait to kiss all of you and I can’t wait to….”


“Hey, G, I brought up some dinner….” Seth stopped when he realized that Gus was on the phone.


“I will see you tomorrow.” Shelby said flatly.


“Oh, Shel…. “ Gus paused, “I love you, Shel.  Kiss the kids for me.”


“Fuck, G, I’m sorry. I didn’t know….”


“Didn’t you?  I told you I was calling her.”


“Why would I….”


“Maybe we need to rethink this relationship, Seth.”


“I agree!  Maybe we do.  You walk in when it suits you and walk out when it suits you and I end up alone again until you get an itch up your ass.”


“Seth, I’m…I’m sorry. You’re right. It isn’t fair to you. Maybe it’s time you found someone who can love you the way you deserve to be loved.”


“But Gus, I love you.”


“I love you, too, but you deserve so much more.  Maybe it’s time for you to find someone else.”


“Gus, you aren’t serious.”


“Yes, Seth, I am.  Think about it. You are such a wonderful man and you deserve someone who   can spend their life with you. I will go if you….”


Seth pulled Gus to him.  “Don’t talk about it right now, please. We have tonight.  I don’t want to lose you but I do need more. But, G, you will always be a part of my life and I hope I will always be a part of yours.”  



On Sunday, Brian and Justin looked forward to having their family together.  George arrived late in the morning and started preparing the meal while Brian and Justin enjoyed a crisp morning on the veranda. Justin draped his legs over Brian’s lap and while they sipped coffee and talked Brian massaged Justin’s healing leg.  He watched Justin’s face as he knew he was hitting a tender spot.


Brian leaned toward Justin and he met his lips.  “Too hard?”


“No, it hurts but I know I overdid it yesterday and I know when you finish it will feel much better. You do so much for me, Brian.  I don’t know what I would do if….”


“Shut up, Sunshine.  You know I’m not going anywhere.”  Justin repositioned himself so they could more easily kiss and Brian pressed him backward.  


Just as Brian began to fumble at Justin’s fly, Brinn came around the corner.  “Come on, Daddiies having you screw while I was in bed with you was enough for one week.”  She walked over and kissed both of them before dropping into the chair next to them.


“Hey, Brinny.  How are you doing?”  Justin reached over and took her hand while Brian again began to rub his leg.


“I’m fine.  I know Zach is Ok. I don’t think he will be contacting me for a while but as long as he talks to Matty, I will know he’s alright.  I still love him and I am going to figure out a way to help him so he will come back to me.”


“I think you’re right, but don’t get too wrapped up in work that you forget to live.”


“I will help with that,” George said as he walked out of the house and handed her a cup.  In the other hand he had a carafe of coffee and a cup for himself. “Do you mind if I join you for a couple minutes.  I have a few minutes before I start frying chicken.”


Brian nodded to the chair near Brinn.  “George, I think that would be a good idea.  Take Brinn to a movie. Get her out of town for a day or two.  With Tammy kicking her out of the lab at a decent time and you helping her stay entertained….”


“Hello? I’m sitting right here and I’m a grown woman.”


“Well, Brinn, I would love to have a beautiful woman on my arm from time to time.  Actually, I would love to have a beautiful woman in my bed all the time but I will settle for a friend to hang out with right now.”


“I’d love that, George.  Maybe if I would have learned to take a little time away, Zach wouldn’t be hiding out somewhere.”


George patted her hand as he got up.  “Brinn, I have no doubt he will be back but you are not going to sit around pining for him.”



Gus arrived home at noon.  He kissed all three of his kids and greeted his in laws before going upstairs where Shelby was.  As he walked toward him she inhaled deeply.


“Don’t worry, I have showered and, well, all we did this morning was sleep together.” Gus watched her reaction.  He took her in his arms, “Shelly, I’m sorry. I … I think I realized a couple things this weekend and you and are going to talk about some things later but right now we have a lunch to go to and I intend to enjoy my family today and later tonight, my mom is going to be on babysitting duty while you and I talk and hopefully, I know it’s too early to make love but I hope you will let me worship you for a while.”  He pressed her pelvis tightly against him and she sighed as their lips met.



Soon Brian and Justin’s  house was filled with family.  Lindsay and Tammy were there along with Gus and his family and in laws.  Tallia spent time in everyone’s arms while Gage and Taylor enjoyed time with all of their favorite people.   Brian found Lindsay sitting alone while Tammy talked to Shelby.


“So you and Tammy?” Brian said as he dropped next to her.  “Mel?”


“Brian, you know Mel and I have been more friends than lovers for years.  I will always love her and I don’t think I would ever leave her but I deserve more and Tammy, well, she is MORE.”


“You are right, Lindz.  You deserve it all. And I am quite fond of Tammy.  Do you plan to stay around?”


“For a while.  I am guessing I might start splitting my time between the coasts, if I am welcome to use your cottages when I am in town.”


“My guess is you won’t need to as long as Tammy is in Stone House.” Brian kissed her and then got up to say goodbye to Sally and Bill as they gave their grandchildren one last hug and got on the road.


Gus spent a few minutes with Brinn letting her know he would do anything for his little sister while she was hurting but it was obvious to everyone that Brinn already had a plan of action and in the end, somehow, she and Zach would find each other again. She would just be patient as she waited.


Gus and Shelby took the kids home and Lindsay said she would be there in a couple hours as she left with Tammy back to Stone House.  


George walked out with Brinn and opened her car door for her.  He bent down and looked into the open door. “Tomorrow is my normal night to be at your house.  Maybe we can compare our calendars and find a weekend to get away. I need to go to Tahoe for a culinary school thing and I thought, maybe you'd like to come with me.  The date is flexible.”


“That sounds like it is just what I need. Thanks, George, you are a good friend.” Brinn drove away and George followed leaving Brian and Justin home alone.


Justin rested heavily against Brian, “I think I overdid it a little this weekend.”


“I think I am to blame for some of that,” Brian kissed his temple.


“No, you did exactly what I wanted you to do and thank you for that.  I promise I will keep working at healing so, I can keep up...:”


“I kind of like it when you need me to help you shower and dress and… Let’s go to bed early tonight,” Brian ran his hand down Justin’s back.


“I like that idea,” Justin kissed him.  “Maybe you could help me with a shower first?”


“Oh, I am sure that could be arranged,” Brian put his arm around Justin’s waist and together they walked back to their room.  After a long, hot shower, they laid in bed. Justin pulled Brian close and Brian’s head rested on his chest as he ran a finger up and down Justin’s cock.


“Brian, what would I do without you?”


“You know neither of us can do it on our own.  We can face anything as long as we are together.”


Justin’s eyes began to flutter shut but before he fell asleep he said,  “I can’t wait to see what the next 30 years has in store for us.”


“You do know that would make me 90, right?” Brian said as he rested his hand on Justin’s stomach.  


“Well, you better still be here because I can’t do life without you.” Justin brought Brian’s hand to his lips and kissed it. “Good night, Brian.”

 

“Goodnight, Sunshine.”

The End.
Simply written is the author of 42 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked CDLWY 11 For Better or Worse also liked 234 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Can't Do Life Without You. The previous story in the series is CDLWY 10 Growing Pains. The next story in the series is CDLWY 12 Daddies' Little Girls.