- Text Size +

Chapter 3 


Monday morning Brinn gave Zach a good morning kiss and proceeded to walk around the bedroom naked as she slowly strode to and from the shower.  She then dressed and headed for the kitchen where she found Caitlin had coffee made and eggs and toast ready.


“I could get used to this,” Brinn said as she kissed Cait on the cheek and sat down.  


“What happened last night?” she asked looking down the hall to make sure Zach wasn’t coming yet.


“Oh, we had amazing sex and then I told him he couldn’t touch me until Matteo had dinner with us.”


“Oooo, I bet he didn’t like that!” Cait laughed at the thought of her brother unable to touch his woman. 


“All I can say is I hope Matteo is free tonight because I can’t look at him and not feel that tingle right….well, you know where that tingle is now.”  The girls both laughed as Zach walked into the kitchen.


“Good Morning, Zach.  I made eggs, just like Mom makes them. I added lots of cheese to the scramble.”


“Thanks, Cait,” he sat next to Brinn who leaned over and kissed him as her hand gently played in his lap. By the time she moved away he held onto her for a second longer and looked her directly in the eye.


“Maybe we should think about getting a housekeeper.  I could get used to breakfast every morning,” Brinn said smiling at him.


“Damn, Lulu.  Talk to Matteo today. You know you play dirty!”


“Oh, and most of the time you are very glad I do.  Caitlin, I’ll introduce you today. He actually may be helping you because he will probably be helping with moving the file boxes.  It is mostly just paperwork from interviews. We try to go paperless as much as possible but the lead researcher still likes paper.”


“Brinn, your dads know you do most of the work, don’t they? I mean just the concoction you put in the bath helps me breathe better and no one else had ever put that together.”


“We need him for the image.  You know people aren’t going to trust a young blond girl.  Once the bath infusers are on the market and my dads are back, I think Dad will give him a good retirement package.  By then our names will be out there and you and I will take care of the lab.”


“What name did you end up choosing for your bath products?”


Zach smiled, “Lulu & Chase. I wanted Lulu Star but after talking to Brian and Justin we realized with the comic book series Justin did the cross branding might have some side effects.”


“Since Lulu Star is an adult comic we don’t want people to think that the infusion is for adults only.  It is great for kids. Plus, I wanted Chase in there, too. He is as much a part of this as I am. He is my guinea pig.”  Brinn kissed Zach and mouthed, love you.


“We better get going.  The boss might get mad if we’re late.” Zach kissed Brinn.  


“You know I’m not the boss.  I really wish Matty would decide to go into business like his dads and then maybe he could join us and become the CEO eventually.”


“Lulu, I know you love Matty and so do I but I don’t see that ever happening.  Sure, he will find a job but I see him following John as a pilot then Tony in business.”


“Well, whatever makes him happy but you know how   persuasive I can be.” The three walked out together.



Gage and Tayler were better the next morning.  Shelby made them chocolate chip pancakes and drove them into school.  They were only a couple minutes late so they could easily go to class and didn’t miss anything.  As she drove over to Becca’s, Shelby thought about how sweetly Gus had made love to her that morning.  Most women would not consider themselves lucky if their husband had a lover but Gus was more attentive now than he had been before Seth.  She pulled into Becca’s driveway and was surprised she could eat again. An hour earlier she had eaten two pancakes and eggs but she hoped Becca had something to eat.


Becca greeted Shelby with a hug and then grabbed her right hand, “I wanted to talk the other night but with Brian and Justin leaving I never got a chance.  This ring is stunning. Gus?”


“Yes, It was for our 10th anniversary.”


“It is breathtaking.  Did the two of you have a nice anniversary?”


Shelby knew Becca was asking if they spent it together.  Becca had not hidden her dislike of the situation. “Gus and I had a wonderful morning and day.”


“But he slept at Seth’s.  Shelby how do you…. No, I said I wasn’t going to go that way again.  It is your life and I’m glad you’re happy. But Peter knows he better never….”


Shelby hugged Becca, “I was just thinking it isn’t easy but having a husband who is content and happier than ever before is worth everything.  He never neglects his family and Seth meets a need Gus has. I am so glad to see you have food out. I am starving for some reason.”


“Didn’t you eat with the kids?”


“I did. Maybe it is just because I ate constantly during the holidays.  I am going to have to watch it. I am getting close to 40, you know.”


“Well you have a few years yet but I know what you mean.  I have gotten to the big 40 but I am a woman in love with a great family and  a couple amazing jobs. I wouldn’t change anything.” With that the women got to work for the day.



Zach, Brinn , and Caitlin arrived at the office and they introduced Caitlin to the HR staff she would be working with.  Brinn asked if Matteo had arrived for the day and she was told he was out running errands for the office already but said they would send him her way when he arrived.  With that Zach and Brinn went off to the lab.


Caitlin was given a task and she was working at scanning in documents when she felt a presence behind her.  She turned and was face to face with a beautiful young man that could have been no one other than Matteo Montefiore.  He looked like his dad, who she had met a few times but in the eyes he looked just like his sister.


“Hey, Caitlin, right?” Matty said in a relaxed tone.  “Zach’s sister?”


“Ya, yes.” she offered a hand and Matty took it and held it softly.  Just his touch made her weak in her knees. No wonder he was with a different woman every week.  He exuded confidence and charm.


“I hear Brinn wants to see me.  Any idea why? Did I screw something up?”


“No, I think she is inviting you to dinner at the house.”


“I’m sure that wasn’t your brother’s idea.  He thinks I am a screw up.”


“I don’t think that’s true.  I heard him say he likes you. He just…”


“Thinks I need to get my shit together.  You going to be there at this dinner?” She nodded.  “Well, then I will definitely accept.” That is when she realized he was still holding her hand.  When he dropped it and walked away she felt like she had lost something. Yes, she hoped to get to know Matteo Montefiore much better.


Matteo walked into Brinn’s lab.  He was always amazed at how smart she was.  She was holding up a beaker and swirling the liquid in it. He waited until she finished putting a note in the computer and said, “Brinn, you wanted to see me?”


“You were working early this morning,” Brinn threw an arm around his shoulders, “You know, Matty, I’m glad I hired you.  You are willing to work hard and do what you’re asked to do but, bro, you have so much more potential.”


“Please don’t start on me, Brinn.  I will go back to school when I figure out what I want to do.”


“Besides chase women?”


“And a man or two but I don’t think that’s my thing.  Of course if a good looking guy wants to suck my cock or wants me to ….”


“Ya, I got the picture.  Can you come to dinner tonight?”


“Who’s cooking?”


“Whatever take out place you want.”


“Is your sister in law going to be there?”


“You met Caitlin? Ya, she’ll be there.”


“She’s part of the reason I am inviting you but remember how much Zach will hate this.”


“I get to mess with Zach’s mind?”


“Matty, that beautiful girl has never been with a man.  In fact, she hadn’t had an orgasm until last week.”


Matty looked at Brinn, “Are you asking what I think you’re asking?”


“I’m not saying eat dinner and take her right upstairs.”


“That would get Zach’s dick in a knot.”


“You leave his dick alone!  That is all mine but Caitlin is sweet and really wants to explore with someone safe. Can I trust you?


“Brinn, are you serious? Do you think I ever take advantage…”


“No, you would never have to sink to that.  So what should we get for dinner?”


“You know I’ll eat anything. Thai, Mexican, Mediteranian….”


“Italian?” Brinn laughed.  She knew Tony made better Italian than any of the restaurants in town.”


“Haha, how about sushi.  Just order one of their party platters for four.  It’s good and a great food to share.”


“Sounds good to me.  Can you order it and tell them to have it ready for pick up at 6:00.”


“Sure, I’ll do that.  I better let you get back to work.  It looked like you were really focused on something?”


“Focused, stuck,  I just can’t get the readings I want. I was so sure I was close.”  With that Matty knew he had lost her. She was looking at the computer screen reviewing numbers.  He kissed her cheek and walked out.


Matty was sure he should know more about Zach’s thoughts about this.  He made a point of going past the HR office again and slipped an arm around Caitlin.  “You have plans for lunch?”


“Um, not that I know of.  I didn’t take a lunch along and I don’t have my own car.”


“Well, let’s go grab a salad or burger.  We are having sushi for dinner.”


“Oh, we are?”


“Brinn, started to warn me about Zach but then got sidetracked.  How opposed is your brother to me and you getting to know each other?”


“He wasn’t happy about it but Brinn is withholding sex until you come for dinner so you know that lasted about 8 hours. He does love having sex with your sister, cousin….sorry, not sure what to call you two.”  Matty led her out of the office and waved at the office manager letting her know they’d be back in an hour.


“More importantly, they are made for each other.  Brinn doesn’t fit in with everyone but since day one I could tell he cared about her.  Our relationship has always been confusing. Yes, we were raised cousins but I know she’s my sister and I do love her.”  He opened the car door and offered her a hand as she got into his sports car.


“Nice car.” Cait said as he got in.


“It was a graduation gift.”


“You are really lucky.”


“I am, but not because I got this car.  It’s because I have two dads, that no matter what a pain in the ass I’ve been, have always loved me.”  He smiled her direction, “Not that I mind the money but my dads taught me how to work, that earning something is more important than getting something.”


“I didn’t mean anything….”


“I know you didn’t.  I …. I really wasn’t an easy kid and I wish …. Well, I wish I knew what I wanted out of life.”  He pulled up at the diner and they were seated as soon as they walked in.  


Caitlin reached across the table and touched his hand, “I’m not sure what I want to do either but that’s what college is for.”


Matteo, squeezed her hand lightly.  “I like you, Cait. I think we could have a lot of fun together and I want you to know.  Everything you’ve heard about me, well a lot of what you heard, is exaggerated. But if you are interested,” he kissed her hand, “I think we could have a lot of fun together.”  He didn’t let go of her hand until their food arrived.  


They got to know each other as they ate.  Cait talked about her childhood and the suburb she grew up in.  Matty told her about Pittsburgh and then the lighthouse. He was just feeling comfortable when they realized they were late.  He threw money on the table and drove them back to the lab.  


Caitlin was glad she didn’t get a look from the office manager.  She guessed that was because she was Zach’s sister and was with Matteo Montefiore.  She could say that name all day long. Yes Matteo was gorgeous, but he had a heart and was intelligent.  And she was sure he was a fabulous lover. That she hoped to find out soon.



Gus arrived at his office and found Seth sitting on the sofa, “What are you doing down here? I was going to shower before coming up.  I really stink. I spent most of the day with a hammer in my hand.”


Seth breathed in as he put his arms around Gus, “You smell amazing to me.” He rubbed against Gus and Gus grabbed his crotch. The man was so massive already Gus shivered.


“Well, I guess we will go use that massive shower upstairs and play with all the toys I put in it.”  Gus smiled.


“Maybe I’ll fill you up before I fill you up!”  


“I take it you have played with that water wand a few times,” Gus took Seth’s hand and led him upstairs.  Seth slowly took Gus’ clothes off and then drug his tongue down Gus’ body until he got on his knees and took him in his mouth.  


Seth looked up at Gus, “And you wanted to waste all that flavor.” Seth smiled, “I love the taste of you.  He turned Gus around and had him spread his legs a bit. He then invaded him with his tongue. Gus nearly lost it as Seth reached between his legs and lightly tugged on his balls.”


“Seth, you are going to kill me here! God, please…”  Seth roughly replaced his tongue with two fingers. Gus cried out in surprise.  As Seth targeted his prostate, Gus nearly blacked out. “Oh, Seth, PLEASE, this is pure torture!”  Seth removed his hands and stood up. Gus quickly undressed him and reached for his cock and led him to the shower.  Gus saw Seth grab something off the counter but didn’t see what it was.


Once in the shower, Seth inserted the wand and turned the water on.  Gus sighed at first but after a few moments it was more painful. Seth stopped the water and then he quickly replaced the wand with a sturdy plug.  Seth then began to gently rub Gus’ abdomen. He swore he felt the water rise inside him as it worked its way through him. He could feel Seth’s cock against his back as Seth held him  closely as he continued to massage, letting his hand move lower. He drove Gus nearly to the point of insanity. He felt like is insides were going to explode.  


After they got out of the shower they dried off and Seth left him alone for a few minutes.  By the time Gus came into the bedroom, he needed Seth more than he ever did before and he wanted it now and he wanted it dirty. Gus bent down, grabbing the foot end of the bed.  


“Seth, now. I want it hard and fast.”


“Gus, I don’t want to…”


“Now! Seth.”  Seth slipped a condom on and lubed it and then grabbing Gus’ hips to stabilize him and then drove into Gus.  Gus arched his back and made almost an animalistic sound causing Seth to respond by moving faster and more forceful.  Seth grabbed him around the waist and took Gus’ dick in his hand as he filled his emptied passage and at the same time Gus filled Seth’s hand with cum.  Gus slumped over the footboard.  


As Seth pulled out he noticed blood.  A little blood wasn’t unusual but this was far more than he was comfortable with.  “G, I think we have a problem. You’re bleeding.”


Gus turned around and was about to blow it off when he felt some pain and saw the amount of blood Seth had on his cock.  ‘’Oh, that isn’t normal. I…”


“I’m taking you to the ER.”


“No, Seth, I can’t go to the ER.” He walked over and picked up his phone, “I’ll call my doctor.  Kinney has a lot of pull after my dads donated half the hospital. I think he will go into the office for me.”


“God, Gus, I am so sorry.  I should have never. Oh, G….”


“Seth, I am sure I will be fine.  It’s probably nothing.” Moments later he was on the phone with the doctor and then he was talking to Seth again.  “Can you drive me to the clinic? The doctor will meet us there in ten minutes.”



Matteo arrive at the house with dinner.  “Ya know, Brinn, I love being invited for dinner but isn’t the concept that you supply the meal?”


Brinn kissed his cheek, “Thanks, Matty. Zach will be down in a minute.  He is doing his breathing treatment before dinner.’


Matty walked over to Caitlin who was wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a long sleeve T-shirt, skimming her curves nicely. Matty bent over and kissed her lightly.  Reaching up and touching her soft ringlet of hair, he smiled, “You look great.”


Cait blushed, “Thanks. It’s Brinn’s shirt.”


“Well, I think she should give it to you.  It is the perfect color for you.”


“Damn, you’re a smooth talker,” Brinn smiled up at her ‘little’ brother.  


“Zach, whenever you’re ready dinner is here.”


They sat at the table and soon Zach joined them. Brinn and Zach sat side by side while Matty and Cait sat across from them.  The conversation flowed and even Zach seemed to have a good time.  


They were nearly finished when Zach’s phone rang.  He saw it was Gus. “Hey, Bro, what’s up? Aren’t you... otherwise entertained tonight?”


“Zach, can you come to town and pick me up? I’m at the clinic.”


“The clinic?  What happened?”  Brinn had grabbed the phone out of Zach’s hand.  


“Don’t worry, Brinn.  I just was given…..come pick me up.”  Gus began to slur his words.


“We’re on our way.”  Brinn was on her feet and Zach was grabbing jackets.  “Matty, stay here and keep Caitlin company. If Gus is calling us at least he isn’t hurt too bad.  He probably just didn’t want Shelby to have to leave with the kids. I’ll call you when I know anything.”


Zach and Brinn were gone in moments and Cait looked at Matty.  Before she could say anything, Matty moved toward her and kissed her.  His lips were warm and soft against hers. Without thinking about it she moved toward him and soon he had moved back far enough that she could face him on his lap.  His hands moved under her top and he slid it over her head. He kissed each of her breasts and the warmth of his breath sent shivers down her spine.  


“If I’m going too fast let me know but you are stunning and your brother isn’t here.  If you want to…”


Caitlin reached back and untied her bra freeing her breasts and as Matteo moved in to take one of her nipples, he sighed.  This was one ‘task’ he looked forward to. Caitlin began rocking as Matty used his tongue on her breasts and then he moved up and leaving a trail of kisses upward he claimed her mouth.  He stood picking her up as he did. She wrapped her legs tightly around his waist and could feel his erection.


“My room, first door on the left,” Cait managed to get out as Matty carried her to the room.”   Matty dropped her on the bed and began tugging off her jeans. He then pulled off his own shirt but stopped there and sat down next to her on the bed.


“Beautiful Cait, are you sure you want to do this?” A fingertip traced down between her breasts and continued its way down.  He played in her navel for a while. “We can just play a bit tonight. It honestly might be the best under the circumstances.”  He bent over and kissed her navel and then his tongue began to move lower. “Have you ever been French kissed?”


“Matteo, we were French kissing a few minutes ago.”


“Those aren’t the lips I was talking about.” Matty slipped off the bed and kneeled between her legs.  He spread her knees far enough to have a view of her lovely moist center. Matty felt Caitlin tense as he slowly moved closer.  He put her feet on the bed so he had better access and then he brought his mouth down and kissed her in her most intimate parts.


Caitlin moaned, “Oh, Matteo, what are you doing?”


His voice came back muffled, “French kissing.” As he continued to gently lick her, she felt like she was melting and then she felt the pressure begin to build and Matty continued in the same slow pace that soon had her feeling the orgasm explode from inside her.   His tongue gently continued to stroke her until he felt her relax again. He then slipped up beside her.


“So was it what you expected?”  he pulled her close and continued to stroke her bare skin.


Caitlin began to do the same to his chest.  She then leaned forward and used her tongue to flick one of the pebbles on his taut chest.  He dropped back onto his back and she continued with her mouth as her hand got brave. She began to undo his fly and he was so distracted by her mouth he didn’t notice what she was doing until her hand had entered his briefs.


“Hell, Cait, I thought I was going to teach you something.”


“You have and I hope you will teach me much more.”  It was her turn to slide down his body and soon she was tugging down his pants.



Brinn rushed into the mostly dark clinic with Zach right behind her.   “GUS! Hello?” Brinn yelled through the receptionist’s window. She heard a buzz and rushed through the door next to the desk.   


“Brinn, your brother is fine.”


“Where is he?” she rushed down to the man.


“Whoa, calm down.  Let’s talk out here a minute and then we will go see him.”   The doctor looked up and smiled at Zach who was using one of his inhalers, “Are you all right, Mr. Chase?”


“Zach, please. I’ll be fine.”  Brinn now looked at him and put an arm around him. 


“What happened, Doc?  What’s wrong with Gus?  How did he get here? Why is he alone?  Seth should be here!”


The doctor let out a breath.  “Ok, I wasn’t sure if you knew about Gus’ relationship. Your brother will be fine but he is a little too high to drive right now.”


“What happened?”  Brinn was getting upset at his refusal to respond.


“Brinn, I know Gus called you but I’m not sure if I should give you….”


“Doc, have you ever known a Taylor-Kinney that doesn’t share with his family?”


“Ok, Ok, Gus has a sphincter tear.  It isn’t serious but it will be painful.  I wanted him to go to the hospital but he refused.  He made a call to a Danny? He was pretty high on pain meds when he made that call.”  Brinn pulled out her phone and saw a missed call and several texts from Danny. Her phone was on silent and she hadn’t paid any attention to it on their drive in.  


“Well, I don’t have to ask how he got the tear but everything is Ok?”


“Yes, it looked worse than it was and it is good he came in because an infection could be bad. If you follow me, he’s in here.”


Brinn rushed in with Zach right behind.  “Where the hell is Seth? He left him here?”


“Brinny, my little sister?” he looked over at Zach.  “Did you screw her yet today? I used to want to hit you when I thought about that.”  Gus tried to stand and Brinn caught him.


The doctor helped Brinn with Gus.  “Seth left a few minutes ago. He snuck Gus in and didn’t want to be around when you arrived.”


“That was smart.  I am going to kill him. So what directions do I need to pass on to Shelby?”


“I printed out a sheet.  He will not be working tomorrow and after that he can do some office work although sitting might be difficult for a few days.  Here is some numbing lotion. He may need it, especially after he uses the bathroom. Why do I feel weird talking to his little sister about this?”


“Doc, you have known my family since I was little.  You know we have never had secrets about anything.”


“I was a bit worried you didn’t know about Gus and his….friend.”


“Doc, I have known they have been lovers for about four years.  Did you know?”


“I knew he had a male lover but he had kept his identity from me.  Gus is very safe and, although this happened, he will be fine. It could have happened at anytime.”

“Well, it has never happened to my dads and they screw more than any two people I know.”


“Brinny, my little sister!”


“Can we take him home?”


“Brinny, we need to get my truck,” Gus slurred.  “The big guy has my truck. Have I ever told you how big he is? His dick is massive!  It’s like a…”


“Ok, Gus, let’s get you out to the car,” the doctor suggested as he took one of Gus’ arms.  Brinn wrapped her arm around his waist and Zach went ahead to open the car door.  


“Thanks, Doc.  If there is ever anything I can do for you.  If there is ever a need for a lab, let me know.”


“Brinny, my Little Sister. You are so smart. I’m so proud of you.” Gus kissed her as they helped him sit lay in the back of the SUV.  Zach got in the passenger seat and Brinn drove away. They had decided Zach would drive Gus’ truck home so he would have it when he needed it.  


“Zach stay here with Gus.  I am going to get the truck keys.” Brinn ran up the outside steps and pounded on Seth’s door.  “Seth, we need Gus’ keys.” As Seth opened the door, Brinn pulled back and her small fist connected with his nose.


“Shit!” Seth grabbed his nose as blood dripped between his fingers.  “I’m sorry. I would never hurt your brother. I love him so much. Is he going to be alright?”


“None of your fuckin’ business. Don’t call him! Damn,” she reached up and moved his hand out of the way.  After feeling his nose carefully, she said, “It’s not broken.” She grabbed the keys that Seth had dropped when he got hit, and she ran down the steps.


Zach had to smile at Brinn, “God, I’m turned on.  I love you, Lulu. Drive safe.” He kissed her and then kissed her hand.  “He’ll be fine.” He gave her a hug and opened her door for her. “Do we need to call Shelby?”


“No, Danny said he is with Shelby.  He happened to be at his dads and went over, although they aren’t sure what happened yet.  I will talk to Shelby while you get him up to bed. Or wherever she wants him to sleep.”



Danny sat with a shaky, Shelby. “You talked to him, right?”  she asked Danny.


“Yes, Shelby.  He didn’t tell me anything accept he would be fine and Brinn was bringing him home.”   Danny texted Brinn again but all she said was that she was on her way.


When they heard the garage door go up Shelby ran out to the garage where Zach had opened the door and Brinn had pulled in.   Shelby rushed to the SUV and opened the back door.


“Shelly, baby.  I have a booboo on my butt.”


“Gus, oh,” Shelby helped him sit up.  


“Shelby, where do you want the guys to bring him.” Brinn gave Danny a kiss when he walked over to help.


“Can you get him up to our room?”  Shelby questioned?


“They will get him in bed.  Let’s talk,” the women entered the house following the men.  Brinn led Shelby to the kitchen. She pulled out a bottle of bourbon and poured them each a shot.  


“Brinn, what happened to Gus?”


“I want to tell you, I almost broke Seth’s nose.”  She emptied her glass.


“Brinn, what happened?”


“Well, from what I got from it,” Brinn didn’t know how to say it so she just said it, “He ripped Gus’ ass.  He now has a couple stitches down there and the numbing shot is probably about ready to wear off.” Brinn reached into her purse, “Here are the doctors directions.” As Shelby took it from her, Brinn took her hand.  “Shelby, are you Ok?”


“Brinn, I….” Brinn put her arms around Shelby.  


“I know, Honey.  You know he loves you.”


“But I am never enough.  I just can’t be enough and now…..”


“He is going to be fine, Shelby, and you know he has to live his life.  I’m sorry it hurts you so much.” Brinn ran her hand over Shelby’s hair.  


Shelby pulled herself together when she heard the men coming downstairs.  Shelby stood up and Danny walked over to her. “Shelby, would you like me to look at the doctor’s notes or do you have any questions?”


“Brinn, you and Zach go home.  You both look really tired.”


“Shit, we left Cait alone with Matteo for the last two hours.”  Zach took Brinn’s hand but she hesitated.


“Brinn, I will stay as long as Shelby wants me to.  I can stay the night. I don’t have classes until Wednesday so I can nap in the morning and then drive back,” Danny kissed Brinn’s cheek and moved her towards Zach.


“Call me, Danny.”


“I’ll call you before I leave town.  Shelby, let’s go and make sure he is resting or if he needs one of his pills.”  Danny led Shelby to the steps as Brinn and Zach walked out the door.



Caitlin and Matteo lay in her bed naked.  They had not made love in the true sense of the word but they were still exploring each other’s bodies.  Matty loved the feel of her skin, slick from perspiration. His hand moved between her legs once more and soon she cried out again.


“Matty, please make love to me.  PLEASE!” she cried out as she came again.


“No,” Matty kissed her and stood up.  “May I see you on Friday evening? Maybe we can just leave work together?”


“Oh, yes, where can we go?  I need to make love to you before I have to go home next week.”


“Oh, I plan to make love to you and I hope you will never forget it.”  Matty was dressed and was just leaving her room when he heard the garage door lifting. “They are home.  Better get something on.” He shut the door and walked out.  


Both Brinn and Zach looked worn out, “How is Gus?  What happened?”


“Zach, why don’t you run the bath.  I could use one. I’ll be up in a couple minutes.”


Zach walked up to Matteo and leaning to his ear he said, “My sister better be fully intact!” 


“Big brother, it is none of your business if I am or am not intact.  I am the same age as your bride to be and you had her four years ago.”


“Caitlin, I….”


“We’ll talk tomorrow.  I’m tired and you look like shit.” Cait walked her brother toward his bedroom.


Brinn leaned against Matty and he hugged her.  “Gus is alright isn’t he?”


“Ya, he just literally ripped his asshole.”


“Oh, ouch!”


“He got stitches and now he is home with his wife who knows how it happened and it hurts her so much.”  She looked at Matty, “So did you?”


“No, but we had great fun not having it.  Friday night I am taking her out. Do you think we could use your dads’ place or one of the cottages?”


“Ya, use the main house.  Hell, have sex in their bed.  If I remember, it is very comfortable.” She moved away from him.  “I need to go check on Zach. He is too tired. I’ll see you tomorrow. Thanks for staying.”


“Oh, it was a real hardship.  I really like that girl. She’s got something special.”  Matty walked out and Brinn made sure everything was locked and went to her bedroom. 


Zach and Caitlin were sitting on the edge of the bed but as Brinn walked in Caitlin stood and walked toward her.  She didn’t say anything but hugged Brinn and then she walked out the door. Brinn walked over and took Zach’s hand.  


“You look very tired, Chase.  Come take a bath with me,” she said as she slipped out of her clothes and walked over to pull Zach’s shirt off. “I hope you want to love me, Zach, because I need you.”  Brinn pressed her naked body against him and he quickly took off his pants before leading her to the bath.



Danny showed Shelby the stitches on Gus as he slept in a fog of pain meds.  “He shouldn’t take a bath, like the doctor said, but it needs to be cleaned a couple times a day and this cream should help him a lot.”  He smiled over at Shelby, “When I arrived here so many years ago I would have done anything to see Gus naked. Shelby, I know I’m not family and I don’t want to overstep the line but, are you angry?”


“I can’t be angry.  I know where he is every Monday.  I know he’s getting fucked most of the time but he comes back and shows me he loves me. I know he feels bad sometimes but it is harder for him not to be with Seth.  I knew when I married him….I just never thought he would fall in love with someone else.”


“Shelby, why don’t you go sleep in one of the other rooms.  I’ll stay in here with him. You need to get some sleep so you can deal with your kids in the morning. One parent under the weather is enough.”


“Thanks, Danny.  I really appreciate it and you’re right.  The kids will be up in a few hours. He will be alright, won’t he?”


“He is going to hurt like hell in the morning but he will be fine. Now go to sleep.  I will take care of him.”


Danny laid down on the far side of the bed and slept until he woke to Gus whimpering.  “Hey, Gus, hold on. I will get you some meds and put on some of the cream the doctor gave you.”


“Danny? I called you, didn’t I?  I’m sorry. I was pretty high when I called.”


“It’s alright.  Shelby is sleeping down the hall.  She will get the kids off to school and then I will leave.” As he spoke he gave Gus a couple of his pills and then slipped on a glove and put some cream on it.  “I will try to make this fast and hopefully not too painful.”  


“Danny, I have to go to the bathroom.  Damn, I don’t want to but I need to.”


“I think the doctor gave you something that should help but I’m not going to lie.  It is not going to be pleasant. If you can wait a few minutes and let the numbing take effect…”  Danny saw Gus’ face as he gently applied the medication.


“You are probably loving this.  You always did want a go at me.”  Gus laughed a bit. “Thanks, Danny, for everything you’re doing.”  A half hour later, Gus, was feeling grateful again when Danny came in the bathroom and helped him cleanup.  It was obvious how painful it had been for Gus. He had wiped his face but the pain was still obvious. Danny helped him wash up and then supported him as he walked back to bed and got in.  As he relaxed and went back to sleep, he mumbled something about Shelby and having babies. Danny had to smile. He was sure he was comparing what he just went through to labor.  


When Danny was sure the kids were gone, he went down and had a cup of  coffee and filled Shelby in before he left to get some sleep. He had to drive back to school this afternoon and he needed to get a couple more hours of sleep first.  As promised he called Brinn on his way home and let her know Gus had done well through the night.


Shelby went up to be with Gus once Danny left.  He was sleeping but she got into bed with him and looked at his beautiful face.  His eyes flickered open. “I’m sorry, Shelly. It was all my fault.”


“I am not out to find fault.  I just want you better. I love you, my darling Gussy.”


“Oh, Shelly, I love you, too.  I know I worried you. I didn’t mean to.  Don’t be mad at Seth.”


“Gus, it is too soon to talk about him.  I just can’t….” Gus took her in his arms and kissed her.  Just then she broke away from him and jumped out of bed, running to the bathroom.  She threw up. It had been an upsetting night and drinking coffee on an empty stomach was probably very stupid.  She went back out and went to get breakfast for both of them.



The week rushed by.  By Thursday Gus went into the office for a couple hours.  Seth stuck his head in. They had texted but not talked since Monday.  “G, I’m so…”


“Don’t say it.  It was not your fault. I don’t want to hear about it again.  Monday we’ll have dinner, watch a movie or play music. I love you Seth and if we can’t have sex, I still want to be with you.”


Seth came  in and dropped to his knees putting his head in Gus’ lap.  “I love you, Gus. I…..I will see you Monday.”


Gus caught Seth’s chin as he began to stand.  They kissed long and sweet. Gus stroked his face, “I love you, Seth.” 



Zach was not happy with Caitlin spending the night with Matty but he knew she was an adult, and as much as he hated the thought of it, he was sure Matty wouldn’t hurt her.  So on Friday at the end of the day. Matty went to the office to get Caitlin. He had reservations made at his favorite restaurant in town and at lunchtime he had run out to the vineyard and set up the living room and bedroom for a romantic evening.  He had to admit as he put a rose on his great uncles’ bed, that it was a bit like staying at a haunted house. The stories he had heard about this bed almost made him nervous but he preferred to think about how much Brian and Justin loved each other and he was sure this room had only good spirits.


By the time Caitlin and Matteo finished dinner and drove out to the vineyard, Caitlin was a bit nervous.  As they walked into the house she heard music playing. Matty had put his playlist on the house sound system and he flipped a switch and the fireplace roared.  He took her into his arms and she melted into his arms. Other than dropping a kiss on her cheek or her nose, Matty didn’t do anything other than hold her as they swayed to the music.  As time went on Matty’s arms got a little tighter around her waist and he pulled her close, letting her feel his need.  


“May I take you to the bedroom?”  She answered him by tightening her arms around his neck and she kissed him, putting her whole heart into it.  When she moved away a bit he led her to the bedroom.  


The room was obviously a man’s sanctuary but the scent of the single rose wafted in the air. Matteo pulled his own shirt off and then reached for hers.  She automatically lifted her hands as he tugged her blouse upward.  


“You are so beautiful,” he softly said in her ear and he pulled her close again.  Feeling the heat of skin on skin upped the attraction factor. Cait made the next move.  She undid the snap on his fly and then, moving her hands to his lower back and then she slipped her fingers under the waistband.  She heard a rumble low in his throat and then she felt her skirt fall to the floor.


“Matty, please make love to me.”  He picked her up and carried her to the bed where he laid her down gently and then stood up and dropped his briefs.  He tugged off her scrap of lace and then she sat up enough to undo her bra and slipped it off. They began the magic dance or stroking and kissing and touching.  From their play earlier in the week Cait knew to place her feet flat on the bed. 


“Amore, I will be gentle but it may hurt just a little. Let me know if I need to slow down.  He slipped on a condom and then spent a little time stroking her, inside where he could feel her heat but also rubbed her clit until she was beginning to buck a bit.  He posed himself between her legs and then he moved into her. He moved forward until he felt a little resistance. He lowered his mouth to hers and then in one smooth movement he was in.  He had felt her react as he pressed forward but soon his strokes in and out had her gasping. He adjusted his angle enough that he brushed her clit with every move and then he felt her tighten around his cock as she cried out and he exploded at the same time.


“God, that was amazing,” Caitlin said as she took a deep breath.  


“I didn’t hurt you too much, did I?”


“Oh, Matteo, you were so gentle while being so ….so...God, I have to leave in a couple of days. I mean I probably won’t have another chance to see you. And I’m not trying to smother you or make you feel like I think we have something ….”


“Caitlin, that wasn’t normal.  Not for a first time and not for a couple that have been together frequently.  That was….you and I seem to have a chemistry. Maybe this bed is enchanted or something.  Where do you go to school again?”


“I go to school in New Orleans so I live there during the week but home is only about an hour away so a lot of weekends I go home.”


“Well, maybe I will have to visit my mother more often.  Maybe I will have to look into taking classes down there.”


“Don’t tease me, Matty.  Please, don’t get my hopes up.”


“Amore.” 


“Do you speak Italian?”


“Not as fluently as I would like to be.  My Papa taught me but I was never that interested.  Amore is what Papa calls my dad, especially when they are going to….you get the picture.”

 

They laid there together making small talk and then made love once more.  It was nearly 2:00 a.m. before they slept in each others arms. As he listened to her sleep, for the first time Matty seriously thought about going to college.  He wasn’t sure what classes he would take but he made up his mind he would be spending more time in New Orleans. He knew his dad flew that way frequently. Maybe he should go along for the ride now and then.”  He pulled her in closer and fell asleep.