- Text Size +

Chapter 5


“Brinn, I miss her.  Why do I miss her? I’ve never missed a lover before?”  Matteo stood in the middle of the lab Monday morning while Brinn typed at the monitor.


“Matty, those are called emotional feelings, just not sex.  I’m not trying to say you are in love with her but it means you care about her on a deeper level.  Now, I don’t want to be rude but I have to focus. Check with My John and see when he is flying that way.  Mom would love to see you and maybe you could be down there over Valentine’s Day? You know we can live without you here a couple weeks, although if you decide to stay down there permanently, let me know because we will need to replace you.  Now, brother dear, leave me alone.” Brinn tilted her cheek and he kissed her and started to leave.


“By the way, you don’t have to call my dad My John.”


“He may belong to Tony, but he will always be My John.”  After Matty had left, she pulled out her phone and texted Caitlin. ‘Don’t make plans for Valentine’s Day’.   She realized her dads had been gone a month already. It sounded like they were having a great time and were just about to leave Japan for Singapore.  What she found funny was that they had made friends with a couple sisters who were going there with them. But now she needed to get to work. She had been so distracted lately.  First the injury with Gus and the last couple weeks Zach was having more problems. Why couldn’t she figure this out? She could feel that she was close to a small breakthrough but she just couldn’t seem to think it through.   She went back to the microscope and refocused.



Gus was almost 100% recovered.  Shelby had done her best to talk him out of spending time at Seth’s but after he promised they were just going to watch a movie for the third Monday in a row.


“Gus, I just...you know I like Seth but if you get injured it affects all of us.”  Shelby said as she sat at her desk at the house and Gus was in his office.


Gus ran his hands through his hair.  He had just gotten out of the shower and was going to put on fresh jeans and a shirt before going up to Seth’s apartment. “Shelly, you know I would never do anything that would hurt you and our kids.  I love you.”


“At least come home tonight?”


“That wouldn’t make sense, Shel.  I have to leave super early in the morning.  Remember, John is flying me to Colorado for a meeting but I should be home by 5:00 and I promise I will come straight home and you and I ….  God, I just got hard thinking about your body. I love you Shelby Jones Kinney.”


“Oh, I love you, too, Gussy.”  They said goodbye and Shelby felt a flutter in her stomach.  She pressed her hand there. She was ready for Gus to be given the all clear from the doctor, not that it had slowed them down after the first week.   


There was a soft knock at the door.  “Hey, Gus, you in there?”


“Ya, come on in, John.” His cousin came through the door.  “What are you doing here? I didn’t think I would see you until morning.”


‘I was just going past so thought I’d stop instead of call.  I’m picking you up here at 5:00 a.m., right?”


“Yes, I just talked to Shelby and she isn’t expecting me at home.”


“Gus, I don’t know how you do it. I mean, Tony wears me out.  How do you do it with two?”


“I’m a lot younger than you are,” Gus laughed.


“That’s enough of that.  Remember I am flying the plane tomorrow.”


“Oh, I love you, John.” They both laughed.


“I just wanted to run something past you.  I talked to Dan already but wanted to just run it past you.  I have a son who thinks he needs to see a girl. You don’t need me at the end of the week for anything, do you?”


“No, Matty has been bitten?” 


“He wants to be with Caitlin in New Orleans for Valentine’s Day so I was thinking I’d fly him down on Thursday and then I can be home on Friday to be with Antony.”  John’s voice went soft when he said his husband’s name.


“Sure, everyone deserves to be with someone they love.”


“Who are you going to be with?”


“Shit, John,  it is the hardest holiday for me.  I mean I love them both but I really think I need to be with Shelby.  I mean I want to be with her but I hate to leave Seth alone, too. This is the first year he doesn’t have Bella around.  So hard…”


“Better than you than this old man.” He hugged his cousin.  “I better get going so I can love my man and then go to sleep.  I am so glad he is out of the hotel. I love him having a more 9 to 5 job, even though it is usually 6 when he gets home.”


“Tell Matty to have a good time.  Is he staying a few days?”


“He hasn’t decided when he will fly back yet.  I told him he might have to pay for his own ticket if I am busy.  I know he isn’t in love but this is the first time he has shown interest in the girl and not just her body, although she is stunning.”


“John, I didn’t know you still had an eye for the ladies!”


“I can look but Tony knows he has nothing to worry about.”  


Seth walked into the office, “Oh, John, I didn’t realize you were…”


“I am on my out.” He kissed Gus.  “I’ll see you at 5:00. Hear that Seth?  He needs to be ready to go at 5:00 a.m.”


“Ok, I’ll make sure he’s asleep by 3:00.” Seth pulled Gus close.  They were still very careful in public but the family all knew and Seth didn’t hold back in front of the men.  John slipped out of the office as Seth claimed his mouth.  


Gus nearly climbed Seth.  “I was given the Ok. Oh, god, Seth it has been over three weeks since I have had any back door….”


“I am not going to screw you, G.  I just can’t. You aren’t ready for me.”


“Fine, just use anything you can find….God, I just want to feel….”


Gus felt his pants sliding down and Seth’s finger began to run up and down his crack.  Gus nearly lost it just at his touch. Seth moved behind Gus and bent him so he was laying across the desk.  Seth sat in Gus’ office chair and began to run his tongue up and down as Gus almost babbled from the pleasure. When Seth reached between his legs and began gently massaging his nuts Gus nearly wept.  


“Oh, please, Seth, I need to feel you inside….”


Seth’s tongue entered him several times and then he slipped his finger in all the way. As he began to slide in and out Gus lost it.  He wasn’t sure what he was saying but he was babbling and as Seth focused on his prostate Gus nearly passed out from the electricity that ran through him.  When Seth finished with his tongue, Gus just sighed as his body trembled.


Brinn and Zach drove home after working late.  They had picked up a pizza and a salad before leaving town.  Brinn didn’t like the way Zach looked. His coloring was not good.  She had insisted on driving so he could relax and he took a couple hits off his inhaler. Brinn hated when this happened.  She felt so helpless and Brinn Taylor Kinney was not used to feeling helpless.


“Chase, I think we should have gone to Urgent Care.  You don’t sound good.”


“Please, Brinn,” Zach said softly.  “They never do anything accept make me there alone. Your bath mix helps almost more than any medication.”


They pulled into their garage and Brinn carried in the food while Zach leaned on her.  She dropped the food on the counter and helped him to the bedroom. As he sat on the bed to undress, she started the water.  She loaded the water with her herbal mix and turned on the steamer they had put in there just for him. She helped him into the tub and he tried to relax.


“I will be back in a couple minutes, Chase.” She kissed his cheek and forehead.  She left the bathroom and nearly sobbed out loud. She wanted her daddy. He would come over and hug her and tell her it would be alright.  She thought about calling Gus but he was with Seth and she wouldn’t bother him.  


Brinn walked out to the kitchen and put the pizza into a warm oven and put the salad in the refrigerator.  She took time to text Danny, ‘Chase isn’t good. Wish you were here.’ As she walked back to the bedroom she started to undress and then heard her phone.  She looked at the message. ‘You know what to do Tia. I know you can do this.’


She took a deep breath.  She felt a little better just knowing someone was thinking about them.  Brinn slipped in with Zach. He was leaning back taking as deep a breath as he could.  She tapped his shoulder and he slipped forward and she got in behind him. She moved her arms under his and rested her hands on his chest.  She had learned to almost feel the tightness.  


“Breathe, Chase, breathe deeper,” she felt him try and he coughed hard.  She could hear his lungs rattle. Once he settled down she again told him to breathe deep. They repeated this several times and finally he was able to breathe deeper and she felt him relax.  Brinn moved so she could stand up. “Why don’t you stay in a few more minutes. I am going to go check on the pizza and make sure it is still warm. I’ll be back in a few minutes.”


As Brinn slipped into her robe she thought she heard something in the hall.  She grabbed her phone in case she had to call 911 when she noticed a message.  It was Dan. ‘I’m in your house’ it said. She opened the door and saw him standing at the end of the hall. She ran at him and threw herself in his arms as she sobbed.


“I heard you needed a dad.  I know I can’t take their place but will I do?”  Brinn couldn’t talk but he felt her nod. After a couple minutes, he asked, “How is he doing?  I am guessing better if you are out here.”


“Yes, he is better. Thanks, Uncle Dan.  You are just about as good as my dads,” she gave him a faint smile.  


“Is there anything I can do for you, Brinn?”


“You just did it.  I was just checking on our pizza and then I get him in bed and we will eat dinner there. At least I hope he’ll eat.”


“Would you like me to do anything?”


She stood on her tiptoes and kissed Dan’s cheek, “Leave? Zach always feels like a burden so if he knows you came…. I love that you came, Uncle Dan.  I needed that hug.”


“You call if you need anything, Brinn.  And his pride is important but if it is best for him, don’t let him talk you out of getting help. What am I saying? No one has ever been able to talk you out of something.”  He kissed her cheek and gave her one more big hug. “Call if you need me. You go back in to him. I will make sure the pizza is good.”


Brinn entered the bathroom and saw he was breathing much easier and seemed very relaxed. She bent over and kissed him.  He sighed and reached up to put his arms around her neck. 


“You’re getting me all wet,” she said playfully.”


“I’d like to get you wet another way.”


“Flicking your tongue like that in and out of my mouth is having that effect but let’s eat something and then if you are feeling well enough I would love to be dessert.” She offered her hand and he stood up.  He was so beautiful naked and wet, she had to let her hand slide down his front, gently grasping his balls and cock. “I love you, Zach Chase. I can’t wait until we are married and have kids someday.”


“Brinn, you know kids aren’t in the cards.”


“No, I know we can’t have kids the normal way, although I plan to continue to practice, but we can have a child or two or three.  It will just take a doctor to assist. You know that. And by now you know money isn’t an issue. I am going to carry your baby some day, Chase.


Zach wrapped his arms around her neck and softly said, “I don’t deserve you, Lulu.”


“I know, you deserve so much more.”  Brinn kissed him and took his hand. She helped him on with this robe.  “Hope you’re hungry. The pizza smells good.” They walked into the kitchen and there were two plates and the pizza sitting there and the salad was next to it.  Dan did good, Brinn thought.


After a lot of coaxing, Zach ate two pieces of pizza and some salad before he couldn’t sit up anymore.  Brinn pushed everything into the refrigerator and walked back to the bedroom with him. She took off his robe and got his nebulizer going and put the mask on him.  She flicked on the fireplace and dropped her robe at the end of the bed before getting in bed next to him, snuggling into his arms. She felt his body relax and after he took off the mask, she had him turn on his back and began to thump his back.  This helped break up the mucus in his lungs. She knew they should do it twice a day, minimum. She made a mental note to get up earlier.


When she had finished, Zach turned to face her and he slipped his fingers into her, “I’m sorry, I’m too….”


The man had magic hands.  It only took seconds before she began to lose control.  She loved this man so much because he was caring and gentle, and GOD what he could do to her.  She cried out as he brought her to orgasm before he pulled her close, kissed her, and fell asleep.  Once she knew he was sound asleep, she snuck out of bed and went to the living room. She poured a glass of wine and called Danny.



Gus was almost afraid he would become dehydrated  from all the fluid he had lost tonight. He had cum so much all Seth had to do was look at him and he was hard again.  He used every toy he had that was thin and flexible. At one point Gus had a vibrator up his ass while he was buried deep in Seth’s ass.  He wrapped his arms around Seth’s waist and cried out as he came one more time. He kissed Seth’s shoulder blades and then separated from him.


“I need a shower and then some sleep.  That alarm is going off at 4:15.” Gus yawned.  He put a hand on either side of Seth’s face, “Thank you, Seth.”


“Any time, G,” his lips brushed against Gus’. “I love you, G.  I love you so much!” He pulled him tightly against him but then let him go except one hand and they walked to the shower.  As Seth washed Gus’ back he said softly, “You didn’t eat anything. You should eat something.”


“I’ll eat tomorrow.  Tonight I needed your love.”  He kissed Seth deeply once more and then quickly rinsed off.  


By the time Seth finished rinsing and drying off, Gus was already sleeping in bed. He slipped in behind him and draped an arm around him as he drifted off to sleep, wishing it could be this way every night.  He hated this bed when he was in it alone.


At 5:00 a.m. John was waiting for Gus.  He walked out the door and down the stairs.  He had his briefcase with him and John noticed how stunning Gus was.  He had always been a cute kid and a good looking young man, but he really was stunningly handsome.  


“Good Morning, John, and how was your evening?”


“It was good but obviously not as good as yours.  You look no worse for wear after last night.”


“I had an amazing night.  I….anyway, is there any place that has food this time of day? I kind of missed dinner and I am starving.”


“Well, then you should be excited that my darling husband of 18 years made as a breakfast basket of food.  Once we get in the air, you can eat and hopefully you will share with the pilot.”


“Bless your beautiful husband. I was afraid I would end up eating pretzels alone.  I hope there is some protein in there. I lost a LOT of protein last night.”


When they arrived at the airport, John did his checklist while Gus brought a few things into the plane while he waited.  Gus wasn’t sure what Tony had put in that basket but it smelled amazing. Soon John was in the cockpit and Gus strapped in next to him.  After they got in the air Gus opened the basket and found egg and sausage biscuits, along with apples and bananas and a carafe of hot coffee.


“You did pick a good man, John. This is just what I needed.”


After they ate in silence John was done eating and was just sipping some coffee as the plane was on autopilot.  “Gus, seriously, how long can you keep this up? As you get older, as your kids get older, can you continue this?  You are fortunate that Shelby has adjusted.”


“I try not to think about it.  I love my family but I love Seth, too.  He is such a special man but I can only give him one night a week and I think he deserves so much more.  He is an amazing man and an amazing lover.” Gus thought about it a moment, “But I could not live without Shelly and the kids.  I feel pain thinking about losing him but I would die without her.”


“John, I know there will be pain sometime.  He will decide someday he needs more and what is the likelihood that his new partner will be Ok with sharing him?” Gus paused a minute and then continued, “I will enjoy it while I can and I will deal with the broken heart when he leaves.”  Gus was silent for a minute. “You don’t think Shelby would leave me, do you? God, John, if you something, ever hear something…”


John reached over and took Gus’ hand.  “Your wife loves you. If I ever see that change I will smack you around and tell you to take care of her.”  He took a breath, “It’s that tingle, isn’t it?”


“Tingle?” Gus looked at John quizzically.


“When you think about Seth, deep inside your ass, it feels like electricity and it won’t stop until someone or something enters you and closes the circuit.  When Antony was working inn keeper’s hours I had it so often. When he finally fell into bed he was too tired and then I got up early to help with the morning rounds or had to fly out.  We never told anyone but we came close to separating. That was when Matty was having real troubles and if Brian hadn’t asked Tony to come work at the headquarters we may not have made it.  I don’t know if you heard but we are going to Ibiza at the end of the month.”


“Are the kids going with you or just the two of you?”  


“10 days at the villa, just the two of us.”


“It’s not the warmest time of the year.”


“I plan to keep it hot the whole time.” John laughed.


“Where is Jonna going?”


“We are taking her out of school and she will spend time in Italy with Tony’s family.  We will spend a couple days there on the way and on the way back.” He held up a finger as Gus was about to say something and then he responded to someone in his headset.


“Gus, please put away all the food stuff and stow the basket.  Then strap in.” John was all business now and Gus responded to his request.  “Once Gus was sitting and buckled in, John continued, “Gus, you have your priorities right.  I know your family comes first but you know self preservation is also important and if Seth keeps you happy and focused, he is what is best right now.  We will be landing very soon so I need to focus.”


Once they were on the ground and the men stood up, Gus kissed John and hugged him tightly.  “You know you’re right, I had a circuit that needed to be completed. And yes, that tingle needs to be taken care of for me to focus.  I will let you know when I finish my meeting. Set the flight for 4:00 although it could be earlier. I love you, cuz. Thanks for the advice.”


“I love you, too, Gus.  Family is everything and we have the best.”



Brinn and Danny had talked until early in the morning.  By the time she had crawled into bed she was exhausted. When her alarm went off she stretched and hit the snooze.  Zach rolled over, pinning Brinn under him. “Good morning, soon to be Mrs. Chase.”


“Well, Chase, I think I will be keeping Taylor-Kinney but that doesn’t mean I love you any less. How are you feeling this morning?”


“Good enough to make love to my gorgeous love,” he slid down her body and took first one and then the other of her breasts as his finger stroked her clit until it was her turn to have a hard time breathing and when he entered her, she could barely hold on for him to cum along with her. She dug her fingers into his back, causing him to explode first in her and then in his own chest.  He began to cough as he rolled off her. She immediately reached over and grabbed his mask and turned on the machine, as he put it on.


“I think you should stay home today, Chase.  You are worn out and could use some sleep.”


“But we were going to do the testing on your last formula.”


“When I come home, I will let you know how it went.”


Zach removed the mask and said, “I’m sorry.  I know I am a disappointment.”


“You have never been a disappointment, Chase,” she kissed him and put the mask back on.


“Why don’t you stay home and plan a nice dinner for us.  I need to go in and run those tests and I have a lunch meeting but then I could come home and you and I…” her hand slid down his body trying to touch every inch of his   skin until she got to his navel. Her finger traced around it over and over until she saw the effect it was having on him. “I will be home by 3:00. Let me know if I need to pick up anything from the grocery store for dinner. I love you, Chase!” Brinn headed to the bathroom for a quick shower before heading off to work.


As she backed the car out of the garage she saw Dan pull up.  She rolled her window down as Dan approached. “Hi, Uncle Dan.”


“Just checking that Zach is doing alright this morning.”


“He is better but I made him stay home today.  Thanks for coming last night. I was just a little…”


“Brinn Taylor-Kinney, you have always been the toughest kid I know and although you are a grown up you are still 19 years old.  I’m glad I could be here to give you a hug. I know your dads would do the same thing for my kids. Have you heard from your dads?”


“They try to do a video call every week and we send emails,” she looked at Dan. “Is something wrong, Uncle Dan?”


“I haven’t even told Marcus yet but a woman contacted me telling me she’s Hannah’s aunt.”


“Oh, no, Dan!  What are you going to do?”


“I already have my investigators working on it.  Actually, Tyler flew out this morning to do some research.  Please don’t tell Marcus. I plan to tell him as soon as I hear from Tyler and I know whether any of what she said is true.”


“Please, let me know what you find out and if the Taylor-Kinney empire can help in any way, you know it is at your disposal.”


“I know, Brinn.  I’ll keep you in the loop.  If anything happens, Danny might need his best friend if anything happens.”


“Of course, I’m always here for Danny.”  


By the end of the week,  Zach was feeling much better and had a surprise planned for Brinn for Valentine’s Day.  She deserved a perfect weekend. Brenda had volunteered to take any children that needed a place and Molly was glad to know that Tyler would be home so they decided to go to Brian and Justin’s house so they would be alone, too. 


John had flown Matty down to New Orleans on Thursday, the 13th and he waited outside Caitlin’s dorm.  He saw her talking to a group of friends as she came nearer. One of the girls giggled and pointed at the good looking guy hanging out by the door. Caitlin followed her finger and screamed as she ran into Matteo’s arms.  He picked her up and swung her around as his mouth came down on hers. After a few moments they realized they had an audience.  


“I take it this is your Matteo,” a girl’s voice came through their haze.  


“Oh, yes, everyone, this is Matty.  Matty, this is everyone,” Cait turned her mouth back to his and her friends left them.  Eventually they separated. “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?”


“Zach asked if you were staying at school, didn’t he?”


“Yes, he did. He was asking for you?”


“Yes, I wanted to make sure you’d be here.”


“How long are you going to be here?”


“A couple weeks, I think.  I know you are busy but I can spend a little time with my mom, too.” He also planned to check into applying to attend in the fall.  He had been looking into what they offered and, although he wasn’t sure what he wanted to do yet, he thought he could at least take some of the basics, if this trip went well.


“Oh, Matty, I have to get to another class. I can’t miss it.  And I have a lot of work….”


“Caitlin, may I take you out for Valentine’s Day?”


“Of course,” Caitlin melted at the way Matteo was being formal.


“What time would you like me to pick you up?”


“I am done with classes at 3:00,” she thought out loud.  “Would 6:00 be alright?”


“6:00 sounds perfect.  Will you spend the night with me?”


“Oh, of course, Matty.  We aren’t staying at your mom’s are we?”


“No, I have a hotel suite for tomorrow night, actually.  I am hoping you have enough time to do that but if you don’t I understand.”


“That sounds amazing, Matteo,” she kissed his cheek.


Taking her in his arms, he whispered into her ear,  “I can’t wait to love you.”


As Caitlin moved out of his arms to the door, she felt the heat he caused deep in the pit of her stomach. Did he just say he loved her.  No, well, sort of. She had to concentrate so she could spend the weekend in bed with him. With that she ran through the door.



Gus felt very torn.  Yes, he was going to spend the evening with his wife but he knew Seth would be alone.  At least he knew Wine and Design would be busy so Seth would have people around him. Gus slipped up to his apartment while Seth was out and left him a card and one rose. He had written in the card, ‘If I could be two places at once I would be here with you.  You are an amazing man and deserve all the best in the world. I love you, Seth. G’.


As Gus got into his truck to go home, he found a card in the cab.  ‘G, I know you are torn tonight. Don’t be. Our love isn’t traditional so we don’t need a traditional holiday to celebrate our love.  See you Monday. Seth’. Gus nearly cried. It was no wonder he loved this man.


Gus stopped and picked up flowers. Shelby had said she wanted to make dinner for them so they could spend the whole night alone.  He arrived and the house smelled amazing. He didn’t see Shelby but there was a note on the counter. ‘Go shower and dress up a bit.  Jeans are fine. I love you. Shel’.


Gus came down 15 minutes later in a nice pair of jeans and royal blue button down.  Shelby was standing with her back to him, chopping up salad ingredients. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck.  She was always beautiful but tonight she had pulled her hair up and slipped into a little dress. She had found the flowers he had left on the counter and had put them in a vase on the table.


She turned and pressed against him as he pulled her tightly against him.  “I want to just rip that dress off of you and...he slipped his hand under her dress and she sighed when he realized she had nothing on under it and his fingers began to work their way. She frantically unbuckled his belt and moved his pants down as he pulled up her dress and as he lifted her up a bit he thrust into her.  She balanced herself with her arms on the counter as he moved in and out of her. He was surprised how fast he felt her build and then as she clamped around him, they came together as she wrapped her arms and legs around him and buried her face in his neck.  


“Gus,” she said softly, “I think we’re going to have another baby.”  Gus stiffened as he held onto her tightly. “Gussy, you aren’t unhappy are you?”


“Oh, no, Shelly! I am ….” he kissed her holding onto her tightly.  “Another baby, how are you feeling? Have you been sick? Do you have any idea when?”


“It had to be around New Year’s Eve.  I haven’t been really sick but a little queasy a couple times. Oh, and did I mention I am horney as hell!” She started kissing him again and began sliding on him, feeling him growing again.  It wasn’t long before they again had both climaxed and Shelby pulled her skirt down as Gus pulled up his pants. He opened some wine and then opened a bottle of non alcoholic wine for Shelby.  


As they sat by the table, Gus picked up his wine glass and Shelby did the same. “Shelly, I love you.  I am so glad I married 10 years ago and as soon as the doctor says all is well with you and the baby, I can’t wait to tell all our friends and family. They kids are going to be so excited.” He raised his glass to hers and touched it gently. “I love you more today than 10 years ago.” When the meal was finished, Gus sent Shelby up to get in the tub.  He promised to be there as soon as he got the food put away. As he cleaned up he worried, what if Shelby couldn’t handle this pregnancy. Was it safe?


“Gussy?”  He looked up and saw Shelby standing at the top of the stairs naked. “The bath is ready,” she purred.


“I will be there in two minutes.” Gus felt his body react instantly, as he threw dirty dishes in the sink and the food in the fridge.



Dan walked over from the office to find Marcus dressed very nicely and Hannah came running into his arms.  “Dad, Daddy said I get to go play with the big kids and have a sleep over. He said you have to change and hurry up.  I’m going to miss you tonight. I love you.”


Dan had to laugh.  Hannah never stopped talking these days.  He hugged her tightly and kissed her. “Well, darlin’, I don’t want to upset Daddy.” He set her down and walked over to Marcus, who was standing there in khakis and a sports jacket.  He pulled him close. “You look good enough to eat, which by the way, I plan to do later.” He heard Marcus sigh. “I will be down in 20 minutes.” He sprinted to their room. How was he ever going to tell Marcus that they could lose their daughter?  The first year Marcus jumped every time he an unknown number called. Four years later it would kill him. Who was he kidding, it would kill him to lose that girl. But tonight was for love. He would tell him after he saw the report.


Dan was true to his word.  20 minutes later he had Hannah in his arms and Marcus was carrying her overnight bag to the car.  They would drop her off and have a wonderfully romantic evening before going home and making love for hours.  Tomorrow he would face the future.



Tyler stepped off the plane with John.  They had made it home just in time to spend Valentine’s with their spouses.  Both Molly and Tony were waiting at the airport and as their men walked off the plane they met them.  Tyler picked Molly up and spun her. “I missed you so much this week, Taylor.”


“I missed you to, Harris.” As he set her down on the ground she slid her hands to his ass and squeezed.  “I know you have a bag but I packed an overnight bag for you. Your mom has all the kids and we are going to the vineyard.  It’s our turn to see what ‘s so special about that California King in my brother’s room.”


“Are you sure straight sex is allowed in that room?”


“I won’t tell them if you don’t.”  Molly kissed him once more before waving at John and Tony and getting into their vehicle and driving away.


John and Tony vaguely heard Molly and Tyler leave but they were glued together.  “Where’s my girl?” John asked when they separated.


“Our daughter is at Molly’s with Brenda.  We have the house to ourselves until noon tomorrow.  I have dinner waiting for us. The hotel chef created something special for us but, damn, it won’t be ready for a couple hours.  Do you think we can find something to do in that time?”


“I have to go lock up the plane.” He grabbed Tony’s hand and they started to run to the plane. “Have you ever made love in the cockpit of a plane?”


“Well, I can’t say that I have?” Tony replied as John shut the door to the plane.



Matty had spent the day with Tina but now he was on his way to meet Caitlin.  He had flowers and a small box back at the hotel room and he had ordered a special Valentine’s dinner to be delivered to their suite.  Matty walked to the dorm and found Caitlin waiting in the lobby, along with about 20 of her dorm mates who were sitting around trying to look like they were all there for some reason other than to see Caitlin’s boyfriend. Matteo had put on a pair of trousers and a sports jacket and when he walked over to Cait he gently put an arm around her waist and gave her a gentle kiss.  


“Sei bellissima, Caitlin.”


“I didn’t know you spoke Italian.”


“I wish I had learned more from Papa. He tried but I didn’t want to learn.” He looked down at Cait’s feet and saw she was wearing flats. “I am glad you are wearing flats.  Do you mind walking? It is only a few blocks.”


“I would walk five miles if you hold my hand.”  Matteo extended his hand and took hers. He took her overnight bag from her and put it on his shoulder.  As they left the building he could hear the other girls start talking loudly. 


Matty smiled down at her and said, “What was that all about?”


“They thought I was making you up.  They didn’t think anyone could be as perfect as you are.”


He stopped walking and turned to face her and he brought his mouth down to hers.  This time the gentleness was gone and there was a need in this kiss. Her arms went around his neck as he pulled her closer. When the separated he looked into her eyes. “I think we should get some exercise.”  They started walking very quickly. 


When they arrived at Maison de la Luz the doorman held the door open, “Welcome back, Mr. Montefiore. Good evening, young lady.”


“This is my friend, Ms. Chase, Steve. Our dinner should be arriving in about an hour.  Please send them up to our suite when they arrive.”


“My pleasure, Mr. ….”


“Matteo, please,” he slipped him a $50.00 bill.


“My pleasure, Matteo.” 


Matty slipped his arm around Caitlin’s waist and guided her to the elevator.  “You have done a lot of traveling, haven’t you?”


“I guess so.  Mainly I lived in motels most of my life.  My papa managed two of them for Uncle Brian but we also went to visit my grandparents in Italy every year and sometimes we went to Ibiza.”


“I don’t even know where that is!”  Cait said as they walked off the elevator and Matty opened the door to their suite.  “Wow, I didn’t need, we didn’t need…. This place is amazing. I have never been in this nice a place.”  


“Did I tell you how stunning you are tonight?”


Caitlin blushed, “It is obvious why you have been with so many women, and a few men.  What’s it like to be with a man? I mean does it feel a lot different?”


“It is a lot tighter and it isn’t as cushioned...I that isn’t the right word.”


“I think I understand.  Would you ever fall in love with a man?”


“I can never say never but I enjoy a woman’s curves and soft spots.” He kissed the top of her breasts and then slid his tongue into her cleavage.  He stood up and smiled down at her, “Our dinner will be here in a little bit. Oh, these are for you.” He guided her to the table where there was a vase of flowers.


“They are beautiful.  Matty, have you seen Zach lately?”


“Well, sure.  I work with him.”


“How is he?  I have gotten some texts from him and from Brinn but I get the feeling they aren’t telling us everything.”


“Oh, I…. I know he’s had a couple rough days this week but he’s fine.  Brinn takes great care of him.”


“I knew it.  I know she takes care of him.  She’s so smart but I want to know if my brother…”


Matteo pulled her close.  “Last time I saw him he was preparing a very special Valentine’s Day for my sister and looking good.  I promise if he starts looking shaky, I’ll let you know. You could always come check him out on your spring break?”  He looked hopefully into her eyes. “And don’t tell me you can’t afford it. That isn’t a reason. Either Dad can pick you up or I can get you a ticket.  You should never have to worry about money.” He started to kiss her again just as there was a knock on the door. Matty stepped back. “I hope I chose well for dinner. I tried to get a few things New Orleans is famous for.  I ordered several different seafood dishes and gumbo, as well as some fried chicken. Of course, I had to order some Bananas Foster and Pralines for dessert. I also made arrangements for Beignets to be delivered about 8:00 a.m. for breakfast.”


Matty opened the door and tipped the delivery person.  Everything was in an insulated bag and Matty carried it over to the table and began to empty it onto the table.  “Oh, shit, I forgot plates. I was going to get real plates but I guess we will have to settle for the disposable ones they sent along.”  He looked so dejected. “I wanted tonight to be perfect.”


“Matty, tonight will be perfect.  You remembered more than most 30 year olds would remember.”


“If you haven’t noticed, my family has a lot of almost perfect men. Well, they are perfect to the public.”


They began to open containers.  “I didn’t see any flaws,” Cait said, teasing him a bit.


Matty laughed, “Ya, I know they are all good looking and my dads, well, you know I love them but when I was younger they went through a rough patch.  Papa was working crazy hours and Dad was flying a lot. I think Papa may have or almost had an affair but they got back on track. They always loved each other but they lost sight of that for a little while. And I didn’t help at that time.  I had a rough spot. I think I have started figuring out what I want and right now. I want to eat this food and then I want to spend the rest of the night ….” he squeezed her hand across the table. “Checking out the amenities in the room.”.  


“You do know, I will have to compare every guy I date to you.”  


“Well, I hope I have set a high enough standard that you won’t go out with any idiots.” He looked at her a little unsure, “Have you gone out with anyone? I mean I have no claim on you.  You can do…”


“Matteo, I am too focused on my classes to go out with the boys that are here.  I know they are older than you but they are so much less mature. They don’t have a clue who they are.  They may know what they want to do but you know who you are and what you want to do will come to you.”


Matty kissed the palm of her hand. “I hope that’s true. Let’s eat before this is all cold.”




 Zach had left work by noon and told Brinn to let her know when she would get home.  He barely arrived at the house when there was a knock on the door. He opened the door and a young man stood there. “George?” Zach extended his hand and led him inside with all his bags of food.  “I hope the kitchen is up to your standards.”


The young chef looked around at the amazing kitchen.  “This place is great. Wow! I rarely get to work in a place like this.”


“Well, I know you brought all your supplies but if you find out you  need something I am sure we have it here. Brinn’s daddy set her up with everything but my future wife has not time to cook.  This will be the first big meal made here.”


“I can’t believe this house.  But, I need to focus and have this meal ready for you and be out of here by the time she arrives.”


“I will be in our bedroom.  I have a medical condition so I am going to do all my therapy, hoping I will be able to….well, that’s enough details for you.” They both laughed.


George walked over to a picture of Brinn and Zach.  “This is your fiance?”


“Yes, that’s Tia Brinn Taylor Kinney.”


“Wow, that’s a mouth full.  She is stunning. Does she work at that lab in town?”


“Yes, she is in charge of the lab.  As beautiful as she is, her brain overshadows it.”


“You are a lucky man.” George set the picture down and went back into the kitchen.


“Yes, I am.”


By the time Brinn texted Zach, the house smelled amazing.  He had completed all his therapy and was just starting to chill the wine and had changed the sheets of the bed, putting on the pure silk set he had purchased. He then gently covered it with gardenia petals.  The room instantly filled with their scent. He responded that he couldn’t wait to see her.  


“Zach?”  he heard George’s voice.  


Zach walked out into the kitchen, “Hey, did you need something?”


“I hope you don’t mind, I used some of this wine,” he held up a bottle that was uncorked. “It was perfect to add to the apples for dessert. This is my all time favorite wine but it is so expensive.  Taylor- Kinney Vineyards… Didn’t you say your girlfriend’s name was…. Holy shit! ”


“Yes, I am engaged to the heiress of all of that.”


“I should have realized that we are on the vineyard grounds. I have always wanted to connect with this family.”


“Well, if everything is as good as it smells, I can make some introductions but for now, if everything is ready, Brinn is on her way.” He bent down and pulled out half a dozen bottles of wine. “Here take these with you.  There is more where that came from.”


As George quickly packed up he kept thanking Zach and as he finished Zach paid him, doubling what the bill was. George had barely pulled out when Brinn came into the garage.


“Who did I see leaving?” Brinn asked as she walked into the kitchen.  She froze in her tracks. “Zach, what did you do?”


Zach stood next to the table that had been set very elegantly by George. “This is beautiful.  You’re beautiful.” Brinn walked over and kissed him as he pulled her close.


“Happy Valentine’s Day, Lulu Star. Please, sit down,” he pulled out her chair. “Can I get you a glass of wine?”  He sat down next to her and poured each of them a glass. There were appetizers already on the table.


“How did you do all this?  Did you stop somewhere? I don’t recognize this from any of the menus around here.”


“I had a personal chef come in.  I really liked him and if this is as good as it smells, maybe we could hire him on a regular basis.”


“Oh, Zach, that sounds wonderful.  I would love to come home to real food some nights.”


The two sipped wine as they enjoyed their dinner.



Matteo and Caitlin finished the meal and Matty started some music. He was about to get up when he stopped. “Oh, wait a minute.” He got up and pulled something out of his bag and then sat down across from her. “I have a little something for you. If you don’t like it you can pick out something else.  I bought it near here so I won’t be insulted if you exchange it for something you like.” He handed her a long thin box. She opened it and nestled in white satin was a fine gold chain with six delicate butterflies spaced across it and each butterfly had a different gem in it. It was stunning.


“Oh, Matty.  I love it! I have never seen anything so beautiful.”  She held it out to him and he put it on her wrist. “It is perfect.  It is stunning.”


“Just like you, Cait,” he offered his hand and Caitlin took it.   As they danced slowly, he began to lower the zipper on her dress. He slipped his hand inside and spread his fingers on her bare skin.  He skillfully undid her bra and as he kissed her, he slipped the dress off her shoulders. Her fingers quickly undid his buttons and soon she was tugging at the end of the sleeves.  And finally he tugged at the sleeves while she undid his pants. It was kind of a free for all at that point. Shoes flew, underwear was tugged off and then they were on the bed. Matty tried to take his time but Caitlin had soon pushed him on his back and she lowered herself onto him.  


Through panting breath, Matteo managed to get out, “I have missed you, Caitlin.”  He reached out and began to stroke her clit as she moved up and down and together they orgasmed before she lay down on top of him.


“Oh, Matty, I love….that you are here.” She caught herself before the words came out, but she did love this boy.


“I’m glad I’m here, too,” he pulled her close as their heartbeats returned to normal.



Brinn and Zach ate their Beef Wellington and the rest of the amazing food George had made for them and now they were in the bath filled with bubbles. Brinn had slid onto Zach’s erection and wrapped her arms and legs around his body.  Brinn teased him by tightening around him and then loosening up again. Until he had fought his last fight. He sighed as he silently emptied himself into her. Her lips sealed with his and together they rode the waves of pleasure that rippled through them.


“Chase, this was perfect.  There is nothing better than being in your arms in our home, and seeing the color in your cheeks.”


“Lulu, you always bring color to my cheeks because I am always thinking about you like this. I love you so much and you have to put up with so much.”


“I ‘put up” with you because you own my heart.  Just like my dads always say. My heart wouldn’t beat if it didn’t belong to you.”


“Well, let’s see if that heart can speed up a bit.”  With that Zach turned her and bent her over the other side of the tub before he entered her from behind and now he ‘owned’ her.  He thrust in deep and hard and this time as they came loud and fast.  


“I love you, Zachary Chase.  I will love you until we are old and gray,” she shouted and then cried out in a violent orgasm. “I love you! I love you! I love you!” she continued to mumble as she regained control. 


“Let’s go to bed.” he said as he stood and stepped out and she followed.  They dried each other and as she slipped into the silk and flower petals, she pressed Zach down into the mattress and put on his breathing mask.  


“You are going to need all the help breathing you can get,” she said as she kissed her way down his body. 



And when they all eventually fell asleep in the arms of their partners, they knew they were loved.