- Text Size +

Chapter 10



Justin woke up around 3:00 a.m. and put on his robe.  “Sunshine?” Brian said sleepily.


“I’m going to check on Gussy,” Justin walked over and kissed him.  “I just need to see he’s alright.”


“Don’t be too long,” he ran his hand under Justin’s robe. “I’m awake now.”


Justin opened the door and walked silently over to the bed.  The light from the hall cast light across Gus’ face and all Justin saw was his little boy.  He remembered how scared he was when Gus was missing and when that guitar teacher nearly raped him.  He checked Gus’ water supply and then slipped out before he woke him. As he moved down the hall, he stopped at Brinn’s old room and opened the door.  His baby was getting married in less than two weeks. Where had the time gone? Wasn’t he just walking with her when she was teething? He felt a tear run down his cheek.  He knew he was being silly. She was living five minutes away and she was giving him another grandbaby. He walked to a shelf and picked up one of her teddy bears. He held it close.  He sometimes wished he was more like Brian. He didn’t just break down and cry. 


“Sunshine, everything all right?” Brian said softly, with light from the hallway silhouetting him.


“Ya, sorry, I didn’t mean to be gone so long.”


“Is Gus alright?”  Brian walked up behind him and Justin rested against him as Brian’s arms wrapped around him.


“Gus is sleeping, although his breathing is a little ragged.  And Brinn is Ok, too, isn’t she.”


“Brinn will be fine.  Two weeks in Bali and she will come back relaxed and a bit rounder.  Come back to bed, Sunshine.” One of Brian’s hands entered Justin’s robe and his fingers grazed over Justin’s cock.  Justin shivered. He turned and looked at his gorgeous husband. The light from the hall made his amber eyes appear to glow from the inside.


“I love you, Brian Kinney.  Last night you knew what I needed before I even realized it.  You have to promise me you will never leave me.”


“Ah, shit, Justin, you know I ‘m not going anywhere except to the bedroom with you.  I need more sleep and I can’t do that without you.”


The men lay facing each other for some time.  They kissed and touched and then Justin turned so his back was against Brian’s chest and Brian entered him.  Justin snuggled as far back as he possibly could and they slept.



Justin had checked on Gus and went to make him some breakfast.  He said he wasn’t hungry but Justin knew he should have something.  He was just starting a strawberry banana smoothie when he heard someone at the door.  He saw Brinn standing outside and went to open the door for her.  


“Daddy, am I welcome? I’m so sorry about the call yesterday.”


“Come in, Brinny.  You know you are always welcome here.”


Brinn threw her arms around Justin’s neck. “How is Gussy?”


“I think he is feeling a little better but his throat is still very sore.  I was just making him a smoothie. Did you have breakfast?”


Brinn got a sheepish look, “Ya, I can’t seem to get enough to eat.  George has been stocking our fridge regularly. I ate two pieces of some amazing quiche along with some fresh fruit salad.”


“That’s good.  You need to eat well. Are you off to work?”


“Yes, this is my last week for almost a month so I will be putting in some long hours.”


“Just remember to take care of yourself and my grandchild.”


“Our grandchild,” Brian strode up to Brinn and gave her a kiss on the top of her head while she hugged him.


“I will be right back.  I want to get this to Gus,” Justin moved toward Gus’ room.


Brinn looked up at Brian, “You’re mad at me, aren’t you.” She could feel his distance.


“Disappointed maybe. I didn’t call you yesterday because I was afraid of what I might say.  I know you have so much going on right now but none of us are just sitting around doing nothing.  And it’s not like Gus got sick on purpose.”


“I know but I was just….”


“You were just thinking about Tia Brinn.”


Brinn’s bottom lip began to quiver.  “Dad, I…. Say goodbye to Daddy.”


“I love you, Brinn.”


Brinn didn’t turn around as she walked out the door.


Justin came back into the kitchen about five minutes later, “Brinn left already?”


“She told me to say goodbye to you.”


“Brian, did you piss her off?”


“I just put a couple things into perspective. You know she can take it from me and she needed to come down a peg or two. How is Gus?”


“He’s sleeping again but he did drink the smoothie. I will check with Shelby and see if she can use a break a little later.”


“No, I will check on her.  You have enough to do here with Gus and I know there will be some wedding calls and you know what is going on there.  I think he may need some time with his Daddy if he feels up to it. Shelby is the love of his life but Seth….”


“You’re right. I have been wanting some time with him but we have all  been so busy.”


“He may have needed this to just slow down a bit but I’m sorry he has so much pain.”



Brinn arrived at the lab and Tammy saw her walk, no storm, past her office and heard the door to Brinn’s office slam.  Tammy gave her fifteen minutes and then she walked over to the door and knocked as she walked in. Brinn was sitting at her desk tearing through paperwork.  “I don’t want to talk to anyone!” but in the same breath, she continued, “How could he try to make me feel bad? Doesn’t he know everything I am going through.  He was just mean. I didn’t do anything!” Brinn continued on for another full minute.


“Glad you didn’t want to talk about it. Do I want to ask who put you in this lovely mood? I have only seen Zach dote on you and Danny has gone back home so I doubt you talked to him this morning.”


“I stopped by my dads and Dad was just mean.  He wanted to make me feel bad. Doesn’t he know everything that I have going on? I am getting married in ten days.  I am running this lab and trying to get enough done to be gone for three weeks and I can barely fit into my clothes.  My mom is coming and she always stresses me out and my mother in law is coming and I know she is going to look at me and know this baby isn’t her son’s and ….. Oh, Tammy, how do I convince her that I love her son more than anything in the world.”


Tammy collected Brinn in her arms.  Finally! Now she knew what was stressing her out the most.  “Oh, Brinn, breathe, sweetheart.”



After a long talk with Brinn, Tammy sent back to her office.  As soon as the door to her office closed Tammy called Brian. He was in his home office when his phone rang. “Hey Tammy, I am guessing my daughter arrived at work.”


“Yes, she is.  Did you wind her up on purpose?”


“Maybe.  She is being a bitch but I think something is bothering her that she doesn’t even realize. Did she talk to you?”


“Brian Kinney, you know your daughter very well.  After rambling about how mean you were the real issues came out.  First, she wants her mom there but she knows Tina’s presence might cause stress with more of the family.”


“She is right there. Tina has to cause trouble, although I’ve heard this husband is good with her. What else is bothering her?”


“I take it she and Zach’s mom get along well?” Tammy asked Brian.


“Yes, Camille has treated her like a daughter.  They were concerned first that Brinn was so young and she called us because, well, two fathers was not in her comfort zone but once she adjusted to that, she wanted to make sure we knew about the situation and that we supported the relationship.  She already knew Zach was in love.”


“Brinn is worried about Camille’s reaction to the pregnancy.  Obviously she knows this baby is not her son’s. Brinn doesn’t want to be rejected by this woman who really has treated her like a daughter, maybe more than her own mother ever did.”


Brian had to swallow hard at the thought of the pain this must be causing his daughter.  “Tammy, what time does Brinn usually have lunch?”


“She eats when I make her.  She rarely leaves the building.”


“I will be bringing both of you lunch right around noon.  It might get loud at first but I’ll clear the air with her.”


The call ended and Brian.  He found Justin in his studio, painting in just his briefs.  When he walked into the room, he saw the paintings he had done with Brinn several weeks ago.  “You really should show these somewhere. They are so stunning.”  


“I have been thinking about that. I plan to talk to Lindsay about doing a show in Pittsburgh.  I think it would be fun to have a show there. It’s been a long time since we spent any time there.”


“It has been a long time.  It would be good to spend a little time with Debbie and the guys.  Debbie is getting up there. Oh, the reason I came in here. I am going to bring lunch to Brinn and clear the air.  Tammy found out what is really bothering her and go figure, Tina is one of the issues.”


“If she has said anything….”


“No, part of it is she knows Tina adds stress to our lives. But even more than that,  She is worried about Camille’s reaction to the baby.”


“Oh, poor Brinny.  I never thought about that.”


“I will clear the air with her and then I am going to Shelby’s.  Miss Tally and I have a date while Shelby does some work for Janna’s Hope.  She has turned most of that over to others since Talia’s birth but there is some paperwork that needs her signatures so she is going to Becca’s office.”


Justin looked down to make sure he didn’t have any paint on him before he pressed himself against Brian. As he did so, he dropped the briefs and unzipped Brian’s fly.  “I hope you have time for a quick fuck. I need some inspiration.”


“Well, I always like to help an artist get inspired.”  Brian grabbed a long handled paint brush and dropped onto a stool.  As Justin pulled out Brian’s cock and bent over to take it in his mouth, Brian brought the handle of the paint brush down on his ass.  Justin jumped but didn’t let go of Brian’s dick. Brian tossed the brush and reached for Justin’s cock. “I’m sorry, but I don’t have a lot of time.” Brian stood up and had Justin bend over the stool before he thrust into him.  Justin grunted as he took him in. Brian thrust over and over until he grabbed Justin’s hips and held as he orgasmed. Justin fought his urge to cum and when Brian walked out of the room a few minutes later he was madly throwing cake on a canvas.



Brian arrived at the lab with three box lunches that included sandwiches, chips and dessert. He dropped one off at Tammy’s office and then continued on to Brinn’s.  Unless she had been watching the cameras she wouldn’t have seen him. He expected a major blowup before a meltdown. He took a deep breath and entered her office unannounced.


“Tam…. You aren’t done ripping me apart for the day? You had to follow me to work so I would make a scene here?  What do you want me to say? I’m a selfish bitch who is too self absorbed …” 


“I bought us lunch,” he dropped the boxes on the desk.


“I’m not hungry.”


“You might not be but my grandchild is.”  Brian saw the signs she was about to unravel.  He walked around the desk and opened his arms and Brinn stumbled into them. “Sweetheart, everything is alright.  Your daddy and I are here for you.”


Brinn cried for a while in Brian’s arms.  “Dad, you won’t fight with mom will you?”


“Justin and I will be complete gentlemen.  You know she isn’t our favorite person but you also know we will act like adults and would never ruin your wedding.”  Brian sat in her chair and guided her onto his lap. She curled up against him. “I know you are worried about your mom but there’s more isn’t there?” Brian handed her one of the boxes as he opened it for her. 


“Tammy called you, didn’t she.”


“We talked.”


“So you know.  What if Camille doesn’t love me anymore? She is the most wonderful mother in law I could have but she will know I was with someone else and stupid enough to get pregnant.”


“Oh, Brinn,  maybe you will just need to be straight with her.  You weren’t sure if Zach was coming back and you had an evening with a friend.  My guess is she won’t want details and she knows Zach left you. Reassure her how much you love her son and that the two of you are excited to raise this child.”


Brinn got off Brian’s lap and moved around to the other side of the desk.  “I really have been unbearable.”


“Well, yes, but don’t make any promises that you won’t do it anymore.  I expect the next 10 days you will be hell on wheels and your dad and I and your brother, well both of them, will do whatever we can to make it easier but Brinn, you need to lighten up a bit.”


By now she had eaten the sandwich and the bag of chips. Brian tossed her his chips and she eagerly opened it. “Is Gussy feeling better?”


“I think so.  Elliott said he could go home tomorrow.  He won’t be contagious by then. And our beautiful Tally is much better. What can we do to make it better?”


“You and Daddy always make it better.  I’ll call you if something comes up.”


“And by next week at this time we will be in San Francisco getting the final details in place.”


“Daddy, thank you for coming. I know I have been terrible and I know you and daddy…”


“Tia Brinn, I love you and while you eat my cookie, I better head over to Shelby.  I told her I would take Talia for a while so she could do a little work.”


“Thanks, Dad, for lunch and the talk. I feel a lot better.” Brinn stood and hugged Brian for a long while. He kissed her and left, waving at Tammy as he passed her office.


Gus came out of the room long enough to eat some soup with Justin but when he had finished, he was ready for a nap.  


“Do you mind if I join you? I promised your pops I would rest this afternoon.  Who knew weddings were so stressful.” Gus put his arm around Justin and together they walked back to the room. They both stripped to their briefs and got into bed. Justin woke 90 minutes later and he faced his son.  He had to reach out and brush his curls off his forehead.  


Gus moved closer to his dad.  I can’t believe how tired I am but I think my throat might be a little less sore.”


“I’m glad,” Justin kissed his cheek.  “Gus, how are you with the whole Seth leaving?”


Justin saw Gus’ expression drift away.  “Daddy, I miss him so much. I know this is for the best, I really do, but I loved him.  I never meant to fall in love with him but once I did there was nothing I could do about it.” Justin kept gently stroking his hair.  “I just hope he’s happy. He deserves to be happy. Other than my wife and kids, he is the best thing that ever happened to me. I feel like a part of me is gone, Daddy.  I feel like a part of me is dead but then I see those amazing kids of mine and the amazing wife and I know I don’t deserve them. And since we are talking about screwing up, I am guessing you know about New Year’s Eve.”


“I know you didn’t come home until sun up.”


“The kid won’t leave me alone.”


“Please tell me he wasn’t a kid.”


“No, he was over 21.  I would guess about 24 or 25. But he had been texting and then he called. I got him off my back until after the wedding.  I don’t know what he is thinking. He knows I’m married and have kids. I told him I am not looking for a boyfriend. I am afraid I am always going to want a good fuck with a guy once in a while but Shelby and the kids are my whole heart now. I don’t want some young kid hanging on.  Even if someday I am ready for a fuck buddy, that is a long way off.”


“Well, I hope he just gives up but if he doesn’t, don’t mess around with him.  Talk to Dan or Tyler. Do you know who he is?”


“I’m not even sure of his last name.”


“Gus, can I at least have Dan find his last name?”


“Sure, Dad.  That is probably smart.  I think I am going to sleep a little more and then I need to call the kids and Shelly.  I miss them so much.”


“I’m glad you are feeling better and I am glad that you can go home tomorrow but, I will miss you. It’s hitting me that my kids are all grown and don’t need us anymore.”


“Oh, Daddy, I will always need you and Pops.  I love you so much and Brinn’s going to be a mom.  She is going to need you.” Gus’ voice was getting softer.  “We both know they will be great parents but she is going to melt down and need the two of you.” His voice drifted off as he fell back to sleep.


Justin quietly got out of bed, grabbed his clothes, and left the room.  Poor Gus. He was a young man with a lot of heavy burdens, of course the heaviest were problems he was responsible for but that doesn’t make it any easier.  He hoped that things would balance out for him.  


By dinner Gus was looking even better.  He had talked to his wife and kids. He assured them all he would be home tomorrow and he was not going back to work until after the wedding.  He was glad he had good foremans working all his projects. He hadn’t taken much time off in a long while so maybe it was time. He had decided they would go to San Francisco a couple days early for a little family vacation. As he came to the kitchen in a pair of sweats and a T shirt he smiled at his dads who were kissing by the stove. 


“Hey Gus, you are looking better,” Brian walked over and brushed a kiss on his cheek and then impulsively pulled him into his arms. “Sunshine was just telling me about this Adam creep.  Maybe we can give Dan a call right now. Dinner will hold for five minutes.” Brian already had his phone out and had pressed the button to call him.


“Hey Bri, what’s up?”  Dan’s friendly voice came over the phone.


“Dan, I have a little project for you.  Well, Gus has a little problem.”


“What’s the problem?”


Brian nodded at Gus, “Dan, I need you to find out some information about a guy.”


“Ok, what can you tell me?”


Gus gave him the basics of New Year’s Eve.  Dan had heard about the night from Danny and Elliott and had actually done a little digging already.  “Gus, I have actually already done a little checking on Adam Sanford.”


“I didn’t even know his last name. I was really stupid.”


“Gus,” Dan said gently, “You were hurting.  We have all done stupid things when we hurt. Anyway, he is a smart guy.  He is well educated but from the brief look I did, I think he has a few issues.”

“What do you mean?” Brian jumped in.


“I found a restraining order against him.  Because you hadn’t asked me to do this, I didn’t dig any further but I will tomorrow and get everything I can on him.  If need be, I’ll contact the person who got the restraining order on him. I will get back to you tomorrow.”


“Thanks, Dan,” Brian ended the call.


“Damn, Pops, I regret that night for a multiple of reasons but is this guy ends up to be dangerous for my family…”


“Dan will figure out what’s up.”


“Dad, do you think Shelby and the kids are safe? They are there all by themselves and face it, if I was there right now I wouldn’t be much help.  Standing up is about the best I can do right now.”


Brian picked up his phone and texted something. Immediately his phone pinged and he read it.  “Dan will have your house under surveillance tonight. They will have all our cameras watched all night.  If they see anything he will let me know right away.”


“I am such a fuck up,” Gus’ head dropped onto the counter.  


Brian pulled Gus close.  “We have all fucked up, especially when our emotions are involved. I always made my stupidest mistakes because of Sunshine.”


“He isn’t lying,” Justin laughed,”but it was usually because he withheld the truth and you don’t do that with Shelby.   It took me years to show him the truth is easier but I think he still would lie if he thought he was saving me somehow.”  Justin reached out to Brian’s cheek and ran the back of his hand down it. There was a look on Brian’s face that made Justin melt against him.  “He still has trouble with that sometimes.” Brian pulled Justin close.  


“I tend to forget that you have had your share of problems.”


“I’m glad you have forgotten.  There were times I wondered how hard it was on you and Brinn.” Brian distracted Justin by nibbling on his neck.   “Before we go any further, let’s eat.” Justin wiggled away from Brian.  


Gus had to smile at his dads.  It was obvious they would be making love early tonight. He really wished he didn’t have the urge to be with men because he wasn’t sure he would ever be able to feel so content but his dads were right.  They had lots of bumps along the way.


The three enjoyed their meal and then Gus went back to his room.  He heard his dads follow moments later. He had the most beautiful parents and at least his dads still loved each other.  He was sure his moms loved each other but he was also fairly sure they weren’t in love anymore. After dozing for a while he looked at the clock and thought the kids should be in bed.  He called Shelby. “Hey Shelly, I miss you.”


“Oh Gus, I miss you, too.  It sounds like you are feeling better.”


“Are the kids in bed?”


“Yes, although Gage especially was a bit teary tonight because he wanted his dad.”


“Well, I will be there tomorrow and we are going to head to San Francisco this weekend.  Then we can have some family time before everyone else comes. We have a large suite so there will be plenty of room for all of us and time for you and me to….I am so horny babe.  My dads, well you know my dads, and as they touched and kissed all I could think about was the feel of your breasts and the taste of your….”


“Oh, Gussy, I am getting wet just thinking about you.  Are you touching yourself?”


“If I stroke any faster I’m going to rub the skin off.”


“Oh, don’t do that.  I am fond of that skin. I love the feel of it as it gets taut and then as it shivers when I run my tongue over it.”


“Oh, god, Shel,” Gus moved his hand over his cock and it was only moments before he cried out.


“Tomorrow night, you and I….but you still need to rest. I love you, Gussy.  Now sleep and tomorrow, maybe you can come home before the kids get home?”


“I’ll be home for lunch. I love you, Shelby.”

“Good night, Gus.”



Brian and Justin laid together. Brian drew lazy designs on Justin’s chest, “What you said before dinner,  I still have a hard time not protecting you. I know I don’t have to and I know you are far stronger than me in most ways. I wish I could go back and …”


“Bri, I have known for years why you do what you do. That doesn’t make it any easier but you, none of us can change our history. I had my mom but if I hadn’t I’d been more screwed up than you, probably.  I can only imagine how many beatings I would have taken, how many lies I would have told to try and keep the peace. You, darling, had to save yourself every day for as long as you can remember. But after more than 30 years together, I wish you could remember you don’t ever have to lie to me.”


“I need to protect you.”


“Protect me from what, you? The truth is always better.”


“I know I have put you through hell.”


“Brian, neither of us are perfect.  But we are perfect for each other. I am going to do my best not to melt down anymore. Brinn loves Zach and we both know she is with the person she belongs with.  I have to finish my painting tomorrow. It’s really done but I think it could use just a couple more strokes.”


Brian pulled him even closer. “We are both just a bit sentimental today, aren’t we?” Brian pressed his lips against Justin’s as Justin draped a leg over Brian’s hip.  He pulled Brian even closer. Brian moved into him and as they began to move in rhythm. As the tension built they began to move faster and faster until both men cried out. And then sticky and wet, they fell asleep where they were.




The rest of the week was a blur for everyone.  Brinn was working long hours to wrap up a couple things before leaving for her wedding and honeymoon.  Justin finished the painting so it had time to dry before the wedding. Brian made sure everything was set for the honeymoon and he also made some plans Justin didn’t know about.  He scheduled a trip to Pittsburgh. He talked to Michael and Michael was going to make some plans for them. They would get to spend time with Debbie and all their friends, not to mention, they could see Jenn and Tuck.  He hoped from there, Justin would agree to go to Ibiza. They needed time together. The biggest surprise might actually be the one that would happen before the wedding. He hoped the whole family liked it as much as he thought they would.


As the weekend came Gus and the family were the first to leave.  Gage and Taylor were so excited to have time with both parents. Gus still got tired and needed a nap but he could do that while the kids played in the pool. By Sunday evening, all of the immediate family was there.  Brian and Justin had one suite where Brinn would be staying and Zach was sharing his parent’s suite along with Zander. Caitlin was going to share with Brinn and the rest of the families were going to come in throughout the week.  


Brian had arranged for them to have a private  restaurant. They could order anything they wanted but they didn’t have to sit in a public room with other people around.  After they ate most of the family put on swimsuits and they all met at the pool. Gage and Taylor swam between Gus and their granddads.  Zach and Zander were in the water, too, with Brinn and soon a game of keep away began. Water was splashing everywhere and Gage and Taylor  laughed and giggled as they moved out of the way.while the ‘big’ guys played. Justin and Gus were blocking each other when both of them grabbed at one of their legs.  


“Enough for me,” Justin said as he moved to the pool steps. He rubbed his leg while Gus limped over and joined him.  “You alright, Gussy?”


“Ya, last night Shelby and I  well…..I pulled a muscle and now it’s been nagging me a little all day.  It doesn’t happen often but once in a while that leg still acts up. It has been twenty years since my escapade and that broken leg.” 


Gus rubbed at the muscle.  I plan to schedule a massage in the next day or two. It will be fine once it loosens up.  Brian had been checking his phone at the side of the pool about every five minutes when all of the sudden he got out and slipped into a robe.

“Where are you going, Brian?”  Justin asked as he tied the robe.


“I will be back in a couple minutes. I have to take care of something.” Brian moved out of the pool area.  He looked around the lobby and then he saw her. “You are as gorgeous as ever.”


“And you still are as slick a talker as ever,” the older woman accepted the kiss he offered her.  “And still as handsome as ever, of course I have seen enough pictures of you over the years. You and Justin have both showed up in magazines. How is Justin? I read all about your mishap down under.”


“Sunshine is doing well but I have to admit it was scary and it was touch and go whether he would keep his leg but you know how tough he is.”


“I am not sure why I am a little nervous.  Are you sure Brinn will want me here? Does she even remember me?”


“Brinn forget something?  That never happens.”


“How about Gussy? Is he here?”


“Yes, he is here with his wife and children.  They are such a great family and those kids, I am afraid Gage has a lot of me in him and Taylor is beautiful and bright.  Oh, and Talia, she is just the most precious little thing.”


“Did you get checked in?”


“I did and they told me they would take care of my bags.  I’m not as young as I used to be.I’ll be 78 on my next birthday”


“You will always be young at heart, Alice.  Oh, one more thing, Brinn is expecting a baby.  It’s not all that noticeable but she is in a bikini so it is a little more obvious. Let’s go see the family.”


Brian offered her his arm and together they walked into the pool area.  It was a large area and she stopped walking once the doors had closed behind them.  Justin and Gus had gotten out of the pool and were sitting in robes by a table. Justin was snuggling Talia while Shelby was now in the water playing with the older children while Brinn and Zach sat on the steps, Brinn was on his lap and he held her lovingly.  The rest were playing a mock game of volleyball.


A tear ran down Alice’s cheek, “Justin is as beautiful as ever and holding the child, it took me right back to Brinn, although Talia has your dark hair.  And that’s Gus next to him, isn’t it?”


“Yes,” the pride in Brian’s voice was evident.  He pointed out Shelby and the two older children, “They lost a little boy about seven years ago.  Obviously we were all devastated but they are both strong.”


“And that has to be Brinn on the steps.  She found a handsome young man. I knew she would be stunning.  Even with wet hair and no makeup she glows.”


Justin glanced up and saw Brian at the door and he had a woman on his arm.  He blinked a couple times and then without realizing it, he had stood and started walking toward them.  They started walking across the room to meet him. Alice noticed the limp in his gait as he came closer. Justin handed Talia to Brian and took Alice in his arms.


“It is so good to see you, Alice. It has been far too long.  I am so glad you could make it even though someone told me you couldn’t.” He threw Brian a look. He then smiled and Brian kissed him lightly on the lips and then kissed the sleeping baby in his arms. They instantly started catching up.  “How have you been Alice?


“As I told Brian, age is catching up with me but thankfully I am healthy and I think I think I am still fairly sharp.”


“You look wonderful.  And haven’t we all aged. You were so much a part of our family for the years you were with us.  I’m not sure any of us would have survived without you as an anchor for all of us.” 


Alice smiled as Justin had to touch Brian.  “I can see you two are as in love as ever. If you ever feel like you have been stalked, you have as I have told you before, I keep tabs on you the best I can.”


“Well, you know we’ve had our ups and downs through our sporadic conversations 


Brinn got out of the pool and walked toward Gus as she dried off, “Hey, Gus, who are our dads talking to? She looks familiar but I can’t place her.”


“Oh my god, it’s Alice!” Gus was out of his chair and walked as quickly as he could without falling on the wet tiles toward the woman.  Gus threw his arms around Alice and she embraced him. “Oh, I am so glad you are here. It has been so long since I have seen you. I know my dads saw you maybe five years ago but I wasn’t even married the last time I saw you.”  Gus let go off her and instantly went into proud dad mode. “Did you meet my daughter? Isn’t she perfect?”


“You have a great looking family.  I hear your son is maybe a little too much like your dad?”


Gus laughed,  “Gage definitely has his grandpa’s personality, but some of it is his mom’s too.  Shelby is very quick and doesn’t take anyone’s shit.” Gus realized he had been transported back to the age of 13 and wanted to tell Alice about everything good she had missed.  “I’m sorry, I was just transported back to coming home from Jr. High and I told you about my day.”


“I loved that time of day, Gus.  I am not saying you were always an easy kid but you always brightened my day.”


“Dad,” Gage tapped Gus’ arm.  “Dad, who is this lady that you’re hugging? I don’t think I know her.  Are you hugging a stranger?”


“Well, young man, you must be Gage,” she offered him his hand.  “I helped your grandpas when your dad and aunt were young. My name is Alice.”


“Hi, Alice.  Did you know my dad when he was my age?”


“I think he might have been a little older than you but you remind me a lot of him.”


“Was he as cute as I am?” Gage looked up at her and gave her a big, cheesy grin.


Alice put an arm around Gage’s shoulders, “Oh, you weren’t kidding.”


“Kidding about what?” Gage asked.


“Gage, we had just told Alice you have some similarities to your grandpa Brian.”


“Ya, Grandma Mel told me she hoped I didn’t stay in this phase.”  Everyone laughed. They had walked over to the table where more of the relatives sat. They made introductions but Brinn had disappeared.


“Where did Brinn disappear to?” Justin asked Zach.


“She had to go to the bathroom again and she was cold so she went up to your suite to get dressed.”


“I think that is a good idea,” Justin said.  “I could use a soak in a hot bath. My leg is tightening up a bit.”


“I was thinking I could use a nice massage from my lovely wife.” Gus ran his hand across Shelby’s swimsuit clad bottom.


“Well, we first have three children to get settled down for the night and then I will see if I can massage something to loosen you up.”


“Ok, kids, time for us to head up to the room.  Tomorrow Molly and Tyler will be here so you will have more people to play with and I think they have a couple sites they want us to go see with them.”


Taylor and Gage weren’t excited about going to their rooms but they didn’t protest too loudly as they both stifled a yawn.  Hugs were given all around and the family left.  


“Alice, please come up and have a glass of wine with us so we can catch up.” Justin put an arm around her waist.


“I would love that.  I hear you might have a good bottle of wine somewhere.” Justin dropped a kiss on Alice’s cheek as they walked to the elevator.


They let themselves into the suite just as Brinn strolled out of her room.  Her hair was wrapped in a big towel and she was tying the belt of a robe. She stopped and looked at her dads and then at the older woman with them.  “You’re Alice, aren’t you?”


“I am, Tia Brinn, and you are as beautiful as I knew you would be. Would you mind if this old woman gave you a hug?”  


Brinn walked over to her and put her arms around the woman. “I have had dreams about you.  You usually are walking with me and I remember kisses.”


“Oh, Brinn, I loved you so much.  You were such a precious child and now you are going to have a child.”


“I am.  I’m a little scared about that. I know that is silly.  Women have babies every day and I will have the best medical care.”  Alicie guided Brinn to the sofa and sat with her, pulling her close. Brian held Justin close, “Let’s go take a bath while those two catch up. Our girl is in the best hands.”


Brian helped Justin into the tub and then joined him.  He worked the muscles in Justin’s leg first gently and then with more force.  Tammy had told him where to and where not to press. He knew it hurt him but he also knew he would feel better in the morning if he worked the knots out tonight. Justin tried to relax which was hard when pain shot through his leg.


“Do you want me to stop?”  Brian kissed Justin’s shoulder.


“No, I know it will help.  It just hurts so bad and….” 


Brian wrapped his arms tightly around him and kissed his neck, “And your heart is aching just a bit, too, isn’t it.”

“Oh, Brian,” Justin turned so he was facing him more directly, “Seeing Brinn and Alice together I started thinking about them together when she was so little.  You were so sick and I needed to spend as much time as I could with you and I remember seeing Alice with Brinn in her arms or feeding her in the high chair as she got a little older.  We couldn’t have made it without her and I would have had to let someone else raise her, at least for a couple years. Brinn sensed who she was right away.   


As they talked Brian focused on a couple more spots.  He felt Justin tighten up again and he silently took it.  Brian finished and then after getting out of the tub he helped Justin stand up and get out of the tub.  “Thanks, baby. I know tomorrow it will feel much better. Tammy will be here tomorrow. I’ll make her torture me for a while.  That way I know it will be much better by the time for the father daughter dance at the wedding.”


“She may have to work on Gus a bit, too.  He hasn’t had trouble with his leg in a long while.”  Brian commented as they dressed.


“I hope it is just a reaction to him being sick last week.  At least he is healthy enough to enjoy the wedding and I think this time with Shelby and the kids has done them all good.” Justin reached for Brian’s hand and they walked out into the main room.  


Alice was drinking a glass of wine while Brinn had sparkling water in a glass.  She was very animated as she told Alice about the medication they had in trials right now and how much it had helped Zach.  “Well, look who has joined us.” Alice commented to Brinn. “You do know you have two of the most handsome fathers on earth. And I have never seen two people love each other so much.  Well, I have talked enough for one day. These old bones need a soft bed.”


“Let me walk you to your room, Alice,” Justin said.


“I don’t need…. Your leg...”  


“Let me walk a lovely lady safely to her room and it will do my leg good. It is better if I move it a bit before getting in bed for the night.”


They arrived at her room, which was just down the hall and he made sure her key would work. “It did my heart good to talk to your lovely daughter.  You did an amazing job with her. She is so intelligent and self assured, not to mention, loving and caring.”


“Yes, she is special and some of that has to do with her wonderful caregiver when she was little.  I would not have made it without you.”


“Oh, Justin, it was a very sad time, a horrible time, but your love was what got Brian through it and from what I heard he pulled you through surgery, too.  I am so glad you two made it together because you never would have made it apart.”


Justin kissed the sweet woman and said, “I hope you sleep well, Alice. We are all meeting for breakfast at 8:00.  Would you like us to pick you up?”


“That would be lovely,” Alice said as she shut the door.


As Justin walked past the Chase’s suite,  Zach was just coming out. “Oh, Justin, you surprised me.”


“And where are you heading?”


“I hope I am heading to your daughter’s room.  I know Cait and Matty will be here tomorrow so it is probably the last night we can sleep together before the wedding.   My parents are asleep or they probably would have talked me into staying but I…”


“No need to go into detail.  I know you love my daughter but I don’t want details on how you do it.” Justin put an arm around his shoulder and walked with him to his suite. “Oh, by the way, I think she will definitely be in the mood.  She had a great reunion with her old nanny and she was feeling very loved maternally and I am guessing she would like some love externally, if you get my drift.”


“I think that is the subtlest I have ever heard you.  I am sure Brian is waiting for you.”


A smile lit Justin’s whole face, “I hope so.”


Zach walked into Brinn’s bedroom and found her naked on the bed,  Her knees were bent and her fingers were busy. “Would you like a little help with that.”


“Oh god, yes!” Brinn said exasperated. “I need to cum but I …”


“Let me take over that burden for you.” His mouth came down and he began using his tongue and lips, driving her over the edge quickly.  Before Zach realized what she was doing, she flipped Zach. He was still clothed but she quickly undid his pants and he shimmied out of them. She slipped onto his erection and soon it was his time to cum followed by Brinn for a second time.  He wasn’t done. He flipped her over again and now drove into her until she cried out again.



“Damn, I told Zach I didn’t want to hear it.” Justin grumbled. 


 Brian smiled at him, “Sunshine, she is our daughter, do you really think she will ever be quiet during sex?” To prove his point he entered Justin who let out a little cry.  “She is just in love with her future husband like you are in love with your old one.”


“I do love you, Mr. Taylor-Kinney,” Justin turned so Brian’s mouth could reach his.


“I love you, too, Mr. Taylor-Kinney,” Brian kissed him as he began to move slowly.



Zach had pulled off his clothes and laid next to Brinn under the blankets, “You know this is probably the last time we will make love before we are married.”


“I can’t believe we are so close to being married. I love you, Chase.”


“I love you, Lulu!” Zach kissed her and Brinn jumped a bit. “Did I surprise you?”


Brinn took his hand and placed it on her small potbelly, “can you feel that?”  


“Is that….”


“That’s our child happy that his or her parents love each other.”  Brinn kissed him. “I really can’t wait to be Tia Brinn Chase!”


“You finally decided? You are going to take my name?”


“I plan to take you I need to take your name, too.”


“You don’t know how happy that makes me. Good night, Lulu.”                

 

Zach knew this was the calm before the storm. By tomorrow the activity would really begin with all the rest of the key people arriving. There would be decorating and fittings.  He didn’t care. He was focused on their time alone, just Mr. and Mrs. Chase in paradise.