- Text Size +

Chapter 14


The flight from San Francisco to the hospital near Los Angeles seemed to take forever but thankfully the weather was good and they were allowed to land right at the hospital thanks to a classmate of Elliott.  The young doctor met the four men at the emergency room door and led them in. Under their protest, he led them to a private meeting room where he had them wait. Moments later a female doctor walked in. She glanced at her watch and said, “Good morning, gentlemen.”  She looked at the two men that were middle aged and holding hands although all four of the men held onto each other somehow. “I take it you are Jonna’s fathers?”


John spoke up, “ Yes, I am John and this is my husband, Tony.”


“Well gentlemen, let me start with, physically your daughter will be fine.  She has many bruises, a gash that required some stitches, and a concussion.”


“We need to see her!  She’s alone. She needs her family.”


“You can see her in a couple minutes and, on Jonna’s request, she is with the woman that found her. They seem to have bonded.  Gentlemen, she has some other injuries we need to discuss.” Looking directly at John and Tony, she asked, “May I talk freely?” She looked at Matty and Brian.’


“Oh yes, this is her brother and my uncle, who has been part of her life since day one.”  John stated.


“Well, your daughter was raped quite savagely.  Thankfully there is no permanent damage. In the next week the physical injury will heal but emotionally, she will probably need some help healing. She has told me about Hannah.  That is also tearing her apart.”


Tony stood up, “Where is my daughter? Take me to her now.”


“I will, sir, but I need to say one more thing.  Remember, she loves you and knows your personality.  If she sees your distress, it will stress her more. Please get your emotions in check before going in to see her.”


“Doctor, can you give us just one moment?” Brian asked.


“Sure, I will be at the nurse’s desk just outside,” the doctor said.


Brian waited until she had pulled the door shut and then he pulled his chair in front of the other men.  He took one of John and one of Tony’s hands and locked eyes with Matty for a moment. “We all just heard the same thing.  I know you want to kill the guy but right now you need to focus on Jonna’s healing and let the police and Tyler worry about catching the guy.  You need to be strong for her and wait to fall apart until you are alone.” Brian wrapped his arms around all three of them. Oh, and don’t doubt, I will spend every penny I have to track down that man and make him pay.”


Tony and John walked out with Brian right behind them.  Brian put an arm around Matty as they walked out. The doctor was waiting for them,  she looked at Brian and Matty, I’m afraid right now you have to wait here. You should be able to see her very soon.” She patted Matty’s arm. She could see the worry in his face.


“Come on, Matty, let’s find some coffee for all of us,” Brian led Matty away.


Tony put his arm around John as they followed the doctor down the hall.  They stood outside the door, “Let me tell your daughter you are here. Don’t try to get details out of her, not now.”


John looked at Tony, “We know that. Please, we haven’t seen our daughter in a week.”


The doctor entered the room,  “How are you feeling, Jonna?”


“I have a headache and  well…. I just kind of hurt everywhere.”


“A nurse is coming in a few minutes to give you something to sleep but first, your family is here.  Are you ready to see them?”


Jonna squeezed Jane’s hand, “Can she stay here? I’m sorry, Jane, will you stay?”


“I will stay as long as you want me to.”


The doctor walked out and John and Tony walked in.  Jane looked the men over. They were stunning. They looked tentative for a second before both men rushed to their daughter. Tony gently touched the bandage on her forehead.  “Oh, Jonna, I want to hold you. WIll it hurt you if I hug you?”


“Oh, Papa,” she wrapped her arms around his neck and Tony sat on the edge of the bed as she clung to him. “I let them take Hannah.  Papa, I tried to keep her safe. I….they aren’t going to hurt her. They wanted her from the start. I just wouldn’t let them take her without me going with them.”  It was time for John to hug their little girl.


“Daddy, not quite so hard, please.”


“Oh, honey, I’m sorry,” he gently laid her back.  “You must be Jane,” John said as he met eyes with the woman on the other side of the bed.  He stretched out his hand, “I’m John and this is Tony. We can’t thank you enough for staying with Jonna.”


Jane took his hand, “Yes, I am and there was no way I was leaving this child alone after what she has been through.”  Jonna still held onto Jane’s hand tightly. 


“Jonna, can you tell us what happened?  The night at the hotel?” John walked around and sat next to Jonna near Jane.


Jonna told her fathers about the man coming right after Judith left and how she refused to let him leave without her.  She described the ride and the room they were held in. After she told them about the kidnapper taking Hannah a dark shadow came across her face.  


Jane took over.  “After she was hurt she found the door open and she just started running.  The police have already found the house. Anyway, I found her almost two miles from the place.  She was sitting next to the road without shoes or a coat.” Tony had stretched out next to Jonna and pulled her close. When Jonna realized it he felt her whole body go stiff.


“Oh, Bellissima, I am sorry, I….”


“No, Papa, it is ok.  I just….” she snuggled up to him.  “I know you love me. I love you.” She started crying and Tony held onto her.


“Jane, may I talk to you...in the hall?” John asked. She followed him out.  “Can you give me any more detail?”


“John, I don’t think it’s my place to tell you that.  She is a very sweet, courageous child.”


“Please, Jane, did she spend five days in….”


“Oh, John, no,” she reached out and touched John’s arm.  “She and the little girl were treated relatively well. They were kept in a room but they were fed and they even had some toys and books for Hannah.  She looks so much like her papa.”


“Yes, she and Tony are very similar inside and out.”  John glanced up and saw Brian and Tony walking their way.  “And here comes our son and my uncle.”


“I talked to him on the phone, didn’t I? And he’s the one that got the helicopter so you could get here so quickly?”


“Yes, Brian Kinney,” John hugged Matty. “Brian, this is Jane. I’m sorry, I don’t know your last name.”


Jane reached a hand out and shook Brian’s, “Brian Kinney, like in Taylor-Kinney wine and hotels and Kinnetic?”


“Guilty as charged.  John, how is she?”


“She’s getting some attention from Tony.  I think she was a bit overwhelmed with the three of us in there.”


“Can I go in? I want to see my sister.”


“Sure, Matteo, I know she wants to see you. Brian, if you want to…”


“No, that’s alright. I am glad to know she is safe and getting the help she needs now. The police are stopping by in a little bit to talk to all of us.  They are reviewing the file SFPD sent them. Jane, can I buy you a cup of coffee? Some lunch? A new car?”  


Jane smiled up at him, “I will take that coffee.  John, tell Jonna I will say goodbye before I leave.” Brian led Jane down the hall.


John was so glad Brian was here.  He always knew what to say and do.” John turned around and entered Jonna’s room.


Brian sat with Jane and got a few of the details from her.  “I really need to call Hannah’s dads.”


“Go ahead.  I’ll sip my coffee while you talk unless you want some privacy?”


“No, please stay.” he took her hand, “I can use some support.”


Brian called Justin, hoping he was with both Dan and Marcus. “Hey, Sunshine.  God I miss you. Are you with Marcus and Dan?”


“Well, we are all in the suite.  Dan can’t seem to face Marc. He hasn’t said more than two words to him since you left.”


“Have Danny and El arrived?”


“Yes, we are just waiting for some food to be delivered to the suite.  Have you seen Jonna? Is she alright? Does she know where Hannah is? I’m going to put you on speaker, Ok?”


“Ya, that way I can say it once.” Brian could hear the sound change. 


“Brian,” Dan’s commanding voice came over the phone, “What have you heard?”


Brian filled them in on what Jonna had told everyone.  “So, I’m sorry they don’t know where Hannah is but Jonna was sure she wasn’t in any physical danger, making it all the more likely Kim is behind all this.”


After they asked a couple questions that Brian and Jane could answer, Brian said, “Sunshine, can you take the phone off speaker?” Brian heard Justin walk away and then the phone went off speaker.


“Bri, how is Jonna? Is she badly hurt?”


“I think she will be able to go home tomorrow but...she was raped. Fuck, Justin, that sweet young girl was beaten and raped!”


“Oh, god, Brian.  Is she going to be alright?”


“She hasn’t talked to her dads about what happened yet.” Jane squeezed his hand.  “Physically, she should recover in a week or so. Mentally, I’m afraid it could be a long road.”  Jane stood up and Brian handed her his cup. “Would you mind?”


“Who are you talking to?” Justin asked Brian.


“Oh, it’s Jane.  She’s the woman who found Jonna.  She stayed with her until we got here and now we are drinking bad coffee while Tony, John, and Matty are with Jonna.”


“Where are you going tomorrow? Are you going to the winery or coming back up here?”


“Oh, Sunshine, I’m not sure.  I hope to come back up there. With Jonna found, she needs Becca and her dads.  I can’t help her.”


“I love you, Brian. I’ll see you soon, whether that is tomorrow or the next day.”


“I love you, too, Sunshine.  I will let you know what the plans are once they are in place.”



Jane said goodbye to Jonna and shared her phone number, telling her to call her anytime she wanted to.  The next morning, Jonna was released from the hospital and they had rented a roomy SUV to drive back home.  Matty sat in the back with Jonna. Her head was on his shoulder and Matty held her close. 


Matty ran his hand up and down her arm. Until he noticed her flinch.  “Oh, Jonna, I’m so sorry. I ...I….. this should never have happened to you.  Jonna, what happen….”


“Please, Matty, I don’t want to talk about it. I just want to forget it ever happened.”  With that, Jonna took off the shoulder strap of her seatbelt and laid her head in Matty’s lap.  He stroked her hair as she fell asleep. Brian spoke softly so not to wake her and said, “Have you talked to Becca?”


John replied, “Of course I talked to Peter and Becca as soon as we found her.  Becca said she would come by tomorrow but also warned me that even if Jonna is ready to talk, it might need to be someone she doesn’t know.  Sometimes family is just too close.”


“That makes sense.  I am sure Becca knows someone if Jonna doesn’t want to talk to her,” Brian agreed. A text came in on his phone and he read it, “ Justin says he packed up your suite and he will bring your bags home when he comes back.”


“Do you know when he is coming back?” Tony asked.


“Once we get home I’m calling him.  I know the police up there are telling them to go home.  Justin was going to try to talk Dan and Marcus to leave there.”


“Do they have any leads?” John questioned.


“They do but I don’t know specifics.  I promise to fill you in once I hear something.”  



Justin sat on the sofa with an arm around Marcus.  He realized he had spent more time in bed with Marcus in the last week than he had with Brian. He loved Marcus but not like he loved Brian and although they had done plenty of touching and kissing, they hadn’t had intercourse again.


Dan was shouting into his phone as he walked through the room. He then threw his phone, smashing it into several pieces.  Danny and Elliott had learned to stay out of his way. They stayed in their bedroom most of the time.


After hearing the crash, they rushed out of the bedroom, “What’s going on?” Danny asked.


Dan glared at him and went into the other bedroom slamming the door after him.  “I’m not sure what that was about. He never talks to me.” Marcus said as Justin tightened his arms around him.


“Danny, I think it’s time to go home. I heard the police talking to Dan and they suggested it but he won’t hear of it but we know Hannah isn’t here.  The guess is she is wherever Kim is and that is probably Colorado. Dan is not himself. One of us needs to try to get through to him. I wish Brian was here.  Damn I wish Brian was here!”


“I’ll try to talk to him,” Danny said.


“We’ll try,” Elliott interrupted.


“Well, if he is too out of control, I’ll try.  I mean the last bruise is almost cleared up.”


Moments later Danny and Elliott came back out. “He won’t even listen.  He just laid on the bed and fell asleep. We know that won’t last. He hasn’t slept more than 15 minutes at a time all week.”  Danny looked so discouraged. “I have never seen Dad like this. Doesn’t he realize what he is doing to the rest of us? El…..” 


Elliott put his arms around Danny, “Let’s ….awe, hell, let’s have sex.”  Elliott guided Danny into the bedroom and closed the doors soundly.


Marcus and Justin talked softly about Jonna for a few minutes and then they heard Dan was awake. Marcus stood up, “I’m going to go talk to him and I’m going to make him talk to me. And if he won’t talk, we’re leaving without him. I can’t do this anymore.  He either loves me or he doesn’t. “


“Marcus, he loves you.  He just doesn’t know how to deal with helplessness.”


“Well, he better learn because I am not going to do this anymore.” Marcus stood up and walked to the bedroom. He opened the doors and closed them behind him. Dan was staring out the window. Marcus stood there for a full minute before Dan slowly turned around. 


“Oh,” Dan said and turned his back to him again.


“Don’t you dare!” Marcus shoulted.  “Don’t you ignore me. Turn around and look at me.  Turn around and hold me.” Marcus walked across the room until he was right behind him.  “Turn around and kiss me.”


“I …. I ….” Dan continued to stare out the window.


“Darling, I have lost my daughter and my husband.  Right now I can’t do anything about the first but you are standing right in front of me.  I love you, Dan Reed, but I can’t do this anymore. Do you love me?”


Dan didn’t move.  


“I guess that’s my answer,” Marcus turned around and pulled out his suitcase and started packing.  


Dan finally found his voice and turned around, “What are you doing?”


“I’m going home in the morning.”


“But we haven’t found Hannah yet.”


“She isn’t here, Dan.  You know that.”


“But, Red, how can I go home without her.” Marcus walked toward him and this time, Dan met him and pulled him into his arms.  “I’m sorry, I haven’t found her. I can’t face you. I failed her! I failed you!”


“Oh, Dan, the only way you have failed me is not sharing all this with me. Love me, Dan.  I need you to love me.”


Marcus didn’t have to repeat himself.  Moments later they were in bed, naked and Dan moved into Marcus.  As he moved in and out, Marcus put his arms around Dan’s neck and absorbed every thrust.  At least he now had his husband now. Hopefully soon their daughter would be back too.



Tony pulled up to their home.  Jonna was still asleep on Matteo’s lap.  He reached over and undid her seatbelt. As he did so, his arm brushed her thigh and she sat up screaming and hitting him. The three men all snapped their heads back as Matty, as gently as he could, softly said, “Jonna, it’s just me.  I will never let anything happen to you when I’m around.” He slipped one arm under her knees and she wrapped her arms around his neck. He pulled her close and, after John opened the door, Matty easily stepped out of the vehicle and started walking toward the door. No one could hear what he was saying but he talked to her the whole way to the house.


“I’ll get this vehicle returned and then go home,” Brian said.  “Remember, all of you might need to talk to someone. You may not realize it at first and I know how close the two of you  are and that might be enough but Matty….He may need someone.” Brian hugged both of the men in front of him. He loved them almost as much as he did his own children. Glancing at the house, Matty stood there holding his sister.  Go be with your kids. Call me if you need anything, even just to talk or need time alone and want someone else here.” As they walked into the house, Brian drove away.


Justin had stood by the door until he was sure Marcus was in control and that Dan was actually listening. Justin left the suite and went to his own.   He needed Brian so badly. He was going to text but he needed to hear his voice.


“Hey,” Brian’s voice had a flat affect to it.


“What’s wrong, love? Did something else come up with Jonna?”


“No, I just left them at their place.  Now I’m going to get rid of the rental and go home. Sunshine, I don’t want to go to that house alone.  I don’t want to think about you sleeping with Marcus another night.”


“Oh, Bri, I know this hasn’t been easy on you. I won’t be with Marcus tonight.  Dan, I hope, has finally come around. When I left their room they were in bed. They need each other.”


“I need you, Sunshine.”


“We plan to leave here tomorrow.  I can’t wait to see you, to touch you.” Justin decided right then that he was going home now.  “I need to go, someone’s at the door. I love you. I will see you soon.”


Brian felt cut off from Justin, from everyone.  He did not want to be alone. After he Ubered home, he threw his bag on the bed and walked to Brinn’s room.  Of course she hadn’t slept there for a long time but he could still see her with her injured arm looking so determined to get better.  Now she was with her husband and expecting his grandbaby. And he was here alone.  


Ten minutes later he was sitting in a rocker snuggling Talia.  “How is Jonna doing?” Shelby asked as she watched Brian kiss her daughter.


“She has a long road ahead but John and Tony will get her the help she needs.”


“Poor kid.  And Hannah? Any news?”


“Tyler isn’t telling Dan everything but they think they have a lead in Colorado. At least, according to Jonna, the man that left with her was the kinder of the two and it was obvious to her, she was what they came for.”


“I guess that’s a good thing?”


“There is nothing good about this situation,” Brian stood with Tally as she started fussing.  “How is Gus, Shelby?”


“He’s fine.  But it’s obvious you’re asking about Seth being gone.” Her voice trailed off.


“Oh Shelby, I sometimes wish I had more tact but I know you’re tough or you wouldn’t have stayed with Gus.”  Brian walked over to her and kissed her cheek. “It’s a good thing you love me.”


Shelby reached out and touched his cheek. “Brian, I do love you.  As big a pain in the ass as you can be, I know you are always there if I need you.”  A tear slipped out of her eye, “And Gus is….he misses him and he’s meeting with his New Year’s Eve date tonight before he comes home.”


“He isn’t going to screw him again, is he?”


“No, he just wants to get rid of the kid.  He texts and calls over and over.”


“What’s his plan? How’s he going to get rid of him?”


“He’s going to give him what he wants.”


“You said he wasn’t going to fuck him.”


“He‘s going to pay him off.”


Brian’s face went dark. “Damn, does he know what he’s starting?”


“There doesn’t seem to be much of an option.  He actually had one of your lawyers draw up a document.”


“Well, at least he planned ahead this time.  Shelby, if he seems to be derailing please let us know.  I want him to work it out for himself but sometimes…..”


“Thanks, Pops. Now, I better feed that little one before the other two show up and need me.”


“Shelby, you are an amazing mother, and I can’t imagine anyone else I would rather have raising them.”  He handed Talia over to her. “I should go. Maybe I’ll do the laundry so when Sunshine gets home tomorrow…..”



Gus walked into the bar and immediately saw Adam in the back corner.  He looked down at his briefcase. He was nervous. What if Adam didn’t sign?  He had a low offer and a high one but what if he didn’t accept either of them. He was the one that screwed up.  He didn’t want to ask his dads for an advance. He wanted to fix this himself.  


“Adam,” Gus said as he sat down across the table from him.  


“Oh Gus, it’s so good to see you.  I know you have been ignoring me. Why? Didn’t we have fun that night?”


“Adam, like I have been trying to tell you, I made a commitment to my wife and kids that they are now my top priority.  I love them and owe it to them.”


“Gus, I don’t need a lot of time and didn’t I know how to make you feel good?”


“This has nothing to do with you, Adam.”


“In other words you used me and now you are throwing me away?”


“Shit, Adam, I told you that night I was not looking for anyone.”


“Well, I was!  I am! And I am sure there are people that would like to know how the great Kinney family plays with others emotions. The Kinneys who buy anything they want, take anyone they want.”


“What do you want, Adam?  How much will it take to heal your feelings?”


“Well, aren’t you rude. Thinking you can buy me off.” he reached across the table and took Gus’ hand.


“Please, Adam, it isn’t personal but I know I may have led you on and I want to make up for it.” 


“Well, I’m not some cheap whore.”


“I never thought you were. I,” Gus opened his briefcase and pulled out some papers. “After talking to my lawyer we thought this would be a fair offer.”  He handed the paper to Adam.


“You talked to a lawyer?” Gus could tell that shook him up a bit.


“I did and the sum at the bottom of that page is what we thought was fair for your emotional distress.”


“Well, that might cover the night we spent together but what about the last eight weeks where you wouldn’t talk to me.”


“Adam, I was sick, then there was my sister’s wedding and….. Wait, I don’t have to explain anything to you.  What will it take….”


“What will it take to get you to move out of town and NEVER show up here again.”  Brian had walked up behind Gus, putting a hand on his shoulder.


“Mr. Kinney? I didn’t expect to meet you.”


“Adam is it? Well,” he shoved Adam over and sat right next to him by the table, taking the paper from him.  “It looks like Gus came up with a reasonable figure. If I double it, will you be out of town by sunrise?”


“Oh, double?  Well, I have to give two weeks notice.  If I just leave I’ll never get another job.”


“Well tell me where you want a job and in what field and there will be a job waiting for you when you’re ready. Now, he pulled out a checkbook and then handed him a check. He pressed his phone up to his and information transferred.  You may text me exactly one time. Within twenty four hours text me where you want to move and someone will contact you with all the details of your new life.” Adam sat there with his mouth hanging open. “Well, are you waiting for something?”  Brian made it difficult for Adam to squeeze past him and then Adam strode out without looking back.


Gus sat there with his mouth hanging open, “What the hell was that?”


“That was me taking care of your problem.”


“Did I ask you? I was taking care of it.  I had the paperwork drawn up. I had it under control. When are you going to realize I’m a grown man.  I need to take care of my own mistakes.”


Some of the other customers were looking their way.  “Gus, please, we don’t need an audience.”


Gus dropped his head, “So, did Shelly think I couldn’t take care of this on my own?”  Brian saw the hurt in his eyes.

“Oh, Gussy, no, that’s not it at all.  She doesn’t know I’m here. I was lonely today and spent some time with Talia and it just came out in conversation.  She was sure you had it under control and I am sure you did. I’m sorry, Gus, you’re right. I should have let you handle it.  I just didn’t want any more stress on our family right now. We just got Jonna home and we are still looking for Hannah. I just couldn’t picture you in pain, too.”


“Oh, Pops,” Gus took Brian’s hand. “I guess I understand but did your dad bale you out of all your problems when you were 32?”  As soon as the words were out of his mouth, Gus cringed. “I’m sorry, I know you and your dad…”


“He was dead by the time I was your age.  Not that it mattered. He was dead to me long before his physical death.  To be honest, I don’t ever remember him having real life in him.”


“Pops, I’m sorry, I….Thank you.  I know how lucky I am to have a dad that cares so much but next time, please let me settle my own battles.  Now, I need to get home to Shel and the kids.” 


Together they walked out of the bar.  Brian hugged Gus and gave him a kiss. “I’ll let you know if I hear anything.”


“Pops, you can come over for dinner.  You don’t have to be alone.”


“Thanks, Gus, but I will be terrible company until I see your dad tomorrow.  I am just going home, doing some laundry, and then figuring out a way to pass out the rest of the night. Maybe tomorrow night we can all have dinner together”


“I love you, Pops.” Gus said as he drove away.


Brian stopped at the grocery store and picked up a few things before driving home.  He spent some time doing some laundry and then heated up something in the freezer from George.  After he put his dishes in the dishwasher, he found a bottle of scotch and a glass. He put on a jacket and went outside.  He started the fire pit, poured a drink, and sat down with a blanket around his shoulders. His mind was racing. He thought about what John and Tony were going through and obviously Jonna.  They better find the man. He would look for him until he was in prison. He thought about Brinn and Zach. He had gotten a text earlier. They had two more days in paradise before coming home.  He wondered how Brinn would react when hearing about Jonna and Hannah. She was close to Hannah’s age when they had been kidnapped. Brian refilled his glass as his mind drifted much farther back.  He was Jonna’s age and his dad came home drunk again. He fled to Debbie’s house but then as he sat there watching the flames of the fire, he was Hannah’s age and he was running around the house flying his plane, faster and faster, until he ran directly into his dad as he got home from the bar.  The next thing he remembered he was laying on the floor. His ass was on fire and his cheek was swollen. He heard his mom yelling about how she was going to explain his black eye. She wasn’t worried about him. She was worried about what others would think of her.


Brian drained his glass and soon his head began to droop and finally he gave into sleep. Then he dreamed of Justin, his Sunshine.  He was always there when he needed him. Even in their rough spots, Justin was always there for him. “Hey, baby. Aren’t you getting cold out here?”  This was a vivid dream. He could feel Justin’s fingers touch his cheek. He opened his eyes.


“Sunshine, you aren’t coming home until tomorrow.”


“I made sure everything was set and came home early.”  Justin sat on Brian’s lap. “I missed you so much. I just couldn’t stand the thought of being away from you another night.”  He brushed his lips against Brian’s and Brian wrapped his arms tightly around Justin and their lips fuzed. Justin unzipped Brian’s jacket and slipped his arms around Brian inside his coat.  As the fire burned out their fire was in full blaze. Justin stood up and offered his hand to him. “Let’s go do what we do best.” Brian took his hand and, after making sure the fire was out, they moved into the house, grabbing Justin’s bags which he had set by the door. As Justin turned to lock the door and set the alarm, Brian was feeding on Justin’s neck. 


Justin started to undo his waistband but Brian stopped him.  “Not here. I want to take my time in that big, comfortable bed.”  Justin pulled him close and they stood there regaining strength from each other.  They didn’t rush. They stood there for several minutes first just hugging but eventually they slowly started kissing. Justin’s mouth traveled along Brian’s jaw and then found a pulsepoint on his neck where his mouth rested so lightly Brian wasn’t sure he was even touching his skin which sent a shiver through him.  He stepped back and then led Justin back to their bedroom. Brian pulled off Justin’s shirt and then, as he opened Justin’s fly, his mouth focused on Justin’s. He invaded every part of it and then their tongues began to dance first in Justin’s mouth and then in Brian’s.


As Brian’s pants fell to the floor and Justin ran his hand along the curve of his ass, he pressed him tightly against him, feeling Brian’s erection press against his own.  He slowly moved down Brian’s still lean body until his mouth slid along his cock. He loved the feel of the pulsating organ, especially the satin feel of the head as his mouth moved over it and he took the whole thing deep in his throat.  Brian could not hold back. His warm cum filled Justin’s mouth and throat and as Justin stood he claimed Brian’s mouth again. They moved as one as they dropped onto the bed. It didn’t take long and Brian was ready once more and this time Justin laid with his chest on the bed and his ass in the air. As he had the moment of discomfort, Marcus’ face flashed in his mind but was gone just as quickly.  He knew he had to tell him about the shower but he knew now was not the moment as he climaxed along with Brian. Wrapping their arms around each other they just dropped kisses on each other and stroked an arm or a chest or a thigh. Brian looked at Justin and saw a distance that confused and maybe worried him. “Sunshine,” he ran the back of his finger down Justin’s jawline, “did I do something or say something that upset you?”


“No, of course you didn’t.  I missed you so much the last couple days.  Just seeing the pain between Dan and Marc.”


“I was afraid Dan was holding back too much.  I’m glad Marcus backed him into a corner and made him face it but that doesn’t tell me what you're thinking about.” He kissed Justin’s forehead and nose, and finally his lips.


Justin tightened his arms around Brian’s neck so he couldn’t see eyes anymore. “Brian, I’m sorry.  I really didn’t mean for it to happen. I just couldn’t say no.”


“Couldn’t say no to what, Sunshine?” Brian stroked Justin’s back. 


“The night Dan asked me to go to Marcus.”


“I was still at the hotel then but I was with Tony and John. Dan didn’t  hit you again did he?”


“Darling, I let Marcus fuck me.  He was so upset and he needed a shower and I went in to help because he was so upset and then…. Damn it, Bri, I know we said we never would but…”


“You don’t need to explain it to me.” He tried to keep his tone soft. “When we talked about that we had no idea any of us would be in this situation.”  He made Justin loosen his grip and looked him in the eye. “I can’t say I want it to become a habit, but you are one of Marcus’ best friends. He needed you and you were there for him.  I know it was a long time ago and before Marcus but Dan was there for me when you and I…. Well, Dan’s always been there for me and you needed to be there for Marcus just don’t make a habit of it because I have no plans to share you if I am not involved.”


“Oh, you know you don’t have to worry about me.  You are my only true love. Maybe I need to be punished for my misdeeds.”



“Maybe I should,” he swatted Justin’s bare ass, “But I can’t.  I really can’t. I know you enjoy it but….you didn’t see Jonna.  She is so broken. I hope she can come back. And god the look in her eyes.  I just can’t inflict pain when…”


“Well, let’s focus on the pleasure. We both can do with some pleasure.” Justin moved behind Brian and he began to work a finger inside of him and then moved it so his prostate got the full effect of each stroke.  At the same time he ran his other hand between Brian’s legs and stroking his perineum. Soon he was begging for more. Justin removed his finger and as he reached around to hold Brian’s erection he thrust deep into Brian. The two lost themselves in each other and then their sweat slicked skin came together once more as they both fell asleep.



John and Tony fell asleep in each other’s arms.  They were so glad to be in their own room with both their children in the house.


It was about midnight when they heard the scream. Jonna!   By the time they pulled on robes and got to Jonna’s door, Matteo had already gone into her room.  “Jonna,” he tried to take her in his arms but she fought back with all her strength. “Oh, Jonna, it’s me, Matty.  Come on, honey, look at me.”  


Tony started to rush in but John stopped him.  “Tony, less is more sometimes. Let Matty try.”


“Come here, Jonna,” Matty put his arms around her securely and held her against him as she tried to hit him with her fists but then it was like she woke up and she put her arms around his neck and began to sob. John and Tony stood at the door for a couple more minutes and once Matty saw them and nodded, they went back to their room.  


Matty held onto his sister until she loosened her grip on him.  “Matty, will you sleep with me? I don’t want to be alone.”


“Sure, Jonna.  Crawl under those blankets, he pulled the blankets back and once she was laying down again, he stretched out next to her and she laid her head on his chest.


“Matty, you’re not going anywhere are you?”


“I am not going anywhere as long as you want me here.” They held each other for several minutes before Jonna started talking.  She wouldn’t look at him but she started talking, “Matty, it hurt so bad. I felt like he was going to tear me apart. And he didn’t care.  He just ….he was horrible. No one is ever going to love me now. I have never even dated and now no one will ever….”


“Oh, Mi Amore, the right man will see what a treasure you are but right now, sleep my lovely and I will be on guard.”  Matty hummed until he knew she was asleep and then he lay their fuming. He was going to kill that man if it was the last thing he did. He kissed Jonna’s forehead and closed his eyes.



It was noon when Brian and Justin got a text from Danny.  They had just arrived at Dan and Marucs’ house. “I’m glad.  Have they heard anything from Tyler in the last twelve hours?” Brian asked.


“Tyler is working with the FBI in Colorado.  They are watching Kim and they really think they are on the right trail.  Tyler hasn’t told my dads everything. He doesn’t want to get their hopes up.”


“Danny, we will bring dinner over tonight, Ok?  Let them know we will be there around 5:00 unless they need us before that and then, you and Elliott go somewhere, do something.  If nothing else go to Brinn and Zach’s and make love in that huge bathtub tub they have.’


“Oh, Brian, that would be great.  El loves my family and has been so amazing but..”


“You just spend the night at Brinn’s house.  If they want us to stay we will stay. If not, we will all be just a few minutes away.”


“Thanks, Brian.”  


“And Danny, just figure there will be a dinner for two waiting for you.  I will have dinner delivered there and at your dads.”


“I’ll let my dads know and I will let you know if we hear anything.”


“Danny, you are an amazing son.”  


Brian and Justin stopped at Tony and John’s.  Jonna didn’t want to see anyone. Today the only one she would really talk to was Matty and she spent time with her dads, just sitting with them.


“We are thinking we might just go away for a couple weeks or so. We talked to Becca and she agreed it might be good for Jonna to just have time to heal physically and then when we get back home she can get the counselling she needs.  Tony has already talked to Angi and, if it is alright with you, we are going to Ibiza.” John looked at his uncle with hope.


“Of course you can.  Stay as long as you like.  When do you plan to go?”


“It will take us probably three days to get everything settled.  We know Jonna wants to know Hannah is safe. We have heard they think they are pinpointing her location so maybe she will be home before then.  Brinn and Zach are coming back about then, too, aren’t they?”


“Don’t remind me,” Brian mumbled.


“Brian, you don’t want to see our daughter?”  Justin was surprised.


“Are you forgetting there’s going to be hell to pay for not telling her about all this.” Brian kissed Justin’s cheek.


For the first time John smiled a bit, “Oh, yes, Miss Thing….or is it Mrs. Thing now?  Anyway, she is not going to be happy.”


Justin kissed John on the cheek, “I’ll call the caretakers and tell them to get the villa ready for five.  Give Jonna our love.”


As Brian and Justin drove away Justin  took Brian’s hand, “I think it will be a while before they are all comfortable again.”


“I’m afraid you’re right but I think the villa will do them all good.”


“Yes, that place has always had healing powers.  Let’s hope it does the same for them.”



Matty watched Brian and Justin drive away and then he went to sit by his computer again.  He had been in contact with one of Dan’s agent’s all day. Ok, so the guy thought it was Tony in the texts but not only were they close to finding Hannah but the guy that had harmed his baby sister was in Las Vegas and by sunrise, he planned to be there, too.  He wanted to be there before the police arrested him. He was going to revenge his sister’s honor if it was the last thing he did.