- Text Size +

Chapter 16


Brian paced in the hotel room as the hacker worked through his computer getting Matty out of all the camera feeds. It was finally decided the whole camera system was going to crash.  


Brian got a text from the front desk letting him, as a managing partner who happened to be in the building, know that there was a medical emergency in the penthouse suite and Brian went up immediately.  He had realized that Matty had worn gloves. He, like an idiot, hadn’t. He wanted to touch as many surfaces as he could before crime techs arrived. As he walked in he saw the rapist still motionless on the floor.  “Is he dead?”


“Sir, you shouldn’t be here.  This is a crime scene. You weren’t staying here, were you? Who are you?”  The chief of security asked as he felt for a pulse. “I just walked in.”. Brian could tell he was nervous. He introduced himself and said he had been called.  He dropped to the floor. The man was hardly breathing and a pulse was barely noticeable. He.began CPR. Now there was a legitimate reason for his DNA to be in the room.  This man had to live for Matty’s sake. He also wanted the man to survive until the paramedics arrived because then the body would be moved. Moments later police arrived followed by the paramedics.  


“Sorry it took so long. There was a major incident going on at the other end of the strip,” one of the paramedics said.  They quickly assessed the man and moved him to the elevator and down to the ambulance as fast as they could. 


Now that the man was out of the room the security chief was a bit calmer.  “Who did you say you were?” He asked Brian.


“We have it from here,” one of the police officers said.  He looked at the man’s name tag ``Why don’t you go and start getting security footage especially for this floor to start with.” After he had left the officer turned to Brian and asked, “Now, who are you and what are you doing here?”


Brian introduced himself as one of the owners who just happened to be in town and let him know the front desk called him about the fight. “Was there any identification on the guy?” Brian asked the police.  


“No, there wasn’t.  Can you get us the records of this room?  How did he pay for it? What he said his name was.”


“I’ll call the front desk and have them get the information together”. Brian leaned against the bar as he made the call.  His adrenaline was returning to normal and his sore body was remembering the hard fall he took. He couldn’t let that show. He stood up and saw the police officer watching him.


“Are you alright, Mr. Kinney? I noticed you cringe when you got off the floor.”


“That, young man, is just the body of an old man protesting first a flight into town and then getting on the floor to try to save a man’s life.”  Brian really hoped he had saved him. He really wanted that bastard to live in prison for years. Brian started roaming around the room a little. He was trying to find something personal that the rapist had left laying around but there was no way the police would let him into the bedroom where he figured there would be a bag.  Two men in suits walked in the door and Brian knew these had to be homicide detectives. Brian had taken a seat by the bar and waited while the first officer filled the detectives in.on what he had found out so far. The detective sent him out of the room and walked over. “Mr. Kinney, it sounds like you took charge when the young security chief did a little panicking.”


“Yes, I may have to find out what put that young man into that position.  He’s not getting fired but it appears to me he has not had thorough training.”


“I think you’re right.  I happen to know the former chief just retired unexpectedly due to health issues.”


“Well, I promise, detective,  I am going to check all of my hotels and make sure they have properly trained security.”


“That’s a good idea but has nothing to do with the man that was attacked in here.”  Brian had noticed the first officer had returned and was talking to the other detective who was now approaching.  


“I have the name of John Smith and they are still trying to find out how he paid for this room.  There is no money trail. This wasn’t a reservation made ahead of time.”


The detective that had been talking to Brian replied, “Sounds like he had a connection in the hotel.  Do the cameras show if he came in with anyone? Or who checked him in?”


“That is a big mystery.  At first appearance, the camera system was down in the whole place but according to some of the staff they know it was working earlier.  Sounds like one of the front desk staff wanted to show a coworker a good looking young man that had checked in.” Damn, Brian thought, how much you want to bet it was Matty she showed her.  God, that meant there were extra people that viewed him in the building. Brian’s phone was blowing up in his pocket and he was fairly sure that it would be Matty or maybe Tony and John if Matty already talked to them. 


Brian now realized the mistake he made.  He had gotten a room but he hadn’t even been in it yet. Thankfully he had his bag brought up when he checked in but Matty’s laptop was still in the other room. He was sure his hacker had made the trail disappear but he really wanted to get that computer.  He would work on that later. Hopefully it would end up in lost and found and he would take it from there.


“Mr. Kinney?” Brian realized the detective was speaking to him.


“I’m sorry.  It has been a long day and this was not the ending I expected.  Do you think I can go down to my room? I won’t leave without talking to you but I feel like I need to get some rest.”


The detectives looked at each other and nodded.  “Sure, the front desk has your room number, right?”


“Yes, I actually had hoped to get this room but ended up with a plain room which was fine since I only plan to be here a night or two.”


“Go ahead and get some sleep.  We may ask you to go down to the station tomorrow if we get any news.”


“That would be fine.  Would it be possible to be notified on the status of Mr. Smith?  I am not asking for personal reasons but we will need to defend the hotel in the media as soon as we can if he dies.”


“That makes sense. I will put your number of people to be contacted at the hospital. Good night, Mr. Kinney.”  And with that he was dismissed.  


Brian took the elevator down and entered his room.  It was right next to Matty’s. He found his luggage on a rack.  He used the restroom and then opened the door to the balcony. He stepped out and then pulled out his phone.  Matty texted 3 times, John texted and called, and Justin had texted. He was sure Matty was in the air so texted him letting him know the man was still alive but He wouldn’t get that until they landed. He decided he needed to talk to Justin.  


“Oh, god, Brian I have been so worried.  John called me saying Matty left him a cryptic message about a man and flying home.  What is going on, Bri!”


“Sunshine, I’m fine, well almost fine.  Damn,” Brian just noticed that his balcony was linked to the one connected to Matty’s room. “Sunshine, I will call you right back.” He hung up hearing Justin yell his name.


Brian carefully got over the rail separating the two balconies and moved to the door.  They had left a light on when they had left. Brian pushed the handle of the door and to his relief, it slid open.  He rushed in and grabbed the computer and charger and quickly returned to his own balcony. Once the computer had been put on his desk he poured himself a drink and then returned Justin’s call.


“Don’t ever hang up on me like that when I am so worried, you asshole!”  Justin was fuming.


“I’m sorry, Sunshine.  It has been a night. I don’t even know what time it is.”


“It’s about 5:00 a.m.  I just heard from Dan and Marcus they got Hannah back and she is fine. They raided about  half an hour ago. I knew it was going to be 5:30 but I forgot they are an hour ahead.”


‘Thank god they have her.”


“Brian, what happened over there.  John said Matty was frantic on the message he left and why is he flying home when he drove there.”


“You need to tell John and Tony they need to leave today.  As soon as Dan gets back with the big plane they need to head out of the country.”


“Brian, I swear if you don’t tell me what happened…”


“I was with Matty when he went into the creep’s hotel suite.  He had planned to injure him just enough to make him suffer and then call the police on him.  Well, it didn’t go that smoothly. Matty was using a wooden statue and got a couple good blows in before the guy got the statue from him.  I tackled him before he could hit Matty but in the meantime knocked the wind out of myself. As I lay gasping on the floor the guy stood and was getting ready to strike when Matty did a leg kick knocking him but then he didn’t get back up.  That’s when I sent Matty running and said I would clean up the mess.”


“Oh, Brian, is the man…..”


“Last I heard he was alive but he was in rough shape.  I don’t know what happened. Nothing Matty did should have caused him to be injured that badly unless he was already hurt or something.”


“Oh, hell, Brian, do they know you are involved?  That hotel has cameras everywhere! I know when I lent them some of my paintings they showed me the security.”


“Ya, well, that footage no longer exists.  Somehow the system went down along with all the footage.”


“Brian if you get caught…. And when are you coming home? How are you coming home?”


“I expect the police to call me to the station and they are going to let me know if the guy’s condition changes.  He signed into the hotel as John Smith. I’m kicking myself for not checking the footage myself before it disappeared.  I wish I knew who checked him in because they are obviously connected somehow.” Brian paused. “I wish you were here. I wish you could share the shower I’m about to take and I wish I could feel you close around me as I tried to sleep.”


“Baby, take a shower and try to sleep a little.  Call me when you are awake. I am going over to John and Tony’s.  Matty should be there soon He may need some support and John and Tony may too.”


“I love you, Sunshine.  When is Brinny arriving?”


“Early afternoon.  When will you be home?”


“I will let you know.”


“Stay safe, Brian.  I need you back here.”  Before Brian had gotten into the shower, Justin was in the car heading to John and Tony’s. Justin tried calling Matty, thinking he should be about on the ground and he answered at the first ring.  “Matty, where are you?”


“I was just going to call my dads to pick me up.  I’m at the little airport.”


“I will be there in five minutes.  I was just going to go to your house.”


Justin pulled up to find a very shaken Matty. Matty just opened the door and got in.  Justin reached over and squeezed his hand. “I talked to Brian a few minutes ago. The guy was alive last he heard.”  Justin felt Matty’s whole body begin to tremble. “It’s ok, Matty. Brian will take care of that end and you and your family will be on a  plane by this afternoon for Ibiza.”


“But we weren’t going to go until tomorrow or Monday.”


“Brian wants you out of town today. He figures he can smooth things over before you return and if not, you can spend a little extra time in Ibiza.”


Justin pulled over and turned to look at Matty, “Are you hurt, besides the bruise on your cheek?”


“I’m fine.  My elbow hurts a little but it’s nothing serious.  How is Brian? He took a hard hit.”


A look of concern crossed Justin’s face but he had talked to Brian and thought he would have noticed something if he was really hurt.  “He said he was a little sore but seemed Ok. Now lean over here so I can give you a hug before we take you home. Matteo welcomed Justin’s arms and held on to him tightly.  Justin eventually kissed his temple. “We better get going so all of you can get ready for your trip.”


“Is Jonna any better?”


“She talked with Tammy yesterday.  I hear that helped her a lot. She knows you and your dads love her but you are all guys.  A female doctor is a safe place.”


“Thanks, now we better go face the music.  I’m sure my dads are pissed at me or will be when they know what I did. “ Justin was driving again.  “I just was so mad at what that guy did to Jonna. He deserves to rot in jail the rest of his life. I didn’t want to kill him, I just wanted him to feel pain.  I hate seeing my brave, spunky sister so timid and scared.”   


Justin pulled into the driveway.  “Your papa is looking out the window.  Let them smother you and then take your punishment.  You know your dads love you.”


Matty stepped out of the car and before he made the front step Tony was out the door pulling his son into his arms.   Justin stayed in the car for a few minutes giving the family some time alone while he checked his messages. There was a text  from Brian saying he was heading to the police station. He wanted to go to Las Vegas and be with him but he knew he had to stay here for Brinn right now.


Tony kissed his son several times as he led him into the house and once he was done John came over and hugged him tightly.  Before either of them had a chance to really say anything a soft voice said, “Matty, where did you go?” Jonna stood on the other side of the room. “I missed you.”  Jonna walked over and Matty held her tight. “What happened to you? You are hurt.”


“It’s nothing.  How are you feeling?”  Jonna didn’t answer him.  She just hugged him tighter.  “I’m not going anywhere, except Ibiza with you.”


The door opened and Justin slipped in just as Tony said, “Um, Matty, where’s my car?  Did you have an accident? Is that how you got hurt?”


“Tony,” Justin laid a hand on his arm, “could I talk to the two of you a minute?” Justin gently propelled the men to the study off of the main room.  


John looked at Justin, “What is going on?  What do you know that we don’t know? How did you hook up with Matty?”


“Guys sit down,” he pushed them onto the sofa and sat on the ottamon in front of it.  From what Brian could figure out, Matty impersonated one of you and was getting information from one of Dan’s employees.  They tracked the rapist in Las Vegas and Matteo went there to find him. Dan’s men had their eye on him but were focused on Hannah. He went there to get revenge for  his sister.”


“You mean he actually confronted the guy alone?”


“Well, not alone.  Brian figured it out and flew out to see what he was up to.”


“Where’s Brian now?”


“Brian is still there.  He will drive your car back.”


“Why is he still there? And how did Matty get injured?”


“John, Tony, you trust us right?”

“Of course we do,”  John commented quickly.


“Then, Dan and Marcus are landing within the hour.  John, how long will it take the plane to be ready to fly again?” Justin said


“Well, if there are no mechanical issues it could probably be ready in an hour and a half or two hours.” 


“There is a pilot who has already filed a flight plan for Ibiza.”


“What is the rush? We are planning to leave….”  Tony looked a bit nervous.


“Don’t ask.  Matty will fill you in once you are in the air.  I texted Dan and Marcus and they plan to stop here on the way home because Hannah insists on seeing Jonna.”


“Dads, I’m sorry.  I was stupid,” Matty had walked in.behind Justin.  “And I promise to tell you everything but we need to finish packing and get ready to go.  Please, for Jonna’s sake. I was thinking about her but didn’t think about the consequences until it was too late.”  Matteo started crying. He was so tired his emotions couldn’t be held in check anymore.


John and Tony both stood and wrapped their arms around their son.  “Oh course, we’ll pack now and be ready to go within the hour.” Tony said.  


“While you pack I’ll make a pot of coffee if you don’t mind.  Dan and Marcus will probably be needing one.


“Sure, you know where everything is or can find it.”  John said as he put a hand on Justin’s shoulder briefly.  “Don’t Brinn and Zach get home today?”


“Ya, they will probably arrive about the time you take off. Now go and pack.”  Justin smiled at them and they walked toward their rooms. As Justin made coffee, Jonna walked in quietly and stood near him in the kitchen.  “How are you today, sweetheart?”


“I’m feeling a little better.  I don’t hurt as much today.. Tammy gave me something so I can sleep.”


“Tammy’s a good lady.”  Justin gently wrapped an arm around her and she squeezed him hard.  


“What did Matty do, Uncle Justin?  It’s because of me, isn’t it?”


“Honey, he loves you.  He’s your older brother.  He felt he had to do something.”


“Did he find the man?” he saw her body start to tremble.


“I don’t know all the details myself but I do know you don’t have to worry about him doing that to anyone else.” 


“Oh, thank you!”


“Don’t thank me.  Thank your brother.  Now according to the text that just came in Hannah will be here to see her friend in about ten minutes.”


“Oh, I can’t wait to see her.  I look Ok, don’t I? I mean, you can’t see any of my bruises?”


“No, I can’t, and you look beautiful.”  Justin tenderly placed a hand on her cheek and kissed the opposite.  “Do you want to see Tammy before you go to the plane?”


“She called me a little while ago.  She is going to meet me at the airport with ….just something I need.”


“I’m glad she’s here for you.  We forget sometimes that a girl might need a woman once in a while.”


“I wouldn’t trade either of my daddies for a mom but once in a while….”    The doorbell rang.


Jonna opened the door and Hannah hurled herself at Jonna.  She then backed off a bit. “My dads said you had some kind of accident.  I didn’t hurt you did I?”


“No, you didn’t, Hannah Banana.  How are you?”


“I’m fine.  The man just took me to my aunt Kim’s.  He wasn’t the happiest guy in the world but he was nice to me.”


“I am so glad you are home with your dads.  Are Danny and Elliott here?”


“They are coming to our house in a little while. My dads said you get to go on a vacation. They said we might take a vacation, too.”


“We are leaving in a few minutes and it would be nice if you got to go somewhere..  We are taking the same plane you just got off.”


As the girls chatted, Justin hugged and kissed Dan and Marcus.  Softly he said to Dan, “Did you hear what went down?”


“Yes, one of my best guys is almost there.  I couldn’t send Tyler. Molly would have killed me but the guy I sent is good.  One of Brian’s lawyers is on his way too. I didn’t hear the whole story but Brian is smart.  He wouldn’t have been careless.”


They all sat around chatting for a while until John got a text saying the plane would be ready in half an hour. Dan scooped up his daughter and held her a little too tightly.


“Dad, you’re smothering me here.” They all laughed and Dan and Marcus left to meet up with the rest of their family.    


Justin gave Tony and John the code to the gate at the villa and let them know that the staff was expecting them.  He then kissed Jonna’s cheek and hugged Matty.


Matty softly said, “Tell Uncle Brian, thank you.”  with that they all left the house. Justin drove them to the airport and as their plane took off Justin was told he had about twenty minutes to wait for Brinn. He hadn’t heard from Brian except a text when he was going to the police station but that had been hours ago.   Justin called his phone but there was no answer. He left a message, “Bri, call me as soon as you can.” He paced back and forth outside the car, excited to see Brinn and Zach but scared to death for Brian.


It had seemed like an hour but five minutes later Brian called, “Hey, Sunshine.”  


Justin could hear how tired he was from his voice, “Oh, baby, are you alright?”


“Yes, I spent the last four hours being questioned.  They are very suspicious but they know who that man was.  His fingerprints match the prints lifted where Jonna was held.”


“Brian, how is he? Is he talking?”


“He died while I was being questioned.”


“Oh, shit.  You said he shouldn’t have died from  the fight. Do they know what killed him?”


“Not yet or at least they aren’t giving me any ideas.”


“But they let you go.  Are you coming home?”


“Tomorrow.  I am too tired to drive it today.  I haven’t really slept in thirty-six hours.  Did Tony and John leave? Is Brinn home?”

“Funny you should say that.  I can see Brinn’s plane right now and Tony and John left with the kids 15 minutes ago.”


“Good!  They know Matty was here, I had to tell them but they are still putting everything together and of course my lawyer said I would not talk to anyone at the moment.  If they find a cause of death maybe I’ll talk but I am sure the plane is touching down. Tell our girl that I will be home by dinner tomorrow. Invite all the kids over, maybe George can cook.”


“I love you, Brian.  Call me later if you can’t sleep.”


“I will.  Love you, Sunshine.  Kiss my girl for me.”


Justin got into the car and drove it around to the arrival section and within moments of pulling up, Brinn and Zach came out of the building.  They both glowed from the sun and Brinn had definitely filled out in the two weeks she was gone. He dreaded telling her about the kidnapping and rape but at least both girls were back with their families. Justin wrapped his arms around her and lifted her off the ground.He needed to just hold her for a moment.  Jonna’s face flashed into his mind and he held her tighter.


“Hey, Daddy,” Brinn laughed.  “You can set me down anytime.”


“Oh, sorry.” He put her down and hugged Zach.  “You two look great. I bet there are no tan lines.”


“You would be right, Daddy.  Where is Dad?”


“He had to go out of town.  He will be back tomorrow. He wants everyone at the house for dinner.”


“That would be great. We can tell all of you about the honeymoon all at once.”


“I don’t think any of us want details.”  Justin smiled at his daughter as they got into the vehicle. Justin was quiet while Zach and Brinn talked about the things they saw and did.  They talked about falling in love with Bali and how they hoped to go back again.


As they got close to home, Brinn looked over at Justin, “Daddy, why are you so quiet? Is something wrong?”


“Let’s get your bags in the house and get a cup of coffee to drink and then we'll talk.”


Now Brinn was quiet, knowing something was bothering her dad. Once they got home, the men carried in the luggage while Brinn made a pot of tea.


“Daddy, I hope you don’t mind but I’m trying not to drink coffee so I made some tea instead.”  Justin picked up one of the cups and walked over to a sofa. Brinn sat next to him while Zach sat in the chair across from them.  


“I know, Brinn, you are going to be upset with what I have to tell you but don’t react right away.  Once you have heard all of it I think you will understand why we didn’t call you.”


“Daddy you are really scaring me now.”


“About two hours after you two left for your honeymoon, Jonna and Hannah were kidnapped.”


“What!  Oh, god no!”


Justin pulled Brinn against him, “Honey, they are both with their dads now.  They quickly figured out that it was Hannah’s aunt. She wasn’t happy she had lost the court case.  We don’t know all the details because they just got back with her a couple hours ago. She is perfectly fine.  She had a couple scary moments but a good part of the time she was with Jonna and felt safe.”


“Daddy, that’s terrible.  I wasn’t much older than that when we were all taken but I get the feeling you haven’t told me the worst yet.”


“After the first week they were separated.  There had been two men with them and now one left with Hannah.  He is her Aunt’s boyfriend and from what I have heard, treated her very well.”


“Daddy, what happened to Jonna?  Tell me. You’re scaring me.” Zach moved over to the other side of Brinn and protectively put his arm around her waist and took her hand.


“Jonna isn’t positive how long she was held but she was beaten and raped.”


“Oh, no, poor Jonna.  How is she? Can I go see her?”


“The whole family flew out this afternoon for some time at the villa.  She needs time to heal physically and mentally. Angi is going to meet them there.”


Now Brinn looked angry, “Do they have the animal that did this to her?  Angi will be good for her.”


“The man who did it to her died this afternoon.”


“What aren’t you telling me?”


“Matty drove to Las Vegas when he found out the creep was there and then your dad flew there.”


“Daddy, did Matty and Dad have something to do with the guy being dead.”


“They did but I don’t know all the details.  There was a fight. Matty has a black eye and your dad is hurting but Brian said he shouldn’t have died from what happened so we don’t know any details yet.  Tomorrow night at dinner we should know more.”


“Oh Daddy, I wish I had known but you’re right, I couldn’t have done anything and it would have put a damper on our activities.” She reached over and took Justin’s hand and laid it on her baby bump.  “This little one has gotten really active the last two weeks.”


Justin couldn’t love Gus and his kids any more than he did but feeling his grandbaby inside of the daughter he fathered added another dimension to the love he felt at that moment.  “Well, I better go. I know he will be around most of the time now but Danny is with his dads right now in case you want to talk to him.


“Thanks, Daddy. I know it’s early but I think I am going to bed soon.  I think I have a little jet lag.”


“Well, I will let you get settled . I’ll text what time dinner is.  I am so glad you are both back.” Justin kissed both of them and left them to unpack.



Danny and Elliott were waiting for Hannah when the family arrived. Danny and Elliott both hugged the adorable little girl.  They ate dinner and then Danny and Elliott played some board games with Hannah. Marcus pulled Dan away. Once they were in their bedroom Marcus nearly scaled Dan’s lanky frame.  They had made love only a couple times in the last week and now that they knew their little girl was fine it was like all the pent up energy needed to be let go. Dan took Marcus against the door and then as he leaned over the bed.  By the time, Danny tapped on their door they lay exhausted but happy in bed. Elliott was carrying a sleeping Hannah right behind him. Danny stuck his head in the door, “I thought you might like her to sleep in here tonight especially since I think you are both satiated at the moment.”  Danny walked over to their dresser and pulled out two pairs of boxers, and tossed them on the bed. Both men quickly pulled them on under the covers and then Elliott carried her over to Marcus who took her from his arms.


“Daddy,” a sleepy Hannah smiled at him, “Can I sleep here tonight?”


“You definitely can, Hannah Banana.  I think there is a perfect spot for you right here.”  Hannah kissed Marcus and then turned to Dan. As she was drifting off she said, “I missed my daddies.”  Dan and Marcus linked fingers as their joint hands rested on Hannah’s waist. Both men felt a tear slip from their eyes as they, too,fell into a restful sleep.



Justin fell into bed. He was so tired.  His emotions were shot. He started with Matty and Jonna’s stress and then the joy of Dan and Marcus.  He was so hoppy Brinn was back and was glad she knew everything that went on but now What he needed was Brian.  He jumped when the phone rang. He picked it up and smiled when he saw it was Brian.


“You read my mind.  Hi Baby,” Justin answered..


“Hey Sunshine.”  His voice was low and soft, sending shivers down Justin’s spine in the best of ways.  “Did Brinn and Zach get back?”


“Yes, and they are so in love. How are you, Bri? Please don’t tell me you aren’t coming home tomorrow.”


“No, I plan to leave in the morning.”


“I need you so bad.  There is just too much going on. I feel like my mind and body are going in different directions.”


“Oh, Sunshine, just listen to my voice.  I want to touch you so badly the feel of your smooth, warm skin under my fingers.   I want to trace every muscle on your chest and stomach and then I want to run my fingers through your pubes until you beg me to touch you.  And then I want to move between your legs and run my tongue along the scars that make you so amazing.” Brian heard Justin sign and knew he was calming.  “Sunshine, run your finger over your head and collect the precum I know is there. Bring it to your lips and taste it for me. I am so jealous you can taste that and I can’t.”


“Oh, god, Brian I love you,” Brian knew Justin had just cum.


“I’m sorry I left you to deal with everything back there including the stuff I am partly responsible for but if I hadn’t followed Matteo….”


“Tony and John would be crazy about both their kids.  Although John and Tony know they will have to come back to Matty’s issues later but they can focus on healing Jonna first. You went to help family, one of the many reasons I love you.  I wish you were here to stick that big hard cock deep inside me. I will see you tomorrow.”


“I love you, Sunshine.”  The line went dead



The first leg of the flight to Ibiza was relatively quiet.  Matteo sat next to Jonna and they talked about everything except what needed to be said.  They all dozed and then after a quick stop in New York to refuel and had dinner brought on board.  Once they were back to cruising altitude, John brought the meal to the table. “Let’s eat dinner,” he dropped into a seat and Jonna sat next to him.  She leaned into him and he wrapped his arms around his little girl, kissing her temple.


Tony and Matteo sat side by side as they all ate.  Matty was very quiet and mainly picked at his food. He knew  he had to tell his family what he had done. Tony put his hand on Matty’s shoulder and kissed him.  Some people would look at them funny but Antonio Montefiaro was born and raised in Italy and kissing your child on the lips was totally normal.  He had been careful not to do it in public but on a private plane over the ocean, he could show his son love. He pulled Matty into his arms and Matty laid his head on his papa’s shoulder as he held onto him tightly.  His whole body was trembling now. Jonna stood and walked to her brother and then kneeled by her brother, laying her head in his lap. “It’s Ok, Matty. I don’t know what you did but I think you did it for me. I am so glad you’re my big brother.  I know you love me.”


Matty began to sob.  “I just wanted him to pay.  He hurt you so bad. I saw some of your bruises.  How could he do that to you? You’re just a kid.”


Everyone gave Matty time to calm down.  John and Tony gave their children a little space as they cleared off the table but then they came back and they sat around the table together.and all held hands.  No one spoke until Matty was ready to talk. He told them about lying in the texts to get the information about the location of the rapist. He talked about how he checked into the hotel under the bogas name and that Brian found him there.  “Brian didn’t try to talk me out of it but he made me think everything through. He went with me more as a backup and then made sure all the videotape was destroyed.But he fell. Not that hard. He shouldn’t have been hurt but he was and I don’t know how badly hurt he really was.  Brian chased me out of the hotel and before I knew it I was on the plane. Last I heard he was still alive but I haven’t talked to Brian. I’m sorry, I should have thought it through better but I just wanted to teach him a lesson and let the police know who he was.”


Jonna sat down on Matteo’s lap and wrapped her arms around him. “Thank you for defending me.  You are the best big brother in the world but you shouldn’t have risked anything for me.”


Matty buried his face on her shoulder and John and Tony decided to leave them alone.  They slipped out and John started moving to the front of the plane but Tony redirected him to the bedroom.  Tony closed the door and immediately started undressing John. Within minutes they were in bed, naked. John opened his mouth to say something but Tony silenced him with his lips. By the time their mouths separated Tony said softly, “No talking, just loving.”


John rolled onto his stomach and offered himself to Tony, who moved slowly and deliberately.  John brought his legs under him a bit making the invasion a little bit easier as he tried to relax.  He never enjoyed the entry but once Tony began to move John forgot all about the pain. He wondered if that was how it was after giving birth, forget about the pain and enjoy the pleasure that follows.  He felt the pressure build and then as Tony pulled John up and as he wrapped an arm around John’s waist they finished together.


“Mi Amore, my family is my heart.  I couldn’t have made this week without you.” He thrust one last time, causing John to groen.  


Yes, this must be like giving birth.  The love that encased both of them was overwhelming. He would take ten times more pain if he could feel this afterward. God, he loved this man with every cell in his body and he would do anything for him and their children, his and his and totally theirs. They dozed awhile and then redressed.  John needed to give the pilot a break. When they walked out of the bedroom Matty and Jonna were sound asleep on the sofa bed. Tony kissed John once more at the door of the cockpit and then John went.through the door while Tony sat down and opened his briefcases to finish a couple things he would send to the office Monday morning.  Leaving a day early had left a little work undone.


Tony hadn’t noticed the movement behind him until Jonna slipped into the seat next to him. “Ciao papà, cosa fai?” Jonna was the one family member that had learned to speak Italian.  When Tony realized she seemed to enjoy it, they started speaking it most times it was just the two of them.  

“I’m just finishing up a little work so I will be done once we land.”



“Pensi che Matteo starà bene?”  Jonna asked.


“I think he will be fine.  Brian stayed behind. Matteo may have to face some charges but if anyone can make things go smoothly it is Brian.”


“It is all my fault if he gets in trouble.”


“No,  il moroso,sweetheart, it is the fault of the monster who hurt you.  I have never told you this because I don’t like to remember but I, I was also forced to …..I was raped when I was just a couple years older than you.  The man, no boy really, who did it to me was supposed to be a friend, someone I was on a date with.”


“Oh, Papa.  I am so sorry.”


“No, bambina, I do not want you to feel sorry for me, I just want you to know that, obviously I don’t know what it feels like to be raped as a woman but I do know how I felt afterward.  You don’t have to be brave for us. If you hurt tell us. If you need to talk, we are here but I understand if you feel more comfortable talking to Angelica. My sister is a good person.”


“Thank you, Papa,” she sat quietly for a minute and then said, “I know I am a little old but may I sit on your lap?”


“Oh, yes, you are never too big for that.”


And that is how John found them after the pilot’s break.  He left them sleep, his heart full.



Justin woke early and scrolled through the Vegas news feeds.  So far Brian’s only connection to the death was the fact that he was mentioned as one of the partners at the hotel who happened to be in the building at the time.  He also read the rap sheet on the dead man. He shivered as he read through the list of crimes he had been connected with. Jonna was lucky he hadn’t killed her or at least held her for longer. He saw pictures of one of his victims and she had barely survived.  He shivered knowing Brian and Matty had faced this man. And why was he staying at the hotel in a suite of all things. He called the hotel manager and asked for employee records. The manager didn’t seem excited about giving him access but after a little threatening, he was given access to the hotels database and Justin, not knowing what he was looking for, started going through personnel records.  He sorted the records thinking it could be an ex con, a family member, or love interest. He was not in law enforcement but he was pretty intuitive. Soon out of hundreds of employees, he had gotten it down to 20 people and then it was ten.


Justin hadn’t left bed all day.  It was 2:00 pm when he heard Gus’ voice.  “Dad? Are you here?” 


As he rushed into the bedroom, Justin looked up, “Oh, hey Gus.  What’s up?”


“What’s up?  Pops has been trying to get ahold of you for hours.  He finally called and asked me to check on you.”


“Oh,” Justin grabbed his phone and saw multiple texts and calls he had missed. “I guess I…. It’s after 2:00? I need to shower.  George will be here in an hour or so.”


“Dad, are you sure you’re alright? Pops said you were a bit worn out last night and….” Gus texted Brian all was well.


“And he wanted to make sure I didn’t go off the deep end again?” Justin stood and realized he was naked.  He grabbed a robe a put it on, “I’m fine, Gussy. I have been researching…..did your dad tell you where he’s been?”


“Yes, he told me about the death of the bastard.”


“I have been trying to figure out who at the hotel had a connection with him.   I have been researching staff since, wow, I have been at it for 6 hours. When is Brian going to be home?”


“I would say he will be here in about an hour.  He was really worried about you.” Gus sat on the edge of the bed.  “You know this room always smells like sex, even when one of you is gone.”


“Just because he wasn’t here physically does not mean we didn’t have sex together.”


“Oh, Dad….” Gus moaned and laughed at the same time.


Justin sat next to Gus and put an arm around him, “Gus, are you good?  I mean Seth….”


Gus dropped his head onto Justin’s shoulder.  “I have made peace with that. Seth deserved to have someone to love him and not just when I could get away but do I miss being with a man?  I really do. I mean Shel is great but…”


“Gus, you don’t have to explain it to me.  Have you thought about….”


“I have a meeting for work out of town next week. I may see what I find.”


“Remember to be careful, Gus.  I know it sounds crazy but if you do hook up, don’t take him to a suite.  Don’t use your real name. Our last name is just too well known and associated with wealth.”


“I know, Dad.  I’m going to get out of here before Pops gets home. You want to shower, right?”


“Actually, I don’t think I will.  I will just need another one after….”


“Ok, ok, I got the picture.  We will be here about 6:00?”


“That’s good.  See you then.” Justin kissed Gus, “Oh, and Gus, I hope you find someone that will make you whole again.”


Justin texted Brian and apologized saying he would explain when he got home.  He then put fresh sheets on the bed and brushed his teeth. When Brian texted and said he was ten minutes away, Justin handcuffed his ankles to opposite sides of the bed while he laid face down. They were really cushioned manacles since the bed was too wide to use regular handcuffs.   He slipped his wrists through scarves he had tied to the headboard and pulled them tight. He was now stuck here until Brian arrived. The thought of it made his dick twitch as it was pressed into the mattress. In the old days he would have put his legs under his body so his legs were spread and his ass was up in the air but his leg wouldn’t let him do that anymore, not for an extended length of time, anyway.


He thought he heard a vehicle and then he heard the door open and slam shut.  “Sunshine, where are you? Justin!”


“I’m in the bedroom.” 


“Fuck, where have you been all day? I was so worried….” his voice trailed off as he walked into the bedroom and saw Justin positioned and waiting for him. Brian moaned as he quickly undid his fly and dropped his pants and then his shirt. He moved onto the bed and then inhaled deeply.  He couldn’t smell soap or deodorant. All he smelled was Justin and his cock immediately went to full attention.


Neither said a word.  Brian’s hands were everywhere.   They traveled up the back of Justin’s thighs and then onto his ass.  His tongue traveled up his spine as he pushed both thumbs into his puckered bud making Justin cry out. He moved them in and out until he felt Justin relax and loosen up. He had planned to play for a while but Brian, seeing his husband in this position and just smelling the essence of him had him losing control quickly.  He entered him then and sliding his arm around Justin’s waist and claimed his man. Recently he couldn’t even picture ‘playing’ with Dan and Marcus. Was it his old age? He didn't want to share what was his anymore.


Brian untied Justin and pulled him into his arms as they lay on the bed.  “Sunshine, where were you all day? I was so scared something….”


“Brian, if I had felt unstable, I would have told you.  I promise. I was looking at hotel employees. I pushed them a little bit in Vegas and they let me into their employee system.  I spent over 5 hours sifting through and I have it down to I think 5 people. I thought tomorrow Dan or Tyler might be able to take it from there and figure out who it probably was.  Brian, how much trouble are you and Matty going to be in?”


“Some of that will depend on what the autopsy says.  I keep going over it in my mind. I should have stopped Matty.  I should have just called the police anonymously but I understood why Matty felt like he needed to physically do something, to see this fucker and physically cause him pain.”


“Well, hopefully law enforcement will understand his need to do what he did.” Justin kissed Brian with no desperation but with the need to just be in his embrace.  “We probably should shower. George will be here in about 30 minutes.”



Justin and Brian were freshly showered when George arrived.  And soon the kids and grandkids arrived. There was lots of love and lots of laughs as the evening progressed.  Brian filled in some of the missing details to his children while Taylor and Gage did a painting project in Justin’s studio.  


After that the conversation went to other family events.  Gus talked about the trip he was taking. Over the years he had completed his architect’s degree and he was competing for a new building in LA and he thought he had a good shot of winning it.


Brinn and Zach talked about their amazing honeymoon and some other changes they were thinking about.  Zach had already gotten a different job so he could work from home and when the baby was born he would be the main caregiver during the day.  Brinn told them that Tammy was thinking about leaving the lab and Brinn admitted it was losing interest now that Zach was doing so well. A good manager could be in charge of production on the drug.  


“Brinny, what do you think you would like to do?”  Justin asked as he leaned against Brian.


“I wasn’t sure but as Dad was talking about all the trouble he and Matty might be in I thought, maybe I’ll get my law degree.  I think tomorrow I will find out when the next bar exam is.”


“Just going to skip law school are you?” Gus smiled at his sister.


“Well, I have some knowledge of the law and I think I can pass it.  Then Daddies, will you hire me to work for the business.”


“Sweetheart, you get that passed and you can rescue Matteo and me.”


“Ok, I better get that passed so I can get you and Matty cleared before I have this baby.”


As the party began to break up, Brinn hugged Brian, “I am serious, Dad.  I am going to get you off with the best deal possible.”


“I don’t doubt that for a minute, Brinn.”  Brian kissed his daughter and then Justin hugged her tightly.  “Have I told you how happy I am to have you back? I love you.”


“Love you both.” Brinn kissed them as she and Zach left followed by Gus, Shelby, and the kids.


Brian and Justin cleaned up the kitchen enough.  As they walked to the bedroom, Brian’s phone pinged.  He looked at it, “The plane arrived in Ibiza safely. They just arrived at the Villa.”


“Well then, Dan and Marcus have Hannah home safe and sound.  Tony and John are safe, with the kids, in Ibiza, and our family is all back home, including having you back in my bed.  Life is good.” Justin leaned against Brian.


“Yes, it is.  This trip Gus is making….”


“He hopes to hook up with someone.  He told me. I reminded him to be safe and smart.”


“I hope he follows your advice, but I can tell he needs a male companion.” Brian pulled Justin’s shirt off.  “I don’t blame him at all. He may just have to find someone he likes and put him up. It’s not like he can’t afford it.  Hell, Seth’s old apartment is available and depending on the guy, I am sure we can find him a job in one of our businesses.  But right now I’m not worried about Gus’ love life.” Brian bit Justin’s lower lip.


“Oh god, yes….” was all he could say before they again removed their clothes and fell into bed for a night of love.