- Text Size +

Chapter 4


Brinn sighed as she felt Zach’s hand skim down her body.  “Good morning, Chase.” She brought her hand up to his cheek and stroked the stubble that had grown in overnight.


“Happy Birthday, Lulu Star. I realized we have been together for six years. And we have been engaged for almost a year and nothing would make me happier if we could set a date for our wedding and while I was being a fool I couldn’t think about anything but you and well,” he turned over and pulled a small gift out of the nightstand.  “I hope, maybe, you can wear this for the wedding. It isn’t much. I was kind of on a budget when I was away.”


Brinn took the small gift and slowly pulled off the paper.  She opened the lid which was on a hinge. In the box lined with satin was a large blue topaz pendant with a matching tennis bracelet and earrings.  “Oh, Chase…” she whispered. “They are stunning but how did you...I mean I know you have worked hard but this looks really expensive.”


“The stones were in a necklace my grandmother had.  I made a deal with the jeweler and he kept a couple of the stones and the extra platinum and created this set.  It had been a really gaudy piece and I couldn’t see you liking it much. There is one more piece but he didn’t have it quite finished and I decided that might be better for our wedding day anyway. “


“They are so lovely.  They are perfect for me. I mean, I would never wear something too big but these, oh Zach,” She kissed him. “I have missed you so much but, hell, Zach, if I don’t tell you it is going to drive me totally crazy.  Zach you told me to go out and enjoy life. Well, last weekend I was invited to Lake Tahoe. I haven’t even told you the exciting news. Tammy and I have a trial pending. I would love to see how you react to it.  I think it would work well for you. We hope to have approval to test it around the first of the year but if you are willing….”


“Brinn, you know I would trust you with my life.  I think you got sidetracked. What did you do in Lake Tahoe?  Did you have a wonderful time? Who did you go with?”


“Well, George was checking out a new chef to help with his school and he asked if I wanted to go along.”


“Did he hire him?”


“Yes, he did. They got along well. But Zach, I was trying to tell you…”


“Brinn,” Zach moved over her and lowered his mouth to her. As he kissed her his hand cupped her breast and ran his thumb over her nipple  “I don’t care what you did or who you did it with. Brinn, I left you. I am just so glad you still want me. I don’t know what I was thinking,” his mouth grazed one nipple and then the other. “I love you.  I will always love you. And all I can do is pray that you will never stop loving me.” Brinn felt him enter her and soon her mind was unable to hold a thought except that Chase was home where he belonged.



Melanie woke up and heard voices outside the door, “Gage, Mommy said we aren’t supposed to wake up our grandmas.  They had a late night.”


“But didn’t grandma come to see us?  I haven’t seen Grandma Mel for a long time.  I want her to see how big I got. And I want to show her I learned to read and…”


“You are going to get in trouble if you go in there.”

“But…”


Melanie kissed Lindsay and skimmed her hand over her breast. “You are still stunning.” She kissed her and then got up.  “Did you hear we have visitors?” She tossed Lindsay’s robe to her as she put on her own. “Well, who is outside our door?”  She opened it and saw Gage and Taylor standing there.


“Gage, I told you we weren’t supposed to wake them up.”


“Would you like to join us for a few minutes?”  Mel kissed each of them on the top of the head and they all piled into bed.  


“Grandma Lindsay, I like having you here in the morning, too,” Gage threw himself into her arms. “How long are you going to stay here, Grandma Mel?”


“Well, I hope to be here next week and then I will have to go back to work.”


“Grandma Lindz are you going to stay in California?” Taylor asked.


“Well, I had planned to stay until Christmas but your grandma and I will have to talk about it.”


Mel looked over the kids at Lindsay.  She wondered where Lindsay had been staying? Maybe in the cottages? She couldn’t see Lindsay staying in those this long.  Mel turned her attention back to the kids. She would get her answers later.


It was late morning by the time Lindsay and Mel made it downstairs with the older kids. Gus loved seeing his moms looking so happy together but he had a feeling that might not continue once his mama found out what Lindz had been up to.  Hopefully it didn’t show its ugly head today. He planned to have a couple drinks before they got to the house. He wasn’t sure he could handle Shelby and Seth in the same room and as much as he planned to stay loyal to Shelly, seeing Seth was never easy.  He poured himself a small whiskey and downed it. He figured it was his first dose of courage for the day. The first dose of many he expected.


Lindsay slid up next to him, took the bottle and glass out of his hands and poured one for herself before kicking it back.  “I have a feeling before the end of the day, I’m going to need more of that.” She kissed Gus’ cheek. “Now, I better get dressed.  I think this might be the first round of the day. “I’ll try to keep her under control if possible.” Lindsay moved up the stairs to their room.  


As she walked in the room Mel was lounging on the bed naked.  “So where have you been sleeping since you got here?”


“I spent a couple nights in one of the cottages.”


“Did you stay with Brian and Justin?”


“No, Mel.  You know I …. I’ve been staying with someone else. You will meet her today.  It is nothing serious. She knows I’m married and I’m not leaving you.”


“What the hell, Lindz!  You are just having sex with a woman that you met….”


“Her name is Tammy.  I have been sleeping with her since I got here over six weeks ago.  Don’t look all high and mighty. It’s not like you haven’t been with different women on a regular basis on business trips.”


“But….I might see other people from time to time but its not the same person for six weeks.”


“And that is supposed to make it better? At least I’m not bringing things home from different people.  Tammy is a doctor. She is working with Brinn in research. She is beautiful, intelligent, and …. She brought that beautiful baby into this world in the middle of a storm.   She’s sexy as hell and she has no idea.”


“Well, that explains why you have avoided coming home.”


“I avoided going home because my gallery runs itself.  When you eventually come home you either go on and on about a case or you go straight to bed. Mel, I can’t remember the last time we had made love like we did last night.  I love you and I will always love you but in love? I wasn’t sure until last night.”


“And what did you decide last night? Are you leaving me for this other….”


“I realized I can’t make any decisions right now. Mel, while I waited for you to decide to actually catch a flight in, I realized I am not your top priority.  I have known that for a long time and maybe, just maybe you’ll actually spend a week here, however, I give it until Monday when you get a call from the office or you start looking up something online to do with one of your cases. Mel, face it, you haven’t been here for me for years. But today isn’t the day for this conversation.  We have a beautiful son and three amazing grandchildren that I am thankful for and, Mel, I am thankful for you but you know we have things to talk about later. Agreed?”


Mel looked at Lindsay and started to say something but stopped herself, “You’re right about needing to talk and you’re right that today is not the day.  But we will have this conversation, Lindz, and soon.”


Lindsay went in the bathroom and shut and locked the door.  She needed a long hot shower. She wished she could talk to Tammy and she really needed more whiskey.  Mel finished dressing and went down to spend time with Gage and Taylor. Deep inside she wondered if was the end of their marriage.  She didn’t want it to end, not like this.  



Shelby and Gus laid on the bed.   “Why do I feel like a little kid sneaking around?” Gus said as he clamped down on one of her breasts and sucked so hard she cried out softly. The feeling spread through her entire body and Gus, being observant, brought his finger to her clit and as he did the same thing to her other breast, he squeezed her clit making her orgasm so hard her body continued to tremble for some time.


“Oh god, Gus!  That was beyond…”  She turned on her side and offered him her ass.  “Gus, why don’t you….” he was already running his hand over her smooth ass and as his finger traveled between her cheeks, his finger found the spot. He began to probe and as his finger was accepted he shivered but then he withdrew it.  He moved up close but surprised her when he prompted her onto her knees but he entered her vagina and began to thrust so hard she had to adjust her position so she didn’t collapse. It was fast and furious and within moments Gus filled her.  He moved out and just before she could drop back onto the bed, Gus kissed each of her ass cheeks and then spread them just far enough to gently kiss her puckered bud and as his tongue slipped in for just a second, Gus spasmed again but had nothing more to give.


Silently, Gus got out of bed and looked back at his wife, “Why don’t you take your shower first.  Tally will probably need a little snack before we go to the main house.”


Shelby was a little confused at what had just happened but she wasn’t going to ask right now.  She got up and kissed him, “I love you, Gus Kinney. I am so thankful you are my husband and the father of our four children.”  She walked into the bathroom and Gus walked to the mini bar, pouring himself a large drink. He took a sip but then drank it all down.  He knew Shelby offered him her back so he could have anal sex but he just couldn’t. It just made him think of Seth. It wasn’t just sex with Seth.  It had never just been sex. That’s what was making this so difficult. He poured a little bit more into the glass and finished it just as Talia squeaked a little.  He picked her up and kissed her head.


“Oh, little one, I want nothing more than for my children to have the best life ever and I will give up anything for that,” he held her close as a wave of loss passed over him but as Tally looked at her daddy and smiled up at him reaching for his nose, he smiled.  “Yes, my life is still so full,” he kissed her forehead just as Shelby walked out.


“Did you say something, Gussy?”


“Our daughter and I were just discussing what a lucky man I am,” he handed Tally to Shelby and dropped a kiss on Shelby’s nose.as he walked into the bathroom. 


As she instinctively brought her daughter to her breast she softly said, “How much did your daddy drink while I was in the shower?” Tally latched onto her nipple.  “He really wants us all to be happy even though he is hurting a little so we will just have to distract him and show him we are all he needs.”



Zach laid in bed watching Brinn sleep.  He had almost forgotten how stunning she was. After talking with Caitlin and Matty, they finally convinced him that she would not be happy without him.  And he knew she had been with someone else but, hell, he didn’t care if she had been with a dozen other men, he honestly believed she was his. And after the way she reacted to him last night, she was very satisfied with what he had to offer. He just had to stay healthy but he saw how excited Brinn was talking about their new research and he just knew this had to be really promising or Brinn wouldn’t be so excited.


Zach began trailing his finger across her body..  He then blew gently on her nipple and he watched it pucker as his tongue flicked it. “God, Zach, I need you again.”


“I’m happy to oblige.”  He entered her and glided in and out as he watched her face. She loved him.  This gorgeous, brilliant, millionaire loved him! He shouted and she screamed as they came once more.



Justin had been up early.  He wasn’t sure why but he felt uneasy.  He was so glad Brinn was whole again but he knew his daughter and he wasn’t sure how long it would be before she told Zach about the weekend with George and if she told him, how would Zach react.  And then there was Gus. He understood why Molly felt Seth had to be invited but Gus was struggling and this wasn’t going to make it easier. And then of course there was Mel, Lindsay, and Tammy. Mel was never quiet about anything.  If she got upset everyone would know it. If anyone got out of hand he was going to…


“Sunshine, where are you? I have been trying to get your attention for the last five minutes,” Brian’s arms went around Justin’s waist as Justin leaned back against him.


“I’m sorry, Brian. I was just …. Today is just going to be a disaster!  I want to celebrate the fact that we are all together but Gus is going to be miserable and Zach and George will be in the same room, not to mention the fact that Mel may try to pick a fight with Tammy or Lindz, or hell, you.  She can blame you for anything.”


“Ah, Sunshine. I’m a big boy.  I’d like to show you how big I am right now.” he kissed Justin’s neck and began to lift his robe.


“Brian, please,” Justin turned to face him and Brian pulled him close.


“I’m sorry.  I didn’t realize you were so worried about this,” Brian kissed his forehead.  “Sunshine, our family may be crazy and volatile but the hell if they are going to ruin our day.  We will have plenty of wine and whiskey available and the first one that gets out of hand is gone.”


Justin’s head dropped on Brian’s chest, “I’m sorry I am being such an  ass. I don’t know why this is hitting me….”

“Justin, you don’t have to have a reason.  It’s our daughter’s birthday. 21 years ago today was a milestone for a lot of reasons.” Brian’s arms tightened, “Remember how small she was? I remember holding her for the first time.  I remember watching you hold her as I got that phone call. No one, and I mean NO ONE is going to ruin this day.” Brian put a hand on either side of his waist and lifted him onto the counter.  He tilted his head toward Justin and Justin’s mouth came down on his while his hands opened his robe. Brian’s mouth worked its way down Justin’s chest and abdomen and then he took Justin’s cock in his mouth. Brian gave Justin his full attention and soon Justin wasn’t worrying about the day.  


Justin’s world only included Brian right now and he realized Brian was all he needed. As his body gave up the fight for control, so did Justin’s mind.   As Brian stood, Justin smiled at him. “I love our family but I just realized as long as I have you, I have all I need. Our kids have what they need because we raised them right. Whatever happens with everyone else, the hell with it.  They can take care of themselves.”


“I love you, Sunshine. Now, there’s a matter of this hardon I have right now and I would love to place it somewhere tight and hot….” Brian helped Justin off the counter.


“Let’s go take a shower.  We have plenty of time to enjoy ourselves and be ready for our company.  Good thing George is coming. He’ll help pull the meal together.”



George was the first to arrive.  Justin already had the turkey in the oven and Brian was putting together the beverages.  He made apple cider in two versions, one for the kids and one for the adults. He also made sure there was plenty of wine and any number of liquors available.  


“Well, Brian, are you planning on everyone getting drunk today?”


“I want that to be an option for anyone who needs it.”


“Now that sounds ominous.  Are you expecting trouble?”  George patted Brian’s shoulder.


“George, you slept with my daughter and now her fiance is back in town.  I don’t have to worry about anything, do I?”


“Of course not.  Brinn and I are friends.  She never led me on. She and Zach are made for each other.”


“See, Justin, that’s one less person we  have to worry about.”


“I can help keep people separate if you let me know who you want kept apart.”


“What the hell,” Brian filled George in on what they were afraid could happen today.  “I mean, hell, George, you are involved in two of the trios I mentioned.”


“Mine are harmless, I promise, and I will help keep the peace anyway I can.””


Soon the house began to fill.  There were people everywhere and the noise level was high.  Gus and his family, along with both his mothers arrived and shortly after that Brinn and Zach showed up.  Justin wrapped his arms around his daughter. “Happy Birthday, Brinny. You look stunning. You are glowing. And this jewelry….”


“Isn’t it beautiful?  Zach had it designed for me.” Brinn pulled Zach close to her and he slipped his arm around her.  Justin stepped back a little bit. 


“It is stunning.  I couldn’t be happier for you.” Brinn knew he wasn’t talking about the jewelry.  “Your dad and I have something for you, too.”


“You always pick the best  gifts, Daddy. What is it?”


“Well, sweetheart, this might not be what you want for your birthday but we know Zach was the only one thing you really wanted and you got that. Brian, come over here.” 


Brian came over and kissed Brinn’s cheek. “Happy Birthday, Brinny. Has your dad told you about your gift?”


“That’s why I called you over. Brinn, of course, we will pay for your wedding any time you want to have it but your gift is, we want you to have a honeymoon in Bali. We know money means nothing but this place….this place was so amazing.  You two deserve time away, time alone. 


Brian pulled Justin closer, “You know I am not the overly romantic type most of the time but there is something so special about that place.  We want the two of you to start your marriage in a perfect setting.”


“Oh, Dad, Daddy, that is so amazing. It’s perfect.” She kissed each of her fathers and then wrapped her arms around Zach.  She whispered something to him and he nodded. “Hey, everyone, we would like to tell everyone something,” Brinn called loudly.  The noise went down a couple notches but then Gus whistled loudly and everyone looked their way. “Thanks, Gussy. We would like to invite all of you to our wedding on Valentine’s day, if that’s Ok with you, Daddies.”  Brinn’s face was glowing as she said it.


“Oh, of course that’s perfect.” Justin kissed both of them and Brian followed suit.


“I am guessing this is going to take a lot of careful planning?” Brian said looking at Justin.


“Let’s just say it is a good thing money is no object and we better hope Emmett isn’t doing something for some senator or celebrate that day.  George, you can clear your schedule, can’t you?”


George walked over and smiled, “Anything for Brinn,” he kissed her cheek and hugged Zach.  Matty and Caitlin were next along with Gus and Shelby and soon everyone was congratulating them.


Tammy arrived and was looking in the window at the celebration when she felt a presence behind her.  Her head jerked back to see Seth. “Sorry, I wasn’t trying to sneak up on you. What’s so interesting?”


“Hey, Seth, “We haven’t officially met.  I’m Tammy.”


“Nice to officially meet you.  We have said hi in passing a couple times.  Oh, Mel’s here,” he hesitated. “I think that puts us both in the same situation today.”


“Ya, they are too nice not to invite us but, face it, we both have people who don’t want us here.”


“Well, how about we hang together today.  We can have each other’s back,” Seth smiled down at her.  “Now what’s going on?”


“From what I could hear Brinn and Zach have a wedding date although I didn’t catch that part.”


“Well, let’s go find out.  I’m getting hungry and George helped with the cooking, although Justin is a really  good cook, too.” They slipped into the house just as the last of the family was congratulating the happy couple.   


Tammy walked up to Brinn. “Oh, Tammy, when did you get here?”


“I came in at the very end.  So when is the big day?”


“Valentine’s Day,” Brinn was beaming.


Tammy hugged her and whispered, “All is good with you and Zach?”


“Ya, but I need to talk to you sometime today.  I need your advice.”


“Of course, Brinn.  We’ll make time.”



“Is that her?” Mel asked Lindsay as she looked over at Brinn.  She’s the only person I don’t recognize. “She’s very pretty.”


“Yes, she is,” Lindsay’s voice went took a softer tone then she meant for it.  


Mel’s arm went around her waist and pulled her a little closer, kissing her possessively.  “Mel, stop it. Play nice or…..” Lindsay didn’t finish the sentence but her expression told Mel everything she needed to know.  “Let me introduce you to her.”


Brian walked up behind Justin in the kitchen and slipped his hand around and grabbed his crotch.  “Let the sparks begin.”


Justin kissed his cheek, “Let go of me.  I have dinner to get on the table. If you want to hang onto something, get all those drinks out you worked on earlier.  Maybe count the heads and seats and make sure….”


“Darling, we have plenty of spots.You always make sure there is room for everyone.  I’ll get the drinks.”


Tyler saw Seth hanging out by himself and walked over to him, patting him on the back.   “You Ok? I am sure this isn’t easy.”


“G made the only decision he could make.” Seth looked at Shelby as Molly took Talia from her.  “If he wasn’t such a good man I wouldn’t love him so much. It’s just time for me to move on. Do you know any single adults out there that are looking for a great man?” He smiled at Tyler.


“You know, you are a great catch.  I will put Molly on that assignment.  She’s got great taste.” Both men laughed.


“Hey, everyone, the food is almost all out but before we eat I would like to say something,” Brian said getting everyone’s attention. “We just want to let you all know how thankful we are you could join us today.  We know all of you are concerned about Dan and Marcus. I can tell you they are safe and they are with Danny and his husband. Ah, hell, I don’t know what I’m trying to say other than there was a time this year I wasn’t sure we would be standing here with all of you and now,” Brian scooped up Tally from Molly’s arms, “We have another beautiful granddaughter and are preparing for a wedding.  And well, I wouldn’t want to have this life with anyone other than all of you and, especially, you, Sunshine. If it wasn’t for you I would have died 21 years ago and none of this would have ever ….”


“Shut up, Bri,” Justin said as he kissed him.  “Eat, everyone, everything is ready.” Justin turned and kissed Brian in a long, gentle kiss.  When they finally separated, Justin took Tally in his arms, “I love you, Brian’ Kinney. I always have and always will.” 


Gus retrieved his daughter from Brian and while Shelby was helping the kids through the food line, Gus couldn’t stop himself. He walked over to where Tammy and Seth stood, “Let me see that gorgeous child,” Tammy said as she stole Tally away.  As soon as she did, Gus glanced at Seth but then thought better of it and he moved back to Shelby and the kids, he took a shot of whiskey before picking up a drink for Gage and Taylor. Tammy snuggled Tally and noticed Seth looking at her. “She’s beautiful, isn’t she?” Tammy cooed at her.


“She is.  She reminds me of her daddy.  Those eyes, they look just like Gus,” he reached over and touched her cheek.  “I….” Seth swallowed hard, “I need a drink,” as he started to step away, Tammy grabbed his hand, “Seth, you are far too good a man to be alone. We will work on that.” She kissed his cheek.  “Now let’s get some food along with that drink.”


Mel noticed Tammy with Seth and she softly said to Lindsay, “I know Seth is bi.  Is Tammy?” Lindsay looked over and saw Seth and Tammy getting in line for dinner.

“Mel, I don’t really care if she is or isn’t.” Lindsay got in line behind Seth and Tammy. 


Soon everyone had gone through the line.  George was the last one to sit down and the only chair left was across from Zach.  As everyone enjoyed their meal, Brinn began to get quiet. She looked over at George and then at Zach.  She should have told him. She didn’t want to hide anything from him. “I’m going to get a little more,” Brinn kissed Zach, “can I get you anything?  Another roll or some more turkey?”


“I’m going to let this settle and then I plan on getting another plateful.” Zach rested his hand on her firm ass. He reached for her hand and kissed it, “Don’t be gone too long.”  


Gus met Brinn at the bar.  He poured himself another drink but before he had a chance to pick up the glass Brinn had drained it. “Holy shit, Brinn.  That was mine.” He poured another one and she finished that one.


“Brinn!”


“Well, my guess is you have had plenty already today.”


“What do you need that for anyway? Hell, you are getting married in less than three months to the man you love.”


“And you’ve been married to the woman you love for 10 years.”


“Yes, but Seth…”


Brinn wrapped her arms around him.  “I’m sorry. I know how much you love Seth, too.”


“Brinny, don’t ever mess with love.  It hurts too much.”


“Ya, well I kind of got myself into a mess,” Brinn drug Gus down the hall out of earshot of everyone.  “Gus, last weekend George and I went to Lake Tahoe and, well, it had been so long and George is such a great guy and…”


“You slipped.”


“No, I jumped in with both feet, multiple times and Zach says he doesn’t care but….”


“He knows you and George…”


“No, he knows I was with someone. I was going to tell him but he said he didn’t care. And then, well, we got sidetracked. I just feel like I need to tell him.”


“Brinn, trust me, don’t tell him, not now.  Maybe someday but you didn’t lie to him. He knows you were with someone.  You didn’t hold that back. Just love him and he will love you.”


“Thanks, Gussy.  I don’t know what I would do without you,” she kissed him.  “Let’s go get another drink and join the family.”


“Ya, I better check on my moms.  Mama isn’t very happy with Mom seeing Tammy.  For that matter, neither am I.” Gus took one more shot before heading out into the crowd.  He saw Mel heading across the room to where Tammy and Seth stood. He wondered how much Mel had to drink today. “Mama, Mel….” Gus’ voice was slurred as he leaned on Mel.  “How would you like to have a drink with me, Mama?”

 

Mel looked, really looked at her son and for the first time saw the stress on his face. “Gus, come here.  Let’s go outside for a breath of fresh air.” They went out the back door grabbing a couple sweaters as they left.  They sat together on the swing and Gus put his arms around her.


“You really loved him, didn’t you?”


“Oh, Mama, I still do,” Gus dropped his head on Mel’s shoulder and she wrapped her arms around her son. “And now you and Mom are at each other’s throats and….  I know you haven’t been 100% faithful, Mama. Mom has known it for years.”


Mel was silent for a moment, “But, I never flaunted it.  I never found someone that I wanted to be with again. I…..”


“You were detached? It was just physical?  That’s not the way Mom works and I think she’s been lonely.”


“I just….” Mel was now sitting up straight and defensive.


“Mama, I don’t want to fight. I just don’t want any more pain.  Maybe you need to decide if you really want Mom, or maybe you can agree to, hell Mama, you two will never not love each other and maybe that will be enough.”


“Oh, Gus, I don’t want to cause you more pain.  Your mom and I will talk it over like grown adults.”


“And not like a lawyer with a witness on the stand?”


“Gus, I don’t….” the look Gus gave her told her what he thought. “I promise I’ll try.”


“Tammy is a great woman, Mama.  If it wasn’t for her, Tally may not be here, healthy and beautiful. And Brinn was on her way to a serious addiction but Tammy got her refocused.”


“So she’s perfect and I am just…”


“Oh, Mama, you are wonderful but you might be just a tad overbearing and headstrong sometimes.  Let’s go back inside. My mind is starting to clear and it is getting fucking cold out here.”


“Gus, I love you. I love your family and I love your mom.”


“I know, Mama.”


Brian stood by the counter drinking the spiked apple cider he had made.  Justin walked up behind him and slid his hand into the front of his pants.  “God, as much as I want that, my pants are already so tight!” Justin removed his hand and just ran it down the front of Brian’s fly.  He began to stroke him firmly and rhythmically. Brian flipped around and took Justin in his arms. Justin could feel the effect he had on Brian. 


“I love you, Brian Kinney. Even 30 years later.”


“Don’t you two ever get tired of doing that?”  Mel said as she walked in the door.  


Justin walked over and dropped a kiss on Mel’s cheek, “Let me get you a drink, Mel.”


Mel took the cider Justin handed her and knocked it back.  


Another hour passed and people started thinning out.  John and Tony left. They were driving up to the Lighthouse on the ruse that they were doing business.  They actually were going to check on Dan and Marcus and Jonna was going to spend a little time with Hannah this weekend giving Dan and Marcus a little personal time with Danny and Elliott.  They had some adult decisions to make.


By 8:00 pm, Tyler had helped Shelby get Gus home and then Molly and Tyler went home, too. Soon the only people left in the house were Mel and Lindsay, Zach and Brinn, Tammy, Seth, and George, and of course Brian and Justin, who were sitting back to see what happened next.  


Brinn watched Tammy go down the hall to use the restroom and she waited for her to come out. “Hey Brinn, you look worried.”  Tammy put an arm around her waist and led her into Justin’s therapy room where they sat on his exercise table.


“Tammy, I just don’t know what to do.  Gus told me not to say anything more and Zach says he doesn’t care if I was with someone but Tammy, I don’t think George has any STDs but we didn’t use protection.  We just had sex all weekend. What if I got something and if I gave it to Zach…”


“Brinn, it is highly unlikely George has anything.  He would have told you and been careful if he does. But if it makes you feel better next week when we are back at the lab, I can draw some blood and check it out.”


“Oh, Tammy, that would make me feel so much better.  Zach is doing so well right now and if I gave him something that messed with his immune system I would never forgive myself.” 


Tammy gave her a hug.  “Don’t worry, just go take your man home and love him, unless you pass out first.”


“Thanks, Tammy.” Brinn hugged her tightly before they walked back to the living room.  As they did so, Brinn was sure she heard some noise in her Dad’s office. “Did you hear that?”


Tammy smiled at her, “You know your dads.  They are probably…”


“Never mind,” Brinn laughed.  


As they arrived in the main room, Brinn was instantly distracted and Tammy was happy to see Lindsay alone.  Tammy glanced around and didn’t see Mel anywhere. She walked over to Lindsay, “How’s it going?” She wanted to touch her so bad but other than letting their fingers brush against each other, she resisted anything more intimate.  “Stone House is a little lonely.”


Lindsay smiled at her.  “She’ll be here for about a week.  Then I’m all yours until Christmas. After that I am going to have to go home.”


“I do understand, Lindsay.  I really do,” she stated.



“Kinney, I should have known better.  I expected this years ago but I thought maybe you had finally matured enough that you would leave us alone.” Mel yelled at Brian in his office.


“Mel, what are you talking about? I didn’t invite Lindsay here and I definitely didn’t want those two to have,” he shivered, “sex.  They are both intelligent women who happened to hit it off.”


“Lindsay has always been satisfied with our marriage but then Dr. Dish walks past and ….” Mel picked up a pillow on the sofa and threw it at him.  “I knew I didn’t want to be tied to you the rest of my life but sharing grandchildren….”


Brian walked over to her and looked down at her. Softly, but with an edge to his voice, he said, “You have never been able to bully me like you do with so many people.  You may be an excellent lawyer, but I know who you really are Melanie Marcus. There has always been that small part of you that was insecure and right now, you feel helpless. You hate that but none of this is my fault. Now, I’m going to enjoy the rest of the holiday with my family.”  Brian walked out of his office leaving Mel standing alone.


When he entered the main room Justin appeared, “Where have you been?” Justin’s hand moved below Brian’s waist and he whispered, “I have an itch that I’ve started itching.” Brian’s hand moved down to Justin’s ass and could feel a low vibration. His hand entered Brian’s pocket where he left the remote. “Torture me, sweetly, Brian,” Justin’s lips met Brian’s and he melted against him.  


Brian saw Lindsay and Tammy talking and tried to get their attention and just in time Tammy figured out what he was trying to tell them.  She excused herself from Lindsay and walked over to Seth, who was sitting by himself in a corner. “What are you doing here all by yourself?”


“Basically, I am sobering up.  In another half hour I should be sober enough to drive back to my empty apartment.”


“I was about to go home.  Think you can drive across the property?  I have plenty more to drink there.”


“If I drink anymore, I’m going to have to stay overnight.”


“Fine with me.  I’m going to say goodnight.  Come over any time.”


“I’ll be there soon.” Seth smiled over at her.  


Tammy said goodbye and as she left, Seth also said goodbye.  



George had talked to Brinn and Zach about the wedding before going home.  He promised he would clear his calendar and see if he could find a venue, along with being given Emmitt’s name and number.  Brinn and Zach were just walking out when Mel walked up to Lindsay and pulled her close and gave her a kiss that demanded a lot. By the time they separated both women were trembling a bit.  


Brian walked over to Lindz.  He brought her close and said, “Don’t let her run over you.  Stand up for yourself and you know there are plenty of places to sleep on this compound.”


“I know, Brian,” he kissed her cheek.  “You don’t deserve her shit.”


“I’m a big girl, Brian, but I love that you care.”


Justin moved close and moved between Lindz and Mel.  “Glad you two could make it. Enjoy your night.” Justin pressed his vibrating ass against Brian’s cock. 


Brian dropped his head to Justin’s neck. “Ladies, I really don’t care if you stay or go but we are going to our room because….god, I love this man!” Brian directed Justin down the hall as they heard Mel wind up.


“What do you mean you’re a big girl.  You make me sound like some kind of bully, I am not a bully. I flew across the country to be with my wife on Thanksgiving only to….”


“You came to see our granddaughter.  Are you going to tell me that you haven’t been with anyone since I left?”


“Don’t go there, Lindsay.  I don’t have anyone I see regularly.  I haven’t tried to hide the fact that when I’m out of town I ….I don’t spend the night alone in the hotel room.”


“Mel, what do you really want from me.  I’m not going home when you go home. I will think about it and by Christmas I will let you know.  Now, do you want me to come back with you or should I take Brian up on his offer to sleep here.”


Melanie started with a sharp retort but then looked at the woman she had loved for so many years. “Come back with me, Lindsay, please. I mean to Gus’ house.  I think we have a lot to talk over while I’m here but I want to be with you tonight.” They shut off a few lights as the left Brian and Justin alone in their house.


By the time Brian had shut the door and locked it, Justin laid naked on the bed. Brian joined him moments later.  They did nothing quickly. Every stroke, every kiss was done to please the other. Brian brought Justin to the brink only to stop and Justin moved down and took Brian in his mouth.  When Brian couldn’t take any more, he moved behind Justin and gently removed the vibrator and moved in to take its place.


“So, today wasn’t perfect,” Justin reached back and grabbed a fistful of Brian’s hair as Brian began to move quicker. “But, oh yes, right there,” Brian’s hand moved to cup Justin’s balls. 


“Justin, .no one’s life is perfect but ours is perfect for us.” They both climaxed and Brian pulled Justin close. “I think 21 years ago we did nearly the same thing.  We celebrated the birth of our precious daughter and now, that daughter will be married in less than 3 months. Our life has been, well I won’t say it’s all been easy but we have both succeeded in our lives and how many people can say they have been married almost 22 years. Do you think we can last another 22 years?”


“Oh, god, yes!  Yes I hope we have another 22 years together. Hell, why not 42 years?”


“Well, considering what I have gone through, the likelihood of me living to 102 is pretty slim.  I have put my liver through far too much to live that long, not to mention what the chemo has probably done to my body.”


“Well, my brain probably won’t last that long so, hopefully when it is time for us to go, we go together.”  


Brian began to move again but Justin turned to face him.  “I just want to kiss you. I want to look into your eyes. I want to touch your face.  I love you.”


Brian pulled Justin close. “I could kiss you and touch you for the rest of our lives.”



Tammy and Seth sat on the overstuffed sofa in front of the fire.  They both had been drinking steadily since they got to Stone House. “Tammy, thanks for inviting me over but this probably wasn’t so smart. I mean, Gus set this place up for us.I look at this couch and I picture him hanging over one of the armrests.  I nearly ripped him apart the first time we were together. The poor guy had to work his way up to take me and no one has ever felt so good to me.”


“So, are you really that big? Maybe I should,” Tammy got on one knee on the sofa but lost her balance and the next thing she knew she was in Seth’s arms.  Tammy moved a little closer and kissed him. “Seth, I don’t want to seem pushy but I could really use a large distraction tonight,” her hand slipped into his lap and she could feel the bulge in his pants.  “Sorry, I don’t have a cock to offer you but…”


Seth threw Tammy over his shoulder as he stood up. He swayed a bit and set her down, “I wanted to carry you upstairs but I am afraid we would both end up injured and then I wouldn’t be able to show you...oh hell,” he undid his jeans and let them drop.  His cock was evident through the briefs. “Do you think you can handle…”


“Let’s see if I can handle it.” She reached out and her hand moved into his underwear. “Holy shit, Seth.  It’s been a while since I have taken a cock but I am looking forward to this.” She started up the stairs, one hand still grasping his erection.


The next thing Tammy knew the sun was streaming into the window, her head hurt, and she had muscle aches she hadn’t had in years,  That’s when a couple things came into focus. She was in bed with a very handsome, well endowed man and, as nice as last night was, she wanted to find a woman of her own.  “Good morning.”


“Morning, Tammy. How are you today? Does your head feel like mine?”


“I think it does. Can you tell me if we were at least safe last night?”


“Ya, Gus had a large stash of condoms in this bathroom.  I would never have risked…”


“Oh, Seth, I wasn’t trying to put it on you, really.”


“I know, Tam.  You and I were both willing drunks last night.”


“Let me go make some breakfast.  Eggs and toast sound alright?”


“Ya, getting something in my stomach will probably help and then I need to get to the bar.  The coffee side of things opened early this morning for all those crazy Black Friday shoppers and I said I would be there by 11:00 to help with the lunch rush. We both got pretty drunk last night.”


“Ya, it’s been a while since I drank that much.  Go ahead and shower if you want. I will have the food ready in about ten minutes.” 


Tammy wrapped her robe around her as she stood up.  Seth stood. He was impressive man and as she looked at him, she knew that would be the last time she ever slept with a man.  He dropped a kiss on her cheek. “Thanks for inviting me in last night. It would have been quite unbearable and being with you showed me I am ready to find a woman of my own again.”


“That’s funny! I was just thinking the same thing.”