- Text Size +

Chapter 9 



Everything seemed to be on schedule for the wedding.  They found a beautiful ballroom in San Francisco and they had one wing of one floor reserved for the week.  They had all the details settled by the last week of January. Brian had to deal with a tearful Justin nearly every day.  He kept saying he knew it was silly since Brinn hadn’t lived with them in a few years but his baby was getting married and having a baby.  Brian just held him and let him get it out of his system


There was a bright spot in everyone’s life, especially in the Reeves-Reed household.  Hannah was officially a member of their family. The family court judge had reviewed all the files including the threats made by Kim’s hired investigators and it was decided it was best for Hannah to stay in the only home she ever knew.  Her aunt had the right to see her four times a year but it had to be convenient for Dan and Marcus, also. She couldn’t make any demands.


Marcus and Dan planned a get together to celebrate..  Tally and Gus both had colds so Shelby took the older kids to the party while they stayed home.  Gus really didn’t mind. He had been staying close to home since Seth had left town. Another reason he had been staying close to home was he had gotten several texts from an unknown number. Each week he was getting more. They had to be from Adam.  Just like Seth had said, he was starting to look like trouble. The first couple had just said things like hope you are well and can we get together some night but then they started getting more demanding. When am I going to see you again. Why haven’t you responded?  Gus was starting to wonder if he needed to get Dan or Tyler involved.  


As he sat watching TV with Talia lying on his chest, his phone rang.  He looked at the number and saw it was him. He had never gotten a call before. Maybe he could reason with him. “Gus Kinney,” he answered.


“Finally, I was starting to think you were ignoring me.  It has been almost a month and you haven’t called me.”


“Adam, that was your name, right?”


“Oh, Gus, don’t act coy.  You know my name.”


“Adam, I told you it was just a one night thing.  I heard you called my friend and bothered him.”


“You mean your ex.  Yes, I wanted to make sure he knew you had someone new.”


“Adam, I am a married man with a family.  I do not have a boyfriend. I don’t have time for a boyfriend and right now I feel like shit.  It is just a cold but I don’t have the energy for this conversation.”


“But the night we had was amazing.  I had heard all about the Taylor-Kinney prowess and then I actually got to see it in action. Are you home alone now? I could come see you.  I know where your house is.”


“NO!  Don’t you ever come here. Maybe we can have a drink some time but it is going to have to wait a couple of weeks.  I will be out of town for a week for a wedding so it will have to be after Valentine’s Day. I promise, I will call you and we can get a drink but it will have to be after the 15th.”


“Really, Gus.  Oh, I can’t wait!”


“Adam, when we met you were staying at the hotel.  Do you live here now?”


“I have always lived nearby.  I just got the hotel room so I didn’t have to drive.  I work here in town so I am always around. I wish it could be sooner but I will wait.  I will see you in a couple weeks.”


“Sure, Adam.  Just remember, under no circumstances should you come here.”


“Alright, Gus.”  The call ended.


“Well, Tally, it seems like your daddy got himself in trouble again. I am sorry I am such a screw up.” Talia started fussing and was coughing again. “Sweetheart, let’s give you something for that cough.”  



Danny and Elliott were greeting people as they arrived.  Hannah ran back and forth between the four men that loved her to death and her favorite babysitter, Jonna. She was so happy she just couldn’t stand still.  Danny finally scooped her up and she giggled as Elliott snuggled her from behind. “So, what name are you going to use now, Hannah? Are you going to be Hannah Banana?  What did the judge say?”


“My name isn’t Banana, sillly.  You just call me that. My name is Hannah Diane Reeves-Reed.  Diane is my mommy’s name. I wish I could talk to her sometimes but I love my family.” Hannah hugged Danny tightly.  “We have the best daddies. They love us and they fight for us.”


“Yes, Hannah Banana, they love us so much.  Now, why don’t you go get some pizza before all the cheese is gone.” Danny set her down and kissed her head before she ran off.


“Too bad Gus and Talia aren’t here.  I hope it’s nothing serious.” Elliott commented.  


Soon Danny was swept up in the craziness of Brinn and Zach’s wedding.  Elliott went off to a corner and thought he would call Gus and see how they were doing.    “Hey, El.” Gus coughed and he could hear Tally crying.


“How are the two of you doing?”


Gus coughed again and then said, “Tally’s running a fever. Hell, I think I am too.”


“I’m coming over.  I’ll bring my bag. I have some antibiotics with me in case you need something.”  Elliott walked over to Danny and whispered his plans.


“Do you want me to go, too.”


“No, Junior, you stay here with your family.  I will be back in a bit. If I’m gone longer than expected, go ahead and tell everyone our exciting news.”


“You just get back so we can tell them together.” Danny kissed him before Elliott grabbed his doctor’s bag and left.


Shelby came up, “Where is Elliott going? Did Gus call?”


“Actually he called Gus.  He isn’t always a fan of big parties so he decided to just go check on Gus.  He said he was coughing quite a bit on the phone. He’ll check them both over and then he will be back.”


Shelby kissed his cheek, “You found a great guy there.”


“Ya, just like you did.” Danny put an arm around Shelby as they continued to talk about the upcoming wedding.


Elliott arrived and Gus answered the door flushed and coughing and holding a crying Talia.  He dropped his coat and took the baby. When is the last time she had anything for the cough and fever?”


“I just gave her some about ten minutes ago.”


“Ok, that’s good. I’m going to put her down in her bassinet and take a look at you.  I think you are worse off than she is right now. He kissed Talia’s forehead and laid her in bed. He propped her bottle of water up with a stuffed animal and then took Gus over to a chair and made him sit down.  He tried to put the thermometer under Gus’ tongue. 


“I am not going to sit here with that….”


“Gus, there are two places I can stick that.  Do you prefer the opposite end?”


“Fuck, no!”


“Then shut up and hold it under your tongue.”  He listened to his lungs and heard the deep cough he had.  I don’t think an antibiotic will help you at all.however, a steroid shot might help with the cough.”


“A shot, hell no!”


“Are you always such a bad patient.”


Gus slumped, “I guess I am.  Ever since I was laid up for months.”


“What were you laid up with?”


“I severe break,” Gus undid his pants and showed Elliott the faint scar he had down his leg.  “It took months of therapy to walk again. The first man I fell in love with was my nurse during that time.  Lucky was amazing. We met up years later and were lovers for a while. Actually Shelby was with him too. Oh my dad was with him for a while, too.”


“I think Danny mentioned him once.  That’s not the man he was with but that is when his name was brought up.”  Gus coughed long and hard. “Ok, let me see those cheeks that look so perfect in pants.”


“Excuse me, I know you do not need to see my whole ass for a shot that could be given in the hip.”  As Gus started coughing again he bent over a bit and Elliott took advantage and gave him the injection.  “Shit! That hurts.” 


“Well, I will be back tomorrow and give you one more. Here is some really good cough syrup but don’t take it until Shelby is home because it will put you to sleep.” Elliott checked on Talia again and she was sleeping soundly now.  Why don’t you go upstairs. I will bring Talia up and get both of you tucked in before I leave.   


Elliott, gently changed Talia’s diaper not waking her up and then tucked her in her bed right next to Gus.  He turned to Gus and pulled the blankets up tightly. He made sure there was water for him and a bottle of water for Tally.  “Try to sleep, Gus. I am sure Shelby will be home soon and we will get you feeling better.” He lightly brushed his lips against Gus’ cheek before he left the room.



Elliott was still taking off his coat when Shelby was at his side.  “How’s my family?”


“Talia is fine.  She had a low grade fever, totally normal for a baby with a cold but after some cold medicine she is sleeping soundly.   Gus is really feeling shitty. I gave him a shot, hoping that will stop the cough from settling in. I left him some cough syrup but he can’t take that until you’re home.”


Shelby kissed Elliott’s cheek.  “Thank you. I’ll get the kids ready to go home.”


“Wait one minute.  Danny and I are going to make an announcement once I can pin my gorgeous husband down.”  Elliott was looking around. “Oh, there he is.”


Minutes later Danny and Elliott stood in the middle of the room and loudly got everyone’s attention. “Dad and Marcus can you come over here? Hannah Banana, come here?”  Danny said. Elliott scooped her up. “We just want to tell everyone how much we love you all and are so glad you are here to help us celebrate Hannah Diane Reeves-Reed become legal although she has been part of our family since the day Brinn and I found her.  And El and I want to thank my dads for all their support. Because of them we can meet our dreams quicker. Elliott and I are opening a clinic about half an hour from here. We have bought a building that had been a doctor’s office so we don’t have much to add, just some updating and the town is giving us an interest free loan for those updates as long as we stay until the loan is paid off.  We also found a perfect house that is 20 minutes away from here so you are going to be stuck with us.”


Everyone erupts in cheers and as soon as everything calms down, Shelby stops next to Justin.  “Hey, your boy isn’t feeling well. I’m going to go home so he doesn’t have to take care of Tally and I can take care of both of them.  Taylor and Gage are having so much fun, can you drop them off when you come home?”


“Sure, do you want us to keep them overnight? I know we have some of their clothes at our place, unless they outgrew them already. If nothing else they can sleep in my T shirts or Taylor could wear some of Brinn’s old stuff.”


“That would be great.  Elliott said Gus is really not feeling well and we all know he is not the best patient, plus I don’t want them getting sick.  We have a wedding to be healthy for.” She quickly tracked down her kids and they were both excited to go home with their grandpas so she was free to go take care of her babies.



“Oh, Danny, that is such great news!  Now I know you will be able to be there when it is time for our baby to come along.”  Brinn kissed her best friend.


“I would be honored, Brinn, if Zach doesn’t mind.  I mean some guys are a little territorial, and that is understandable.”


“Zach knows you are no threat.  I could never stand up to Elliott,” she smiled at Danny, knowing how much he loved his husband.


“Well, I told my GP I plan to have a home delivery with a couple friends delivering and since she knows Tammy is an MD and you are a PA she said she would be happy to do the preliminary appointments as long as Tammy keeps up with my charts.”


“By the time that baby is ready to appear, we will be near.  We hope by April we will be near.” 



Shelby found Talia sound asleep but poor Gus, had gone back downstairs because he didn’t want to wake her up.  “Poor Gussy, not that I don’t want to sleep with you but the kids are with your dads for the night so maybe you could sleep in Gage’s room.”


“Ya, I don’t want to wake her up.  I think she is feeling a little better.”


“That’s what Elliott said.  He also said he gave you some cough syrup that will help.”


“Ya, he also stuck me with a needle. And it hurt.”


“Awe, poor baby.  Do you want me to kiss it and make it better?  I’d rather not get your germs but I don’t think your cold has spread down there.”  Shelby had gotten the bottle of medicine and walked him to Gage’s room. She gave him a dose and then took off his shirt and kissed his chest. She could feel it was warm and she could almost feel the tightness in his lungs. “I can’t imagine what Brinn goes through with Zach.  She got a washcloth and wiped down his forehead and then the back of his neck before dragging it down his chest.  


“That feels good, Shelly.” Gus spoke as he started to cough again.


“Shh, Gussy.”  As she moved lower with the cloth she rolled him on his side and then wiped down his back, too.  Finally, she saw the slight bruise from the shot and she kissed it. The syrup seemed to be having its effect and Gus shut his eyes.  She slipped out of bed and covered him with a blanket before she left him in the room.


Brian and Justin got home with the grandkids.  Since Justin’s no longer needed a full therapy room,  Brinn’s old room had been turned back into a regular bedroom so Taylor wanted to sleep there but Gage wasn’t sure he wanted to sleep at the end of the hall.  Brian and Justin had already been priming each other for some private activities. “Brian, you get the bedroom ready for whatever you want to plan. I will get Gage settled and then be back,” Brian pulled Justin against him.  “I love our grandson but get him to sleep! I definitely have something I can’t share with you if he is here.” His pelvis told Justin everything he needed to know.


“Grandpa,” Gage peaked out of the room.


“I’m coming, Gage.” When he entered the room, Gage stood there in one of Justin’s T shirts.  “What is the problem, Gage? Didn’t you want to sleep here tonight?”


“Well, Papa and Tally are sick and now Mommy is there with them.  What if she gets sick? Who is going to take care of her?”


“Oh Gage!  You have such a big heart.  If your Mommy needs something she knows we can be there in five minutes and Danny and El are doctors and they are only 10 minutes away. And El said Tally was sleeping soundly by the time he got back to the party.”  Justin patted the bed and Gage got in.


“Grandpa, I shouldn’t get scared, should I?  I’m a boy!”


“Boys can get scared, Gage, but what would you be scared about?”


“Well, I have been thinking that someone tried to take Hannah away from her family.  What if someone decides they want me in their family and what if…..” he took Justin’s hand and squeezed it tightly.


“Oh, Gage, first of all, you are with your birth family.  You don’t have a mom in a hospital somewhere and second, as ornery as you are,” Justin smirked at Gage, “They’ed bring you right back.” He kissed Gage’s cheek and then tickled him a bit.


Now Gage was smiling, “Oh, Grandpa,” he hugged Justin tightly.  “I love you! Can you sleep with me tonight?”


“I think your other grandpa might have something to say about that?”


Gage giggled and said, “Grandpa Bill?” He named Shelby’s dad.


“Oh, you silly boy!”  Now Gage was laughing out loud. “I love you, Gage Kinney.”


“I love you, Grandpa.  Good night.”


“Goodnight, sweet boy,” Justin pulled the blankets up and kissed him once more before leaving the room.


“I just about had come looking for you,” Brian said as he pulled Justin’s shirt off and then began undoing his fly.


“Our grandson is so sweet and quick.”


“What did he say this time?” Brian’s hands moved into Justin’s briefs, one in front and one in back.  He cupped Justin’s balls with one and began fingering Justin’s bud with the other. Justin leaned his shoulder against Brian’s chest and pushed back a bit, taking Brian’s finger into him.


“I told him Grandpa was waiting for me and he asked if it was Grandpa Bill.”  Brian stopped what he was doing for a minute and then started laughing, “That boy is going to be a handful but in all the best ways.”  Brian forced another finger in quickly.


“Oh, god!  What do you have planned for us?”  Brian thrust a third finger inside him, Justin groaned. “We’ve never gotten into fisting but for you, I’d do it.”


“Well, may I be completely honest with you?”


“Brian Kinney, you always speak your mind.”


“We have a wedding in two weeks and face it, the last couple weeks you have been tight and,”  Brian’s hand left Justin’s cock and moved upward.to press on his lower abdomen. Justin groaned, “Neither of us love to do a full cleanse but I had everything ready for this before I knew the kids were staying overnight.”


“God, you’re right.  I have been a little bloated lately, probably since the holidays.”


“I thought we could do a major clean out tonight and then we will have a couple weeks to get back to balance.”


“Well, if we are going to do enemas, you better make it fun for me.”


“At least you aren’t upset.  I was afraid you might take it the wrong way.”


“I’m not making it easy. If I am going through the pain of a full clean out I want it to count.” Justin kissed him.  “I want it deep and I want to be full of something other than just water. I want to lose a couple pounds while I’m at it.”


“My darling husband, I want just a straight water and I’ll hold it for a while, with a plug if you prefer, but for you, I have a concoction I am told will clean out anything and the equipment to make sure you hold it enough to make it work.”


Justin shivered deep in his stomach.  He could feel his ass tensing up already just thinking about it.  They got in the shower and Justin did as Brian asked. He filled him to a comfortable level and then put a plug in to hold it there. Then Brian did the same for Justin but it was just the beginning.  Justin dried off and spread towels out on the bed and tried to think of other things Brian would need. He set a chair next to the bed and then noticed off to the side, there was a stand meant to hold an enama bag.  Brian really had prepared. He knew Justin so well. He knew the stress of this wedding was building up deep inside him and this would help with that.


“Sunshine, why don’t you come get rid of that water.  I have the main event ready.”


Justin walked into the bathroom and saw a large bladder filled in the sink.  “Can I ask what is in there?”


“Just something that should be gentle on your stomach and do the job.” Justin finished on the stool and followed Brian into the bedroom.  “Looks like you thought of everything. Now I am going to try to use all of this on you. If it is too much, let me know but I promise I will distract you in the best possible way.” He brought his lips down to Justin’s.  “Are you ready?”


Justin eagerly laid down on the bed, starting on his back.  Brian lubed him up and the nozzle. He slid it in and then held it there for a moment.  “I am going to inflate the inner balloon that will hold it in place and hold the fluid in.”  


“I remember.” Justin felt something inflating just inside his rectum.  “I think that’s good.”


“It’s going to feel really warm but Tammy said this was a good temperature.  Tell me when you need me to stop it for a bit.” Brian turned the water on slow and laid down next to Justin.  He began to stroke Justin’s cock to distract him from what was going into him.


“Faster.  I want to feel it faster right now.” Justin was getting into his favorite place.  The place between pain and pleasure and his cock was giving it away. He had a hardon already. Brian left him for a moment and emptied himself out.  That was enough for him. He didn’t like this kind of play. When he came back Justin was tossing and turning. “Slow it down, please, slow it down!”


“Sorry, I shouldn’t have left when I did.” Once Brian turned it low he laid next to Justin and rubbed his stomach.  Justin was fighting through the pain. Eventually, he curled up on his side and Brian spooned with him as he rubbed his pelvis.  Justin was now in a sweat and started to tremble. “Let me stop it. Maybe I have too much.”


“No, I can take the rest.  It is almost gone.”


Brian stroked Justin’s cock, hoping to take his mind off of his discomfort. Once the bag emptied, Brian clamped it off and unhooked him. Justin sighed as Brian took him in his mouth.  He took him to the edge of orgasm but then Brian stopped.


“Your turn!  Let me feel that talented mouth.”  Justin moved very slowly but positioned himself to take Brian deep in his mouth, but then he changed his mind.  


“Turn over.  I’m going to fuck you so hard you’re going to beg for relief because I am in pain and you are going to feel it.” Justin drove into Brian, taking him by surprise.  The more he moved the more discomfort he was in which he put into Brian.  


“Holy shit, Sunshine, you are going to…” Brian cried out!  He could not control himself with Justin slamming into him like that.


But the minute Justin had cum he started to whimper.  “How much longer? It hurts so bad.” Brian started to play a bit with the nozzle still buried deep inside him.  He also massaged Justin’s prostate from the outside. “I swear I can taste it. You didn’t answer. How much longer?”


“Five minutes.  You can make five minutes.”


Justin made it five minutes and then Brian said five more.  It had been almost an hour and Justin yelled, “Fuck you, Brian Kinney.  I need to go.”


“Alright, Sunshine.” Brian helped Justin up but he could not stand up straight. Brian guided him to the bathroom and Brian helped remove the nozzle and left the room. He was afraid if he stayed in Justin’s reach he might get hurt but he knew in a couple days Justin would thank him for this.   Justin had been getting tenser every night when they made love so Brian knew he had to do something. He talked to Tammy and she agreed if he did it now, Justin would feel better and he probably would lose a pound or two, not that he needed it.


After half an hour and Brian had cleaned up everything in the room he tapped on the door to the commode room, “Sunshine, you Ok in there?”


“Yes, I just need a little more time.” 


Fifteen minutes later, Brian walked up to the door and opened it a bit, “Justin, I’m getting a little worried here.”


“You really don’t want to come in here.  I promise. I am going to jump in the shower.”  Brian went back into the bedroom and heard the shower start.  Brian went to the kitchen and came back with some tea and a few berries. He also grabbed a sports drink.  Justin’s body had gone through a lot so he should have something to eat or at least drink.  


When Justin came out of the bathroom he looked really pale.  Without saying a word he picked up the tea, knowing Brian would have added lots of honey and a little lemon.  He sipped on it as Brian rubbed his shoulders and dropped kisses across his shoulders. When he had just about finished the tea he reached back and stroked Brian’s cheek.  He set the cup down and turned toward Brian. He kissed him and then he stretched out on his back. Brian turned off the lights and pulled the blankets up over both of them.  Brian let Justin move toward him, not knowing if he would want to be touched but he snuggled into Brian’s arm and Brian kissed his temple.


“Thank you, Brian. I needed that.  I love you.” Justin kissed Brian so gently it almost brought tears to Brian’s eyes as he watched Justin’s eyes flutter shut.



Shelby was glad Talia had slept well through the night.  She had woken up for a snack about three but after she had finished she fell back to sleep without cold medicine.  Shelby walked to Gage’s room to check on Gus. He wasn’t there so she went to look for him. She found him sitting up in the living room with the fireplace roaring and a blanket around him.  He was still shivering.  


“Oh, Gussy, you’re burning up.  Have you taken anything for your fever?”


He shook his head and with a very scratchy voice, he said, “Just took the cough syrup.”


“Oh, baby, is your throat sore, too?”  He just nodded. Shelby touched his forehead. “Your fever is pretty high.” After she gave him something for the fever she said, “Let’s get you into the bathtub.  I have some of Brinn’s bath sprinkles Zach uses. Maybe that will help your cough.”


“But  Talia’s in there.  I hope I didn’t get her sick.  Is she Ok?”


“Our daughter is fine.  Let’s get you into our bathroom but I think you’re right.  Maybe we should keep you separate from the kids, and as much as I hate to say it, I should probably keep my distance from you, too.  I will go start the bath water and put in the sprinkles. Can you make it up the stairs in about five minutes?”


He nodded.  He wasn’t sure he had ever felt this bad before.  He knew he couldn’t stay here and get the kids sick.  Maybe he could stay in one of the cottages. He had two weeks to get healthy or his sister would kill him and that girl was scary now that she was pregnant. She was a combination between bridezilla and mamazilla.


After ten minutes in the bath, Gus felt a bit better.  His fever seemed to be down a bit thanks to the pills Shelby gave him and the bath was helping him breath better but his throat was still extremely sore.  Shelby wanted to go in there with him but if he was contagious she had to keep her distance.



Justin woke late and found his bed empty.  He was disappointed because all he wanted to do was make love to Brian for the next hour.  He slipped on his robe and followed the voices to the kitchen. He stood quietly listening to Brian and the kids.  “Sunshine will be up soon. He just got to sleep late.”


“Didn’t you go to sleep at the same time, Grandpa?” Taylor asked.


“Well, yes, but Sunshine works so hard all day taking care of everyone that sometimes he needs just a little more time to relax.”


“Grandpa,” Gage started, “Why do you call Grandpa Sunshine?”


“That’s easy.  He has brightened my life since the day I met him.”


Justin came around the corner and Brian’s cock instantly came to attention.  Justin looked almost like the first morning they had spent together. His hair was a mess and he looked very groggy.  He shuffled over to Brian who stood by the kitchen island facing the kids. Brian turned to face Justin and pulled him close.  He kissed him sweetly but Justin made it obvious a little good morning kiss was not what he was in need of. He pressed his body tightly against Brian, letting him feel his need.  “Good morning, darling.” They kissed again and this time it was a hot and desperate.


“Hello!  Grandpas!  You aren’t home alone.”  Gage tried to interrupt them.


“Gage, we are done eating.  Let’s go to Aunt Brinn’s room and watch TV for a little while.  Let them love each other for a while. They give us enough love.” Taylor had to tug at Gage to get him to move. The moment they were out of sight, Brian’s hands were inside Justin’s robe.  His hands grabbed his ass and pulled him tightly against him.  


“I need you, Brian.  I need you right now.” Justin fumbled at Brian’s pants.  Brian saw the desperation in Justin’s eyes and instantly needed to be inside him.   Brian spun him around, pressing him against the island and the moment he got his cock out he entered him.  Justin bit back the cry he wanted to let out as he felt everything he needed all at once. After driving into him over and over, Brian grabbed Justin around his shoulders and pulled him up straight.  He moved one arm around Justin’s waist and just held him as he emptied himself deep inside him. Justin’s head fell against Brian’s shoulder as he shot cum all over the cabinets below. They just stood there for several moments feeling each other’s heat.  “I love you, Brian. Last night…..I needed that. I didn’t realize it but you did.” Justin slowly turned around and the men held each other.



After Shelby had talked to Elliott he came over and checked Gus out again.  Without running any tests he couldn’t be sure but he thought Gus probably had either strep throat or possibly mono.  He swabbed his throat and then drew some blood. He agreed with Shelby that he should stay away from the kids as much as possible, at least until they ran the tests and he would call Brinn and he was sure she would let him run the tests at her lab.  


Shelby called Justin and filled him in on the situation.  “Well, I will send Brian over with the kids if Elliott can bring my boy over here.”


“Justin, don’t take any chances.  Elliott will give you some masks and as long as we don’t know what it is, be really careful.  You are going to be the fathers of the bride in less than two weeks.”


“I know, Shelby.  We won’t take any chances and we’ll get him healthy.  You take care of the babies and let us know if you need any help.”


“Thanks, Justin.”


“Shelby, you sound very tired.  Make sure you don’t get run down.  How is Talia this morning?”


“She’s much better than her daddy. Her fever is gone thankfully.  Elliott doesn’t think she caught what Gus has. Can you send the kids down with Brian in maybe five minutes?”


“They are getting their coats on now and Brian will stay there for an hour or so while you take a nap.” Brian walked up behind Justin and rubbed against him.


“I had plans for us.” Brian kissed his neck, “but I’ll survive for a couple more hours. Come on kids, looks like I am taking you home.”


Twenty minutes later Gus was tucked into the back bedroom and Elliott was on his way to the lab to meet Tammy.  Brinn had a meltdown on the phone when she found out her brother was sick so Danny was going over there to help Zach calm her down.


After making a protein shake, Justin put on one of the masks Elliott had given him and he brought the drink back to Gus.  He got into the bed next to Gus and wrapped an arm around him like he had when he was little. “See if you can drink a little of this.  It will feel good on your throat and it will give you some strength.” Gus curled up against Justin as he drank. Justin kissed his forehead through the mask. “I still hate to see you sick.  It brings me back to when you would get sick when you were little. You would curl up on your dad’s lap or between us. And you would snuggle just like Gage does now.” Justin kept talking and as he did Gus drank about half the drink.


Justin took the glass out of Gus’ hands and set it beside the bed.  He fluffed. Gus’ pillow and as he settled in Justin stroked his face.  “I love you, Gussy.”


“Love you, Daddy,” Gus whispered as he drifted off.


Justin had six messages from Brinn.  All of them full of panic for her brother.  Justin called her to try to calm her down, “Daddy, where have you been? How is Gussy?  Is he Ok? How could he get sick this close to my wedding?”


Finally she stopped talking long enough for Justin to say something, “He’s sleeping right now. We won’t know how sick he is until El runs those tests which he and Tammy are doing now.”


“Daddy, you can’t get sick.  Stay away from him.”


“Oh, don’t even go there, Brinn.  You know very well you and Gus are the two most important things in my life other than your dad.  I will not….”


“But Daddy!”


“Brinn, I …. I know it is almost your wedding but I’m not so proud of you right now.”  Justin hung up.


Danny arrived while Brinn was on the phone and as he and Zach listened to Brinn and saw her reaction.  Zach sagged. “She’s been like this since last night when she heard he was sick.”


“Zach, if you have something to do I can deal with her this time.”


“I can’t make you….”


“I can handle her.” Brinn set her phone down and her lip started quivering.  “Go,” Danny whispered and Zach disappeared.


“Oh, Danny….” She draped her arms around his neck.  “Where’s Zach?”


“He just had something…”  Danny didn’t even get the sentence out before Brinn continued.


“I made Daddy so mad.  I ….” she put her head on Danny’s shoulder and cried.  Danny’s arms went around her and let her cry for a couple minutes. “But he shouldn’t be near Gus.  I mean I want Gus at our wedding but Daddy has to be there.”


“Tia Brinn Taylor Kinney!  Are you listening to yourself.  Your brother is really sick and you want him to go through it alone!”


Brinn looked at him shocked and started to open her mouth but after looking at Danny she deflated.  “I’m sorry. Poor Gussy. Now Daddy’s mad at me.”


“Text Justin and apologize.  I will text El and see if he knows anything yet.” Danny wrapped an arm around her waist and for the first time he noticed it was expanding a bit. He almost got choked up as he thought about his friend becoming a mama.  For just a moment he wondered if he and Elliott would ever become fathers. That was one thing they hadn’t talked much about. Last time he brought it up, Elliott just said they needed to focus on the clinic right now.  


“Danny, are you listening?”


“Yes, sorry, Tia,” Danny’s phone pings and he looked at it.   “Oh, that’s great news, sort of.”


“What is it, Danny?”


“Gus has strep but not mono,”


“Oh, that makes me so happy!”  Brinn started to do a little dance.


“Brinn, are you like this all the time?”


“Like what?”


“Never mind, love.  I am going to text your dad and let him know El and I will be there in a few minutes with some medication for Gus has really gone through a lot the last while.  It is no wonder he is so worn down.”


“Ya, I guess I have been a little bratty lately while he is really hurting.”


“Once he can kick this I bet he will feel a lot better. I think I hear El.”


“You love him so much.”


“I do.  I can’t imagine life without him.  I will see you later. Say goodbye to Zach for me.”


“Thanks, Danny. I’m glad you stopped by.”


“Brinn, be nice to Zach.  He is going through a lot, too. He is getting married and becoming a parent just like you.”



Brian was just getting home when Danny and Elliott pulled up.  “Hey, guys, I hear it is good news. I was with Shelby when you called.”


“I’m not sure Gus would call it good news but it is much better than a couple of the other options,” Elliott commented.  “I will talk to Gus and I have his antibiotic. Let’s see, it’s Sunday. I would say he should stay here until Tuesday, just to make sure he isn’t contagious for the kids.  You two should be fine as long as you wash your hands a lot and the obvious things like don’t share dishes, kiss him on the lips, etc.”


“Common sense.” Brian said with just that note off smugness that some people took as arrogance.


“Yes, I know you and Justin are intelligent.” The three men walked into the house and they found Justin making pudding and tea.


“Please tell me it’s good news,” Justin said as he looked up.  It wasn’t obvious, but Brian could tell he was upset.


“Gus is at the end of the hall.  I will fill Sunshine in on what’s going on.”  Danny led the way with Elliott holding his hand.


Brian pulled Justin into his arms.  “He will be fine. It’s just strep. You can pamper him until Tuesday and then he can go back to his place with his family,” he kissed Justin’s forehead before finding his lips.  He was keeping it light but Justin needed more. The kiss became intense but Brian slowed him down. “What is it, Justin?” he ran his hand down Justin’s cheek


“Oh, I was worried about Gussy and then Brinn called and she is just out of control.”


“You let me take care of her.  I think it is time for me to have a conversation with our brilliant daughter.  How is Gus?”


“He was sleeping when I left.  He drank part of a protein shake and fell asleep. I figure he needed something to fight this off.”


“He is so lucky to have you in his life.” Brian kissed him again.  This time it was slow and with passion. “I promise to show you how much I love you very soon.”  He kissed him again.


“Um, excuse us.” Danny interrupted them.  “Gus has his medicine. He just took a pill and can take another one before you go to bed tonight.  Get him to eat what he can. Make is soft because his throat is too sore to eat much more. We are heading back home but if he seems to get worse, call Tammy.”


“Thank you, guys,” Justin gave each of them a hug.  “You have made me feel so much better.”


As Danny and Elliott left, Brian guided Justin toward their bedroom.  “I have been waiting all day to make love to you properly today.”

 

Justin looked at Brian, “I don’t want proper.  I want it down and dirty!” Brian’s hand reached down and grabbed Justin’s crotch and squeezed.  “Oh, god, yes…” Justin said as they entered their room.