- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Plot bunny from Gina.


Resist


Part 1


Brian Kinney walked out of the admissions office of the University of Pittsburgh. It was the first week of classes and he had already missed three days. He glanced around uncertainly, and then looked at the map of the campus he held in his hand. He studied it trying to figure out where he was and where he wanted to go.


"You need a 'You Are Here'," a pleasant female voice said.


Brian looked up to see a pair of brown eyes laughing back at him. "What the fuck is that?" he asked.


"In the malls, you know," the blonde girl tried to explain, "the big red dot on the diagram of the mall telling you where you are." Brian stared at her uncomprehending. "Here, let me see," she said taking the map from him. "You're right here in front of Admissions. Where do you want to go?"


"Bookstore," Brian responded looking at the map she now held in her hand.


"It's right there," she said pointing to a square on the map. "Are you new here?"


"No, been here my whole fucking life. Can't you tell?" Brian said sarcastically.


"You sound Irish," she said ignoring his rudeness. He was just about the best looking guy she had ever seen. He was tall and slim and those eyes. Jesus!


"That's because I am fucking Irish!"


"Hi, I'm Lindsay Peterson," the blonde girl said holding out her hand.


Brian looked at the hand and hesitated for a moment. She seemed nice enough and was trying to help him. He wasn't sure why he was being so ungracious. "I'm Brian Kinney," he said and shook her hand.


"Nice to meet you, Brian," she said with a chuckle. "I bet you haven't been here very long."


"You'd win that bet."


"How would you like a tour? I'll show you around the campus and we can end up at the bookstore."


"That … that would be nice," Brian admitted allowing himself to relax a bit.


"Come on then," she said linking her arm through his and starting away.


A couple of hours later they sat in a little coffee house on the campus. Lindsay jabbered away telling Brian everything about her life and problems. She lived on campus in one of the dorms but had really wanted to go to university in California. Apparently her parents had a fair bit of money. They didn't want to let their wild child out of their range of vision. They had insisted that she go to school in Pittsburgh. Letting her live on campus had been their concession to her agreeing not to go to California on her own. Finally she seemed to have had enough of her own story and asked Brian how he came to be in Pittsburgh.


"Um …" Brian cleared his throat. He knew he had to tell her something but he also knew he could never admit to the real reason he was there. "I have an aunt and uncle that live here in Pittsburgh, Jake and Janet Kinney." He waited not really thinking that a beautiful sophisticated girl like Lindsay Peterson would move in the same circles as his blue collar aunt and uncle. "Anyway," he continued, "I'm boarding with them while I go to university here. I just transferred here this week. My father … um, he thought I needed to leave Ireland and find out more about the world," Brian lied.


"So you got to come to Pittsburgh since you have relatives here?" Lindsay asked arching an eyebrow.


"That's right," Brian said defensively. Lindsay didn't seem to be buying his story.


"I just thought that if you could come to school in America you would want to go to New York or California, not Pittsburgh."


"If I had relatives there, I certainly would have. My father isn't made of money, so I had to go somewhere we could afford."


"I see," Lindsay replied seeming to buy that explanation. "So what are you going to be studying?"


"I haven't definitely decided on my major, but I want to get into business in some form. How about you?"


"I'm taking the arts. I have some studio courses that I really love, an art history that's okay and the usual - English, history and philosophy."


"I have the same basic courses but business courses instead of art."


"I wonder if we're in any of the same classes. Do you have your schedule?"


Brian opened his folder and gave the list of his classes to Lindsay. He could tell she was interested in him. He thought that might be a good thing. He could use a friend and she was quite beautiful.


"We have three classes together. That's great!" she exclaimed.


"Yeah, great," Brian replied trying to show some enthusiasm.


"You know," Lindsay said, tapping her fingers on the table. "There's a get-acquainted dance this Friday evening in the common room of my dorm. Would you come?" she asked batting her dark eyes at him.


Brian groaned inwardly. He needed to make an effort he told himself. "I … I don't know anybody," Brian said.


"That's why it's called a get-acquainted dance, silly," Lindsay giggled. "Please say you'll come. I'll introduce you to some of my friends, and then you'll know lots of people," she gushed.


"Um…is it expensive?" Brian asked. His money supply was very limited. He had to find a job.


"It's only ten bucks and you get food and beer for that, plus the privilege of dancing with me." She giggled again.


"How can I turn down such a spectacular offer?" Brian said.


"Then it's all settled. You meet me at my dorm at eight on Friday. Wear something sexy. On second thought, don't. You're sexy enough. I don't want to have to beat off the other girls."


"Don't worry about that."


Lindsay gave him her most radiant smile. She seemed to think that meant he was interested in only her. Oh well, that could work to his advantage.


"See you Friday," Lindsay said getting up from the table. She looked back over her shoulder and gave Brian her best vamp look as she went out the door.


Brian shook his head. His father had sent him here to start a new life. This would certainly set him off in a new direction.


-----~~~~-----~~~~-----~~~~-----~~~~-----~~~~-----


Friday night Brian walked towards the dorm in which Lindsay resided. She had made sure for the rest of the week that he knew where it was and how to get there. She was relentless. Brian felt a little bad about leading her on, but he knew she would look good on his arm. He wanted to appear normal, be normal, and she could make that so much easier.


His father had told him that he was to straighten himself out while he was in America. He was doing his best. He knew he could never go home unless he did. He knew he would be fucked if they thought for a moment that he wasn't the all Irish boy he appeared to be.


He saw some people going into the dorm giggling and laughing and cracking jokes. He wished he could be one of them. His fucking life was so screwed. He was never going to be part of this group. He knew it as surely as he knew his own name. What the fuck was he doing here? He turned around ready to walk away, to go back and hide in his room at his aunt and uncle's.


"Brian! Brian!" he heard Lindsay's distinctive voice shouting at him. He wanted to keep walking away from all this, but instead he turned and did his best to smile at her. She had just come out of the main door of the dorm obviously looking for him. He approached her trying not to drag his feet too much. "Did you think you had come to the wrong place?" she asked in that light, airy way she talked. She linked her arm through his and half dragged him towards the door.


"I … I wasn't sure," Brian said lamely allowing himself to be pulled along.


"Well, now you're here. Come on in and I'll introduce you to everybody."


Brian took a deep breath as they passed through the door. He could do this. He had to. Lindsay asked if he wanted a beer. He needed one desperately, would have liked something a lot stronger, but the beer would have to do. He took a couple of long swigs from the bottle. That made him feel a little better.


Brian looked around the common room. There were a few people dancing to the rather pathetic music. A lot of others were seated on cushions on the floor or on the furniture which had been pulled back against the walls to leave room for the dancing. People tried to talk over the music. They ate and drank and joked. A few were making out in the shadowy corners. He noticed that they had gotten "acquainted" very quickly. Lindsay was staring at him. He hoped she wasn't getting any ideas about doing the same thing.


"Wanna dance, handsome?" she asked.


"Um … sure."


Brian found his arms full of the blonde who wrapped herself around him. The song was sort of slow so they swayed back and forth. Lindsay pressed her body against him. He knew he could have her if he wanted. The trouble was he didn't want. He tried to gain a bit of space between them, but every time he moved away she moved closer. Finally the song ended. Brian pushed her gently away.


"I need another beer," Brian said.


Over here," Lindsay said as they moved to a table where a tub full of ice and beer bottles sat. The guy behind the table took the tickets Lindsay handed him and gave her two beers.


"I thought you said the drinks were included," Brian said frowning. He remembered she had said the dance cost ten dollars too.


"You get two beers with the entrance fee," she explained.


"So why didn't I have to pay?" Brian asked frowning at her. He wasn't going to be her goddam charity case.


"I paid for both of us. You can pay me back later," she added quickly.


"I'll pay you right now," Brian said handing her ten bucks. She reluctantly took it knowing that he would be insulted if she didn't. "So where's all these friends that you wanted me to meet?" He threw back most of the bottle of beer, no more wanting to meet her friends than walk in front of a bus, and some days the bus seemed like a good idea.


"I don't really know that many people," she admitted. "I mean, I know people. I know their names, but I don't really know them, you know." Finally she stopped babbling.


"Are you telling me you don't really know anybody here?" Brian asked with a bemused smirk on his face.


"Kind of… It is a get-acquainted dance."


Brian chuckled. Jesus, Americans were so full of bullshit.


"Hey, Linds," a voice called to them.


Brian turned and looked into the most beautiful blue eyes he had ever seen. They were placed ever so nicely in the most gorgeous face he had ever seen. The face sat atop the most perfect body he had ever seen. Brian groaned inwardly as he scanned the vision in front of him. He could feel the jolt that went straight to his groin. He could feel his dick responding already. Shit! This was the last thing he needed.


"Who's your friend," the blue eyes asked Lindsay."


"He's mine, Justin," she replied. "Hands off!"


Brian felt Lindsay's arm come around his waist and pull him closer to her body. He didn't resist, but he couldn't pull his eyes away from Justin's. He knew instinctively that Justin knew the score about him. What the fuck was he going to do now?


Justin snorted. "I don't think this good looking hunk of meat is as much yours as you'd like to think," Justin said with a tinge of irony in his voice. His eyes never left Brian's and Brian knew they wanted each other. He could feel the attraction.


"What do you mean?" Lindsay asked as clueless as ever.


Suddenly Justin looked away and Brian was released from the spell he had been trapped in. He took a deep breath and told himself to breathe, just breathe.


"Are you going to introduce us to this possession of yours?" Justin asked pointedly.


Lindsay blushed and began the introductions. "This is Brian Kinney. Brian, these are two of my friends, Justin Taylor and Daphne Chanders."


Brian noticed the pretty girl for the first time. He had been so mesmerized with Justin that he hadn't even noticed her standing slightly to the side behind Justin.


"Hello, Daphne," Brian said holding out his hand to shake hers. She took it and smiled at him. He hoped Justin would disappear before he blew everything to hell.


"Hey, don't I get a shake?" Justin asked.


Brian extended his hand and said formally, "Nice to meet you, Justin."


When their hands met Brian almost gasped. The power and magnetism that radiated from this blond man was almost more than he could stand. He wondered if everybody else felt it or if it was just him. He tried to take his hand out of Justin's but the man held on teasing and promising. Brian blanched. This couldn't happen. He couldn't let it happen.


"Daphne," he managed to get his voice to work. "Would you like to dance?"


"Sure," she said with a sweet smile.


Brian finally divested his hand of Justin's and he and Daphne moved out into an empty space on the floor. Brian was happy to put some space between himself and the two blonds. Daphne bounced about for awhile and then leaned in close to Brian.


"I think Justin's interested in you," Daphne whispered above the music.


"What makes you say that?" Brian demanded. This couldn't be happening.


"Oh, I don't know - the way he couldn't take his eyes off you, the way he wouldn't release your hand. He's gay, you know."


"No, I didn't know," Brian lied. "Besides, why would he be interested in me?"


"Well, duh?"


Brian grimaced. Did she know? Jesus, what was he going to do? "I'm not gay. I'm here with Lindsay," Brian stated like that made everything okay.


"And I'm here with Justin and he's still gay," she replied.


"Well, I'm not!" Brian declared.


"Sure, sure," she said deciding she better back off. "But Justin thinks you are. He can be relentless, and… he isn't always nice to former tricks," she added thinking Brian needed a warning.


"I don't give a fuck how he treats former tricks. That has nothing to do with me." He needed another beer. He began to make his way over to the refreshment table leaving her standing on the dance floor. He paid for a beer and downed most of it. This night was not fucking going the way he had hoped. Maybe he should just leave. He finished the beer and turned to go. Lindsay had hold of his arm before he could take a step.


"Dance with me," she said leaning against him.


"Um…I was thinking I should get going," Brian said trying to get out of her grasp.


"Dance some more first. It's still early."


He gave in and she led him back into the crowd of people dancing. She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned into him. He decided he better put on a good show with her. He didn't want anybody thinking he was gay, especially that fucking Justin Taylor. They danced for several songs and Brian began to relax a bit thinking things had gone back to the way they were before Justin Taylor arrived. He glanced around and noticed Justin dancing with Daphne. He felt the man's eyes cruise over him and then Justin smiled at him. He felt his cock respond. So did Lindsay who was plastered against him.


"Want to get out of here?" she asked suggestively. "My room's a few floors up."


"I need to piss," he said as if that explained what was happening. He couldn't go to her room. He knew what she wanted and he couldn't give it to her. He wasn't anywhere near drunk enough for that.


"There's a restroom off the lobby," she said with a disappointed look on her face. "Over there."


Brian made his way through the people. He needed a few minutes alone and he could stand to piss. He stood in front of the urinal and pulled out his dick. While he waited for the urge he stared at the wall and made a decision. He was leaving. As soon as he pissed he was getting out of this fucking nightmare. The stream started.


"Impressive," a voice said.


He jumped. He turned to see who had spoken. Justin Taylor's smiling and lustful face stared back at him.


"Are you following me?" Brian demanded.


"Anyone can take a piss," Justin said innocently.


"I don't see your dick out," Brian said shaking his own and depositing it back in his jeans.


"Want a good look?" Justin asked licking his lips and sliding the zipper on his jeans slowly down.


"No thanks," Brian said quickly although that was exactly what he wanted.


He went to the sink to wash his hands.


"Very hygienic," Justin said with a smirk.


"Will you fuck off!" Brian shot back.


"I want you," Justin said, "and I will have you."


"Drop dead!" Brian reacted and headed towards the door.


Justin's hand came up and he leaned his weight against the door preventing Brian from opening it. "I know," he said simply.


Brian was about to protest, to demand what Justin thought he knew, to tell him to leave him alone. He knew it was pointless though. They both knew.


"Get out of the way," Brian said shoving Justin's hand off the door. He yanked the door open refusing to acknowledge the effect touching Justin had on him. He stormed out the door and out of the dorm. He began running as soon as he got outside. He ran and ran and ran until he knew he was almost to his aunt and uncle's neighborhood. Gradually then he slowed his pace and tried to get his breathing under control.

 

He didn't know what was happening to him when he was around this Justin Taylor, but he had to get it under control. He was in America to start over and he wasn't going to let this happen. If that meant that he had to do certain things … he would. And that might mean something that he didn't even want to think about.