- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope Gus doesn't sound more articulate than a 4 to 5 yo. Enjoy the chapter. And again, thank you for your comments.

 

Gus was so excited to be going on a trip with daddy he was bouncing in his booster seat. This was their first trip together and he was so happy! Gus wasn’t a stupid kid. He knew mommy didn’t want him to go with daddy. Mommy doesn’t like it when daddy comes to visit Gus. She always wants daddy to come visit her and bring her gifts. But daddy only brought gifts to his Sonny boy. Maybe daddy should also bring gifts to Jenny. Her daddy never got her anything. When he came to visit he would ask Gus about his daddy but momma told Michael to shut up and not bother Gussie. She also told Gussie that he doesn’t have to answer questions he doesn’t like. Mommy said that little boys should always obey adults. Momma said it’s true only when adults aren’t acting like stupid kids.

“So Sonny boy, are you happy we’re going on a trip together?”

“Yes daddy! Can we go see Jussin too?”

Brian was always amazed by how much his son loved Justin and at the risk of sounding like a lesbian, the shared loved between Sonny boy and Sunshine made him one happy man, daddy and partner.

“I’m going to tell you a secret Gus. Do you remember what a secret is?”

“Yes daddy! It means I can’t tell anybody. Momma says that what you and I do together should always be a secret and when mommy and uncle Michael ask me what we did, I don’t have to tell them.”

Well that was a surprise!

“Momma Mel said so?”

“Yes daddy. Momma always says I don’t have to do anything if it makes me unhappy. She says that the most important thing is that I am happy. Mommy says that I have to be always polite and silent. So momma told me to go play in my room. But I stayed behind the door and listened. Mommy said things about polite boys and society. I didn’t really understand. But momma said that her son is going to be a happy boy and that society could go … oups! She said a bad word! Momma say I can’t tell bad words because a good little boy like me is better than saying bad words.”

The beautiful things about little boys who knew they are loved is that they apparently don’t have a filter. Brian could not remember a time in his life when he would have conversationally ratted his parents out.

“So daddy, what’s the secret?”

Oh yeah, the secret!

“Justin is going with us to California. And then he is coming back with us to Pittsburg.”

“Really daddy? I am so happy! I love Jussin a lot!”

Now Gus was literally bouncing in his seat and cheering loudly. Yeah, Sunshine did have this effect on many people.

“Can I tell you a secret daddy? You have to remember not to tell anyone!”

“Not even Jussin?”

“You can tell Jussin but you tell him it’s a secret. I don’t want momma to know. It will make her sad. I don’t like it when momma is sad.”

“I promise Sonny boy. And we can tell Justin together if you want. But I promise I won’t tell anyone else.”

“Goody. I like playing with Jenny. Momma put her on the mat with me and I show her my joes and my cars and trains. When I crash the cars she giggles. But mommy says I shouldn’t play with Jenny because she’s a girl and I’m a boy. Mommy said that Jenny will not be a beautiful girl like her.”

What the fuck! Who says that shit about a baby? And to her brother?

“Mommy said that Jenny will look like momma and momma is not beautiful. So mommy has to work on her and I can’t play with her because it’s not good for not beautiful girls to play like boys. I was very sad when she said this. I think momma is very beautiful daddy. And Jenny is perfect. She does a lot of stinkies I know, but she’s perfect when she’s clean. I didn’t tell momma because I think she will be sad that mommy thinks she’s not beautiful.”

Now Brian didn’t think of Melanie as the most beautiful woman the world has ever seen but he knew better than telling a little boy that his momma and his sister were ugly. And what the fuck was Lindsay thinking forbidding her son of playing with his sister. The bitch should be encouraging the siblings to play together not trying to fill her son’s head with poison. They were lucky Gus was so attached to his momma and baby sister.

“Sonny boy, your momma is very beautiful and Jenny is perfect. You can play with her anyway you want as long as you remember that she’s a baby and that she can’t do everything you do.”

“I know daddy! I have to protect her and make sure she doesn’t get hurt. I think it will hurt her if she knows that mommy thinks she’s not beautiful.”

Lindsay was so lucky she wasn’t in neck wrangling distance. The little manipulating bitch was in for a big surprise next time Brian saw her. She was going to meet the famous Kinney asshole.

“Listen Sonny boy, are you listening?”

“Yes daddy.”

“Don’t worry. Momma and Jenny will never know that mommy thinks they aren’t beautiful. Now I want you to forget about it and think about our trip. We’ll be at the airport in 5 minutes and guess who is waiting for us there!”

“Jussin!”

“Yes! Justin is waiting for us and we are going to spend a nice vacation together. We will only think about people who make us happy. I always want you to be happy Sonny boy.”

“Me too daddy! I always want you and Jussin and momma and Jenny to be happy. I love you all very much.”

“And we all love you very much Gussie.”

Gus was smiling again and the trip’s excitement was showing again on him. Brian hoped that all thoughts of the fucking petty bitch had left his son’s mind at least for the week. And when they come back, he’ll make sure his Sonny boy, his momma and Jenny are protected from fucking Linsday.