- Text Size +

CHAPTER 25 - BALL RATTLERS, PRATTLERS AND BATTLERS 


JUSTIN AND BRIAN’S ROOM - FIVE MINUTES LATER


BRIAN


Way to ruin our moment! I wait for the caterwauling of Michael, trying to tell Debs he needs to speak to Lindsay before she goes, and Lindsay shouting that she will have to call him later to abate.


“Does that place have a mainline?” I kiss a trail to his shoulder, then back up again.


“It won’t by the end of the day.” He replies, untucking my shirt; my grin widens. “And she’ll have to pay for her cell or it goes to itemised billing.”


“Anything else?” I nibble his ears, left then right. He sighs and squirms. “I'm waiting for the else.”


“The support starts to be paid to Mel.” I stop nibbling. “Too early?”


“Yeah, a bit. Build up to that.” He nods. “Ems gave me a new exercise for you to try…”


“And you want to discuss this now?” He breathes, groaning as I nibble and suck at his neck.


“Yeah. I do…” He pushes me back wide eyed. “…I’m serious. It's good for your back and hip.”


“Floga, please, please can we talk about this after?”


“No, Moro, it has to be now or I will forget…”


“I promise to remind you…” He protests, starting on my zipper.


“Justin, this is important.” I insist.


“Fine...” He pouts then breathes deep. “…okay, tell me.”


“Thank you.” He just about stops rolling his eyes. “First, we need to be nude, and you...” I order, snorting at the speed that happens. “…have to face the wall, lift your left knee and lean a little to your right.” He complies. “Now keep your back straight, lean a little more, can you feel that stretch?” His head bobbles. “Pull your left cheek wider.” I can barely breathe, he looks utterly gorgeous. “Let me take a closer look here…” I get on my knees, his cock’s almost pushing him back. “Calm, calm…” His cry fills the air as I start to feast on his hole and stroke his balls. “…you taste so good!” I moan. His legs tremble and my cock throbs and drips with longing.


“Enough, please, enough.” He breathes. “I can't…I need you in…”


Standing, I take his hand. “Fill that need…” 


JUSTIN


I bite my lip as he breaches me but only by a couple of inches. I mewl in protest when he starts to withdraw. “Don’t move...” He pants. “...not quite the right angle, hold on.”


“Touchdown!” I gasp as he bottoms up. 


“Lower your knee a bit, you’ll know when…” He growls, and he’s right! “…sweet baby jeepers!” 


Between him and the wall, I'm deliciously trapped in a vice of pleasure, as his bulbous head stabs against my nubbin. The only sounds are our flesh and moans. His next thrust lifts me higher, my toes are barely scraping the ground. I don’t care that my cock is being rubbed raw, the pleasure outweighs the slight pain. I reach blindly back for his head so we can kiss, just to lessen the sound we’re going to make in three, two, one…


COTTAGE - SAME TIME


RONALD


“What was that?” I frown at the noise. Mel grins and Lindsay almost twists her face in a knot, such is her annoyance and petulance. “It came from the house, do you think it might be Justin?”


“Yep, it was Dad, Granddaddy…” Gus comes down the stairs and closes the window. “…and Papa Brian will make sure he recovers from his boo-boo.” His snickering causes more contorting of Lindsay's visage. Never have I prayed so hard for a stiff breeze! “So, are you going home now?” 


“In a minute, Handsome, your Mother has something she has to say first.”


“Which is?” Gus puts his hands in his pockets, looking expectantly at her and jangling his change. 


“Could you stop that? I need to concentrate.” She declares sourly.


“It’s two words, not a magnus opus…” I seethe. “…unless you’re apologising for everything you’ve done since you got tighter with your best friend.” 


“Daddy, I…”


“Oh stop calling him Daddy, you’re not a toddler, though you often behave like one!”  Mel steams. I arch a brow. “Get on with it, we have things to do. For example, me working all hours to keep in the manner you’ve become ungratefully accustomed! The only time you say thank you is in a carping manner when things aren’t right, according to you!”


“Momma, could you focus on me, please?” Gus asks, whilst Lindsay glares darkly at Mel. 


“Your son is speaking to you.” Mel points out.


“Sorry.” She retorts.


“She said, your son is speaking to you, and I asked you to focus on me, Momma.” 


“Sorry is what I'm being forced to say.” She snaps. “Unwarranted, in my opinion, to which I’m entitled! And stop calling me Momma! I’m your Mom first and foremost. Come to think of it, your new attitude and rudeness only started since your father took up with Brian and you became fast and unwise friends with Hunter!” 


“Given what you’ve taken with and how you behave whilst around him, Momma not so Dear, you’re a fine one to talk! I only accepted his apology to piss him off, and I’m not accepting yours for the same reason. You and I both know that your Mom and Dad...not Daddy, Dad...and his Ma will continue to hoist you both by your backsides until it is done to my satisfaction.” He turns and takes the stairs two at a time before returning, his eyes bright. “So go meet him and work out how you can make me happy instead of so miserable and unwanted, all the damn time!”


The silence he leaves in his wake stretches much like my temper. “Could you be any more dense or disappointing?! Go to your room, and if I get a whiff of you calling Michael before tomorrow, you will regret it!”


LINDSAY


My palms hurt from where my nails are digging into them. Whilst Mel sees Daddy, for that’s who he is and always will be, out, I check that Gus’s door is shut. It is but it won't be for long, if I say things loud enough she will shush me so as not to upset him further and I win, again!


“Let’s go to the lounge, there’s a couple of things that I need to say, which Gus does not need to hear.”


“After you.” She retorts. I fold my arms and point at the door. “You’re not going to slam about in order to get Gus’s attention?” 


“I wasn’t going to do that!” I declare my cheeks pinkening.


“Makes a change.” She leans against the bannister. “Either speak now or send an email.” I’m shaking. I'm so furious but tamp down the mild frustration since her curiosity, she’s a bulldog attorney after all, will get the better of her. “Well, I’ll see you later.” She smirks, heading to her office, I can’t believe this! I'm about to go to my boudoir when I realise her mistake. Snickering, I fix my hair to better show off my earrings before marching to give her the evisceration she deserves at top volume.


A MINUTE LATER 


MEL


I hadn’t even got to six when I heard her collide with the door, which thanks to Justin is an auto lock! Now she’s cursing like a soldier over something. “Suppose I should be a good wifey and check, in a minute or so.” I read a couple of papers and check my watch. “That should be enough time I suppose.” My phone beeps just as I stand and it’s a video text from Ronald, which has me snickering. After watching it for the second time, I decide to be a bad wifey and share it with the committee instead!


SIDE OF THE ROAD - HALF AN HOUR LATER 


MICHAEL


I glare at the petrol gauge, how can it be empty already?! 


“Michael…” Ma begins to lecture, which she really shouldn’t considering her bullying treatment of Lindsay and I. “…did you get the car serviced before you took it off the lot?”


“Yes I did!” I snap; I’m biting my tongue as my hopes that she stays inside are dashed! “I’ll have to call the garage, do you have a number?”


“No. Being on Gus’s good side means I don’t always need a car. However, the…”


“That brat! What does he…what the freak is wrong with you?!” I blanch under her hateful look and the way she holds tightly onto her very heavy bag. “Were you going to swing that at me?!”


“Did you call our Handsome a brat, after calling him what you did?!” Ronald almost gives me a heart attack; I keep quiet as he looks and sounds so enraged. “Debs, get in the car!”


“I think it’s best if Michael gets in his first, Ronald.” Ma declares. “Our tempers are running high, some have already said things they're going to regret! Let’s not follow that up with anything physical.” Nodding, he takes a few deep and long breaths. “Do it now!” She barks. 


As I open the door, he clears his throat. “You’re very lucky to have Debs; one day it will be just you and me.”


“Michael…”


“Ma, just get lost!” I spit, and bang the door shut.


FIVE MINUTES LATER


I wait until they are out of sight before getting out to kick the tire. “For cocking hell sake!” I scream at the pain missing and hitting the door instead has caused. I gingerly check my foot. Whilst I can move my toes, my shoe is scuffed and there’s a dent. I want to cry with frustration and anger; however, knowing the payback for all the misery I’ve endured because of his presence stops me. I can't wait for the time when that bastard child is under the control  of me, Lindsay, and his other grandparents. 


“The discipline I will heap on that twerp whilst his Daddy has to pay us to play nice with him will be severe. Oh yes, we will be set for life! However, the first person out of her life the moment we get him will be Mel!” I wiggle my toes some more, then put my shoe back on. I open the trunk to get my jacket when I remember where it is. Ma has it. Not only does she have that, she also has my phone!


BRITIN - NEXT AFTERNOON


LINDSAY


What a tumultuous time I’ve had over these last few hours! Mercifully, the silent treatment from Gus and his Mom, after ruining my nails last night meant I had to get an emergency manicure appointment. Although I’m a bit upset that Michael has not returned a single phone call. I thought I could rely on him to be there in my hour of need.


Sighing, I wait for the gates to close behind the taxi I had to take to go into town, as Raven was suddenly indisposed. Mother’s ringtone booms again. I’ve been ignoring them; I don’t want to speak to her nor listen to the tiresome defence of Handsome, who’s turning out to have the same festering innards of his father! 


“Hey, Lindsay, can you open the gates, please?” Daphne calls out, and as tempting as it is to ignore her, I smile tightly and do so. “Thanks!” She calls out as she drives on, the least she could do was give me a lift to the cottage!


OUTSIDE THE COTTAGE - TEN MINUTES LATER


NANCY


Oh bollocks! I had hoped for two things: one, that she would be back later, and two, that it would be raining when she did, but I will take the other two pieces of good luck I’ve had and be satisfied. 


Even from this distance, I can see her stroppy-wet-cat expression, as I heard Maya describe it once, taking over her face despite her bright and cheery hello. “Hi, did you have a nice time out? I called you a few times.”


“I heard, but I was having some beauty and private appointments. It was productive but I’m exhausted. What was it you needed, and can it…” She trails off as Hunter comes around the corner carrying a beautiful chest; he puts it at our feet and has a massive stretch. “…hello, where are you going with that? It’s beautiful.”


“It’s for Gus. He needs it for Stitch’s….”


“He can’t use that for horse things, it will get scratched! Leave it with me, I’ve got a much better use for…”


“Paper doesn’t scratch wood.” He clips out, picking it up “This is going and staying in his room, even if I have to nail it to the floor.” He looks witheringly at her before stalking inside.


“Did you see that?!” She fumes. “I’m not sure how much more I can take.” 


“You've not begun to take any emotional strain or pain, Lindsay.” I’m seething, not only because of what Ronald and Debs told me, but at her plotting to place it perfectly in the changing boudoir behaviour. “And it’s high time you did. Let’s go inside!” 


“Mother, this is my house, and…”


“Cease your delusions of ownership. You’re on the grounds of Britin, which is Justin’s. You’re outside the cottage on the grounds of Britin, which belongs to Gus, there is no ‘my’ for you here, unless you count Gus, which you don’t. As I said, inside!”


She looks both perplexed and furious as she stomps past. How could she have missed their whooping when he heard that he's the owner of the cottage? Ah yes the grasping gargoyle was filing her talons, well they’re not getting into this. 


“Mom! Momma’s back!” Gus yells up the stairs. “We’ll be in the lounge, everything is set up.” 


“I’ll see you later, G…” Hunter lopes to the door. “…around…”


“H, this involves you too, so come on.” I smile at him. Although he frowns, he follows Gus. Mel says nothing as she passes us to join them.


“Lindsay, there’s a tray in the kitchen, please bring it and quickly.”


LOUNGE - TEN MINUTES LATER


LINDSAY


“Sorry for the delay, I had to…” I’m grateful for the glass of wine before I came in; as well as Mel, Gus, Aitch and Mother, also present, like vultures, are Debs, Daddy and Brian. “…wash my hands after being outside. What’s going on? Where’s Justin?”


“Physio.” Brian clips out coming closer, I hold my ground. “I will be joining him shortly. I want you to understand that I will defend Hunter when he’s been unfairly maligned…” He sniffs the shakes his head. “Don't use that Dutch Courage you’ve knocked back to see how hard and brutal that defence will be.” He steps away. “All you had to do was say it and mean it, but you just wouldn't. Well, here’s the cost to you. Guys, she’s all yours; if you need anything after she’s gotten over the shock, give me a call. You know how it wipes him out, especially after…”


“Yes, we...” Mel laughs. “…heard. We’ll see you for supper and a movie later.”


“Fine.” He chuckles as he saunters out.


“Why would I be in shock?” Whilst my tone is measured, I’m unnerved by the coldness from Debs, it’s true she doesn’t like our friendship but she’s never displayed her disapproval like this.


“Because H is moving in...” Mother states. I manage to hide my shock as I pour the wine. They don't even say thank you when I hand it to them. If it were the other way around, I would no doubt be castigated to kingdom come and back again. “…you're either taking this very well or you’re not listening.”


“I’m listening, Mother. You said he’s moving in; seems the decision has been made, and…”


“You've got to clear out your changing boudoir so that he can do so before supper.” Debs states. “Nancy and I are going to help. Then once that’s done, you can go and see Michael to gnash your teeth about it all.” She looks at the floor. “After you’ve cleaned that up; there’s stuff behind you. Lindsay, do it before it stains!”


“It’s just wood, treated wood, it can be wiped up!” I splutter. “Why is he moving in there…”


“Mop it up, or do you want me to take away another toy?” Daddy snipes, throwing a cloth at the puddle. I grind it into the stain with my foot, hoping that the glass at least scratches Gus’s precious floors. “Enough for now. As to why, because you called him. I warned you; this is your regret.” Putting Michael’s phone on the table kills my lie and gives me chills. “Twenty eight missed calls. Fourteen texts and God alone knows how many carrier pigeons you sent to him!”


“You must have been so put out that he didn’t come in like Tarzan to save his Jane.” Mel once more belittles my feelings. “Wonder if he made it home at all, he may have had to sleep in his car.”


“What do you mean in his car? The last I heard he was taking you home, Debs, why do you have his phone Dad?!”


“Now I’m Dad. And listen to that, if only there was this level of concern for other people.” He drawls. “As for why; his car broke down; it seems he didn't fill the tank. Luckily, I was following and could give Debs a lift. Now pick up his jacket whilst I explain its presence…” I fume and vow that they will replace it. “…that's because of vanity and rudeness! He didn’t want his shirt to get creased, so whilst being his usual rancorous self, he told Debs to carry it, unfortunately for him, he ordered her to get lost before she could give it back.”


“So what you’re saying is that he could be all alone out there without any form…”


“He’s in the upper class enclaves of West Virginia, not in a crime infested shanty town.” Debs rails. “Besides, I spoke to him this morning - he’s got a landline, remember? Once he found a phone to borrow, he was fine and dandy. Well, how is the room to be cleared: with or without your supervision?” 


Whilst part of me wants to go and see Michael so we can stop this rot before it goes further, I know Daddy when he gets the bit between his teeth. Yanking the door open, I gesture for them to go ahead. “Go on, ladies…” Daddy stands, his lethal smile makes my heart stutter. “…I will be right behind her, you know, to stop any nasty winds slamming that door shut.”


GUS


I wait for the door to close behind Granddaddy, and turn to H, who’d been literally tight lipped ever since his name was mentioned. “Dish.” I demand. He bursts out laughing. Although Mom is grinning, she shrugs at my questioning look.


“Syphoned the tank off! Whilst he…he…was…be…being bollocked for being a bellend. Ted…Ted syphoned the tank!” We’re astonished. “He and Blake followed them once he realised that Debs would be stuck too, however, Ronald getting there first was a fluke.” He takes a few deep breaths and almost hugs himself. “…it took him five hours to get home!”


“Five! How?” I gasp.


“First he had to find a phone, then his charm put him to the bottom of the rescue list.”


“How do you know that?!” I laugh.


“Because he got his car from the same dealers that we get our vans from. And Elliott works on the service desk.”


“So Elliott knows too?” Mom looks worried. “He mustn’t..”


“He won't tell Debs. Ems made him promise.” We heave sighs of relief. “I'm gonna see how the clearing out of my new room is going, you coming?”


“In a minute.” Mom replies.


“Okay.” He runs out laughing.


“Gus, I need you to accept their apologies.”


“What? Why?” I scowl as we head to join H.


“Let’s say, I want them to celebrate in their usual way and leave it at that.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

If reviewing, please be kind and constructive, thanks.