- Text Size +

Chapter 14


Brinn was exhausted.  She now knew what a cow felt like and it had only been two days but she couldn’t be happier.  She had to admit she was glad Zach’s mom was coming today.  She liked Camille and she knew she would be a lot of help with both the twins and Juss.  “Mamma, I want to play.  Can Daddy take me to the playground?

“No, sweetheart, Daddy has some work he has to finish up today.  I could call Grandpa and…”

“I don’t want to go to my grandpas.  I want to go to the playground.  Why does it have to be Saturday? I want to be at school.  My friends would play with me. Can I go play with Tally?”

Brinn laid Braden down and picked up Zander, “Juss, that just can’t happen today.  Your cousin Gage….never mind.  No you can’t.”

“But, I want to, Mommy!”  Justice stated “I will go ask Daddy.”

 Before Brinn could stop her, Juss headed toward Zach’s office.  Brinn pressed the intercom. “Zach, Juss is on her way.  Could you take her for five minutes while I finish feeding Zander?”

“On my way.” Was his response.   He stepped out of the door and swept Juss up in his arms, “And where are you going?”

“Daddy, I want to go play at the playground.  Take me, please.” The please was said  overly sweet.

“Darling, I would if I could but I have to work. How about I get you a snack and then….”

“Do we have any snacks from Uncle George?”  As Juss wiggled out of her dad’s arms she went to the refrigerator.  As she opened the door the door bell sounded. 

“Juss, look who's here?”  Zach could see George through the window.

“Uncle George!” She ran to the door and opened it.  “Uncle George, I have two new brothers!”

“I know, sweetheart.  I thought you and your mom and dad could use a few treats.”

“George, she was just asking if we had some of your goodies.” Zach took one of the boxes from him and carried it to the counter.

“Well, if it is alright with your dad the box he is carrying is full of good snacks for you.”

“Daddy, may I, please?” Juss held onto Zach’s.

“You may pick one thing and if you eat it all maybe I will let you have a second.”

“Oooo,” Juss squealed excitedly. George picked her up and set her next to the box and opened it.  It was full of small treats and Juss looked at it for a while and finally made a choice.

“George, I’ll go see what Brinn is up to.  I think she will be out in just a minute.”

“Great, I can spend a few minutes with my favorite girl.”

“Uncle George,” Juss smiled at him, “can you take me to the park to play?”

“Justice!” Brinn snapped as she walked into the kitchen with Zander.  Zach followed with Braden. “That is not very polite.  George brought us all this wonderful food and you want him to do more.”

“Well, Justice, if it is alright with your mom and dad, I would love to take you to the park but I need to meet your brothers first.”

“Really? You will take me?” Juss said with some pleading in her voice.

George made eye contact with Brinn and then Zach.  They looked at each other and then nodded. “Sure I will.  It is Saturday and I don’t have anywhere to be for hours. I need to see these handsome boys and then I will take my best girl to the playground.” Brinn offered Zander to George, and he took the plump little boy in his arms. “Oh, he is beautiful.” He looked at Braden, “For twins, they both have their own look, that’s for sure.”

They explained that Braden was fathered by the donor after Zach had already fathered Zander.  George was so surprised he gave both of them hugs.  “I knew you had it in you, bro!” George kissed Zach on the cheek.  He then hugged Brinn and handed the baby back to her.  “They are both perfect.  Now, I have a date with one the prettiest girls I have ever seen.” He lifted Justice into his arms.   After  discussing an approximate return time, George and Justice left for their playground date.


Gus saw Shelby staring out the window and walked up behind her. He circled her waist and she relaxed against him. “I want my boy home. Just hearing his voice last night… I miss him.”

“I know, Shel.  I do too.  I want to go get him but I talked to Pen and I trust his opinion. Let’s just be patient and tomorrow maybe he will be ready to come home and if not, at least maybe he will talk to us or let us visit.”

“We are the parents, Gus.  If we say he has to come home, he has to come home!” Shelby turned into his arms and put her head on his shoulder.

“I know, Shelly, but forcing him to come here isn’t going to solve anything.”

“You’re right, I know.”

“I’m sorry, Shelby, I should have thought about the kids before I agreed to do this.  I should have known it would be hard for them.  Maybe if I would have told them right away he would have been able to adjust.”

“Gus, we can second guess ourselves all day.  I think we have to trust Trent.  He will make the right choice.  He loves Gage, too.”


George pushed Justice in the swing for several minutes, “Uncle George, I want to play on the merry go round.”

“You got it, beautiful,” George hugged her a little longer than he probably should have. He knew she wasn’t his but his heart knew differently.  He followed her all through the playground equipment, helping her swing on the bars.  George glanced at his phone, “We have about ten minutes before we have to leave. What would you like to play in the last few minutes?”

“The slide, please. I will go up and you catch me.”

“Alright. Be careful on those steps.”

“I can do it, Uncle George.”

George was so absorbed in Justice, he didn’t notice the woman jogging nearby.  “Last time, sweetheart.”

“Ah, two more times?”  She hugged his neck and kissed his cheek.

“Ok, you little flirt.”  As Justice ran up the stairs, her foot slipped and George saw her go down and then his heart was ripped in two when he heard the cry of his little girl.  As he rushed up the steps the woman came running over. 

George picked Justice up and, cradling her, carried her down the steps and over to a bench.  “Let me see, sweetheart.  Let Daddy see.” The words were out before he realized it but thankfully Juss was to wound up she hadn’t heard it. There was a trickle of blood coming from her knee where it had caught on an edge.

“George? I thought that was you,” Sam Giovanni came running up. “It looks like this little lady took a little fall.”

Justice clung to him as this stranger talked to them.  “I think I might be able to help with that.” She said to George but also to the beautiful little girl with golden curls.

“Sam, your timing is perfect.” 

As Sam opened a bottle of water she had in a small pack around her waist but as she attempted to pour the water over the small cut Juss pulled further away. “Who are you?” she whimpered.

“Oh, honey, I’m sorry.  This is Sam.  She works for your Uncle Gus.” George smiled over to Sam.  “This is Justice, Gus’ niece.”

“Are you the big sister of twin brothers?”  Sam asked as she dampened a cloth she had in her pack.  “I heard about them.  I bet there is a little bit of crying at your house right now.” As she talked she finished cleaning off the cut and then dried it with the other side of the cloth.  

George watched Sam as she won Justice over, distracting her while she took care of the small wound. “I think,” she dug in her pack once more and brought out a bandaid.  “I’m afraid it isn’t a pretty one like I bet you have at home but it will do until you get home.”

“Thank you, Sam.” Juss said in a very small voice.  “Isn’t Sam usually a boy’s name?”

“Well, my full name is Samantha, but I like Sam better.  Do you like Juss or Justice better?”

“I like both.” Justice reached for her hand and held it as she turned to look at George.  “Uncle George, I think I want to go home now.”

“Of course, sweetheart. You were very brave.” He looked at Sam, “Thanks so much.  You were a lifesaver.”

“Well, I don’t think anyone’s life was in jeopardy.” Sam smiled at him and Juss started laughing.

“You’re funny.  You’re right, I wasn’t seriously injured but it did hurt.” Justice responded.

Sam sat with her mouth open as the intelligence of this child became evident to her.  “Well, I will let you go.  It was nice meeting you, Juss.”

“I like you, Sam.”

“I like you, too.”  Juss moved and gave her a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek before she climbed into George’s arms and he stood.

“I’ll talk to you, later.” George said as Sam jogged away and he carried her toward his car.


Trenton didn’t push Gage on Saturday.  They just hung out together. They spent some time on the four wheeler and Gage started talking about how scared he was driving in the pouring rain.  The path was very slick and he had been so relieved when he saw Trenton’s place. After dinner that night, Trenton and Gage started to play a board game.   As they played, Trent talked and asked questions.  “Gage, you know you are welcome here but do you have any plans on what you are going to do?  You can’t stay here forever.”

“I don’t know but I know I can’t go back yet.”

“Did you talk to your mom earlier? I thought you were talking to her.”

“Ya, she just wanted to say hi.”

“I’m glad you answered her call.  Maybe tomorrow we can invite them over for a visit.”

“I don’t know, Trent.  I don’t think… I like being here with you.”

“That’s fine, but if you stay, we will have to get the school bus to come pick you up here.”

“I have to go to school?”

“Well, that is the law so if you stay here, yes, you will have to go to school.”

“Ya, I guess….” Gage was a little quieter for a while but soon he seemed to have shrugged it off.  As he headed up to the bedroom Trent had put him in,  Gage had turned to Trent and kissed his cheek, “I know you’re right.  I’ll go to school.”  Gage went into the bedroom and once he locked the door behind him he dug out one of the bottles of wine he brought with him and as he played games on his computer he started drinking the wine.


George had brought Juss home.  She had to have Zach kiss her booboo and put a ‘Rage’ bandaid on it.  Both Brinn and Zach thanked him for making her day and they both wanted to thank Sam for helping out.  Brinn had to probe a bit, “So Sam?”

“I only met her the day your brother hired her and she was jogging past.  That is all there is to it.”

“It sounds like you could do worse. What does she look like?” Brinn questioned.

“She’s pretty, Mama.  I like her ponytail.  It was long and dark like Taylor’s.”

“I’m out of here.  I have to transport food to the bar.”

“Juss, don’t you have something to say to George?”  Zach asked as he patted Braden on the back for a burp.

Juss ran to George who squatted down as she gave him a big hug.  “Thank you, Uncle George. I had a lot of fun and I will live.” She kissed his cheek and ran away.

“She’ll live? Was there doubt about that?” Brinn asked?

“Something Sam said.  Now I’m out of here.”  George rushed out

“Chase, I think I need to meet this Sam.  I see something different in him.  You know he is due for a real woman.  If Gus hired her she has to be a good person.  Maybe I should invite them…”

Zach walked over and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her as close as he could while they both held a baby, and kissed her.  “Darling, right now I think you have your hands full without playing matchmaker.”

“I know but I can only hope. I mean how many guys would think to bring us meals of food and a special box of treats for our daughter.”

“Brinn, you do remember it is his daughter too?”

“He knows she belongs to you.”

“That’s true but no real man can totally forget he has fathered a child,” Zach said as he looked at his sons, leaving his eyes on Zander a moment longer.  “I promise I love all three of our children equally but to know he is here on this earth because of you and me…. I love you, Lulu.” He kissed her once more.  “Now, I hate to say it but I think someone is getting hungry so if you can feed them I will start dinner.  Mom will be here in the next hour.”

“What if I want to cook and you can feed …..” 

“Smart ass.” Brinn hit his ass and then managed to take her second son and walk back to the bedroom where she could put one in the crib while she fed the other one.


“When does Camille arrive?”  Brian asked as Justin’s mouth roamed over his body.  “Oh, Sunshine, you are ….oh…” Justin’s mouth closed around one of his nipples and his tongue drove him higher. 

“We need to leave here in 30 minutes to pick her up, so,” Justin got on his knees and pressed his chest to the mattress offering himself.  Brian entered him in one fluid motion and soon they both exploded, Justin crumbled to the bed with Brian right behind him. Brian rolled off him and laid next to him, “Well, I guess there is no round two right now?” 

“We better get in the shower or we’ll be late.”  Justin got up and strode into the bathroom. He punched a code into the keypad and the shower water started.  He pressed another couple buttons and different showerheads turned on.  “I have got to say, we should have had this long ago.” He walked into the large area that was the shower and Brian followed behind.  There was no curtain and only two walls.  The floor had a ridge and drain so it did not require any other barriers. There was a built in bench that was large enough for two to sit or could be used to support one or both of them if they chose to play in the water.

Brian’s wet body slid over Justin’s, “God, I wish we had time to…” Justin turned and kissed him.

“We have the rest of our lives.  Today we need to pick up Camille so she can meet the most beautiful boys in the world.”


An hour later Brian, pulled up to the terminal where his private plane had just landed.  Justin got out of the vehicle and saw John coming through the door, carrying Camille's bag as she walked beside him.  Justin hugged her and said, “How was your trip?”

“It was great.  John is an excellent pilot.”

“Yes, he is.  Are you ready to see your grandchildren?”

“I am so ready.  They are all doing well?”

The conversation continued until they arrived and then Camille had only three things on her mind, her beautiful grandchildren.  Brian and Justin were glad to know Brinn and Zach had some help now so they would get some more rest.


As Brian and Justin were dropping off Camille, George was arriving at Wine and Design.  He set up the kitchen and spent the next two hours watching his students and assisting when needed to create all the orders that came in. When the rush was over, he ordered a meal himself and told the students he was going out front and if they needed anything, they could come get  him. He went and sat at the bar and started drinking whiskey as he waited for his food.  There was a live band that was really very good.  Soon George’s food came out and he ate and his glass continued to get refilled.  He kept thinking about his wonderful day with  Justice.  She was so smart and so cute. As his mind wandered, he lost track of time.

“Hey, boss, we have everything cleaned up and we’ll take care of everything at the school.” 

“Oh, is it that late?”  His voice was slurred.

“Would you like a ride home? You probably shouldn’t….”

“I won’t drive.  My friends upstairs will let me sleep upstairs.  Thanks for….” he waved toward the kitchen.  

As the bartender started to fill his glass again, he reached out and took the bottle.  After pulling out the pour spout, George took a big swallow. He slipped off the stool and walked toward the back door of the bar.  He headed to the back staircase and started up.

Sam had just gotten out of the shower and poured herself a glass of wine. This was the first time she had moved into a place that came with all the wine you could drink.  She had just turned on some music and was going to sit when there was banging on the door, “Justin, Brian, let me in.  I need to use your empty room.”

Sam walked across the room, “George?” Sam unlocked the door and he fell into her arms. 

“You're not Justin?”

“What was your first clue?” She responded as she realized George had his hand cupping her breast.

“Well, this was a big one,” he ran his thumb over her nipple sending a shiver through her.  “Well, not so big but….” His mouth started moving toward her breast.

“I don’t think so big boy.  You are smashed.”

“I….” he moved further into the apartment and sat down on the sofa. “What did you think of my girl today?  Isn’t she so beautiful?  And so smart!”

Sam shrugged and poured another glass of wine before sitting down on the opposite end of the sectional.

“You’re beautiful, Sam. I knew you were pretty but you are stunning...isn’t my girl perfect?”

“George, this isn’t my first glass of wine  but did I miss something?”

George brought the bottle up to his lips but before he could take another swallow, Sam pulled it out of his hand. As she did, she lost her balance and ended up laying across George’s lap. Before she realized it, George pulled her close and kissed her and then let her go, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that.” He clumsily helped her sit up.  “It was really nice but  I shouldn’t have.” Now George moved forward and put his head in her lap, “my little girl…” she was sure he was crying now.

“George, I’m a bit confused here.  Justice is Gus’ niece and she is married to…” Sam visualized the little girl and she did look like him.

“Zach, his name’s Zach and he is the best dad,” George’s voice drifted as Sam ran her fingers through his hair. “Zach has Cystic Fibrosis.  He was quite ill and left Brinn.  She was upset and I took her along to Vegas to take her mind off Zach.  Well, one thing led to another and… and then Zach came back and Brinn was pregnant and I wasn’t ready for a child then and...Isn’t she a beautiful little girl?”  He sat up and looked into her eyes.

“She is beautiful and so smart.  Are you sorry that you let them raise her?” George took her hands as she spoke.

He responded, “No, she has everything and they let me have time with her but…. Why can’t I find someone? Am I such a bad guy?”

Sam slowly reached for one of his cheeks and brushed a finger down it, “I don’t know you well, George, but, I saw how you interacted with her today and I saw how much she loves you.  And if a child that smart cares about you that much,” Sam began leaning closer to him as her hand moved behind his neck.  “You must be something very special.”  Sam leaned forward and George met her half way. Their lips met and soon George had pulled her onto his lap.  He slipped his hand into her  robe and this time when his hand cupped her breast his movements were more deliberate. His hand gently rubbed her nipple until he broke the kiss and brought his mouth down.  As he took it into his mouth his other hand moved between her legs and soon she was gasping.

“Can we go somewhere with a little more room?” Sam got off his lap and, taking one of his hands began to lead him toward the bedroom. As she walked she dropped George’s hand and then dropped the robe.  George didn’t need anymore prompting to follow her into her bedroom.

As the sun crept into the room, George looked at the stunning woman laying next to him.  Her skin was still flushed from love making and he realized how well toned she was. He remembered her powerful legs meeting his every thrust.  “Shit,” he mumbled under his breath.  What was it with him and condoms?  Thank god he never forgot with Vicky.  Well, maybe Vicky never forgot.  Thank god he wised up before it was too late with her.  


Trenton lay in his bed thinking about the boy in the next room and the boy’s father.  He really missed seeing Gus everyday, not to mention sneaking a kiss or a touch as they passed each other. He could hear Gage was still awake.  He figured he was playing on his computer but he was hearing some odd noises once in a while, too.  He pulled his blanket up to his neck and shut his eyes.

Trenton wasn’t sure how long he had been sleeping when he felt someone was watching him. “Gage?” he said softly. Gage came over to the bed and the next thing Trent knew Gage was getting in bed with him.  “Um, Gage, what are you doing? Do you need something?”

“I came to give you a kiss goodnight,” Trent heard Gage’s words were a little garbled.

“Gage, what did you take?” Trent sat up straight. “It is obvious you have done something.”

“I’m just supporting the family business. I brought some wine along.”

“Gage, why did you do that?”

“Because I want to do this,” Gage pressed his body against Trent’s and  held onto him tightly.  He started to bring his mouth to Trent’s but he turned his head just in time and Gage kissed his cheek instead.

“Gage, it is time for you to go back to bed. We will talk in the morning.”

“But Trent I want to stay here.  You like sleeping with my dad.”  

“Gage, you are drunk.  Go to bed and we will talk tomorrow.”

“I want to…”

“Go!”


Samantha’s eyes fluttered open, “Good morning,” she stretched her lean body and kissed him.  “You were full of surprises last night.  How’s your head?”

“Luckily, I rarely get hangovers.” He ran his hand down her arm.  “Are we good here? I … I didn’t have any intention…”

“When you got up here you had even forgotten I lived here,” her hand roamed over his chest, “unless that was just your subtle way of getting into my bed.”

“God, I talked a lot last night, didn’t I? Can you keep that between you and me? I mean the family all knows but it isn’t public knowledge.”

“Of course I won’t say anything but it might cost you,” she smiled at him

“Cost me?” then he saw the look on her face and he grinned back and with one swift move pinned her to the mattress and claimed her mouth again.


Sunday morning Trenton woke to the sound of his phone ringing.  He knew it was Gus.  Gus was the only one with that song set. "Hey, darling."  Trent's voice was heavy with sleep but came out like silk as Gus heard him answer.  

"If my son wasn't in your next bedroom, I'd be in yours right now."

 "Well, I must throw him out then,"  he said with a lightness to his tone.  "How are you and Shelby doing?"

 "We are fine.  We want to see him but we know he is in the best place he can be if he won't come home.  Do you think he is ready for a visit today?"

"Obviously I haven't talked to him yet today but I think he might be," Trenton thought about the drunken visit he had gotten last night.  He knew he would have to deal with that in a little while but Gus and Shelby did not need to have that to worry about, too.  The fact that he had a crush was fine but that he had gotten himself drunk, that would be their secret. "To be honest, Gus, he would probably be willing to see both of you and talk to Shelby, but I am not sure how receptive he will be to you, yet."

"I know I should have told him earlier.  I should have let them know as soon as we knew she was pregnant."

"Gus, don't overthink it. You can't change it now, and then Shelby got hurt. Why don't the two of you plan to come over for dinner about 6:00.  You could bring him his school uniform.  Maybe once he realizes his life is going to go on he will prefer to do it from your place. I will make sure I don't make it easy on him."

"Pen, I don't know what I, we would have done without you there."

"Gus, I have to let you  know, Gage, who we both know is basically straight, has a crush on me.  I think it is just his emotions being all over the place.  I have it under control but I don't want to keep it from you and Shelby, in case he says something..."

 "We both know you would never do anything with him.  I mean, kiss him, scare him....if you think that is best. I remember my kiss with Lucky.  I should have known for sure at that moment I was bi. That man did know how to kiss."

 "Excuse me, Gus, considering how badly I want you here right now, I don't need you talking about some other guy." 

 "I better go.  Tally is calling for me.  We will plan to be there at 6:00.  If he doesn't want me there, I'll stay home."

"I love you, Gus.  Talk to you soon."

As Trent dressed he heard, he heard movement in the room next to him.  He had a feeling Gage wasn’t feeling very well this morning.  He also wondered what Gage remembered about the night before.  He had been very tempted to kiss Gage in an effort to ‘scare him straight’ but had been wary of Gus and Shelby’s reaction.  Now Gus gave him the go ahead, so he knew he could be gentle but firm with the boy.  

Trenton took a deep breath and tapped on the door, “Gage, can I come in?”

“Sure,” Gage responded.  Trent walked in and found Gage standing in a pair of shorts and looking a little pale.

“How are you feeling?” Trent asked.

“Not so good, actually,” he looked at the floor.

“What’s worse, the head or the stomach?” Trent asked him.

“My stomach is fine, but my head…”

“Be right back,” Trent walked out and came right back with a couple pills and a bottle of water.  “Here you go. Take these.”  

Gage swallowed the pills, “Thanks.”

“Sit down, Gage. We need to talk.” They sat on the edge of the bed, side by side. Trent couldn’t help but think about Gus.  He missed him.  “Gage, do you remember coming into my room last night?”

“Sort of. I know I shouldn’t have but I’m not going to say I’m sorry because what I really wanted was to….”  Gage stopped.  “You know people say I’m a lot like my dad and, how can he give you what you need when he is married  to Mom.  I could be here all the time.  My grandpa was only a couple years older than me when they got together.”

“So does that mean you are ready to take my cock up your ass? I mean if you are…”

Gage shifted a bit, “I know I love you so if that is part of it…”

“Well, let’s start getting you ready then.” Trent turned and kissed Gage.  He was planning on putting his hand on Gage’s crotch but he just couldn’t do that.  Instead he put his hand on Gage’s bare chest. 

Gage was overwhelmed.  He knew he loved Trenton but this didn’t feel like he thought it should.  Maybe he was just too nervous or it was because of the headache that was still lingering.  He squirmed just a little and when Trent backed off he mumbled, “I need the bathroom,” and rushed away.

Trenton smiled a bit as he left the room.  He hadn’t won the battle yet but he had Gage thinking.  He would talk to him about his parents when he came down for breakfast.  

Ten minutes later Gage came down to breakfast.  “I figured a basic breakfast was probably the best for you this morning.” There was toast and scrambled eggs.  

As Gage started eating he looked at Trenton, “Do you think you could maybe not tell my mom about last night.  I just don’t want….”

“Promise not to drink anymore wine and I promise not to tell her.”

“I promise.  I don’t have any more anyway.”

“Ok, then it is forgotten.  Now, there is something I need to talk to you about. I invited your parents for dinner tonight.”


Justin woke early and sat up in bed.  He couldn’t sleep.  His brain was working overtime.  He and Brian had not played games while having sex in a long time but Brian had created the headboard with built in hooks and notches.  He decided it might be time to buy some new scarves.  Justin’s mind came back to what had woke him in the first place.  He and the man he loved more than anything in the world finally had a biological child, well grandchild, between them all because they had the most wonderful children in the world.  He couldn’t stop picturing a little boy with features from both of them.

Brian rolled over and smiled as he saw Justin sitting up.  He moved and laid his head in Justin’s lap as he began to stroke Justin’s cock.  “What are you thinking about?” he asked as he began to lick the tip as it became erect.”

“I think it is just sinking in what our children did for us. We never imagined….”  Justin started having trouble talking as Brian continued to entertain himself with Justin’s cock. “You and I have a baby.  I know it’s a grandbaby but…” Brian now began to suck gently.

Justin pushed Brian’s shoulder so he rolled off of him. Justin then said, “Roll over.  You got me ready, I want to use it.” Brian obliged and relaxed as Justin positioned himself and then slowly pressed against him. Brian pressed back to meet him and as Justin worked his way in, Brian sighed at the full feeling he had.  When Justin began to move in and out neither could hold on long. As Justin slammed in hard a couple more times, he shouted, “I love you, Brian Kinney. I love our life and our family. I wouldn’t change anything that has happened in the last 30 some years.”  

Brian followed him and leaned against Justin as they both regained their breath.  “I’m always glad you are as pigheaded as you are.  Who knows where we would both be.  Well, you would have found someone and settled down with them but I wouldn’t have lived nearly this long.  I had already….” Brian turned around and kissed Justin.  “Let’s go for a swim.”

Justin held onto him for a few more seconds.  “Brian, you had far much more to live for than you had for giving up. I understand why you felt that way but, my love, you were put on this earth to do all the good you have done and you still have a hell of a lot to do.  I think when Gage gets home, you will need someone who understands and if you don’t understand, no one will.” With that Justin strode out the sliding door and rushed to the heated water of the pool.

“Fuck, it’s cold out here,” Brian shut the door and followed him in.


Trenton had prepared Gage for the visit from his parents.  At first he said he didn't want to see them but as Trent talked to him he agreed they could come but he wouldn't talk to his dad.  He assured him that was fine.  He and Gus would make dinner so Gage could talk to his mom out on the porch.  The day had started out sunny but  spring showers were rolling in as the day progressed and as it got close to 6:00 pm there was a steady rain outside.  “I’ll go start the heaters and firepit out back on the porch so the two of you will be comfortable out there and there are always blankets out there.  If you think you’d rather go to my study or….”

“No, the back porch is good.”  

Trenton walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder, “You know your mom isn’t going to do anything to upset you.  She just wants you to be happy but you also know if you want you can go home with them.”

“If you kept my dad here, I might do that.”

“As much as I would love to have your dad stay here, that isn’t fair to your mom or your sisters.  He belongs at home.  So do you, when you’re ready.”

“Trenton, you aren’t going to make me go home tonight are you? I’m not ready….” Gage began to panic and Trenton took him in his arms.  

“No, Gage, I meant it when I said you could stay as long as you wanted to but remember they are your parents and I expect you to show them respect. I won’t allow you to disrespect them.  You may disagree with what they did but that was their choice.”

“I know,” Gage looked at him, “And I’ll try. I promise.”

They both heard a vehicle approach and then the car doors slam.  Trenton looked over at Gage and Gage nodded.  Trent walked over and opened the door.  As they walked in Trenton kissed Shelby and then Gus, not lingering like he wished he could.  “Welcome.  Shelby, you’ve never been here, have you?”

“No, but it is as lovely as Gus said it was.  I can see why he wants to focus on restoration after seeing this place.  I love the details.”  Shelby’s eyes then landed on Gage and without talking she walked to him and took him into her arms. 

Gage, nearly as tall as his mother, put his arms around her waist and pressed his face into his shoulder.  Shelby wanted to say a hundred things but stood quietly as she just absorbed the presence of her son.  Trenton put an arm around Gus’ waist and pulled him close.  Trent could see his heart was breaking but knew  what he had to do right now.

Gage finally took a step back and took his mom’s hand, “The heaters are on outside so we can go sit on the porch.” He started walking and she followed. As soon as they had left the room Trent guided Gus out of view of the windows and pulled Gus to him. His mouth claimed Gus’ and Gus melted against him. Soon Gus and Trenton separated and they started dinner, working side by side,

“Are you warm enough, Mom? There are blankets in the box.”

“If you sit next to me I am sure I will be warm enough.  This porch is wonderful.  Is that a bed over there?”

“Yes, it swings.  It’s great. That’s where he found me….the other morning. He told me this Tally’s favorite place the couple of times she was here.”

“I can see why.  It is beautiful. Gage, will you talk to me about… whatever is bothering you? I mean I know that is bothering you but we need to figure out how to fix it.   Fix isn’t the right word.”

“Mom, I know what you mean.  I just don’t get why Dad had to…” Gage thought out his words carefully.  “Why didn’t he tell us.  I guess I can see why Aunt Brinn and Dad wanted to do it but… why didn’t he warn me.  Warn us.  It’s like he needed to replace Gabe because I wasn’t enough.”

Shelby pulled him close, “First of all, young man, no one can replace your brother.  We both miss him and wonder what kind of boy he would have been.  We look at you and think about what a good big brother you would have been to him.  But, darling, the only reason your dad did what he did was for your grandfathers and because Brinn wanted another baby.   Braden is your half brother but he is Justice’ little brother, as is Zander and they will always be part of that family and he will be your cousin, just like Justice.”

“Mom, I’m  sorry I am such a bad son. I just can’t seem to figure it out.  I mean I can tell you what you just said to me but…”

“I want you home, Gage, but I know you are safe here and in the hands of someone who cares about you so if you need to stay a little while you may.  I brought a suitcase of your clothes, including your school uniform.  Tomorrow I will set up your transportation.  I know you don’t want to be with your father but he will bring you to school tomorrow and by the end of the day I will have your transportation ready to take you home.”

“Ok,” he said quietly.  “Mom, I’m sorry I made you worry. You didn’t need that stress.” 

Here was her sweet boy.  She held onto him tightly.  “We love you so much, Gage.” Then Shelby started telling him about his sisters as the men worked on dinner.”

“Gus, he definitely is projecting feelings on me right now but, I think I have that under control.  Just give him a few days.  I don’t think it will be much longer.” Trent pulled him close and kissed him long enough they both wanted much more but now wasn’t the time and they both knew it.

The evening went well.  Gage was very quiet during the meal and when it was time for his parents to leave he hugged and kissed his mom but then turned and rushed up the stairs so no one saw him cry.  Shelby hugged Trenton and then kissed Gus on the cheek and said, “I’ll wait for you in the car.”

“You have an amazing wife.” Trent said as he wrapped his arms around Gus.

“I know that,” They kissed for some time and then they separated.  “Take care of my boy.”   Gus walked to the staircase and called up, “I love you, Gage.  More than you can imagine,” and then Gus left the house.


Justin had invited Dan and Marcus over for dinner.  It was the first time they had a full tour of the new house and after dinner was done the four men dropped their  clothes in the bedroom and walked out to the pool.  It was raining softly but there was no thunder or lightning so it was safe to play in the pool. When they were only waist deep, Marcus and Justin were already in each other’s arms.   “Looks like our husbands are already in each other’s arms,”  Dan smiled.  

“Well, we can’t beat them so we may as well join them,” Brian said as he pressed his body against Dan’s and their lips met. 

After several minutes the four joined up and went to the spa where the warm bubbling water swirled around them.  When they invited their best friends over it was definitely to show them the new house but they had also decided they had to share the news about their grandson’s true parentage.  As they sat next to their own husbands, Marcus asked, “So how are those precious grandbabies.  I can’t believe in a couple months we will have one of our own.”

“Well, I’m glad you brought them up, there is something we want to tell you,” Justin started.

“I hope it is a good something,” Dan commented.

“It is beyond good.” Justin looked at Brian and told him to go on.

“I know you heard that Zach is the father of Zander and Braden was fathered by the donor.”

“Ya, what are the chances?” Marcus commented.

“They are high but we know who the donor was,” Justin said before Brian continued.

“Gus was the donor so Braden is the biological son of both of us.” Brian pulled Justin close.

Dan and Marcus were stunned and as it sank in they moved toward their friends  and the men hugged each other.  “That is beyond ….” Dan started.

“It is beyond and we couldn’t love our family more for doing that for us.  But that isn’t going to be public knowledge.  People would make it dirty, instead of beautiful.”

“You know we won’t say anything.”

“We do know that, and we didn’t want to share it with anyone other than you.  Your son was part of all this.” Brian commented.  “We all have really special children.”

And as the sky opened up in a downpour, the men entered through the bathroom and dried each other and once they were all dressed, Marcus stated, “We better get going.  Hannah’s home alone.  She is thirteen but I still don’t like her alone.”  

“And she’s not truly alone because a couple of my agents are in the office and are keeping a close eye on the property. But yes, we need to get home.  She has school in the morning.”

As they stood by the door to leave, Brian said, “Start looking at your calendar.  We would like to take a trip to Ibiza and would love for you to come at least part of the time if Hannah can go to Danny’s.  By then, Hannah can help with the baby.”

“That sounds perfect. We will check our schedule.” 

Justin put his arms around Brian, “I think it is time for us to go to bed.”

“I can’t think of anything I would rather do,” Brian guided Justin toward the bedroom.


Danny waited up for Elliott.  He had been at the hospital most of the day with a patient.  When he finally arrived Danny was sure he had never seen him look so tired. “Oh, El, you look so worn out.  Why don’t you take a shower and I’ll heat up your dinner.  Then you need to go to bed.”

“I wish I could.  I will be showering and eating something but then I have to go back.”

“El, you are too tired.”

“Danny, I don’t have a choice.  My patient, well, I told you she’s about our age and a single mom.  She has a two year old daughter and absolutely no family,” Elliott held Danny close, “She has stage four cancer and the likelihood of her leaving the hospital is non-existent.  Emma, that’s the little girl, reminds me so much of Catherine.  The little girl was in the pediatrics department right now but she has no one. I was just glad they let Emma stay there.  That way when her mom is up to it, I go get her. ” El’s eyes filled with tears and he rushed toward the bedroom.

Danny gave him his space as he heated up the meal but decided he couldn’t let Elliott drive back to town on the hospital on his own.  He would go with him.  

As he drove his husband to town he couldn’t help but think about all those years ago when he was driving Brinn home and they came across another little girl that had no one.  Of course, Hannah did have someone else and Danny was going to do his best to find someone for Emma.  Everyone has someone if you dig enough.