- Text Size +

Chapter 16


“Damn,” Sam said under her breath as she got out of bed and rushed to the bathroom.  Her IUD must have slipped out of place or something. She never got a period because of it.  The fact she was bleeding now could only mean her IUD slipped out at some point and she hadn’t noticed. “Damn!” 

“Hey, Sam, is something wrong? I noticed well…”  he stood at the door but tried to give her a little privacy.

That I need to wash the sheets? Ya,”

“You Ok? I mean I know it is normal but you have never…”

“I’m fine.  I just need to make an appointment with my gyno soon.”

“Well, you go ahead and shower.  I’ll put the sheets in the washer.”

Sam got in the shower and as she washed her hair she thought about George.  Her Ex would have made this her fault and stood over her as she stripped the bed and started the wash.  George was too good to be true. The more time she spent with him, the more time she wanted to spend with him.  She had never met a man so genuine in her life.

By the time Sam was dressed and came out to the kitchen, George had made eggs, sausage and had cornbread coming out of the oven.  Sam encircled his waist from behind.  “You are going to make me fat.” she said as she stepped on her tiptoes  to bite his earlobe. 

“That would just be more of you to love but I know how hard you work.  You need a good breakfast. Sit down. No, wait.”  He turned around and pulled her close and claimed her mouth.  When they separated he said, “Now you can sit down.”  

They talked about their day’s plans and as Sam stood up she wrapped her arms around his neck, “George, I know you have your own place but I wouldn’t mind if you decided to wake up here every morning.”

“Sam Giovanni, are you asking me to move in with you?”

“Well, yes, yes I am.  I know you work some nights and maybe you would rather not have everything here but if you would like to ….I would like you here.”

“You can’t know how much I would like that.  I love you.  I want to be with you as much as I can but I didn’t want to push you.”

“Well, I better get my lunch packed so…”

George got up and pulled a cooler out of the pantry and quickly filled it, topping it with an ice pack. “I hope you are alright with leftovers.  I had a bunch I brought from school yesterday.”

“What would I do without you?”

“Eat poorly and get more sleep.”

“And be extremely lonely,”  they kissed once more before she was off to work.


Dan and Marcus went straight from the airport to a comfortable house in town.  Danny had given them the address to Connie’s house and when they pulled up Danny came out to meet them.  “It is so good to see you both.”  He hugged Dan and then Marcus.  He held onto him a little longer than normal.

“How are you, Danny? Are you and Elliott adjusting?  How is Emma?”  Marcus rambled.

“She is so confused.  She cries for her mommy every night and how do we explain to her that in a couple days her mom is going to be in an urn on a shelf.”

“Emma needs love and El and you have lots of that to give her.”  Dan said as he directed them both to the house.  Elliott was packing up Emma’s toys and she was ‘helping’.  She pulled one out for every two he put in.

“Hey, Emma, I want you to meet someone.” The little girl smiled up at the men and Danny picked her up. These are you grandpas.

“Papa,” she reached for Marcus who took the little girl in his arms.

“She is adorable.  You had sent pictures but they didn’t do her justice.” Marcus and Danny walked out of the nursery to look at the rest of the house.

“What can we do to help?” Dan asked Elliott.

“Just being here will help.  We need to pack up this house and have Marcus sell it.  Whatever we make from selling the house will go into a college fund for her.”

“Elliott, you know money is not an issue. If you want to hire someone to do this for you, I can make a call and…”

“Thanks, Dan, I am sure we will take you up on that but we want to look through it first.  We promised Connie that we would tell her about her mom.  I want to go through Connie’s room to collect her jewelry and anything else that looks like it might have a history.”

“I know Marcus has you moving in with us.  Elliott is that what you want?”

“Dan, it isn’t ideal but with two little ones and I’ve, we’ve decided I should take the job here at the hospital. It is a great opportunity and Danny can take a couple years off to be home with the kids and...Marissa’s been offered a great job and they are talking about moving to the East coast but at the same time we have had a couple that wants to take over the clinic.  It is just showing us this is the right thing to do.   And although it might be crowded, if you’re willing, I think we will move in for a while.”

“You are welcome as long as you want to stay.  And if you want to find a place close, we can help you with that too.” Dan looked at Elliott and saw how overwhelmed  his son in law was. He took the young doctor in his arms and held him.  “Our top priorities are that little girl and the baby on the way.  This will work out, I promise.” 

“Thanks, Dan. I didn’t realize how much this had shaken me.”

“Well, Marcus and I have to go pick up Hannah from day camp and I am sure you aren’t ready to move tonight but tomorrow, after we have all gotten some sleep, we’ll talk and figure out the best way to make this move happen.”


Brian and Justin had gone straight to the vineyard and Brinn’s house.  “Wow, they have grown so much already!”  Justin said as he took Zander in his arms.  

Brian picked up Juss and Tally, who was playing there, “And how are you, my Princesses?”

“Who said you and Papa could be gone so long?” Juss asked him.

“I didn’t realize we needed your permission, Miss Thing!”

Brian and Justin looked at each other and started laughing.

“You’re right, she is just like her mother.” Justin smiled.

“I’m like Mama? Mama’s pretty.”

“Yes she is, sweetheart.”  

Brian and Justin played with their grandchildren for about an hour and then they went home.  “The trip was great, but it is good to be home.  I don’t like being gone that long anymore, even if we are together,” Brian said as he pulled Justin into his arms.  

“This really has become home, hasn’t it?”

“I used to say anywhere you were, was home but now, I have to admit, it has to include where our kids are,” Brian said as he yawned. “I hate to admit it but I need to get some sleep. Jet lag is kicking my butt.”

“Well, I could use some sleep myself,” Justin said as they stripped to their briefs and got in their bed.  “I hope Danny and Elliott are alright.”

“We’ll talk to Dan and Marcus tomorrow and see if there is anything we can do for them but for now,” Justin slid in next to Brian and pulled his arm over him as they spooned.  “Goodnight, Bri.”

“Goodnight, Sunshine.” 


Danny woke and reached for Emma.  She was not between them. As he looked beyond Elliott and then behind himself he felt an arm come around him.  “I carried her to her room a couple hours ago.” Danny moved into El.  “Do you think she is alright?”

“I am sure of it,” Elliott’s hand moved into Danny’s shorts and very quickly Danny tugged them off.  Elliott’s mouth began moving down Danny’s slim frame.  He took time to touch and taste, dragging his tongue down lower and lower until Danny was begging him to do more.  He took Danny deep into his throat and Danny sighed.

“Oh, god, El…” Danny said as Elliott brought him over the edge.  

Elliott pulled him close as his breathing returned to normal.  Danny then reached for Elliott’s erection but El linked his fingers with him.  “Danny, in a minute, trust me I want that.  But we need to talk a minute.   I think we do need to move in with your family for a while but I can’t see us there too long.  I love them but we need our own place for our own family.  Maybe we could build a place on a corner of their property.”

“Oh, Elliott, that sounds perfect.  Do you remember that house I pointed out to you once?”

“Oh, ya, it is a mess if I remember right but the location is great.”

“I think we should look at it.  Some of those old houses are really amazing inside.  Think about this house.  It is old but full of character.”

“We’ll look at it in the next couple days.  Do you think Gus or his crew could fix it up for us?”

“We can talk to him as soon as we’ve looked at it. Now,” he wiggled his hand out of Elliott’s and moved it lower as Danny began to stroke him but, rather than moving down to take it in his mouth, Danny got on his hands and knees and Elliott positioned himself behind him, entering him as slowly as his will power would let him.

They had barely collapsed on the bed when they heard a tearful voice. “Coming, Emma, Daddy will be right there,” Danny said as he grabbed a pair of briefs.

“Whoa, slow down.  One more kiss.  She knows we are on our way.” Elliott kissed him once more, pulling him close.  “We need to take time for us first so we can take care of her and her brother or sister when they arrive.  I love you, Danny Reed James.”

“I love you so much, El.  And I know this isn’t what we planned but …”

“Go get our little girl.  She’s calling for you.”  He kissed him once more and watched his brief covered ass walk out.


Later that day, they arrived at the funeral home.  They really weren’t having a service but they wanted to spend a few minutes with Connie before she was cremated.  They agreed the casket would stay closed, not thinking it would be good for Emma to see her mama again.  They stood in the little chapel and were surprised when they heard footsteps.  They turned around and found Dan and Marcus along with Brian, Justin, and Brinn standing there.  Brinn  walked over and kissed Elliott and then Danny.  “Hello, beautiful,” Brinn said as she reached for Emma who came willingly.

“Mama?” Emma said as Brinn took her in her arms. 

“I’m afraid not, sweetheart but anytime you need a mama’s touch your daddies know where to find me.”

Both Danny and Elliott spoke  about what a wonderful woman Connie had been and the love she had for her daughter.  Brinn held on to the little girl as Danny and Elliott held on to each other. As they finished their memories they said goodbye once more and then they nodded at the funeral director. They walked out together into the bright sunshine.  Marcus put his arm around Danny, “Do you have to do anything else?”

“No, later this week we will come by and pick up her ashes,” Elliott said, “Dan do you think you can get someone hired to empty out the house anytime after tomorrow? We are going to get the rest of the stuff we want to keep now so the rest can be donated to charity and then the house can be sold.”

“Don’t worry about that.  We will take care of it all,” Marcus said.  

“Oh, and we want to check out that old house on your property.   Of course we will move in with you for the time being but if Gus says the house is worth fixing, we’d like to have it restored and then we would be so close to you and yet have our own space.”

“You can do whatever you want as long as it is safe for you and the children,”  Dan said.  “Would you like us to take Emma home so you can finish cleaning out the house?”

“Thanks, Dad, but we want her with us.”

“Come over for dinner and we can work out some details,” Dan said hugging Danny and putting his hand on Elliott’s shoulder.

“Thanks, Dad, we’ll be there around 6:00.”


The next couple days were a whirlwind.  Tammy and Marissa announced they would be moving to Washington, DC where Marissa was going to be working for a large firm and Tammy was hired to do research out there.  Brian and Justin planned a party for the weekend.  Elliott and Danny sold the practise and their house to the new doctors so they were having their furniture put into storage and would be moving in with Dan and Marcus over the weekend.  

Friday evening, Tammy and Marissa arrived at 6:00 pm.  Brinn and Zach arrived with the kids as did Dan and Marcus and Gus, Shelby, and Tally.  They decided to keep it small for dinner and as the night went on, a few friends were going to stop by.  Shortly after dinner, the twins got fussy so Brinn needed to say goodbye to her old partner.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay in California?  I mean who’s going to give the kids checkups.  Who’s going to help me when I get too drunk to walk?”

“Oh, Brinn, that isn’t you anymore.  And you have many more friends your own age now.  I know how much you like Nora and I have seen George with Sam.  I am sure you will be close very soon.”

“I know, Tammy, but you were here when I needed you both personally and professionally.  I would have never come up with the medication without you. Zach rarely has problems anymore and it is because of the work you did with me.”

“Well, Brinn, you’ll just have to come to DC with your family to visit.  And I will come back here, too.  Your dad already told me I needed to.”  Brinn and Tammy hugged tightly just as one of the babies started crying loudly.  “Well, I need to go.  I love you, Tammy.”

“I love you, too, Brinn.”  Tammy said as she  watched Brinn take Justice’s and Tally’s hands. 

“Shelby, Tally can sleep at our house.  You two enjoy your evening.”


Friends came and went all evening and as the crowd thinned, Brian found Tammy sitting out by the pool. “So, you’re really just going to up and leave us?  Tammy, you’ve been part of our family for so long. What are we going to do without you?” Brian sat next to her on a lounge chair and wrapped his arms around his friend.  “I don’t think you know how much I needed you when you came into my life.  You helped Brinn so much and I don’t know what I would have done with Justin if you hadn’t been here.  You have always been a shoulder for me to lean on.  Come back often.”

“We will and you and Justin come and visit,” Tammy pressed her mouth against Brian’s and soon he took it much deeper.

“I told you we’d find them doing this somewhere.”  Justin said as he and Marissa walked out.

“Good thing I know you would be ripping her head off if you were worried,” Marissa draped her arm around Justin’s waist.  

“Well, she’s right. Come visit us soon.  There is a lot to see in DC.”

Brian stood and helped Tammy up. He walked over and put his arm around Justin and pulled him close.  “We will see you soon, I promise.”  Brian and Justin walked their guests to the door and said goodbye. 

As they drove off, Brian pulled Justin close.  He didn’t say anything.  Justin moved his mouth to Brian’s ear, “I know you’ll miss her.”

“More than I realized.  I had Lindsay for years and when Tammy showed up, I had that same feeling with her.”

“Maybe I will be enough for you now,” Justin said softly as he brushed his lips against Brian’s.

“Oh, Sunshine, It’s not that you’re not enough.  It’s that I sometimes feel like too much and you shouldn’t have to put up with all my shit.”

“I have been putting up with your shit for 35 years.  I think by now I know what to do with the excess.”

“Let’s go to bed.  The cleaners are coming in tomorrow.  They can take care of all of this,” Brian propelled Justin toward the  bedroom but to Justin’s surprise, when he started kissing Brian and as he ran his hand down his spine to rest on his ass, Brian rolled over letting Justin know he wasn’t in the mood.  

“Good night, Sunshine.”

As they laid in bed together, Justin knew he was being silly but it was true, Brian always had a female in his life.  There was Lindz and of course Sylvia for years at work.  When Tammy came into their life, Brian just seemed to always need someone else.  He drifted off knowing he was a little drunk but wondering if he would ever be enough.

When Brian woke up in the morning, he turned to hold on to Justin and he wasn’t there.  He heard water splashing and glanced out to see Justin swimming laps.  He stood and walked out to the pool deck and straight into the pool on an intersecting path to Justin.  He stopped directly in his path and when Justin saw him, he moved around him.  He knew it wouldn’t work but he just wanted to be alone right now, no matter how stupid his feelings were.

Brian grabbed his ankle, stopping him in his path.  Justin didn’t struggle.  He dropped his free foot to the bottom of the pool and Brian let go of the other one. Brian reached out and took Justin’s wrist and pulled him close. “Sunshine, are you trying to avoid me?”

“Can’t you just let me pout for a while? Of course you can’t.  Brian Kinney always needs to be in charge.”

“Sunshine, come on.  You can’t really believe that you aren’t my world.  I would not be alive without you.  You keep me breathing.  You keep my heart beating.”

“Last night you didn’t seem to need breath or a heart beat,” Justin snapped.

“Justin, you are being silly. One of my best friends is moving across the country.”

“And you could fly out and visit her weekly if you chose to.”

“Sunshine, are you going to make me say it? Are you going to make me go all  psychological? Are they the mother I always wanted?  Are they just a comfortable adult woman to spend time with?  I don’t know, Justin. What I do know is I will miss her a lot but I would die without you.”   Brian pulled him close and kissed him as he ground his pelvis against Justin’s.  “What do you want me to do? What do you want me to say?”

“Say you love me.”

“Justin Taylor Kinney, I love you more than life itself.”  Brian looked at him, “Are we good?”

“Now show me you love me.”  Brian started dropping to his knees but then looked into Justin’s eyes and instead wrapped his arms around him and pulled him close.  He slowly brought his mouth to Sunshine’s and kissed him with so much feeling , Justin wrapped a leg around him.  Brian pulled his other leg up and walked them to the deeper water. It was several minutes before their lips separated but Justin still didn’t let go of him.

“I’m sorry, I always push you. I know you love me.  It was just last night, when we got in bed, you just turned your back to me.”

“Sunshine, I love you more today than I did yesterday but, I hate to admit it.  I’m not a kid anymore. I can’t always rise to the occasion like I used to.” Brian couldn’t look him in the eye.

“Hell, that isn’t everything.  Hold me.  Kiss me.  Touch me the way only you know how.”  He looked downward.  “It doesn’t seem like you are having any problems right now. Love me.” He turned and draped his body over the edge of the pool and as Brian entered him, pulling him close.

Brian brought his mouth to Justin’s  ear, “I can’t do life without you, my love.  You will always be my one and only.” And as they both climaxed they let the water lift them as they floated together hand in hand.


“Are you sure this place is safe to walk in?” Elliott asked as they looked at the steps to the old house located just a couple hundred feet from Dan and Marcus’ house. 

“Brinn and I used to explore it once in a while but at the time I didn’t think of the architecture.  Gus assures me, although there are a lot of rough spots the structure itself is very stable.  We just need to be careful where we walk.  He was so excited about it he’s going to  renovate whether we live there or not.  He said it would be a great B & B whether or not we live here.  It is huge.” Danny finally took a breath.

“Are you interested in running a B & B?”

“I’m not sure but it's a thought.”

“Let’s look at it and then we can talk.”

As they walked, Danny pointed at all the features he could see and El wasn’t sold until they walked into the back bedroom.and he saw the stunning view.  “Wow!”

“Can you picture a private deck with a spa tub. How relaxing would that be?”

“Ok, Ok! Your dads are on board?”

“Of course.  For now we will have it restored and if in a couple years we want a B & B fine.  If we want to move, my dads will open and B & B here.”

“How soon can Gus get started?”  They heard footsteps and turned around.

“Is now quick enough?” Gus stood there with plans in his hand.  “I want to keep the character but obviously upgrade everything and maybe open up a few walls to make rooms larger.  There are ten possible bedrooms upstairs and I am thinking six is enough.  My guess is you will use one as an office.  Down here I am thinking, at some point you could make suites if you decide on a B & B.”

“I don’t see us wanting that anytime soon but I can see the beauty of this house and I think it is a perfect place for us to raise our family.”

“Let’s focu on your living area and maybe you’d like the downstairs ….”

Elliott raised his hands, “I’m in.  Let’s see the plans.”

“Can we do that at Dad’s office? He has Emma there and it’s time for us to get back to her.” Dan said.

“Of course, I’d like to meet your little girl.  You do know how busy but how much fun you are going to have.  You are us 15 years ago.  Taylor and Gage are a year apart.  You have a little more space between them.” 

The three men approached Dan’s office but Gus stopped them and pointed into the building.  Dan sat on the floor holding a dolly while Emma patted his arm.

“And to think he used to scare me,” Gus laughed as he opened the door.

“Look who’s here, Emma, your daddies.”

Emma took her ‘baby’ from Dan and toddled over to Danny, raising her arms to be picked up.

“She is beautiful,” Gus touched her cheek but she shrank away.  “I’m sorry, sweetheart.  Of course a strange man shouldn’t touch you.”  Emma looked over at him and as she held onto Danny, she gave Gus a little smile.

The next hour they poured over the plans.  Dan looked over their shoulder and gave a couple suggestions as they talked. By the time Gus left he was on the phone calling for lumber.


Sam got a call that her gynecologist had a cancelation so she could come in at the end of the day to replace her IUD. An hour later Sam walked out of the office with a smile on her face.   How long had she lived here? Less than three months. Who knew a life could change that fast. George wasn’t going to be in until late tonight so when she got home she heated up some of the leftovers that were in the refrigerator.  This is the one time she wished she had taken time to make a few female friends.  Maybe she would go down and listen to some music for a while.  That sounded like a good idea.  As she walked into the wine bar she saw Brinn and Zach.  She had only met them in passing a couple times but as soon as they saw her they waved her over.  She ordered a soda and sat down at the table with them.

“Sam, where’s George tonight?”

“Working, of course. No, I shouldn’t say that.  I get to see him a lot.” Sam smiled sheepishly.

“I’ll be back in a bit,” Zach said, standing up.  “I’m going to go talk to Matty.”

“Matty’s here?” Sam reacted a little too quickly.

“Have you met my brother?” Brinn asked.

“Not officially.  One time he was in the hall at the main office with his dad and we were introduced in passing.”

“Let me guess. You have heard about George and Matty in their younger days.”

“Um, ya. I have to say that was a first for a boyfriend to admit.”

“You really like him, don’t you.”

“I do. He is everything I dreamed of ….” 

Brinn looked at her, “I could be way off but I think you have something on your mind.”

“I do. That’s why I came down here to distract myself but it isn’t working.”

“You know if you ever need to talk….I know, let’s have a girls day….well couple hours.  I will talk to Nora and the three of us will have a spa afternoon.  Maybe Shelby can come too.”

“That would be great!” 

“Are you sure there isn’t something bothering you?”

“Brinn, I know we are almost strangers but I …… I better go back up.  George will be here soon.”

“Keep Saturday afternoon open.  I’ll call you,” Brinn said.

Zach came back to the table as Sam walked away, “She looked like she had something on her mind.”

“She definitely did but she didn’t share what it is.  Hope you don’t have plans Saturday.  I am going to set up a girls’ spa day and I promise by the end of the afternoon, I’ll know what she’s hiding.”


Brinn was true to her word and Saturday the four women ascended on the spa.  Zach invited the men to his place with the kids so they had four men with five children. Those were good odds especially since Juss and Tally were quite self sufficient with supervision.   George was always happy when he could spend some time with Juss.  Though he was always very careful around her, especially since the day she got hurt and he made the Daddy comment.  He could never have that happen again.  At the last minute Zach invited Danny and Elliott with Emma, too.   They had to be in a bit of a head spin right now.  They moved in with Dan and Marcus.  Elliott switched jobs.  Danny was staying home with Emma and in about 2 months they would have another baby.  They turned on a soccer game and they just all chilled.  They all chipped in taking turns holding the twins.  Leo and Emma enjoyed playing together although Emma did not move far from Danny or Elliott’s side. 

Zach looked over at Danny and El, “So are you two surviving all the changes?”

“We are,” El said as he put an arm around Danny. “Gus, tell them about the house? It’s going to be amazing.”

Gus agreed and told them all the details about the recycled wood he was using for the flooring and  how he was going to remove certain walls to open up the space.

“Does your boyfriend understand you when you talk about all that stuff? George joked.

“Actually, since I did his house, he does understand most of it.  But I promise you, when we are together we aren’t talking construction.  A good hammering maybe….”

All the guys groaned at that one. “I don’t know how you do it, Gus.  A wife and a boyfriend?”  Matty commented. “I mean, I had a boyfriend or two but Nora made it clear when I married I made the decision.  And I made the right one.  I know I couldn’t live without her and she is all I need. So George, what about your new babe?”

“He better treat her good or he has to answer to me!” Gus chimed in.  She is the best thing that happened to Kinney Construction.”

“You don’t have to worry about that, Gus.  I plan to do my best to make that woman my wife.” George said confidently.

“Wow, you know what already?”  Danny asked.

Matty started laughing, “I married Nora in less than 48 hours of meeting her.  Smartest thing I ever did.”

“Well, Sam says marriage is out of the question but I don’t need a license if I have her.”

“A woman that doesn’t want to get married?”  Zach commented.

“Ya, she had a bad experience and said she won’t do it again.”

Gus looked over at George, “I figured she did but that’s none of my business.  And, Geo, just so you know, I don’t think she could find a better guy.”

“Thanks, Gus, that means a lot to me.  I promise to treat her well.”

“Daddy, can we have a snack?” Juss asked Zach and the attention went to the children.


“So, Sam, what should we know about you, besides you are kick ass on the worksite, according to Gus.” Brinn commented as she adjusted the massage chair.  The four women sat in chairs in a row as they got pedicures.

“I am happier than I have been in all of my adult life.  Gus is the ideal boss and I love my job.  I have an amazing apartment with all the wine….well, there is a never ending supply of wine.  I hope to make this my home.  I am thinking about building a house.  No matter how great the apartment is, I have always wanted my own house.    I grew up moving from one place to another.  I want my place.”

“Like just you or you and George?” Nora asked.  “Do you think you’ll get married?  Look at me, asking you questions like that already.  Matty and I got married in two days so obviously  I don’t believe in a long dating process.”

“Well, I don’t believe in marriage so, yes, I hope George will move in with me, but there will be no wedding.”

“As long as you’re happy,” Shelby commented.”Everybody has to live their life the way they need to.  I never dreamt I would share my husband with someone but if I want Gus happy, it is what he needs. He doesn’t love me less.”

Sam laughed, “I so needed a day like this.  In my job I am with a lot more men than women and I forgot how much I need women friends.”

“Well, I think you fit in just fine,” Brinn smiled.  “I have a special spot in my heart for George.  I am so glad you and him have hooked up. This is a small community.  I’m sure you know about George and my history.”

“You’re right.  He actually mentioned it the day she hurt herself at the park.”

“You were the hero that day.  Justice still talks about the pretty lady with the bandaid.” 

“Well, I hope I have the chance to get to know her a little better.  I can tell she is a very intelligent little girl. And obviously has very good taste,“ they all laughed at that.          

By the time they had their toes and hands done the four women were all old friends. As the women hugged and went their own way Brinn hugged Sam and said, “If you ever need to talk, I promise I can keep things to myself.  I get the feeling there is something on your mind.”

“Thanks, Brinn.  I have to work a couple things out in my own head and then I promise, if I need to talk about it, I will call you.  You are all so kind to me.”

“I know a lot of people just see our money but we really are a lot more than that.”

“Brinn, I have no doubt about that. I was blown away when I met your dads and how nice they were.”

“You would never know they both earned their way.  Daddy was raised in a comfortable home but Dad had nothing. They raised us to respect everyone and work hard to help others.”

“From what I can see, they have done an amazing job.” Sam said as Brinn kissed her cheek and rushed off to her car.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Brinn turned around and called back, “I’ll send Geo over. If I were you, I would make love to that man all night long.”  She got in her car and drove away.


Samantha felt lighter than she had in years.  Before going to the apartment, she stopped at a lot she’d been looking at.  It would be so perfect for the house she wanted to build.  The brook running through the back was a deterrent to most people but she wanted it.  She wanted her home to be part of nature.  She wanted the water to flow through the house and leave some of the other natural elements where they were.  It would back up to a hill. She knew this would make it much more difficult but it was worth it to her.  She had spent far too much time in cramped little apartments with her parents.  And after her mother’s death, the apartments got smaller and more rundown.  Her dad loved her but he couldn’t hold it together without her mom. As soon as she graduated from high school she left so he didn’t have to worry about her.   She knew now that’s why she got married so young.  She hadn’t been aware of it at the time but she now realized she wanted to play house, to have a real home.

When she arrived home she had planned to make dinner but she sat to do a couple sketches and when George arrived two hours later, she had several pages spread out on the counter.  She was so in her own thoughts she didn’t hear George come in.  He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.  She nearly jumped out of her skin.

“I’m sorry, Sam.  I didn’t realize you didn’t hear me.  What is all this?”  He picked up one of the pages. “House plans?”

“Well, I am no architect but I have taken some drafting and I hope Gus will draw up the plans for me.  George, will you live with me in my house, our house?”

“I can’t imagine being happy any other place.” He picked up a couple more pages.  “So can you explain all this? This looks like there is water running through the house.”

“You would be right,” she pointed out several  other features and then she showed him the bedrooms she had drawn.  I figured we would have four bedrooms.” She pulled out one page and he could see it was a large room looking out to what was a small flat area that would make a perfect garden. The hill behind would make it private.  

“I can almost feel how restful it will be,” George said as he kissed Sam.

“Of course the kitchen will be whatever you want it to be, although we may have to start with some cheaper appliances and upgrade as I can afford it.”

“Sam, if I am going to live here, the I has to be we.”

“George, I hope you understand that I need this house to be in my name.  I need to own it.”

“I think I understand that, Sam, and I will just be glad if I can live there with you. Now show me the last one.”

Sam laid the last picture in front of him.  It was obviously a picture of a nursery.  “I know we haven’t talked about kids but I know you like them and I hope you want one or two with me.”

“Oh, Sam, I’d have a dozen with you if you wanted that many but two or maybe three...” he paused. “That sounds perfect to me.” He turned her around and kissed her.  “I love you, Samantha.

“Take me to bed, George.”

“I wasn’t sure you would want to.  I mean with that time of the month,” George flushed a little bit.

“You are so cute.  You have tasted every inch of my body but you blush over a period.”

“Well….”

“It really wasn’t a period.  It was related to the loss of the IUD and I assure you, there is nothing I would rather do right now then to taste you from head to toe.”


Danny and Elliott arrived home with Emma and before they knew what was happening, Emma was scooped out of their arms by Hannah.  “You were gone with her long enough.  I am going to play with her until dinner and don’t come bother us.  I got her.”

“Even if she has a dirty diaper?”  Danny teased his little sister.

“I have changed one before.  I am old enough to do that, you know.”  And with that, Hannah disappeared down the hall to the nursery.

“Well, can you think of something that could keep us busy for a couple hours?”  Elliott asked as he slid his hand over Danny’s crotch.

“Oh, I am sure we can think of something.  I know this setup might not be ideal but there are a few benefits.” Danny took Elliott’s hand and led him toward their bedroom.


Nora made dinner for her small family.  Matty played with Leo while she worked on the meal.  “So, Matteo, what does George say about Sam?”

“Woman, I wondered how long it would take you to ask me that.  Leo and I had a bet going that you would wait until after the meal but he won.  You couldn’t wait that long,” He walked up behind her with Leo in his arms and kissed her cheek.

“Mamamama,” Leo leaned in and gave her a sloppy kiss. Nora lifted him out of Matty’s arms and kissed her son. 

“I think your daddy is avoiding my question.’

“George is in love.  She’s not going to hurt him, is she?”  Matty said a little protective of his friend.

“No, I don’t think so.  I think she is genuinely in love with him although she says marriage is out of the question. She obviously has a history there and I get the feeling she may have a couple secrets but that doesn’t mean she hasn’t already told him.  She was very open and sweet but there was something a little guarded about her.  But I have to remember our circle of friends is big and open and a little daunting sometimes.”

“I’m glad to hear that because I don’t think he could take a broken heart.  I might have to show him a good time once again.”  He rubbed his cock against her ass and even through the fabric she felt him respond.

“You do know you are lucky I know you are joking, right?” Nora turned to face him and handed Leo back.  “I think your son needs a change and I….” She kissed Matteo, “will finish dinner.”


Brinn put Braden in bed next to Zander and got into bed with Zach.  “I really did feel like a milk cow sometimes,” she said as she laid her head on his chest.  “How was George today? I mean, did you talk about Sam?”

“Of course we did. Men gossip as much as women.”

“And?”

“George is in love.  I mean he never acted like this about Vicky.  I think this is the real thing.”

“I agree with that. Sam is perfect for him and I can see them married with a couple kids.”

“Well, I’m not sure about the married part but as a couple with kids, yes.”

“No marriage?”

“She obviously has a history and marriage is out, at least at the moment.

“Well, it’s not for everyone but I can’t imagine not being married to you.” Zach started kissing her but a yawn escaped Brinn’s mouth.  He pulled her close, “Good night, Lulu.”

“Zach, are you sure? I mean if you really want to….”

“We have the rest of our lives to make love.  Right now you need to sleep.”

“I love you, Chase, and I love our kids and someday,” she yawned again, “Someday I will get caught up on sleep and then you and I….”

“I am thinking you and I need to divy up the kids for a night and get away.”

“Don’t tease me, Zachary Chase! A night away without kids?”

“Yes,  Geo and Sam would take Juss and your dads could take one of the boys and, I don’t know, maybe Gus and Shel would take the other one.”

“You know, I like that idea.  We will definitely work on that for maybe next weekend but right now,” Brinn kissed Zach once more and she closed his eyes.


Gus and Shelby lay in bed, still catching their breath from lovemaking.  “So are we going to have a big party for the kids over the Fourth?”  Gus aske Shelby.

“Well, it is Taylor’s 16th so I feel like we should do something special but Gage isn’t interested in that kind of party so now I don’t know if we should throw a separate party for his friends and him.”

“I’ll try to ask him tomorrow. I told him we could ride four wheelers for a while.  He usually will talk when we are out doing something fun. I’ll see what he would like,” Gus commented.

“Are you going to Trenton’s tomorrow night?”

“I’m not sure, Shelly.  He is finishing his book and if he isn’t far enough he said he wasn’t going to do anything until it was finished.”

“Well, I will hope for your sake, he gets his story done.  I know you have missed him the last several months.”

“Ya, I saw him more than ever while you were recovering but we ….”  Gus pulled her closer.

“You care about him, I understand that.  Soon you should be able to catch up on times missed.”

“Shelby, I love you!”

 

“I know you do, Gus.  That’s why it’s OK to spend time with Trenton.  I know when you come back to me, you are all mine.”