- Text Size +



 

From: Justin Taylor
To: Brian Kinney
Date: July 6, 2005 14:56
Subject: Ooops!!!

I overslept! I’m so sorry!

How did your appointment go?

I can’t believe I woke up half an hour ago. I must have been very tired.

I blame you for the fuckfest for the past couple of days. *glares*

JT


 

From: Brian Kinney
To: Justin Taylor
Date: July 6, 2005 15:05
Subject: RE: Ooops!!!

It’s okay. You didn’t miss much. I have the picture to show you that Munchkin takes after his daddies. He’s playing with his willy. What can I say? Like father, like son.

Our scale is broken. I told you I couldn’t possibly still be 202. I’m 206!!! I fucking hate you.

I also had a lengthy, traumatizing conversation with Dr. Hump about lactating. He gave me homework to discuss with you about the birth. And…I’ll tell you at home.

Speaking of. I’ll be home late. I have dinner with a potential client. Please pray, I don’t have to piss every two seconds, or I don’t do anything embarrassing as burp or get the hiccups. Nasty stuff.

Oh, and in case you forgot…we’re in the third trim. Yay! Nay, really, but fuck it.

PS: Before I forget (which I will) can you email Keith and let him know this weekend is a good idea for a visit? I need the distraction.

Brian Kinney
CEO Kinnetik


From: Justin Taylor
To: Brian Kinney
Date: July 6, 2005 15:13
Subject: RE: Ooops!!!

Shit! The baby website. I forgot to give you an update. No worries.

Week 29, right? You’re around there, give or take a few days.

Munchkin is the size of a squash! His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. You’ll need plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, and iron to help his increasing nutritional demands. (I’ll remember this next time I cook). And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice).

It also says, he’s very active. Now we know why he kicks you all the time.

Yup, here is it…your nemesis: heartburn, constipation, gas. Sorry, dear.

Uh, something else you might not like…hemorrhoids. Baths help with that. I guess it’s good thing we’re moving into Britin.

Now, what were you saying? Munchkin playing with his willy? No surprise there. You said it yourself.

Dinner with a client? What about your hot housewife at your arm? Can I come too? Pwetty pwease?

We’ll discuss the birth when we settle for a name! I still like Stephen or Alexander.

JT


 

From: Brian Kinney
To: Justin Taylor
Date: July 6, 2005 15:30
Subject: RE: Ooops!!!

Joy! Stop sending me this crap! Will you? I know how I feel, you don’t need to rub it in my face.

Uh, no to those names! Ralph or….nada. It’s final.

I could use a boy toy at my arm. Dress nicely (suit and tie) and be here at five.

You didn’t say if you’d talk to Keith. I really could use this meeting with him.

Urgh! I have to go to a staff meeting. Be here in time.

PS: Can you bring me Toblerone?

Brian Kinney
CEO Kinnetik


 

From: Justin Taylor
To: Brian Kinney
Date: July 6, 2005 15:33
Subject: RE: Ooops!!!

I just sent Keith an email. We’ll read his answer tonight.

I like sending you these facts. I thought you did, too.

Ralph makes me gag. Sorry. No.

Toblerone? WTF? I had to Google that shit. Are you crazy? You want these sticky chocolates? After your molar cracked last week?

You need to drink milk, not eat chocolate.

I’ll be there at 5 pm sharp, looking hotter than you.

Love,

JT


 

By the time 5 pm rolled, I was becoming anxious. I had on my latest purchased suit, which masked my belly wonderfully, but it made me look fat.

If I didn’t get this account, we could lose about five percent from our profit.

In the last semester, I’d lost two accounts, one going to non-other than Vanguard, which made me really mad.

Which brought me to accept this insane offer I got from the opera house. They had a few shows coming, and then again a few solo players from all over the world. I was crazy to accept this. I had no idea how to sell music, but I had Theodore. He loved opera.

My phone rang loudly, making me jump in my chair. “Yes, Cyn.”

“Your escort is here.”

“Huh?”

“That’s how he presented himself.” She laughed.

“Tell the twat I’ll be there in five. I have to piss.”

When I joined them, Justin was looking beautiful. I hadn’t seen him dressed in a suit, except his prom and his nineteenth birthday. He should wear one more often, he looked hot.

He beamed, rushing into my arms. “Hot Dada.” His kissed all over my face.

“You don’t look so bad yourself. We’re off. Bye, Cynthia!”

“Luck!”

“Thanks!” I wrapped my arm around Justin, walking out.

“How does my hair look? Honestly now. I tried to make it stay nice, but it just won’t listen to me.”

“Don’t worry. You’re fine. This was a great idea. You’ll charm them and distract them from the whale in front of them.”

“You’re not a whale,” he said soothingly. “Yet. You’re still a dolphin.”

“You, brat!”

“I say it as I see it.”

“Fuck off. You’re not getting any tonight.”

“Yeah, right. You’ll get all horny during dinner. I know you.” He slid in the Jeep’s passenger seat. “So, who are the clients?”

“Fuck if I know. I mean, they didn’t say who they’d send. I want a contract with the opera house.” I glanced at him. “On second, thought…I should have simply sent Ted. He can talk opera. I can’t. I feel ill at the mere thought of classical music.”

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, looking out the window.

Fuck.

“You like this shit. Right?” I tried dodging the potential dangerous subject of Ian.

Justin shrugged, not looking my way.

“How much do you know? Please, can you help me win them over?”

“Is this so important to you?”

“I’m six months pregnant and going to meet with the officials. It can’t get any more serious. I need their money.”

“I know some. I’m not an expert like Ted, but yeah… Don’t blame me if I mess up.”

“Thank you, Sunshine.”

He smiled a little, but remained quiet.

The event manager and the CFO were waiting for us at the fancy restaurant I’d selected. After introductions, we sat down, ready to talk business.

As the meal progressed, I hoped against hope one of their solo artists wouldn’t be Ian. I truly hoped that, or I’d hang myself. I’d never do anything to help that piece of shit.

I talked about campaign ideas and Justin covered the other side of the conversation, the more artsy part including graphics and color schemes and even talking about the music and the likes.

All in all, the officials were impressed. So much, that by dessert, they even asked if I had the contract with me.

I pulled it out of my briefcase, smiling proudly at Justin. He returned my smile, squeezing my hand.

We parted ways with the opera guys, with them promising to send me one of their players by the end of the week to talk about advertising his part. We’d decided that way was easier—talking straight to the artist, instead through the officials.

On the way home, I stopped by Babylon, making Justin raise an eyebrow at me.

“Aren’t you tired? You had a long day,” he said softly.

Over the past couple of weeks, he’d stopped fighting it when I dragged him to Babylon. “This is the last week. Travis will be back on Saturday.”

“Then you’ll fire him, and by the time you find someone else…you’ll live in Babylon.”

I laughed. “Well, you have a point. We’ll reconsider firing him.”

“Smart idea. Now, let’s be over with this and go home.”

Inside the club, we went straight to my office.

“I have to see if the new liquor shipments have arrived, then make sure we’re all set to implement my idea for themed days. Hear this.” I beamed, spreading my arms. “Moaning Mondays.”

“That’s so cliché!”

“An alternative is Magic Mondays.”

Justin slumped in the stuffed armchair. “I prefer the first one.”

“Then come Twink Tuesdays! You get to enter for free.”

“How thoughtful of you.” He smirked, rolling his eyes.

“Of course, we have Wet Wednesdays, Throwback Thursdays or we can have once in a very long while Troll Thursdays, Frisky Fridays, Satisfying Saturdays, and Sinful Sundays!”

Justin stared at me as if I’d grown another head.

“What? Don’t you think it’s a good idea? I’ve been working on this project for weeks.”

“What color is the sky in your world?” Justin watched me seriously. “I really want to know.”

“Sometimes it’s purple with shiny big stars,” I joked.

Justin threw his head back, laughing loudly. “God, I love you, Brian.”

I kissed his forehead. “I’ll be right back. I have to talk with my staff.”

“What should I do? Is it top secret what you’re going to talk to them? Can’t I come along?”

“Oh, fine.” I extended my hand. He grasped it, and we strolled out of my office to the bar.

Chuck was wiping the counter, but stopped when he saw us. I leaned my elbows on it, waving the security and music technicians over.

We had one hour before opening time.

“We’ve got three dozen crates of beer, ten bottles of whiskey, a few other bottles of various strong alcohol, water—still and bubbly, and juice. We have cigarettes—a few brands. Napkins, we got napkins.” He smiled, ticking everything off the list in front of him.

“You’ve got juice?” I regarded him curiously. I knew we had juice, but it was funny the way he said it.

Chuck flushed. “Because I wanted to ask you about it. We got the usual fizzy drinks and orange and cranberry juice for the cocktails, but there’s also…guava juice. For some odd reason.”

Justin choked on his spit, and I shot him a dirty look.

“Send that to my office, upstairs. Also, pour me some now.” I turned to Nigel, one of the music technicians. “Let’s go over the playlist for tonight, then for the rest of the week.”

“What drink goes with guava, Brian?” Chuck gave me a confused look.

“Just pour him some guava juice in a glass. Only that,” Justin muttered, exasperated.

I was grateful he saved me the embarrassment to admit I’d rather drink juice than Beam.

Ignoring their curious looks, I drank my juice and finished discussing everything.

We ended up staying at Babylon till around ten. I was ready to crash right there.

Thankfully, Justin took me home before I could convince him the couch in my office upstairs was perfect for a nap.

At home, while I showered, Justin worked on a snack.

I found him on the bed, dipping a pancake in chocolate syrup while frowning at my laptop, set in front of him.

“Why must you play with my toys? How did you even know the password?” I demanded, crawling next to him and stealing a pancake. “And why are we having breakfast?”

“What’s with all the questions? Eat and shut up. By the way, you’re transparent. Of course, I knew your password.”

“I don’t know yours.” I resisted the urge to pout.

“That’s because I don’t have one.”

“Oh.” I stuffed the rest of the pancake in my mouth. “How did you guess mine?”

It was uncanny how well he knew me.

“Well, first I tried Sunshine, which I’m deeply hurt to find out it’s not. Then I thought about it. Mikey would have been too obvious, but then I remembered your first crush.” He beamed. “Patrick Swayze. I tried that. Well….when it wasn’t and I had one more try left…I decided to test my luck with Johnny87.”

“You’re such a smart, little twat,” I praised him. Note to self: Change the password to something he’ll never guess. Like the length of my dick.

“And you’re pathetic.”

“Thank you.” I took another pancake. “So what are you doing anyway?”

“Keith answered with details on their visit.”

I licked and sucked my fingers clean. “They’re actually coming?” I eagerly pulled the computer on my lap. “Awesome!” I needed this meeting more than anything.

“That’s what I told him to tell us.”

“I can’t wait to meet him.” I grinned.

“Don’t you mean…them? Oh, Brian! Did you see their newest blog entry?”

“No.” I opened Keith’s email.

“Kira walked for the first time and they taped it!”

I gave him a sour look. “Sadly, you’ll get along with Leo.”

“Oh, please. You’ll get all mushy when you see the video.”

“I’d rather not cry again. I shed all my tears this morning when Dr. Hump told me about the 206 pounds.”

“Aww.” Justin wrapped an arm around me. “I’m so sorry. I promise to help you lose all the weight. Oh, which reminds me. I read that yoga helps you around this time.”

“Justin, I can’t keep my balance on my best days. How could I stand in one foot or bend over at some crazy angle?”

“We should try searching yoga for pregnant. There must be something.”

I tuned him out, focusing on the e-mail.


 

From: Keith Rogers
To: Brian Kinney
Date: July 6, 2005 17:07
Subject: Visit

Hi Brian,

First, let me tell you (both of you) Happy Independence Day! I forgot about it, but we had an eventful few days.

Now, about our visit.

Leo found a few hotels, but I decided to ask if you know any good ones. Is this Friday okay?

I know it’s one day away, but I have no idea when I’ll have free time again.

Let me know.

PS: Did you check our blog? Kira walked!

Keith (and Leo)


 

Justin huffed. “They’re staying with us at Britin!”

“Of course. Let me reply him.”


 

From: Brian Kinney
To: Keith Rogers
Date: July 6, 2005 23:14
Subject: RE: Visit

You’re staying with us! Remember, I told you about the new house? It’s ready.

Friday is perfect. Just tell us when you arrive and we’ll pick you up from the airport.

Justin saw the clip (She’s gorgeous, guys! I can’t wait to meet her!)

Yeah…he totally took over the keyboard, but nobody messes with the psychotic pregnant guy. =)

Brian (and Justin, sadly)


 

I pressed Send, glancing to my left where Justin was rubbing his hand.

“Serves you right for interrupting me.”

“You’re insane! You drew blood!”

“Don’t be a drama princess. Now, show me the video.”

“Find it yourself. You know their blog.”

He snatched the plate off the bed, along with the blanket, and stomped to the couch.

And I’m the one with the hormone problems. Yeah, right.

I found the video of Kira’s first steps, but there wasn’t anything wow about it. Truthfully, she’d made all but three steps and fell on her ass. Big deal.

I hadn’t even enjoyed my son’s first steps. That was probably Lindsay’s fault for squeezing my balls for not accepting the GLC trophy for saving Justin.

Keith’s reply distracted me.


 

From: Keith Rogers
To: Brian Kinney
Date: July 6, 2005 23:20
Subject: RE: Visit

If you say it’s okay and we wouldn’t crowd you, sure.

We land at 13:10.

I’ll ring you when we touch down so we can find you in the airport.

We’re really excited about this. Leo’s busy packing and unpacking for five hours now.

I’ll let you sleep. It’s pretty late to be up at this hour.

Keith


 

Awesome. Another nagger.

I put the laptop away and went after the inmate twink.

He’d started his favorite movie, The Yellow Submarine, and was lounging on the couch.

“Go to bed, Brian. I can’t sleep.”

“So this has nothing to do with our little fight?” I checked.

“No. Maybe. Just go.” He pushed against my leg. “Sleep. I’ll come to bed later.”

“Okay, but I need my goodnight kiss.”

Snorting, he sat up, kissing me softly. “There. Night.”

“Good night.” I smiled, returning to bed.