- Text Size +

 

Seth stared down at Justin sleeping on the couch, undoubtedly waiting up for him as he had been every night during the past week. He wasn't going to wake him; although, he knew the monster that was terrorizing him wanted him to do exactly that. What would the harm be in waiting until Justin woke up on his own... or even in the morning? Seth winced as excruciating pain suddenly attacked at the back of his head. What the fuck, he thought to himself. Could Brian see that deeply into his mind to know about his slight rebellion? It was unthinkable. 

 

He began to frantically pace back and forth. How did he tell Justin this shocking news? Could he salvage anything with him? And, even if he could manipulate Justin into forgiving him, what would be the point? Once his confession reached the hospital administrators, not only would he be fired, but he would be facing charges as well. It was possible he wouldn't face jail time; but, at the very least, he would lose his license as a practicing nurse. Even though his head vibrated with menacing chants if he failed in his task, Seth could easily remember Justin's dire warnings the night he had first encountered the deadly monster. He should have heeded his advice. But, would it have even mattered? Once Brian saw Justin, it was all over. Seth was more than lucid enough to realize that Brian would have moved any obstacle that stood in his way.

 

Shaking his head, Seth slipped out of his jacket, tossing it haphazardly on the chair next to the couch, unaware that both his keys and confession were hanging through the opening. He couldn't do this now. Moving in the direction of the bathroom, he didn't look back at Justin again. He had to think, and he decided he would do that in the shower before he changed for the hospital, knowing his time there tonight would probably be short-lived. Surely, he had that much time before Brian would show up and attack him...

 

As he turned on the water, Seth could hear his cold voice stabbing into him - 'Do not fail me. Do not fail me.' Over and over it continued. Nothing could drown it out. Once he was out of the shower, he knew he had no choice but to obey the commands. If he didn't, he felt his head would explode. Yes he acknowledged to himself. He must obey.

 

Justin slowly blinked, his eyes opening, the sound of a door closing jarring him awake. "Seth?" he called out, sitting up and looking around the room. When his eyes fell on the closed bathroom door, with a light shining beneath, he realized that Seth must be home and was probably getting ready for work. Running a hand through his hair, Justin stayed on the couch, determined he would wait him out. 

 

Looking to his side, he noticed Seth's jacket tossed on the chair. That was an oddity in itself. Seth always hung his jacket on the coat rack. He was absurdly meticulous; although he realized in Seth's chosen profession, that probably should be expected. Positive that Seth had been rushed for some reason, Justin reached over to pick up Seth's jacket, preparing to take it over to the rack and hang it as Seth would normally do. When a folded slip of paper fell from the pocket, Justin found himself reaching for it, knowing it was perhaps an invasion of Seth's privacy, but for some reason, feeling compelled to see it. Justin told himself his response stemmed from Seth's strange behavior these last couple of weeks, even if he didn't feel quite right about looking at it.

 

As he began reading what appeared to be a statement, Justin's eyes began to grow wider, a pained gasp quickly following. Tears blurred his vision as he read what was a confession from Seth regarding criminal wrongdoing that he had perpetrated against him. His boyfriend had drugged him from the start? For what reason? To use and control him? He couldn't believe it... but the evidence was right in front of him. Seth was actually about to turn himself in... but why now? 

 

Justin shook his head. Why now didn't even matter. Seth had betrayed him. Drugged and manipulated him. All because he wanted them to be together? Anger and disappointment swelled in him. He had to get out of here. As much as he wanted to confront his former boyfriend, Justin knew now wasn't a good time. First, he needed to get his feelings under control. Jamming the confession back into Seth's jacket, Justin made his way to the door, only taking his wallet and keys. He would return for his things once Seth had left for work. At the moment, he couldn't even bear looking at the deceptive asshole. 

 

Walking out of the building, and with no particular destination in mind, Justin wondered where he would go once he collected his belongings? Although he knew he could go home now that his parents were divorced, he still wasn't reconciled with how his mother hadn't tried harder to help him when his father emotionally abused him. In his mind, reaching out to her wasn't even an option. The truth of the matter was simple, though. He had to come up with an answer... and he needed to come up with it fast.

 


 

"My office... NOW," Brian snarled, his eyes savagely attacking Michael, determination, and finality resounding in his voice.

 

All eyes around the bar immediately looked in their direction, soon to look away when Brian harshly glared at all of them. He was pissed and he wasn't playing this game any longer. Dealing with Michael would simplify his life in so many ways. No matter how much he had tried other options, it all came down to this. It would be over tonight.

 

"Of course, Brian..." Michael grinned from ear to ear, shooting a victorious look in Emmett's direction, before walking away, he mouthed, ‘I told you so,' to his friend, unaware that this was anything but a good thing.

 

As Brian led the way back to his office, he could feel his rage intensifying at an alarming rate. He was torn on how to properly handle Michael. His instincts implored him to end his worthless life now... but, he had made a critical mistake just moments ago, something that he rarely allowed himself to do. He had created a scene in front of far too many witnesses. Half of them were probably either drunk or high off of their asses. That didn't really matter. There were too many people to chase down and clear their memories. 

 

He couldn't kill Michael. For tonight, at the very least, Michael had a reprieve. However, the annoying little pissant would leave Babylon well under his control; and, perhaps he would find a use for him after all. The most nauseating part to him was in the knowledge that he would be forced to place his mouth to Michael's neck, and take his blood. Feeding on Michael was the last thing he wanted to do, but it was a necessity now.

 

Once they were inside his office, Brian hissed, "Close and lock the door behind you. I don't want any interruptions."

 

Michael smirked. Finally, Brian was getting it. He had waited so long, and his patience was about to pay off. He did as Brian told him, not even flinching at the anger on Brian's face, deciding it couldn't be anger he was seeing, but instead, an unfulfilled desire on his soon-to-be lover's face. Michael moved toward him, unable to resist running his hand along the front of Brian's shirt, wincing when Brian's hand shot out to grasp his wrist in a painful grip. "B-brian? W-what the fuck? You're hurting me---"

 

"I want to do much more than that!" Brian hissed, a momentary flash of red coming and going in his eyes.

 

"Of course you do. I know that. But, not so rough, okay?" Michael looked at Brian apprehensively, but still oozing with confidence, when he added, "You don't need to worry, Bri. I'm here for you. In fact, I broke up with David, just knowing we would be together soon."

 

Brian flung Michael's wrist away in disgust, the force causing Michael to stagger on his feet. "Are you out of your fucking mind? I have been more than honest with you, Michael. I have no interest in you in any capacity. I don't intend wasting more time on words that don't seem to penetrate your delusional brain. I just don't get you, Michael!"

 

"But that's the problem, Brian. You've never understood or listened to my feelings." Michael looked up at Brian with stars in his eyes, a dreamy expression on his face. "I love you. I've always loved you. I can't think about anything else... only you." 

 

"Fuck!" Brian hissed. He couldn't deal with this anymore. He had to wonder, though. Was this his fault? Vampire aura affected people differently. He had never used it on Michael, but the weak-minded were often more susceptible. Either way, it ended now. "I didn't want it to come to this, Michael, but you leave me with no choice. Your lust for me is about to turn into revulsion. And, call it what you will, it is only lust."

 

"Revulsion? I could never feel like that about you. And, I know my heart, Brian. I love you! We are meant for each other. I don't even mind you tricking; as long as you come home to me---" Michael's words became lodged in his throat when he noticed Brian's eyes turning into glowing red orbs, terrifying and hypnotizing, his hands clenching and unclenching at his sides, Brian's footsteps taking him quickly to Michael, the other man backing up until he was against the locked door.

 

Brian laughed in disgust. "You're not going anywhere, Michael... at least, not quite yet. You wanted me so much? Well, you will get this part of me---" Uncaring of how much he alarmed Michael, Brian revealed his fangs, immediately sinking them into Michael's neck, slightly repelled at the feel of his mouth against Michael's flesh. He despised Michael all the more for feeling as if he had forced him into this nauseating act. He drank from him only briefly, before he pulled back just as savagely, his eyes glowing all the more, hypnotizing him in one simple glance.

 

"Look deeply into my eyes, Michael, and hear my words. You will obey my every command from this day forward. Nod your understanding..." Brian waited for Michael to slowly respond, satisfied by the other man's trance-like state that indicated everything was proceeding as it should be. "You feel nothing but revulsion for me. When you see me, you will look the other way before leaving my presence entirely. You don't want any involvement with me. Do you understand?"

 

"Yes, I understand..." Michael answered in a barely audible voice, but more than loud enough for Brian to hear him. 

 

Brian shook his head, pissed that it had to go this far, but pleased that Michael's stalking would finally come to an end. "Should I ever summon you for any reason, you will come to me without question and obey my every command." Brian doubted that he would ever do that, but it was a point he wanted to be established - here and now. "You won't remember any of this, Michael... but you will always recognize your disgust and loathing of me. Leave now." Brian released Michael from his gaze, immediately severing their connection, anxious to see the displeasure in Michael's eyes.

 

"Brian? What the hell am I doing in here?" Michael looked around in confusion, irritation, and disgust on his face. 

 

"We had some things to discuss, but we're done now." Brian stared coldly at the other man. "Perhaps you should leave."

 

Turning around Michael tried to open the door, discovering it was locked. Swearing, Michael shook his head in disgust. "Uhhh yeah, I think I should. Why is the door locked?"

 

"I have no idea, Michael, perhaps you locked it by accident." Brian watched Michael closely, pleased that this problem was resolved. All in all, it had been a good night, except Seth still wasn't completely under control... a problem he intended on rectifying next. Shortly after he began his mind manipulation of Michael, his senses had alerted him to discord with Seth. There was something hindering Seth from talking to Justin... and he was about to find out why.

 

"Well, that's stupid..." Michael grumbled. "I wouldn't want to be locked in here with you..." 

 

Brian smiled coldly. "My sentiments exactly. Now, leave. I have things to do---"

 

Michael turned to glare at Brian in response but froze as soon as they made eye contact. Before turning away, Michael nodded, and left the room, in obvious agreement that they both go their separate ways.

 

"Finally..." Brian sneered as he walked in the opposite direction, moving toward the backdoor of Babylon, realizing he needed to hurry in order to intercept Seth before he arrived at the hospital. The vile man had better have his confession in hand, and a valid excuse for not telling Justin of his crimes, because he knew without a doubt, neither had been accomplished yet. 

 

His warning to Seth had been more than clear. Obey him, or die tonight. 

 

TBC