- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A/N: To anyone that has been reading this story elsewhere, this is a NEW chapter. I hope you enjoy it.

:)

 

 

Justin smiled nervously at Brian when they reached the door to his apartment. A slight grimace befell him. Not actually his apartment, but Sean's instead. He desperately wanted to tell the unprincipled SOB exactly what he thought of him but he wasn't sure if his head was right to do that. Each day he was off of the medication, he began grasping more and more clarity. The fog was gradually lifting, which in so many ways was a relief. He had so much to think about and decide; but, for now, he would get some rest and hopefully be gone before Seth returned in the morning. Facing him really wasn't the problem. He just didn't want to hear more lies, and not being able to completely separate his lies from the truth - if he ever told him any of the latter. At the moment, he didn't trust anything Seth had to say to him and only believed every word he spoke was simply another cruel manipulation.

 

Turning the key in the lock, Justin turned to hesitantly look back at Brian, not a doubt in his mind that the other man didn't have any intention of a quick goodnight. The determination was both in his stance and even more so, in his eyes. "Uhhh, thanks for walking me home, Brian; although, it wasn't at all necessary."

 

"Perhaps not to you... but it was to me," Brian answered, uncaring if he was saying more in both his words and tone than he was openly admitting. Although his own reasons were varied, Brian needlessly reminded him, "You are clearly not yourself tonight, Justin. Your actions on the docks displayed that."

 

"I made an upsetting discovery this evening, and I just needed to clear my head." Justin frowned as he thought about that for a minute. Clear his head? It's amazing how different he felt since he had been doing that for days now. Those damn pills had enabled Seth to control him. Perhaps now he could have a normal life.

 

Brian stared intently at the young man that he had so far failed to compel. He wondered just how clear his head was now... and if he should make a new attempt. Brian knew he was going to try at some point. His deep interest in Justin, in particular, his immense desire for him, wouldn't allow for any other course of action. "Invite me in, Justin. I think we should talk more."

 

"Talk?" Justin teasingly asked, knowing with Brian, it was never as simple as that. He didn't see any harm in it. It wasn't that late, and he really did need to talk. 

 

"Yes, Justin, talk. That act where one opens their mouth and words come out." Brian arched a brow, waiting for the much-needed invitation, realizing how beneficial it would be for him in the future. "Now, be a good boy and ask me to come in."

 

Justin rolled his eyes, bewildered by why Brian needed a formal invitation; however, once he stepped across the threshold, asking his expectant guest, "Would you like to come in?"

 

Finally, he thought to himself. This was progress and a simple act that would change things immensely. Brian didn't foresee a time that he would come inside without permission... but, having Justin's invitation made it so he could. That could become beneficial under certain circumstances. "Thank you, Justin. I would like that."

 

For a brief moment, Justin looked around, making sure that no signs of Seth unexpectedly returning while he had been out having been an occurrence. "Would you like something to drink?" Justin offered, walking into the kitchen to get himself a bottle of water, his self-preservation instincts well intact. There was no way he intended to drink alcohol when he was alone in his apartment with Brian. He had never met anyone as elemental as Brian. The sexual allure he carried himself with was unlike anything he'd ever known. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that such an allure and charisma was uncommon. On every one of their encounters, Justin had felt off balance. He wondered how much more so he would feel in this more intimate environment.

 

"Nothing for me, Justin." Brian's eyes flared briefly, aware that he couldn't tell him that what he wanted to drink wasn't presently on the menu. Brian was more than confident that it would be, though. And very soon. In fact, he would be drinking two different essences. After his brief taste of him earlier, he wasn't sure which flavor he most wanted to gorge himself on...

 

Slightly timidly, Justin returned to the couch, making sure to sit at the furthest end, realizing that to be a most futile defense mechanism. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that if Brian wanted to pounce, it wouldn't matter where he was in the room. Justin was even more doubtful at how convincingly he could protest as well. He was sure his resolve could be put to the test very soon. "So, uhhh, you wanted to talk?"

 

"I did." Brian arched a brow in amusement by how Justin seemed to be clinging to the far end of the couch. The boy had so much to learn. "Do I make you nervous, Justin?"

 

Justin shook his head, then when he turned his head to meet Brian's fierce gaze, he nodded in affirmation. "I guess a bit. I don't even know why either. You haven't threatened me, and yet, I feel like you're dangerous." Justin laughed nervously. "I know it doesn't make any sense. Perhaps it's just the fog that's been in my brain unraveling. I hope it gets better soon."

 

"I won't lie to you, Justin. I can be extremely dangerous... when I need to be. I don't see me ever being like that with you."

 

"Yeah, I believe you." Justin didn't know why he believed this captivating man that was still virtually a stranger to him, he only knew that he did. "Uhhh, I suppose I should be grateful you came along when you did tonight. I was in a haze. My thoughts had me wandering aimlessly. I can't even remember heading in the direction of the waterfront."

 

"I'm glad I did too..." Brian huskily replied. In fact, he was glad for a number of reasons, ones he wasn't quite sure he could prioritize at the moment. "Although it worked out, it was extremely reckless. I am curious about why such a sudden disregard for your safety."

 

Justin's spine stiffened, his eyes briefly flaring as he thought about Seth's betrayal. "I had a surprise. One that was horrifying. I just had to get out of here. I was just trying to clear my head and figure out what I should do next. I can't say I was thinking about anything else."

 

Even though he knew that Seth hadn't confessed to Justin prior to his death, Brian had the feeling that Justin knew something of true significance. There wasn't a doubt that he needed to dig until he found out exactly what he did know. As things stood now, he couldn't risk another attempt at compulsion.  "This horrifying event... was it to do with your boyfriend?"

 

"Ex-boyfriend..." Justin insisted vehemently. "And yeah. The asshole betrayed me in the worst possible way." Looking up, observing that Brian was watching him in rapt attention, Justin continued, "he manipulated me to take those pills all to control my mind. I didn't need the medication just as you had suggested. It started after I was bashed and under Seth's care in the trauma unit. What he did was criminal, not to mention cruel."

 

Brian wasn't a liar, despite the fact he was a vampire and had to hide his true identity and agenda. He had no intention of acting surprised. His questions had only been necessary to ascertain how much Justin knew about Seth's disgusting behavior. It was his hope that they moved on from Seth quickly. "Yes, it is. He should be behind bars, but sadly, I don't have a lot of faith in the justice system." Brian didn't elaborate on that, but to himself, acknowledged that he had lived a long time and had witnessed even viler crimes than the one Seth perpetrated against Justin. "I am sorry you had to be a victim of this heinous act, but I am glad you discovered it before the situation went on even longer. How did you find out?"

 

"I think he was probably going to tell me, but we just crossed paths. I was asleep on the couch when he was taking a shower. A note fell out of his pocket that was a confession for the hospital. I couldn't bear to confront him about it so I just left before he came back out." Justin grimaced, realizing how pathetic he sounded. "I guess that was cowardly. I just couldn't face him."

 

"It's not at all cowardly, Justin. Someone who would do what he did could be capable of anything if the discussion went badly. Your personal safety is all that matters," Brian told him sternly. "I doubt you will have to worry about him again."

 

"Perhaps not; that is if he really confessed. Right now, that's my concern. If he didn't, then he will be home in the morning. I can't be here for that---"

 

Brian knew there wasn't any way he could reassure Justin of the impossibility of that without revealing more than it was safe to say. And, if he did that, he could only imagine how Ben would react. During the course of his long existence, he had feared very little; however, his older brother in the grips of a full rage, that was fearsome. "I could help you with that, Justin."

 

"Help me?" Justin asked. "If you are suggesting what I think you are, I really don't think that's a good idea."

 

Rolling his lips under, Brian surveyed the hot blond with a dark and unhidden hunger in his eyes. "I think I can resist your immense charms while you are working through your crisis. My house is enormous. I am generally out at night and sleep most of the day. If it puts your mind at ease, my older brother is staying with me also." Brian knew that Ben would be welcoming to Justin, at least, on the surface... but how his brother actually felt about the idea was hard to predict. "This could be the perfect solution to getting your mind settled. And in all honesty, Justin, do you really want to stay here, even if Seth never returns?"

 

Justin shook his head. "No, this is Seth's place, and everything I see reminds me of every moment he used me. Even now, I hate being here."

 

"Then, it's settled." Brian watched Justin closely, instantly deciding he wouldn't be pushing him tonight. There was no hurry now, despite his immense desire for the young man. Clearly, Justin wouldn't be ready for intimate overtures, and it wouldn't put his mind at ease in regards to staying at his home. This was the perfect answer for all of them. He could examine Justin at his leisure and try to solve the mysteries that surrounded him; and, in doing so, start progressing toward the closer connection he craved. Ben was really his only concern, but he would make him understand how this was a win/win for all of them. 

 

Justin bit his lip uncertainly, his eyes downcast, totally oblivious to the intensified hunger in the other man. "I suppose I could for a few days... only until I find something else." Looking up, Justin momentarily found himself hypnotized by Brian's gaze that seemed to burn and glow. "Uhhh, would you make sure your brother won't mind? I don't want to cause any problems."

 

"I will speak to him, Justin, but I am sure it will be fine. It is my home, and he typically keeps to himself." Brian laughed as he thought about how Justin would perceive his older, and at times, excessively stoic brother. "He is very different from me, as I am sure you will quickly observe."

 

"I see," Justin smirked for a moment. "I guess that means he won't be trying to get me in bed?"

 

"Ben is queer like me, but no, I don't think he will see you like that." Brian knew Ben wouldn't be attracted to Justin. His family loyalty was his number one priority, and chasing after the man his younger brother desired would be taboo to him. It was just how Ben was wired - past, present... and forever. 

 

Justin nodded, still a bit uncertain, but recognizing this was his best answer - at least for the moment. "I'm curious about him."

 

As he is about you too, Brian thought to himself. Brian stood to his feet, knowing he needed to warn Ben in person, and hear any tirade before Justin was there with him. "I need to get my car, and I will let my brother know that you will be staying with us. Will an hour give you enough time to gather anything you might need?"

 

"Yes, more than enough." Justin stood up, placing his hand on Brian's arm, not the slight bit oblivious to how the other man slightly tensed up. "Thank you for this, Brian. I can't tell you how much of a relief this is."

 

"I think I know, but let me be very clear here---" Brian reached out and cupped the side of Justin's face, making sure they maintained direct eye contact, intent that the blond beauty wasn't deluded that anything had changed regarding his pursuit. "Nothing has changed for me, Justin. I need you to know that. I will give you time to process all that you have recently discovered, but my desire for you hasn't diminished. When the time is right, I will come after you full force."

 

Slowly, Justin swallowed, unable to look away from Brian's penetrating and hungry gaze. "Yeah, I knew that, Brian. I guess we'll see what happens. After all, it does take two."

 

"Indeed it does," Brian agreed, his eyes flaring briefly, his hand moving Justin's face closer, his mouth quickly descending to capture the lips that were conveniently parted for him... an opportunity that opposed his very nature to resist. He growled into the heat of Justin's mouth, knowing this would only elevate his hunger, but unable to deny himself another taste of him, vowing to himself, there would be so many more to come - soon. 

 

For several minutes, Brian ravenously devoured Justin's mouth, nothing left unclaimed in his unrelenting kiss. Cognizant of the fact that Justin needed air that he did not, Brian pulled back, laying his forehead against Justin's, determination and lust blazing in his eyes. "I think I've made my point. If not, I think in time you will see just how persuasive I can be."

 

Justin blinked, his hand reaching up to touch his bruised lips, a slight smile on them as he realized it was a very good feeling. He hadn't needed a declaration from Brian to tell him he was going to be hunted at a time of Brian's choosing. That had been Brian's objective from the moment they had met. Then, it was more daunting... but now, he wasn't sure he didn't welcome it equally.

 

 

 

A/N: How will big brother react? And how will they co-exist together? I guess we'll see.

:)