- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

A/N: This is basically just the meeting between Ben and Justin. I guess we'll see how THAT goes. Thank you to those that are still hanging in there with me. As with all of my stories, this story will be finished, and I don't foresee it being as many chapters as some of my others. However, only time will tell about that. Thanks for reading!

:)


 

Justin slid into the low-seated corvette, whistling as he touched the shiny leather seats, unable to fathom such luxury. "Nice ride, Brian. I can only imagine what this must have cost you.."

 

"It was enough." Brian paused to laugh. "However, worth every penny. I enjoy speed, but I will try to control myself on the drive home. I wouldn't want to scare you unduly."

 

"I don't mind going fast." Justin smiled at Brian, his smile widening at the sound of the engine roaring to pulsing life. "I suppose your home will be like this too? Extravagant and over the top?"

 

Brian snorted. "It's just a sports car, Justin. I don't see it as over the top. Although, my home is more of an estate. I think you will find plenty of distractions there." Brian glanced covetously at the blond beauty, thankful for his immortal night vision to make out his every feature in the dark of the night. "Perhaps some more pleasurable than others---"

 

Justin laughed nervously. He was amused by Brian's continued efforts, and yet, aware that he would be secluded with him in the days ahead. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he was attracted to Brian; in fact, he would be lying to himself if he didn't admit his desire for this man that was pure sex on legs. Although, he only made that admission to himself. He wasn't a fool. Making such an admission to this man would have Brian on him in nothing flat... and for now, at least, he wasn't emotionally ready for that. "You never give up..."

 

Glancing heatedly at Justin for a long moment, doing nothing to mask the desire from his eyes, Brian candidly observed, "You really don't want me to, Justin. It doesn't matter if you admit that or not. We both know it."

 

Turning his head, just able to make out Brian's cocky expression in the dim lighting, Justin shook his head in wonder. "You have such a mammoth sized ego, Brian Kinney. There is positively no one like you---"

 

"It's true, there's not." Brian laid his foot down and accelerated more. Now that they were nearing the edge of the city limits, and approaching the more open highway, he just wanted to get home. Brian realized that Justin would need some time to get settled in; but, most of all, the inevitable meeting between Justin and his brother needed to take place. Although he knew Ben would be cordial to Justin, he wasn't sure how well it would go. He liked to think that Ben would trust his judgment, but after his reaction earlier, he wasn't so sure.

 

"Is your home far out of the city?" Justin asked in interest, surprised that Brian's home would be so far from the Pittsburgh nightlife, such as it was. "I ask that because I do have a job at a coffee shop across town."

 

"About ten miles." Brian frowned momentarily, uncertain if he'd known about Justin's job. He could have, but he hadn't filed that away as he had everything else that pertained to the blond. Transportation wouldn't be a problem, but keeping in mind all that Justin had recently gone through, he wasn't sure it was wise for him to be wandering around alone right now. "Perhaps you should take some time off while you become acclimated to everything that's so recently transpired."

 

Justin thought about it for a moment, but the more practical side won out. "Serving coffee isn't what I want to do with my life, but I do need to work. It's only temporary."

 

Brian increased his speed, his desire to have them home, and the imminent meeting between Justin and Ben over and done. "You don't need to work now, Justin. I think your immediate need is the healing of both your heart and mind. My home will provide you with that; and, I can supply anything else you might need."

 

"As good as that sounds, I just can't let you take care of me, Brian. I need to be self-sufficient..."

 

"You will be in time. The circumstances of your inheritance need to be fully investigated. We can work on that while you are getting your life back together. There's a possibility the legalities of it could be accelerated." Brian sighed, knowing he was probably pushing too hard, but knowing he didn't feel comfortable with Justin wandering around on his own until his mind was less cluttered. "I won't tell you what to do, Justin. These are just my suggestions."

 

Justin glanced at Brian, even in the dim lighting able to see the tension on his face. He reached out and placed his hand on Brian's knee, momentarily uneasy when Brian seemed to tense up even more following his touch. "I appreciate your kindness, Brian. It's remarkable since we barely know each other. I will sleep on it and give you an answer tomorrow."

 

"That's all I am asking... at least, for now." Brian forced his eyes straight ahead, relief flooding through him when Justin removed his hand. He had forced himself not to touch Justin in any way when he had picked him up a short time ago. Having Justin touching him in any manner sorely tested his control. Thankfully, his estate was enormous. Although, Brian realized just knowing that Justin was there, close and accessible, would be a constant torment. He would endure it, never doubting in time that Justin would come to him. "We're almost home now." Turning down the private road that led to his home, Brian slowed down, his hands maneuvering the steering wheel through the curves on the road that he could manage on his senses alone.

 

"A private road." Justin laughed. "I feel as if I'm about to be enslaved in your personal dungeon, cut off from the rest of the world."

 

Staring ahead, Brian's eyes flashed red for a brief moment, the very thought instilling immediate lust for the blond in him. "Perhaps you are..."

 

Justin shook his head, despite how crazy it was, not feeling any trepidation. For whatever reason, he felt safe with Brian; and, no matter what was happening between them on a personal level, he believed that it would proceed at a pace of his choosing. "I trust you, Brian." Justin was silent as Brian stopped at the gate, watching as he input the security code, with the gates swinging open just long enough for his car to pass through. Justin gasped as he viewed the grounds in front of the massive property, the security lighting illuminating each section of the lush land. "Wow, this is amazing. It's almost gothic."

 

"Thank you, that was the exact look I wanted. Wait until you see the inside... and there is a pool and tennis court in the back that you can use as you wish." Brian smiled as he moved up the driveway, stopping and parking his car in the normal spot, smiling encouragingly at Justin, knowing this would be their last moment alone until Ben had his questions answered. He only hoped that went well. At this point, he couldn't be sure.

87-private-gothic-mansion-fully-restored-4-20151221161546

 

"I am speechless, Brian. I didn't think places existed like this around here; although, this is far out of the city... but I am so grateful for this opportunity you have given me." Justin smiled shyly at his host, looking away from the heat he soon discerned glowing in Brian's hazel eyes. He opened the door and slid out, his eyes widening when he noticed a figure standing on the porch that was still some distance away. "I assume that's your brother. He is fine with this arrangement, right?"

 

Brian glared at Ben in the distance, well aware of Ben's ability to see his glowering expression both in the darkness and the distance. "Ben goes over and beyond at being welcoming; and yes, he seems fine with our arrangement. And again, this is my home, not my brother's..."

 

Waiting as Brian opened the small trunk and they grabbed his bags, Justin walked next to him, quietly telling him, "I get that, but I wouldn't be comfortable if your brother had a problem with me being here."

 

Silently, Brian urged Justin forward, his eyes willing his brother to be on his best behavior... and more importantly, keeping a still tongue. He knew why Ben was outside waiting. Ben could hear every word they spoke from a distance. His controlling brother would want that advantage. As they stepped onto the immense porch, Brian chidingly told his brother, "The welcome wagon wasn't necessary."

 

"Nonsense, Brian. It isn't every day that my little brother brings a friend home to stay..." Ben's eyes flashed warningly at his brother before his attention settled on Justin, his eyes sweeping assessingly over the younger man, piercing into him sharply, intent on discovering his secrets. 

 

Justin giggled, looking back and forth between the two very different brothers, both in appearance and demeanor. "Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh. It's just difficult to picture Brian as a little brother."

 

"Ah yes, I understand that. Brian has far more arrogance than any man should have." Ben leaned in closer, breathing in Justin's scent, his eyes briefly flaring as he detected a slightly familiar scent, and yet unable to fully identify it. "I'm afraid we both have that in common; although, we express it differently."

 

Brian sighed, already deeming this would be more of an ordeal than he'd expected. "Let's go inside, shall we?"

 

Justin extended his free hand, shaking Ben's warmly, briefly meeting the elder's eyes, surprised to see a hint of fear in them. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Justin Taylor, and I appreciate your brother's hospitality, and look forward to getting to know you too."

 

"Benjamin Bruckner at your service." Ben released Justin's hand and nonchalantly bowed to the waist. "Likewise I am sure; although, after meeting you, I doubt my brother's motives are at all pure."

 

"You can dispense with the warnings, brother. Justin knows all about my depraved desires..." Brian groused, waiting for them both to go inside before following in behind them. 

 

Ben snorted. "I have little doubt. You are the antithesis of subtle."

 

Justin laughed. "I can agree with that."

 

"Set your bags down and come into the drawing room. I have some fruits, meats, and beverages laid out. In your rush to move, I thought perhaps you might want something to eat," Ben offered in a voice that seemed much more of a directive than a request.

 

"You will become accustomed to my brother's ‘proper' ways. After some exposure, you will feel you've been transported to an endless Victorian novel." Brian raised a brow, his tone chiding when he said, ‘I warned you that we are very different."

 

Justin smiled brightly. "Well, I think that will make for an interesting balance."

 

Ben chuckled, urging Justin into the drawing room. "Brian, why don't you take Justin's bags up to his room and then join us. While Justin is eating, we can get acquainted..."

 

Brian's eyes narrowed on his brother, trying to decipher his brother's true agenda. The layout of the food and assorted fruits and beverages had not been expected. Nodding, realizing he couldn't object without making a scene, Brian warningly told him, "I won't be very long."

 

Ben met Brian's eyes, ice momentarily forming in them. "I know you won't be."

 

Justin watched the two brothers with wide-eyed fascination. They both seemed tense, and yet, neither of them could be any more welcoming. "This looks great, Ben... or is it Benjamin? I'm not quite sure."

 

"Ben is preferable. You will hear Brian referring to me as Benjamin when he wishes to needle me." Ben chuckled briefly, "which is more often than not."

 

"I see." Justin wasn't surprised in the slightest and forced himself not to laugh. He really wouldn't want Brian to be any different. There was a strange charm about how Brian carried himself. It might be off-putting to some people, but he found it extremely captivating. Walking around, Justin looked at the architecture, the high ceilings, and the antique furniture that complimented every aspect of the room. "This room is exquisite. It has a feeling of immense history, not cold and clinical as some of the more modern decors can feel."

 

Ben watched Justin curiously, immensely surprised by the young man. "You speak like you have knowledge of design. Or perhaps the arts?" Motioning his hand forward. "Please make yourself something to eat, and grab a drink. This is your home now." 

 

"Well, for now. I don't want to impose any longer than absolutely necessary. And yes, I graduated from PIFA before my attack." Justin picked up a plate that was sparkling in a perfect ivory finish, not a doubt of it being the finest of china. He made a turkey sandwich, with tomato, lettuce, and cheese, spreading mayonnaise on both sides of wheat bread. Next to it, he placed fresh cut strawberries, assorted melons, and grapes. There were many other fruits to choose from, but he didn't even know what some of them were, and it was just too much. Selecting a bottle of water, Justin picked up a napkin and fork, and joined Ben on the sofa, placing his water on a coaster, and his plate on the elegant oak coffee table.

 

Nodding in understanding, Ben inquired, "That's an art academy?" 

 

Taking a small bite, and a long drink of water, Justin answered, "Yes. Of course, I didn't remember any of that until recently."

 

"Brian told me about your ex-boyfriend and about some medication he had tricked you into taking. That must have been a difficult discovery,." Ben told him, surprisingly finding himself more sympathetic to Justin's plight than he'd originally thought he would be. He still believed that Justin was a risk to Brian's safety, but it was difficult blaming this man. Justin seemed kind, considerate, and a young man that had endured more than anyone should at such a young age. Despite all of that... he would not allow his brother to be at risk.

 

"Yes, it was." Justin tasted the fruit, his eyes looking at Ben curiously. "You aren't joining me? It's a lot of food for just me."

 

"I had a plate just before you arrived. Perhaps Brian will join you." Turning away, Ben rolled his eyes as he heard Brian rushing down the stairs; although, knowing Justin wouldn't be able to hear the haste that Brian made. Before Brian entered the drawing room, Ben inclined his head, standing to his feet, distancing himself from the young man that he still perceived to be dangerous to his brother. "I will say goodnight, Justin. I'm sure we will speak again tomorrow."

 

Justin frowned, confused by the sudden coldness and distance emanating from Brian's brothers. "Uhhh yeah, I will look forward to that. Goodnight Ben. Thank you for welcoming me into your home."

 

Ben smiled, an expression that far from reached his eyes. "Of course, Justin; however, this is my brother's home. I do hope you rest well."

 

Brian's eyes narrowed as he listened to his brother, knowing his brother as he did, immediately recognizing the threat within. "Of course he will, dear brother. He couldn't be in a safer place."

 

"Indeed..." Ben replied drolly, his eyes connecting with his brother's for a long moment, in a glance telling him that they would be speaking again tonight. Walking out of the drawing room, and heading toward the stairs, Ben left them alone, determined that he would have his answers tonight... a plan already in mind how he would resolve the puzzle of Justin Taylor.

 

TBC