- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A/N: Please forgive any mistakes, along with the much-delayed posting of this chapter. I feel like I've been working on this forever with little progress at each attempt due to how little time I have to write these days. Hopefully, that improves soon...unfortunately, I can't guarantee that. Also, I did start posting another story. My intentions are typically to alternate between them equally, but these days, I will go with where the muse leads me. In regards to both stories, they will be written and completed.

Thanks for reading!

:)


 

Brian's eyes were wide open as he stared up at the dark ceiling, his vampire vision seeing everything in the darkened room. He had been lying here for hours, unable to sleep, the events of the evening continuing to replay in his mind. Ben's revelation about Justin had affected him more than he'd let on to his brother; however, he knew he hadn't fooled Ben for a single instant. Ben had an extraordinary gift of sight. Brian hadn't ever known his brother to be stumped by a mystery...no matter what - or who. He certainly didn't think that would start now. 

 

Whether he wanted to admit it or not, the truth of Justin's heritage did make a difference; and undoubtedly, would change the playing field in regards to his pursuit of the far too appealing blond. A mystery had been resolved, one that answered multiple questions. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he needed to proceed with caution from this point on. 

 

One important question had now been unequivocally answered. The medication hadn't blocked his compulsion. He would never be able to compel Justin, and that was a certain game-changer. That being the case, Ben's concerns were more than valid. As a vampire, his inability to compel Justin did place him in danger. In fact, the same reality endangered Ben as well. It was imperative that Justin didn't discover his secret. His control around Justin was shaky at best, which had only intensified after his first brief taste of Justin's addictive and special blood. 

 

Fairy blood. Nothing could entice, or even, seduce a vampire more. In Justin's case, it was more of a siren call. One that he wasn't sure he could resist. For now, his only defense was to make sure he fed before being alone with Justin. That wasn't the only risk that being near Justin presented to him and his brother. Justin did have the gift of sight; although, his amnesia could be blocking the larger part of it. He remembered Seth revealing that Justin had visions at times. His involvement with Justin was an ongoing risk. At any time Justin could have a vision that threatened them all. If that happened, he wasn't sure if Ben could be controlled.

 

If only he could trust Justin with the truth. Brian shrugged the idea off as soon as the thought occurred to him. His relationship with Justin hadn't progressed enough for that. Relationship? Since when did he ever think of his interactions with another man in the terms of a relationship!? Brian sat up in the bed, his head briefly turning to look at his bedroom door, his extra-sensitive hearing picking up movement in the hallway. It could only be two possibilities - Ben or Justin. At this moment, he actually hoped it wasn't Justin. Although he had fed voraciously after settling Justin into his new suite of rooms, his desire raged for the blond. There wasn't a doubt that his craving for Justin's blood nearly equaled his lust for his exquisite body. Somehow, he still intended on having both...it was simply a matter of doing it safely.

 

Before the timid knock sounded on his door, Brian achingly groaned. Justin was on the other side of the door. The light knock could be considered a primary indicator...but it wasn't the deciding factor. He could smell Justin's unique and alluring scent. Should he face this temptation tonight? Justin in his private rooms, while aware of his delicious fairy blood, lust boiling in his veins...should he even risk it?

 

Slipping from his bed, Brian had his answer as he put on his jeans, turning on the light to the dimmest setting, before he moved to the door, realizing he was probably making a huge mistake...but unable to do anything else. Opening the door, Brian's first look was Justin apprehensively biting his bottom lip, the savage in him wanting to replace Justin's teeth with his own, biting and claiming every inch of the alluring young man. His lust wasn't at all tempered by the uncertainty in Justin's eyes, the vulnerability only making the predator want to pounce.

 

"Did I wake you? I-I didn't mean to. I thought if you were sleeping, my light knock wouldn't disturb you..." Justin said, knowing that he was rambling but unable to do anything else. "Uhhh, I'll just go---"

 

Brian smiled, uncaring of how reckless he was being, or how much his brother would staunchly disapprove, he reached his hand forward, snagging one finger in the front of Justin's jeans, gently pulling him into the room. "I wasn't sleeping, and I believe I told you that I am a heavy sleeper. You would have needed to knock much louder to wake me up."

 

"Okay..." Justin answered almost breathlessly, his heart nervously jerking when Brian's finger briefly touched his bare skin. Forcing himself to move away, Justin looked around the room, surprised at the sheer size and openness of the bedroom alone, knowing by the size, depth of the room, and multiple doors, this was a full suite of rooms, much larger than his own. "This is impressive, Brian. The wood is beautiful. Your home is truly a work of art."

 

"Thank you, Justin. The wood is functional as well as pleasing to the eye." Brian closed and locked the door behind Justin, laughing at Justin's wide-eyed gaze when he turned the lock. "Ben has the habit of appearing for late-night chats if he knows I'm awake. I'd rather he not do that tonight---"

 

Justin nodded, deciding that made sense, and did fit in with how he had perceived Brian's brother so far. "I see. Uhh, what did you mean by the wood being functional?"

 

"The room is soundproof; in fact, the entire suite is. I enjoy my privacy. Often it is extremely beneficial." Brian realized that was only partially true. It was soundproof to the human ear, but not for him, and unfortunately, not for his brother either.

 

Flushing slightly, certain he knew what Brian was inferring, Justin glanced at the mussed up bed, casually observing, "I guess this isn't one of those nights."

 

Brian's eyes hungrily moved over Justin, before roughly growling, "Not yet it isn't."

 

Once more, Justin's eyes became wide, a nervous tremor in his voice when he reminded, "Uhhh, you said something about moving slow. Although, I'm not sure you can do that."

 

His tongue swiping along his lips, Brian took a few steps closer, knowing he should be moving in the opposite direction, but the blond was simply too enticing. "Normally I can...but you are more tempting, and when you come to my bedroom in the middle of the night you are even more so."

 

"I am flattered...much more than you know," Justin told him, knowing his attraction to Brian was a large part of what had led him here tonight. After getting some much-needed sleep, and some revelations after, he had rushed to Brian without any hesitation, wanting to talk to him about it tonight when everything was still fresh in his mind. Biting at his lip again, Justin asked, "Uhhh could you put your bedroom eyes away for now? It's difficult to have a serious conversation when you keep looking at me like that."

 

Taking another step closer, Brian used his most captivating voice, one he used when seeking to compel, one that he knew probably wouldn't work on Justin unless merely to seduce him. "It's late, Justin. I'm not sure a serious discussion is what either of us truly desires. Tell me I'm wrong about that...if you can."

 

Justin swallowed, awkwardly taking a step backward, suddenly more uncertain about how wise it had been to come to Brian at this late hour, knowing how Brian could become the face of sensuality in the blink of an eye. "Perhaps you're not wrong, but I did come here for a different reason, one that I had hoped to tell you about. You see...I had a dream, an extremely vivid one, and when I became fully awake, I surprisingly remembered all of it for once. When I did, so much was clear---"

 

In an instant, Brian's desire was restrained. Brian thought the knowledge of Justin's returning memory or any of his fairy visions would be the only thing powerful enough to accomplish that. Almost urgently, Brian pulled Justin over to the closest place to sit, uncaring that it was his rumpled bed. "Sit down and tell me about it..." Brian roughly demanded.

 

Justin looked at the bed hesitantly, uncertain if this was the wisest place to have a serious discussion with Brian, but upon seeing the intensity of Brian's gaze, he decided the other man's growing lust seemed to be abated...at least for the moment. "Okay." Justin sat on the far edge of the bed, hoping that Brian would leave some space between them, but, quickly finding that Brian wasn't about to make things that easy and comfortable for him. "I'm not exactly sure how to explain it really. I was asleep, so it had to be a dream...but it felt more like distant memories flooding me all at once."

 

"Well, did it seem real?" Brian frowned as he thought about it. Was this Justin's memory returning? He really didn't see that as a bad thing. Justin's mind being healthy was what he had wanted...but would that make his sight as a fairy more acute? Brian realized that could be a problem. 

 

Nodding, Justin quickly answered, "Yes, I think so. You know how you dream and it's hazy when you wake up?" Not waiting for Brian to answer, reading the understanding in his eyes, Justin continued, "This wasn't like that. When I woke up, it felt more like something that had just happened. But it hadn't. It was a memory."

 

"Perhaps this is your memory returning..." Brian suggested, having very little doubt this was what was happening.

 

"I think it could be." Justin smiled, shaking his head, an incredulous look on his face. "I never thought I would regain any knowledge of my past; at least, not through my own mind. Seth told me I'd never get my memory back, and that what he filled in of the pieces was all I would ever know about my life."

 

For a moment, Brian wished he hadn't killed Seth so quickly. He should have toyed with him longer for all of the injustices he had inflicted on Justin. Brian's eyes shuttered for a moment as he remembered killing Seth. He had no idea how fairy sight worked. Could Justin see that in a vision one day? If he did, and Ben realized it first, he doubted he could say or do anything to control his brother. Brian hoped it never came to that. "Well, it appears that Seth didn't know shit."

 

Justin laughed. "I guess not."

 

"What did you remember?" Brian asked, more than a little curious about not only Justin's past but at what point his memory started to return.

 

"It was in the hospital. I was awake hurting really bad, in and out of consciousness. I heard arguing in the hall. I think it was my mom...and maybe Seth." He looked up at Brian, tears suddenly shining in his eyes. "For the longest time, Seth told me both of my parents had abandoned me there. I knew my father had...but I had hoped that my mom would care if I lived or died. Now I know that she did. She may have ended up leaving...but she tried to see me, only Seth didn't let her."

 

A muscle twitched in Brian's cheek. Rage swelled within him...a rage he didn't understand. Why did he care so much about Justin and his feelings? It was incomprehensible with who he was and how he lived his life. At the moment, Brian didn't care why he felt as he did, he only knew he truly wished Seth was here now. There were so many forms of torture he would have inflicted on him. Clearing his throat, attempting to push back the rage that sweltered inside of him, Brian gruffly urged, "I assume you heard something of their conversation to form that conclusion."

 

"Just enough to know that she was arguing with Seth. She wanted to see me, and he told her that I couldn't have any visitors and that it wouldn't matter since I was unconscious and virtually unresponsive. Later that was true when he started administering larger doses of my medication...but that was after my mother was gone."

 

Brian scowled. "Your former boyfriend was a dick of the highest order. It's good that he is out of your life."

 

Justin shuddered as he thought about that. "I hope I never have to see him again."

 

Brian looked away for a moment, barely keeping the feral smile from his face. "I doubt that you will, Justin. I'm sure that Seth is long gone after realizing you would be reporting him. What he did was a serious criminal offense."

 

"Yeah..." Justin agreed. "He's probably far away from here now. I just hope he doesn't play his sick games with someone else."

 

Although he couldn't relieve Justin's mind about the impossibility of that, Brian knew he had done what had not only been right for Justin but for other unsuspecting victims as well. In his vast experience, pariahs like Seth didn't change. Fortunately, no one had to worry about him ever again. "I suppose in the stress of the moment your mother didn't stop to think that she could have gone over his head. As your parent, no matter of your age, she did have the right to see you, unless you had previously forbidden it."

 

"Yes, that's true...or she didn't care enough to bother," Justin replied bitterly. "We had a bad relationship before I was attacked and left for dead. She never fought my father on my behalf. I know she was scared, but she could have done something. And, she never tried to see me again." Justin glanced at Brian, as he sat there silently listening to him, giving the impression that he was absorbing every word he told him. "I heard her saying she needed to give me these papers before Seth said he'd give them to me, and that once I was coherent again - if I was - that it would be my choice if I wanted to see her."

 

That was interesting, Brian thought to himself. More pieces were coming together. Clearly, Justin's mother knew about his inheritance and was perhaps keeping it from her husband...Justin's father. "Of course Seth never told you, and you never connected with your mother."

 

"No on both counts." Justin shrugged indifferently. "I really don't care anymore. She was never there for me when it mattered, and when I was beaten and nearly died, she came just to deliver papers. My life before the attack was hazy, but it's like this dream lifted a fog that was blocking me. I remember it all now. There is nothing to revisit in my past. I am just looking toward the future now."

 

Brian silently considered Justin's words. He wasn't so sure that Justin's mother didn't care about him. Perhaps she had been protecting Justin by withholding the information of his inheritance. If his father had truly been that twisted, he could have devised a way to take that from Justin. Ironically, that had nearly happened with Seth. Now the question of how Seth knew so much about Justin's inheritance made more sense. That was what caused Seth to criminally medicate his patient, and soon after, take over Justin's life. Seth had truly been a depraved and disgusting human. Justin was so much better off without him. "That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure an objective doctor, and not the one that had treated you previously, can have your mind on the right path."

 

Shaking his head, Justin adamantly answered, "No, I don't want to see a doctor now. I know all the tests that would be run, and I don't want to go through that again. My memories rushed over me, starting with the dream, and then, even more when I woke up. I think my memory is returning fine without any clinical determination. And, I definitely don't want any more drugs in my system."

 

"Okay. That's your call. Are you ready for the appointment with the attorney? I know you must be curious about the details of your inheritance."

 

"Yes, I am very anxious to learn more about that. And, it's not really about the money; although, it will be nice not to worry about finances. I just want to know about this relative and my connection to them." Justin couldn't imagine having that much money. It was totally implausible to him. At the moment, though, he just wanted to know about his mysterious relative, hoping he would feel more connected to them than he ever had to his own parents. 

 

Brian lifted his hand, lightly stroking it across Justin's flawless cheek, the warmth and softness of his skin causing him to wonder if Justin would be this soft and perfect all over. He slightly amended that thought to himself. There was one portion of Justin's anatomy that he knew wouldn't be soft when he touched him. That was something he intended to experience at the earliest opportunity. "I've already told you that you are welcome here for as long as you would like. Finances should be the last thing on your mind."

 

"Thank you, Brian. You have been so nice to me." Justin gave Brian a bright smile, his eyes sparkling and welcoming, unbeknownst to the blond, enticing the other man in ways he couldn't possibly understand.

 

Blinking, unable to comprehend what was happening, Brian lowered his hand, feeling as if his fingertips were burning at the slight brushing of Justin's skin. What the fuck was happening to him? The seducer was becoming the seduced. It wasn't the first time he had been enticed by Justin's smile...but it was different now. It was pure seduction, and the boy didn't even realize it. 

 

Whatever was happening with Justin's memories seemed to be drawing out the true Justin, the beguiling and seductive fairy that was irresistible to a vampire. Brian had never encountered a fairy in his lifetime, but he had heard many stories...ones that he hadn't believed; at least, not until now. 

 

"Brian? Are you okay?" Justin frowned, looking at the other man curiously, warring emotions seemingly battling in Brian's hazel eyes.

 

Okay? Fuck no, he wasn't. He wanted to devour the special blond...and possibly never stop. He was ravenous for another taste of his dangerously addictive blood. That first brief taste had been a mistake. After that, he knew how different Justin tasted, and how difficult it would be to not only resist but to stop as well. Ben's response to Justin had never been an overreaction. Brian could see it so clearly now. Justin was dangerous to them...but he wanted him too much to back off now. "Yes, in a manner of speaking."

 

"What does that mean?" Justin asked in confusion.

 

"It means that I think it's time you returned to your own room and bed. I am trying to keep my word and not pounce on you...but you are just too damned appealing." Brian nearly groaned when he saw a mischievous spark in Justin's eyes. His thought had been correct. Justin's healing mind was pushing all of his hidden fairy traits to the forefront. He was undeniably fucked.

 

"Uhhh, but I'm not tired." Justin looked down and glanced back up through his eyelashes, his lips curved into a sultry smile that was designed to seduce him...whether Justin realized it or not. 

 

Nostrils flaring, Brian stood to his feet, yet not moving away from the bed, irresistibly taking a couple of steps to stand directly in front of Justin still sitting on his bed. "You are playing with fire, little boy."

 

Justin licked his lips, his eyes brazenly caressing the dominant beauty that stood over him. He reached out and trailed a fingertip along Brian's leg, his eyes widening when he instantly noticed the bulge that protruded inside the other man's jeans. "Am I? Well, I've played it safe for too long now. I think I realized that before I came to your room tonight."

 

"You have no idea what you're inviting..." Brian growled, his hands grasping Justin's arms, and pushing him back to lay on his bed, his body swiftly following him down. Brian knew this could be a monumental mistake...but nothing would stop him from having Justin tonight.

 

Justin lifted his arms over his head, his skin flushed, his eyes warm and inviting. In a husky voice that caused Brian's dick to immediately twitch, Justin told him, "show me."

 

TBC

Chapter End Notes:

A/N: Yes, I know. What an ending point! Haha. I guess we'll see if this scene plays out, or if something or someone disrupts it. I can't imagine my muse doing that! Seriously though, it took forever to get this chapter written, and it was longer than most of my chapters, so I decided to end it here. 

Again, thanks for reading. As always, comments are greatly appreciated and motivating! :)